Super Turbo HUD

123457»

Comments

• PaskyPasky Ninja with pistol! Joined: Posts: 1,863
    x86...lol
    <Pasky> so you can go extra fast by just holding it?
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    <baklakiller> sure if had a penis
    <baklakiller> im a beginner gief
  • Coth_XCoth_X G(x) = (3/(1-3x)) - 3 - 3x - 27x^2 Joined: Posts: 4,340
    x86...lol

Is it because of the architectures? I thought it would be different because its amd.
    "The purpose of proof is to understand, not to verify." - Arnold Ross
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416 <--- Coolest Game Ever!
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    They have a common instruction set. Still, they are different. However, programs for windows are rarely optimized for different processors, so the different instructions often do not get used. If you have the source, then you can use compiler flags so that the whole instruction set for your processor will be used.

Architecture is different from instruction set, BTW. That's - part of the explanation - why different chipsets are needed for different processors.
    I remember learning that cisc has a stranglehold on desktop and laptop computing while risc is being used on mobile. And that creating a new achitecture also needs instructions built for it?
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    I figure a guy who uses assembly regularly is more knowledgeable about it.

Ill just use wikipedia from now on.
    I ain't yo professor son :P.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
    How's ggpo these days?
  • x64x64 Fuck your SRK Joined: Posts: 3,187
    Turbo 1 :sad:
    ST/HDR/USF2: Honda/Rog/O.Hawk | USF4: Bison | SFV: Ryu :(
    XBL: mr x64 | PSN: deadpool_zero | SFV: epistaxis64
    Fightcade/USF2: x64
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,388
    ^ Still feels fast besides that setting. I think turbo 1 only kicks in if you press reset during a match.
    Depends on the stage too.
  • ultracomboultracombo Weakest Loser Joined: Posts: 741
    Turbo 1 :sad:
    Oh god, Not this shit again
    "If ultracombo misses a low roundhouse, he is likely to continue doing it." - TheMuffinMan
  • KnightWarriorKnightWarrior Joined: Posts: 800
    Nice Job
    ^ Still feels fast besides that setting. I think turbo 1 only kicks in if you press reset during a match.

Where do you play ST? It feels like I'm playing underwater compared to normal.
    Oh god, Not this shit again

Was there a controversy prior to me complaining about T1? I'm curious as to how/why the change was made, because it wasn't like that for the first few years on GGPO.
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,714
    I think it's to accommodate for the ever-present lag in the online environment. Speed-wise, it's fairly comparable to offline ST played at higher speeds.
  • ultracomboultracombo Weakest Loser Joined: Posts: 741
    Pretty much what eltrouble said, There were plenty of morons who were complaining about it when the change was made. Anytime anyone complains about T1 I just assume they are a troll who's desperate to abuse lag tactics. Not saying this about you studtrooper, but yeah let's not argue about this, T1 is proper, T2 and T3 are a waste of time.
    "If ultracombo misses a low roundhouse, he is likely to continue doing it." - TheMuffinMan
    Where do you play ST? It feels like I'm playing underwater compared to normal.

Was there a controversy prior to me complaining about T1? I'm curious as to how/why the change was made, because it wasn't like that for the first few years on GGPO.

What's your input delay setting?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
  • F-A-M-I-L-Y ManF-A-M-I-L-Y Man feedin you and feedin you Joined: Posts: 229
    FBA T1 even feels fast for me compared to offline Japan Turbo 2, gauging by charge time, tick throw timing, and combos. I am pretty sure it's not online lag/input delay either, because when I practice combos offline, the slowest setting feels closest. It'd be cool if someone did some objective testing on this though, maybe based on timing the clock.
    GGPO: Pillowhashi
    Well I'm curious what stud's delay is set to, since extra delay might make it feel sludgy.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    Well I'm curious what stud's delay is set to, since extra delay might make it feel sludgy.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

That isn't it. I've played offline ST recently and I play on Supercade (where it's set to turbo 2) and it feels normal.
    FBA T1 even feels fast for me compared to offline Japan Turbo 2, gauging by charge time, tick throw timing, and combos. I am pretty sure it's not online lag/input delay either, because when I practice combos offline, the slowest setting feels closest. It'd be cool if someone did some objective testing on this though, maybe based on timing the clock.

Why would you play Japan T2?

Pretty much what eltrouble said, There were plenty of morons who were complaining about it when the change was made. Anytime anyone complains about T1 I just assume they are a troll who's desperate to abuse lag tactics. Not saying this about you studtrooper, but yeah let's not argue about this, T1 is proper, T2 and T3 are a waste of time.

Abuse lag tactics huh? Wish I was around when this change was being talked about (I hope there was some discourse before a force to T1 was made).

But you're right, this isn't the place to talk about this.
  • F-A-M-I-L-Y ManF-A-M-I-L-Y Man feedin you and feedin you Joined: Posts: 229
    Why would you play Japan T2?

Sorry, US T2, Japan T3. Tournament standard etc.
    GGPO: Pillowhashi
    But you didn't answer the question. Do you have your input delay set higher than maybe 2 frames?

Supercade T2 feels normal?

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    But you didn't answer the question. Do you have your input delay set higher than maybe 2 frames?

Supercade T2 feels normal?

Sent using Tapatalk 2

No and yes. Perhaps the speed diff between T1 and T2 is easier to negotiate for most people besides myself.
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    That isn't it. I've played offline ST recently and I play on Supercade (where it's set to turbo 2) and it feels normal.

maybe you're different than everyone else

<roybisel> i was doing everything too fast for a long time, damn ggpo had me conditioned.
    <roybisel> had to slow down
    <afro legends> yeah ggpo is faster
    <afro legends> it throws me off too when i play offline
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • MalvadiscoMalvadisco Marambio Joined: Posts: 2,967
    but using FBA offline on t2 or higher has the same issues?
    CARACOLES
  • BoggleMindsBoggleMinds Joined: Posts: 335
    I think arcade JP T3 speed falls somewhere between T0 and T1 on GGPO. I prefer playing at Turbo 0 anyway, it feels a bit smoother especially given that it's online. It's kind of funny that back in the day Turbo 2 was the standard on GGPO until Ponder changed the default save state to Turbo 1 (a good thing, of course).
    "My first visit to an arcade changed my life. It was such a sensational experience. The fact I got to play with total strangers and connect with them through the game enthralled me." --Daigo Umehara

www.youtube.com/Guoguodi
    GGPO Handle: Gizzle
    I have a question: can the "real" Akuma be made playable just by changing memory, or editing the ROM? I mean that with ease, that is, without editing several parts of the code.
  • felinekifelineki Joined: Posts: 981
    I have a question: can the "real" Akuma be made playable just by changing memory, or editing the ROM? I mean that with ease, that is, without editing several parts of the code.
    A hack was actually recently released that makes CPU-style Akuma playable. It's not complete however, you'll notice some weird things happen when attempting to use certain specials, and the strength of his specials depends on the strength of the normal you last performed (gee, where have I heard that before?). But yes, it seems to be something that requires editing several bits of code.
    shinakuma.png
    I need to check and see if an updated version has been released yet.
    "The Hammer Bros. Suit was more broken than O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto put together." -specs

"I always thought that O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto were just aspects of the Hammer Bros. Suit, broken down in several pieces in order to keep the universe from breaking." -Wellman
  • papasipapasi N Ken is the truth Joined: Posts: 1,568
    I am interested to see shin akuma's hitboxes and compare them to regular akuma's

iirc ganelon said that shin akuma's hitboxes are ridiculous and that HDR akuma inherited shin akuma's.
    eltrouble "I doubt that ST will be on the main stream ever again."
    OhNuki: Real men play ST!!
    James Chen: there is something special about playing ST on a cab. It just feels so goooooood.
    Super Turbo Hitbox & safe jump guide http://www.strevival.com/hitbox/
  • felinekifelineki Joined: Posts: 981
    I haven't compared Shin Akuma's hitboxes with regular Akuma's yet, but regular Akuma does have a few ridiculous hitboxes. Notably his far standing medium kick and his vertical jumping hard kick.
    "The Hammer Bros. Suit was more broken than O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto put together." -specs

"I always thought that O. Sagat, AHVB, and CotA Magneto were just aspects of the Hammer Bros. Suit, broken down in several pieces in order to keep the universe from breaking." -Wellman
  • CWheezyCWheezy Joined: Posts: 889
    I haven't compared Shin Akuma's hitboxes with regular Akuma's yet, but regular Akuma does have a few ridiculous hitboxes. Notably his far standing medium kick and his vertical jumping hard kick.
    I just checked now, Akuma basically has Old ryu hitboxes on his moves, hdr akuma has the same jump attacks, but his crouching kicks are the same as other shotos
    snip.
    I never knew Akuma's head hitbox was so projected. One can still do very little about it, though, with most characters.
  • JizzonJizzon ...or Thenarus, whichever. Joined: Posts: 650
    Any new possibilities with the HUD, Pasky? I know you've been tooling with all sorts of other games, but the ST HUD is really great for testing out some things. I've used it enough that I find myself looking for nonexistent dizzy meters without it. (If there was one thing I could add to ST...)

Also, did anyone ever figure out what causes the reversal errors with:

-Ken's, Dhalsim's, and Sagat's supers
    -T.Hawk's Rising Hawk (both N. and O.)
    -O.Dic's Devil Reverse
    -O.Gief's full-screen Siberian Suplex
    -O.Chun's fireball speed

?
    I haven't touched it. I'm currently working on Guilty Gear's box viewer. Then I'll probably write the GGPOFBA box viewer. I've also got Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 boxes and Capcom Vs. SNK boxes in the works.

O.Gief's reversal hitbox was discovered by dammit and pretty sure it was just a rollover error by the programmers.

I'm too lazy to reverse ST lately, I've moved on to a lot of other games. If there was something significant to discover, I may turn my head back to it.
    <bookah> turbo handjob
123457»