Transformers Thread

24567267

Comments

  • RoninChaosRoninChaos Treading Paper Joined: Posts: 4,091 mod
    I figured some of the toy fans would find this interesting, or G1 galvatron fans anyway.

    http://fantofan.jp/earlybirdsp/galvatron.jpg

    "Transformers Reissue: Galvatron

    Not just a reissue!! This one will sport the color from the movie. Galvatron now has show accurate purple on his body.
    Face has been remolded to look more menace.
    Comes with die-cast Matrix attached to a chain just like in the Movie!!
    New Electronic sound: 7 sounds: 5 voices (Japanese) and 2 sounds"

    :clap:


    WHERE THE FUCK CAN I GET THAT?!
    -[E.M.S. for life]- -[Da Foot Clan]- -[Kobra Kai]-

    Fuck Dan Marino

    "Let's get shit straight: NOTHING can protect you from Ronin." -- Ducky

    Making use of my "I am a bitch" card right now, please acknowledge it. -- OMFG

    I don't mean to sound cold or cruel or vicious, but I am, so that's the way it comes out.
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    RoninChaos wrote:
    WHERE THE FUCK CAN I GET THAT?!
    http://shoppertron.com/prices.php?iid=864
  • WarpticonWarpticon Main otaku of SRK #2 Joined: Posts: 9,968
    I'd be slightly more excited if I a) didn't have a Galvatron, and b) didn't realize he's a fairly shitty toy. But a lot of G1s are like that, so such is life.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the compound.
  • scum gale 88scum gale 88 yo! It's SYBOK! Joined: Posts: 1,739
    does anyone have any transformers victory/masterforce/superlink etc. bootleg dvds? Id like to buy some at wizard world but I need to know how the quality is,this would help alot
    Yeah there need to be more gangbang creampie porno. VAMPIRE GANGBANG CREAMPIES.
  • m121akumam121akuma Power to Tearer Joined: Posts: 1,993
    Somebody reccomend me some badass remixes of the main theme. For some reason, I have to urge to hunt some down.
    Me: You want a new console game? That's nice. Here's a new arcade version. Keep those petitions coming, we need more toilet paper
    FurryCurry: lol. make that your srk sig.
    Me: Done and done
  • JaviJavi Administrator Joined: Posts: 458 mod
    sfc3.jpg

    Super Fire Convoy rox. I have a Crystal version one.
    Javier Moreno
    Shoryuken.com Staff
    Forums Administrator
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Are there any transformers games that were only released in japan for ps1 or ps2?
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Are there any transformers games that were only released in japan for ps1 or ps2?

    IIRC there was a TF G1 game for Jpn PS2 only, but i dont know much about it.
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

    "There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • Korin ZynnKorin Zynn Ground and Pound! Joined: Posts: 43
    9999 wrote:
    http://www.themichaelsmith.com/

    Click on the 'vw transformer' link at the top, and enjoy. Guy does some killer work.


    Hey thanks man! That was bad ass.
    Xbox Live GT: Korin Zynn
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Are there any transformers games that were only released in japan for ps1 or ps2?

    http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=4159&mode=flat

    http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/data/917923.html

    Its kinda like a third-person shooter if I remember right, and apparently it wasnt too great of a game, but Im not sure. Ive only seen a couple clips of it, looked pretty decent from my point of view.
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,942
    I am pretty sure there was a recently released (within two or three years) Transformers game that was said to be pretty damn decent for PS2.

    Also a rental only Beast Wars fighting game on N64.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yeah i have the transmetals beast wars game, it also came out for psx (i believe its the same as the n64 one). It is really, REALLY crappy
  • SpiderjerichoSpiderjericho Joined: Posts: 338
    I just watched the first five episodes of the Headmasters Series from Japan. It seems confusing, as it doesn't follow the events of the last G1 mini series.

    SPOILERS









    The Headmasters aren't humans that merge with Transformers.

    Hotrod is always called Rodimus.

    Prime dies again.

    Where are the transformers that have the transforming guns?
  • SuperkingSuperking dat mooney dolemite Joined: Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

    Prime dies again.

