Atlantic South Arcade/Game Center Locations (NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, TN, PR)

Comments

• CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 2,071
    Game Knights in DeBary florida has moved to Orange City. As of Jan 13 2010 (that is not a mistake, they haven't reopened yet).
    New adress and phone number
    384 S Industrial Dr. Orange City, Fl
    (386) 218-5951

We now have a SF:IV, BB, T6, and Smash scene on the rise in addition to our top shelf FPS scene.
  • X_Factor86X_Factor86 Wants KOF XIII NAO Joined: Posts: 74
    Rocky's replay in Orlando has reopened. No new fighting games yet, but possibility in future.

New location:
    5445 Lake Howell Rd
    Winter Park, FL 32792
    407-260-0043

http://www.rockysreplayarcade.com/
    Welcome to Orlando, where Capcom fighting games are the only ones played.

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheXfact0r86
  • BkidBkid Joined: Posts: 20
    The Tilt location in Augusta, GA no longer exists, but there is another place. Adventure Crossing is an arcade/fun park that has a SFIII: 3rd Strike and a MvC2 machine. The sticks on 3rd Strike are kinda iffy, but the marvel ones are pretty OK.
  • yflowyflow Shoto Scrub #339482 Joined: Posts: 445
    Is this thread still updated? Gamers in Carrollton, Georgia has been no more for a while now. The same goes for Maxx Fun in Union City.
  • The_BeastThe_Beast I wanna take u home! Joined: Posts: 297
    I'm gonna be in Atlanta Thursday night, & then Delray/Miami on Friday night. Is the list @ the beginning of this thread still good?

I'm a mid-tier player skill wise & would like to play a bit in those cities if I get the chance to. MvC2 is my game of choice, I'm an arcade only purist as well.
    diifii:
    btw is it possible to get a video of you giving head to somebody iwst99?

Frozen Wings:
    Dude. You know iwst99 is a dude who likes dudes, right dude? Just making sure you know what you're asking for.
  • mistamakavelimistamakaveli Joined: Posts: 8
    hi,

Im wondering if there are any places i can play sf2 hyper or any version of 2 series, around south carolina. I have checked westgate mall in spartanburg it doesnt have anything. Im new here just visiting and would like to check out sum arcades while im in the area.
    Thanks

Muk
    Rocky's replay in Orlando has reopened. No new fighting games yet, but possibility in future.

New location:
    5445 Lake Howell Rd
    Winter Park, FL 32792
    407-260-0043

http://www.rockysreplayarcade.com/

This thread seems like a barren wasteland, but giving a new list of games since they did add one.

MvC2
    Tekken 5 DR
    KOF XI
    Ultracade that has multiple versions of SFII
    NEW Ultimate Mortal Kombat III

• Worm IIIWorm III Lunch Time! Joined: Posts: 379
    Its a wasteland because there is NOTHING in the South East. If you update this the arcades you posted for Rock Hill and Pineville and all the Frog Cafes in the surrounding area have closed.

If anybody has any good updates for Charlotte please post, I'm always searching but some places can litterly be off the map.
    MvC3: magneto/dormammu/akuma or ammy
    AE: Sagat/Yun/Bison/Ken
    3sO: Q
  • redgatoraderedgatorade Joined: Posts: 53
    Is there any SF4 in GA?
    Tekken 7: Gigas, Claudio
  • TNBTNB Bye. Joined: Posts: 1,180
    It appears that gamefrog has gone outta business, Their sites don't exist anymore... T T
    Skills and attitude prove worth as a player, not the internet.
  • DogysamichDogysamich Designated Hype Man Joined: Posts: 296

Georgia:

Macon
    Macon Time-Out
    3661 Eisenhower Parkway
    Macon, GA 31212
    Tel: 478-405-5924
    Last Update: 11/26/08 - has SC3 (for sale)
    Macon Time-Out is KO'D!
    Follow me for random updates 'bout pretty much everything! https://twitter.com/Dogysamich
  • crs7298crs7298 Joined: Posts: 533
    Hey Kyah, Josh and I checked out some arcades while we were in Myrtle Beach last week and he wanted me to update the info on this thread.

The arcade at Family Kingdom Amusement park has the original Street Fighter II cabinet. It is in pretty good condition too.

