Queens, NY - A more local local.

Comments

• DamascusDamascus Fraud Joined: Posts: 1,324
    Yo guys,

I'm hosting a session at my place on Saturday evening, should start at 6PM, I live next to the Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard station. We will mostly play SSFIVAE although I also have Persona4 and would like to get better with it.
    I already got two guys coming, I can have one or two more if anyone is interested. We are trying to set up a SSFIVAE group motivated to level up so we can play all together and improve day after day =)
    Twitter: @zDamascus -- Follow me!
    SSFIV: Ibuki, training a Sakura, and messing around with Evil Ryu, Cody and Yang
  • NB2NB2 Joined: Posts: 191
    Yo guys,

I'm hosting a session at my place on Saturday evening, should start at 6PM, I live next to the Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard station. We will mostly play SSFIVAE although I also have Persona4 and would like to get better with it.
    I already got two guys coming, I can have one or two more if anyone is interested. We are trying to set up a SSFIVAE group motivated to level up so we can play all together and improve day after day =)

I'll come through. I'm garbage at SF4 right now, but I'll get it in.
  • EckostyleEckostyle Those were some desperate dudes! Joined: Posts: 932
    What console?
    http://www.twitch.tv/pajamagamerct - The PajamaGamer Livestream - HMU if you wish to play SFV and be broadcast.
  • NB2NB2 Joined: Posts: 191
    What console?
  • EckostyleEckostyle Those were some desperate dudes! Joined: Posts: 932
    Do we need to bring sticks top your meetup? My EX2 is on Its last legs.
    http://www.twitch.tv/pajamagamerct - The PajamaGamer Livestream - HMU if you wish to play SFV and be broadcast.
  • TherafluprintsTherafluprints Joined: Posts: 38
    Yo guys,

I might be interested, I'm not super amazing at either, but I'm always looking for some sessions. pm me some way to contact you!
    Hey guys. So sorry I didn't come on this thread earlier to notify you, but I already have 2 other guys coming, which means I'm full for tomorrow.

But I'm aiming at hosting one session every Saturday evening (unless I have guests at my place, which was the case all summer long lol), so stay tuned for next Saturday! No level restriction anyway. I am just aiming at improving my game, and playing offline with a variety of motivated players is just the best thing to do =)
    SSFIV: Ibuki, training a Sakura, and messing around with Evil Ryu, Cody and Yang
    Back on track, somebody cancelled, I have one more spot for tonight's session, who's in? PM me if you are interested =)
  • Chief RekkaChief Rekka "Don't Think; Feel" Joined: Posts: 330
    Back on track, somebody cancelled, I have one more spot for tonight's session, who's in? PM me if you are interested =)

Are you doing another session anytime soon? If so, lemme know.
    "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once. I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"-Bruce Lee

Xbox Live: EB Chief Rekka
    Main: Fei Long Alt: Dee Jay
    Location: I'm the one who's reppin' Queens, way beyond your dreams.
    Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/reverendreg
    Twitter:Reggie_FTW

“"When the opponent expands, I contract, When he contracts, I expand, And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit-it hits all by itself."-Bruce Lee
  • detekniciandeteknician Fish Bar Zombie Joined: Posts: 367
    We're doing BREAK again tomorrow, Wednesday, September 26th.

We play SSF4 AE 2012 on one setup and something else on the other. Two setups (one xbox one PS3) with sticks will be provided. We will do best 2/3, and after 5 wins please let others play. We do the 5 win rule so the newer players don't have to keep playing against the same person over and over.
    Free Pool and Foosball with any food or drink until 8 pm if you decide to show up early. They do have drink specials. If you are going to attend, please order something to support the venue for allowing us to use their space. It's ok to come late. We usually stay till around 12am.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/420701401316130/
    - an option select is that thing krys does when he checks which bathroom to use at the fish market

We're doing BREAK again tomorrow, Wednesday, October 17th,.

