Orlando Thread: CEO De Mayo May 5th, CEO 2012 June 15-17 ceogaming.org

Comments

• BlueFlamingoBlueFlamingo Bitter with age Joined: Posts: 1,916 mod
    in my last month of school here, I know I disappear for months at a time but I have the entire month of June off and a pretty light schedule this month. Any smaller tourneys going on before CEO?
    shut up TGS
  • EcuaXricanNapsEcuaXricanNaps Joined: Posts: 11
    Mk casuals sounds great for whoever is interested, had a good time at the tourny....seeing some great players in a matter of days.
    Yaysian, DR, ARC..also the VSC crew.
    We have a lot of time til June, so let me know whoever is holding some casuals.
  • I$AACI$AAC did it hurt, baybee? Joined: Posts: 1,180
    There is a possibility that I may be in town wed night? Anyone down for MK casuals while I'm there? I want FL to be strong in this game!
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ
  • iShottoiShotto COME AT ME BRO Joined: Posts: 2,077
    There is a possibility that I may be in town wed night? Anyone down for MK casuals while I'm there? I want FL to be strong in this game!

I would but the wife has that day off :S. Are you going to be up for thursday as well?
    Say hello to your mother for me.
  • TheGodOfPezTheGodOfPez Random select ftw. Joined: Posts: 1,393
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    "That's the word up, you get hurt up." - Onyx
    "A Sim win feels so much better to me than any other." - ed1371
    Real eyes realize real lies.
    If you guys still haven't seen the babalities, they're pretty entertaining:

Mortal Kombat Babality Video Feature (PlayStation 3) - GameSpot Video

I'm not even sure how to unlock them. I haven't played Ladder Matches yet though.
    <Yoga fire on deck>
  • D. R.D. R. Netherealm Boss Joined: Posts: 71
    If you guys still haven't seen the babalities, they're pretty entertaining:

Mortal Kombat Babality Video Feature (PlayStation 3) - GameSpot Video

I'm not even sure how to unlock them. I haven't played Ladder Matches yet though.

They're secrets. Just look up the inputs online. To use it though, you have to go an entire round without blocking and win said round, then obviously win the whole match. It's actual a slap in the face if you do it to someone since block is such an important element in MK and you basically showed that they aint worth your defense.
    ^ lol, word. Surprised how good players are in such a short period of time. I still haven't gotten the chance to try every character in the game yet. Would like to complete Challenge Tower, but it seems like it's gonna be a very uphill battle to do so.
    <Yoga fire on deck>
  • Slychivas90Slychivas90 Joined: Posts: 426
    well my copy of mk came in today, sadly psn is down indefinitely. tony add me yo, once psn is up. back to gears of war beta.
  • Ben ReedBen Reed c. LK is my co-pilot Joined: Posts: 1,010
    Is there anything significant to unlock by completing Story Mode? These unskippable cutscenes are killing my soul. Please don't make me play as Liu Kang again...
    This post is +0 on block.
  • RafyToroRafyToro Get out of my Skies Nigguh! Joined: Posts: 457
    Is there anything significant to unlock by completing Story Mode? These unskippable cutscenes are killing my soul. Please don't make me play as Liu Kang again...

Don't you get Quan chi and some other character???
    SSF4:AE: Zangief, Protector of the Skies; Adon, The Troll Face
    CvS2: K- Cammy/Blanka/Sagat (Tier Whorin'!)
    UMvC3:Firebrand/Hawkeye/Ammy?

White People love Wayne Brady, because he makes Bryant Gumble look like Malcom X
    -Negrodamus
    you get Cyber Sub when you beat Cyber sub in storymode and you get Quan Chi when you beat storymode
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ
    Sigh...I was afraid of that. Fucking MK and its juvenile love of secrets and unlockables...
  • xMarshallLawxxMarshallLawx Joined: Posts: 58
    I posted a Nasty Team Combo with my 2 Mains
    Youtube.com/xMasterLeex
    Tekken6:Law Paul Miguel Steve
    SSF4:Rufus Guy Ryu Dudley
    MVC3:Wesker Magneto Ryu Spencer Hulk Iron-Man Spider-Man Doom Wesker
  • ShustyShusty Shusty K.O Joined: Posts: 1,054
    in my last month of school here, I know I disappear for months at a time but I have the entire month of June off and a pretty light schedule this month. Any smaller tourneys going on before CEO?

