Orlando Thread: CEO De Mayo May 5th, CEO 2012 June 15-17 ceogaming.org

Comments

• TheAbsolutionTheAbsolution Joined: Posts: 737
    There's a scene for AH3 and some people still playing Tekken. Not much love for other games though.
  • syingsying Just another scrub Joined: Posts: 377

Hey guys! Wanted to let you know of a upcoming tournament in Jacksonville. I know its kinda cutting it close, but if you can make it I would appreciate it.

Specifics:

Hammer Hall Gaming
    1271 King Street
    Jacksonville Florida 32204
    Google MapsLink http://bit.ly/r2tZ6a

Sunday, August 28th
    Registration starts at 5:00PM
    Tournament starts at 6:00PM
    Venue Fee - $5 for the entire tournament
    Major game tournament fee- $10 each game
    Minor game tournament fee- $5 each game
    Bring a setup (monitor, system, game) and get your venue fee waived!
    Major games to be played (system):
    Super Street Fighter IV : Arcade Edition (360)
    Marvel vs Capcom 3 : Fate of Two Worlds (360)
    Mortal Kombat (PS3)

Minor games to be played (system)
    BlazBlue Continuum Shift II (360)
    Street Fighter III: Third Strike (PS3)
    Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (360)

Prize payout structure:
    2-4 participants : Winner takes all
    4-12 participants : (1st / 2nd)70% / 30%
    13-32 participants : (1st / 2nd / 3rd) 60% / 30% / 10%
    Pot bonus of $25 per game of 13+ players
    Additional prizes include a pair of Jaguars tickets, 1600 point XBL gift card and more!

Rules:
    Questions? Contact sying or birds!
    Sheldon Ying
    SRK tag: sying
    Phone: 904-962-8200

Jeremiah Johnson
    SRK tag: birds!
    Phone: 904-945-3347
    Email: tomsellecktor@gmail.com
    Jacksonville Fighting Game Scene
    People / Meetup Locations / Results. Add your info in the link
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ajpv2Y7asO0HdGc1YWlFakVmbkh0aFJzbUI4XzFraGc&hl=en_US&authkey=CMju9NYO

RIVER CITY RANBATS - Level up your game / Win big prizes / Support your scene!
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sep-11-2011-river-city-ranbats-season-1-ae-mvc3-3s-mk9-jacksonville-florida.144963/
  • D. R.D. R. Netherealm Boss Joined: Posts: 71
    So an SF4:AE/MK9 tourney keeps popping up for this Monday at Hooters on my "Friends Events" on FB. I'd be more than down to go except MK is on Xbox... Wtf. If I brought my PS3 to the tournament along with a couple other people bringing their's, would the tourney organizer allow MK to be played on them? MK on Xbox is good for online games, but definitly not a tourney, especially since it's a game that caters more to pad players and Xbox pads suck.
  • Troyboy's Back!Troyboy's Back! One Man Wolf Pack! Joined: Posts: 1,084
    Hey guys long time no see, for those who know me. Anyway I heard there was gonna be a Tourney in Sept in O-Town was wondering when? Also just curious anyone know who usually wins these things these days? Top Players? Marvel 3 is what I'm asking bout BTW!
    Most Known Unknown...
  • ShustyShusty Shusty K.O Joined: Posts: 1,054
    Who is hosting tonight? I need more practice.
    High Level -
  • TheGodOfPezTheGodOfPez Random select ftw. Joined: Posts: 1,393
    Happy birthday, Mr. GoogleMyName!
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    "That's the word up, you get hurt up." - Onyx
    "A Sim win feels so much better to me than any other." - ed1371
    Real eyes realize real lies.
  • Curaga PGNCuraga PGN Indestructible. Joined: Posts: 212
    I'm considering starting a Tekken 6 bi/monthly in the coming months; I'd like to run a second game in addition that doesn't get a lot of play regularly at tournaments in our area. I was curious as to what game would generate a good amount of interest from everyone. Deltona put out some ideas like Blaz Blue, Virtua Fighter, and KOF.
    The other game doesn't necessarily have to be fighting either; just to throw that out there.
    PSN: HeavyCura
    http://www.youtube.com/user/HighTensionRX
    Paragon of Ken Masters Excellence
  • CEO JebaileyCEO Jebailey CEOGaming.org Joined: Posts: 1,559
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQFEY9RIRJA

Hey Tony,

Even Irvyn has now joined Facebook and our OFGC Groups. 200+ members posting everyday for matches, hanging out and such. If you really don't care to ever know anything about the Community that once loved and adored your drunken banters at tourneys with Ian, then fine don't join us. But just remember man, We'll always be Here for you http://www.facebook.com/groups/221343907898387/
    http://www.ceogaming.org
    Follow me on www.twitter.com/ceojebailey
    CEO 2014 is SET for June 27-29 2014!
    Whatcha Gonna Do, When the millions of Jemaniacs Run Wild on YOUUUUUU!
  • iShottoiShotto COME AT ME BRO Joined: Posts: 2,077
    I miss my drunken asian :(
    Say hello to your mother for me.
  • RafyToroRafyToro Joined: Posts: 457
    We miss you Tony :(!!!
    Lol. Oh, you guys... <3

3S out today!!!!!!!!! What systems are you guys getting it for? 360 for me, obviously. Time to relearn how to play a real fighting game again.

