The Game of Thrones OFFICIAL thread

19293959798122

Comments

  • FrágmentFrágment Joined: Posts: 536
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    i do think the finale and season 6 in general has strongly hinted that Tyrion is also half Targaryen.
    What are you smoking, dude? XD
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,233
    AlphaZero wrote: »
    I wonder if Cersei is crazy enough to like, blow up the Wall with wildfire to let the White Walkers thru in a misguided attempt to wipe out here enemies in the North...

    Cersei, in general, is short sighted and she never looks more than one step ahead. So, I could see her doing something that dumb. Tywin, Tyrion, The Queen of Thorns, Littlefinger, and even Margaery looked several steps ahead. While that doesn't always guarantee survival, it is GoT afterall, it at least gives you a fighting chance. Cersei continually finds herself in terrible situations because she never thinks things through.
  • King9999King9999 Joined: Posts: 10,926 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can we talk about what Cersei was wearing for a moment?

    dress.jpg

    Darth Cersei, anyone?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-2722-8799-3295
    PSN/Steam ID/NNID: mmking9999
    Tile Crusher now available on Android & Itch.io!
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." -Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,713 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    crucades wrote: »
    Jamie is honourable? Your crazy. Dude fucks his sister while tossing kids outta windows.

    just cause a dude fucks his sister doesnt mean he doesnt have honor. its like you havent watched the series and seen how the role as a knight and leader has meant to him and how he treats other knights. wtf show have you been watching? how am i the crazy fuck when your dumb ass is blind as fuck.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • drunkards_walkdrunkards_walk Joined: Posts: 3,443
    AlphaZero wrote: »
    I wonder if Cersei is crazy enough to like, blow up the Wall with wildfire to let the White Walkers thru in a misguided attempt to wipe out here enemies in the North...

    The logistics alone make that scenario nearly impossible. With King's Landing the wildfire was already there, so it wasn't too hard to blow the city up. If she was to blow up the wall she would need to somehow sneak millions of gallons of wildfire from King's Landing all the way to the Wall. Not likely at all imo..
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,910
    Gravity wrote: »
    I would think Cersei would more concerned about dealing with Dorne and High Garden.

    Not to mention, they'll soon be backed up by Dragons, unsullied, and the Dothraki Horde.

    Does anyone know what the weather is like in the middle, to southern parts of westeros during the winter?

    I know winters in the north are brutal, but I can't remember any speceific examples given for Kings landing, High Garden, the Riverlands or Dorne.

    I always figured that, considering how it seems to be and all that, that winter in Dorne really isn't all that bad at all. I doubt they get snow or anything like that. I'm more curious on how it is in Essos. Or well, that weird continent south of Essos that barely gets mentioned that Missandei's from.
  • FrágmentFrágment Joined: Posts: 536
    Jaime is in road to rehab, he was hurt because of what Edmure told him and reconsidering his life. Last scene with Walder Frey it was clear he was uncomfortable and realized he was surrounded by scumbags... I'd say he's gonna flip over after seeing what Cersei's done, probably that's the end of his relationship with her.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Frágment wrote: »
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    i do think the finale and season 6 in general has strongly hinted that Tyrion is also half Targaryen.
    What are you smoking, dude? XD

    There are several reasons, including some of the shit in the Fire and Ice book that kinda makes it seem so.

    - He has two different colored eyes, which most hybrid characters in various fantasy medias have.
    - One thing in the books was that there was attraction and interaction between Aerys Targaryen and Joanna Lannister (Tyrions mom). There was also some stuff that talked about animosity between Aerys and Tywin Lannister and maybe because Aerys was doing shit with her behind his back.
    - Joanna died after giving birth to Tyrion just like how Lyanna and Dany's mom died when they gave birth
    - If you recall the earlier episodes of this season, Tyrion talked about how he dreamt about dragons and riding dragons when he was a child.
    - He also just got accepted by these dragons when he went in the dungeon.
    - He didn't get affected by the greyscale and it was stated by Dany that she believes her family was immune to that
    - If you read the book, Targaryens are known to have silver hair and in the book he is described to have silverish hair.
    - Another thing to note is that we, in this thread, have theorized during season 3 or 4 that Tyrion, Dany, and Snow are the 3 dragon riders based on how they are so highlighted in the books.


