Paradise Arcade Shop, LED Joysticks, Buttons, Mods and more

Comments

• hyp36rmaxhyp36rmax Joined: Posts: 122
    Just ordered the MX Cherry conversions. Planning on mounting a set of GMK QMX-Clip Sound Dampeners on them to silence the clicks since these are compatible with PCB mounted switches. This should be a perfect solution.

MD-11674_20151015220132_355e81a817fc42de.jpg?auto=format&fm=jpg&fit=crop&w=1023&dpr=1

Currently for sale through Massdrop for about $22 USD. Also available directly through Uniqey

Here's a review for those that are interested at keychatter.com

edited February 7
    Another topic is how about a Topre style elctrostatic capacitive key switch conversion with MX Cherry stems (sliders) that work with the current mx plungers to save on tooling? These actually have a faster actuation than MX Cherry. I'm a mechanical keyboard enthusiast as well, and would love to see this implemented on a fight stick.

image002_w_600.jpg

topreswitch405.png

DSC_8757.jpg
  • StrtFghtrMstrStrtFghtrMstr SRnk1VaBeachAlphaTeam Joined: Posts: 509 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    hyp36rmax wrote: »
    obs-mx-brown-switch.jpg

Link: https://paradisearcadeshop.com/obs-mx-switches/1623-obs-mx-brown-switch.html

Does the MX Cherry Switch conversion have the PCB already soldered with the adapter cable? Or is it just the physical switch?

So basically all i'll need is the plunger if I already have the rim correct?

•You'll need to buy their OBS-MX plungers ( I have the smoked and clears, wish they came in more options)
    •The switch is presoldered to the pcb.
    •The QD adapter cable is plug and play, no soldering required.

If you already have switched you could get away with just buying OBS-MX plungers with OBFS-30mm rims you already have. You'ld have to solder your button leads directly to the Switch or make your own QD adapters and solder directly that to the switch yourself though.

I've also effectively silenced mine with rubber o-rings, they decrease the actuation time as well.
    Just a veteran player enjoying competitive SFV & the CPT
    -Kaillera veteran (GodWeapon Anti3d)
    -SFA3 Replay Tournament Champion (21-0)
    -Sticks & Setups currently owned
    -Namco w/HFC/SilentKuros/SilentHayabusa-Zippys
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
    -TE-S Six-Axis PCB w/ShinJN adapter
    -H2H setups: Zowie RLH2460HT, Asus VX238H-W & Monoprice 8204

Link: https://paradisearcadeshop.com/obs-mx-switches/1623-obs-mx-brown-switch.html

Does the MX Cherry Switch conversion have the PCB already soldered with the adapter cable? Or is it just the physical switch?

•You'll need to buy their OBS-MX plungers ( I have the smoked and clears, wish they came in more options)

If you already have switched you could get away with just buying OBS-MX plungers with OBFS-30mm rims you already have. You'ld have to solder your button leads directly to the Switch or make your own QD adapters and solder directly that to the switch yourself though.

I've also effectively silenced mine with rubber o-rings, they decrease the actuation time as well.

Ok cool! Thanks for clarifying. I had ordered the MX browns with PCB and red OBS-MX plungers with the intent of mounting them on the clear rims along with the Kaimana LED's.

I have rubber o-rings available to mount to silence it. The only problem is it doesn't mute the up travel. I'll play around with it as soon as they arrive. Another option is the Zealenico Silencing Clips, that are great for plate mounted switches and possibly a better fit inside a Sanwa housing.

zclip2.jpg?v=1471915590

Another link: Zeals

Ok cool! Thanks for clarifying. I had ordered the MX browns with PCB and red OBS-MX plungers with the intent of mounting them on the clear rims along with the Kaimana LED's.

I have rubber o-rings available to mount to silence it. The only problem is it doesn't mute the up travel. I'll play around with it as soon as they arrive. Another option is the Zealenico Silencing Clips, that are great for plate mounted switches and possibly a better fit inside a Sanwa housing.