Game is getting great reviews: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1189741p1.html

Hi Isaias!
    <Yoga fire on deck>
  • AshuraSenkuAshuraSenku Let's GO!! Joined: Posts: 505
    yeah, yeah yeah. I'm on facebook. Tell the world why dont you.

im still not a fan of it, but it does has way more info on what's happening in the orlando community than here. It's even easier to get online matches with the local scene.

and... since i been on facebook, i've been getting a lot more attention from the ladies. and that's always a good thing.

and im getting 3rd strike for xbox. sure wish it came out today though.
    "...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci
    ^^^ it's out for PSN today, Xbox tomorrow :/

Fuckin' weak.
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    Now that I'm connected with Capcom directly for CEO next year, they give me promo codes to give out from time to time, but I only give them out to my CEO Facebook Group cause that's where the entire community is at. I gave out some free 3SO online DLC Codes earlier today.
    Now that I'm connected with Capcom directly for CEO next year, they give me promo codes to give out from time to time, but I only give them out to my CEO Facebook Group cause that's where the entire community is at. I gave out some free 3SO online DLC Codes earlier today.

30 Dollars Saved! Can't wait to lab it up with Alex and Ken tonight!
    <Yoga fire on deck>
  • DMG_AtrocityDMG_Atrocity Phoenix\Guile scrub :D Joined: Posts: 367
    Yo I'm not liking 3S....someone give me CvS2:OE!!!
    Yo I'm not liking 3S....someone give me CvS2:OE!!!

Anything in particular wrong with it - or is this your 1st time getting into it? I hear the PS3 is suffering from lag inputs, from numerous sources. Haven't heard anything about the XBL version yet. Gonna test it tomorrow.
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    Anything in particular wrong with it - or is this your 1st time getting into it? I hear the PS3 is suffering from lag inputs, from numerous sources. Haven't heard anything about the XBL version yet. Gonna test it tomorrow.
    I just don't like it...It's probably just because I'm getting into it and this is my first time playing it seriously other than randomly on GGPO. Either way I might end up playing this game to troll with Necro, he looks like fun.
    Loving those twin nerfs <3
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    Dem Gief buffs.
    Dem Gief buffs.

GIef is so much fun. I'm fairly sure that he's my favorite opp to play against with Sim. Rose got some nice buffs too. She and DeeJay will be my secondaries, pretty sure. Can't wait to play your Gief man, been a minute.

Anybody else addicted to the show 1,000 Ways To Die? Instant Queue on Netflix, son lol.
    <Yoga fire on deck>

Anybody else addicted to the show 1,000 Ways To Die? Instant Queue on Netflix, son lol.

People in the CEO Facebook group ask questions like that all the time, best part is, people will respond in literally seconds and keep the conversation going all day long. Never a dull moment on Facebook Groups.
    People in the CEO Facebook group ask questions like that all the time, best part is, people will respond in literally seconds and keep the conversation going all day long. Never a dull moment on Facebook Groups.

Have I ever asked you for a favor before, Jebailey? Ever once? I don't recall. I'm gonna ask you now, and ask you kindly.. please stop trolling me about Facebook. A.) It isn't funny. Not even a little bit. Seriously. B. ) I have zero fucking interest in joining your group. No offense. C. ) I could care less about how quickly I get a response on here. Conversely, I could care less if I get a response, period. I'm active on about 5 different website forums, this one being amongst my favorite. I realize it's a deadtown here, but I'll still periodically post to see what's up in Orlando. I love the people I've met here, and whether or not I join a group on Facebook isn't going to change that.

I'm 100% aware that Facebook is a glorious fucking revolution, and that I'm "behind the times." I sincerely do not care. I prefer to post here, and not there. I will kindly ask you again to please not mention this again. And before anybody asks "umad?" No. Not mad at all. Just tired of hearing it. Have I ever disrespected anybody here's beliefs/opinions/decisions - other than the one time I lashed out and used the term "Facebook dickriders" --- for which I promptly apologized for saying? To the best of my knowledge, other than that single isolated incident - even in my drunkest fashion, not once.

Cheers.
    <Yoga fire on deck>
  • iShottoiShotto COME AT ME BRO Joined: Posts: 2,077
    ...i h8 u......
    Say hello to your mother for me.
    Have I ever asked you for a favor before, Jebailey? Ever once? I don't recall. I'm gonna ask you now, and ask you kindly.. please stop trolling me about Facebook. A.) It isn't funny. Not even a little bit. Seriously. B. ) I have zero fucking interest in joining your group. No offense. C. ) I could care less about how quickly I get a response on here. Conversely, I could care less if I get a response, period. I'm active on about 5 different website forums, this one being amongst my favorite. I realize it's a deadtown here, but I'll still periodically post to see what's up in Orlando. I love the people I've met here, and whether or not I join a group on Facebook isn't going to change that.

