The Game of Thrones OFFICIAL thread

Comments

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    A lot of people. Shit, even my boss downloaded that copy of GoT because he couldn't wait.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,087 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Damn, these hackers just don't want anyone to have any fun.

i dont get the big deal....episodes got leaked early last year and it didnt hurt them at all either.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
    maxx wrote: »
    Raz0r wrote: »
    Damn, these hackers just don't want anyone to have any fun.

i dont get the big deal....episodes got leaked early last year and it didnt hurt them at all either.

Yeah it definitely won't hurt HBO, at least in the immediate, but if they can't hold their shit down there's no reason to subscribe to them. You'll get the episodes online from hackers and thus save yourself the subscription fee. That'll really hurt the company.

Personally, I just like to watch it every week with friends and the leaks are dangerous. As we saw from #RektBogart, some people are going to come here and spoil it just for the sake of spoiling. So it's just an annoyance to have these things out there.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,963
    My wife's out of town every other week so I have to wait until Tuesday to watch every other episode. It's bad enough to have to avoid this thread on Sunday, but it really sucks having shit spoiled before then when the episode hasn't even aired.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,210
    Wtf you gonna subscribe to hbo when fmovies hooks you up an hr or 2 after the US release?
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
    I hope Scotland sinks with you the only person on it.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 9
    Finally got back from vacation and I gotta say, it was a brilliantly entertaining episode. Like another poster said, what the show might be missing in more cogent plot points and pacing they certainly make up for sheer visual entertainment. Drogon incinerating foes instantaneously into ash was insane, the culmination of everything we as fans wanted to see. I was really impressed with the scene where it was low flying over the water and you could see the wind disruption of the water underneath, it was like 747 on a slow descent.

-I think Sansa is showing much of her mother's personality, while she can be caring you can see an underlying spitefulness and envy regarding her siblings, a trait that Littlefinger can easily foster like a Sith Lord. When your claim to fame is being Joffrey's and Ramsay's plaything and also married to an imp, I can see why she could develop a complex, especially with Bran's knowledge.

-Speaking of Littlefinger, watching him get shook twice in one ep was satisfying. The chickens are coming home to roost for him, and Sansa is his only lifeline. As much she thinks she holds all the cards, deep down she needs his unwavering loyalty and like his perverse admiration. She's too vain to let him go without external motivation.

-I get the strong feeling that Jon x Dany alliance will culminate into a romance, with Dany covering up said attraction with political and practical reasoning to her advisors. She sees the strength of character in him and the loyalty it inspires, and because of this she'll see him a worthy husband... and then Bran will relay the horrific truth that Jon is boinking his aunt. *face fault gif*

-Poor Bran, and I can only imagine the flood of information past, present and possibly future going through his mind on a regular basis. I sympathize with him because it must be overwhelming retaining one's self with the influx of all the horrors of Westeros in full view. Poor Meera too, all that insane hardship she endure lugging him for hundreds of miles; she was probably looking forward to settling down with Bran after all this was over, and now she realizes that Bran she knew is now a shell of his former self. To be a Greenseer is a hard life indeed...
    fishjie wrote: »
    ok now on to the actual problem i had with the episode. there is no way arya could have beaten brienne like that. they made it look like arya outclassed brienne, but brienne had to have been holding back. weight classes exist for a reason. a tiny sword like that ain't gonna do shit to plate armor and someone 3x-4x your weight using a huge ass sword. oberyn beat mountain because he used his speed and spear which gave him longer reach. you don't meelee up close with a top tier fighter like brienne.

cool scene and good fan service, but they coulda reworked that one better. arya could barely beat the waif and now she's a level 100 assassin?