Nice find, report results please, always good to have options!
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 w/JLF+Silent Zippy&uSW mod/OBS-MX Reds+Silent O-Rings/Qanba/Seimetsu/PCBs360VX+HFC4, Jansen x5 19MM Turbo Panel
    -VLX 360 Stock
  • LordGlyphLordGlyph Joined: Posts: 59
    Happy to report as of 2/7/17, LVT3 software is fully functional and operating as normal. Thanx for the help @SusanInParadise and @armi0024 and give my thanx to the developer as well
  • crnarukacrnaruka Joined: Posts: 8

I have Zealencio clips. When I put them to my OBS-MX switches, the plungers stick and don't move.
    Also they don't fit to Gamerfinger HBFSs, too.
    crnaruka wrote: »

I have Zealencio clips. When I put them to my OBS-MX switches, the plungers stick and don't move.

OK thanks, I'll stick with the o-rings then.
    -Namco stock
    -VLX 360 Stock

Thanks for the input! Do you know where the interference is coming from? Is the Zealencio rubbing the plunger causing it to stick? If you have any extra's i'd like to look into it.
  • crnarukacrnaruka Joined: Posts: 8

Thanks for the input! Do you know where the interference is coming from? Is the Zealencio rubbing the plunger causing it to stick? If you have any extra's i'd like to look into it.

For OBS-MX,
    1. Yes, corners of the clips contact the insides of the plungers.
    2. Even without this sticking, the clips may not reduce the sound of the upward travel, since the plungers have their own stoppers.

ftL6XVs.jpg

For HBFS, the clips interfere with the entire rim of switch housing.

kYsNlBl.jpg

For OBS-MX,
    1. Yes, corners of the clips contact the insides of the plungers.
    2. Even without this sticking, the clips may not reduce the sound of the upward travel, since the plungers have their own stoppers.

ftL6XVs.jpg

For HBFS, the clips interfere with the entire rim of switch housing.

kYsNlBl.jpg

Thanks!!!!!!
    Is PAS still reorganizing and expanding? Made an order a few days and with no movement.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 21,965
    Is PAS still reorganizing and expanding? Made an order a few days and with no movement.

Did you try to contact them?
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
    Darksakul wrote: »

Did you try to contact them?

yep. we're good now.
  • Finest_KOFinest_KO Joined: Posts: 171
    Any word on UD-USB decoders hitting the site anytime soon?
  • SusanInParadiseSusanInParadise Joined: Posts: 100
  • .death.VIA.avatar..death.VIA.avatar. Joined: Posts: 35
    Hey, folks. I'm finely in a spot to do a mod and am super interested in getting the OBS-MX drop ins, but I've noticed the blue and black switches are out of stock and seem to have been for a bit. Any guess as to when they might show up again?
  • nkznkz Joined: Posts: 7
    Just wanted to post that around this time last year Paradise Arcade Shop did not re-ship or refund my order after the package was returned to their store by the parcel delivery carrier. The tracking of the order shows it was never delivered to my address but was re-routed back to their HQ.

I was so busy, frustrated and patient during that time I did not pursue anything further.

In the end they stole approximately $85-100 (I ordered a bunch of stuff including their OBS-MX buttons). This was not a case of lost a ticket or e-mail. After they e-mailed stating I would receive a refund they simply stopped communicating with me via e-mail, did not answer the phone or return voice-mail messages. At that time I understood they may be swamped with the busy launch of SFV but silence continued for weeks and weeks indefinitely. Despite continued inquiries with them stating no refund has appeared on my credit card (after religiously checking weekly) - poof, no contact!

In over a decade of shopping online I had never been ripped off or scammed until last year by this company.
    nkz wrote: »
    Just wanted to post that around this time last year Paradise Arcade Shop did not re-ship or refund my order after the package was returned to their store by the parcel delivery carrier. The tracking of the order shows it was never delivered to my address but was re-routed back to their HQ.

I was so busy, frustrated and patient during that time I did not pursue anything further.

In the end they stole approximately $85-100 (I ordered a bunch of stuff including their OBS-MX buttons). This was not a case of lost a ticket or e-mail. After they e-mailed stating I would receive a refund they simply stopped communicating with me via e-mail, did not answer the phone or return voice-mail messages. At that time I understood they may be swamped with the busy launch of SFV but silence continued for weeks and weeks indefinitely. Despite continued inquiries with them stating no refund has appeared on my credit card (after religiously checking weekly) - poof, no contact!

In over a decade of shopping online I had never been ripped off or scammed until last year by this company.

So you sat on the issue for a year, and now your pissed because you lost your money?
    Why you didn't say anything when it happened a year ago?

• jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 876
    edited March 7

Maybe because he was stuck for a few minutes on a planet parked next to a black hole...duh!
    pwKhWE.gif
  • MoonchildeMoonchilde Resident tech talk double poster Joined: Posts: 4,836
    I know I shouldn't laugh but uh, damn... lmao.
    edited March 7
    So you sat on the issue for a year, and now your pissed because you lost your money?

I interpret your first post as being snarky and distasteful. I did not sit on this issue for a year, I trust you will re-read my post and up your reading comprehension game with special attention to the part where I mentioned I inquired with them for weeks.

'Now your pissed because you lost your money?' I don't understand the sentiment of this remark. Am I pissed now? No. Was I pissed when this happened? Obviously. Also note from my original post where I say "I was so busy, frustrated and patient during that time I did not pursue anything further."

Hahaha, no time machine, planetary travel or time dilation here. I don't frequent SRK and only posted this here because someone linked me the thread encouraging me to post it anyway. I had forgotten about this but when some event happened that marked the one year anniversary of SFV it reminded me of my order not showing up during launch month (last February).

What if I posted from two or three years from the time this happened? Does it invalidate my post or that money was stolen from me? It happened, if anything my post is to serve as a caution to protect other buyers.
    edited March 7
    You sat on it. You fricking sat on it. Don't tell you made a attempt to contact, because you didn't. The burden of initial contact and follow up is on you.
    If posting here was your last ditch effort, why didn't you post a message when all communications were dropped and not a whole year later?
    You been a forum member since Dec 2015, and you only now making your grievances known now?
    You didn't even make your first post till 8 days ago, and it was not how Paradise stole your money (it was on someone's concern with a Razer sponsored pro player).

I know the people who run Paradise Arcade, you contact them with an issue they would quickly resolved the issue in days. Sometimes I get a reply back in the same hour.
    I know them as I done business with them before, made inquires and order items that isn't part of their stock had to be special ordered, and I know them personally.
    What you are telling me is contrary to what I know about these people. I was still able to make contact with these people at their busiest, and it wasn't Street Fighter V.
    this time last year
    It happened last year. That is a long, long time ago in the world of buying and finance.
    It may as well been 10 years ago. Guess what the money is long gone now.

And you are only now saying anything to the forums? (you joined December 22 2015)
    You ether sat on the issue and did nothing, you are an idiot, or you making this whole thing up.
    There is a window when you can make a effort. Once a few months past and you made zero effort to contact on your part, your window of opportunity disappeared.
    Regardless on your payment options, you take more than a 90 to make claims with your credit card, the credit card companies isn't going to take the effort. Payment is resolved.
    Same thing with paypal after a few months. Year later, forget about it.

Snarky? I am telling it as it is.
    edited March 7
    That is extremely brash and arrogant to make a claim that I did not attempt to contact them. Instead of you asking for proof to find a way you can help the situation (since you have a relationship with the owners) you resort to attacks on my integrity.

Once again you demonstrate lack of reading comprehension and empathy. The rest of your post not only reveals your own personal stake in defending them (representing a conflict of interest) but your immaturity is void of any sort of willingness to come to a resolution. Without any proof you invalidate my post that I had money stolen from me and jump to remarks about how digital transcation refund options (though no where have I stated I am looking to be refunded). I am a member of the FGC like yourself, you chose to jump the gun to defend PAS using aggressive language and tone towards me. Nothing I have said or posted warrants this type of behavior. I feel embarrassed for you.

Thank you for your posts Darksakul because they serve a purpose. For other potential customers thinking about buying from PAS, though user comments might not reflect the company, please let Darksakul's responses serve as a reflection of communication you might receive by posting grievances in this thread. Again, if anything, my post is to serve as a caution to dealing with this company.
  • NeccrosNeccros Joined: Posts: 105
    Has anyone tried Gateron switches instead of Cherry MX? They are way smoother and are 100% compatible with Cherry
    I don't want the details. I rather not deal with personal information.
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,818
    edited March 7
    @nkz sorry about this happening. I'm not sure why it happened and wouldn't want to push conjecture as I searched all our email for NKZ and only find information from the last day.

I'm not sure what warrants:
    "Again, if anything, my post is to serve as a caution to dealing with this company."

or

"In over a decade of shopping online I had never been ripped off or scammed until last year by this company."

or

"Does it invalidate my post or that money was stolen from me?"

Since I don't have a name or an order number, it's hard for me to say what happened, but we have never "scammed" anyone or "stolen" money, and to suggest you were ripped off is a bit of strong statement. Simply get in touch with me by PM and I'll look into what happened. I can assure you there was nothing intentional to prevent you from either receiving your order or a refund.
    www.paradisearcadeshop.com Sanwa, Seimitsu and a ton of custom parts
    2015 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, OBS-MX buttons
    2014 Tech Talk Stick Mod of the Year, LVT3 TE2
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
  • armi0024armi0024 Dash Cancel Expert, paradisearcadeshop.com Joined: Posts: 1,818
    I just spent about 30 minutes looking for OBS, refund, etc, and didn't find anything that I could track down @nkz sorry for the mishap, hit me with a PM and we will address
    2013 Tech Talk Store of the Year and Product of the Year, Kaimana Led Controller
  • Finest_KOFinest_KO Joined: Posts: 171
    edited March 8
    Neccros wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Gateron switches instead of Cherry MX? They are way smoother and are 100% compatible with Cherry

I have, I believe I posted a picture a few pages back.

Edit: n0ZxxrQ.jpg

I switched out some Cherry MX blues for some Gatreon Greens. They worked like a charm. If you're on the fence about switching them out, then I'd say go for it. It just takes a little bit of soldering.
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,873
    Do you have any of these kits remaining specifically, the LED connector? If not, how long would it take to order 2 sets. Thank you

undamned-usb-decoder-extension-harness.jpg
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
    @nkz Have sent a few PM's and asked to resolve this, tried searching some more but can not find anything to correlate to what you reported. If there are any unresolved issues please contact me and we'll address immediately. Otherwise I will assume this issue has been addressed. Thank you
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,742
    There seriously should be rules that dish out bans to people who come in to defame a business or trader on SRK without evidence showing that there is indeed shady shit happening.

I saw cutwest get attacked in the Trading Outlet and provided evidence to substantiate his counterclaim when the guy had none to back up the original claim that sought to defame him, and now this?
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,742
    As an aside:
    @Finest_KO @undamned is working on them!

This is great news, because I want two of them to roll SNES converters for the Sailor Moon S tournament at Evo.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • gahrlinggahrling Better safe than Hori.. Joined: Posts: 3,965
    @armi0024
    @SusanInParadise

Hi, I sent a sales email to you on the 9th March but I haven't heard anything back yet. I'd really appreciate a reply!
  • Ssj4Crisis_XSsj4Crisis_X Battling Puddies! Joined: Posts: 112
    Quick question, is there a LED solution that i can easily use with the PS360+ and silent sanwa button. Then with universal brook pcb when i finally switch it out?
  • JRDIBBSJRDIBBS Neighborhood Modder Joined: Posts: 441
    Quick question, is there a LED solution that i can easily use with the PS360+ and silent sanwa button. Then with universal brook pcb when i finally switch it out?

A Kaimana Mini with Kaimana J2s is the easiest setup you can have. It is also 100% compatible with the ps360+ and UFB. Do you have translucent colored buttons or clear ones?
    I mod so you can play!
    Joysticks, buttons and PCBs, all at paradisearcade.com!
    The Man @ MightyJRMods- PM me for fixes and mods in the USA www.mightyjrmods.com
    Kaimana Guru, check out my GitHub for layouts, animations and more!
    Member of the Church of Dremel and the Cult of Hot Glue.
    No mod is finished until you wrangle that wiring!
    Thanks! Yeah i got clear buttons
    Thanks armi, PM'd you back
  • ArmalyArmaly Joined: Posts: 25
    Do you guys plan on restocking the TE2+ LVT3?
    working on it! JST NH connectors have been ordered
    edited March 22
    will the kaimana mini breakout and Paradise OBSFS Silent 30mm LED Pushbutton pad be restocked or are yall no longer making them?
    We are working on them, we have a new LED board and likely a new breakout coming soon.
  • therobintherobin Robn Rene Joined: Posts: 440
    edited March 23
    @SusanInParadise @armi0024

Can you guy tell me which is lighter, the titanium hollow shaft or the stainless steel hollow shaft for the JLF? I am assuming the titanium, but would like to be sure. If you have the measurements in grams, that would be nice.

Also is there a lighter ball top than the stock LB-35s?
    armi0024 wrote: »
    We are working on them, we have a new LED board and likely a new breakout coming soon.

Any previews?!? lol
  • SkarreSkarre Joined: Posts: 18
    Any information on when 1,5Lbf JLF spring would be back in stock?

https://paradisearcadeshop.com/paradise-arcade/791-pas-jlf-2-lbf-custom-spring.html
  • FlashFlood_29FlashFlood_29 Joined: Posts: 2
    I'm beyond happy with my PAS products , Kaimana mini is beautiful & the smoke plungers for my OBS-MX are sweet. I think I should of gotten 6more smoke plungers but I'll order them soon. My question is for the breakout board for the brook fighting board, to gain access to L3 & R3 do I just soder wire to the brook FBoard? Or that's out of the questioned ?

I'm sure this user doesn't need this answered anymore but I do, and I contacted support about it. Doesn't seem that the Paradise Breakout Board has L3/R3 connections, even though the Brook Fightboard connections for those buttons are soldered onto header pins. I'll update when I get supports email, back. If anyone has info on this, I would really appreciate it. Would love to not have to solder onto the Brook board directly.
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 236
    edited May 12
    Got the answers I was looking for!
    Post edited by Bubbledotjpg on
  • zeththedarkmagezeththedarkmage Standing Fierce all day Joined: Posts: 809
    Ordered late Thursday, items shipped Friday, and arrived today. Love you guys.

3feFH5i.jpg
    DLC 8/25/07
    JMS 2/07/09

"Only the good die young..."
  • SusanInParadiseSusanInParadise Joined: Posts: 100
    @zeththedarkmage We love you too!! Those look sweet!!!
    @Skarre We need to get more made.....right now we are out of 1.5 and 4, we usually wait until we have a larger order to make it more cost efficient.
    @FlashFlood_29 you have to solder directly to the Brook board for that as our screw terminals don't provide those inputs at this time. Sorry!
  • KensumitsuKensumitsu The lurker Joined: Posts: 26
    What are the 2 extra USB ports on the fight board breakout for?