300 South Ocean Blvd. | Myrtle Beach, SC

Ripley's Super Fun Zone Arcade has Mortal Kombat (not sure which one)

910 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC
    843-448-2331

This arcade is no longer there. We went to this address and there was nothing but an empty building.

North Myrtle Beach Tilt
    4924 Highway 17 South
    North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582

Hope this helps!

Crystal
  • KaziKazi Always Godlike Graphic Designer Joined: Posts: 149
    on vacation in florida around port richey, then hudson. Anyone kno good game stores, wanna buy something.
  • endlesssendlesss Sobat Carnival Joined: Posts: 244
    So it looks like the UCF arcade in Orlando is also kaput. Any idea if the Rocky's Replay still has their Ultracade with SFII:ST or AE?
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 2,071
    The Game Knights in Florida is closed.
  • Aftermath1349Aftermath1349 God's Drippy Crevice Joined: Posts: 211
    I called Mountasia #37 in Marietta, Ga today and they still have Third Strike. I'll be heading up there this weekend to see how the sticks/buttons are. I'm actually thinking about asking them to sell it to me... Wish me luck.
    3S: Oro, Q, Dudley
    Skullgirls: Peacock/Double
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    The Aladdin's Castle in Montgomery, AL seemed closed when I went there a few days ago. I'm new to the town so can anyone confirm this?
  • Combo Sugah ShaneCombo Sugah Shane Joined: Posts: 1
    I live in Hartwell, GA zip: 30643, I play super street fighter 4 and melee and I wanna know where people play at in anderson, sc and places in athens as well. 706-376-8010
  • TeeBeeTeeBee Its me! Nati!!! Joined: Posts: 100
    *peeks in*

Meh...

*exits*
  • DurangoDurango Mercenary Joined: Posts: 117
    A new place in Augusta, GA opened up. It's called Level Up. Plenty of TV's to go around.

Level Up Augusta
    This thread seems like a barren wasteland, but giving a new list of games since they did add one.

MvC2
    Tekken 5 DR
    KOF XI
    Ultracade that has multiple versions of SFII
    NEW Ultimate Mortal Kombat III

Added Soul Calibur II to Rocky's Replay.

Rocky's Replay Arcade - Where all the fun starts at Rocky's Replay!

• cyber_akuma2002cyber_akuma2002 Isaac Greene Joined: Posts: 148
    I live in Hartwell, GA zip: 30643, I play super street fighter 4 and melee and I wanna know where people play at in anderson, sc and places in athens as well. 706-376-8010

There's a GA thread in the atlantic section.

There are three of us in Athens that get together and play but most of the time we just go to Atlanta and play with them. Pm me or Iggywhite if you're interested in playing.

There are no arcades in Athens anymore, they all shut down sadly.
    Quoted from the_enigma

seriously, quit dressing like a metrosexual D-Bag and learn to play the game. I didnt know they had a ssf4 machine in American Eagle.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    eventhubs has a SF4 arcade tracker, it lists this for florida.
    Final Round Arcade at Mall of the Americas
    7795 W Flagler Street
    Miami, Florida 33144
    $1 every 15 minutes for non regular members every day and for regular and SRK members $3 all day Sun-Thursday and $5 all day Friday and Saturday. Valid only for SF4 and Tekken 6. Two different machines, one with Japanese parts and one with American.
    Here is the link for other states.
    Street Fighter 4 Arcade Machine Location Tracker : EventHubs.com
  • JusticeDudeJusticeDude Fights for Justice. Joined: Posts: 81
    In Boone, NC there's a place called Fun and Wheels. It's got a Capcom vs. SNK machine, labeled as a 50 cent game but usually takes 75 because everything there is kinda borked. Last time I checked the buttons were screwy:
    LP FK
    FP LK
    Took me a while to figure out what was wrong.
  • Tiffany M.Tiffany M. DBL DWN ON 11's Joined: Posts: 59
    Hey guys wsup! I just wanted to let everybody know about this big Tournament in Bloomington, Minnesota. Aug. 14th This is my girl's 1st time on camera! so be nice!

