Transformers Thread

Comments

• Optimus124Optimus124 Joined: Posts: 3,717
    I really wish I could do that sort of stuff with the customizations. It's just paint, but I don't have an eye for it. Many Cybertronians will die if I attempted this LOL
    PSN, NNID and CFN ID: OPTIMUS124
    SF V - Dictator (that's all that interests me at the moment)
    SSB4 - Roy, Ike, and Shulk
    QFT: There's a thin line between being busy and bull$hittin
    This is gonna be bought!

Battle Tanker Upgrade for G2 RTS Prime
  • RodimusRodimus You can win if you Dare! Joined: Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

Keep me posted on release shit looks hella hardcore.
  • PsychoSquallPsychoSquall Hard-Boiled Killer Joined: Posts: 1,569
    I love that Battle Tanker Upgrade. The big downer for a lot of people is that it's a little over one hundred US dollars... But that's to be expected in these times.
    Feel Invisible Matter
    Keep me posted on release shit looks hella hardcore.
    This will quite easily be my first 3rd party purchase. Knowing that the head swap still allows for vehicle more transformation is a plus.
    I love that Battle Tanker Upgrade. The big downer for a lot of people is that it's a little over one hundred US dollars... But that's to be expected in these times.

Yeah, but it looks so goooooood
    It's been a hot minute. Guys, someone did a cam vid of TF The Ride in Singapore. Looks like it's pretty fun you might want to hurry, it'll probably get taken down soon

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Got a few TF related items. ALL AWESOME

IMG_20111225_082031.jpg

My girl got these for me. It's the first Christmas, and she listened well. These little guys are AWESOME!

IMG_20111225_082341.jpg

Quick Size Comparison
    IMG_20111225_083611.jpg

Megashoton (Targetmaster "Not" Megatron)'s gun more is kinda tacky, but the robot mode is something serious

IMG_20111225_084205.jpg

Optiaim (TargetMaster "Not" Optimus Prime) gun mode is pretty serious
    IMG_20111225_084303.jpg

SHOULDER CANNON!!!!!
    IMG_20111225_084406.jpg

Then my bros got this for me. Totally Unexpected

IMG_20111225_143520.jpg
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,410 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    [media=vimeo]34874078

Damn you Michael Bay.....................you temptress.
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
    [media=vimeo]34874078

Damn you Michael Bay.....................you temptress.

I want it. However, with talks of a 4th movie, it kinda makes it irrelevant. That is some of the best packaging I have ever seen for a movie though. Too bad that Prime statue isn't up for grabs LOL.
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406

Sorry if these were already posted.
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    Watching the Headmasters series, I am actually impressed. I am drawn to watch it day to day. Usually, I do 4 eps at a time. Honestly, the series is pretty solid. I just wish that Daniel and Wheelie would be sent to oblivion. As far as the Japanese Series go, Victory is still #1 . . . . so far.
    FOC BRUTICUS. . . . IN TOY FORM!

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/new-pictures-of-fall-of-cybertron-combaticons-174325/
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/pics-of-fall-of-cybertron-vortex-and-blast-off-toys-174328/

The Money Shot
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/full-foc-bruticus-toy-revealed-174327/

In all honesty, I feel that the figure is mistransformed due to the proportions. However, this is probably the first true combiner (not counting the PCC stuff) that we've seen in a very long time.

The games seriously need to expand the toyline.
    3rd Party Masterpiece Soundwave!

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/527016-new-design-ft-02-g1-cartoon-soundwave.html

I don't plan to buy it, but we all know HasTak will never do an official one. This is GDLK!
    Your Next Masterpiece figure is . . . ..

MP-12 SIDESWIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/mp-12-lambor-sideswipe-announced-174574/

SO FUCKING BOUGHT I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • UnshapedOrkRandomNumberUnshapedOrkRandomNumber Far too kinky. Joined: Posts: 735
    Your Next Masterpiece figure is . . . ..

MP-12 SIDESWIPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/mp-12-lambor-sideswipe-announced-174574/

SO FUCKING BOUGHT I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :(

Not that I'm angry or anything, but seriously, I've been hoping for a Masterpiece Dinobot since Megatron was announced. The original toy was great in functionality but looked nothing like the character model on the show in beast mode. The next attempt at a Dinobot figure was really odd-looking and still not much like the show's version. I think it's impossible to get a good-looking Dinobot without going to the Masterpiece scale of price and complexity (Hey, they made a good-looking gun Megatron, so anything is possible).

