The RGV Thread - As South As South Can Get Part III

Comments

• KombineKombine Best of the Worst Joined: Posts: 6
    Hey all, I'm pretty mediocre at fighting games, but I love playing them. I mostly play UMvC3, but I also play others like KOF, BB, and some SF. I'm pretty much done with online, so I'm interested in looking for some offline competition. I live in Pharr and my PSN is Kombine47 if anyone wants to know.
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    BTW DJ I think I saw you at the mall yesterday.

Anyone down for a sendoff tourny at Let's Play on the 19th? It's Lambo's birthday and the last day it's gonna be at the mall.
    Last time I went to the mall I was only at Sears cause I needed to buy a washing machine and that was two weeks ago.

Where is LP moving to? And I'm down for a moving tournament assuming I'm free. Isn't the 19th a sunday though?

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
    Hey all, I'm pretty mediocre at fighting games, but I love playing them. I mostly play UMvC3, but I also play others like KOF, BB, and some SF. I'm pretty much done with online, so I'm interested in looking for some offline competition. I live in Pharr and my PSN is Kombine47 if anyone wants to know.

You actually live right near a lot of players who play everything, you should have no problems finding a get together. I think a fight night is coming up this weekend in that area. Don't know the details though.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
  • F*CKTHESCENEF*CKTHESCENE Joined: Posts: 712
    Yo they can't do a tournament this Sunday, from what I understand ray has to start getting everything down and pack it up since they are moving on monday
    Yo they can't do a tournament this Sunday, from what I understand ray has to start getting everything down and pack it up since they are moving on monday
    Where are they moving to?

-DJ-
    Just like that.
  • UntitledprjectUntitledprject Nani? Joined: Posts: 114
    "Top 8 material, even with pad" - Keninblack

PSN: Untitledproject
    Where are they moving to?

-DJ-

They are moving down on Jackson street
  • UntitledprjectUntitledprject Nani? Joined: Posts: 114
    Happy birthday to Lambo! Not that he goes on here, but gonna be doing 18 unnecessary level 4's today for my bro.
    "Top 8 material, even with pad" - Keninblack

PSN: Untitledproject
    Happy birthday lambo if he ever gets on here lol
  • kwfangkwfang Still the original kwfang Joined: Posts: 31
    Man P4A is fun to bad most people i play against just autocombo to no end
    Training everyday to become a champ one day
    They are moving down on Jackson street

Wow basically down your street. Not much over there for kids. Jackson St. Jubilee should get some people in there though.

When do they open up again? We should have a marvel tournament to break in the place.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    They're gonna reopen on the 27th
  • Captan SovietCaptan Soviet Joined: Posts: 149
    You guys know of any scene around Kingsville? Going to TAMUK there pretty soon. I play UMvC3, KOF13, P4A, and Skullgirls.
    Last I remember a lot of the people who play go to the University there. You might want to check out the gameroom there or whatever it's called when school starts and see if you see people playing. They do exist just gotta find them. All else fails hit up Corpus.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    Bump for great measure.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is out today.

And I read something that there will be a Anime get together and tournament at the new LP location towards the end of the September. I don't know the exact day though so if someone knows please post it up.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
  • BIG BEEF!BIG BEEF! Joined: Posts: 1,635
    29th??? I think who knows
    Dayum, this thread is dead, btw this Saturday let's play is having a tournament on the 29th, and a special 5v5 for umvc3,hope to see you guys there
    Marvel Origins out today. AHHH YEAHH!!! I played during my lunch and lost my first 2 ranked matches and then my xbox froze........:bluu: These new games have completely fucked up my way of playing old school Marvel. I started attacking in MvC like if I was play MvC3 and I was just wait what the hell am I doing......and I'm dead:wasted:

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    Lucky :(, won't be getting it till Monday to play
  • Waffle SlapperWaffle Slapper Better hide your waffles Joined: Posts: 331
    Would you guys happen by any chance know of any upcoming RGV events? (specifically AE)
    I'm curious myself on when the next anything is as well. I had to miss the last one due to some sudden obligations.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    Well the next event it this south Texas horror con that's happening today and throughout the weekend, but you have to pay to get in, and the prices for that event ranges from 30-45$ I think, then after that you can participate in the tournaments, but that's what I heard, don't know if it's true or not
  • TRUTRU Bodied By Tru XBOX Gamertag Truaj79 Joined: Posts: 1,602
    Sup all. Wondering if this is the Edinburg thread?
    It's the RGV thread so yes Edinburg would be included. Welcome aboard :party:

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    It's the RGV thread so yes Edinburg would be included. Welcome aboard :party:

-DJ-

Ah! Cool. Well my name is Aj. Pretty soon in January I believe, I'll be moving to Edinburg.....is there an arcade or everyone just meet up somewhere? I play SFAE and some marvel.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    That is actually the perfect spot for getting your game on since most of the action happens over there now. If you can find the Critical Hit Gaming group on facebook you should be able to find more information.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    That is actually the perfect spot for getting your game on since most of the action happens over there now. If you can find the Critical Hit Gaming group on facebook you should be able to find more information.