We want to get as many ppl to come out and support our event!
    If you dont/cant travel plz spread the word to those who do...Thx.
  • TonyTone04TonyTone04 Joined: Posts: 72

Game Galaxy (replaced the old Tilt and Time Out)
    Hickory Hollow Mall
    5252 Hickory Hollow Pkwy
    Antioch, TN 37013
    Last Update: 1/21/09 - has Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion, BlazBlue, 3s, GGAC, Capcom Fighting Jam, KI, KI2, ST, VF4Evolution, Tekken Tag, MKII, UMK3, Mace the Dark Age, Street Fighter The Movie, Street Fighter EX Plus 2, plus console stations for: Soul Calibur 4, SFIV, SFHD Remix, T5DR, MK vs DC, and Tatsunoko vs Capcom

I went to this arcade yesterday....even though it was 2 hours from my house. Still, a pretty beast arcade.
  • Mr. SakurabaMr. Sakuraba Still cant do the 100% Joined: Posts: 140
    Any arcades with Cvs2 or 3s in Ga,Fl or Alabama?

Like the title says. Im looking to get back into fighters but i cant find a place with a decent arcade in my area.
    Anyone in GA, North Florida or East Alabama wanting to play 3s , CvS2 or SSF4 pm me and lets play.
  • masterquestmasterquest Joined: Posts: 2
    Update for Orlando, FL UCF arcade:
    Tekken 5 and Mortal Kombat are no longer available.
  • PorterPorter Upstart Joined: Posts: 1,557
    North Carolina got a new place

Strafe Gaming
    101 South Main Street, Suite 220
    Fuquay-Varina, NC, 27526
    Strafe Gaming Lounge | Facebook
    Stylish!
  • DarksyluxDarksylux Im hungry.... Joined: Posts: 25
    Hey everyone theres an arcade in Columbia SC opening tomorrow called madness gaming Maddness Gaming
  • MitchSchaftMitchSchaft Joined: Posts: 1
    Just registering to say that 'Fun Fair' and 'Tilt' out of Memphis, TN are both closed :(. The only arcade left is Putt-Putt off Summer Ave. Maybe a few machines in some Malco theaters, but that is it for Memphis. So sad :(.
  • KillerXtremeKillerXtreme My Kicks Are Deadly Joined: Posts: 253
    Anything near or around Springhill florida? I'll be going there to spend time with grandparents for thanksgiving, so any excuse to get away from utter boredom is welcome..
    日本のガールフレンドを捜すこと。
  • ZegaZega Joined: Posts: 218
    where the hell is the alabama places x.x?
  • Dark GeistDark Geist I miss arcades Joined: Posts: 97
    Any arcades in Gwinnett County or NE area of GA? I miss my old arcade back in Vegas :(
  • sterlingtemplesterlingtemple Joined: Posts: 117
    Any arcades in Gwinnett County or NE area of GA? I miss my old arcade back in Vegas :(

No arcades to really speak of: Malibu and Big Cinemas(formerly Peachtree Cinema) in Norcross up till 2007 had decent fighting games but now they stay broke and there's not a scene for these places anymore.
  • .death.VIA.avatar..death.VIA.avatar. Joined: Posts: 35
    About Pocket Change in Panama City Mall, FL

Pocket Change in the Panama City Mall (Florida) no longer has any fighting games all. So it can be crossed off the list. :( But I'm going to check the other arcades in Panama City/Panama City Beach for any fighters out there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for either Super Speed or Cobra to carry a game.
  • Scheater5Scheater5 Joined: Posts: 141
    Wondering if anyone knew of SSFIV:AE in the Myrtle Beach/Charleston/Columbia area?
  • AwardTourAwardTour Deadpool lead the way. Joined: Posts: 388
    Wondering if anyone knew of SSFIV:AE in the Myrtle Beach/Charleston/Columbia area?

nope only Tn has AE in the south.
    Woo Woo Woo You Know It, Bro.
  • JusticeDudeJusticeDude Fights for Justice. Joined: Posts: 81
    There's a place in Asheville, I think just called Asheville Arcade. They've been slow to get up and running and only have vanilla SFII and MKII cabinets last time I checked, and the sticks on SFII were no where near working condition. I don't play MK and couldn't tell you how good it is. I'm worried they won't stay open too long if they don't get their machines working soon, and not just the ones I mentioned. Many games are in various states of disrepair and have been for weeks, despite them assuring me that everything would be in perfect working order soon.
  • mr zigzoggmr zigzogg Joined: Posts: 4
    what are some of the larger arcades in the TN/GA and surrounding states...i know theres a list at the front page...but im not sure how updated it is. i know game galaxy in TN is pretty impressive.