Queens, NY - A more local local.

Comments

• ZeonLiveZeonLive Zeon Int. Joined: Posts: 64
    I live in Jamaica, Queens and if people want to get together or some sessions I'd definitely be down.Or if i the mean time people want to do some Group online sessions my gamertag is ZeonLive. I also usually make it out to Guard Crush when they have there singles tournaments.
    SFIV: Bison, Balrog
    SSFIV: Bison, Balrog
    SFxT: (Bison x Heihachi, Kazuya x Raven)
  • Reipin PillageReipin Pillage Lover of thigh highs Joined: Posts: 2,826
    im in valley stream which is nassau, but im a minute from queens. any folks from jamaica, forest hills, rosedale, elmont, laurelton etc area?
    I live in Jamaica, Queens and if people want to get together or some sessions I'd definitely be down.Or if i the mean time people want to do some Group online sessions my gamertag is ZeonLive. I also usually make it out to Guard Crush when they have there singles tournaments.

We do sessions @ Break Billiards in Astoria. That's probably the closest to us. Occasionally I will go to the Next Level in Brooklyn and ask if anyone from Queens needs a ride.

I myself live in Forest Hills and have people over sometimes as well. As I said before though, nothing personal, but you aren't coming over if you are 16, though you are welcome to come to the public sessions.

If you guys are serious about wanting to do offline sessions the best advice I can give you is to show up for a public session and meet the people who play there regularly. I know for me personally, I'm not big on inviting people I've never met before into my home. So if you want to get in on the home sessions you are probably going to have to put a bit of effort in and make it out to the public sessions first.
    "L.RH to your soapbox" - Sosage
  • str[e]akstr[e]ak Friendly Neighborhood Sneaker Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,885
    I'll try to make it to some of these sessions once I have some free time.
    I enter tournaments as Real Life Bonus Stage:
    Twitter: @eddyRLBS
    YouTube: akaRLBS
    Twitch: sneakerninja

• Ivan GomezIvan Gomez Joined: Posts: 3
    We do sessions @ Break Billiards in Astoria. That's probably the closest to us. Occasionally I will go to the Next Level in Brooklyn and ask if anyone from Queens needs a ride.

I myself live in Forest Hills and have people over sometimes as well. As I said before though, nothing personal, but you aren't coming over if you are 16, though you are welcome to come to the public sessions.

If you guys are serious about wanting to do offline sessions the best advice I can give you is to show up for a public session and meet the people who play there regularly. I know for me personally, I'm not big on inviting people I've never met before into my home. So if you want to get in on the home sessions you are probably going to have to put a bit of effort in and make it out to the public sessions first.

when do these sessions usually happen

Wednesdays at 6:30/7 at Break Billiards in Astoria. Usually alternates every other week or so. Think there is one next week.

You can join this for when they post the meetups: http://www.meetup.com/The-PS3-and-XBox-360-Gaming-Meetup-Group/
  • ataconaziataconazi Joined: Posts: 599
    ah comeon man im 22 :o

yo eddy!
    we should def hit that up yeah
    gt: Jailhouse
    I'm definitely open to going out to meetups. I signed up to the meetup website I'm looking forward to any future events they setup. I'm 24 btw if that was a concern.
    I think there is definitely a meetup at break billiards on Wednesday Sept 21st.
  • GuruPrimoGuruPrimo full screen spd Joined: Posts: 1,093
    Wednesday 9/21 we will have it at Break billiards per meetup

And you guys can bring pads but I will have a stopwatch and if that shit goes over 1 minute to switch you are buying people beer. I may or may not be joking.
    "Why go through the frustration when people are just going to spam projectiles, uppercut when you jump, and block all of your attacks, but are still out of range to throw? "
    I'm from Flushing Queens, If anyone have open session for PS3 please let me know. Maybe wanna meetup and head to next level and level up xDD I'm available. If anyone know any tournaments please let me know. Just hit me up on Facebook or PSN is at the bottom. I'm hoping to meet new players and train lol laterzz
    I'm definitely open to going out to meetups. I signed up to the meetup website I'm looking forward to any future events they setup. I'm 24 btw if that was a concern.
    ah comeon man im 22 :eek:

yo eddy!
    we should def hit that up yeah

Tomorrow (Wednesday) @ Break Billiards @ 7PM
  • detekniciandeteknician Fish Bar Zombie Joined: Posts: 367
    Session = Godlike
    New people that showed up = 0

Queens players scare?
    - an option select is that thing krys does when he checks which bathroom to use at the fish market

• Pete68Pete68 takin u 2 grad skool Joined: Posts: 250
    Break Billiards is quite close to where I live (Midtown, 59th & 6th), but how about having sessions Not at the same time as Guard Crush??
    Zombief ---> MechaGief
    Sorry I couldn't attend last week, I had to work on wednesday though that's usually my day off. I should be able to attend the next one so long as I don't end up doing a swap at my job again.
    Break Billiards is quite close to where I live (Midtown, 59th & 6th), but how about having sessions Not at the same time as Guard Crush??

Sounds good to me; unfortunately Wednesday is my only night that I can host. I will be more than happy to put you up as a meetup organizer if you want to host at Break on Mondays or Tuesdays. Alternately if anyone can bring in a laptop with HDMI out we can hook up and show the stream.
    "Why go through the frustration when people are just going to spam projectiles, uppercut when you jump, and block all of your attacks, but are still out of range to throw? "
  • samurai bebopsamurai bebop Joined: Posts: 233
    So does anyone know any fighters going to St. Johns University?
    @commanderpepper on Twitter.
    So does anyone know any fighters going to St. Johns University?
    I live right by St. John's actually.

I live right by St. John's actually.
    Are there any good or decent places I can go to play that are like in walking distance from St. John's?
    Are there any good or decent places I can go to play that are like in walking distance from St. John's?
    Sadly, I don't think there is. Your best bet is the bi-weekly sessions at Break Billiards. You can find the rest of the info in the thread.

I'd host casual sessions at my place, but I'm currently living with my parents. So, that's really not going to happen.

Sadly, I don't think there is. Your best bet is the bi-weekly sessions at Break Billiards. You can find the rest of the info in the thread.

I'd host casual sessions at my place, but I'm currently living with my parents. So, that's really not going to happen.
    Thats like a 50 min travel from St Johns. I'm gonna try and see if I can go to Next Level this monday though.
  • GGbeastGGbeast Joined: Posts: 1
    I'm looking to host some causal mvc3 action in preparation for ultimate and eventually a small tourney scene, i live walking distance of queens college and st.Johns. I'm not against playing sf4 but its not my focus right now, i wanna get into streaming the events but i don't have any idea where to start. I do live at home with parents but that shouldn't be a problem. I have been to next level and break billiards and plan on going back to NL when Ultimate tourneys start taking place. If u interested in participating let me know.
    "Swag? BasedGod Swag?" Who put that on the teleprompter, everyone knows Jaha will read exactly whats on the prompt gosh darn it.
  • BoxersBoxers Joined: Posts: 1
    I'm looking to host some causal mvc3 action in preparation for ultimate and eventually a small tourney scene, i live walking distance of queens college and st.Johns. I'm not against playing sf4 but its not my focus right now, i wanna get into streaming the events but i don't have any idea where to start. I do live at home with parents but that shouldn't be a problem. I have been to next level and break billiards and plan on going back to NL when Ultimate tourneys start taking place. If u interested in participating let me know.
    I'm down for casuals, and I live near St. Johns also.
    AE at BREAK in Astoria tomorrow, Wednesday 19th. Follow the link by Reipin Pillage.
    - an option select is that thing krys does when he checks which bathroom to use at the fish market

Had a good tournout last night and that was with the rain. Good to see lots of new people.
  • Gr0wTesKGr0wTesK Joined: Posts: 77
    Man this thread moves slow, only one page added since I posted back in June. I'm moving from chicago to Astoria next week so I'll be looking forward to getting down with yall out there
    Thread moves slowly indeed. We post most sessions privately or on Meetup.com just because it is easy and clean to rsvp and see maps and such. Session last Wednesday was fun but not posted here because sometimes SRK just doesn't like Chrome it seems and I don't check it much outside of work. But anyways, let us know when you get to Astoria and we will get something going.
  • Gr0wTesKGr0wTesK Joined: Posts: 77
    I'm out here now. I'm working until like 10:30 every night, how late do your meet ups usually run? I walk past Break every day on my way to my gig
    Usually stay till around midnight.

We'll be playing at BREAK in Astoria this Wednesday, 7th. 7pm-12pm.

More info on the meetup page:
    http://www.meetup.com/The-PS3-and-XBox-360-Gaming-Meetup-Group/

edit: We got 6 free guys, it would be great to get 2 more at least

• Kreative MenteKreative Mente GamerTag: Kreative Mente Joined: Posts: 590
    I think I might go to this. Im from Ozone Park. I usually can probably make it out there at like 8ish from work. Hopefully this is still going down.

QUEENS WHERE YALL AT!
    Mika/Ibuki (One Day) - Orchid/Everyone Else - Nova/Spencer/Doom
    Youtube: cg219 | Follow Me @KreativeMente
    "this Wednesday, 7th" - it already happened, was a decent turnout and we had a few new players. GGs all around.

• the jim dandythe jim dandy Joined: Posts: 14
    This still happening? GF would kill me, but I need an excuse and I'm tired of playing laggy team trenchcoats online. I'm in woodside.
    This still happening? GF would kill me, but I need an excuse and I'm tired of playing laggy team trenchcoats online. I'm in woodside.

On the meetup page it said it should be starting back up again this weds or next weds. THey took a break for the holidays.

http://www.meetup.com/The-PS3-and-XBox-360-Gaming-Meetup-Group/events/43201422/
    Yeah we should be doing it 1/18 at Break in Astoria. I moved last weekend and just have too much unpacking and stuff to do this week to host. If you guys register on the meetup page you can post any equipment you can bring to reduce the amount I have to haul. Like if someone can bring an Xbox it makes it easier for me to haul my Asus.
  • damusdamus who will be left standing when the dust clears Joined: Posts: 701
    MVC3: Trish, Hulk, Robot
    Tekken: Dragonuv
    SSFIVAE: Sim
    BBCS: Taokaka
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    We'll be playing at BREAK in Astoria this Wednesday, Jan 18th. 7pm-12pm.

More info on the meetup page:
    http://www.meetup.com/The-PS3-and-XBox-360-Gaming-Meetup-Group/

• DaFeetLeeDaFeetLee WOW Joined: Posts: 1,691
    I'll be there this Wednesday ^^
    Twitter: @DaFeetLee || Twitch channel || NY FGC
    FG Blog || Youtube
    I'll be there this Wednesday ^^
    Nice, you still using Cody? That Mak vs Cody fight was fun.
  • DaFeetLeeDaFeetLee WOW Joined: Posts: 1,691
    Nice, you still using Cody? That Mak vs Cody fight was fun.

Yeah I main Cammy/Cody now.
    Twitter: @DaFeetLee || Twitch channel || NY FGC
    FG Blog || Youtube
  • the jim dandythe jim dandy Joined: Posts: 14
    This happening tonight?
    Was alot of fun last meet up. Will Definitely go again. Shoutouts to Reese' Trish