Agreed. I rewatched the Oberyn vs The Mountain fight and it was much more realistically choreographed. Oberyn used The Mountain's force against him when parrying his attack and never faced him direct. Arya should've never clashed with Brienne at all. Maisie is 5'1" and Gwendolyn is 6'3" and we're supposed suspend our belief that Arya with Needle can clash with the amazon Brienne? If she just kept nimbly avoiding her like in the first few seconds it would've been acceptable, but this whole clashing/ arm pulling nonsense almost ruined it for me. It was still nice to watch from a growth perspective nonetheless.

The Dancer guy training her was way back in season 1 though right? Because I don't remember her getting this type of training at No One's guild. Just a few short lessons made her a full on expert on her own? Eh, it is what it is...
    Post edited by white shadow on
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,210
    That last episode was to make up for the ed sheeran fuckery tbh.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • T20thoughtsT20thoughts Shurororororo! Joined: Posts: 1,591
    The Dancer guy training her was way back in season 1 though right? Because I don't remember her getting this type of training at No One's guild. Just a few short lessons made her a full on expert on her own? Eh, it is what it is...

Again, the show has a real problem with conveying just how much time passes even in one single episode. An episode can take up a day of in-world time or literal weeks, and there can be in-world weeks between one episode and the next.

Arya spent a LOT of time over on Braavos. It just looked like she was there for a couple of weeks getting a crash course because of the above.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,797
    At least when the books finally do drop again, I can rest easy knowing that Dorne won't be fucked and misandled so horribly.
  • Sacr3DSacr3D Bounce Man Joined: Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    chadouken! wrote: »
    My wife's out of town every other week so I have to wait until Tuesday to watch every other episode. It's bad enough to have to avoid this thread on Sunday, but it really sucks having shit spoiled before then when the episode hasn't even aired.

Just watch it on Sundays... don't be a cuck.
  • rcaidorcaido Dynamic Bayside Duo Joined: Posts: 8,324
    I thought the whole Bend the Knee thing was a nice touch to Mance Rayder...Shit went full circle & now he understands why he didn't "Bend the Knee" to Stannis.

• ExposedDExposedD Persona 5 Joined: Posts: 6,311
    Episode was great.

Also Bronn's laugh at "dickon"

affinity wrote: »
    I mean, you can't even play as a cat in that game. wtf. it's 2017.
    It's called Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog, not Sonic the Cat, you dumb bitch.
  • chadouken!chadouken! less < more Joined: Posts: 4,963
    Sacr3D wrote: »

Just watch it on Sundays... don't be a cuck.

I'm OK waiting. Just gotta stay out of here for a couple days. It's more fun watching it with her than alone.
    I'm a grown fucking man, if I wanna smoke a crack pipe on a friend's birthday, I wanna smoke a crack pipe.
    -ArtVandelay, 2017
  • Captain RyuCaptain Ryu Scoot Magee Joined: Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nobody cares about Rickon.
    CFN ScootMagee
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    rcaido wrote: »
    Im more excited for Bron & Tyrion reunion...Maybe the "for love" betrayal might be Tyrion letting Jamie free. Tyrion gets sentence too burning by dragon fire...Of course the Dragons wont burn him because the little guy is a Targaryen too. Thus the three headed dragon riders are revealed...Jon, Danny, & Tyrion. #mammabirthkillerclub

Jamie comes home finding out Cersei has been fucking Euron, ends up strangling her just like Tyrion did with the whore Shae...Jamie then fight Euron in the toilet just about when Jamie is losing Theon comes out of nowhere to reek havoc.

I wish tomorrow was Sunday already!

I like the idea, how about #DisneyDragonRiders, since the mothers are all dead?
    Jamie being the King and Queen slayer would be sooooo gangster not even gonna lie
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • Reason4UReason4U Joined: Posts: 4,750
    Bronn gonna ditch Jamie and join Danerys team under threat of death.

Bronn gonna hit on Misandei to hilarious effect.

Bronn gonna die likely fighting Euron and not get any fucking Castles or pussy.