    I'm not ruling this out and I am open to being wrong, but it just seems like it to me based on this season and the previous books. I have the strongest prediction that the 3 of them are related. Snow = Stark/Dragon, Tyrion = Lannister/Dragon.
  • AlphaZeroAlphaZero Zzzz Joined: Posts: 994

    The logistics alone make that scenario nearly impossible. With King's Landing the wildfire was already there, so it wasn't too hard to blow the city up. If she was to blow up the wall she would need to somehow sneak millions of gallons of wildfire from King's Landing all the way to the Wall. Not likely at all imo..

    Euron Greyjoy. People been pretty sneaky getting around with ships lately, haven't they?
    GT: AlphaZero
    www.KI.Infil.net <-Best guide to learning KI
  • a15kkoa15kko Joined: Posts: 5,879
    Cersei looks sexy in black
  • AlphaZeroAlphaZero Zzzz Joined: Posts: 994
    edited June 2016
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    I don't know if this was brought up, but i do think the finale and season 6 in general has strongly hinted that Tyrion is also half Targaryen.

    Seems really unlikely.

    Even if Tyrion was some play by Tywin to secure a line of succession, he would have no reason to keep Tyrion alive once Cersei's first child was born, even less so when Joffrey was.

    Given Robert's extreme hatred of the Targaryens, with even Lyanna asking Ned to hide the identity of Jon Snow's true father due to Robert likely killing the child because the father is an unnamed Targaryen, it's implied that Cersei and Jaime were present for Tyrion's birth and their mother's death, so it seems really implausible that he could switch the baby out for a Targaryen.
    If the secret EVER got out, Robert would immediately kill the child and probably turn against House Lannister for the potential betrayal.
    Tywin was all about keeping the family name alive, so it seems like a risk not even worth taking if he could lock everything up with Robert and Cersei's marriage, once that deal was made, he had no qualms about eliminating the surviving Targaryens, no reason to allow any of them to live
    GT: AlphaZero
    www.KI.Infil.net <-Best guide to learning KI
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    AlphaZero wrote: »
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    I don't know if this was brought up, but i do think the finale and season 6 in general has strongly hinted that Tyrion is also half Targaryen.

    Seems really unlikely.

    Even if Tyrion was some play by Tywin to secure a line of succession, he would have no reason to keep Tyrion alive once Cersei's first child was born, even less so when Joffrey was.

    Given Robert's extreme hatred of the Targaryens, with even Lyanna asking Ned to hide the identity of Jon Snow's true father due to Robert likely killing the child because the father is an unnamed Targaryen, it's implied that Cersei and Jaime were present for Tyrion's birth and their mother's death, so it seems really implausible that he could switch the baby out for a Targaryen.
    If the secret EVER got out, Robert would immediately kill the child and probably turn against House Lannister for the potential betrayal.
    Tywin was all about keeping the family name alive, so it seems like a risk not even worth taking if he could lock everything up with Robert and Cersei's marriage, once that deal was made, he had no qualms about eliminating the surviving Targaryens, no reason to allow any of them to live

    Unless he wasn't sure about it. Tywin did say to him: Men's laws give you the right to bear my name and display my colors, since I cannot prove that you are not mine.

    I'll leave this here because I am not ruling this out.
  • GreyFoxxGreyFoxx R.I.P Brother. Joined: Posts: 4,508
    King9999 wrote: »
    Can we talk about what Cersei was wearing for a moment?

    dress.jpg

    Darth Cersei, anyone?

    Why do i keep thinking that her neck is longer in that shot? I need a giraffe Photoshop on this stat!!!
  • Darc RequiemDarc Requiem The Light Emitting Darkness Joined: Posts: 9,233
    GreyFoxx wrote: »
    King9999 wrote: »
    Can we talk about what Cersei was wearing for a moment?

    dress.jpg

    Darth Cersei, anyone?

    Why do i keep thinking that her neck is longer in that shot? I need a giraffe Photoshop on this stat!!!

    It's the shadow on her chest. It creates a bit of an optical illusion.
  • crucadescrucades Its a Kinda Bullshit Joined: Posts: 11,590
    maxx wrote: »
    moonspeak
    honourable
    ˈɒn(ə)rəb(ə)l/
    adjective
    1.
    bringing or deserving honour.
    "this is the only honourable course"
    synonyms: morally correct, honest, moral, ethical, principled, righteous, right-minded, full of integrity

    cf1cfa96fa289ff9e828ac65b19605454380b42b.gif?w=345&h=&fit=max&auto=format&q=70
    "I was fighting from the day I was born!"

