Transformers Thread

Comments

• AlphaCharlieAlphaCharlie Joined: Posts: 1,033
    edited January 28
    Even my lord Galvatron finally gets to be a sci fi cannon again!
    I dont mind him being a headmaster but his articulation and helmet make him a 8/10 instead of a 9.
    He's still worlds better than the 2008 CHUG Galvatron though.

Also, everything is planned around a repaint.
    I'd bet money that Kup was chosen not just for the character, but so that he could be remolded into G1Crosshairs because their alt modes are pretty similar.

I'd buy a TR G1 Crosshairs!

And i love the new titan returns Galvatron. Because of him i don't want to spend $100+ on 3rd party masterpeice versions, as i think he is a good representation. I'm glad he is a voyager size too.

Also there are fixes for both the Galvatron Helmet and his arm cannon issue:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/GSQEY76EM/tr-galvatron-cannon-adaptor?optionId=60260517&li=marketplace

And two replacement helmets:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/W5AJTBJCQ/g1-styled-helm-for-tr-galvatron?optionId=60466578
    And
    https://www.shapeways.com/product/7SD4LQUEF/titans-return-voyager-galvatron-helm?optionId=60334418
  • Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,676
    Power of the Prime Vote is underway

http://transformers.hasbro.com/en-us/combiner-wars/media/transformers-power-of-primes:27F9B879-5056-9047-F5B7-E5C51F996F4A

Order - Ultra Magnus
    Chaos - Optimus Primal (WTF)
    Order - Star Saber
    Wild Card - Unknown Evil (Deathsauraus)

Generations and MP Magnus is damn near a perfect figure. MP Optimus Primal is perfect, MP Star Saber is perfect. I am surprised Thunderwing wasn't the Chaos winner.

I really wonder what they will do for another Generations Magnus?

February 1 is the day that the voting starts.
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    TR Brawn review

PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
    edited January 31
    So i spotted the 30th anniversary Transformers movie on DVD at a wal-mart for $10.

Just watched it on my blu-ray player and the picture is Top-Notch! Almost like HD. Was curious to see if it was an improvement over previous releases but, the only other version i have to compare it to is the 20th anniversary DVD release from 11 years ago.

The older one is still nice but, this new DVD release image is "cleaner looking" with brighter, more vibrant colors. The Galvatron reformat sequence is a good example.

The new artwork still looks stupid though lol:

91bGFPQ2mbL._SY445_.jpg
    I got the Bluray version for xmas.

I had the Rhino 2000 dvd and the 20th anniversary Sony dvd (with the lenticular motion cover).

IMO its significantly better. I feel that Unicron in planet mode, all the landscapes/backdrops like Junkion/Lithone look really great.
    The transformation of Megatron to Galvatron with the green grid/energy pops on my tv.

The second best thing was the 45 min behind the scenes featurette. Well filmed and it was nice to see a lot of the G1 actors talk about their experiences.

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • chopperbyrnechopperbyrne Joined: Posts: 1,225
    That Scorponok is sick. Does it transform or bot only?
    celticthrowdown.com
    PSN - Leto_II_of_Dune

Yup. It has the city and scorpion alt modes just like the original.

-Jawaharlal Nehru
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited February 2

:o
    edited February 2
    Yup. It has the city and scorpion alt modes just like the original.

Yes and he's pretty awesome in each mode. When my TR WierdWolf arrives in the mail, i plan on doing a few Season 4/Headmasters Decepticon cast groupshots.

It's just too bad we don't have a Voyager sized Fortress Maximus to match him and the Autobot Titan Masters....

TR Topspin review

TR Broadside Review

-Jawaharlal Nehru
    edited February 14
    Optimus124 wrote: »

No way! That can't be real.

Does'nt look like much of an update at all over the original, just extra cosmetic detailing in the mold. And whats with the snipped tail??
    Nope, that's it. G1 to a fault.
    One of the greatest Transformers that ever was created is getting an MP figure.

DINOBOT . . . . . MAXIMIZE!!!!

vox_3EY.jpg
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 14,002 admin

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

Is it going to be Metroplex/Fort Max sized?

And G1 to a fault is right. I love G1 trypticon, and jumped on that platinum release a while back but, i would expect something more updated than this. It just looks like the G1 toy with some re-paneling done.

Is it going to be Metroplex/Fort Max sized?