Where have you been? CEO is the beginning of June, so mostly casuals will be held up until the date. You know the routine. Just keeping checking back here for hosting.
    High Level -

no offense but since almost all of that damage comes from xray i would hardly consider it an expert combo. Considering scorpion by himself can pull at least 40%. That and it doesn't look at all that difficult. What criteria do you use to breakdown whether or not a combo is beginner, intermediate, expert level?

EDIT: that was a good example of how teams can use character abilities to do team combos tho, keep it up yo.
  • AshuraSenkuAshuraSenku Let's GO!! Joined: Posts: 505
    PSN being down is a pain. Not like MK online was any good, but I did play other games online. This just sucks. Who's hosting and when? I need to test my might against a real opponent.
    "...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo da Vinci
  • Slychivas90Slychivas90 Joined: Posts: 426
    so i was trolled, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Nice thread title, Jebailey. I heard about this, and have only briefly read about it. Figures this happens just weeks after I finally jump into the wonderful world of PS3. :/

Sony admits utter PSN failure: your personal data has been stolen

All is good, though, because "...To be fair, Sony does apologize for the inconvenience..."
    <Yoga fire on deck>

Yo Jazz, try this combo

Scorpion Jump in punch, 11 xx spear, b+2, jump K xx telepunch, Jump K xx air throw, Land EX fire for 50% (combo will say 42% but EX fire is inescapable and does 8%)
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ
  • CEO JebaileyCEO Jebailey CEOGaming.org Joined: Posts: 1,559
    Nice thread title, Jebailey. I heard about this, and have only briefly read about it. Figures this happens just weeks after I finally jump into the wonderful world of PS3. :/

Sony admits utter PSN failure: your personal data has been stolen

All is good, though, because "...To be fair, Sony does apologize for the inconvenience..."

If only you had facebook OR Twitter lol, There's been some really funny tweets and jokes about the whole thing. I'll post them here for you to recap...

Actually just read here Kotaku, the Gamer?s Guide

I came up with a couple Original ones myself.

PS3 Online Super Street Fighter 4 tournament tonight starting at 9 pm eastern. First place is 1 million dollars.

BRAND NEW CONTEST from #ceo2011. First person to figure out my Credit card information from the PSN gets free tickets to EVO 2k11 #fgc.

Oh and This

The history of Credit card and personal Information Leaks, Guess who has the new record...
    2004 ? Softbank ? 4,500,000
    2005 ? Visa, Mastercard ? 40,000,000
    2006 ? KDDI ? 4,000,000 ? AOL ? 660,000
    2009 ? ALICO Japan ? 130,000
    2010 ? AT&T 110,000 -
    2011 ? SONY ? 77,000,000 ?

Anyways I'll be attending Powerup 2011 in Ohio this weekend so wish me luck, Sucks it's on PS3 though. Next week hopefully my AC will be back and I can start hosting again.

PS I just hit over 223 badges Sold for CEO 2011. And literally like 80% of the names are people not from Orlando that I know or names I've heard of. When are you guys all planning to start registering? I never thought so many out of state people would attend. Also we're at 142 Room nights sold out of the 270 required. Hopefully it'll keep going and that's not everyone who's planning to stay there already.
    http://www.ceogaming.org
    Follow me on www.twitter.com/ceojebailey
    CEO 2014 is SET for June 27-29 2014!
    Whatcha Gonna Do, When the millions of Jemaniacs Run Wild on YOUUUUUU!
    If only you had facebook OR Twitter lol, There's been some really funny tweets and jokes about the whole thing. I'll post them here for you to recap...

Actually just read here Kotaku, the Gamer?s Guide

I came up with a couple Original ones myself.

PS3 Online Super Street Fighter 4 tournament tonight starting at 9 pm eastern. First place is 1 million dollars.

BRAND NEW CONTEST from #ceo2011. First person to figure out my Credit card information from the PSN gets free tickets to EVO 2k11 #fgc.

Oh and This

The history of Credit card and personal Information Leaks, Guess who has the new record...
    2004 ? Softbank ? 4,500,000
    2005 ? Visa, Mastercard ? 40,000,000
    2006 ? KDDI ? 4,000,000 ? AOL ? 660,000
    2009 ? ALICO Japan ? 130,000
    2010 ? AT&T 110,000 -
    2011 ? SONY ? 77,000,000 ?

