Orlando Thread: CEO De Mayo May 5th, CEO 2012 June 15-17 ceogaming.org

Comments

• PrinceMurphyPrinceMurphy Joined: Posts: 322
    Anybody know what stores in Orlando are selling Street Fighter x Tekken early?
  • CereiCerei One day at a time. Joined: Posts: 334
    there's no arcade scene here (there are no real arcades here)
    also you most likely aren't gonna get a response from anyone here cuz they all decided that migrating to facebook and ignoring SRK was an awesome idea
    Which makes it hard for people like me who aren't always in Orlando to figure out whatever the heck is going on. -__-
    Howfarisheavensignature.png
  • G1itchG1itch Premium Turtle! Joined: Posts: 337
    D2K - "You're saying if i'm better than you in 3s i can go and rape your mom or something and you're supposed to take it ..."

FlashMetroid - "I wonder what a midget's dick looks like?"

Av by Ben
  • DrHalibutDrHalibut Joined: Posts: 9
    Hey guys, relatively new to the Orlando scene. I help coordinate the Orlando Barcraft events, and the main coordinator approached me earlier with the idea of possibly streaming one of the MLG fight streams or the NorCal Regionals during our MLG Winter Championship event (March 24-5). He asked me to poke around the local scene and see what interest there was, if any, in joining us that weekend at RG Brewskies in Altamonte Springs for food, booze, and streams of people playing video games. On the weeks we assemble at RG Brewskies, we have Starcraft on one of the four projectors with a usual turnout of 30-40. I'm told we'll have use of up to 3 projectors for the Winter Championship weekend, and depending on the interest, one of them could be a fighting stream. If you're interested in joining us, I have a survey - [URL='http://[URL='http://www.surveymonkey.com/MySurvey_Responses.aspx?sm=rjDVt3dnYaO+QlNcXVYxJ+oRZt0XsfIp1vOLddjdGSM='']http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/L7CGZMX[/URL] - to figure out what everyone wants, so we know how to approach this (disclaimer: I had to make it with a slight bias towards Starcraft, since that's the main focus of Barcrafts), and depending on the turnout for fighting at our Winter Championship event, we may be able to do more fighting stuff in the future. Again, I'm new to the Orlando scene, so if something usually happens for majors that we're encroaching on, apologies in advance - it's not our intention to steal people from another event. :/

If you're interested in checking our what we do, check out [URL='http://[URL='http://www.facebook.com/groups/BarcraftOrlando/355787284462005/'']http://www.facebook.com/groups/BarcraftOrlando/[/URL] for details and feel free to join us next weekend at Gator's Dockside at Waterford Lakes (near UCF). We alternate between there and the aforementioned RG Brewskies. We post events in the Facebook group, on reddit (in r/orlando, r/UCF, and r/barcraft) and Team Liquid. If you have any questions, fire away here or PM me on reddit (same username as here).

On an semi-related note, what kind of regular local events take place for fighting? I'd like to meet more people and step up my game since I'd like to start competing at some point in the future (too scrubby right now), and I feel like practicing exclusively on Live is a bad idea. I mainly play SSF4 but I also play UMvC3 and KOF 13, and plan to focus on SFxT the second UPS shows up with it.
  • ha-dou-kenha-dou-ken 3SOE-XBOX: HAHADOUKEN Joined: Posts: 1,475
    I'd like to know where the locals gather for fighting games as well. I haven't visited this thread in ages. Anyone playing this weekend? 3s or KOF? I'll even play Sf4
  • Negro JusticeNegro Justice Hate. Joined: Posts: 1,980
    Hey what's up guys? Just wanted to stop through and post up the info for the 2012 EVO Midwest Championships (MWC). That's right, we are an EVO qualifier this year, and are looking to make this the biggest MWC yet!

This year's MWC will be held in Nashville, TN. Specifically at the South's premier arcade, Game Galaxy, which is owned and operated by OG tournament player and veteran game collector Jason "DreamTR" Wilson!

All of the info on location, fees, and scheduling, is contained in the tournament thread, so I won't make this post overcrowded by including it all here:

SRK Tournament thread - http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-june-22-24-2012-3-days-of-antioch-tn.152079/

Be sure to RSVP at the Facebook event page - http://www.facebook.com/events/100263760101160/

Also, follow Dream, Game Galaxy, and your Main Tournament staff on Twitter:

Jason "DreamTR" Wilson - Twitter @DreamTR
    Richard "SlowJamzMixTape" Smith - Twitter @dbxbeat
    Chris "Negro Justice" Brown - Twitter @NegroJustice
    Brandon "GoldenOreos" Brocius - @CMK_GoldenOreos
    Jonathan "Milln" Conaway - Twitter @DPOnWakeup

One additional note - there are some upcoming TN events in which you will have the opportunity to secure favorable seeding for MWC:

The first is our "Games for Autism Speaks" event that is being held jointly with the Tennessee Chapter of The Modified Dolls. It will take place on Saturday, April 28, 2012, starting at 12pm. Facebook event page here - http://www.facebook.com/events/272080749529275/. Follow TN Dolls on twitter - @TNdolls

The second is an event being organized by our good friend, OG Marvel 2 player, and the hypest commentator in the South, Jose "DGAGodlikeRushdown" Santiago! A lot of you saw and heard him do his thing at Final Round XV! You haven't seen anything till you come kick it with us in TN! "Memphis Bawse Battles" will take place on May 26th in Memphis, TN. Follow Jose on twitter - @DGAGdlkRushdown; and Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/GodlikeRushdown to stay current on his events!

The TOP FIVE placers at these events will get byes or double byes (depending on turnout) in their respective games at MWC. So, doing well here gets you one step closer to those sought after EVO points!

Finally guys, PLEASE DON'T HESITATE to contact the tournament staff, the arcade, post in the tournament or TN thread, send us smoke signals, carrier pigeons, etc for ANY questions you have. We are here to help and want to make this event huge as it's the last qualifier before EVO.

Thanks guys!
    A Million Watts of Power.
    I'm not a killer but some-a y'all gotta be killed, this ain't the lottery chill / Anthropology still couldn't analyze my pottery...STILL - Kool A.D.
  • TheGodOfPezTheGodOfPez Random select ftw. Joined: Posts: 1,393
    Whoa, I still remember my SRK password ;)

Sup dudes?
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    "That's the word up, you get hurt up." - Onyx
    "A Sim win feels so much better to me than any other." - ed1371
    Real eyes realize real lies.
  • SoulzityrSoulzityr Joined: Posts: 54
    I'm sorry if this exists, but the only Orlando thread I found was a specific tournament.

So I'm completely new to fighting games, just recently got SFxT and I want to find a good group to play with. Being Orlando, I'm pretty sure there's a group here. Anybody?
  • KGershkoffKGershkoff On the journey of a thousand miles........ Joined: Posts: 303
    Hello. I'm from Ocala (about an hour away), and the scene here is dead. So, I came here hoping someone would help me with SFxTK. My GT is SodaPopinski3 and I hope to play and learn from you guys sometime soon.
    im back in orlando, just sent a request for the facebook group.

Where do you find the FB group?
  • Vigilant GambitVigilant Gambit Joined: Posts: 100
    Hello. I'm from Ocala (about an hour away), and the scene here is dead. So, I came here hoping someone would help me with SFxTK. My GT is SodaPopinski3 and I hope to play and learn from you guys sometime soon.
    The scene here is definitely not dead. There's a tournament at Family Fun Center on Friday. The dude running it is hosting at his house on Thursday.

We're piggybacking on the Gainesville Facebook group since their scene is closest to ours. https://www.facebook.com/groups/266917783328408/
    Is there anyonein Orlando? I joined the group on FB but no one playing SG/BB would reply :(
  • TheBlackHombreTheBlackHombre Aesthetic Joined: Posts: 1,665
    Is there anyonein Orlando? I joined the group on FB but no one playing SG/BB would reply :(
    here are the facebook groups. i don't know why anybody just posts the links.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/173259156033912/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/221343907898387/

And they're is a tournament going on this weekend as well. Only $5 per game.
    http://www.facebook.com/events/297907610272079/
    here are the facebook groups. i don't know why anybody just posts the links.

And they're is a tournament going on this weekend as well. Only $5 per game.
    http://www.facebook.com/events/297907610272079/
    HAha thanks so much

Apparently I'm already in one and requested to join the other. At least I'm looking in the right place, just without results yet. THanks :)
  • Black JesusBlack Jesus Throwbacks Joined: Posts: 3,189
    Howl at the Moon on I-Drive at 6pm on Friday 4/20. Buffet until 9 and if you drop my name at the door (Anthony) you get 2 free drinks and free admission.
    ...but you ain't hear that from me.
  • SolidSonicTHSolidSonicTH Nyan-ko. Joined: Posts: 404
    I'm really sick of my scene in Melbourne. Anything interesting going on back in Orlando? I was a much more avid player when I was living at UCF than I am now (I feel like a recluse where I am as I don't think I get along well with the players at my local meetup).
    I'm a tryhard, big deal. I don't see why you care.
  • CrimsonItaruCrimsonItaru Blood-Sucker Acolyte Joined: Posts: 2
    I'm really sick of my scene in Melbourne. Anything interesting going on back in Orlando? I was a much more avid player when I was living at UCF than I am now (I feel like a recluse where I am as I don't think I get along well with the players at my local meetup).

If you think Melbourne is dead try Fort Pierce x.x can't wait to move to Orlando in a few months. I'm looking to get into UMVC3, hoping that entering tournaments could help me learn the game a little more.
    "Is your blood as thin as you are weak? Let's find out.."
  • TygerTyger Tournament Director Joined: Posts: 186
    It's been so long since I've been on here, but it's obvious people still frequent it so I must promote my upcoming tournament:

Storm Underground 5: Memories
    Saturday, May 26, 2012
    Jacksonville, FL
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/may-20-2012-storm-underground-5-jacksonville-fl-ae-2012-umvc3-sfxt-orange-park-fl.160590/

Hope to see you guys there!
    Storm Unity: http://stormunity.com
    Jacksonville Fighting Game Community: http://www.facebook.com/groups/JaxFGC/
    Definitely wouldn't be surprised if Steve showed up to that.
  • CrimsonItaruCrimsonItaru Blood-Sucker Acolyte Joined: Posts: 2
    Ahhh! Jacksonville! Y U SO FAR?! D;
    "Is your blood as thin as you are weak? Let's find out.."
  • BEENEEWEENEESBEENEEWEENEES Joined: Posts: 19
    kind of a huge thing to ask you guys, but ~
    would anyone be willing and available to pick me and a few other ATL players up from the megabus station Friday (6/15) morning for CEO? it should only be 15 minutes from the venue and we will glaldy cover any gas expenses. note that there will probably be 4 of us so expect a full car if anyone is willing to help. thanks. :)
  • Death N0teDeath N0te Joined: Posts: 266
    Hey everybody I am from Maryland and I am heading to CEO on Thursday and I am trying to see if anybody has some extra room they can spare for me.
    I am willing to pay whatever my cost will be, if anybody has any housing suggestions please let me know.
    Thanks in advance.
    You Must Defeat Sheng-Long to Stand A Chance!
  • zBeastlyzBeastly Joined: Posts: 10
    This is probably futile at this point, but is there anyone in Orlando that plays? I'm traveling out there next week for a work trip and would be available to play in the evenings. I am pretty much strictly KoF and Soul Calibur 5 at the moment.
  • JyushinshuuJyushinshuu Joined: Posts: 126
    This is probably futile at this point, but is there anyone in Orlando that plays? I'm traveling out there next week for a work trip and would be available to play in the evenings. I am pretty much strictly KoF and Soul Calibur 5 at the moment.

I think there will be casuals this Thursday. There are a few people that play KoF13, but they usually don't play SC5 there at all. If there is a gathering this Thursday, I can probably PM you the address and stuff, but I wouldn't know until like Thursday afternoon.
  • zBeastlyzBeastly Joined: Posts: 10
    That sounds good. Go ahead and PM me if you guys get together, I want to get some games in.
  • RakaeRakae Be there... Joined: Posts: 854
    Does Orlando have a regular weekly fight night or are there any weekly meet ups happening next week? I am coming down for vacation next week and would like to get games in SFIV if possible. Also I check the first post but it just has info about CEO.
    Vortex < Bortex
    :\

I think my Tekken Facebook group evicted me for mentioning DoA...I don't know if it was my "first offense" but I think I blew it with them regardless. Anyone around this part of the state to session some Tekken? If I'm gonna get TTT2, I'd like some real people to play with. I live in Melbourne (believe I mentioned that before).
  • Kid D. ZasterKid D. Zaster It's Amore, BABY. Joined: Posts: 404
    Yo. KDZ here. In Florida for a week. Wanna play Marvel, SF4 or SC5? Txt me at 917.582.8556.
    "From start to finish, I'm always at a climax."
  • ShustyShusty Shusty K.O Joined: Posts: 1,054
    im back in orlando, just sent a request for the facebook group.
    Where are you living now?
    High Level -
  • Enk!nduEnk!ndu Team Rox Showboat Joined: Posts: 207
    Hi. I dun't have one of those cool Evo banners. Lame.
  • TaskToolTaskTool Joined: Posts: 65
    Will Persona 4 Arena, or Marvel Vs Capcom Origins be at CEO 2013 next year? Just thought I would ask.
  • CanadianDstryrCanadianDstryr The Mundane Cinderella Joined: Posts: 2,071
    I'm reposting this in every Central Florida thread, most of you in Orlando already know me, but for the benefit of the ones that don't, I'm Chris, otherwise known as Canadian and I play KoF.
    Very recently, central Florida KoF has been struggling with attendance at events. A tournament in Altimonte was cancelled this week because we couldn't even put together an eight man bracket. Two weeks ago in Tampa wasn't much better, we drew eleven.
    That got some of the locals to talking about what we might do to save this game before it disappears outright. The conclusion we came to was that we need to network a lot better. Get central Florida on the same page as north and south Florida. Be willing to travel. Basically turn the smaller local scenes into one big Florida scene.

Most of central Florida's communication is done through Facebook, and if that's the case here, if you could give me some names of the local KoF players I'd appreciate it greatly. If not, I will be stopping by the regional boards occasionally, more often closer to events, and I encourage you guys to do the same.

Thank you.
  • Breez3Breez3 Joined: Posts: 93
    Hey fellas,

Just wanted to pop in to ask a couple questions about Orlando. I'm going to be heading down there this weekend with a buddy of mine and we wanted to know:

1. What are some good spots to eat for food (we're open to pretty much anything)?
    2. What are some good clubs to go to?
  • TheAbsolutionTheAbsolution Joined: Posts: 737
    Tony, are you still here? lol
  • kingKoopakingKoopa I Kidnap Princesses Joined: Posts: 52
    Just moved out here. Living in Winter Garden...any casuals going on around here or the orlando area?
    ". . .while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth."
  • TheAbsolutionTheAbsolution Joined: Posts: 737
    Nobody really checks SRK anymore. Everyone is over on FB now.
  • IkuzoIkuzo SFMVC3 - We know top tier! Joined: Posts: 311
    I'm coming from Norcal to Orlando for the weekend. Anyone want to get bodied in marvel :D?
    I'm coming from Norcal to Orlando for the weekend. Anyone want to get bodied in marvel :D?
    Join the 2 Facebook groups I posted up a few posts above, that's where everyone communicates. There is something always going on, pretty much everyday, just post something up and you'll easily get some casuals going. However for the thanksgiving weekend, everyone might have gone home (most of the players are university students).
  • Haro407Haro407 Joined: Posts: 4
    whats up people, i just joined & would like to know if anyone in the orlando area plays umvc3. im lookin to get better & meet people to teach and learn from. i just now have the time to play everyday (after having it sit for a year because of work). i been into it since street fighter vs x-men.

anyone interested reply here or inbox me.

hope you all enjoyed thanxgivin !
    whats up people, i just joined & would like to know if anyone in the orlando area plays umvc3. im lookin to get better & meet people to teach and learn from. i just now have the time to play everyday (after having it sit for a year because of work). i been into it since street fighter vs x-men.

anyone interested reply here or inbox me.

hope you all enjoyed thanxgivin !
    Read the post right above yours. Lots of people play marvel here.
    whats up with the facebook group? I sent a request to join. How often do you guys play umvc3 & where do ya guys normally meet? I'm like 10 minutes away from downtown Orlando. Get at me, let know what's up
    Read the post right above yours. Lots of people play marvel here.
    whats up with the facebook group? I sent a request to join. How often do you guys play umvc3 & where do ya guys normally meet? I'm like 10 minutes away from downtown Orlando. Get at me, let know what's up
    ask to join both groups, and somebody will accept your request within the day. I don't play marvel personally but there is always something going on in orlando (nearly everyday), just post in the group asking to play casuals and tell your location, you should be able to find people near where you live. You can also attend the many tournaments in the orlando area. Just check it daily and/or post that you want to go to some meetups.
    This came in handy, some guys & I are talkin about meetin up now for some casuals.
    ask to join both groups, and somebody will accept your request within the day. I don't play marvel personally but there is always something going on in orlando (nearly everyday), just post in the group asking to play casuals and tell your location, you should be able to find people near where you live. You can also attend the many tournaments in the orlando area. Just check it daily and/or post that you want to go to some meetups.
  • ha-dou-kenha-dou-ken 3SOE-XBOX: HAHADOUKEN Joined: Posts: 1,475
    edited April 2013
    looking for 3s players in Orlando and neighboring areas! i can host. I live off of Lee Rd. in Orlando, near downtown.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/176575/3s-in-orlando#latest
  • TheGodOfPezTheGodOfPez Random select ftw. Joined: Posts: 1,393
    Shit, I should probably request off for CEO now, huh? Lol.
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    "That's the word up, you get hurt up." - Onyx
    "A Sim win feels so much better to me than any other." - ed1371
    Real eyes realize real lies.
  • Kid D. ZasterKid D. Zaster It's Amore, BABY. Joined: Posts: 404
    I want to buy my ticket! I'm ready to pull the trigger this second!

Is there anyone with any room available for "rent", and anyone to help someone get to-and-from the airport?
    "From start to finish, I'm always at a climax."
  • mattmonstermattmonster Joined: Posts: 12
    Im moving to Orlando on the 22nd of July and i couldnt seem to find much about arcade scenes there only turnaments i went to disney quest thats all i could find for fighting games and well its hella expensive so i doubt i would go all the time
  • mattmonstermattmonster Joined: Posts: 12
    scene must be dead then lol
  • RafyToroRafyToro Get out of my Skies Nigguh! Joined: Posts: 457
    rip srk...
    SSF4:AE: Zangief, Protector of the Skies; Adon, The Troll Face
    CvS2: K- Cammy/Blanka/Sagat (Tier Whorin'!)
    UMvC3:Firebrand/Hawkeye/Ammy?

White People love Wayne Brady, because he makes Bryant Gumble look like Malcom X
    -Negrodamus
  • RafyToroRafyToro Get out of my Skies Nigguh! Joined: Posts: 457
    SRK is pretty dead for meeting up nowadays, it's all FB groups now!

join both and go from there!
    SSF4:AE: Zangief, Protector of the Skies; Adon, The Troll Face
    CvS2: K- Cammy/Blanka/Sagat (Tier Whorin'!)
    UMvC3:Firebrand/Hawkeye/Ammy?

White People love Wayne Brady, because he makes Bryant Gumble look like Malcom X
    -Negrodamus