And G1 to a fault is right. I love G1 trypticon, and jumped on that platinum release a while back but, i would expect something more updated than this. It just looks like the G1 toy with some re-paneling done.

It's going to be roughly that size (shy a few inches)

Interesting releases. There are 2 that I am virtually forced to get (despite my retirement from CHUG). Magnus Prime (US God Ginrai) and G2 Laser Prime (Voyager repaint)
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/02/18/toy-fair-2017-titans-return-official-images-continued-334247
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,451
    One of the greatest Transformers that ever was created is getting an MP figure.

DINOBOT . . . . . MAXIMIZE!!!!

vox_3EY.jpg
    Preppy wrote: »

*throws wallet* at screen the greatest maximal to ever live I remember getting teary eyed when he died. I do hope they begin the Predacons line soon Megatron and maybe Scorponok (really doubt it).
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
  • Titan44Titan44 Daddy Fat Sax Joined: Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    More images of Trypticon:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/02/17/hasbro-reveals-transformers-generations-trypticon-action-figure

Looks pretty dope to me. Were people expecting it to be drastically different from the G1 figure? I always thought that was part of the appeal...
    "WHAT'S CRACKIN' LITTLE BITCHES? THIS LOOKS LIKE A COOL SPOT TO KICK IT." >>> Black transformer (spoilers, he dies)
    Titan44 wrote: »
    More images of Trypticon:

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/02/17/hasbro-reveals-transformers-generations-trypticon-action-figure

Looks pretty dope to me. Were people expecting it to be drastically different from the G1 figure? I always thought that was part of the appeal...

I doubt it. The way Titans Return is as a line has been really slavish to G1. The Headmaster team looks like the OG toys with more detail and articulation. If they were going to go that route, at a higher price point, it could have been an MP release.

some Highlights of NY Toy Fair this past weekend:

Titan Class Trypticon!! (Very G1 and bigger than the old figure. He has the same 3 modes:T-rex, battle platform, and city mode
    He even has a hole in his mouth to "eat" headmasters and store them in his belly!
    Full-tilt (purple car minion) is a deluxe sized headmaster.
    DSC03341.jpg
    TRYPTICON-City-Mode-2-768x614.jpg
    TRYPTICON-Spaceship-Mode-300x240.png
    r_Titans-Return-TRYPTICON-Eating-2.jpg
    DSC03792.jpg

Pounce (one of the 1987 Decepticon clones. Only available as part of a boxset)
    DSC03388.jpg
    DSC03387.jpg

TwinTwist (1985 "Jumpstarter" Autobot aka Drillbooty lol
    DSC03416.jpg
    DSC03414.jpg

Blitzwing
    DSC03425.jpg
    DSC03427.jpg
    DSC03429.jpg

Seaspray
    DSC03461.jpg
    DSC03459.jpg

Octane
    DSC03454.jpg
    DSC03452.jpg
    DSC03446.jpg

Overlord (1988 Japanese/European Decepticon leader whose toy was never released in USA, but has gained popularity in IDW comics)
    DSC03434.jpg
    DSC03444.jpg
    DSC03440.jpg

-Jawaharlal Nehru
    edited February 21
    TR Trypticon just looks like a super-sized version of the G1 toy with some modern enhancements. Even though it looks cool on those merits, i don't know if i'll be bothering.

Plus i've always been turned off by these ginormous figures. There's a point where sheer size ceases to be cool and, becomes a pain in the ass. I remember back in the day when i had Car robots Brave Maximus. He was really awesome at first but, later became a hindrance when i realized he couldn't fit onto any of my shelves and storing him away properly was a no-go as well. He was too damn big.

I ended up placing him onto one of my upper shelves , laying on his side, in which half his body hung off the edge, and covered in a plastic garbage bag to protect from dust.

Edit: For the record though, if i were to ever bother with a figure of that size again? It would be Trypticon. He's always been my favorite of the G1 city-bots. I'll just have to see how this guy turns out.
    Post edited by AlphaCharlie on
    edited February 21
    The most important question of the Titans Return line is:

WHY HAVEN'T THE HEADMASTER HORRORCONS BEEN MADE!?!?

They are a borderline requirement for this line. All Voyagers are triple changers, which they would be just the right size class for.. The jaws of the beast become the pilot of the plane. The pilot of the plane becomes the head of the robot.

and no, the Headmaster released earlier last year does not count.
  • dn3000dn3000 Joined: Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

They are a borderline requirement for this line. All Voyagers are triple changers, which they would be just the right size class for.. The jaws of the beast become the pilot of the plane. The pilot of the plane becomes the head of the robot.

and no, the Headmaster released earlier last year does not count.

Man i used to have Apeface... that takes me back.
  • Grimmjow316Grimmjow316 Huracán Salvadoreño Joined: Posts: 7,451
    edited February 21
    Eeh glad I have my Tripticon. Maybe it's just me but Overlord feels underwhelming.

I will be getting that Seasparay though.
    "Life's a journey not a destination."
    FC: 3368-2140-0560
    PSN: Grimmjow316
    I'm kinda surprised that Apeface/Snapdragon weren't revealed too.

Or even some other 1987 characters like misfire ,or cross hairs since they could be easy remolds of existing figures.

I haven't bought any of the recent citybots but if they do a superb Scorponok ,I may consider it

Of those figures above I will probably get Overlord and Seaspray.

-Jawaharlal Nehru
    edited February 21

I'd love to see the lesser known, but still cool headmasters, like Apeface and Snapdragon. Also if they'd release the other two autobot monsterbots, in addition to the DoubleCross we have.

I doubt it. The way Titans Return is as a line has been really slavish to G1.

That's a good thing, at least with G1 fans like myself. The TR line got me to come out of collecting retirement. For YEARS now i have passed on everything besides the occasional MP or select 3rd party figure.
    If you want TR Sixshot in the US, hes now in stock at :HasbroToyshop, BBTS, and Toy Dojo.

for me, HTS wins for my needs at 55.65 (Tx+ship)
    The others are around 58.60(ups for bbts and priority for TDojo. Their base price is $47 though)

-Jawaharlal Nehru
    I just got bought TR megatron from a guy in one of the FB groups should have him on Friday. I think that figure scales well with the Classics Prime release. I had the CW figure for about a day and never really cared for it.

Also, MP Cheetor and MP Grapple are shipping out.
    Masterpiece Cheetor images....
    MP_Cheetor_Inhand_03.jpg
    MP_Cheetor_Inhand_01.jpg
    MP_Cheetor_Inhand_05.jpg

-Jawaharlal Nehru
    edited February 24
    Hasbrotoyshop doesnt have any mainstream coupon codes right now.

However if you sign up for their email, they should email you a 20% off personalized code within a few minutes.

https://pages.email.hasbro.com/signup

Some other TFW2005 folks and I were able to use it on sixshot
    (I got him for $46-basically free shipping and 2/3 of the sales tax knocked off.)

Hope you guys can get in on it :tup:

-Jawaharlal Nehru
    So glorious

Also, when you get to the part about the feet/ ankles. They aren't incorrectly assembled, he just didn't read the directions thoroughly. TakTomy has been nailing it with the BW figures. I wonder if the same design team is working on these as with the G1 figures.
    edited February 28
    Walked into a Target today and took a pass by the toy isle and....TR Trigger Happy! Awesome!

They also had TF Breakaway, which i thought about but passed on. Even though i like the Chromedome mold he just isn't different enough. Basically a white chromedome. Still cool but, for space reasons, i avoid repaints most of the time.
    edited February 28
    Walked into a Target today and took a pass by the toy isle and....TR Trigger Happy! Awesome!

They also had TF Breakaway, which i thought about but passed on. Even though i like the Chromedome mold he just isn't different enough. Basically a white chromedome. Still cool but, for space reasons, i avoid repaints most of the time.

Breakaway is probably one of the sorriest repaints in the TR lineup. It's very underwhelming in comparison to some of the other mold reuses.

Overall, it seems like the Decepticons are getting some love in the TR line. It's almost a 1:1 ratio now. HasTakTomy needs to keep this up with their other lines (Particularly MP).

What state do you live in?

Outisde of the Titanmaster mini toys, I havent seen any wave 3 TR in person.

-Jawaharlal Nehru

I'm in NC and finally saw a TR Voyager Prime.

Personally, that figure looks worse in person with that deco. They should not have done the additional "Prime ears" that is a part of the standard voyager gimmick.
    edited February 28

Texas. Seems like there has been a mass-clearance on TR in the past month or so at EVERY Target i've been too hoping to find stuff. Same at wal-mart. Toys'r'us selection isn't that great either.

I think i jumped onboard at just the right time to grab what i wanted lol. Seems like the TR line is either going out, or retailers are clearencing out everything they have to make room for the next wave.

edited March 1
    So USPS has my package in limbo. MP Cheetor got here yesterday. It stated available for pickup, which is strange. I got to the Post Office and they tell me that even though the the site says otherwise, it is out with a courier. It wasn't delivered on yesterday, so I called the local post office to ask where it is. I am told the person could not locate the package because all of the clerks left for the day. This morning I get a update in my USPS shipping showing that the package was picked up by someone.

I hope that's the courier and it will be delivered to the office today. Otherwise, a rage quit is coming.
    Things worked out. The building does something strange with the mail. Anyways, I'll let you guys know my thoughts probably tomorrow.
    edited March 1
    My preliminary thoughts.

Like Primal, this thing nails accuracy to the point that you wonder how they made it work. The digital paint for the spotting is fantastic. All of the other paint applications are flawless. The cheetah mode even has whiskers.

The transformation isn't really hard, but there are a few unsuspected twists and turns to make the figure work.

There is no way that anyone can realistically make a better figure. I'd say damn near impossible. The proportions are spot on. They had to have used some of the Mainframe renders to make this thing a reality.

My only gripe is the gut gun. The pistol has to be spilt to get the barrel out. That is sealed really well so you may need something small to pry it out.

The character looks like a 1:1 realization of the character. If you are not a BW collector, I doubt this will change your mind. However, for the rest of us, this is what the MP line is all about. Takara is 2 for 2 on the Beast Wars figures.

Anyone in here got Inferno (or Grapple)?
  • PsychoSquallPsychoSquall Hard-Boiled Killer Joined: Posts: 1,569
    I have Inferno. It has such an amazing and fun transformation design. Which helps to make up for the fact that I really dislike how the figure fully embraces the cartoon aesthetic, sacrificing some of the mature, bad-ass detailed styling that the MP series once was.
    Feel Invisible Matter
    edited March 8
    I have Inferno. It has such an amazing and fun transformation design. Which helps to make up for the fact that I really dislike how the figure fully embraces the cartoon aesthetic, sacrificing some of the mature, bad-ass detailed styling that the MP series once was.

Tracks was the last one sculpted with a more mature edge. Everything since has been doing a tight rope dance with the actual toon model. Part of me appreciates that while simultaneously wanting something a little more detailed. MP Soundwave is probably the figure that walks that line perfectly.
    Putting the 80's color scheme in full effect with those two.
    edited March 11
    Woohoo FINALLY got Triggerhappy and Gnaw at retail yesterday!

Also, Australia convention recently unveiled prototypes of....

TR Misfire and Slugslinger!!
    Misfire-and-Slugslinger-03.jpg
    Misfire-and-Slugslinger-02.jpg
    Misfire-and-Slugslinger-05.jpg
    Misfire-and-Slugslinger-04.jpg

^^ Holy shit. Hasbro must REALLY want my money.

I wonder if they'll be doing the other two Autobot Monsterbots then....

Edit: Also need a TR Springer. Then the 1986 movie-verse characters will be nearly complete with updated renditions (After the CW Magnus and Generations Arcee we got earlier).
    First in hand video of MP Megatron. It just shows accessories. No comparison in scale to anything and no transformation. The video is also in the wrong orientation.

edited March 22
    http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=92790396

Wave 3 TR deluxes (Triggerhappy/HotRod/Twinferno/Getaway) are back in stock at Toys R US for $13.

Free USA shipping at $30

-Jawaharlal Nehru
    Some shots of the Japanese TR Trypticon..

Other than some mild color variations, there doesnt seem to be any radical updates.
    Last image shows a comparison shot between Generations Metroplex and TR Trypticon
    17425899_1408944842500360_4238476962271984725_n.jpg?oh=5817fd4805a8225cb7b143ac5ef9a9ff&oe=596AEF18
    17362811_1408944829167028_3082450348414683702_n.jpg?oh=6dd38508eec020374c689f11cab981e1&oe=5958906A
    17309535_1408944839167027_3961424601897610844_n.jpg?oh=67a1e3366dcb7d3a4e70b9528dec691c&oe=59710EC1
    17458264_1408944929167018_6297486383758338993_n.jpg?oh=399a6417c0d9877fdbaeccc176a70db5&oe=596C8A41
    17309820_1408944902500354_9153080818310359899_n.jpg?oh=beba64eec1f973c3f5117a62fbab3118&oe=59623FF6

-Jawaharlal Nehru