Transformers Thread

Comments

• WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,862
    I am pretty sure there was a recently released (within two or three years) Transformers game that was said to be pretty damn decent for PS2.

Also a rental only Beast Wars fighting game on N64.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yeah i have the transmetals beast wars game, it also came out for psx (i believe its the same as the n64 one). It is really, REALLY crappy
  • SpiderjerichoSpiderjericho Joined: Posts: 338
    I just watched the first five episodes of the Headmasters Series from Japan. It seems confusing, as it doesn't follow the events of the last G1 mini series.

SPOILERS

The Headmasters aren't humans that merge with Transformers.

Hotrod is always called Rodimus.

Prime dies again.

Where are the transformers that have the transforming guns?
  • SuperkingSuperking dat mooney dolemite Joined: Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Prime dies again.

Yep, and he dies in the gayest fashion too. And gotta love the final battle to the death between Blaster and Soundwave, where they both get killed, only to come as Twincast and Soundblaster aka repaints. lol

And yes folks, Grimlock is still Grimlock even in the Japanese version, and Triptacon is still a retard.

*hugs his Pioneer Headmasters R2 box*
    DS: she's looking hot in that interview, fuck, keep in mind, i don't have yellow fever, i just know a hot girl when i see one, gonna rape her and call her julia chang
    Superking: lol
    DS: julia chang for life
  • Mr MortMr Mort Giganticus breathalizer Joined: Posts: 293 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I just got this bad boy at otakon. Cost a pretty penny, but it's a lot more detailed that the american one, and is made of die-cast metal instead of plastic. Very nice.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who really likes Beast Wars. It was very well written, and the character development is deep.

I don't have many of the toys anymore, but I do have a collection of every Transmetal figure released in the US (not the recolors though), and those are some great toys.
    However, Alternators > all other TF toys. The detail on them is great
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    IIRC there was a TF G1 game for Jpn PS2 only, but i dont know much about it.

Transformers: Tatakai for PS2. It's all G1, and plays a lot like Dynasty Warriors, you pick one transformer from an unlockable selection of 30 or so, and 2 computer controlled teammates. You fight stages of clones in really strange environments, and then take on major characters as boss battles. Also, there are really gay mine sequesnces where you have a very short amount of time to push through a section of a level with floating mines EVERYWHERE, and one hit juggles you into a shitload of others, making that particular lifebar void. In general, it's like many Japanese games, very lackluster. However, because its Transformers, I played the shit out of it. :pleased: There's a toy mde to transform in 3D all the old toys, with cool animations and tech specs. The story is decent for a transformer game, with plausible but noticibly diffent voice actors(Soundwave sounded spot on, as did Wheeljack), which is all in English. In fact, once you turn on the english sub-titles in the soundtrack, the game is much more American-friendly. You level up stats as you play, but can never max out or save maxed characters from different plays, so it annoys the completist in me. Also, playing a transformer means choosing only ONE transformation, so in the case of triple-changers, you have your robot form, and one of your vehicle or beast forms, complete with different attacks and specials.

Obviously, Optimus as your main, with Rodimus Prime and Ultra Magnus as assistants rocks all forms of ass in the Autobots storyline. I use all different characters for the Decepticon half of the game.

Annoyingly, the game is only 1-player. It's still addictive to push farther and see all your favorite transformers in action, how their powers translate to a game and to each other, etc. The boss battle toward the end, where you fight HUGE 3v1 battles on gestalt teams like Predaking(where Optimus is as tall as Predaking's knee ferchrissakes) or base transformers like the T-Rex/city Trypticon are orgasmic.

It's a shitty game, seriously. But its the best Transformers game ever made, for Transformers fans. I recommend it.
  • PhilthPhilth I <3 4 $ Joined: Posts: 689
    I always hear a lot of hate for beast machines but everything about it sounds pretty cool, and ben from bwtf.com seems to like it.

It sucks.

Someone got super fucking high when they wrote this show.
    Its all some hippy commune with nature nonsense.
    How the fuck are robots gonna commune with nature?
    STUPID!
    Make no mistake I twist the limb until it breaks,
    prune you off your family tree,
    i'll snap you in half like a chicken wing inbetween my teeth.
  • Mr MortMr Mort Giganticus breathalizer Joined: Posts: 293 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I always hear a lot of hate for beast machines but everything about it sounds pretty cool, and ben from bwtf.com seems to like it.

