Queens, NY - A more local local.

NuezNuez Joined: Posts: 17
What's up guys. I'm just curious if there's any Queens players in here that would be interested in having some offline session time in SF, MVC3, etc. It's not always possible for everyone to trek it out to a venue in NYC or in Brooklyn due to time restraints and RL responsibilities so maybe us locals can help each other out!

I'm currently looking for a local spot in Queens where we can have some casuals and improve our game. If anybody's interested post up or PM me.

Comments

• mikey2174mikey2174 Joined: Posts: 22
    Same here. Hardly anything happens on Queens NY and everything else happens in Brooklyn or Manhattan! i Seriously need to get some casuals in too. I just don't wanna take 1-2 hour rides every time :D
    XBL: Hzardous (UMvC3/SCV)
    PSN: bakilade (SSF4:AE/SFxT)
    Currently representing all Yoshimitsu players from around the world.Yes, all 4 for them.
    Striving to prove that this guy ^^ is NOT bottom tier.
  • RomnetoRomneto MSP/MST-Rex Joined: Posts: 203
    I play MvC2 and I live in Queens (in Woodside). I don't play MvC3 or SF. If anyone wants to play some MvC2 Dreamcast sessions, just let me know.

I also upload videos (over 5,600 MvC2 videos): www.youtube.com/Bretth123
    MvC2 videos: www.youtube.com/bretth123 (7,000 videos)
  • DaFeetLeeDaFeetLee WOW Joined: Posts: 1,691
    I live in Queens!

I know there's a biweekly session at Break Bar and Billards in Astoria. People should come out to that and *coughbringbettertvscough*. ;)
    Twitter: @DaFeetLee || Twitch channel || NY FGC
    FG Blog || Youtube
  • jasonCjasonC Fish Bar Zombie Joined: Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    We had an Asus monitor there last night woohoo.
  • gafgariownedgafgariowned Joined: Posts: 36
    Hope to run some sessions starting in July at my new place in Sunnyside. Should have a bunch of setups including the ASUS evo monitor.
  • ZensoukenZensouken Ouroboros = Chips Ahoy! Joined: Posts: 1,310
    I'm in Sunnyside too; would love to step into this once I get my joystick build completed. Playing online is fun and all, but I swear I'm getting worse as I'm learning how to fight all "lag-like". (PS360+).
    Stridering since 1998; I play pragmatic and dirty. You will eat pringles and hate me for it.
    PSN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    CFN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    3DS FC: "1564-4856-0905"
  • OldBlaineOldBlaine Joined: Posts: 74
    same here live in Queen Village off the boarder of Nassua and i hate these elitist fucks online. I also host tourneys as well but thats in Manhattan. i'm trying to see if any place would like to host a bi weekly of AE and MvC3.

PS: also i'm try to see bout going to the next 8 on the break. if anyone is not doing anything next tuesday and wants some good offline fights come with me. my car has 4 spots open right now. just PM me if you want to go.
  • ZelunchboxZelunchbox Joined: Posts: 2
    If we could get a weekly tourny going in Astoria/Bayside/Flushing that would be great.

Does anyone know somewhere we could do this?
  • lethalmonk6lethalmonk6 Joined: Posts: 35
    I would consider myself a knowledgeable beginner in Marvel 3, would it be worth it for me to show up for the Break Billiards sessions in Astoria. I dont really have a way to play anyone as I cant really afford to pay for XBL right now
  • otakugamer223otakugamer223 GGPO scrub Joined: Posts: 286
    I'm in Bayside/Oakland Gardens, I used to travel to CTF often but local casuals would be sweet. If there's anyone around or near my area, let me know.
    fighting games are fun
    otakugamer223 i'm not that far from your area. i live in Queens Village, but serious ppl who wants to go to the next 8 on the break biweekly or this coming guard crash in blyn. pm me asap.
  • Reipin PillageReipin Pillage Lover of thigh highs Joined: Posts: 2,826
    There is a whole lot of I'm looking, and no organizing in this thread.

