The Game of Thrones OFFICIAL thread

Comments

• GHOSTMACHINESGHOSTMACHINES Destroyer of Mouthbreathers Joined: Posts: 1,659
    King9999 wrote: »
    The Iron Throne is a goddamn revolving door. Nobody sits on it for very long, yet people play the game knowing this.

That's what I'm thinking: why the fuck would anyone want to be King? It's a fucking stressful ass job and you constantly have everyone trying to take you out to take what you have.
    I play League of Legends. IGN: WellWHOOOOSThis
    My Last.fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/stickyshooz

"Raiden is not, was not, and never will be a true nigga" -SWBeta
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The Iron Throne is a goddamn revolving door. Nobody sits on it for very long, yet people play the game knowing this.

This is a VERY old axiom. From modern books covering the Italian mafia (where dons don't last more than a couple of years) to the moral of the Sword of Damocles (there's always the danger of death looming over your head), those in power are usually violently removed.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

That's what I'm thinking: why the fuck would anyone want to be King? It's a fucking stressful ass job and you constantly have everyone trying to take you out to take what you have.

Actually, Most of the shows that have this type of setting usually have the henchmen/workers getting fucked over while the King gets it easy.

For example, Beauty and the Beast. Why the fuck did that enchantress de-humanize the Beast's workers when they didn't do shit to her? She made these innocent workers (even a fucking kid and a dog) to be cheap ass house supplies while he (the one who dissed her) gets to be a fucking bear/lion cross that can fuck up random wolves and macho men. If disney made his workers all black, i would understand but they weren't.

Usually, almost all these shows have the henchmen getting screwed over and even killed while the commander/king just gets captured and thrown in jail. WTF is that?

GOT has got to be the only one (or one of the very few shows) in where the king/leader gets killed.
  • Rioting SoulRioting Soul Joined: Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2016
    How do you guys feel about the Jon Snow = Azor Ahai theory? If you don't know about it, the bloody sword Ned put on Lyanna's bed is called Dawn and has a picture of the sun on the pommel. The prophecy of Azor Ahai's return is a bleeding star. The red comet was called The Bleeding Star, but maybe this is what the prophecy meant. Also Azor Ahai is called The Prince That Was Promised("promise me, Ned").

I just remembered something. Dany is infertile. Something has to happen to her if she's going to be bearing Jon's children. Maybe Melisandre puts her hand on Dany's stomach, says some bullshit then Dany starts ovulating.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,612 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    edited June 2016
    RockBogart wrote: »
    Just thought about something. Does Arya know her uncle is in a cell at the twins?

What's most annoying about the Varys plot fuck up is that people dont truly get to appreciate how much more advanced he is than Littlefinger. The shit Varys pulls off in the book is basically some shit that took decades of planning and monitoring.

To be fair, Varys had Illyrio as his equal confederate, in his plans.

And Littlefinger has been plotting his revenge ever since Brandon beat the little prick senseless, and bloody, in the mud, for challenging him for Cat's hand.
    How do you guys feel about the Jon Snow = Azor Ahai theory? If you don't know about it, the bloody sword Ned put on Lyanna's bed is called Dawn and has a picture of the sun on the pommel. The prophecy of Azor Ahai's return is a bleeding star. The red comet was called The Bleeding Star, but maybe this is what the prophecy meant. Also Azor Ahai is called The Prince That Was Promised("promise me, Ned").

I just remembered something. Dany is infertile. Something has to happen to her if she's going to be bearing Jon's children. Maybe Melisandre puts her hand on Dany's stomach, says some bullshit then Dany starts ovulating.

Dany is no longer infertile.

Her flow came back, in Mereen, in the last book.
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,862
    Tommen really got manipulated to death

who the fuck is gonna feed ser pounce tho
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,862
    How do you guys feel about the Jon Snow = Azor Ahai theory?

Welcome to 5 years ago :coffee:

Another thing that the show does a bad job of explaining is the fact that all the Stark kids can Worg.

Jon can warg as well?
    a15kko wrote: »
    How do you guys feel about the Jon Snow = Azor Ahai theory?

Welcome to 5 years ago :coffee:

Another thing that the show does a bad job of explaining is the fact that all the Stark kids can Worg.

Jon can warg as well?

That was the angle Martin was going for when he named Jon's wolf Ghost.

Because in the books, the reason he'll come back is because his soul is housed in Ghost due to their connection.

Or so the theory goes.

The connection between the kids and their wolves is soul deep, and the wolves are basically part of them.

Which is another huge plot point not touched on, and completely shat all over, by the show.

See: Sansa after losing Lady becoming very UnStark.

Martin even congratulated some dude who pointed that out, in one of his many fan meetups.
  • white shadowwhite shadow WHAT'S MY NAME NYUKAH?!!! Joined: Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Pimp Willy wrote: »

xv7KziL.jpg

I posted that scene a few pages back, very noteworthy moment.

The notion that prophecies are palpable and fate is hardwired into the timeline (e.g., Cersei's kids dying) is both intriguing and depressing.

In Jon's case, the fact that he was predicted to appear hundreds of years before his birth is even more interesting, because although there is a constant reinforcement of the lack of an afterlife other than the Weirwoods, there seems to be some kind of reincarnation of the "Chosen One(s)" who defies all odds and fulfill their destiny.

If the Lord of Light really isn't a god and is just some ancient, nigh omnipotent greenseer, what purpose would he or she have in manipulating the affairs of people and creating these recurring conflicts? Why does he or she grant resurrection for some people like Jon and Beric? Why is magic coming back just because of the appearance of dragons?

So much stuff needs to be resolved.
    It could be Esther Baxter vs. Pat Morita in drag and half of this board would be like "black chicks don't really turn me on sooo..." - Randomnigga

" Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?!!!"- Wayne Brady from Chappelle's Show. LOL!!!
  • BB_HoodyBB_Hoody Nice plane you have there. Be a Shame if something went wrong in flight and it crashed Joined: Posts: 5,017
    fishjie wrote: »
    BB_Hoody wrote: »
    Damn what an ep. As a superior book reader I've got mixed feelings about the season as a whole but this episode was powerful. the scene with Arya and Jon snow gave me chills. Olenna is a badass. I'm guessing sennin srk and other Elliot Rodgers and gamer gate supporters hate all the feminism goin on in the show

Pissed that Marge got peaced out like that. They killin far too many ppl out of laziness, loses meaning.

Will post more thoughts later but goddamn.

Really.....? Like that flame has finally died out, and here you come with that Cersei wildfire. C'mon son.
    mowr wrote: »
    I'm guessing sennin srk and other Elliot Rodgers and gamer gate supporters hate all the feminism goin on in the show

You know it's just weird because... the only time I ever hear about gamergaters hating on shit is when other people insist that gamergaters are hating on shit.

DfgjnfK.jpg?1

Couldn't have said any better myself. Thank you

i was arguin with this sennin srk cat about how gamer gate was stupid and he was insisting it was about journalistic integrity. i was all like LMAO gaming journalism, who gives a flying fuck about a bunch of stupid video games. nah it was a bunch of dudes mad because some chick cheated on her boyfriend. none of their business, but instead they sent a bunch of death threats. and then using some flimsy pretext about integrity. looooool. then these same ppl also worship this roosh dude, who wrote a long article about how mad max was feminist propaganda cause it had female lead characters, i can only imagine how rabidly these roosh lovers and gamer gate death threat senders are having aneurysms because ALL the leaders in GOT are women now

Cersei sits on iron throne, after indirectly killing off Tommen who was soft
    Dany is gonna kill everything and dismissed her man, choosing a half man instead to keep by her side
    Yara is teaming up with Dany, while Theon says he's not fit to rule and has literally been emasculated
    Olanna is a badass
    Sand snakes killed off the weak men
    Sansa got the north, jon snow is an ineffective emo bitch who can't even decide between killing the red woman nor keep her around for help fighting white walkers and comes up with the worst of both world compromise
    Arya just fucked up Walder and she's got eyes on Jaime

im surprised i havent heard any hate toward the show yet, maybe the roosh lovers are too busy sending death threats to whatever gamer chick pissed them off now

Not sure if well crafted bait or dead serious. Either way I'm not going there with ya. Agree to disagree and lets never bring this up again.
  • DANZANDANZAN NO SQUIGGERINO Joined: Posts: 6,557
    So it's safe to say that Jaime is gonna turn against Cersei in the next season?
    angelpalm wrote: »
    People have to complain to counter act that massive influx of idiot gamers that just eat whatever shit pie developers and studios crap out in front of them. If people didn't complain we would all be playing NMS for years right along side the martian.
    Will Lady Stoneheart ever show up?
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    No i doubt it.. ship has sailed.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    ExposedD wrote: »
    So it's safe to say that Jaime is gonna turn against Cersei in the next season?

jamie is honorable. i dont think he could really stand watching by her side cersei going full heel. He had that oh fuck look watchin her on the throne.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,589
    Jamie is honourable? Your crazy. Dude fucks his sister while tossing kids outta windows.
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

-Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is anyone going to question where Arya got the face? Unless she stuffed a bunch of faces in her shirt before she left the faceless men, like a fat chick stuffs Red Lobster chedder biscuits in her purse, then that means she killed an innocent woman and cut her face off.

If that theory about the wolves housing part of the Stark kids' souls is true, then what would Arya lose if Nymeria is killed? She's already a full blooded sociopath.
    www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
    edited June 2016
    crucades wrote: »
    Jamie is honourable? Your crazy. Dude fucks his sister while tossing kids outta windows.

Jaimie's honour goes out the window when it concerns his sister... sister fucking for him trumps everything else lol

@4:07 sums it up:

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 26,119 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think they leave the pulling of the faces up in the air because it's supposed to be mysterious on the show. Like them Naruto summons.

b0c31ee6fe63b466a93da248c09eefe17d4af059_hq.gif
    Raz0r wrote: »
    I love punk's posting style. Those emotes are hilarious.
    dn3000 wrote: »

Jaimie's honour goes out the window when it concerns his sister... sister fucking for him trumps everything else lol

Brienne trumps his sister fucking doe......

Maybe.... brienne is probably the only person that can make him see sense...
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,163
    GoT and GRRM are usually pretty smart about not even trying to explain how magic works- that way the world doesn't sit around dissecting just how stupid the details end up being.

With the faces they probably showed us a little too much, though the reveal scene was cool. Before we knew about the storage facility it was all just hand-waved magic, now that we've seen it we have to sit around wondering about logistics every time the trick gets used.
  • TheMaidenMashaTheMaidenMasha Joined: Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I think its a little sus that John Snow has full support for king of the North when he basically shit the bed in a huge way in that battle.
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    So why doesn't Arya using the faceless magic make her blind when she has chosen to be someone?
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,163
    J-ride wrote: »
    So why doesn't Arya using the faceless magic make her blind when she has chosen to be someone?

Real answer is who knows, but best guess is that once you contribute to the collection you've passed the initiation and have joined the club.

Membership has its privileges.
  • voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Reticently wrote: »
    GoT and GRRM are usually pretty smart about not even trying to explain how magic works- that way the world doesn't sit around dissecting just how stupid the details end up being.

With the faces they probably showed us a little too much, though the reveal scene was cool. Before we knew about the storage facility it was all just hand-waved magic, now that we've seen it we have to sit around wondering about logistics every time the trick gets used.

I agree. Up until the faceless men saga, I just assumed it was some kind of illusion magic like Melisandra uses and that was good enough for me, but they had to go and be super literal about the face stealing.

Hell, I could even accept that the face warehouse was a hub where faceless men could "download" new faces when needed while in the field........MAGIC.

www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,774 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Magic is intentionally left ambigious so people don't nitpick over its use, I assume. GRR knows how fanboys are.

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • pedoviejopedoviejo Thuggin in da Kitchen Joined: Posts: 13,848
    edited June 2016

just because you fuck your sister doens't mean you aren't honorable. Your forefathers fucked one another to preseve bloodlines and they built some dumbass honor system to boot
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Complete my life Capcom, and make a Megaman Legends 3 exclusive for PS4. Do it, do it for the glory that should be and would be.
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I definitely agree about explaining magic. That is exactly what ruined Sword of Truth (well that and it becoming Atlas Shrugged the magic version) watching characters explain every few books how magic works and it being completely different each time was really stupid. Especially when the main character constantly pulled new magic abilities out of his ass every time the plot needed him to do so. But then the next book he would get owned by some low level magic trick because he never learned how his powers worked lol.
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    It's funny. My brother loves super specific magic systems in his stories.

Always trying to tell me all of the exact rules from a series he's reading. So long winded haha.
    gl hf dd ka.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,905
    voodazz wrote: »
    Reticently wrote: »

I agree. Up until the faceless men saga, I just assumed it was some kind of illusion magic like Melisandra uses and that was good enough for me, but they had to go and be super literal about the face stealing.

Hell, I could even accept that the face warehouse was a hub where faceless men could "download" new faces when needed while in the field........MAGIC.

I remember something where I heard they just used potions to look like different people or something, so I just assumed that's what it was.
    J-ride wrote: »
    I definitely agree about explaining magic. That is exactly what ruined Sword of Truth (well that and it becoming Atlas Shrugged the magic version) watching characters explain every few books how magic works and it being completely different each time was really stupid. Especially when the main character constantly pulled new magic abilities out of his ass every time the plot needed him to do so. But then the next book he would get owned by some low level magic trick because he never learned how his powers worked lol.

Sword of Truth ruined Sword of Truth.

Or, Hurry Evilcruel did. I mean Terry Goodkind.
  • EvilSamuraiEvilSamurai Joined: Posts: 2,668
    thurst wrote: »
    Frágment wrote: »
    Every house must have dozens of family members, of course, it's not like big houses are composed of only 8 individuals or so, and of course they could pull another important Lannister lord from the sleeve at this point, claiming for a right of something, but as the show's heading to an end it seems house Lannister is basically dead and buried.

I would have expected Cersei to wait for Jamie and crown him a king but we all know everyone hates that bitch, that's just a symbol for the extreme decadence of house Lannister now, they're freaking doomed. There's a chance Tyrion ends as the lord of King's Landing (he's a war hero, after all) but it's safe to assume Lannisters are never going to regain any glory, if the house survives at all.

House Stark was composed of 8 members in the beginning (yes, I'm counting Jon) and so far only Ned, Cat, Robb and Rickon are dead, the rest are just scattered, which means the house is going to make it to the end either through Jon, Sansa, Arya or Bran.

Houses only survive through male heirs, hence House Tyrell is effectively dead. Same goes for House Lannister, although as Queen Cersei could relieve Jaime of his kingsguard duties and let him return to Casterly Rock and sire heirs (unlikely) or Ser Kevan could have some more kids (equally unlikely). In the books there are the Lannisters of Lannisport, but they're a cadet house and not the same as the main branch.

House Stark is only alive because as King of the North, we can assume Jon's children would be considered Starks. Bran's a cripple, so I can't really see his dick working well enough to sire children.

House Bolton died with Ramsay. House Martell is arguably dead as well since the Sand Snakes are bastards, although things seem to work differently in Dorne.
    You are forgetting about:
    THE NIGHT KING! Bran the Builder and the 13th Lord Commander are probably one and the same! House Stark is House Other just like Simeon Star-Eyes...

• AlphaZeroAlphaZero Zzzz Joined: Posts: 994
    I wonder if Cersei is crazy enough to like, blow up the Wall with wildfire to let the White Walkers thru in a misguided attempt to wipe out here enemies in the North...
    GT: AlphaZero
    www.KI.Infil.net <-Best guide to learning KI
  • GravityGravity Joined: Posts: 2,428
    I would think Cersei would more concerned about dealing with Dorne and High Garden.

Not to mention, they'll soon be backed up by Dragons, unsullied, and the Dothraki Horde.

Does anyone know what the weather is like in the middle, to southern parts of westeros during the winter?

I know winters in the north are brutal, but I can't remember any speceific examples given for Kings landing, High Garden, the Riverlands or Dorne.
    I don't know if this was brought up, but i do think the finale and season 6 in general has strongly hinted that Tyrion is also half Targaryen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file