The reason IMO most people hate it is because it's supposed to be a direct continuation from Beast Wars, and they took all the characters left over from the original show, and turned them into bitches devoid of any personality. That, and they completely bastardize the continuity of the series while coming up with the dumbest plot conceivable. Oh, and the show is so politically correct it makes you sick.
  • SpiderjerichoSpiderjericho Joined: Posts: 338
    Which series were produced in Japan and not?

Because that Headmasters doesn't seem like it follows the continuity of the American one, as Daniel didn't need to wear his exosuit or transforms, Spike doesn't transform into Fortress Maximus's head and the transformers with the guns that transform into humans weren't in it.

And after the Headmaster's toy line, wasn't there a new Optimus and toy line that had some enhanced engine's or something.
  • tempesttempest walking death Joined: Posts: 298
    Which series were produced in Japan and not?

Because that Headmasters doesn't seem like it follows the continuity of the American one, as Daniel didn't need to wear his exosuit or transforms, Spike doesn't transform into Fortress Maximus's head and the transformers with the guns that transform into humans weren't in it.

And after the Headmaster's toy line, wasn't there a new Optimus and toy line that had some enhanced engine's or something.
    that be power something which most every diehard fan tries to forget.

man does not control his fate but he can fight againest it
  • SMBSMB Crackin' some NUTS! Joined: Posts: 1,725
    Philth wrote:
    It sucks.

Someone got super fucking high when they wrote this show.
    Its all some hippy commune with nature nonsense.
    How the fuck are robots gonna commune with nature?
    STUPID!
    No fucking shit.

They turned Optimus into some fucking buddha hippie freak. Their machine/animal forms were really ugly to look at and the ending of the series was completely retarded. Why they dumped Beast Wars for that shit is so beyone reason.

And the Power thingy you guys are referring too, they were called Power Masters. The ones with the transforming guns was Target Masters. I thought they were a part of the Head Masters series - at least in toy form they were but I never could watch the G1 TF series past the movie. What horrible shit that was.
    You know, if you watch Jaws backwards, its about a shark that throws up so many people... they have to open a beach.

Thanks de BLOO.
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,041
    The Japanese fucked up Transformers by going their own way before the G1 movie. By doing Headmasters and stuff after that their own way, things just got gay. Thank you Japan.

Beast Wars/Machines > *

.....with exception of G1 movie.

The one shining moment in Armada/Energon was when Starscream went face and tried to knock some sense into Megatron that Unicron is evil and that they should unite forces with the Autobots to defeat Unicron.

Starscream did it by sacrificing himself and tried to attack Unicron only to be disintegrated by one single shot from the evil planet.

IMHO, that ranks up there with Dinobot's death in Beast Wars series and Optimus Prime's death in TF:TM.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
    No fucking shit.

They turned Optimus into some fucking buddha hippie freak. Their machine/animal forms were really ugly to look at and the ending of the series was completely retarded. Why they dumped Beast Wars for that shit is so beyone reason.

One of the most fucked up things I can't forgive is how they transformed Rattrap from uber cool demolitions expert and vet to team science guy. Cheator losing his cooler looking and obviously more powerful Transmetal 2 form also sucked.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,574 mod
    Mr Mort wrote:
    I just got this bad boy at otakon. Cost a pretty penny, but it's a lot more detailed that the american one, and is made of die-cast metal instead of plastic. Very nice.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who really likes Beast Wars. It was very well written, and the character development is deep.

I don't have many of the toys anymore, but I do have a collection of every Transmetal figure released in the US (not the recolors though), and those are some great toys.
    However, Alternators > all other TF toys. The detail on them is great

The diecast Binaltechs are really good stuff!
    I own Dead End & Ravage. (planning to get Laserwave/Shockwave too but they're pretty damn expensive.

BTW the japanese TF g1 show even feat. the Pretender line later on. (Skullgrin etc.)
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
  • Judgment DayJudgment Day Disrupting Da Coronation Joined: Posts: 379
    NOBITA KUN wrote:
    Nice :tup: nthat list took some time.....

I dont have the names of episodes since my intire boxset is at my friends house in N.C....

I like "Starscreams Brigade" and "Call of the Primitives" had the best animation from all transformers episodes....except for Tranformers VICTORY that series had some very detailed hardcore japanese animation in it atleast 50% of the time....the animators showed and proved on that series

Yes. Animation on Call of the Primitives was the serious, serious truth.