He got huge fan service this episode and I thinking it will be a last big hurrah for him.
    You ain't SHIT Wesker!!! - Dormmammu
    MK9-Sub Zero, Sonya VF-Goh, Brad Tekken-Lee, Hwo,Paul,Leo
    SFxT-Cody/Poison
    Skullgirls-Peacock,Cerabella,Painwheel TTT2- Lee/Hwo, Paul/Leo, JC/Steve
    Bronn has been waiting for that castle for what feels like 7 seasons.
    Maybe Gendry picks those two up from his row boat...I dont want Bronn to die, he is one of my favs along w/ the Hound.
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i was legit terrified this last episode i thought for sure bronn was gonna get roasted when he was on the scorpion glad he pulled through - although i fear his time is nearing an end regardless
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
  • MCPMCP Joined: Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    dn3000 wrote: »
    tight ass lannisters
    "Finger in the butt" -Euron
  • MarcOfTheBeastMarcOfTheBeast Joined: Posts: 224
    Has anyone expanded on Sansa's jealously when she saw Arya kick ass in that training session. It was like she wanted her to lose, i could only imagine if she would've showed up with her dire wolf.
  • NeverYouMindNeverYouMind Joined: Posts: 670
    It was a mildly amusing episode, but awful in comparison to Battle of the Bastards. That is the one episode of the show that genuinely outclasses many films.

Meera was downright insulted by Bran's obliviousness. Your brother died, you carried me hundreds of miles through snow to get me home while endangering your life, and I thank you. Now fuck off, I am the three eyed raven.

Brienne started off real easy on Arya, but when Arya got cocky, she kicked her out of it and pushed her buttons a little. Arya's smirk through the whole thing was out of character. It is startling that her longtime student continues to lunge, when she instructs him not to.

Was that new to battle Lord the one that perished from dragon fire after tackling Jaime off horseback?

P.S. Finding Theon was better.

• LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,797
    It was Bronn that tackled Jaime into the water, and last I checked Bronn survived it.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Nah it was Bronn.. notice he grabbed the white horse after the dragon killer was destroyed.
  • Darklightjg1Darklightjg1 Dr. SuessLight Joined: Posts: 3,659
    All I know is Jaime is in for one hell of a scolding from like 5 different people after that stunt.
    My twitch channel (Action, Platformers, RPGs and Fighting games): twitch.tv/darklightjg1

My Sonic hack (shameless plug): http://sonicresearch.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3938
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Dickon is such an obvious redshirt lol

• highluluhighlulu Joined: Posts: 3,820
    Reticently wrote: »
    You know what part of the last episode hurt me the most?

Bronn's gold.

for a second there i thought that bronn might try to pick his gold up and get killed for it
    Umvc3 - (Nova/Frank/Dante) (Nova/Spencer/Strange) (Zero/Doom/Vergil)
    SF4 - Cammy, Ken
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 9
    So, Cersei is broke again now that Dany has seized three or four huge globs of recently molten gold.

In the preview Dany tried to scare Jon with Drogon but I bet Jon's going to do something hard like give Dany a hand off the dragon like she was on a horse.
    fishjie wrote: »
    ok now on to the actual problem i had with the episode. there is no way arya could have beaten brienne like that. they made it look like arya outclassed brienne, but brienne had to have been holding back. weight classes exist for a reason. a tiny sword like that ain't gonna do shit to plate armor and someone 3x-4x your weight using a huge ass sword. oberyn beat mountain because he used his speed and spear which gave him longer reach. you don't meelee up close with a top tier fighter like brienne.

Re-watch the fight. Look at Brienne's armor. It isn't full plate. A good amount of her body was only protected by leather and we can assume chain underneath. These are the areas where Arya got points: Head, hand(this one actually hurt Brienne), waist(armored), knee, neck. Brienne definitely was holding back but only at the beginning. Of course Brienne could have cut Arya in two after that kick but it was sparring. Both of them had chances to end the fight if it were real but they sparred until a draw.

