Paradise Arcade Shop, LED Joysticks, Buttons, Mods and more

Comments

• xecutivxecutiv Joined: Posts: 15
    armi0024 wrote: »
    KrizmKazm wrote: »
    What's the current status on paradise lvt3 owners and being stuck in the "update available" prompt for the latest program build available on arcade upgrades?

4 months ago
    We are working on the new code I will post an update asap. It's a windows 10 fun thing...

@armi0024
    I know I'm beating a dead horse here... but is there ANY update to this situation? I know a possible solution has been "weeks away" for the last 9 months, but a lot of people are dropping $125+ and cannot get this item to function. Any help is very very much appreciated.
    There were no issues for months, there was a Windows 10 update a few weeks ago and we are working on the fix. This was repaired before Combo breaker last year with the last update that upset it.

Sorry I didn't see your update - But I have never been able to get this work on Win 10.. ever before the update.
  • pleiromaticspleiromatics Joined: Posts: 1
    I have the brook UFB without headers. What do I need to get the kaimana to work with it? And also, is soldering absolutely required or is there another way to go about it?

Thanks
  • JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 428
    I have the brook UFB without headers. What do I need to get the kaimana to work with it? And also, is soldering absolutely required or is there another way to go about it?

Thanks

If you are getting the Mini then either get the header and solder it or get the mini adapter and wire through that. Either one will yield a good result.

If you are getting the khameleon headers are definitely recommended to take advantage of the USB switching.
    I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
  • DEZALBDEZALB "Yamazaki Nigari" Joined: Posts: 506
    Im having issues with the CYBERMONDAY coupon. Its saying it does not exist.

Also, im having trouble finding acouple of things. maybe you can help me.
    Looking for these
    .187 fastner to 5 pin harness adapter
    2lb jlf spring

thanks
  • CroscramCroscram Joined: Posts: 12
    Are there any 24mm red switch mx buttons currently on the market?
  • sasquachsasquach MvC2 making a comeback 2017? Joined: Posts: 365
    Croscram wrote: »
    Are there any 24mm red switch mx buttons currently on the market?

PAS hasn't offered them yet and Gamerfinger went AWOL pretty much, so not atm sadly.
    "I'm just nice" -Harry Potter
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 658
    We need more Little Kahuna pads. I've got 7 in my cart and cannot add any more. Pretty please!
  • UncleGaryUncleGary Joined: Posts: 185
    Will you be getting any more brooks board with the breakouts, or will you just be selling the UFB now?
  • unaigalderunaigalder Joined: Posts: 54
    Why are the ship cost as higger for international orders?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,932
    unaigalder wrote: »
    Why are the ship cost as [higher] for international orders?

Because, USPS, FedeX and UPS charge more for international shipping.
    Because those items have to go father and there more fees involved.
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Because more fuel is used to get the package to where its supposed to be and more people have to work on getting it there, so they charge you according to the effort they make.
    I mod so you can play!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    edited December 2016

I am perplexed at how you could not know the answer to this question yourself, simply through use of deductive reasoning...
    jopamo wrote: »

I am perplexed at how you could not know the answer to this question yourself, simply through use of deductive reasoning...

But for strange that the ship cost are the same for as stick as actuactor
    edited December 2016
    The box they may ship that actuator may be the same box that they ship a whole joystick. There can be number of factors that affect shipment prices. Joysticks aren't that heavy, so weight may not become a differentiating factor. Similar weight+same package=same price. If you've got a shipping question, why not ask it to them directly?

@SusanInParadise can you clarify?
    edited December 2016

You can also reach us through the site https://paradisearcadeshop.com/contact-us and via email Sales @ Paradisearcadeshop.Com

But for strange that the ship cost are the same for as stick as actuactor
    The box they may ship that actuator may be the same box that they ship a whole joystick. There can be number of factors that affect shipment prices. Joysticks aren't that heavy, so weight may not become a differentiating factor. Similar weight+same package=same price. If you've got a shipping question, why not ask it to them directly?

@SusanInParadise can you clarify?

I mod so you can play!
  • jey-arejey-are Intermediate Noob Joined: Posts: 40
    When will you guys re-up on the Paradise pre-installed breakout of Brook's ps3/ps4 fighting board?
    -Psn ID: JxRx420
    -Instagram: jeyrizzy
    -Usually plays Tekken. (TTT2/soon to be T7)
  • ValanarroValanarro Joined: Posts: 24
    Im interested in getting some of the OBS-MX's but not sure what I should get. If I'm starting from scratch do I need to buy the buttons, the kit, the switches, and the new plungers? And do I buy a kit for each button?
  • TizTozBriBruTizTozBriBru Joined: Posts: 253
    Just curious, will the Gamerfinger category ever be filled back up or should I go for some OBS MX if I want new MX style buttons? Thank you~
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,264
    Valanarro wrote: »
    Im interested in getting some of the OBS-MX's but not sure what I should get. If I'm starting from scratch do I need to buy the buttons, the kit, the switches, and the new plungers? And do I buy a kit for each button?

You need a kit for each button you want to upgrade to MX. You need one of these: https://paradisearcadeshop.com/obs-mx-button-system/1626-obs-mx-drop-in-kit.html per button you want to convert. Though, I am unsure where you select the switch color and the button cap color with that listing... @armi0024
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • Finest_KOFinest_KO Joined: Posts: 167
    So it seems like the LVT3 software is being finicky again. We've currently tried across Windows 7-10 and it seems like all versions of the program are stopping us from changing LED colors. @armi0024 , any word on a fix coming down the pipeline?
  • Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    Hey @armi0024 , @SusanInParadise , & @JRDIBBS

I eMailed on 12/13 regarding questions related to an old order of mine, invoice #: IN00001018475

I sent to both paradisearcadeshop@gmail.com & sales@paradisearcadeshop.com

Just wondering if you guys got it?

Thanks,

@Feargus001100
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
    I need one video for change my sanwa JFL actuactor by actuactor Paradise Arcade Metalic Actuactor
  • SusanInParadiseSusanInParadise Joined: Posts: 100
    @Feargus001100 refund sent! So sorry for the delay!
    @unaigalder Here you go: https://goo.gl/ALIM4D
    @Finest_KO LVT3 update has been posted!
    @TizTozBriB We will no longer be selling the Gamerfinger buttons. armi0024 has designed our own mechanical keyboard switches here: https://goo.gl/WzXYSL

@unaigalder shipping costs vary by country. Since we have to use insurance and tracking the cost is higher than first class mail, which we no longer offer unless it's a very inexpensive item as an actuator. You can request first class shipping on anything less than $20. Anything over $20 must be insured and tracked. We must use weight ranges for the shipping costs, specific to each shipping company.

@jey-are Brook is coming out with a new pcb that will eliminate the need for the Brook 3/4 Breakout

• Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    @Feargus001100 refund sent! So sorry for the delay!

Thank you very much @armi0024 , @SusanInParadise , & @JRDIBBS !!!
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • LBGLBG Joined: Posts: 46
    @SusanInParadise any idea when you guys will be getting some more 30mm Translucent Clear Sanwa OBSC's?
  • Lamb_2sickLamb_2sick . Joined: Posts: 224
    @SusanInParadise LVT3 application seems to just close itself after i connect it the the board and hit scan
  • Finest_KOFinest_KO Joined: Posts: 167
    @SusanInParadise I'm also having the same issue with the lvt3 software.
    @LBG there are 419 in stock
    @Finest_KO @Lamb_2sick I have made the developer aware of the situation.

@SusanInParadise I don't see them? Can you provide me with a link? All I see are clear bottoms with colored plungers and clear tops sold separately unless you're implying I buy them all and put them together
    LBG wrote: »
    @SusanInParadise I don't see them? Can you provide me with a link? All I see are clear bottoms with colored plungers and clear tops sold separately unless you're implying I buy them all and put them together

There are two styles to choose from:

Crystal (favorite of mine for LED lighting)
    https://paradisearcadeshop.com/sanwa-obsc-30/731-sanwa-obsc-30-crystal.html

White with solid plunger
    https://paradisearcadeshop.com/sanwa-obsc-30/470-sanwa-obsc-30-cw.html
    I mod so you can play!
    JRDIBBS wrote: »

White with solid plunger

can you put artwork on a crystal one? also it shows them without the top.. do they come with tops? buying a button and then a top adds more to the price in the long run.. I'm trying to just buy the whole button

White with solid plunger

can you put artwork on a crystal one? also it shows them without the top.. do they come with tops? buying a button and then a top adds more to the price in the long run.. I'm trying to just buy the whole button
    Crystals dont accept artwork like the obsc's, those have the plunger shaft and top is one piece, the white one i want to say you can but I need to get home and open one up.

These are both the full button with switch and casing, there are options for plunger only which are separate from these.
    I mod so you can play!

White with solid plunger

Crystals dont accept artwork like the obsc's, those have the plunger shaft and top is one piece, the white one i want to say you can but I need to get home and open one up.

These are both the full button with switch and casing, there are options for plunger only which are separate from these.

As long as I can put my artwork in them and have it show through in it's entirety it's cool with me lol. I was just under the impression the clear translucent ones were the only ones I could use. If you could lmk about the white ones that'd be great but as far as I understand I think I need the clear

White with solid plunger

As long as I can put my artwork in them and have it show through in it's entirety it's cool with me lol. I was just under the impression the clear translucent ones were the only ones I could use. If you could lmk about the white ones that'd be great but as far as I understand I think I need the clear

Sorry when I mentioned white ones i was quoting directly from the items description, it is actually a clear button but with a white plunger and a clear cap which you can insert art into.
    I mod so you can play!
  • LordGlyphLordGlyph Joined: Posts: 56
    Lamb_2sick wrote: »
    @SusanInParadise LVT3 application seems to just close itself after i connect it the the board and hit scan

I'm having the same issue as well @SusanInParadise and @armi0024. I see you have replied already, so I am merely just making you aware. Thanx
  • DJ DivineDJ Divine Cream Puff King of Wu-Kang Clan Joined: Posts: 991
    edited January 30
    hey guys, long time no post. just wondering if this LS-40 hollow shaft fit in a LS-56? is it identical? also how would a slip ring work with this shaft?

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/hollow-shafts/1927-ls-40-stainless-steel-hollow-joystick-shaft.html

EDIT: another question -- do the JAPROC clear mesh balltops come pre-drilled?
    not "devine"
  • hyp36rmaxhyp36rmax Joined: Posts: 121
    What's the advantage of the kaimana Kameleon LED with USB switching? Help me understand.
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,264
    hyp36rmax wrote: »
    What's the advantage of the kaimana Kameleon LED with USB switching? Help me understand.

1. Its easier to install on the Brook UFB or PS360+
    2. It can be hard mounted so it wont jiggle around or get loose.
    3. You dont have to open the case to get to the USB jack on the KK to reprogram it.

2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
    hyp36rmax wrote: »

1. Its easier to install on the Brook UFB or PS360+
    2. It can be hard mounted so it wont jiggle around or get loose.
    3. You dont have to open the case to get to the USB jack on the KK to reprogram it.

Thanks! I own the kaimana mini and it mounted on the brook ufb 20 pin with a solid connection. So basically not having to open up my stick to access the mini USB to reprogram is the difference and a great convenience.
  • jjsparxjjsparx Joined: Posts: 46

Maybe a stupid question, but how do you get to the USB jack without opening the fightstick case? I have the Khameleon and plug my mini USB directly into the Kaimana board to program or update it (which involves opening my fightstick).