Megatron's Master Plan series was also excellent. I remember seeing each episode when it was new and talking to my other friends about it the next day in school, particularly the Nightbird episode. Good times. :karate:

PS: And for the record, the first 6-7 episodes of Transformers Energon was pretty good. Especially Megatron's Revival. I'd put that episode up with anything on G1, and I'm a G1 fan.
    Judgment Day: PsychoBison, Rated [R]

http://www.mayn-event.com
    The diecast Binaltechs are really good stuff!
    I own Dead End & Ravage. (planning to get Laserwave/Shockwave too but they're pretty damn expensive.

BTW the japanese TF g1 show even feat. the Pretender line later on. (Skullgrin etc.)
    As much as I'd love to collect the Binaltech line, I can't afford $50.00 - $60.00 per figure. I do, however own pretty much all the Alternators and IMO they're just as good. Shockwave is easily my favorite so far. I also bought a set of G1 Jazz style stickers for Meister and he looks great.
    You know, if you watch Jaws backwards, its about a shark that throws up so many people... they have to open a beach.

Thanks de BLOO.
    As much as I'd love to collect the Binaltech line, I can't afford $50.00 - $60.00 per figure. I do, however own pretty much all the Alternators and IMO they're just as good. Shockwave is easily my favorite so far. I also bought a set of G1 Jazz style stickers for Meister and he looks great.
    i have to say prowl is first then shockwave or jazz had best design.
    although all this could change when i get my hands on skids, and next year when... mirage alt comes out and Optimus prime one which i'm kinda on fence about.

tempest wrote:
    although all this could change when i get my hands on skids, and next year when... mirage alt comes out and Optimus prime one which i'm kinda on fence about.
    Is the Mirage alt. a vette?

Also, Hasbro is finally bringing out their next reissue, commemmorative series VIII Astrotrain. :tup:
    9999 wrote:
    Is the Mirage alt. a vette?

Also, Hasbro is finally bringing out their next reissue, commemmorative series VIII Astrotrain. :tup:

no his going ford gt at botcon they had his mold looks pretty good. i wonder what the new mold for unicorn, and bw megatron going look like.

niiiice: Beast Machines: The Complete Series comes out on dvd November 15th
  • WarpticonWarpticon Main otaku of SRK #2 Joined: Posts: 9,968
    tempest wrote:
    no his going ford gt at botcon they had his mold looks pretty good. i wonder what the new mold for unicorn, and bw megatron going look like.

You were at BC? I wonder if I saw you.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the compound.
  • FighterXFighterX Joined: Posts: 1,645
    tempest wrote:

I think that Mirage is going to be even harder to find than the rest if the Alternators already are. I have every Alternator, except for Decepticharge and Swerve (saw them, but didn't want them), and I've preordered Sunstreaker (Dodge Viper) and Skids (Scion). The new Optimus Prime looked kinda iffy (Dodge Ram), but I'm going to try to get him anyway. Honestly, I consider my MasterPiece Optimus as part of the Alternators line because all the figures are 1/24" scale.

The best homage figure has got to be Tracks. He's very hard to find, but he is being re-released in a month or so. Meister/Jazz w/reprolabels is also a great figure (check out this page, he's the 3rd picture from the top http://www.reprolabels.com/alt_labels.html#). Skids is looking pretty good as well.

The best re-designs are Grimlock and Shockwave.

The best upcoming design is Mirage. (http://www.binalternators.de/mirage_english.html)

http://www.binalternators.de/binaltech_english.html
    FighterX wrote:
    I think that Mirage is going to be even harder to find than the rest if the Alternators already are. I have every Alternator, except for Decepticharge and Swerve (saw them, but didn't want them), and I've preordered Sunstreaker (Dodge Viper) and Skids (Scion). The new Optimus Prime looked kinda iffy (Dodge Ram), but I'm going to try to get him anyway. Honestly, I consider my MasterPiece Optimus as part of the Alternators line because all the figures are 1/24" scale.

The best homage figure has got to be Tracks. He's very hard to find, but he is being re-released in a month or so. Meister/Jazz w/reprolabels is also a great figure (check out this page, he's the 3rd picture from the top http://www.reprolabels.com/alt_labels.html#). Skids is looking pretty good as well.

The best re-designs are Grimlock and Shockwave.