Unfortunately, all the Masterpiece figures so far have been G1 characters. I was expecting Soundwave, Bumblebee, or Shockwave to be the next one, but I guess none of them lend themselves to recolors as well as Sideswipe.
    :(

Not that I'm angry or anything, but seriously, I've been hoping for a Masterpiece Dinobot since Megatron was announced. The original toy was great in functionality but looked nothing like the character model on the show in beast mode. The next attempt at a Dinobot figure was really odd-looking and still not much like the show's version. I think it's impossible to get a good-looking Dinobot without going to the Masterpiece scale of price and complexity (Hey, they made a good-looking gun Megatron, so anything is possible).

Unfortunately, all the Masterpiece figures so far have been G1 characters. I was expecting Soundwave, Bumblebee, or Shockwave to be the next one, but I guess none of them lend themselves to recolors as well as Sideswipe.

Dinobot as in Beast Wars Dinobot or Dinobot as in "THE DINOBOTS".

I'll be honest, I wouldn't hold your breath for MP BW Dinobot. While I would definitely purchase it:
    1. It won't be the type of fan service in the figure that we would want. The Beast Wars are IMO the greatest story in Transformers Lore (with Transformers Prime being a close second) and Dinobot is the Greatest character ever created since G1. It's going to be hard to translate flesh and muscle into a robot, especially with the proportions. The bone legs are going to be a marvel of TF engineering if its pulled off. Similar to MP Hot Rod, there will be more panel shifting to cover parts and that can get quite silly. Think about the chest head transformation:

Beast Mode

250px-BWDinobot_arrival.jpg

Robot Mode
      300px-BWDinobot_decision.jpg
    2. You can't repaint him. Oh yes, we know Red Alert might was well be announced as MP-14. I don't think HASTAK would be that bold to do a Sunstreaker with this figure, but I definitely see a Tiger Tracks Repaint coming.
    3. Robotic Forms are more appealing across the board. Think about it, since Beast Wars and Beast Machines, there has not been a beast based line since. Even in the Beast Wars, they went to a more Robotic look (Transmetals).
    Not saying its impossible, but it's highly unlikely.

And regarding your other selections for MP Figures:

Bumblebee: VW does not allow the use of their brand associated with war toys. This is also why you will never see an MP Jazz.

Shockwave: I wouldn't rule him out just yet.

Soundwave: Have no clue as to why not! The third party release is gonna be pretty spiffy though.
    As far as MP Figures go, here is what you are looking at:

MP-01: Convoy (Optimus Prime)
    MP-01B: Convoy Black Version
    MP-01L: Convoy Final Edition
    MP-02: Ultra Magnus
    MP-03: Starscream
    MP-03: Starscream (USA Edition)
    MP-03G: Starscream Ghost Version
    MP-04: Convoy Perfect Edition
    MP-04S: Convoy Sleep Mode
    MP-05: Megatron
    MP-06: Skywarp
    MP-07: Thundercracker
    MP-08: Grimlock
    MP-08X: King Grimlock
    MP-09: Rodimus Convoy (Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime)
    MP-09B: Black Rodimus Convoy
    MP-10: Convoy (Optimus Prime)
    MP-11: Starscream (Coronation gear and tweaked leg placement of plane kibble)

Yeah, that's retarded. Technically speaking there have only been 6 molds (2 are the same character).

Optimus Prime
    Starscream
    Megatron
    Grimlock
    Hot Rod/ Rodimus Prime
    Optimus Prime Redux

(to be) Sideswipe

I hope that now since the figures are being made smaller, this allows them to make more varied molds. I know Red Alert is a shoe in, but I don't think there will be much more than that with MP-12. More than likely, Red Alert will be a eHobby exclusive of that mold. By the way, MP-11 is the version of Starscream to get if you don't own it.

EDIT:
    **Full Body Sketch of MP-12**

img4371h.jpg
  • UnshapedOrkRandomNumberUnshapedOrkRandomNumber Far too kinky. Joined: Posts: 735
    Dinobot as in Beast Wars Dinobot or Dinobot as in "THE DINOBOTS".

I'll be honest, I wouldn't hold your breath for MP BW Dinobot. While I would definitely purchase it:

Not saying its impossible, but it's highly unlikely.
    Ah, thanks. I guess it is unlikely, but like you, I would definitely buy it.
    Soundwave: Have no clue as to why not! The third party release is gonna be pretty spiffy though.
    Oooh, third party MP Soundwave?
    Ah, thanks. I guess it is unlikely, but like you, I would definitely buy it.

Oooh, third party MP Soundwave?
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/527016-new-design-ft-02-g1-cartoon-soundwave.html
    2-1.jpg
  • FighterXFighterX Joined: Posts: 1,648
    I can't believe it. I can't believe it. They are doing an MP that isn't a Prime or a Jet. Holy crap. I will be all over this one.

My next anticipated releases are:

Knight Morpher Starscream
    KM Skywarp
    KM Thundercracker

Cybertron Starscream
    Cybertron Skywarp
    Cybertron Thundercracker

MP Lambor/Sideswipde

TF Prime Knockout
    TF Prime Vehicon
    TF Prime Skywarp

I'm keeping it simple this year. Starting last year, I reduced the amount of toys I purchased. I will only buy my "must haves". No more line filler. Now, if it's a Seeker, then yes, it will most likely be on my list. I'm sucker for the big three. I'm waiting for a good deal before I purchase the latest MP Starscream.
    I can't believe it. I can't believe it. They are doing an MP that isn't a Prime or a Jet. Holy crap. I will be all over this one.

My next anticipated releases are:

Knight Morpher Starscream
    KM Skywarp
    KM Thundercracker

Cybertron Starscream
    Cybertron Skywarp
    Cybertron Thundercracker

MP Lambor/Sideswipde

TF Prime Knockout
    TF Prime Vehicon
    TF Prime Skywarp

I'm keeping it simple this year. Starting last year, I reduced the amount of toys I purchased. I will only buy my "must haves". No more line filler. Now, if it's a Seeker, then yes, it will most likely be on my list. I'm sucker for the big three. I'm waiting for a good deal before I purchase the latest MP Starscream.

KM Skywarp is gonna get bought. Any Black and Purple Decepticon I am typically all over. WFC/FOC Starscream looks pretty serious. For those that have not seen it:

6826179640_2264b87c51_b_1331475812.jpg

FighterX, like you said, we know that the other 2 are coming right after this. I just hope Skywarp is not a JP exclusive, that seems to be the trend as of late. Hasbro has teased us saying that there will be 40 releases under the Generations banner in 2013. So you can cut down to 37. The whole FOC figure line up seems to be very Decepticon heavy.

I already started my TF Prime Asst. I have the Powerizer Optimus Prime. It's not a bad figure and I actually recommend, its just that the First Edition looks better. I will admit, I am supposed to be getting a position change at work, and I will get paid out for my leave (going from Temporary grant employee to Permanent party), so that's about a check and a 1/2 (plus my standard pay with raise). I'll spend some cheese to get FE Prime. I also want to look into the following pic:

015dfn.jpg

Xovergen is doing a Powermaster Prime upgrade for Classic/ Henkei Prime. I am concerned about the QC for this upgrade, due to their initial release of Grand Patriot (which was a god awful figure in terms of price and the QC issues IMO). They look like they have learned something this go round. If reviews are solid, I am getting this. I need to also get the Battle Tanker Trailer for RTS G2 Prime.

So many Trailers. . . . so little time
    Personally, I think HasTak need to make this their new Masterpiece Line up

Prowl/ Bluestreak
    Trailbreaker
    Wheeljack
    Ironhide/ Ratchet
    Mirage
    Sunstreaker
    Sideswipe

Sadly Jazz, Cliffjumper, and Bumblebee will never get licensed. all the cons need is a Redo of Megatron, Season 2 Seekers, Soundwave, and Shockwave.
    KM Skywarp is gonna get bought. Any Black and Purple Decepticon I am typically all over. WFC/FOC Starscream looks pretty serious. For those that have not seen it:

6826179640_2264b87c51_b_1331475812.jpg

FighterX, like you said, we know that the other 2 are coming right after this. I just hope Skywarp is not a JP exclusive, that seems to be the trend as of late. Hasbro has teased us saying that there will be 40 releases under the Generations banner in 2013. So you can cut down to 37. The whole FOC figure line up seems to be very Decepticon heavy.

That's always my biggest hindrance when it comes to getting "the big 3" in a line released on our side of the ocean. I always anticipate that I'll have to throw a football through a tire-swing to get them all, but I figure I'll just end up paying around $40 for the exclusive at BBTS. It's great that we are getting so many Deceps because it seems that any line released is 60/40 when it comes to autobots vs. deceps considering that toy cars are probably more popular with kids than jets.
    Any of you guys planning to go to Botcon? If so, you may not be getting your 3rd party swag on. Apparently they are banning all 3rd party unofficially licensed releases from the dealer room floor.
  • AlenthAlenth Joined: Posts: 560
    There is some fans of "Transformers Victory/Masterforce" here? :( i was lucky to see the entire series on my country but is unfortunate how they never were transmited on North America :/
    VF5: Sarah, P4U: Elizabeth, Aigis, KOF XIII: Elizabeth, Clark, Kyo.
    Any of you guys planning to go to Botcon? If so, you may not be getting your 3rd party swag on. Apparently they are banning all 3rd party unofficially licensed releases from the dealer room floor.

Yeah, I saw that. I guess their buttons finally got pushed in hard enough. The 3rd Party items used to drift in maybe 2 or 3 per year. Now I'm seeing something announced every MONTH almost. It was starting to get a bit overwhelming.
    There is some fans of "Transformers Victory/Masterforce" here? :( i was lucky to see the entire series on my country but is unfortunate how they never were transmited on North America :/

I have never seen it, but I have to make time to get the DVDs. I hear they were actually really good, but yeah, too bad they stopped getting broadcasted after Season 3 here in the U.S.
  • Lord_RaptorLord_Raptor Joined: Posts: 8,810
    Pretty weak but I saw it coming.

Masterforce is fucking baller as hell. Sixshot, Sixknight, and Giga/Omega were awesome. Wasn't a big fan of Victory, the last quater was cool though.
    Are you right? Are you READY!?

Yes, Victory is my SH*T!!!!!!!!!!! The entire Japanese series setup is pretty gangsta in general. I have to finish watching Headmasters, but overall it's solid as well.
    Yeah, I saw that. I guess their buttons finally got pushed in hard enough. The 3rd Party items used to drift in maybe 2 or 3 per year. Now I'm seeing something announced every MONTH almost. It was starting to get a bit overwhelming.

I know. I actually like this move from Hasbro. It is essentially the Transformers Trade show and I think this is fair. You want to keep focus on your product and hype up those releases. Granted, some of the 3rd party stuff has been pretty sick, there are others that are slightly redesigned version of retail releases (iGear Seekers). I just wish Hasbro would say what is in and what is out. Add ons should be welcomed, however full figures may not make the cut, especially those that are engineered by Hasbro themselves. The fandom also has some blame for this, as if they did not keep asking "What are you going to do about these third parties", they wouldn't have acted as clearly they have been turning their back to the problem. Essentially, the fandom trolled on itself.

The company that runs the conference (who also runs the TF Fan Club website) has very little to be desired. With the exclusives not being that imaginative IMO and a seriously needed website overhaul, I don't see what you are really paying for (regarding the Official TF Club)I don't know if any of you heard, but they recently got their credit card information compromised so you may want to be on the look out if you have purchased anything recently.
    Pretty weak but I saw it coming.

Masterforce is fucking baller as hell. Sixshot, Sixknight, and Giga/Omega were awesome. Wasn't a big fan of Victory, the last quater was cool though.

I kinda wish that the pretenders didn't become the weaker sets of robots. However, I loved seeing Ginrai get the FIRE GUTS!
    The fandom also has some blame for this, as if they did not keep asking "What are you going to do about these third parties", they wouldn't have acted as clearly they have been turning their back to the problem. Essentially, the fandom trolled on itself.

The company that runs the conference (who also runs the TF Fan Club website) has very little to be desired. With the exclusives not being that imaginative IMO and a seriously needed website overhaul, I don't see what you are really paying for (regarding the Official TF Club)I don't know if any of you heard, but they recently got their credit card information compromised so you may want to be on the look out if you have purchased anything recently.

People who asked those questions were well aware that Hasbro had been trying to dodge those subject. It was just the person trying to piss everyone else off in the room and get attention. The fandom has know for years about Hasbro's "look the other way" policy.

I got lucky in the card compromise situation. Just so happens that my old cards expired and new ones were being sent, so no problems on my end. But I did get hit the year before, either from the PS3 fiasco or the purchase of Punch/Counterpunch. I didn't lose a dime because my bank stopped my card when weird charges started showing up. Also, I am not renewing next year. I'm tired of all these shady business deals and having to deal with the TFCC's antiquated practices. It took all of this for them to FINALLY get a new website. But that's been my attitude with a lot of things as of late when it comes to other businesses taking advantage of their customers. Vote with your wallet.
    People who asked those questions were well aware that Hasbro had been trying to dodge those subject. It was just the person trying to piss everyone else off in the room and get attention. The fandom has know for years about Hasbro's "look the other way" policy.

I got lucky in the card compromise situation. Just so happens that my old cards expired and new ones were being sent, so no problems on my end. But I did get hit the year before, either from the PS3 fiasco or the purchase of Punch/Counterpunch. I didn't lose a dime because my bank stopped my card when weird charges started showing up. Also, I am not renewing next year. I'm tired of all these shady business deals and having to deal with the TFCC's antiquated practices. It took all of this for them to FINALLY get a new website. But that's been my attitude with a lot of things as of late when it comes to other businesses taking advantage of their customers. Vote with your wallet.

I agree. However, there was such a Rage Outcry for stuff like iGear that it frankly got annoying. We'll see how this goes in the years to come
    Yeah, I am all for 3rd party stuff, but I knew it would be a matter of time before Hasbro did something about it. I mean, nothing is worse than being shown up by other companies at your own show and using your venue for their own advertising. They've banned 3rd party items from BotCon, and personally, I don't blame them. I figured they'd have done it years ago.

Now even though the notice has been put out for people to leave their 3rd party stuff at home, I can GUARANTEE that someone is going to try to bring something anyway and then cry about it when they aren't let into the show with it.
    Yeah, I am all for 3rd party stuff, but I knew it would be a matter of time before Hasbro did something about it. I mean, nothing is worse than being shown up by other companies at your own show and using your venue for their own advertising. They've banned 3rd party items from BotCon, and personally, I don't blame them. I figured they'd have done it years ago.

Now even though the notice has been put out for people to leave their 3rd party stuff at home, I can GUARANTEE that someone is going to try to bring something anyway and then cry about it when they aren't let into the show with it.

I think Hasbro did the right thing. 3rd party, while great, is not a "Transformer" by HasTak. We know that someone is going to try to make that quick money and be an asshat. 3rd party items are going to have a black market venue for those items. I suspect a booth outside of the venue or an actual room being setup. All they need to do is put up an easel and say "ASK ABOUT OUR OTHER PRODUCTS".
    My girl does not help with the Addiction LOL

IMAG0056-1.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

I'll post some pics of the Revoltech figure in the next couple days. In short, its pretty awesome, despite being an overpriced Action master LOL.
    I fucking love Revoltechs, really wanna get one of those. I have the old DW Rev Megs and Starscream.
    I fucking love Revoltechs, really wanna get one of those. I have the old DW Rev Megs and Starscream.

It's very impressive despite its small size. He's about the size of a deluxe class figure, but is incredibly detailed. IMO, it's what the Action Master should have been.

I just need to find a stand for this guy as it is not included. Any ideas on where to pick one up?
    I usually buy from AmiAmi, you'd have to get Di Stages though. Don't think Kaiyodo sells the stages

If you like the Revos alot I would look into the Getter Robo Revos, Sengoku Basara, and the Full Metal Panic ones.
    I usually buy from AmiAmi, you'd have to get Di Stages though. Don't think Kaiyodo sells the stages

If you like the Revos alot I would look into the Getter Robo Revos, Sengoku Basara, and the Full Metal Panic ones.

What in the deuce are those stands called on this site? I can't find anything about em
    Turns out AmiAmi stopped carrying them -_-