I'm 100% aware that Facebook is a glorious fucking revolution, and that I'm "behind the times." I sincerely do not care. I prefer to post here, and not there. I will kindly ask you again to please not mention this again. And before anybody asks "umad?" No. Not mad at all. Just tired of hearing it. Have I ever disrespected anybody here's beliefs/opinions/decisions - other than the one time I lashed out and used the term "Facebook dickriders" --- for which I promptly apologized for saying? To the best of my knowledge, other than that single isolated incident - even in my drunkest fashion, not once.

Cheers.

Can't say how proud I am reading this respond. Jebailey is a forever dickriding fanboy (Xbox, Facebook, Men, etc...), but he doesn't mean any harm, Tony. He just wants you to be part of something that is huge and convenient for the gaming community. I personally respect your wishes for not wanting to join, and offer any help to keep you in the loop. That offer still stands! If you ever need the latest scoop on anything, you can pm me or call me 407.272.2501.

Facebook is not a revolution, but a fad like Myspace and Friendster. Also, there're 2 groups now on Facebook the "Orlando" group and the "Anthony didn't make me admin, so I'm going to make a group for myself - Alex Jebailey" group. I'm just glad you're sticking to your guns, Tony. Real men don't fall to peer pressure.
    High Level -
    Thank you, Torrin. Your # has been stored. =)

Good week for old school games, between 3S OE & Mortal Kombat Kollection. I'll be the first to admit that I've been abusing the SF4 shortcuts since 2009 :( Doing the 3S trials really reminds me that execution is and has always been my biggest detriment in fighting games. Infuriatingly difficult. I respect anybody that can 100% complete the trials in that game.

MKK is a lot of fun. Played until almost 3am last night. For the first day of release though, had several extended waits to find an online opponent. MK2 is still my favorite entry of the entire series. The dust layers are starting to build on my copy of MK9 :/ $9.99 for MK1-3 is shoplifting.
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    Jebailey is a forever dickriding fanboy (Xbox, Facebook, Men, etc...), but he doesn't mean any harm, Tony.

That's a close minded person's way of looking at it, just like you hate on combo videos even though they're simply fun to watch. I'm not a dick rider, I'm just smart and keep up with the times to stay connected. Which is what has made everything I've been doing lately so successful. But to each its own. I just don't want Tony feeling left out if he really likes the community and wants to know what's going on.

As for making my own group it had a legitimate reason so I could send mass invites out to people who care for CEO events, rather than one by one in Anthony's Group which is nothing but Chaos. Never do you see pointless posts or idiot banter in my CEO group. Again I'm being smart for success, not a "myself dickrider".

Also Tony I have a monthly coming up September 24th, Already at over 150+ RSVPs for it at Rooster's Bar and Grille on Aloma. All that info is here http://ceogaming.org/blog/36-blog/142-ceosept2011
    Thanks for the heads up, Alex, I'll be there. =)
    <Yoga fire on deck>
  • AshuraSenkuAshuraSenku Let's GO!! Joined: Posts: 505
    I feel so much love in here. lol

Is nestor's going on tonight?
    "...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci
  • SimonMagnusSimonMagnus Mr_Magnus (PSN) SimonMagnus (Live) Joined: Posts: 9
    that tourney looks sweet! I would like to go just to meet other fighting fans!
    High Level -
  • vsDenjinvsDenjin 電刃 Joined: Posts: 374
    No love for PS3 pad players... I gotta buy a converter sometime. I'd really like to hit up that tourney.
  • rogueyoshirogueyoshi Nothing Comes Easy Joined: Posts: 1,928
    whats good with marvel gatherings down here? i got a buddy of mine that is pretty good but lacks comp and is looking to break into the scene
    nignagnog: minority report
    nignagnog: you got punished for your future crimes
    BossG: anybody that's black already suffers under pre-crime laws

Reviving the ol' phone debate, eh? Lol I love it. I love my iPhone4, but I'm not planning on buying an iPhone5 on day-of-release. I'm gonna test it out first, and weigh my options vs. the latest Android phone. Keeping my options open. The biggest deal for me at this point is screen size. All smartphones nowadays have Words With Friends and WordFeud, so I'm good. <3
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    whats good with marvel gatherings down here? i got a buddy of mine that is pretty good but lacks comp and is looking to break into the scene

If you have facebook join this group http://www.facebook.com/groups/221343907898387/ There's always people in the Orlando area hosting almost every night and we always post in the group for meetings. This past Sunday night I had about 40 people over for game night so there's a big scene here.
    How was Jebailey's game night? I intended on going, but was very under the weather and ended up babysitting drunken overdramatic adults. :/

Btw, anybody here get Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection? I got it on PS3 if anybody wants to spar. I still play Mk9, just not very regularly.

EDIT: Just saw Jebailey's post. 40 people? Fuuuuuck! :(
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    I have the MKAK but man it sucks so bad, everywhere people complain about it so I barely play it online, it's unbearable on PSN for the most part. Game night was good, Sent you a picture of how packed it was :). Even girls show up now so there's no reason EVA wouldn't enjoy it from now on lol.