People looking for Queens casuals:
    Nuez
    Mikey2174
    DaFeetLe
    GafGariowned
    Zensouken
    OldBlaine
    ZeLunchBox
    LethalMonk6
    OtakuGamer223
    Myself

As DaFeetLee said, there is a BiWeekly event in Queens, in Astoria. Break Billiards, right off the train. On Wednesdays. Starts at 7. I think you can play free pool as well. So if you guys are looking, it happens tomorrow.
    "L.RH to your soapbox" - Sosage
  • otakugamer223otakugamer223 GGPO scrub Joined: Posts: 286
    Well I was thinking even more local and for training purposes, but I might drop by in those biweeklys somewhere in a few months.
    fighting games are fun
  • KingofqueenszKingofqueensz Joined: Posts: 39
    im thinking of going to Break Billiards sessions in Astoria but i just started started playing ssf4 for about a month or so.....is it worth going?
    im thinking of going to Break Billiards sessions in Astoria but i just started started playing ssf4 for about a month or so.....is it worth going?

Is it worth playing online? Why would it not be worth playing offline? At least offline no one is going to send you hatemail and you can discuss what you are doing wrong/right and how to approach a difficult matchup/situation with the people who are putting you in that situation.
    Well I was thinking even more local and for training purposes, but I might drop by in those biweeklys somewhere in a few months.

I'm in Forest Hills, which is closer, but for me to go over someone's house and play they have to be near my age. I'm not going to show up at a 16 year olds house and have their parents wondering why the fuck a 30+ year old is hanging out with their kid playing video games.

Simply put, said player must be renting or owning their own place.
    I was at 8 Bit and had a blast. point being Reipin is right. if i go to someone house i hope they own it cause it just plain weird when you show up to someones house to find out their 16. if i was that 16 year olds parent. "You asking to get rape or something!"

i'll check out the next event in Astoria.
  • lethalmonk6lethalmonk6 Joined: Posts: 35
    Reipin, i live in Kew Gardens. I don't own ssf4 but I do have marvel 3 and apparently really suck, lol. What do you play?
    I play SSF4:AE. marvel is too much wtf for my old mind to comprehend
  • Gr0wTesKGr0wTesK Joined: Posts: 77
    i'll be visiting Astoria from chicago this coming thurs until probably the 8th of july and it would be cool to meet up with some folks and play some SF

LOL 10 dollar entry and first prize is a game.
  • Gr0wTesKGr0wTesK Joined: Posts: 77
    yo when is break in queens going down?
    yo when is break in queens going down?

Maybe Wednesday. Tonight is 8-bit @ St.Marks.
  • Zee Tee BeeZee Tee Bee Br0k3яZ Revanche Joined: Posts: 1,008
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/...-fighting-cvs2-x-vsav-nla-brooklyn-ny.139445/

i know south brooklyn is practically on the other side of the planet for you guys but give it a looksee if you happen to be in the area or are just hungry for cvs2 & vsav matches/exp.
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
    **Team Grain of Salt** 7/11
    Eh so does anyone want to get together or what?
  • lildshadow2lildshadow2 Get blow up Joined: Posts: 246
    This thread interests me. I'm from Yonkers NY and the drive to Astoria is hella easy (I know because one of my best friends lives there). Because of that, I'd be willing to drive down to one of the bar fights bi weekly sessions. Is it free?

to quote: "
    As DaFeetLee said, there is a BiWeekly event in Queens, in Astoria. Break Billiards, right off the train. On Wednesdays. Starts at 7. I think you can play free pool as well. So if you guys are looking, it happens tomorrow.

Well, I need to know the exact address of that place, perhaps a website, the cost, and how late they are open til. I'd be willing to go asap once my schedule for Wednesday opens up. Please let me know more.
    I like to Cannon Strike.
    XBL GT: octdave please challenge me if US North East Coast and competitive!
    www.twitch.tv/lildshadow2 watch me stream some AE PC ! or counter-strike 1.6!! Best game!
    This thread interests me. I'm from Yonkers NY and the drive to Astoria is hella easy (I know because one of my best friends lives there). Because of that, I'd be willing to drive down to one of the bar fights bi weekly sessions. Is it free?

to quote: "

Well, I need to know the exact address of that place, perhaps a website, the cost, and how late they are open til. I'd be willing to go asap once my schedule for Wednesday opens up. Please let me know more.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=break+billiards+astoria+ny&fb=1&gl=us&z=14

It's free but you have to order a drink or food to support the venue.