    Yep, and he dies in the gayest fashion too. And gotta love the final battle to the death between Blaster and Soundwave, where they both get killed, only to come as Twincast and Soundblaster aka repaints. lol

    And yes folks, Grimlock is still Grimlock even in the Japanese version, and Triptacon is still a retard.

    *hugs his Pioneer Headmasters R2 box*
    DS: she's looking hot in that interview, fuck, keep in mind, i don't have yellow fever, i just know a hot girl when i see one, gonna rape her and call her julia chang
    Superking: lol
    DS: julia chang for life
  • Mr MortMr Mort Giganticus breathalizer Joined: Posts: 293 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I just got this bad boy at otakon. Cost a pretty penny, but it's a lot more detailed that the american one, and is made of die-cast metal instead of plastic. Very nice.

    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who really likes Beast Wars. It was very well written, and the character development is deep.

    I don't have many of the toys anymore, but I do have a collection of every Transmetal figure released in the US (not the recolors though), and those are some great toys.
    However, Alternators > all other TF toys. The detail on them is great
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    IIRC there was a TF G1 game for Jpn PS2 only, but i dont know much about it.

    Transformers: Tatakai for PS2. It's all G1, and plays a lot like Dynasty Warriors, you pick one transformer from an unlockable selection of 30 or so, and 2 computer controlled teammates. You fight stages of clones in really strange environments, and then take on major characters as boss battles. Also, there are really gay mine sequesnces where you have a very short amount of time to push through a section of a level with floating mines EVERYWHERE, and one hit juggles you into a shitload of others, making that particular lifebar void. In general, it's like many Japanese games, very lackluster. However, because its Transformers, I played the shit out of it. :pleased: There's a toy mde to transform in 3D all the old toys, with cool animations and tech specs. The story is decent for a transformer game, with plausible but noticibly diffent voice actors(Soundwave sounded spot on, as did Wheeljack), which is all in English. In fact, once you turn on the english sub-titles in the soundtrack, the game is much more American-friendly. You level up stats as you play, but can never max out or save maxed characters from different plays, so it annoys the completist in me. Also, playing a transformer means choosing only ONE transformation, so in the case of triple-changers, you have your robot form, and one of your vehicle or beast forms, complete with different attacks and specials.

    Obviously, Optimus as your main, with Rodimus Prime and Ultra Magnus as assistants rocks all forms of ass in the Autobots storyline. I use all different characters for the Decepticon half of the game.

    Annoyingly, the game is only 1-player. It's still addictive to push farther and see all your favorite transformers in action, how their powers translate to a game and to each other, etc. The boss battle toward the end, where you fight HUGE 3v1 battles on gestalt teams like Predaking(where Optimus is as tall as Predaking's knee ferchrissakes) or base transformers like the T-Rex/city Trypticon are orgasmic.

    It's a shitty game, seriously. But its the best Transformers game ever made, for Transformers fans. I recommend it.
  • PhilthPhilth I <3 4 $ Joined: Posts: 689
    I always hear a lot of hate for beast machines but everything about it sounds pretty cool, and ben from bwtf.com seems to like it.

    It sucks.

    Someone got super fucking high when they wrote this show.
    Its all some hippy commune with nature nonsense.
    How the fuck are robots gonna commune with nature?
    STUPID!
    Make no mistake I twist the limb until it breaks,
    prune you off your family tree,
    i'll snap you in half like a chicken wing inbetween my teeth.
  • Mr MortMr Mort Giganticus breathalizer Joined: Posts: 293 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I always hear a lot of hate for beast machines but everything about it sounds pretty cool, and ben from bwtf.com seems to like it.

    The reason IMO most people hate it is because it's supposed to be a direct continuation from Beast Wars, and they took all the characters left over from the original show, and turned them into bitches devoid of any personality. That, and they completely bastardize the continuity of the series while coming up with the dumbest plot conceivable. Oh, and the show is so politically correct it makes you sick.
  • SpiderjerichoSpiderjericho Joined: Posts: 338
    Which series were produced in Japan and not?