The best upcoming design is Mirage. (http://www.binalternators.de/mirage_english.html)

http://www.binalternators.de/binaltech_english.html

yea i did the same preorder skids, sunstreaker, and prowl can't wait till redalret comes out i really like desisgn and colors.
    i'm holding off judegenment on prime ala since he looked like a rush job like he was transformed 2 mins before his pick was taken like how the first pics of prowl.
    i can't wait till sounwave gf/cybertron comes out.

the only ala i'm skipping is swreve i have tracks, and ravage already and his desisgn is bleh.

Im not sure Im liking the fact that Optimus Prime is gonna be the SRT-10...
    tempest wrote:
    yea i did the same preorder skids, sunstreaker, and prowl can't wait till redalret comes out i really like desisgn and colors.
    i'm holding off judegenment on prime ala since he looked like a rush job like he was transformed 2 mins before his pick was taken like how the first pics of prowl.
    i can't wait till sounwave gf/cybertron comes out.

the only ala i'm skipping is swreve i have tracks, and ravage already and his desisgn is bleh.

Indeed. Same here. I'm reserving judgement as welll, because when a figure makes it's debut, they ALWAYS manage to mis-transform it. ALWAYS. I'm still getting him, regardless (if I can find him). But that Skids looks too sweet.

I lucked out and found Prowl, so that was a plus - all I saw were people scalping him on ebay. The only reason I got Ravage and Swindle is because they were discounted at Wal-Mart for $8.00 a piece.

my Alts:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/DSC00163.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/754110ff.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/c8243bac.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/70d933e9.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/DSC00147.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/858f8d32.jpg
    FighterX wrote:
    Indeed. Same here. I'm reserving judgement as welll, because when a figure makes it's debut, they ALWAYS manage to mis-transform it. ALWAYS. I'm still getting him, regardless (if I can find him). But that Skids looks too sweet.

I lucked out and found Prowl, so that was a plus - all I saw were people scalping him on ebay. The only reason I got Ravage and Swindle is because they were discounted at Wal-Mart for $8.00 a piece.

my Alts:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/DSC00163.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/754110ff.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/c8243bac.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/70d933e9.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/DSC00147.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/858f8d32.jpg
    which reminds where did you find prowl at? i just ordered him/skids, and sunstreaker from big bad toystore. i agree i love skids design, hope see trailerbreaker in that mold instead of dodge ram.

• JackTenrac!JackTenrac! Dollar Yen - Level 304 Joined: Posts: 2,808
    Decepticons....TERRORIZE!!!!!!
    Brett at T7- "Bearrama?!"
    ओये! सौभाग्य!
    I saw Transformers: Cybertron yesterday and I wish I could have those twenty minutes of my life back.

Bad CG and a goofy quest once again seem to tarnish the Transformers legacy.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    Been found wanting.
    - A Knight's Tale
    tempest wrote:
    which reminds where did you find prowl at? i just ordered him/skids, and sunstreaker from big bad toystore. i agree i love skids design, hope see trailerbreaker in that mold instead of dodge ram.

I found Prowl in Target. I heard he came out on October 4th, so I checked the store and he was there.

I think the Ram should be Ironhide, and a Trailbreaker could be something like a Nissan X-Terra or one of those other Mini SUVs.
    reissue number 21 is blaster,yes i will preorder him when big badbots have him up. later

I'm just wating patiently for the Mirage pre-order. Same for Blaster. I wonder if they still have the trademark to the name for U.S. use. If not he'll most likely come out here as "Broadcast". Honestly I wouldn't mind having him called that here. It sounds better than "Blaster".
    I wonder if Blaster will come with a cassete.. wouldn´t mind that, Eject or Steeljaw would be cool.
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

Picked up Binaltech Laserwave (Shockwave) last weekend and it's damn cool (and expensive :( )!
    Currently got Dead End, Ravage & Laserwave.
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

• PrimePrime Autobot Joined: Posts: 4
    The next Takara reissue will apparently be Battle Convoy (= G2 Laser Prime). Wouldn't mind that mold, although it's not as cool as Blaster if you ask me...
    What about the rumored Megatron Binaltech?
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

yea i'm up date with ala line just waiting for preorders go though for sunsterker, prowl, skids, and for cough cough dragstrip come here. sorry the bin techs to me aern't worth that much cash just cause there some parts are diecast instead of pastic . i also preorder blaster, laser prime so i'm good to go ^_^

the megatron bitech is just a rumor ,but i'm sure were get one later next year after mirge, and prime comes out.