    -Michael 'The Count' Bisping, Greatest MW Champion of all time
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,665 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    edited June 2016
    Exodus. wrote: »
    I've seen bowls of spaghetti easier to sort out than that fucking chart.

    The only lines that matter are the two black ones attached to Kit.

    EDIT:

    It is worth noting that Tyrion is not on that chart.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

    eSports is fucking retarded.
  • maxxmaxx DIO THE DESTROYER Joined: Posts: 36,713 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    crucades wrote: »
    maxx wrote: »
    moonspeak
    honourable
    ˈɒn(ə)rəb(ə)l/
    adjective
    1.
    bringing or deserving honour.
    "this is the only honourable course"
    synonyms: morally correct, honest, moral, ethical, principled, righteous, right-minded, full of integrity

    cf1cfa96fa289ff9e828ac65b19605454380b42b.gif?w=345&h=&fit=max&auto=format&q=70

    You fuckin know this shows gonna retcon that fuckery at the rate its goin. Time traveling cripples n shit.
    FREE Stuart "StuMiz" Hayden

    kobrakawaii.com/
    art blog:
    http://mondaynitecoloring.tumblr.com/
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,665 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    Will Lady Stoneheart ever show up?

    Barric is still alive.

    So no.

    Even in the books, she had been dead too long, according to Thoros.

    The story is at a few years of decay past that, now.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

    eSports is fucking retarded.
  • AzureAzure E-Sports is fucking retarded. Joined: Posts: 9,665 ✭✭✭ Former OG
    voodazz wrote: »
    Is anyone going to question where Arya got the face? Unless she stuffed a bunch of faces in her shirt before she left the faceless men, like a fat chick stuffs Red Lobster chedder biscuits in her purse, then that means she killed an innocent woman and cut her face off.

    If that theory about the wolves housing part of the Stark kids' souls is true, then what would Arya lose if Nymeria is killed? She's already a full blooded sociopath.

    That plot point is in the books.

    And just one of myriad that the show has completely and utterly fucked up.

    Also, in the books she is not a psychopath, much less a complete one, gone fullblown Titus Andronicus.
    "Orgasm is a simile for the emotional epiphany a woman has when the shame of penetration is eclipsed by the inherent virtue of servicing a man." ~ Kromo.

    eSports is fucking retarded.
  • mowrmowr VROOM! Joined: Posts: 6,852
    Just one thing that's troubling me.
    Lyanna's body is brought back north with clear signs of child birth (it's what killed her, that shit is gonna leave a mark), Ned lugging a baby along he claims is his bastard. How in the goddamn fuck did nobody put 2 and 2 together?
    Unironically my jam youtube.com/watch?v=nZbQctu85BY

    PSN: DHEvil CFN: DHEvil
    SFV: Abigail
    Region: United Kingdom
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Ned was in charge.. she was probably put in the crypt straight away.
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Azure wrote: »
    Zatalcon wrote: »
    Will Lady Stoneheart ever show up?

    Barric is still alive.

    So no.

    Even in the books, she had been dead too long, according to Thoros.

    The story is at a few years of decay past that, now.

    It's a bummer but I like how they moved her role to Arya.
  • SF09ersSF09ers #1 Daigo Fan Joined: Posts: 842
    RockBogart wrote: »
    Well HBO prevented any wiggle room that some random Redditor might come up with for Jon's father



    ?format=1000w

    Wait so Ned didn't fuck his sister?
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    The Dorne story line is going to totally fuck up Dany's story. Tyrion is going to get to Sunspear and find out that Ellara (I think, I don't remember her name. Oberyn's concubine) FUCKIN KILLED TYRION'S NIECE! Oh and Olenna is there who nearly had Tyrion falsely killed for regicide (not necessarily by intent but I don't think she minded as long as Joff was dead and the Tyrell's weren't seen as guilty). I'm sure he's going to be super jazzed about having those two fucks on his side, see: Davos and the red woman.

    A list of directors for next season were released: Miguel Sapochnik, of episodes 9 and 10 of this season is nowhere to be found :/.