    Because that Headmasters doesn't seem like it follows the continuity of the American one, as Daniel didn't need to wear his exosuit or transforms, Spike doesn't transform into Fortress Maximus's head and the transformers with the guns that transform into humans weren't in it.

    And after the Headmaster's toy line, wasn't there a new Optimus and toy line that had some enhanced engine's or something.
  • tempesttempest walking death Joined: Posts: 298
    Which series were produced in Japan and not?

    Because that Headmasters doesn't seem like it follows the continuity of the American one, as Daniel didn't need to wear his exosuit or transforms, Spike doesn't transform into Fortress Maximus's head and the transformers with the guns that transform into humans weren't in it.

    And after the Headmaster's toy line, wasn't there a new Optimus and toy line that had some enhanced engine's or something.
    that be power something which most every diehard fan tries to forget.
    avatar made by PsychoSquall.

    man does not control his fate but he can fight againest it
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • SMBSMB Crackin' some NUTS! Joined: Posts: 1,725
    Philth wrote:
    It sucks.

    Someone got super fucking high when they wrote this show.
    Its all some hippy commune with nature nonsense.
    How the fuck are robots gonna commune with nature?
    STUPID!
    No fucking shit.

    They turned Optimus into some fucking buddha hippie freak. Their machine/animal forms were really ugly to look at and the ending of the series was completely retarded. Why they dumped Beast Wars for that shit is so beyone reason.

    And the Power thingy you guys are referring too, they were called Power Masters. The ones with the transforming guns was Target Masters. I thought they were a part of the Head Masters series - at least in toy form they were but I never could watch the G1 TF series past the movie. What horrible shit that was.
    You know, if you watch Jaws backwards, its about a shark that throws up so many people... they have to open a beach.

    Thanks de BLOO.
  • WilWil Joined: Posts: 6,116
    The Japanese fucked up Transformers by going their own way before the G1 movie. By doing Headmasters and stuff after that their own way, things just got gay. Thank you Japan.

    Beast Wars/Machines > *

    .....with exception of G1 movie.

    The one shining moment in Armada/Energon was when Starscream went face and tried to knock some sense into Megatron that Unicron is evil and that they should unite forces with the Autobots to defeat Unicron.

    Starscream did it by sacrificing himself and tried to attack Unicron only to be disintegrated by one single shot from the evil planet.

    IMHO, that ranks up there with Dinobot's death in Beast Wars series and Optimus Prime's death in TF:TM.
    SFV: Cammy, Ibuki, Karin
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,942
    No fucking shit.

    They turned Optimus into some fucking buddha hippie freak. Their machine/animal forms were really ugly to look at and the ending of the series was completely retarded. Why they dumped Beast Wars for that shit is so beyone reason.

    One of the most fucked up things I can't forgive is how they transformed Rattrap from uber cool demolitions expert and vet to team science guy. Cheator losing his cooler looking and obviously more powerful Transmetal 2 form also sucked.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,607 mod
    Mr Mort wrote:
    I just got this bad boy at otakon. Cost a pretty penny, but it's a lot more detailed that the american one, and is made of die-cast metal instead of plastic. Very nice.

    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who really likes Beast Wars. It was very well written, and the character development is deep.

    I don't have many of the toys anymore, but I do have a collection of every Transmetal figure released in the US (not the recolors though), and those are some great toys.
    However, Alternators > all other TF toys. The detail on them is great

    The diecast Binaltechs are really good stuff!
    I own Dead End & Ravage. (planning to get Laserwave/Shockwave too but they're pretty damn expensive.


    BTW the japanese TF g1 show even feat. the Pretender line later on. (Skullgrin etc.)
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

    PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
  • Judgment DayJudgment Day Disrupting Da Coronation Joined: Posts: 379
    NOBITA KUN wrote:
    Nice :tup: nthat list took some time.....

    I dont have the names of episodes since my intire boxset is at my friends house in N.C....

    I like "Starscreams Brigade" and "Call of the Primitives" had the best animation from all transformers episodes....except for Tranformers VICTORY that series had some very detailed hardcore japanese animation in it atleast 50% of the time....the animators showed and proved on that series

    Yes. Animation on Call of the Primitives was the serious, serious truth.