-DJ-

Awesome! Good looking out.
    I'll check it out.
    My lil brother will tag along. Wants to check it out but only for a week. He will be heading back to California.
    He a better than I am on marvel. We tied on AE. Hate his Rufus.
    But I take tourneys lol

Welcome to the rgv tru, yes, in Edinburgh or the surrounding city's, you'll some of the best competition there is for marvel and ae, but in order for you to get your game on with them you need to hit up there Facebook Page called critical hit, there they usually do meet ups or gatherings, and or go off topic and say random shit lol, either way broski, here's hoping in getting some games in/meeting with you :)

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    Welcome to the rgv tru, yes, in Edinburgh or the surrounding city's, you'll some of the best competition there is for marvel and ae, but in order for you to get your game on with them you need to hit up there Facebook Page called critical hit, there they usually do meet ups or gatherings, and or go off topic and say random shit lol, either way broski, here's hoping in getting some games in/meeting with you :)

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the hospitality. Iook forward to meet u all. My lil brother Abe will tag along for a few...think u guys heard of him. He goes by Neo.
    So yeah think I found a place in McAllen.
    Well I'll check out Critical hit.

Neo is bro, wow, man last time I played that guy is when he went to Dallas for the mm with fanatiq and toan, wouldn't mind getting some games with him in ultimate for sure then
    Neo is bro, wow, man last time I played that guy is when he went to Dallas for the mm with fanatiq and toan, wouldn't mind getting some games with him in ultimate for sure then

That was awhile ago. I was visiting my relatives in Irving while he was there. And the other time with that Big MM with Rudy. Good times. But he more mahvel, I'm SfAE. Wanted a MM with Jewel man but it never happened. But since in in the same state i get to challenge Texas best. I was at arcade UFO last winter. Cool kats.

So anyone on XBL? My gamer tag is Truaj79

Awesome man, I'm sure you'll find some great competition in both games down here for sure, man I sure hope you can handle hot weather man, cuz the weather down here in on a whole other level big time haha, my gamer tag is James aar0n,but atm I ran out of live so sorry about that :(
    Awesome man, I'm sure you'll find some great competition in both games down here for sure, man I sure hope you can handle hot weather man, cuz the weather down here in on a whole other level big time haha, my gamer tag is James aar0n,but atm I ran out of live so sorry about that :(

No worries, I'm use to the weather.

I won't be at a computer probably for the next day and half so HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    Got a ps3 name is aar0n_james85, add If you want to play tekken or marvel since that's the only games I play since I'm real bad at ae :(
  • Ez-The-ChampionEz-The-Champion UH OH It's The CHAMP Joined: Posts: 1,379
    Got a ps3 name is aar0n_james85, add If you want to play tekken or marvel since that's the only games I play since I'm real bad at ae :(

Add me:

EZ-THE-CHAMPION (Primary Accnt)
    OMEGA_-_SHENRON_ (Troll accnt/just created it)

Sold TTT2 after owning Burgers (AKA SHIZUMA_15) and platinum the game! New to UMVC3, just bought it like 3 weeks ago and already owned Alvaro (AKA BBoyPozin) the guy that used to live here and moved to Austin!! If I'm full on my primary accnt then send me friends request to my OMEGA accnt! Oh and sorry but don't play AE, they should retire this game......seriously!

IF you don't know who I'm talking about, Alvaro is the guy in red shirt/cap!! You know who he is! LOVE THE VIDEO LOL!!
    "Also known as the "Original Champion" of marvel in the Deep South Texas Region"
    End of the world party at Jims house tonight ALL OF SRK IS INVITED :p
  • J.DJ.D EVO Staff Joined: Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yo anyone down for some UMVC3 or Halo 4 on XBL?
    Hit me up!
    Fight For The Future!!
    I probably won't be on the internet for the next 6-7 days. So Merry Christmas to all you guys and have a Happy New Year.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    Happy new yr guyz, try to keep your new year resolution this time :p
  • Waffle SlapperWaffle Slapper Better hide your waffles Joined: Posts: 331
    Anyone going to the Spam Tournament this 26th?
    https://www.facebook.com/events/267968266663766/
  • NoaNoa Cyberdyne Industries/ Skynet Division Joined: Posts: 1,289
    Any games going on tonight?
    RINGO: And you must be Doc Holliday.
    DOC: That's the rumor.
    RINGO: You retired, too?
    DOC: Not me. I'm in my prime.
    Dood, where have you been man, you almost done with school :p, there was games at my house Friday night, but didn't check on the thread till now haha, why don't we get some games in this Friday man
    One more year and I'm done with school man, then I'm off to the USAF to get my gold bar. If all I had was school and work I'd be good but I have to lose some weight so I've been hitting that cardio and circuit training pretty hard. It sucks hearing from people that it looks like I'm losing weight, I hate being small man lol. I've always wanted to be big but I need to lose about 20lbs to be eligible for the Air Force. But yeah man, I'll see what's up this Friday. I'll shoot you a text Friday night.
    Texas Showdown is back and without Planet Zero :eek:

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    Wow what happened to SRK?!?!?! I understand change and all that but not sure I like this new type of forum.
    Just like that.
  • Shizuma_15Shizuma_15 Cowboys 2-6 :( Joined: Posts: 2,241
    damn wtf is this place!
    "what happend i won, fuck your mag"

"Bitches Be Thirsty" DJWheat
  • BIG BEEF!BIG BEEF! Joined: Posts: 1,635
    que?
    BIG BEEF! wrote: »
    que?
    Your accent is sexy.
    Just like that.
    I'm too lazy to start a new thread so I'll just post links to my uploads here.
    My Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/nassaulnoal
    Latest Video: