Weekly Boba, Ramen, Genki Sushi, Rhythm Games and more at RoundONE Southcenter Weds or Thurs?

originalkdawgoriginalkdawg THAI VEGAJoined: Posts: 731
edited November 2015 in Northwest
So I don't know if we're gonna have an offical time gathering at such but I and a few others will be there most likely every monday at acme for some games.

The return of monday night fights and good eats afterwards

I will be there when I get off work so about 5p

Acme is open til' 11 so there is no excuse for people not showing up unless GW is better for them.

Bring quaters bitches

ACME BOWLING
100 Andover Park W # 100
Tukwila, WA 98188-2826
(206) 340-2263

Mon 3pm-11pm
Tue-Thu 11am-11pm
Fri 11am-1am
Sat 9am-1am
Sun 9am-11pm

Happy Hour from 4-7p
http://www.acmebowl.com/ConPics/Con483/TRANSHappy%20Hour%20Menu.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
Post edited by originalkdawg on
I'm a retired vega player.

Twitter: Thaivega206
Twitch: Thaivega206

Comments

• DeezoDeezo psycho 78 Joined: Posts: 3,238
    The saga continues! I'm there! :rock:
    In every contest, there comes a moment that separates winning from losing. The true warrior understands and seizes that moment. -Pat Riley
  • julius blazejulius blaze is really airthrow Joined: Posts: 596
    I'll be there for some ST.
    Everyone who likes real arcade ST, go join the dontblowthis.com forums!
  • Shredder253Shredder253 Hella Free Joined: Posts: 438
    See ya'll there.
    ~Matt~

The True Titan of Tacoma
  • DuggishDuggish ... Joined: Posts: 2,213
    Stoked for this.
    in training...
  • Dave ODave O Joined: Posts: 27
    Pretty pumped. See you guys there.
  • unlimited02unlimited02 MMA fighter Joined: Posts: 163
    finally... didn't want to go to GW to play... hey Thai Vega this is snow... i'm not gonna bring qtrs... just one qtr with a string hahaha hope to get to better now with everyone...
    i live my life 1/2 mile at a time... LOL
    http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/9517/photopom.jpg
  • BrentoBoxBrentoBox Drip Drip Drip Joined: Posts: 2,926
    Edit: I'll be there on Monday. Easter is Sunday.
    "Upback is the new downback." - Airthrow

:dp: We da best.
  • blacksteevblacksteev Joined: Posts: 270
    i will be there to hopefully take pics of the first ACME MNF!! Holla, for a venue thats like, 10 min or less from my house :-)
    "...of course theres nothing wrong with having fun- my concern is to point out the way in which so many scrubs use the idea of "having fun" as an excuse to never really get any good.
    -Ponder
  • originalkdawgoriginalkdawg THAI VEGA Joined: Posts: 731
    I am also down to eat befor acme sushiland jollibe california kictchen pizza famous daves and more! :)

Dude I don't remember a snow..:( we met before?! My bad Im really terrible at remembering people

I'm down for some Jollibee before some ST. What time KK?
    I duuno we will habe to see what time I get off and shit I don't even know if I want jollibees but we'll see

Yeah imma workout for a bit after work then come home and shower, so I should be ready around 6:30 or so, text me when you're down 253-886-0487.
  • masturfadermasturfader Fr:Russia with glove Joined: Posts: 1,425
    I'll try to roll down too!
    Lol its koo I'm bad also but u go by crank eye right n yea I went down today n didn't see it there unless it's located some where else at acme
    Im down for some sushiland tomorrow

Sushi and AE/ST sounds good

• BrentoBoxBrentoBox Drip Drip Drip Joined: Posts: 2,926
    I'll be there tonight at 7 for some sushi, AE and ST.
    "Upback is the new downback." - Airthrow

:dp: We da best.
  • A BIG PILE OF CRUDA BIG PILE OF CRUD minor to dominant Joined: Posts: 8
    A few notes on the AE machine having played all dang weekend at the anime thing:

It's basically Sanwa parts installed on the old vanilla setup, but that old screen still takes a p big shit on the Gameworks ones. The new buttons felt really great/new, but there were a few problems that hopefully won't become an ongoing thing.

Since the actual button enclosures appeared to be screw-in, by the end of Saturday they were loose enough to be completely lifted out of the face as a result of sustained button-mashing. This was sort of fixed on Sunday when I was there in the super early morning, but someone still could've just walked off with the 2P fierce button if they wanted. I'm not sure if this got a more permanent fix later in the day before or after they moved the machines to ACME.

The 2P MK button also went out completely early on Sunday. I called Bill's # on the machine and left a message, so I assume that got fixed not long after I left since Masterman Vending is the good shit.

Overall though, get hyped up because it was really nice and the better option between GW and ACME. B)
  • MikeySupremeMikeySupreme 2Dbasedgod Joined: Posts: 215
    A few notes on the AE machine having played all dang weekend at the anime thing:

It's basically Sanwa parts installed on the old vanilla setup, but that old screen still takes a p big shit on the Gameworks ones. The new buttons felt really great/new, but there were a few problems that hopefully won't become an ongoing thing.

Since the actual button enclosures appeared to be screw-in, by the end of Saturday they were loose enough to be completely lifted out of the face as a result of sustained button-mashing. This was sort of fixed on Sunday when I was there in the super early morning, but someone still could've just walked off with the 2P fierce button if they wanted. I'm not sure if this got a more permanent fix later in the day before or after they moved the machines to ACME.

The 2P MK button also went out completely early on Sunday. I called Bill's # on the machine and left a message, so I assume that got fixed not long after I left since Masterman Vending is the good shit.

Overall though, get hyped up because it was really nice and the better option between GW and ACME. B)

MK was working before i left around 5 on sunday on the P2 side (red).
  • Pablo_the_MexPablo_the_Mex Blond Kanye Status Joined: Posts: 8,152
    Those japanese parts are about to get raped. Hopefully they have plenty on hand.

Screw ins are fine if the surfaces are flush and they are adjusted with a wrench or pliers, yeah they will come out if you just finger tighten them.

Be there around 8ish, Brent gimme a call when you're at Sushiland...
  • Messatsu OrochiMessatsu Orochi Joshimitsu! Joined: Posts: 1,557
    ill try to be there around 7-730
    Tha Deezo (2:53:20 AM): I have a better chance of marrying Utada than he does of winning a tourney here with Chun
    Tha Deezo (2:53:22 AM): QUOTE ME
    Strider Ibuki - 8bit sprite by ReyArt
    Yup i'll probably be there around 6ish

If I am not exhausted after the gym I will try to stop by for ESSUTEEE.

• GhrrkGhrrk Bun Bi Joined: Posts: 1,268
    might be able to make it tomorrow had to go to tacoma today for a bit.
    Face it straight!
    good game fellas... good to see u crank eye... can't wait to do it again...
    Good shit everyone snow its kriangkrai! Lol but see you guys next week maybe for some jolibees instead of sushiland.

Shoutouts to everyone that came out

Airthrow
    Pablo
    Beasley
    Brentobox
    Axel
    Deezo
    Joshimitsu
    Tjdueceosix
    Heavy D
    TanakaForce
    Mikehascookies
    Nolander
    Hyre
    Hyre cousin David
    Unlimited
    The guile player
    And hyori

See you guys again next week

Nice to see peeps show up. Not sure how often I can make it out but the set up is great. If someone can notify Mr. Bill about the faulty coin slots on ST that would be great. Otherwise, very nice.

• KrazyKoreanFrankKrazyKoreanFrank The Kraziest Korean Joined: Posts: 483
    i will notify bill on his facebook page.
    If someone can post bill's number i can call him. He usually has a sticker (silver and black) on all this machines that has his number on it.
    www.seattleversus.com
    TEAM DICK PUNCH
  • Finelikewine49Finelikewine49 GO HOME AND BE A 12TH MAN! Joined: Posts: 143
    hey thanks for the games everyone, i finally got some good AE practice in....rest in peace Guile meter and sonic hurricane...you both suck! Im going to have to turtle more _ _'
    "control yourself, let others do as they will"
    That was fun as hell.

Shoutouts to Julien's O. Sagat being completely free to me, and also for thinking he's tight for random Chun li walking-SPD throw that dizzies me to walk up normal attack for death like he actually did something.

That cab would be practically PERFECT if the coin slot was fixed, I also wouldn't mind a monitor adjustment too, *I* can see that it is not adjusted properly because I am anal about arcade setups but I'm sure 90% of people cannot see the multiple things wrong with the picture. I'm a perfectionist.

I can't wait for the first person to get cussed out and/or physically assaulted by some random southcenter scrub. I NEVER go to southcenter, I don't enjoy environments with no class, if I'm gonna get shot somewhere I at least want to bleed out in an upscale gangster environment. Not Southcenter. :rofl:

I had as much fun just talking with you guys as playing games, it was too fun, can't wait for next monday.
  • tjdeuceosixtjdeuceosix Stretch Marxxx Joined: Posts: 453
    hey thanks for the games everyone, i finally got some good AE practice in....rest in peace Guile meter and sonic hurricane...you both suck! Im going to have to turtle more _ _'

...says the guy with the best streak of the night. haha. GGs everyone!
    Gaped Up, Gaped Out
    Lookin' Cute, Feelin' Cute
  • Finelikewine49Finelikewine49 GO HOME AND BE A 12TH MAN! Joined: Posts: 143
    That was fun as hell.

I can't wait for the first person to get cussed out and/or physically assaulted by some random southcenter scrub. I NEVER go to southcenter, I don't enjoy environments with no class, if I'm gonna get shot somewhere I at least want to bleed out in an upscale gangster environment. Not Southcenter. :rofl:

haha when ppl went out for sushi, I ended up playing a few guys who got hella salty and said I was cheating because I used too many sonic booms...even though I only threw like six in a round because I didn't need to spam...they all quit playing me and I ended up playing Arcade mode twice through lol...shout outs for FLW being 3rd in the standings!:rofl:
    "control yourself, let others do as they will"
    haha when ppl went out for sushi, I ended up playing a few guys who got hella salty and said I was cheating because I used too many sonic booms...even though I only threw like six in a round because I didn't need to spam...they all quit playing me and I ended up playing Arcade mode twice through lol...shout outs for FLW being 3rd in the standings!:rofl:

The cool thing about the SFAE cab is that it's impossible for someone to slam your face into the monitor unlike what happened to Cody at Silvercoin back in the day. :rofl:
  • mvcomvco Joined: Posts: 64
    What is up with the monitors not being perfect? Needs more brightness or contrast, or less? We are also anal about our monitors, and want that shit adjusted to the best it can be. Frank did message via Facebook, and we had service there today for the coin problems on the old turbo. How is it working for you guys now?
    Thx,
    Bill
  • Famous NateFamous Nate Joined: Posts: 306
    ^ this guy is badass
    "Letssss Get DRUUUUNNNNKKKKKKKKK" - Evo 2k10
    Seattles Weapon X
    Team Y.O.M.P. - Young Original Male Pimps
    What is up with the monitors not being perfect? Needs more brightness or contrast, or less? We are also anal about our monitors, and want that shit adjusted to the best it can be. Frank did message via Facebook, and we had service there today for the coin problems on the old turbo. How is it working for you guys now?
    Thx,
    Bill

Damn, Bill. You're hella quick. Another thing we noticed is that the volume for SSFIVAE is pretty low and get's drowned out pretty badly by "In The Groove" (I think it's called). Is there any way to get AE's Volume turned up or In The Groove's volume turned down a bit? Or both maybe?
    Gaped Up, Gaped Out
  • mikehascookiesmikehascookies cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lk, cr.lk Joined: Posts: 910
    Had a great time. Loved the cab. I will be back every Monday (at least).
    DB ALL DAY!
    I should be up there myself hopefully tomorrow, no later than Thursday and will check out the volume. Maybe we can inch it up a bit. With it's placement near the arcade entrance, the Acme people would like us to keep it down a bit, but there could be room to up it a bit. :-)
    Still wondering WTF blows about the monitor adjustments?
    I should be up there myself hopefully tomorrow, no later than Thursday and will check out the volume. Maybe we can inch it up a bit. With it's placement near the arcade entrance, the Acme people would like us to keep it down a bit, but there could be room to up it a bit. :-)
    Still wondering WTF blows about the monitor adjustments?

Thanks Bill. You're that dude.
    Gaped Up, Gaped Out
    Thx,
    Bill

Hi Bill,

If you look at the top of the screen, the image gets a bit distorted sideways, like it leans a bit to the side. Also the image is ever so slightly blurry, like the sharpness needs a touch of adjustment. The color balance and contrast are perfectly fine. Maybe needs degausing?

Another problem with the ST machine is it is almost COMPLETELY silent. You can't hear any of the audio cues which does interfere with gameplay. I know it's getting drowned out a bit by in the groove, but if it was turned up at least enough so that we could hear the sound effects it would be a huge improvement. As-is you completely can't hear anything from ST.

BTW how are the machines doing, are they pulling in enough?
    Also bill there was some people by the in the groove machine yesterday with a screw driver messing with things in the back of the machine I don't know if you are aware of that but they look suspicious.

Also thanks for the cabs and such ST coin slot was awakard so I hope that gets fixed!

Also is there a chance we'll be seeing other games there as well? Maaaaaybe mario kart or virtual cop 3 ^^ thanks bill!

Bill what is the best number to call if there's a bunch of people there and we have a problem with a machine?

I think the Neo Geo Battle cab is kinda getting neglected over there, there's a bunch of people here who like Fist of the Northstar (AKA Hokuto No Ken), which is also on the atomiswave board, so if you have that or can pick it up cheap I think it'd make better use of the floorspace than Neo Geo Battle...or put an MVS in there with KOF 98, 2002 and Garou, you would be the only place in WA that has Garou arcade and KOF 98 right now that I know of. We used to go to Gametown just for KOF.

Just my suggestions, thank you so much for listening to us, if you support us we will continue to support you. :tup:
  • JP253JP253 Korean Fighter Joined: Posts: 100
    I was there earlier afternoon and there was someone fixing the ST cab I believe. It looked like he was fixing the stick and buttons, but he could have did other things as well, not for sure as I left before he was done.
    "A true warrior comes to the arena with all his powers at the ready"
  • A BIG PILE OF CRUDA BIG PILE OF CRUD minor to dominant Joined: Posts: 8
    Bill what is the best number to call if there's a bunch of people there and we have a problem with a machine?
    I think all of the machines in the arcade should have a sticker with the phone # (253-564-7892) on it. When you call during off-hours you can leave a phone message with a description of what happens (and they get on it ASAP it would seem). On the AE cab, the sticker is on the top right of the cabinets.

When I was a Cool Guy and played DDR/ITG a lot and a pad sensor went out or something, a lot of times there'd be someone there to fix it hours after problem was reported. Broken record at this point, but Bill and his techs own real hard.
  • Messatsu OrochiMessatsu Orochi Joshimitsu! Joined: Posts: 1,557
    I NEVER go to southcenter, I don't enjoy environments with no class, if I'm gonna get shot somewhere I at least want to bleed out in an upscale gangster environment. Not Southcenter. :rofl:

lol ive had 4 fights in silver coin. all them dudes were free. one fight was 5 vs 1.

joshimitsu for sf5 please. top tier
    Tha Deezo (2:53:20 AM): I have a better chance of marrying Utada than he does of winning a tourney here with Chun
    Tha Deezo (2:53:22 AM): QUOTE ME
    Strider Ibuki - 8bit sprite by ReyArt
    Sure, we can give ST more volume. As far as Neo Geo Battle Colliseum, it left Acme last week.
    Yes, our repair service number is 253 564 7892, and is posted on each machine. You will always get an answering machine, which in turn let's our techs know where the trouble calls are. Normal respone time is 2-3 hours.
    The guys working in back of the dance game are the ones that take care of the new game program. It is all custom, very cool if you are in to dance games.
    was there last night... n there was a guy there fixing all of the mechines... so i think everything is good for now... but i did see some regular folks smashing buttons lol... so well see..
    Volume up 10% on AE, volume turned way up on ST. Hope you all like the volume levels now. Yes, this old man made it up tho Acme today.
    Looked at the monitors. Yes, I can see what is being mentioned. Specialized monitor tech will be adjusting soon. May turn out to be a charecteristic of the marriage of these monitors to our X2 Taito system, but we will find out for sure.
    See you guys again next monday i'll be there around 6ish again

• GhrrkGhrrk Bun Bi Joined: Posts: 1,268
    anyone interested in going tonight?
    Face it straight!