    Megatron's Master Plan series was also excellent. I remember seeing each episode when it was new and talking to my other friends about it the next day in school, particularly the Nightbird episode. Good times. :karate:

    PS: And for the record, the first 6-7 episodes of Transformers Energon was pretty good. Especially Megatron's Revival. I'd put that episode up with anything on G1, and I'm a G1 fan.
    Judgment Day: PsychoBison, Rated [R]


    http://www.mayn-event.com
  • SMBSMB Crackin' some NUTS! Joined: Posts: 1,725
    The diecast Binaltechs are really good stuff!
    I own Dead End & Ravage. (planning to get Laserwave/Shockwave too but they're pretty damn expensive.


    BTW the japanese TF g1 show even feat. the Pretender line later on. (Skullgrin etc.)
    As much as I'd love to collect the Binaltech line, I can't afford $50.00 - $60.00 per figure. I do, however own pretty much all the Alternators and IMO they're just as good. Shockwave is easily my favorite so far. I also bought a set of G1 Jazz style stickers for Meister and he looks great.
    You know, if you watch Jaws backwards, its about a shark that throws up so many people... they have to open a beach.

    Thanks de BLOO.
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
  • tempesttempest walking death Joined: Posts: 298
    As much as I'd love to collect the Binaltech line, I can't afford $50.00 - $60.00 per figure. I do, however own pretty much all the Alternators and IMO they're just as good. Shockwave is easily my favorite so far. I also bought a set of G1 Jazz style stickers for Meister and he looks great.
    i have to say prowl is first then shockwave or jazz had best design.
    although all this could change when i get my hands on skids, and next year when... mirage alt comes out and Optimus prime one which i'm kinda on fence about.
    avatar made by PsychoSquall.

    man does not control his fate but he can fight againest it
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    tempest wrote:
    i have to say prowl is first then shockwave or jazz had best design.
    although all this could change when i get my hands on skids, and next year when... mirage alt comes out and Optimus prime one which i'm kinda on fence about.
    Is the Mirage alt. a vette?

    Also, Hasbro is finally bringing out their next reissue, commemmorative series VIII Astrotrain. :tup:
  • tempesttempest walking death Joined: Posts: 298
    9999 wrote:
    Is the Mirage alt. a vette?

    Also, Hasbro is finally bringing out their next reissue, commemmorative series VIII Astrotrain. :tup:

    no his going ford gt at botcon they had his mold looks pretty good. i wonder what the new mold for unicorn, and bw megatron going look like.
    avatar made by PsychoSquall.

    man does not control his fate but he can fight againest it
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    niiiice: Beast Machines: The Complete Series comes out on dvd November 15th
  • WarpticonWarpticon Main otaku of SRK #2 Joined: Posts: 9,968
    tempest wrote:
    no his going ford gt at botcon they had his mold looks pretty good. i wonder what the new mold for unicorn, and bw megatron going look like.

    You were at BC? I wonder if I saw you.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the compound.
  • FighterXFighterX Joined: Posts: 1,648
    tempest wrote:
    i have to say prowl is first then shockwave or jazz had best design.
    although all this could change when i get my hands on skids, and next year when... mirage alt comes out and Optimus prime one which i'm kinda on fence about.

    I think that Mirage is going to be even harder to find than the rest if the Alternators already are. I have every Alternator, except for Decepticharge and Swerve (saw them, but didn't want them), and I've preordered Sunstreaker (Dodge Viper) and Skids (Scion). The new Optimus Prime looked kinda iffy (Dodge Ram), but I'm going to try to get him anyway. Honestly, I consider my MasterPiece Optimus as part of the Alternators line because all the figures are 1/24" scale.

    The best homage figure has got to be Tracks. He's very hard to find, but he is being re-released in a month or so. Meister/Jazz w/reprolabels is also a great figure (check out this page, he's the 3rd picture from the top http://www.reprolabels.com/alt_labels.html#). Skids is looking pretty good as well.

    The best re-designs are Grimlock and Shockwave.