    The place I want to see next season above all others is fuckin Greywater Watch. We know that Bran can legitimize Jon as a Starkgaryen but so too can Howland Reed (the crannogman ninja who stabbed Dayne in the back at ToJ).
    gl hf dd ka.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,186
    Does Tyrion even know that Olenna killed Joffrey?

    But yeah, I can't picture the Sand Snakes having much of a significant role in any camp the way all of Dorne has been bungled. Shame, because the actresses sure are cute.
  • LivewireXLivewireX Joined: Posts: 5,910
    Reticently wrote: »
    Does Tyrion even know that Olenna killed Joffrey?

    But yeah, I can't picture the Sand Snakes having much of a significant role in any camp the way all of Dorne has been bungled. Shame, because the actresses sure are cute.

    True, but I always feel the need to apologize to book readers/GOT fans for the fluctuating accents they do, lol.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,186
    edited June 2016
    RockBogart wrote: »
    Reticently wrote: »
    Does Tyrion even know that Olenna killed Joffrey?

    I dont think he would care

    Sorry, that was a little ambiguous of me. I don't mean that Tyrion would care about Joffrey being dead. But Exodus was saying that Tyrion may well care about being in a position to be accused of the murder, given that it almost got him executed and definitely blew up his life. Which was why I was asking if Tyrion even knows. I can't remember if he does.
  • J-rideJ-ride OG Member Joined: Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    LivewireX wrote: »
    Reticently wrote: »
    Does Tyrion even know that Olenna killed Joffrey?

    But yeah, I can't picture the Sand Snakes having much of a significant role in any camp the way all of Dorne has been bungled. Shame, because the actresses sure are cute.

    True, but I always feel the need to apologize to book readers/GOT fans for the fluctuating accents they do, lol.

    They are not sure if they want to be Middle Eastern, Eastern European or Russian!
    Woman was created for our destruction, and it is from her we inherit all of our miseries.

    Aramis from The Three Musketeers
  • voodazzvoodazz WORST. RACIST. EVER. Joined: Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2016
    Exodus. wrote: »
    The Dorne story line is going to totally fuck up Dany's story. Tyrion is going to get to Sunspear and find out that Ellara (I think, I don't remember her name. Oberyn's concubine) FUCKIN KILLED TYRION'S NIECE! Oh and Olenna is there who nearly had Tyrion falsely killed for regicide (not necessarily by intent but I don't think she minded as long as Joff was dead and the Tyrell's weren't seen as guilty). I'm sure he's going to be super jazzed about having those two fucks on his side, see: Davos and the red woman.

    A list of directors for next season were released: Miguel Sapochnik, of episodes 9 and 10 of this season is nowhere to be found :/.

    The place I want to see next season above all others is fuckin Greywater Watch. We know that Bran can legitimize Jon as a Starkgaryen but so too can Howland Reed (the crannogman ninja who stabbed Dayne in the back at ToJ).

    Everyone eventually gets their comeuppance in GOT. I'm sure Tyrion will find out about his niece and the sand cuntz and eventually get some payback. Pretty sure no one will miss those four.
    With Olenna, I can see him being pissed at first, but then ends up being grateful to her because without her, he would have never had ended up the hand of the queen and finally receive the respect he always wanted, thus growing the fuck up and becoming a better person (We haven't seen him whore around for quite awhile now).

    I'm more interested to see how Jamie reacts to seeing Tyrion again, especially since he said he would split him in two for killing their father. Inadvertently getting his daughter killed probably doesn't help either.

    www.voodazz.com
    "It's okay to lie to women. They're not people like us."
    -Peter Griffin
  • ZatalconZatalcon Most hated man on SRK Joined: Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited June 2016
    *double post
  • LilBarlogLilBarlog Joined: Posts: 97
    I think Euron is gonna make a bold move for Danny. Dragons aside now would be a good time to attack because the Dothraki are totally out of their element on the water.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 4,186
    Interesting thing to wonder, will Cersei even know that Dany's invasion force is on its way?

    Qyburn definitely has his uses but he no Varys in the spying department.
  • ruthless_nashruthless_nash Joined: Posts: 2,213
    How did varys telport to dorne and back to mehreen so quickly? Lol. Same with Arya from Bravos to Frey town? Wtf is going on?

    Anyways as there are about 13 to 14 episodes left. Would yall prefer one long season of 14 episodes delayed with a june start say or... 2 seasons of 7 eps each?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file