Queens, NY - A more local local.

Comments

• detekniciandeteknician Fish Bar Zombie Joined: Posts: 367
    Session = Godlike
    New people that showed up = 0

Queens players scare?
    - an option select is that thing krys does when he checks which bathroom to use at the fish market

• Pete68Pete68 takin u 2 grad skool Joined: Posts: 250
    Break Billiards is quite close to where I live (Midtown, 59th & 6th), but how about having sessions Not at the same time as Guard Crush??
    Zombief ---> MechaGief
  • ZeonLiveZeonLive Zeon Int. Joined: Posts: 62
    Sorry I couldn't attend last week, I had to work on wednesday though that's usually my day off. I should be able to attend the next one so long as I don't end up doing a swap at my job again.
    SFIV: Bison, Balrog
    SSFIV: Bison, Balrog
    SFxT: (Bison x Heihachi, Kazuya x Raven)
  • GuruPrimoGuruPrimo full screen spd Joined: Posts: 1,093
    Break Billiards is quite close to where I live (Midtown, 59th & 6th), but how about having sessions Not at the same time as Guard Crush??

Sounds good to me; unfortunately Wednesday is my only night that I can host. I will be more than happy to put you up as a meetup organizer if you want to host at Break on Mondays or Tuesdays. Alternately if anyone can bring in a laptop with HDMI out we can hook up and show the stream.
    "Why go through the frustration when people are just going to spam projectiles, uppercut when you jump, and block all of your attacks, but are still out of range to throw? "
  • samurai bebopsamurai bebop Joined: Posts: 233
    So does anyone know any fighters going to St. Johns University?
    @commanderpepper on Twitter.
  • str[e]akstr[e]ak Friendly Neighborhood Sneaker Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,885
    So does anyone know any fighters going to St. Johns University?
    I live right by St. John's actually.
    I enter tournaments as Real Life Bonus Stage:
    Twitter: @eddyRLBS
    YouTube: akaRLBS
    Twitch: sneakerninja

I live right by St. John's actually.
    Are there any good or decent places I can go to play that are like in walking distance from St. John's?
  • str[e]akstr[e]ak Friendly Neighborhood Sneaker Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,885
    Are there any good or decent places I can go to play that are like in walking distance from St. John's?
    Sadly, I don't think there is. Your best bet is the bi-weekly sessions at Break Billiards. You can find the rest of the info in the thread.

I'd host casual sessions at my place, but I'm currently living with my parents. So, that's really not going to happen.
    I enter tournaments as Real Life Bonus Stage:
    Twitter: @eddyRLBS
    YouTube: akaRLBS
    Twitch: sneakerninja

Sadly, I don't think there is. Your best bet is the bi-weekly sessions at Break Billiards. You can find the rest of the info in the thread.

I'd host casual sessions at my place, but I'm currently living with my parents. So, that's really not going to happen.
    Thats like a 50 min travel from St Johns. I'm gonna try and see if I can go to Next Level this monday though.
  • GGbeastGGbeast Joined: Posts: 1
    I'm looking to host some causal mvc3 action in preparation for ultimate and eventually a small tourney scene, i live walking distance of queens college and st.Johns. I'm not against playing sf4 but its not my focus right now, i wanna get into streaming the events but i don't have any idea where to start. I do live at home with parents but that shouldn't be a problem. I have been to next level and break billiards and plan on going back to NL when Ultimate tourneys start taking place. If u interested in participating let me know.
    "Swag? BasedGod Swag?" Who put that on the teleprompter, everyone knows Jaha will read exactly whats on the prompt gosh darn it.
  • BoxersBoxers Joined: Posts: 1
    I'm looking to host some causal mvc3 action in preparation for ultimate and eventually a small tourney scene, i live walking distance of queens college and st.Johns. I'm not against playing sf4 but its not my focus right now, i wanna get into streaming the events but i don't have any idea where to start. I do live at home with parents but that shouldn't be a problem. I have been to next level and break billiards and plan on going back to NL when Ultimate tourneys start taking place. If u interested in participating let me know.
    I'm down for casuals, and I live near St. Johns also.
    AE at BREAK in Astoria tomorrow, Wednesday 19th. Follow the link by Reipin Pillage.
    - an option select is that thing krys does when he checks which bathroom to use at the fish market

• Reipin PillageReipin Pillage Lover of thigh highs Joined: Posts: 2,826
    Had a good tournout last night and that was with the rain. Good to see lots of new people.
    "L.RH to your soapbox" - Sosage
  • Gr0wTesKGr0wTesK Joined: Posts: 77
    Man this thread moves slow, only one page added since I posted back in June. I'm moving from chicago to Astoria next week so I'll be looking forward to getting down with yall out there
    Thread moves slowly indeed. We post most sessions privately or on Meetup.com just because it is easy and clean to rsvp and see maps and such. Session last Wednesday was fun but not posted here because sometimes SRK just doesn't like Chrome it seems and I don't check it much outside of work. But anyways, let us know when you get to Astoria and we will get something going.
    "Why go through the frustration when people are just going to spam projectiles, uppercut when you jump, and block all of your attacks, but are still out of range to throw? "
  • Gr0wTesKGr0wTesK Joined: Posts: 77
    I'm out here now. I'm working until like 10:30 every night, how late do your meet ups usually run? I walk past Break every day on my way to my gig
    Usually stay till around midnight.

We'll be playing at BREAK in Astoria this Wednesday, 7th. 7pm-12pm.

More info on the meetup page:
    http://www.meetup.com/The-PS3-and-XBox-360-Gaming-Meetup-Group/

edit: We got 6 free guys, it would be great to get 2 more at least

• Kreative MenteKreative Mente GamerTag: Kreative Mente Joined: Posts: 590
    I think I might go to this. Im from Ozone Park. I usually can probably make it out there at like 8ish from work. Hopefully this is still going down.

QUEENS WHERE YALL AT!
    Mika/Ibuki (One Day) - Orchid/Everyone Else - Nova/Spencer/Doom
    Youtube: cg219 | Follow Me @KreativeMente
    "this Wednesday, 7th" - it already happened, was a decent turnout and we had a few new players. GGs all around.

• the jim dandythe jim dandy Joined: Posts: 14
    This still happening? GF would kill me, but I need an excuse and I'm tired of playing laggy team trenchcoats online. I'm in woodside.
    This still happening? GF would kill me, but I need an excuse and I'm tired of playing laggy team trenchcoats online. I'm in woodside.

On the meetup page it said it should be starting back up again this weds or next weds. THey took a break for the holidays.

http://www.meetup.com/The-PS3-and-XBox-360-Gaming-Meetup-Group/events/43201422/
    Yeah we should be doing it 1/18 at Break in Astoria. I moved last weekend and just have too much unpacking and stuff to do this week to host. If you guys register on the meetup page you can post any equipment you can bring to reduce the amount I have to haul. Like if someone can bring an Xbox it makes it easier for me to haul my Asus.
  • damusdamus who will be left standing when the dust clears Joined: Posts: 701
    MVC3: Trish, Hulk, Robot
    Tekken: Dragonuv
    SSFIVAE: Sim
    BBCS: Taokaka
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    We'll be playing at BREAK in Astoria this Wednesday, Jan 18th. 7pm-12pm.

More info on the meetup page:
    http://www.meetup.com/The-PS3-and-XBox-360-Gaming-Meetup-Group/

• DaFeetLeeDaFeetLee WOW Joined: Posts: 1,691
    I'll be there this Wednesday ^^
    Twitter: @DaFeetLee || Twitch channel || NY FGC
    FG Blog || Youtube
    I'll be there this Wednesday ^^
    Nice, you still using Cody? That Mak vs Cody fight was fun.
    Nice, you still using Cody? That Mak vs Cody fight was fun.

Yeah I main Cammy/Cody now.
    FG Blog || Youtube
  • the jim dandythe jim dandy Joined: Posts: 14
    This happening tonight?
    Was alot of fun last meet up. Will Definitely go again. Shoutouts to Reese' Trish
  • mikey2174mikey2174 Joined: Posts: 22
    Link's broken. Meetup happening this wednesday?
    XBL: Hzardous (UMvC3/SCV)
    PSN: bakilade (SSF4:AE/SFxT)
    Currently representing all Yoshimitsu players from around the world.Yes, all 4 for them.
    Striving to prove that this guy ^^ is NOT bottom tier.
  • damusdamus who will be left standing when the dust clears Joined: Posts: 701
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jun-23-2012-dustbowl-4-put-up-or-shut-up-umvc3-ae2012-sfxt-scv-syracuse-ny-syracuse-ny.158029/

venue and date change.. no longer falls on the same weekend as CEO
    and the even might be streamed
    MVC3: Trish, Hulk, Robot
    Tekken: Dragonuv
    SSFIVAE: Sim
    BBCS: Taokaka
    Link's broken. Meetup happening this wednesday?

We switched from meetup.com to a facebook group since that's free.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/403434036336898/

No meetup at BREAK tomorrow, they have some kind of special event. Monday Night Mashfest on the 16th by Times Square and probably next Wednesday we'll do BREAK.

• mrmarkrobsonmrmarkrobson tk421 do you copy? Joined: Posts: 84
    whats up queens;
    I designed a shirt and it was suggested i share it here

I will be selling it locally first..preorders are being taken between now and the last friday in april; and printing takes 1-2 weeks
    http://mrmarkrobson.com/keep-calm/
    all (S, M, L, XL) shirts are $20 (+$1 if you go through paypal when i set it up); printed in brooklyn on american apparel shirts
    2X and 3X are available but I have to see about the price and will get back

cash in person and delivered in person at NL or 8bit in manhattan or break astoria sessions—im doing this to keep the cost down for the local scene as when i open it up i will have to charge shipping

models.jpg

feel free to email me or reply here if you are interested or have questions; ill confirm here if i am making out to a break session and if there is interest!
    TK421 why aren't you at your post? TK421 do you copy?!
  • RenegadeRenegade Joined: Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Civil War 4! 3 days left for special room rates at Comfort Inn! Call (804) 359-4061 to reserve today! Limited supply available!

Also 11 DAYS until Pre-Reg rates go up to 40$! Register now!
    http://www.RVAtournaments.com/CivilWar
    http://rvatournaments.com/

Your one stop shop for RVA, Virginia, and East Coast Fighting game news and tournament updates.

We're doing BREAK in Astoria tomorrow Wednesday the 25th. 7pm till midnight. AE2012 and SFxT.
    Free Foosball and Pool before 8pm with any food or drink purchase.

https://www.facebook.com/events/238148122959676/

• ZensoukenZensouken Ouroboros = Chips Ahoy! Joined: Posts: 1,291
    BREAK

I sent a request to be added to the facebook group. A buddy and myself are pretty close to BREAK so I'll ask him if wants to join in. Do you normally use 360's or PS3's?
    Stridering since 1998; I play pragmatic and dirty. You will eat pringles and hate me for it.
    PSN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    CFN IDs: "superschure" [USA] / "suupaashaa" [JPN]
    3DS FC: "1564-4856-0905"
    superschure.com
    GG to all who showed up.
    Zensouken: I didn't catch the name of your friend, the Cody player. We hope to do more BREAK sessions, hope you come by!

• Poe22222Poe22222 Raging Flower Child Joined: Posts: 706
    gdlk shirt

LOVE this shirt. Not sure if we know each other yet "IRL," but hopefully I can get one from you at Next Level sometime (I'm going tonight). Also, swinging by 8-bit would be easy for me. Also, I need to check more often for events at 8-bit.
    Up-Your-Game.com - Participate in nightly streams - FREE online tournaments - Interviews - Meet solid and top players with good vibes who want everybody to level up - av by Tat guy - Be Here Now
    GG to all who showed up.
    Zensouken: I didn't catch the name of your friend, the Cody player. We hope to do more BREAK sessions, hope you come by!

Oh, I didn't make it this week, got a little too busy. I'm not certain which friend you're describing though; I know a buddy of mine was out that night but I'm not certain he was at BREAK.
    Stridering since 1998; I play pragmatic and dirty. You will eat pringles and hate me for it.
    superschure.com
  • Zee Tee BeeZee Tee Bee Br0k3яZ Revanche Joined: Posts: 1,008
    Queen$, where you at? Come say "what's up" to your brother Brooklyn.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jun-22-2012-skillionaire-fighting-grand-prix-de-skillionnaires-cvs2-vsav-sfa2-brooklyn-ny.159983/

We're running back $KILLIONAIRE FIGHTING again this year but there will only be FOUR EVENTS in the span of 3 mths. This will be a summer event so if you're into classics like CVS2, Vampire Savior, and Alpha 2, you definitely do not want to miss out on this.
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
    **Team Grain of Salt** 7/11
    We're doing BREAK in Astoria tomorrow Wednesday the 9th. 7pm till midnight. AE2012 and SFxT.

https://www.facebook.com/events/228557940586095/

Also if you subscribe to the FB group you'll get updates faster on BREAK and on Mashfest monday meetups/tournament.

We're doing BREAK in Astoria next Wednesday, May 23rd. 7pm till midnight. AE2012 and SFxT.

Break Bar and Billiards 32-04 Broadway (one block from the N train | 15 mins from Grand Central)

Also if you subscribe to the FB group you'll get updates faster on BREAK and on Mashfest monday meetups/tournament.

• DamascusDamascus Fraud Joined: Posts: 1,324
    Hi Queens people!

For those who haven't seen me yet on these forums, I'm Damascus, French, and I just arrived to New York, gonna live here for (at least) 18 months. I used to live in Paris and I really liked to organize offline sessions at home with the French community, so I'm obviously gonna do the same thing now that I'm here.

I live in Astoria, just 2 blocks away from the subway stop Astoria - Ditmars Boulevard (last stop for N and Q lines)

Now that I'm perfectly settled in, got a 1BR, a TV and TEH STREET FIGHTER IV, I'm trying to meet people who'd be interested in coming over for an offline session. I can host 3 or 4 players (so counting me, we can be max 5, I don't have more chairs, and I also live in a quiet neighborhood so I don't want my cute neighbor to hear our continuous mashing :D )

So who in this forum would be interested in coming over for an offline session? I'm hesitating between organizing it on Friday or Saturday. I'd actually prefer saturday because 1/ we can start earlier and 2/ that'd allow me to go to the gym on Friday, but if people are more motivated to play on Friday, I'll probably go for Fridays.

What games do we play?
    - SSFIV Arcade Edition: which is my main game, I only play the other games at a very casual level. I play a pretty decent Ibuki, and I suck with all other characters but I'm trying to find an alt
    - KOF XIII : God I LOVE this game. But I play like shit. If you do play like shit, just join me
    - Street Fighter X Tekken: I don't have it yet (will receive it soon), I didn't like the game that much but 2v2 are cool, and I've trained enough to have a not-that-low level
    - UMvC3: just to troll around with Deadpool. I actually don't like the game that much, it's just imho fun at low level, so if you're a big UMvC3 enthusiast you may get bored quickly
    - Soul Calibur V: Kinda like it but I've never hit the training mode.
    - Super Street Fighter 2THD & Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting : just in case of extreme nostalgy

I have one Qanba stick at home so you better bring yours

Oh, I play on Xbox 360 BTW. I also have AE PC on my laptop but I usually don't play it (input lag/no input lag just kills me)

So you probably understood that I'm willing to organize mostly Street Fighter IV sessions, and we'll also probably play a little bit of the other games :)

So if any of you guys is interested, just post here or PM me!

I'd like to organize my first session this Friday or Saturday (May 25 or 26 )

I'll also be at Next Level for Big Two tomorrow if you want to meet me!

See you soon!
    Twitter: @zDamascus -- Follow me!
    SSFIV: Ibuki, training a Sakura, and messing around with Evil Ryu, Cody and Yang
    Nice, welcome! I'd like to join, I'm always down to play. I don't have much Ibuki experience cause no one in my group plays her so I'd love some offline games.
    I can't make Friday but can probably do Saturday. I can bring SFxT and a stick.

Also, if you wanna meet me and some other people from Queens come by this Wednesday the 23rd to BREAK in Astoria, (the post above yours). We're there till midnight.

• DamascusDamascus Fraud Joined: Posts: 1,324
    Nice to know, I'll be at Big Two tomorrow, but I'll try to come another Wednesday, when I'll be tired of doing a 1h30 travel just to play Street Fighter =)
    Twitter: @zDamascus -- Follow me!
    SSFIV: Ibuki, training a Sakura, and messing around with Evil Ryu, Cody and Yang
    Ooooo I'm down for Saturdays :D
    FG Blog || Youtube
    Christ on a cracker I just traded in my 360 for a PS3, if the PS360+ ever releases I'll be in on this.
    superschure.com
  • mikey2174mikey2174 Joined: Posts: 22
    We're doing BREAK in Astoria next Wednesday, May 23rd. 7pm till midnight. AE2012 and SFxT.

Break Bar and Billiards 32-04 Broadway (one block from the N train | 15 mins from Grand Central)

I'm there! What systems do they use? PS3 or 360?
    XBL: Hzardous (UMvC3/SCV)
    PSN: bakilade (SSF4:AE/SFxT)
    Currently representing all Yoshimitsu players from around the world.Yes, all 4 for them.
    Striving to prove that this guy ^^ is NOT bottom tier.
    I'm there! What systems do they use? PS3 or 360?

Both.