Anyways I'll be attending Powerup 2011 in Ohio this weekend so wish me luck, Sucks it's on PS3 though. Next week hopefully my AC will be back and I can start hosting again.

PS I just hit over 223 badges Sold for CEO 2011. And literally like 80% of the names are people not from Orlando that I know or names I've heard of. When are you guys all planning to start registering? I never thought so many out of state people would attend. Also we're at 142 Room nights sold out of the 270 required. Hopefully it'll keep going and that's not everyone who's planning to stay there already.

uugh i suppose i'll do that this weekend..... i just keep putting it off lol....
    uugh i suppose i'll do that this weekend..... i just keep putting it off lol....

Honestly no rush really as long as its done before May 30th to make my life easier, just saying how awesome it is seeing so many registrations already knowing that the majority aren't even the guys I know from Florida that are already attending.

Oh Look WOW Came out for the iPhone today. http://toucharcade.com/2011/04/27/order-chaos-online-goes-worldwide-lets-take-over-the-arcadian-forest-server/

PS This could possibly be the greatest Youtube Video of all time now

This is my last freebie to you Tony, GET A DAMN FACEBOOK. Prolly the best EpicMealTime Episode now
    I subscribed to Epic Meal Time after that trip we all took to Tampa lol. I agree, probably the best episode, although CHili Four Loko is right up there for me, as well as the TurDucken (or whatever it's called) episode.

lol@psn tweets. Epic.
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    Shout outs to the FB Group marketing last night..."if only Tony had a FB"

lmao I miss you Tony, real talk!
    You need to come out to casuals some night soon, speaking of Nestor you hosting this week?

I'm done with finals Thursday afternoon and I want to fucking CELEBRATE with some GGs!

White People love Wayne Brady, because he makes Bryant Gumble look like Malcom X
    -Negrodamus
  • BlueFlamingoBlueFlamingo Bitter with age Joined: Posts: 1,916 mod
    Where have you been? CEO is the beginning of June, so mostly casuals will be held up until the date. You know the routine. Just keeping checking back here for hosting.

Got sucked into a ton of outside post production + recording sessions that haven't given me any time away combined with school. Gotta make money though. Hope to meet up with you dudes soon enough, and I am ready for CEO if only just to hang out and see everyone.
    shut up TGS
    Got sucked into a ton of outside post production + recording sessions that haven't given me any time away combined with school. Gotta make money though. Hope to meet up with you dudes soon enough, and I am ready for CEO if only just to hang out and see everyone.

werd!!! well if you make it out i got your first alcoholic beverage, we need to out hype ATL and amongst us the few of us i feel we can do it.
    You know what's going to happen with PSN now? We will be charged for it. Yeap, hackers just gave Sony an excuse to charge us for internet. Fuck you, hackers ( please don't hack my computer).
    High Level -
    You know what's going to happen with PSN now? We will be charged for it. Yeap, hackers just gave Sony an excuse to charge us for internet. Fuck you, hackers ( please don't hack my computer).

too late!!! <HACKITY HACK HACK HACK>
    no offense but since almost all of that damage comes from xray i would hardly consider it an expert combo. Considering scorpion by himself can pull at least 40%. That and it doesn't look at all that difficult. What criteria do you use to breakdown whether or not a combo is beginner, intermediate, expert level?

EDIT: that was a good example of how teams can use character abilities to do team combos tho, keep it up yo.

i mean it may not look expert to u but to others cant pull that off on break u no. Thats Combo ender with Liu Kang is a lil hard on cancel and back 1,2,1 juggle has to be the right time in so 2,1 will work or the dummy hits the ground. I dont no to me its a lil hard if u have the game u try it i beat it will take u more then 10 trys just to feel the time in but i under stand what ur stay in Thanks
    Youtube.com/xMasterLeex
    Yo Jazz, try this combo

Scorpion Jump in punch, 11 xx spear, b+2, jump K xx telepunch, Jump K xx air throw, Land EX fire for 50% (combo will say 42% but EX fire is inescapable and does 8%)

I no that combo i no a longer one in corner that takes 57% to x-Ray but 2 ex bars
    Youtube.com/xMasterLeex
    yo ben, more research for ya