    The best upcoming design is Mirage. (http://www.binalternators.de/mirage_english.html)

    http://www.binalternators.de/binaltech_english.html
  • tempesttempest walking death Joined: Posts: 298
    FighterX wrote:
    I think that Mirage is going to be even harder to find than the rest if the Alternators already are. I have every Alternator, except for Decepticharge and Swerve (saw them, but didn't want them), and I've preordered Sunstreaker (Dodge Viper) and Skids (Scion). The new Optimus Prime looked kinda iffy (Dodge Ram), but I'm going to try to get him anyway. Honestly, I consider my MasterPiece Optimus as part of the Alternators line because all the figures are 1/24" scale.

    The best homage figure has got to be Tracks. He's very hard to find, but he is being re-released in a month or so. Meister/Jazz w/reprolabels is also a great figure (check out this page, he's the 3rd picture from the top http://www.reprolabels.com/alt_labels.html#). Skids is looking pretty good as well.

    The best re-designs are Grimlock and Shockwave.

    The best upcoming design is Mirage. (http://www.binalternators.de/mirage_english.html)

    http://www.binalternators.de/binaltech_english.html

    yea i did the same preorder skids, sunstreaker, and prowl can't wait till redalret comes out i really like desisgn and colors.
    i'm holding off judegenment on prime ala since he looked like a rush job like he was transformed 2 mins before his pick was taken like how the first pics of prowl.
    i can't wait till sounwave gf/cybertron comes out.

    the only ala i'm skipping is swreve i have tracks, and ravage already and his desisgn is bleh.
    avatar made by PsychoSquall.

    man does not control his fate but he can fight againest it
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 508,676 admin
    Im not sure Im liking the fact that Optimus Prime is gonna be the SRT-10...
  • FighterXFighterX Joined: Posts: 1,648
    tempest wrote:
    yea i did the same preorder skids, sunstreaker, and prowl can't wait till redalret comes out i really like desisgn and colors.
    i'm holding off judegenment on prime ala since he looked like a rush job like he was transformed 2 mins before his pick was taken like how the first pics of prowl.
    i can't wait till sounwave gf/cybertron comes out.

    the only ala i'm skipping is swreve i have tracks, and ravage already and his desisgn is bleh.

    Indeed. Same here. I'm reserving judgement as welll, because when a figure makes it's debut, they ALWAYS manage to mis-transform it. ALWAYS. I'm still getting him, regardless (if I can find him). But that Skids looks too sweet.

    I lucked out and found Prowl, so that was a plus - all I saw were people scalping him on ebay. The only reason I got Ravage and Swindle is because they were discounted at Wal-Mart for $8.00 a piece.

    my Alts:

    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/DSC00163.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/754110ff.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/c8243bac.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/70d933e9.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/DSC00147.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/858f8d32.jpg
  • tempesttempest walking death Joined: Posts: 298
    FighterX wrote:
    Indeed. Same here. I'm reserving judgement as welll, because when a figure makes it's debut, they ALWAYS manage to mis-transform it. ALWAYS. I'm still getting him, regardless (if I can find him). But that Skids looks too sweet.

    I lucked out and found Prowl, so that was a plus - all I saw were people scalping him on ebay. The only reason I got Ravage and Swindle is because they were discounted at Wal-Mart for $8.00 a piece.

    my Alts:

    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/DSC00163.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/754110ff.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/c8243bac.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/70d933e9.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/DSC00147.jpg
    http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a279/MrFX313/Collections/858f8d32.jpg
    which reminds where did you find prowl at? i just ordered him/skids, and sunstreaker from big bad toystore. i agree i love skids design, hope see trailerbreaker in that mold instead of dodge ram.
    avatar made by PsychoSquall.

    man does not control his fate but he can fight againest it
  • JackTenrac!JackTenrac! Dollar Yen - Level 304 Joined: Posts: 2,808
    Decepticons....TERRORIZE!!!!!!
    Brett at T7- "Bearrama?!"
    ओये! सौभाग्य!
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,942
    I saw Transformers: Cybertron yesterday and I wish I could have those twenty minutes of my life back.

    Bad CG and a goofy quest once again seem to tarnish the Transformers legacy.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale