Queens, NY - A more local local.

Comments

• Mahvelbaby24Mahvelbaby24 Joined: Posts: 4
    Wat game?
  • detekniciandeteknician Fish Bar Zombie Joined: Posts: 367
    Definitely one AE setup and either SFxT or UMVC3, probably Marvel though.
    - an option select is that thing krys does when he checks which bathroom to use at the fish market

• Zee Tee BeeZee Tee Bee Br0k3яZ Revanche Joined: Posts: 1,008
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jul-20-2012-skillionaire-fighting-2nd-heat-cvs2-vsav-a2-brooklyn-ny.162554/

Sup, Queens!?

The 2nd SKILLIONAIRE FIGHTING event of the summer is coming up at the end of the week. That's right, just two more days! Swing by Brooklyn and get it in on some Capcom classics!

Feature titles are: CVS2, Vampire Savior, and Street Fighter Alpha 2. While Super Turbo isn't part of the original line up, you guys can still come through knock dudes out in the granddaddy of FGs. Next Level's got ST on H2H cabinetssssss!
    "Regardless of what they knew and could do, the 360 d-pad undid them." - Book of Rioting Soul
    **Team Grain of Salt** 7/11
    This Wednesday July 25th at Break Billiards in Astoria
    We play SSF4 AE 2012 on one setup and something else on the other. Two setups (one xbox one PS3) with sticks will be provided. We will do best 2/3, and after 5 wins please let others play

Free Pool and Foosball with any food or drink until 8 pm if you decide to show up early. They do have drink specials. If you are going to attend, please order something to support the venue for allowing us to use their space. It's ok to come late. We usually stay till around 12am.

Break Bar and Billiards 32-04 Broadway (one block from the N train | 15 mins from Grand Central)
    - an option select is that thing krys does when he checks which bathroom to use at the fish market

• KrisppyKrisppy Joined: Posts: 155
    This Wednesday July 25th at Break Billiards in Astoria
    We play SSF4 AE 2012 on one setup and something else on the other. Two setups (one xbox one PS3) with sticks will be provided. We will do best 2/3, and after 5 wins please let others play
    Free Pool and Foosball with any food or drink until 8 pm if you decide to show up early. They do have drink specials. If you are going to attend, please order something to support the venue for allowing us to use their space. It's ok to come late. We usually stay till around 12am.

Break Bar and Billiards 32-04 Broadway (one block from the N train | 15 mins from Grand Central)
    what time does this start?
    7pm till about midnight so feel free to come late.

cool. i never been to one of these sessions but i think i'll check it out tonight.
  • EckostyleEckostyle Those were some desperate dudes! Joined: Posts: 932
    Are there any weekly meet-ups going on regularly?
    http://www.twitch.tv/pajamagamerct - The PajamaGamer Livestream - HMU if you wish to play SFV and be broadcast.
  • DamascusDamascus Fraud Joined: Posts: 1,324
    There are those BREAK sessions on Wednesday, and I also usually host one offline session at my place (Astoria - Ditmars) every Saturday. Hit me up if you're interested in coming in one of my sessions
    Twitter: @zDamascus -- Follow me!
    SSFIV: Ibuki, training a Sakura, and messing around with Evil Ryu, Cody and Yang
    Also, Break in Astoria is pretty much every other week. On the week we don't do BREAK there's Monday Mashfest around Times Square.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/403434036336898/

went to the break last night, it was pretty chill. not really any marvel players there but if you like street fighter you should come to the next one, its pretty fun.
    Someone invite me to that group on Facebook!
    http://www.twitch.tv/pajamagamerct - The PajamaGamer Livestream - HMU if you wish to play SFV and be broadcast.
    Going to head to Break this week, whats the address/info?
  • WyseguyWyseguy The Longshot Joined: Posts: 89
    Address:
    Break Bar and Billiards
    (http://break-ny.com/)
    32-04b Broadway
    Long Island City, NY 11106

Take the Astoria-bound N train to Broadway in Queens. When you exit the train station, walk in the direction of Capital One Bank. At the corner of 32nd and Broadway, look up; Break should be on the second floor near the intersection. If you see someone playing Gouken, tell him the password, which is "back-throw Ultra."
    We're doing BREAK again in Astoria on Wednesday August 8th.
    We play SSF4 AE 2012 on one setup and something else on the other. Two setups (one xbox one PS3) with sticks will be provided. We will do best 2/3, and after 5 wins please let others play. We do the 5 win rule so the newer players don't have to keep playing against the same person over and over.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/420701401316130/

• skatestar178skatestar178 beast coast Joined: Posts: 107
    I'll try to make it to the break. Astoria is soooo much closer to me than next level lol I work during the week so i'll probably leave early, but i'll definitely be able to play some sets.
    UMvC3: Soul searching. SSF4: Akuma. Super turbo: ken. 3rd strike: Dudley.
  • DK15DK15 Joined: Posts: 91
    How much is the BREAK? going to try and stop by tomorrow
    BREAK is free. Also, free foosball and pool before 8pm with any food or drink.

