Atlantic South Arcade/Game Center Locations (NC, SC, GA, FL, AL, MS, TN, PR)

Comments

• Darkside 937Darkside 937 a.k.a. Skeletal Minion Joined: Posts: 292
    I have an unfortunate update for Alabama, since it seems no one ever posted it...
    Alabama:

Birmingham
    Time Out
    Located in The Riverchase Galleria
    3000 Riverchase Galleria
    Birmingham, AL 35244
    (205) 985-3073
    Has: Tekken 5:DR, Guilty Gear XX (sticks and buttons are sensitive, but everything works)

The Time Out at this location shut down last year (only a few months after getting the GGXX machine :sad:). There are currently NO arcades in the Birmingham area.
    XBL: Skeletal Minion ~ Blazblue: Hakumen
    Want to play/learn Blazblue? Send a message and add me!
  • DoodahDoodah chokes Joined: Posts: 234
    nevermind i was wrong
    NegroNinja wrote: »
    Yeah you're right, there shoulda been like a server wipe and everyone respawns in the America map when the Obama patch was implemented.
    Rep is for http://dontevenreply.com
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Don't forget WaBa GaMe in Duluth GA!!!
  • BobSmackBobSmack BV CTO / FR Administrator Joined: Posts: 2,519 mod
    First post updated. Again, please use this thread only for updates - if you're trying to meet up with people, go to their respective thread in the main area.
  • VercetteVercette Underground mvc2 RR Joined: Posts: 754
    Please remove Rockys Replay as it closed this past sunday.

They are relocating however a location has not been disclosed.
    V for Vercette
    Man, that sucks. I'll remove it for now, somebody let me know when it reopens.
  • DogysamichDogysamich Designated Hype Man Joined: Posts: 296
    Macon
    Macon Time-Out
    3661 Eisenhower Parkway
    Macon, GA 31212
    Tel: 478-405-5924
    Last Update: 11/26/08 - has SC3 (for sale)

This place is currently dead too. Just checked it out today.
    Follow me for random updates 'bout pretty much everything! https://twitter.com/Dogysamich
  • Da UnknownDa Unknown Lvl. Zero Joined: Posts: 198
    I don't know if this has been posted up yet, but all fighting games at Frankie's in Columbia are now non-existant.

Lame....

Marcus
    Laugh At The Violence....

A one sided beating in video games is not considered rape. It's a consensual ass whoopin'
  • RemzRRRemzRR Joined: Posts: 268
    Visiting Atlanta, GA on Thurs-Mon
    Wanted to know whut Arcades are still open around the area and what games.
    Please don't refer me to the 1st thread...just let me know. Dont have time to look thru 14 pages to see if the arcade is closed or not
    Why Didnt I get into GG earlier....
  • RemzRRRemzRR Joined: Posts: 268
    I like to be argumentative
    *sigh*

Look at the first post.

words
    Why Didnt I get into GG earlier....
  • nevershootmenevershootme mmmm Toasty.... Joined: Posts: 113
    Nexus in Boynton Beach,fl has recently closed down
    This location went out:
    Fun-O-Rama
    Mall of the Americas
    7795 W Flagler St
    Miami, FL 33144
    Tel: (305) 266-8867
    Last Update: 7/18/06 - has SF2 CE, MVC2, A3, A2, CvS1, TTT, T4, Powerstone 2, MK1, MK2, UMK3, NeoGeo w/ KOF 98

And....

New location in Miami, FL!
    It's in the same place where the old arcade was. Nice and welcoming management and all.

Final Round Arcade
    Mall of the Americas
    7795 W Flagler St
    Miami, FL 33144
    Fighting games: SF4 arcade setup, SF2Turbo, UMK3, and a lot of others I can't remember.

I personally don't play these but I'm here to advertise for this new arcade that just opened up. People already know of this place on another thread I think, but it hasn't been changed on the first page of this thread XD
  • TheJokerCPCTheJokerCPC 8*A*8*A Joined: Posts: 1,178
    I'm going to Middle Tennessee State University for school this Fall. Does anybody know if they have SFIV anywhere near Nashville or Murfreesboro? Or is my best shot online only?
    Put on my O.J. gloves and watch me kill this shit.

SSF4: AE - Guile
    3s: Ryu SAIII
  • ImPerfectCellImPerfectCell Duc Low Joined: Posts: 238
    I'm in fort Gordon, ga near Augusta. Is the tilt arcade still open? If not what is the closest one that's still open. I play mvc2 and sf4
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
    -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Refly X 2
  • VercetteVercette Underground mvc2 RR Joined: Posts: 754
    BoardWalk Bowling
    10749 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32817
    (407) 384-0003
    Games : MvC2 (I'll make a list next week when they have it up and running)
    V for Vercette
  • DreamTRDreamTR Console is the suck Joined: Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    BobSmack, can you change the Miami information to:

Final Round Arcade (same address, omit the phone number) and their games are: Plasma dual SF4 console setups with Sanwa/Happ 360 sticks, Arcade versions of Alpha 2, Alpha 3, CVS, 3s, ST, MVC2, KI, MK2, UMK3, CVS2, Tekken 6

and:

Game Galaxy (replaced the old Tilt and Time Out)
    Hickory Hollow Mall
    5252 Hickory Hollow Pkwy
    Antioch, TN 37013
    Last Update: 7/15/09 - has: Street Fighter 4 VEWLIX 2 player arcade machine with console characters, Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion, BlazBlue, 3s, CVS2, GGAC, KI, KI2, ST, VF4Evolution, Tekken Tag, MKII, UMK3, MK4, Street Fighter The Movie, Street Fighter EX Plus 2, Akatsuki Blitzkompf, KOF 97, 98, 2003, NeoWave, Garou Mark of the Wolves, Console stations for PS3 SF4, HDRemix, MKvsDC, and KOFXII
    Arcade for Life!
    http://www.gamegalaxyarcade.com
    Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat player since the beginning. No team, no affiliation.
  • ChinNutsChinNuts May the Whooo be with you Joined: Posts: 88
    New gaming center in savannah. Haven't been there yet, but i hear good things about it.

Kaos Theory
    Oglethorpe Mall
    Savannah, GA

http://www.kaos.pro
    Drums!
    OK, last update was two years ago, so -

North Carolina > Fayetteville > Fun Fun Fun
    3rd Strike, Marvel vs Cap 2, Alpha 3, CvS2 all one token

North Carolina > Fayetteville > Docks at the Capitol
    3rd Strike [50 cents?] (shotty cabinet, poor sticks but they occasionally throw a tourney)
  • Wolfman89Wolfman89 Joined: Posts: 9
    I live in south Florida I was wondering what are some places where I can go get a couple of game in. I play Street Fighter 4 and I wanna get better so let me know
    Carrollton
    Gamers
    1327 South Park St.
    Carrollton, GA 30117
    Phone # (770) 838-0020
    Located right next to the Staples off south park street
    Last Update: Added 2/13/08 - has MvSF, MVC2, Tekken Tag, Soul Calibur 2, consoles (MvC2, 3S)

used to be a regular here, they have relocated in villa rica now and only have mvc2 left . :tdown:
  • ImPerfectCellImPerfectCell Duc Low Joined: Posts: 238
    I'm in fort Gordon, ga near Augusta. Is the tilt arcade still open? If not what is the closest one that's still open. I play mvc2 and sf4

Well I found the arcade in Augusta(no thanks to srk.) It's called Adventure Crossing. Google still has it listed as Funsville
    They have 1 MVC2 and Third Strike. Sticks are ok. 3S is broken for now. Decent comp.

Adventure Crossing/Funsville
    4350 Wheeler Rd
    Augusta, ga

btw the tilt in Augusta has been closed for a long time
    "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."
    -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Refly X 2
  • samuraicupsamuraicup Joined: Posts: 114
    Maxx Fun in Union City, GA

Went there this past weekend. On the Third Strike controls, up doesn't work on one stick, and right doesn't work on the other, along with random buttons.

No Tekken 4. Just good, old-fashioned Tekken 1. They do have MK3 Ultimate, though.
    "Some times we all fail to get the ultimate control of organs, and then we have to pay the price."
    - salah mustafa
  • DyceDyce SRK's Meteorologist. Joined: Posts: 202
    Time out in Macon is closed. Good riddance to that place after they sold marvel for the 2nd time.
    Cloud 9.

Quantum X Game Center
    Where Gaming Evolves!

705 SE Main Street
    Simpsonville, SC 29681

www.quantumxgc.com
    I don't know if this has been posted up yet, but all fighting games at Frankie's in Columbia are now non-existant.

Lame....