• JaviJavi Administrator Joined: Posts: 458 mod

In a bit late for this thread...

I've got some Binaltech myself. Yellow Tracks and Red Meister. I've actually bought a display case solely for Alts/20th Op. Looks great.

I've fallen behind on Alts since I've run into a bit of a financial bind, but I'm looking forward to the new releases. And Hybrid Style Convoy.
    Javier Moreno
    Shoryuken.com Staff
    Forums Administrator
    hase anyone seen these??
    12/23/05: New toy sightings - Beast Wars 10th Anniversary and Star Wars Transformers
    Sightings have been occuring all over the country for new Transformers product. Beast Wars 10th Anniversary wave one (Cheetor, Rhinox and Waspinator) and the first wave of Star Wars Transformers (Vader, Grievous and Obi Wan) have all hit stores. Go get'em fans!
    P. Gorath wrote:
    hase anyone seen these??
    I haven't really been looking but I do hear that they are out now. Apperantly, each figure comes witha part of the Beast Wars Transmutate character?

Don't feel bad Javi, I haven't been able to stay on top of my Alternator collection either. I have Smokescreen, Sideswipe, white Meister w. custom G1 Jazz stickers from reprolabels.com, Dead End (only because I can never find Hound), Tracks (also w. custom G1 Tracks stickers), Grimlock and Laserwave (which is my fav).

I'm really not into spending an extra $20.00 on repaints so I skip on most all the repainted Alt's. I also passed on geting Windcharger because I couldn't stand either of his modes. And I've yet to see any of the 4 new Alt's anywhere. I'm really excited to see how Sunstreaker turned out.

Thanks de BLOO.
    I haven't really been looking but I do hear that they are out now. Apperantly, each figure comes witha part of the Beast Wars Transmutate character?

And a character-specific episode of the show. Dinobot comes with "Code of Hero"
  • Demon DashDemon Dash Hyper Viper Raccoon! Joined: Posts: 5,880
    So anyone still rocking The Movie? I watched it the other night, has to be one of my favourite animations of all time. Growing up with Transformers sticks with you forever.
    "I'm speculating that it was M.O.D.O.K. that tore my dog's ACL. That crazy maniac was flying his hoverchair DRUNK. DRUNK on POWER. And booze. But mostly on POWER!" - corrosivefrost :rofl:
  • Power Man FoxPower Man Fox Man's natural enemy Joined: Posts: 1,035
    I was watching the Transformers, cybertron(?) , and ehh... if you watch it long enough it kinda grows on you. Anyone else watch it?
    I missed the last episode and was wondering if hot shot was still alive. After he got hit with the mini gatling(sp) gun it looked like he died right there.
    Anyone know why megatron got another cyber key power up?
    Go read Liar Game, you'll thank me later.
  • angryliberalangryliberal I beat cancer. Joined: Posts: 6,282
    couple of tf toys i got for christmas - i just started collecting again...
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/open.jpg
    http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/anglib420/closed.jpg
    Here's the thing, I beat cancer.
    Damn man Soundblaster is only one of four that I need to complete the Takara line. :sad:
    soundblaster is the first of the takara collection for me - i'm a little behind the times, so i'm gonna end up paying out the ass for soudwave, megatron, optimus and most likely starscream will be pretty high by the time i get around to picking it up...i think the next one i'm gonna get is the insecticon 3 pack
    soundblaster is the first of the takara collection for me - i'm a little behind the times, so i'm gonna end up paying out the ass for soudwave, megatron, optimus and most likely starscream will be pretty high by the time i get around to picking it up...i think the next one i'm gonna get is the insecticon 3 pack
    good luck on the hunt for megatron, and prime, reissues

i just want maybe hand full of ALA then thats it unless its new mold, same with GF although let the true be known i havn't started that collection till i see soundwave GF.

peace out

Megatron reissues arent hard to find on ebay. Prime on the other hand....Im glad I got him when he first came out.

I need: Megatron, Sideswipe, Soundwave, and Soundblaster. Even got my Predaking last summer, definatly worth the 200 bucks. :tup:

And Angryliberal, check your PM buddy.
    thanks for the info! i actually search ebay at least once a day for trans reissues - i love the takara ones, i just hope for a day when they release a good constructicon reissue, not these shitty ass china reissues you see all over the place - you can't even transform those ones without them breaking...