Paradise Arcade Shop, LED Joysticks, Buttons, Mods and more

armi0024armi0024 Joined: Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
logo.jpg
We have been floating around for a little while posting and received a recommendation to start a thread. Paradise Arcade Shop is based in Hawaii, working to bring a variety of controls to the arcade and fight stick market. We carry a number of different options for price points in both sticks and buttons, but we only sell products that we would use. That means, there is a difference between a Porsche and a Toyota, we see a place for both of those in the market, and we won't sell Toyota's at Porsche prices.

I say "we" as Ponyboy likes to harass me about, because the company is my wife and I. For those of you who have ordered already(thank you) she packs the orders and answers about 90% of the emails (mostly logisitics, but she is answering the "How to I light an LED" questions now) This is also her full time job and my part time job. She works hard to send out all stock items in 1-2 days, and rides my ass about the cutsom builds so they stay close to 1-3 days(We build LED sticks to order, and some of our game systems)

I have been an active membe of KLOV, Coinopspace, and BYOAC for sometime, and we sell on EBAY and Amazon. I will probably edit the intro down in the future, but I wanted just let people know who "we" are and who I am. Thank you for all the support and orders we already have received and now...it's time for the good stuff!

Mortal Kombat 9 Stick mod products!!!!! If you want new controls with the same forms to just upgrade your stick try some of these IL products and microswitch upgrades.

Translucent Concave IL buttons - A great upgrade to your stick, especially with...

IL-lumination LED pads - Available in RGB or single color

IL Eurosticks provide "Happ Competition" Style with an upgrade in quality

And, for amazing light touch, upgrade any Happ or IL button to our 20 gram micros (Please note that these are 20 gram max spec and really are closer to 15 grams of actuation force)

We also carry JLF's, JLW's, LS-32, LS-32-01, LS-40, PS-14-KN pushbuttons, re-released PS-14-K Skeleton buttons, Paradise LED sticks, custom ball tops and a variety of hollow shafts(we also have 10 new custom hollow shafts on order, need a long JLF shaft or want to put a ball top on a Eurostick joystick?)

Finally... we have two new ball tops in, Pearls and Emerald Green that will be available shortly and were built to match the Rollie Buttons.
IMG_6424.JPG
And the answer is "Yes, the pearl will light up."
IMG_6432.JPG
www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
2013 Tech Talk Company of the Year and 2013 Tech Talk Product of the Year, the Kaimana LED Controller

Comments

• MuffmanMuffman VIVA LA REVOLUCION DE LOS SEIS BOTONES!!! Joined: Posts: 500
    Shit I just ordered from you last night and ordered some 20 gram IL pushbuttons! I was worried that 20 gram might be too light but figured I'd try them, now you say they are more like 15. arggg Can you compare these to sanwa and seimitsu's in terms of sensitivity? Is it too late to change my order to 50 gram if I ordered them last nite?
  • armi0024armi0024 Joined: Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Muffman, for pushbuttons it's a whole different ball game of micros because the mechanism is different. Even how they fit into the buttons.

First off, american style micros are generally about 2/3-3/4 the rated actuation force, so a Cherry 75 is closer to 50-60, Zippy 50's are closer to 40, and 20 grams are closer to 15.

People really like the 20's especially those who are used to Sanwa or Seimitsu buttons because you don't feel the "click" typically associated with most snap action buttons.

As far as sensitivity goes, there are many factors playing into this, the proximity of the plunger to the switch and then switch travel. Snap action companies do not rate the travel distance, but most people feel the 20's are more senstive than the 50's in this respect. So if you use a high quality button with close contact between the button and micro at rest, you should have a more sensitive stick with the lighter weights.

I believe your order went out this am, however, try them out, if they are too light, then get in touch, we can swap them out. I have not had anyone return 20gram switches and ask for something heavier. I have however had a number of people completely convert to 20's once the try them.
    2013 Tech Talk Company of the Year and 2013 Tech Talk Product of the Year, the Kaimana LED Controller
  • IjiwaruIjiwaru SLUT CRUSHER Joined: Posts: 183
    Nice site! Someone posted a link for your site on the Hawaii Street Fighter Facebook page.

A nice thing I noticed is the "Flight Sticks". These look like the ones someone got from Ebay and used them to make their own custom VIRTUA ON Twin sticks set up. I know a lot of people have been looking for these, and here's your guy's chance to snatch some up, and make some sick sticks!
    Import Flight Stick - Paradise Arcade Shop

Also, HQ verson here. Both look like quality sticks.
    Sanwa JLJ-PL2-8V Flight Joystick - Paradise Arcade Shop

Shout outs for Hawaii! cheeeehooo:rock:
  • MajinhurricaneMajinhurricane Forced to play super turbo, f%@# Cammy. Joined: Posts: 3,304
    I just noticed your jamma boards. Does the board have an amp so I can plug a 4 piece plugin (from a new astro city) into it?

Which version has sf2st, alpha 2/alpha 3, and third strike?
    But there is no implying that every Rose player picked Rose just so they can go "hur hur hur hur there is nothing you can hur hur hur do about hur hur hur let the spirits guide you hur hur hur hur". -Anton
  • ExecutorImperiousExecutorImperious Joined: Posts: 45
    Got a couple of questions:

Where in Hawaii are you guys? As an HPA student it would be nice if I could pick up an order in person before break.

How big is the button part of your chrome LED buttons?
    @Ijiwaru: We thought there needed to be something available at both ends of the price range on flight sticks :)
    @Majinhurricane: Shoot me an email bryan@paradisearcadeshop.com
    @ExecutorImperious: We are over in Waimanalo, and while we don't have a store front, we do drop offs and occasionally allow people to pick up items. The plunger part of the button is .93" and the outside of the bezel is 1.3"
  • Nytemare_RavenNytemare_Raven Hyper Aggressive Joined: Posts: 48
    I tried to find the PS-14-k on your site, but the link only shows the KN's.
    Rolling with Blanka since Street fighter 2
  • butterojbutteroj VWDORK Joined: Posts: 1,414 ✭✭
    Great people here! Def do not be afraid to order from them!

Nytemare_Raven: Adding it tomorrow, I need to... we've had them for two weeks
    Butteroj: Thanks

Anyone in or visiting Hawaii, we will be putting a custom built LED Xbox controller board into Hawaii Brians tomorrow. It's mostly IL parts, and it is set up for SF play, however, hopefully Glen have us built a MK one also. All buttons are lit LED bezels with solid plungers and 20 gram micros installed (I will take picture when it's installed). If you can go on by and ask about the Paradise Arcade Control panel, let us know what you think, and let them know you want more set ups like that! Or maybe...a set up with Sanwa or Seimitsu controls. Either way, they are going to start renting XBOX360 consoles but they will be in full showcase cabinets.
    @armi0024 Thanks for the help man. I'm sure they will be fine. I like seimitsu's a lot, just hate sanwas. Too sensitive for me. So as long as they're not as sensitive as Sanwa's, which I doubt, then I'm sure they will work great. Really stoked also to try out one of your 45mm ball tops. I have a weird grip so think one will work out perfectly! Thanks again man. = ]
    @armi0024 Thanks for the heads up, and i will check the site tomorrow.
  • rtdzignrtdzign Joined: Posts: 5,134
    I ordered my LS-32-01 hollow shafts from Paradise Arcade a few months back. Shipping was quick. As far as that one order goes, it was great for me.
    [video]
    PS-14-K's are posted without pictures:
    Seimitsu translucent PS-14-K arcade snap-in pushbuttons
    RTDzign, nice vid!
    Out of stock Violet Seimitsu PS-14-K 30mm....NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! ;_; i have the worst luck
    Haha, the sent me PS-14-KN instead of PS-14-K's, wow that is some bad luck :)

If anyone is interested we have some 6 conductor slip rings that will prevent wires from twisting in lit joysticks. We are going to be marketing these for $20 each. We are working to try and reduce cost but this is where we are right now. See the video example here:
    Got my parts in from ParadiseArcades. Fast shipping and great seller. They even gave me free chocolate with my order lolz. Got all my IL parts in to finally mod my MK9 stick. Also ordered a 45mm balltop that is awesome!!! Been dying to try a 45mm balltop but couldn't find an american vendor that stocked them so shipping was really expensive. Not only did I save money on shipping, but the 45mm balltop from PA is better quality than my colection of seimitsu bubble tops. Not only are the PA ones cheaper but they don't have the annoying seam line like other ball tops. 100% smooth!!! Just wish PA stocked more colors of the bubble tops. Would def by a clear and red 45mm balltop if they sold them!
    DSC01673-Copy.jpg
  • ed1371ed1371 Yogahh Joined: Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭✭
    Haha, the sent me PS-14-KN instead of PS-14-K's, wow that is some bad luck :)

If anyone is interested we have some 6 conductor slip rings that will prevent wires from twisting in lit joysticks. We are going to be marketing these for $20 each. We are working to try and reduce cost but this is where we are right now. See the video example here:

This is the only reason why I havent gone led yet... and now you have a solution! yay!

Got my parts today from you folks... thanks for the fast shipping and the candies! I am really liking the 20 gram switches so far though...

will order again soon once you have the colors and sticks I need in stock (white comps and red/white IL euro sticks)
    why crimp when you can solder??

PSN: Nippage
    @muffman-nice panel... you need lights :) IL-lumination.....I will look into the ball tops, clear is possible, red..might be tough
    @ed1371-we have everything except red eurosticks, we are desperately waiting for a restock they flew off the shelf
    If you get clear ones in I would def buy one! And if you could get a red one I would even pay extra for it! I want to switch to 45mm balltops on all my sticks and have a red themed resident evil stick that I would kill to have a red 45mm bubbletop on.
    b.jpg
    Please don't make me ugly up my stick with a clear or blue bubbletop. = [ hahah
  • jdm714jdm714 Blue Blue Glass Moon Joined: Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭
    Bryan, your stock only seven Cherry Microswitch.
    But I need to order eight with the Buttons. :sad:

Ok, so it seems you have enough if buy the Cherry alone.
    But not enough if I want to upgrade with Button.
    So I'll be buying separate.
    Laugh.

Oh, I think it is only one stock of iL Competiton Button in color black with default 50g Microswitch.
    So I add one more iL Competition Button of black with 75g Microswitch.
    Laugh.

I hope my order can go through like this with no delay.
    J&J SoCal Modding: http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/113434/
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
    I just connected with a new ball vendor, so we'll see what they can do, I'm really impressed with what I'm seeing so far...
    JDM, what are you doing? just shoot me an email.

We are updating our software, to integrate Amazon, Ebay and our webstore into one inventory.... so if anything shows as out of stock shoot us an email, we probably have it.

Also because of costs, we are probably going to be adjusting the regular IL buttons up .20 ea in the next week or so(translucents won't change), just giving a heads up so people don't get upset. Pray for a strong dollar and maybe we can "readjust"
    I just paid for:
    x1 Black IL Eurostick Joystick

x1 Black IL Competition Pushbutton PSL-L Pushbuttons: Black
    Microswitch Force: 50 Gram Microswitch

Microswitch Force: 75 Gram Cherry Microswitch

x2 Red IL Competition Pushbutton PSL-L Pushbuttons: Red

x2 Blue IL Competition Pushbutton PSL-L Pushbuttons: Blue

x2 White IL Competition Pushbutton PSL-L Pushbuttons: White

x1 Cherry Pushbutton Microswitch D44X

So funny.
    Laugh.
    Visit J&J SoCal Modding's Blog for review of new Arcade Parts: http://jjsocalmodding.blogspot.com
    And what you are getting is:
    x1 Black IL Eurostick Joystick

x2 Red IL Competition Pushbutton PSL-L Pushbuttons: Red

x2 Blue IL Competition Pushbutton PSL-L Pushbuttons: Blue

x2 White IL Competition Pushbutton PSL-L Pushbuttons: White

x1 20 gram Zippy
    x1 50 gram Zippy

Ok if I take a little liberty on this one and tempt you with the microswitch samples :)
    :lovin:
    Very cool.
    Thank you Bryan.

I'm excite for the slip rings to LED Shaft.
    That problem has been exist for so long, with no good solution.
    just had to share
    IMG_6490.JPG
  • dClutZdClutZ Joined: Posts: 4
    Made an order as well.

I just placed an order this morning for most any parts I will be needing for my 2 player joystick.

8 - Red Seimitsu PS-14-KN 30mm Pushbutton
    8 - Blue Seimitsu PS-14-KN 30mm Pushbutton
    2 - Sanwa JLF-TP-8YT Joystick
    1 - Xin Mo Arcade Controller to USB - Paradise Style
    1 - Blue Seimitsu PS-14-DNK 24mm Pushbutton
    1- Red Seimitsu PS-14-DNK 24mm Pushbutton
    4 - Smoke Seimitsu PS-14-DNK 24mm Pushbutton
    5 - Male Quick Connect, .110" Insulated (to make a quick connect from the JLF Harness)
    1 - Paradise Blue Bubble Top
    1 - Paradise Red Bubble Top

DOH - just realized I only ordered 5 male quick connects, oh well I guess I can goto local electronics store or something to pick up the other 5 since i'll have those for reference.

Can't wait to get it all setup. Will be my first build, but been having fun with it so far in just making the box for it even.

Update:

Here's a link to my gallery:
    http://gallery.me.com/dclutz#100165&bgcolor=black&view=grid
  • W00P MstR FresHW00P MstR FresH Making stuff is fun Joined: Posts: 793 ✭✭
    I made an order on friday for some 20g swtches, one of the famous pink ball top sticks, and a ls-56 gate!!

So do have shafts that fit in the pink top stick to use regular ball tops?
  • spenzaliispenzalii Joined: Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    Good stuff, good guys. Ordered a few times in the past few months.
    And we build BALLER SHIT! (c) Matskat
    Got my parts today! Also got a note that they didn't have the xin-mo w/ .110 that I'd requested so they enclosed some connectors. Only about half as many as I would need and a lot more work for me even though I emailed them 2 days before my order to make sure I could order .110 at which point they didn't tell me they were out. If I'd have ordered from elsewhere I'd be in same boat so it's not too much an issue I guess, just would have been nice to know before I received a box with something different than I expected.

On a lighter note, I love the way their custom bubble tops look on top of the JLF, nice clean feel and no seams just like they said. Definitely have the nice mom & pop feel to their outfit. Can't wait to finish getting my joystick all put together though should be fun.
    dClutZ Sorry about that there was some confusion here.
    The original Xin-Mo does have .110 connector leads, but the Paradise Version does not. Susan tried to cover all bases with the longer rainbow harnesses but also including the .110 connectors. We will try to introduce it as a separate product item in the next few weeks so things are easier. Just shoot us a note if you want the original black wires with .110's we'd be happy to shoot them over...
    Nah, the longer leads were needed so just made do. Got my joystick functional, didn't make it pretty just yet though.
    photo%201.jpg?derivative=medium&source=web.jpg&type=medium&ver=13064474500001photo%202.jpg?derivative=medium&source=web.jpg&type=medium&ver=13064474500001photo%203.jpg?derivative=medium&source=web.jpg&type=medium&ver=13064474500001
    That looks awesome!
    ae45342e.png
    cb0c4e8f.png
    21f71bbb.png
    954b5449.png

Bryan, the 20 Gram is so soft!
    Super light and feels cool.
    Thank you for sample.

Don't know why I am ask.
    Because I can find them here too.
    Can I get a whole bag of Macadamia Kisses for my next order?
    Thank you for the order again!
    Glad you liked the 20's, actually the Leaf switch brackets are in also now which have an even smoother feel to them!
    That is the secret to our low cost shipping padded flat rate USPS envelopes.
    Hmmmmm, looks like a mixed Happ Cherry in with the IL Cherry's, same specs, but I'm wondering how that happened.

I don't know what Susan's formula for candy distribution is, you didn't get any of the caramel chocolate macademia nut clusters.....
    Caramel Chocolate Macadamia Nut Clusters sound so delicious.
    Very yummy
    5365923005_5222ec9f3a.jpg
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 11,267 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any news on the "6 conductor slip rings" for lighted Ball tops yet?
    I would be interested in ordering some once you start to carry them at your shop.
    You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
    there is a unwritten rule that every Full Moon some clueless poster has to stumble into this forum and tout their own perception as hard fact.
  • NerrageNerrage STICKS for JOY Joined: Posts: 3,349
    I remember the chocolates from Paradise Arcade Shop. They were tasty. But I got a single package of them all, not individually wrapped like jdm714. And Hollow LS-32 shaft was cool.

197252_1920486937520_1402442774_32252163_1024590_n.jpg

Even bought C-ring pliers just for it!
  • blueNINEblueNINE RPD MCZ Alex Smith Joined: Posts: 1,260
    Just dropping by to say that this is an excellent shop! They have a good selection, it's the only place I've found with iL buttons and proper D44 Cherry switches, and the customer service is great. Plus, they give you delicious chocolates. Cheers to Paradise Arcade Shop. Mahalo!
    Team Replay'd/Mad Catz!

Please let me know if you need stick mods or repairs!
    Wish I liked chocolate. = [ oh well.. About to place another order soon and noticed your 45 yellow balltops are now back in stock. Does this mean some of the other 45mm's might be in stock really soon or did you just find some old stock or something?
    Dark ==> Just took pictures of the slip rings and will be posting them shortly, actually... we wanted to launch them with a build of our first RGB Joystick :) It won't be production but these work perfectly for building one!

Nerrage==> NICE!!!

BlueNINE==> The chocolate can be consumed or as a bribe to a significant other, when we started doing classics we figured the guys wives would be much happier when something came for them too!

Muffman==> Funny you should ask, I happen to have 30mm, 40mm, and 45mm ball tops on order :) All bubbles for you, so you better have a larger purchase! ;)

Everyone should check out the new Uila S Flashes. These should launch in the next week, this was a joint project with Focus Attack. (The S stands for Seimitsu, the Flash.... well check it out)
    I flash my white!
    Stoked about the restock of 45mm bubble tops. I'm down for prob 4, a couple more if there a color options like red and clear. Was surprised to see the blue 45mm bubble tops was listed in your best sellers. Rarely see anyone using them on SRK and other sites. The new leds look cool too! Would be awesome if you guys started making some clear plungers one day to go along with them for Seimitsus, like Rollie makes for his buttons.
    :) The only problem with clear plungers is the light would be blinding coming up through them.... Plus I think you would have to make your own mold, Seimitsu and Sanwa have a reputation for not really working with vendors... But who knows, sometimes dreams come true.
  • ihiryuihiryu Diet Balrog Player !KTB-BC! Joined: Posts: 3,488
    I can vouch for Paradise, Susan has always been a great help, the KTB guys (Killeen, TX) order strictly from them!

Heck, for our next tournament Central Texas Brawl III, we're giving away three modded TE's with all parts from Paradise Arcade!

The Hollow shafts are great and an awesome, awesome alternative of doing it yourself
    "Go f*** yourself." MGX Dudders
    Been playing with my Uila S Flash.
    It is fun.
    Been playing with my Uila S Flash.
    It is fun.
  • HoopsHoops Joined: Posts: 58
    Paradise Arcade Shop is a one stop shopping dream for arcade and stick builders. If you haven't strolled through their extensive inventory I would recommend doing so. Their service is great, they communicate and best of all they listen to their customers. Highly recommended.
  • MauiWowie75MauiWowie75 Joined: Posts: 63
    Hey Do you guys do mods as well? I was looking for someone reputable in the state to mod my stick for awhile now.
  • 32teeth32teeth Joined: Posts: 831
    when is the site back up?
    Sparky Jr - Sparky Jr is a programmable RGB LED mod companion light up activation controller for arcade pushbuttons on gaming fightsticks.