Marcus

It seems that Frankie's of Charleston is starting to go on the wayside, too, which is quite sad. The only fighting game they have left is T5: DR, and I can't even remember if it's working properly anymore since I haven't been there in a few weeks. They even got rid of Wangan Midnight Run, which made me uber sad. ;.;

And it also seems that Tilt in Charleston Mall is also going on the wayside. I don't know if them trying to sell all of their arcade cabinets is them saying that they are trying to downsize or just disappear completely, but some of them prices were LUDICROUSLY low! ~$680 for a DDRExtreme cabinet? You got my attention. o.O

Plus now Tilt in the Charleston Mall has Marvel Super Heros, SCII (which isn't working anymore), T5: DR, MvC2, and SNKvCapcom. Sad that they don't have anything more, like a GGXX cabinet. =/

Hope that helps a little bit in terms of information. =)
  • ADVIIIADVIII ParryFiend Joined: Posts: 315
    Well I found the arcade in Augusta(no thanks to srk.) It's called Adventure Crossing. Google still has it listed as Funsville
    They have 1 MVC2 and Third Strike. Sticks are ok. 3S is broken for now. Decent comp.

Adventure Crossing/Funsville
    4350 Wheeler Rd
    Augusta, ga

btw the tilt in Augusta has been closed for a long time

I live in the Augusta area. I might have seen you before because i know some military guys that played fighting games. I used to work at tilt in the Augusta mall two years ago. I left in January 2007. The bad thing about was that it was impossible for them to get new and updated games:sad:,but there is a gaming center. Its right behind Augusta Malll and behind planet extreme.

1824 Wylds Rd Suite A3
    Augusta, GA 30909
    Google Maps link: http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl

There is a fighting game tournment coming up October 3rd. Heres the link http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=202938
    Do Something About It?
    SFV: Ryu, Can't Think Of Others At the Moment
    Tekken 7: Asuka, Josie, Paul, and Maybe Others
  • bexbex Battle Hardened Joined: Posts: 46
    Gameworks
    Sawgrass Mills Mall
    Plantation FL
    Tekken 6: BR
    Anything around jackson, mississippi?
    GameFrog no longer has locations anywhere except North Gate mall, they plan on reopening other locations in the future. As far as games not sure if it's been added to the website yet, but Tekken 6 for PS3.
  • cyber_akuma2002cyber_akuma2002 Isaac Greene Joined: Posts: 148
    Hey Kyah, I was at the Time-out in Gainesville GA the other day and the only thing they had left was Tekken DR.
    Quoted from the_enigma

seriously, quit dressing like a metrosexual D-Bag and learn to play the game. I didnt know they had a ssf4 machine in American Eagle.
    there's one place u forgot in miami it's called Gameworks there's one in Sawgrass and in South Miami
  • samuraicupsamuraicup Joined: Posts: 114
    GA - Union City, Maxx Fun has closed down.
    "Some times we all fail to get the ultimate control of organs, and then we have to pay the price."
    - salah mustafa
    Sorry for the lack of updates everyone - I'll be updating this over the week.
  • defectdefect sleeper Joined: Posts: 2
    Gamesboro
    (912)481-6786
    1596 Chandler Road
    Statesboro, Georgia 30458
    Games: A3, MSHvsSF, MVC2, Killer Instinct, and a couple non fighting games.

It's right across from the Ga Southern Campus...if anyone even knows where that is lol
  • SeanxFaytSeanxFayt aka KintoUn Joined: Posts: 560
    Is the one in fayetteville (fun fun arcade) still there? if so i know i kno where i'm goin this weekend :D
    . . .
    Any Fight nights?

Hey i was heading down from Mass to the Florida keys on December 21st- January 12th and was wondering if there is going to be any fight nights or tournaments during these dates. Just wanted to check out your scene down there hit me up if you guys are planing anything!:smile:

also im talking about SF4 matchs!
  • DreamTRDreamTR Console is the suck Joined: Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Another new one opened in TN

Game Galaxy II
    Rivergate Mall
    1000 Rivergate Parkway
    Goodlettsville, TN
    (615) 859-1501

Console setups for SF4/T6, tournaments monthly.
    Arcade Games: Soul Calibur 3, Tekken 6, X-Men vs SF, Street Fighter the Movie, MK3, Virtua Fighter 4 , Marvel VS Capcom 2

Also THIS has closed:
    Memphis
    Fun Fair Arcade
    6475 E Raines Rd
    Memphis, TN 38115
    Tel: (901) 363-3563
    Last Update: 1/28/07 - Has MvC2, T5, T4, 3S and Soul Calibur (arcade version)

THIS has changed:

Fun-O-Rama
    Miami, FL (CLOSED)

Same location = Final Round Games
    Miami, FL (arcade setups for SF4 on 50 inch plasmas) CVS2, 3s, ST, A3, MVC2
    Arcade for Life!
    http://www.gamegalaxyarcade.com
    Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat player since the beginning. No team, no affiliation.
    i dont think the time-out arcade in macon is there anymore. and does anyone know if the savannah arcade is still up?