Paradise Arcade Shop, LED Joysticks, Buttons, Mods and more

Comments

• shichishichi srk fadc sleep Joined: Posts: 131
    Susan got slammed with orders since the 1st and I'm in Seattle. A new packer came on board last week and another starts tomorrow, so everything should be done. She's been putting the priority on shipping and had some problems on updating orders status, so many orders have shipped, but will still say order received. We apologize for the confusion, we had an update to some software that did not exactly help, a fix should be in place shortly.

Bare with us guys, I don't know the order things went out, but everything over the last two weeks should have shipped, or will be shipped tomorrow and with the new help we should be back to 24-48 hour shipping.
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully my order has been shipped out (#005313) so I can test out the Zippy and Cherry replacement switches for the JLF.
    Hori VLX | MadCatz FightStick V.S. | MadCatz FightStick Pro SFxSanrio
  • Drift_SRKDrift_SRK Joined: Posts: 27
    For anyone curious about PAS's custom actuators and how they differ from Kowal's: They are essentially the opposite of one other. There are two sections to an actuator: The fatter lower half that activates the microswitches (size determines "engage") and the thinner upper portion that contacts the gate (size determines "throw".) Kowal's actuators have the same diameter lower half and a fattened upper half (reduced throw.) PAS's are reversed; same size upper half, fattened lower half (reduced engage.) Kowal's actuator also changes the conical shape of a stock actuator's lower half to a cylindrical shape. Kowal contends that this change better preserves the JLF's dead zone when the throw is reduced.

If this is the standard Dead Zone > Engage > Throw ratio of a JLF (not at all to scale):

T---E---D---E---T

Then this would represent PAS's actuators:

T----E--D--E----T

The throw is the same as stock, but the engage is smaller. This seems like it would be better for those who do not ride the gate. If you ride the gate, then your switch is active a couple more frames than stock. This may or may not make a difference in a particular game (it does in VF.) PAS actuators' reduced engage is purported to make diagonals easier to hit than Kowal's.
    And this is Kowal's:

T--E--D--E--T

Here throw is shortened while the overall ratio is supposedly better maintained. I would love to see actual numbers comparing the two. I would also like to see a throw-reducing actuator from PAS that is less expensive / more readily available than Kowal's.
  • armi0024armi0024 Joined: Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭
    I will take measurements and try to put up an answer with numbers this weekend. Our actuators are styled after the silent JLF and akishop mod (wrapping tape around the actuator)

We would only consider reproducing Kowals actuators if he either stops or wants to work with us on this

If you want to test how our actuators will feel, you can wrap tape around the bottom of the actuator, for Kowals you can put a piece of shrink wrap around the top.
    www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2013 Tech Talk Company of the Year and 2013 Tech Talk Product of the Year, the Kaimana LED Controller
  • AriesnoAriesno Seimitsu's warrior Joined: Posts: 176
    Need Ls-58 's customs actuators and a 6 mm shorter shaft...i hope you realise my dream one day.
    It's good to dream :)
    2013 Tech Talk Company of the Year and 2013 Tech Talk Product of the Year, the Kaimana LED Controller
  • AriesnoAriesno Seimitsu's warrior Joined: Posts: 176
    In Hawaii it's the dream every day...(i spent my Honeymoon)
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde 2 fingers of brains! Joined: Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭✭
    How are we looking on the springs?
    A pinch of your brother, a teaspoon of you,
    With the head of your sister, would make a good stew.
    I'd give you a taste, but your tongue's in the stew. Irony!
    That's what Halloween means to me.
  • gnikgnik Joined: Posts: 4
    We are getting an led order together...
    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Any update on the Uila leds?
  • notorious_pipnotorious_pip Return of the Orange Cru Joined: Posts: 114
    Hey, I tried contacting you through p.m. and through your website, but I still haven't received a response. I'm order #004617 which included a PS360+ that was ordered in October, and I received the shipment last week. The PS360+ wasn't included in the package, but the shipping invoice had a check mark next to it. I'm just checking to see if that will be coming in another shipment or what's up? Please let me know.
    Notorius, I believe Susan took care of this but I will double check in the am. Sorry I have been out of town and thought this was resolved.
    LEDs were ordered, gnik, email Susan at sales@paradisearadeshop.com
    Spring are ordered.... now it's just a matter of them shipping :)
    Any updates? I can't wait to try out the springs.
  • NYGHTLYNYGHTLY NYGHTimus Prime Joined: Posts: 4
    Is there a markup when it comes to buying from you guys through amazon? I ordered 2 Sanwa GT-Y Octagon plates, and they were 9.95 or something, 13ish (a piece) after s&h. But after visiting your website directly they were $4.95 -_-
  • POPSKNZPOPSKNZ Joined: Posts: 26
    Any update on the Uila leds?
    Uila! Uila! We want Uila lol! Seriously though, I'm ready to give you my $$!
  • STEZO_ONESTEZO_ONE FLUSH TOWN Joined: Posts: 252 ✭✭✭
    Made two separate orders and received two different kinds of snacks in my packages! This alone will keep me ordering from paradise. Thanks guys. Great service
    Special on PS360/Voltech Harnesses posted to the site! Enjoy

Now that we're back up, spring update?
    Evidently they didn't ship before the manufcaturer went on break, we hoping they show up in the next two weeks...
  • CUTWESTCUTWEST IMM'A....BAAAAST! Ya' Mirin'? Joined: Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭
    Bryan, I have a question, please check your pms mah sir. Thank you. :-)
    The short barrel buttons come from a company we just got JLW's in from.... Susan asked me 2 days after we got the JLW's in "Where do we get the short barreled buttons...." I said "Crap". so order lots of JLW's so we have an excuse to order short barrels again! We'll try to get some added to forwarded to another vendor for inclusion with their shipment but this doesn't always go over so well.
  • slaycruzslaycruz Joined: Posts: 958
    Any word on the silent jlf's or mod kits?
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
    Silent Micros are in, Susan got them yesterday, so let's give her a few days to get them packed and caught up on orders....

Paradise Twist will be in in two weeks (we missed holiday vacations!) New anodized parts (bats, balls, dustwashers and shaft covers are close to follow) We also have a run of Polyoxymethylene (Trade Name Delrin) bat tops coming in for RGB bat tops.

Please note.... threading is IMPORTANT on RGB items. In order to fit a 5mm RGB led in a top you need larger than 6mm threading (minor diameter is less than 5!) So all RGB items, shafts, ball tops etc from us conform to a 10mm standard. This also happens to be the standard used for Sanwa bat tops (without the adapter nut)
    Are the Delrin bat tops by Dragon Joystick?
    edited February 2013
    No, we had already ordered them, looking at it as a way to do RGB bat tops. I did see the posts to Joe though and have pm'd him. However our parts were paid for and ordered 6 weeks ago. You think you guys are dying to see the new stuff get in! :)

We are always happy to work with people on stuff, I do a lot of design work and have a number of plans part way done, but we love to collaborate. I also have a lot of resources to keep costs down. We did a great project to recreate original wico sticks on KLOV.
    Post edited by armi0024 on
    I had a prototype delrin top sent about 8 to 9 weeks ago, and I have to say delrin tops feel amazingly good. Something about that plastic is just super sweet, I wish all my arcade parts that were plastic was made from it.

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose delrin for your bat tops? Are they a bit more luminescent? What colors are you planning on getting in?
    Is there pics of the delrin bat top? My curiosity is piqued
    Previous signature removed per hakdizzles request in order to obtain voltech stick.....
    Right now we are just going to do white, we may add more colors later. I think the plastic will diffuse light a lot like the Hoku balls.
    Delrin is a very easy plastic to machine. Most prototype shops stock it for plastic parts because it self lubricates while you cut it.
    Back when I was an engineer and had shop access, I used to machine a lot of parts out of Delrin.
    We'll post when they arrive, we ordered a few to get some testing done and put them up in the shop. They will be the same form factor as the existing aluminum tops.
    Yeah, the one thing I noticed was how great delrin feels while you play. It's very slick and smooth, and you can slide your hand over it easily to change grip and such. It also feels solid and strong, and has low friction. Just imagine actuators, gates, and pivots made from delrin.
    Ordered a silent jlf and a mod kit....awesome stuff...can't wait
    any idea when items are gonna ship? my order# is 5829 just curious.....
    Hey everyone, we have some very sad news.  Susan's Grandmother, affectionately known as Grandma Kaye, passed this week.  She went into hospice last week and things declined quickly.  We closed the store for a few days and will be reopening tonight.  If anyone orders were delayed we sincerely apologize, as you can imagine it's been a very difficult week for the family.  Our packer has come on closer to full time to make up for things and we hope to have everything cleared up by the weekend.
    my condolences......I lost my grandfather a few days before xmas....definitely a difficult thing to deal with
    Sorry for the bad news Bryan, I was wondering why the site was down for a few days, guess that explains why. 
    We are back up and running guys, thank you for the warm thoughts.
    We have just ordered a TON of new supplies, and hopefully there will be some older orders arriving soon.
    Last count was a half dozen new colors of bat tops and some new toys coming up in March!
  • GraymalkinGraymalkin Staggeringly tedious Joined: Posts: 472 ✭✭✭
    Hi - will the 2 & 3lb JLF springs be coming back into stock? Thanks!
    SSFIV:AE - Rose | UraGraymalkin | Mitsurugi - SCV
    "So I broke into the palace, with a sponge and a rusty spanner..."
    We are dying for them to arrive!!!! we added some new fun, a few half lb sizes and ls-56 springs too!

On another note, we just received over 200 PS360+'s. We will have them available alone or with our Voltech harnesses.
  • Pnoy PrydePnoy Pryde Always hungry... Joined: Posts: 807 ✭✭✭
    What is the difference between the old Ulia RGB PCB and the Ulia S besides the shape and pre-soldered wires?
    The original Uila's were made for the Jyueeang or Rollie buttons, the UILA S were made more specifically for Seimitsu buttons.
  • Pnoy PrydePnoy Pryde Always hungry... Joined: Posts: 807 ✭✭✭
    armi0024 wrote: »
    The original Uila's were made for the Jyueeang or Rollie buttons, the UILA S were made more specifically for Seimitsu buttons.
    then no fit for sanwa snap ins?

The Uila S will fit Sanwa snap ins, you may need to file the base of the plunger a 1mm or so if they contact the leds.
    Is the site going to be updated with the new stuff, like the LS-56 springs?
    As soon as they are in... driving me nuts waiting for those things, we ordered the springs two months ago!
    3300 springs on the way to us, We have some new half weights in JLF spring (yes more decisions) and for those of you who just need something different, the LS-56 springs are coming in!

Also on it's way, the JLF Twist, this will be our version of a removable stick with some amazing features....
    1) 24.95 ea.
    2) ea includes... 1 base for putting into your stick and three different shaft lengths with appropriate threaded rods, Short (1 cm shorter than a standard shaft), regular and Long (3/4" longer than the standard JLF)
    3) Same shaft diameter as standard JLF, so you can still use shaft covers

Excited about that? We are too, but we are really excited about this....
    samples.JPG
    All that's left is a little anodizing. See if you can identify all the parts in the picture, 4 are easy, the last may not be.
    Button caps, dustwasher, shaft covers, ball tops, bat tops.

I'm definitely interested in those caps, and maybe a dust washer and a shaft. Dammit Bryan, why you gotta add a bunch of stuff right after I put in a large order? Now I'm gonna need to put in more. Can't wait for the springs, wonder what's taking the supplier so damn long.
    I thought the caps would be a little tougher...
    Now if only we had a way of etching the aluminum pieces that would be awesome!

Don't know what happened, but I do know, we ordered a lot more this time so we should be stocked for a while, and able to reorder well before we run out!
  • GeorgeCGeorgeC Joined: Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭
    Oooohh....

Those aluminum parts look nice! Once they get anodized, they should be protected from corrosion for a VERY long time...

I was wondering though. Can the parts be colored/polished to a silver-like reflective consistency, or do they have to silver-plated for reflective silver effect?
    (I ask for silver. It's an everyday color like black that goes with just about any color combination... Frankly, I hate gold -- it can look very tacky if not used well or overused -- but it might work for the shaft cover.)

For a stick theme I've got in mind, I think a silver or even "naked" aluminum anodized would probably work.

The balltop handle is definitely what I'm most interested in...
    The caps were fairly easy. Just a question, they do go under the plunger? If so that means they're exclusively Sanwa, since Seimitsu would require a female connector for the switch to slide into?

Can't do etching with ????

Also, no pics of the 500 lb iL order and those new custom buttons announced on your site?
    You are right! I'll have Susan take a picture of the IL order, 16 boxes of fun.

The caps will require and OBSC base currently. We'll play around with some other options but we thought this would be a fun start...
    Ok, so if I guess correctly, then the caps are a replacement for the clear part in this image here?

http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/1539-thickbox/sanwa-obsc-30-crystal.jpg

If so, it seems like it's going to be a very Sanwa oriented part. Pretty cool for OBSC owners, now I'm kinda envious. Too bad Sanwa doesn't offer clear screw ins.