We play SSF4 AE 2012 on one setup and something else on the other. Two setups (one xbox one PS3) with sticks will be provided. We will do best 2/3, and after 5 wins please let others play. We do the 5 win rule so the newer players don't have to keep playing against the same person over and over.
    Free Pool and Foosball with any food or drink until 8 pm if you decide to show up early. They do have drink specials. If you are going to attend, please order something to support the venue for allowing us to use their space. It's ok to come late. We usually stay till around 12am.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/290610837712375/
    - an option select is that thing krys does when he checks which bathroom to use at the fish market

We didn't have BREAK this week because of personal issues. I'm hosting at Home this Friday after work, 6/7pm till whenever we feel like. If I met you before shoot me a message if you want to come down for some games, beers, etc. We focus mostly on SF4 AE2012.

* heads up, I will ask you to take your shoes off so wear socks or something. ;)

We didn't have BREAK this week because of personal issues. I'm hosting at Home this Friday after work, 6/7pm till whenever we feel like. If I met you before shoot me a message if you want to come down for some games, beers, etc. We focus mostly on SF4 AE2012.

* heads up, I will ask you to take your shoes off so wear socks or something. ;)

PM your address. I think I can make that. If not, I'll let you know.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once. I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"-Bruce Lee

“"When the opponent expands, I contract, When he contracts, I expand, And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit-it hits all by itself."-Bruce Lee
  • DK15DK15 Joined: Posts: 91
    Same if you dont mind would love to make it out^
    We're doing BREAK again tomorrow, Wednesday, December 19th.

We mostly play AE2012. We will do best 2/3, and after 5 wins please let others play. We do the 5 win rule so the newer players don't have to keep playing against the same person over and over.

• El SlothEl Sloth Joined: Posts: 14
    Are any of the events posted in this thread still ongoing? Any new events/sessions?

I know that a group gets together to play AE, Marvel, etc. at the Queens College campus in the Student Union basement on thursdays (well, the Sci Fi club dudes are there everyday). It's a small cramped little room and, consequently, is very prone to smelling less than nice, but the dudes are cool and hey it's a place to play locally.
    Are any of the events posted in this thread still ongoing? Any new events/sessions?

I know that a group gets together to play AE, Marvel, etc. at the Queens College campus in the Student Union basement on thursdays (well, the Sci Fi club dudes are there everyday). It's a small cramped little room and, consequently, is very prone to smelling less than nice, but the dudes are cool and hey it's a place to play locally.

I go to QC and never heard of that. I gotta check it out.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• El SlothEl Sloth Joined: Posts: 14
    I go to QC and never heard of that. I gotta check it out.
    Look for room LL22 in the SU basement. Take the stairs that lead down to the bookstore, walk past the bag check on the left and then make a right once you're in the hallway with all the different club and organization rooms. It's all the way in the far back you can't miss it.

There are pretty much people in there playing Mon-Fri, although, not always fighting games.
    BREAK has been on a small hiatus over the holiday season but we'll start running it again next week.

• Summoner HansSummoner Hans JELLY CUBE! Joined: Posts: 564
    I just moved back to queens yesterday. I have no console here (its a cold world without games) and would really like to find some people to grind out marvel and AE with. Just going to next level every week isn't enough to improve quickly. Plus its so far away from queens.

Is there anyone really interested in setting up some sort of consistent place for people in and around queens to play some capcom fighters?
    tag: Nd Khakis
    UMVC3: Taskington/Doom/Ammy
    Smash 4: Mario

• KrisppyKrisppy Joined: Posts: 155
    Anyone in flushing have a real late night schedule and wanna play at a 24 hour internet cafe late nights? Message me!
  • KrisppyKrisppy Joined: Posts: 155
    Marvel session, maybe ae tonight starting at 6 in flushing queens at an internet cafe named cybercraft. Not sure how many will see this since its short notice but just hit me up if you have questions or just show up if you wanna play! Its 4 dollars an hour, google directions, bring a stick, xbox for marvel, pc for ae.
  • ShutupmanShutupman Stunnanomics 101 in Session! Joined: Posts: 165
    <--From Astoria, travels to tourneys, but can't head to NXT LVL due to work (won't let me go Wed. since I'm only free via weekends). However, I see the stuff that goes on.

Anywho, 3S, KOF, VSAV, AND TMTN:TF is on my list. Shoutouts to the old BK lab heads- ZTB and the rest. Will be headin to BK in July just for kicks and what not.

Otherwise, long live Skillions O. Dollarz.

-AntiShoto-
    "You fight, you live. You lose, you die!"- Gen, SA2
  • BizzyBumBizzyBum Joined: Posts: 200
    Bumping this thread to see if anyone still holds sessions, move out here recently.
  • InfiniteKingInfiniteKing Joined: Posts: 1
    Anyone know if Break Billiard is still doing any kind of sessions? Down for UMVC3 or AE. In queens, would love to be able to hit up a shedding session.
  • dumba989dumba989 Dai-Enjou!!!! Joined: Posts: 906
    For anyone's that interested in attending one of our KOF sessions, PM me
    "See, the problem is that you guys play Street Fighter solely for tournaments and competition with other players, but that is only one small aspect of fighting games."
    ~Playcircus
    "I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
    -Anony on Sankaku
    KOF XIII Team St1ckbug's monthly tournament is tomorrow starting at 2PM, same venue as Battle Circuit but $5 to enter, if you play or know people that play please tell them to show up & enter
    "See, the problem is that you guys play Street Fighter solely for tournaments and competition with other players, but that is only one small aspect of fighting games."
    ~Playcircus
    "I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
    -Anony on Sankaku
    I just moved back to Laurelton & I play KOFXIII/MB/AE2012 & am looking to host sessions on non-tournament/working weekends, if this interest you reply back or PM me.
    ~Playcircus
    -Anony on Sankaku
    Hosting a session today for KOF/MB at my crib starting @ 4PM in Laurelton, Queens, NY
    PM me for the address
    ~Playcircus
    -Anony on Sankaku
  • Young NavigatorYoung Navigator Joined: Posts: 14
    We're starting a new weekly casual session at Queens College every Monday Night from 7:30pm until 10:30pm. Information is listed below, check the event's Facebook page and RSVP!

https://www.facebook.com/events/221562218008295/
    Main Characters:
    Street Fighter x Tekken: Hugo/Abel (Guile/Abel)
    Super Street Fighter IV AE2012: Guile/Abel
    Virtua Fighter 5: Wolf Hawfield
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    edited October 2013
    For those interested in playing KOFXIII I plan on hosting a session one day a weekend (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) starting the weekend of October 18 in preparation for NEC XIV so if you want to come through reply or send me a PM. I'm located at Springfield Gardens, NY & play on Xbox 360 so if you're seriously wanting to learn the game or get better come through, I promise we won't bite.
    ~Playcircus
    -Anony on Sankaku
    In case no one got the memo or they haven't heard yet, Bum's upcoming KOFXIII tournament is Saturday (November 16, 2013) at the House of Crack. Check previous House of Crack Tournament threads for address, tournament rules, and other details

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/events/193093140879071/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming
    ~Playcircus
    -Anony on Sankaku
    Just throwing the word out here, I'm having a KOFXIII session on Thanksgiving Day at my house in Springfield Gardens pretty much all day. If you can make it cool, otherwise spare the "It's Thanksgiving reasons" because I know what day it is already. Here is the link to the event.
    ~Playcircus
    -Anony on Sankaku
    Going to NL to play CvS2 tomorrow
    ~Playcircus
    -Anony on Sankaku
  • YuriPaddleYuriPaddle Joined: Posts: 104
    Since this is a Queens post, anyone at Saint Johns University play AE2012, UMVC3 or Project M?

For anyone interested, I will be hosting a KOFXIII prep session for Defend the North at my house Thursday (1/09/2013) so if you want to come through, you're more than welcome to.
    ~Playcircus
    -Anony on Sankaku
    Good turnout at Mashfest last night, there were about 7-8 different people playing KOF. We're going to try to make this a permanent thing for every one of these events since it seems that people can make it there. The next one is January 27 so try to make it there for those interested in playing with people in Manhattan or in NY period.
    ~Playcircus
    -Anony on Sankaku
    A few people are going to Mashfest at Fashion 40 Lounge this Monday to play KOF, it starts at 6PM and ends at 10PM, $5 to get in and you have to be 21 or older to enter since it is a bar. Most of the guys who plan on playing are going to show up either exactly at 6PM or no later than 7PM so show up early otherwise you'll miss an opportunity to play with people in the city.
    ~Playcircus
    -Anony on Sankaku
    Very good turnout at Mashfest and I want to assume everyone that went had a pleasurable time as well. See everyone who's going at the next one two weeks from now (February 10, 2014)
    ~Playcircus
    -Anony on Sankaku
    edited June 2014
    As if anyone uses this thread but just in case, is anyone trying to play Ultra SFIV in the Springfield Gardens/Queens area today?
    ~Playcircus
    -Anony on Sankaku
  • Apache_TSFApache_TSF Joined: Posts: 2
    Nuez wrote: »
    What's up guys. I'm just curious if there's any Queens players in here that would be interested in having some offline session time in SF, MVC3, etc. It's not always possible for everyone to trek it out to a venue in NYC or in Brooklyn due to time restraints and RL responsibilities so maybe us locals can help each other out!

I'm currently looking for a local spot in Queens where we can have some casuals and improve our game. If anybody's interested post up or PM me.

Im in Laurelton, Queens. I play SFIV, UMVC3, Kof, tekken. Im not that adept, but im looking to get together with people too.
    If you're down lets meet up and play some offline matches. Im in a gaming team too, looking to get some good exp.
  • Apache_TSFApache_TSF Joined: Posts: 2
    ataconazi wrote: »
    im in valley stream which is nassau, but im a minute from queens. any folks from jamaica, forest hills, rosedale, elmont, laurelton etc area?

Laurelton here. marvinabsent@gmail.com
    edited July 2014
    I'm looking for more players around Sunnyside, Queens to play offline sessions. I host almost every other weekend and would like to get more people. You must be at least 21 years. Shoot me a pm if you're interested.
    Also, me and a friend used to host games at BREAK in Astoria every other week. I would like to start doing this again; I can bring an xbox+2sticks. Would anyone else be interested in co-hosting? Pm me.

• the jim dandythe jim dandy Joined: Posts: 14
    Where in Sunnyside?
    right next to the 46th ST-Bliss ST station

• theguy2687theguy2687 Joined: Posts: 43
    Hey. I just moved to Jackson Heights and would love to get some games in. I mostly play UMVC3 but am looking to pick up P4A and BlazBlue as well. Is there anything still happening in Queens?
    Gamertag: melloblack2
    PSN: theguy2687
  • citiofbrasscitiofbrass FKA koolaidsmile Joined: Posts: 1,175
    Hey guys, anyone thats still in queens and interested in playing USF4 offline, please visit this site here

https://www.facebook.com/events/1494537374151139/?notif_t=plan_user_joined
    I am now and will always be for the community!
    Follow me on Twitter: @citiofbrass .. youtube channel: citiofbrass .. teams youtube channel: teampienyc
  • kinggeedorahkinggeedorah Joined: Posts: 5
    Anyplace for casuals in queens?
  • kinggeedorahkinggeedorah Joined: Posts: 5
    Or anywhere in nyc?
  • feboogiefeboogie Joined: Posts: 1
    Are the Sunnyside meet ups still happening? I haven't played seriously in years and would like to get back into it. Mostly USFIV and KOFXIII. Any older crowd (25-35) get together to play in Queens?