But we encourage people to buy something from the bar since they're letting us use the space, TVs, electricity, etc.
    Plus it's not a serious level up session, we're all hanging out, drinking, socializing and so on.

BREAK is on. 7pm till about midnight.

• DK15DK15 Joined: Posts: 91
    Can you still go in if your under 21?
    Yeah. Last session I was teaching a 7year old how to throw fireballs. People bring kids, there's teenagers playing pool, etc.

• BurnerAzRBurnerAzR Sol Badguy Joined: Posts: 212
    I have a friend who lives in astoria and is a competent player but he only plays pad. Can he bring his own or does he have to use a stick?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Why all the salt? It's just a game.... right?
    Not really, unless it's the same button config as default stick. We don't do custom button configs for stick either. Arcade style button layout.
    It's only because there's only two setups so there's always people waiting to play and when players have to change buttons after every game it just wastes too much time. So it's about the button config thing not pad/stick.

• BurnerAzRBurnerAzR Sol Badguy Joined: Posts: 212
    Ah ok cool, we'll stop by one of these days to play a few rounds and have a few beers.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Why all the salt? It's just a game.... right?
  • Oresplendent1Oresplendent1 Power Underwhelming Joined: Posts: 17
    Is this event still going on? I'd love to stop by and play casual if only to get some use out of my joystick...
    Yes. We're doing BREAK again in Astoria on Wednesday August 22nd.
    We play SSF4 AE 2012 on one setup and something else on the other. Two setups (one xbox one PS3) with sticks will be provided. We will do best 2/3, and after 5 wins please let others play. We do the 5 win rule so the newer players don't have to keep playing against the same person over and over.

Any high-times on Sundays? I'm feeling some offline ST.
    BREAK today. Wednesday 9/12. 7pm - midnight.
    Break Bar and Billards 32-04b Broadway, Long Island City, NY 11106.
    N train to Broadway stop. 15 min from Grand Central.

• damusdamus who will be left standing when the dust clears Joined: Posts: 701
    MVC3: Trish, Hulk, Robot
    Tekken: Dragonuv
    SSFIVAE: Sim
    BBCS: Taokaka
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Im there!!!
    Yo guys,

I'm hosting a session at my place on Saturday evening, should start at 6PM, I live next to the Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard station. We will mostly play SSFIVAE although I also have Persona4 and would like to get better with it.
    I already got two guys coming, I can have one or two more if anyone is interested. We are trying to set up a SSFIVAE group motivated to level up so we can play all together and improve day after day =)
    SSFIV: Ibuki, training a Sakura, and messing around with Evil Ryu, Cody and Yang
  • NB2NB2 Joined: Posts: 191
    Yo guys,

I'm hosting a session at my place on Saturday evening, should start at 6PM, I live next to the Astoria-Ditmars Boulevard station. We will mostly play SSFIVAE although I also have Persona4 and would like to get better with it.
    I already got two guys coming, I can have one or two more if anyone is interested. We are trying to set up a SSFIVAE group motivated to level up so we can play all together and improve day after day =)

I'll come through. I'm garbage at SF4 right now, but I'll get it in.
    What console?
  • NB2NB2 Joined: Posts: 191
    What console?
    Do we need to bring sticks top your meetup? My EX2 is on Its last legs.
  • TherafluprintsTherafluprints Joined: Posts: 38
    Yo guys,

I might be interested, I'm not super amazing at either, but I'm always looking for some sessions. pm me some way to contact you!
    Hey guys. So sorry I didn't come on this thread earlier to notify you, but I already have 2 other guys coming, which means I'm full for tomorrow.

But I'm aiming at hosting one session every Saturday evening (unless I have guests at my place, which was the case all summer long lol), so stay tuned for next Saturday! No level restriction anyway. I am just aiming at improving my game, and playing offline with a variety of motivated players is just the best thing to do =)
    Back on track, somebody cancelled, I have one more spot for tonight's session, who's in? PM me if you are interested =)
  • Chief RekkaChief Rekka "Don't Think; Feel" Joined: Posts: 330
    Back on track, somebody cancelled, I have one more spot for tonight's session, who's in? PM me if you are interested =)

Are you doing another session anytime soon? If so, lemme know.
    "I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once. I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times"-Bruce Lee

Xbox Live: EB Chief Rekka
    Main: Fei Long Alt: Dee Jay
    Location: I'm the one who's reppin' Queens, way beyond your dreams.
    Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/user/reverendreg
    Twitter:Reggie_FTW

“"When the opponent expands, I contract, When he contracts, I expand, And when there is an opportunity, I do not hit-it hits all by itself."-Bruce Lee
    We're doing BREAK again tomorrow, Wednesday, September 26th.