Shows you can in fact still play like an asshole with bison lol
    @Rafy - I feel ya man, I try to make it out to casuals every once in a blue moon, but I usually have a lot of shit going on. June is my 5 year anniversary with Eva, and it's days after CEO lol... trying to plan a week long cruise, and also trying to figure out where we're moving to next (hopefully someplace closer to work). I'll do my best to make it out one of these nights, unfortunately, Nestor's crib is about 45-50 mins away :(
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    @Rafy - I feel ya man, I try to make it out to casuals every once in a blue moon, but I usually have a lot of shit going on. June is my 5 year anniversary with Eva, and it's days after CEO lol... trying to plan a week long cruise, and also trying to figure out where we're moving to next (hopefully someplace closer to work). I'll do my best to make it out one of these nights, unfortunately, Nestor's crib is about 45-50 mins away :(

BULLLLLLLSHIT, it's at most 30.
    *shrugs* Either/or, dude. I almost always have plans on Thursday nights as it is.
    <Yoga fire on deck>
  • JibbajabbaJibbajabba Joined: Posts: 75
    Won't be hosting until about 10:30pm tonight since I work today. Start swinging by around then if you guys are up for some games. Will probably keep going until like 2am or so.

857 Timber Isle Dr
    Orlando, Fl 32858

Name of the neighborhood is Timber Isle and the gate code is 1970.
    <Yoga fire on deck>
  • level1onlinelevel1online master ninja Joined: Posts: 526
    I heard an Orlando player had one of these at the last tourney: Buy XCM Cross Fire Converter (Xbox360) - Play-Asia.com

quick question, are there any lag issues, dropped inputs, etc?

can I use a PC controller, ie Logitech USB Gamepad
    "F--- you guys. Someday I'll be champion of Evo and get laid by Kayane in a bed full of money." - Pierre.
    level1online, did you used to play UMK3 online for 360 back in the day? And play random select? Just curious.
    <Yoga fire on deck>
    level1online, did you used to play UMK3 online for 360 back in the day? And play random select? Just curious.

No, you might be confusing me with "oBryant" who is now ".LyRic" on the Tampa forum. I went to his house like 2 years ago and watched him beast at random select, online UMK3.
    "F--- you guys. Someday I'll be champion of Evo and get laid by Kayane in a bed full of money." - Pierre.
  • BotageLBotageL Thanks for playing! Joined: Posts: 84
    I heard an Orlando player had one of these at the last tourney: Buy XCM Cross Fire Converter (Xbox360) - Play-Asia.com

I haven't used the convertor in question, but it's very likely you could use any USB controller you want, though you may find the button mapping to be a bit unusual. PS3 controllers are just standard USB game controllers, unlike 360 ones. Any PS3->360 convertor should take just about any gamepad you plug into it.
  • Black JesusBlack Jesus Throwbacks Joined: Posts: 3,189
    I'm still alive, bitches.
    ...but you ain't hear that from me.

5 years and no ring? What are you waiting for?
    High Level -

See you in 2 months...

-Negrodamus

I would say "I see what you did there", but I'm pretty sure it doesn't count when it took me twelve hours to see it.
    I would say "I see what you did there", but I'm pretty sure it doesn't count when it took me twelve hours to see it.

Ben Reed, I knew you were famous...

YouTube - Why you should jailbreak your iPhone

And Tony, Rare footage of Justin Wong Jealous lol yfrog Photo : http://yfrog.com/h6eezxnij Shared by CEOJebailey

Packing up for Powerup in Ohio in the morning, wish me luck.

Also I saw a sneak Peek of Thor tonight which comes out next Friday. WATCH THAT MOVIE. The best Overall Marvel movie to Date PERIOD.
  • VicenteVicente shenanigans Joined: Posts: 80

i heard they're kinda shitty tbh. lag and dropped inputs all over the place. it's somewhere in the tech talk forum
    "animus...it means spirit, courage, passion...wrath. this is mine."
    i heard they're kinda shitty tbh. lag and dropped inputs all over the place. it's somewhere in the tech talk forum

Yep, I read all four pages of the thread in the tech talk forum. thanks for feedback.
    5 years and no ring? What are you waiting for?

Lol the time will come, my friend =) btw LOL @ your avatar. Your avatars have been win lately. Third Reich has been retired.

Thor looks dope. I'm stoked to see it. I actually just watched The Watchmen last night for the first time. The only thing that was keeping me from watching it was the fact that it's 2hr43mins... that's a long time to sit still - but fuck, it was crazy violent! I'm gonna get a BluRay copy of that bitch. Good stuff.
    <Yoga fire on deck>