Weight classes exist for a good reason but it isn't like Heavyweight and Featherweight don't have their unique advantages and disadvantages. You saw them in this fight. Once Brienne was serious, Arya's winning strategy was wearing Brienne down with quick attacks and good footwork. Brienne was doing the old Roy Nelson.
    arya could barely beat the waif and now she's a level 100 assassin?
    We don't know how their last fight went after Arya picked up the rapier.
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    Here's a thought. Since there is no where for Jaime to go, should Daenerys like hold him prisoner?

In the next episode preview Jamie and Bronn are nowhere to be seen. Given the last we saw was them jumping into inexplicably deep water 3 feet off the shore, and given how in the preview we see Dany at the scene of the battle near Highgarden AND back at Dragonstone, Jamie and Bronn will probably wash up on the Pirate Isles, the Free Cities or maybe even Hardhome.
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Oddly, the first line you hear before the attack is that the last of the gold is safely inside the city. I think it was food she was burning, food she desperately needs for her army.

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    Everyone needs food, even Dany. That's why it's stupid that she just destroyed it instead of capturing it.

Or it may be a plot point later. We know winter is here and the only ones who had a lot of grain were the Tyrells. With them desperate for food, it may force Cersei's hand to go up to Winterfell and either deal with Jon/Sansa or to start another war with the North.

I hope I'm not right because that would be pretty predictable.
  • fishjiefishjie no Joined: Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    i'm seeing a lot of stuff online about dany is going to be the new villain. makes sense. I LIKE IT. it would certainly address all the angry redpill dudes complaining she's a mary sue character. hopeful prediction: jon snow and arya tag team teleportation kill.

also as i mentioned before i was legit worried about bronn during the ep, but now i'm thinking there aren't many characters left and i like them all. littlefinger, bronn, pod, and brienne do not have plot armor and i don't see them lasting much longer. meanwhile annoying characters like bran may live to see the end
    Nicky's methods of betting weren't scientific, but they worked. When he won, he collected. When he lost, he told the bookies to go fuck themselves. I mean, what were they going to do, muscle Nicky? Nicky was the muscle
  • SF09ersSF09ers #1 Daigo Fan Joined: Posts: 827

Just when I thought we were done with the bookfags spoiling everything now we have to deal with leakers.
  • ExposedDExposedD Persona 5 Joined: Posts: 6,311
    At this point i think Jaime is my favorite GOT character. Couldn't really tell you why that is tho.

Really rooting 4 the guy!
    affinity wrote: »
    I mean, you can't even play as a cat in that game. wtf. it's 2017.
    It's called Sonic the Fucking Hedgehog, not Sonic the Cat, you dumb bitch.
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited August 10
    I think the GOT show has done a decent job evolving characters to make some of the S1 villains become more human and complex as time has progressed. One issue right now is that I think the GOT nobles have very little reason to support Queen Cersi, unless she swears to chose an heir from one of the noble families, otherwise it seems even if they do win this war, they will be fighting another war in a generation or two when she dies without an heir. Her being an unbearable cunt also isn't helping rally the banner-men to their side. One of the book readers can feel free to chime in if she has a clear successor, I haven't read the books.

Edit: Though if Danny gets the throne, the same thing is likely to happen, though I'm not certain if her infertility is common knowledge.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    SF09ers wrote: »
    Just when I thought we were done with the bookfags spoiling everything now we have to deal with leakers.
    There are still one or two things from the books that can be used in the show.
    J-ride wrote: »
    Edit: Though if Danny gets the throne, the same thing is likely to happen, though I'm not certain if her infertility is common knowledge.
    I'm fairly certain Jon Snow's seed will dispel the curse.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,128
    We've beenhearing her called Mother of Dragons for 7 seasons now, just stick the crown on Drogen.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    Im not a big fan of her character & as much as this season is showing Danny becoming closer to the mad queen, i dont think it will happen...She has been for the good of the people throughout & seem like she is a good person overall.