They played till midnight I think, last time. No session this Wednesday though.
  • L3xingtonL3xington Joined: Posts: 1
    Yo I'm in Queens Village too. Some1 hit me up i play mvc3, use to play ssfIV mostly marvel though. hit me up on twitter @PKPAT
    CVS2 and Vampire Savior tourney in the Brooklyn area for those of you interested. 7.16.11

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jul-16-2011-skillionaire-fighting-mark-of-the-skillennium-cvs2-x-vsav-brooklyn-ny.140740/

Check it out!
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
  • jasonCjasonC Fish Bar Zombie Joined: Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Reipin Pillage: "I'm here to play games with your 16-year old son"
    Mom: "Are you going to rape him?"
    Reiping Pillage:"No."
    Mom: "What's your name?"
    Reiping Pillage: "Reiping P-"
    Mom: "GTFO"

Hey, I live in Forest Hills too. I'd be down for some offline...you use Gouken? have I met you before? Are you Paul?
  • GuruPrimoGuruPrimo full screen spd Joined: Posts: 1,093
    Yup, that is Paul.

For all of you curious about Break (in Astoria):

http://www.meetup.com/The-PS3-and-XBox-360-Gaming-Meetup-Group/

^meetups get posted there. 21+ but everyone is welcome, bring a stick or a copy of the game if you can just in case people need to leave early. Or bring some evo monitors, I supply one but the bar doesn't really give us anything but space.
    "Why go through the frustration when people are just going to spam projectiles, uppercut when you jump, and block all of your attacks, but are still out of range to throw? "
  • Trini_JudokaTrini_Judoka salty...since 09 Joined: Posts: 1,317
    BK head, but will def checkout the sessions in queens at some point.
    Currently playing: I wish. gotta work son

psn/xbl: JoBronze

Brooklyn Bitchezzz
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jul-16-2011-jul-16th-sos-gamers-presents-fight-for-a-cause-new-york-ny.138476/

this is an event me and my group is running and it's a really great spot and its this saturday.
    i was at the break for the free ticket to EVO event and the stop and the food is fucking great. is the next one tomorrow?
  • GuruPrimoGuruPrimo full screen spd Joined: Posts: 1,093
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jul-16-2011-jul-16th-sos-gamers-presents-fight-for-a-cause-new-york-ny.138476/

this is an event me and my group is running and it's a really great spot and its this saturday.
    i was at the break for the free ticket to EVO event and the stop and the food is fucking great. is the next one tomorrow?

Yup tomorrow (wed 7/13). But check the link on meetup.com to see when other ones happen.
    "Why go through the frustration when people are just going to spam projectiles, uppercut when you jump, and block all of your attacks, but are still out of range to throw? "
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/aug-5-2011-skillionaire-fighting-3-mark-of-the-skillennium-cvs2-x-vsav-brooklyn-ny.141662/

CAPCOM VS SNK 2 and VAMPIRE SAVIOR event happening again this FRIDAY. Drop by and say "what's up?" to your brother Brooklyn if you have the time. Shit may be super serious this wknd as it is the day before SF4AE SBO qualifiers and we may get a fair share of out-of-towners the night before. Also, ALPHA 2 may possibly be held as a side event for the eve. Stay tuned on http://twitter.com/#!/SKILLENNIUM for news on the event.
  • exsoldier2006exsoldier2006 BaconStripes!! Joined: Posts: 293
    I'm from Flushing Queens, If anyone have open session for PS3 please let me know. Maybe wanna meetup and head to next level and level up xDD I'm available. If anyone know any tournaments please let me know. Just hit me up on Facebook or PSN is at the bottom. I'm hoping to meet new players and train lol laterzz
    "Prince Vegeta ruler of all Saiyans!!"
  • detekniciandeteknician Fish Bar Zombie Joined: Posts: 367
    I'm in Sunnyside and I played with like half of the pot monsters in this thread already. I hope to start hosting at my house again soon. I'll keep everyone updated.
    - an option select is that thing krys does when he checks which bathroom to use at the fish market

this open to all NYC fighters. SOS Gamers is trying to help the community tomorrow with this event. Live DJ, alcohol, and food(not free but decent prices).
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.ph...-charity-tournament-dream-match-ny-ny.142173/
    hope to see you guys there.
  • ataconaziataconazi Joined: Posts: 599
    im in valley stream which is nassau, but im a minute from queens. any folks from jamaica, forest hills, rosedale, elmont, laurelton etc area?
    gt: Jailhouse