Can you just plug the USB from the back of the fightstick into the PC to program etc? I normally have it connected to my PS4 all the time (then opne it up and connect the Kaimana to my PC when needed), but it might be useful if I can just connect direct to my PC.

Thanks.

What am I, chopped liver?
  • therobintherobin Robn Rene Joined: Posts: 440
    @armi0024 What's the lightest shaft for the JLF/Hayabusa? Is the hollow titanium lighter than the stock?
  • Murphy0XMurphy0X Joined: Posts: 60
    therobin wrote: »
    @armi0024 What's the lightest shaft for the JLF/Hayabusa? Is the hollow titanium lighter than the stock?

http://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=11005

That's a pretty good article to explain the difference between metals. Assuming you're comparing to an aluminum shaft, titanium is about twice as dense as aluminum so it should be twice as heavy as a shaft of the same size made of aluminum. Obviously a hollow shaft is a lot less material so it may still end up being lighter. A hollow aluminum shaft will definitely be lighter though. The advantage of titanium is the strength; aluminum is soft and bends easier. Unless you're exerting enough force on your shaft to bend it (unlikely without two hands and a lot of pressure) the titanium shaft isn't really neccessary.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,932
    Murphy0X wrote: »
    therobin wrote: »

http://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=11005

That's a pretty good article to explain the difference between metals. Assuming you're comparing to an aluminum shaft, titanium is about twice as dense as aluminum so it should be twice as heavy as a shaft of the same size made of aluminum. Obviously a hollow shaft is a lot less material so it may still end up being lighter. A hollow aluminum shaft will definitely be lighter though. The advantage of titanium is the strength; aluminum is soft and bends easier. Unless you're exerting enough force on your shaft to bend it (unlikely without two hands and a lot of pressure) the titanium shaft isn't really neccessary.

No one makes an Aluminum Shaft. Most are Steel.
    The Hallow titanium shaft is lighter than the normal JLF/Hayabusa shaft.
    Remember when Nintendo had an entire series that revolved around a character who used an arm-cannon for like everything?
    Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  • darian117darian117 Puncher of Babies Joined: Posts: 1
    First off, major props to ParadiseArcade. I love that you guys are a local business for me. Everything I've gotten for my first stick as worked extremely well. I do have an issue I'm running into and hoping someone can help. I have all the Kaimana Mini LED and board setup correctly, but I can't seem to upload the Arduino code back to the board. One of the steps involves selecting the port for Arduino but it is grayed out for me and I don't see Ports in Device Manager. I'm on Windows 8.1 and it sounds like it is an issue with that operating system. Anyone figure out a workaround for this?
  • therobintherobin Robn Rene Joined: Posts: 440
    edited February 3
    Just realized I asked the wrong question. I meant to ask if the hollow titanium is lighter than the hollow stainless.
  • TAUNTTAUNT press start Joined: Posts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I ordered these switches https://paradisearcadeshop.com/omron-microswitches/1489-omron-drrvg-reed-microswitch.html?search_query=omron+microswitch&results=7

They were advertised as the exact same switches used in the silent Sanwa JLF, problem is that they're not because of the metal tab. Is there a way to remove the tab or should I get a refund?

ZXtCLzI.jpg
    obs-mx-brown-switch.jpg

Link: https://paradisearcadeshop.com/obs-mx-switches/1623-obs-mx-brown-switch.html

Does the MX Cherry Switch conversion have the PCB already soldered with the adapter cable? Or is it just the physical switch?

So basically all i'll need is the plunger if I already have the rim correct?
  • TAUNTTAUNT press start Joined: Posts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    TAUNT wrote: »
    I ordered these switches https://paradisearcadeshop.com/omron-microswitches/1489-omron-drrvg-reed-microswitch.html?search_query=omron+microswitch&results=7

They were advertised as the exact same switches used in the silent Sanwa JLF, problem is that they're not because of the metal tab. Is there a way to remove the tab or should I get a refund?

ZXtCLzI.jpg

Got a quick response from Susan, honest mistake and they're taking care of it and some :)