The RGV Thread - As South As South Can Get Part III

Comments

• F*CKTHESCENEF*CKTHESCENE Joined: Posts: 712
    Man i heard about that, made me sad :(
  • BIG BEEF!BIG BEEF! Joined: Posts: 1,635
    And with the first overall pick of the rapture draft, God selects...Machon Man Randy Savage .OOOOOoOOH YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    Our good ol pal Lord BBH is in the mini documentary they made of the Portland scene. His hat even makes an appearance a few times. Shoryuken - FIGHT: Arena of Gamers - Mini Documentary on the Portland Scene

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
    SRK back up and holy shit this looks weird.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
  • DanEGDanEG like water Joined: Posts: 337
    ew ew ew ew ew
    My avatar owns.
    -DJ-
    Just like that.
  • Ez-The-ChampionEz-The-Champion UH OH It's The CHAMP Joined: Posts: 1,379
    Not enjoying this new SRK layout!! Having problems adding an avatar on this shit!!
    "Also known as the "Original Champion" of marvel in the Deep South Texas Region"
    what in gods name did they do too these forums trophy's and shit now what is this xbox live my avatar expresses my feelings for these new boards.
    So does mine LOL

-DJ-
    Just like that.
  • J.DJ.D EVO Staff Joined: Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The singing ad is still there :(
    Fight For The Future!!
    And the NEW dead thread continues................
    "Also known as the "Original Champion" of marvel in the Deep South Texas Region"
    ANYWAY Jim Movies this weekend boys nigh out grab Jive from his ball hairs if you have too.
  • NoaNoa Cyberdyne Industries/ Skynet Division Joined: Posts: 1,289
    I'm gonna be at LP this weekend if anyone wants to get some games in. I'll be there around 1 on Saturday.
    RINGO: And you must be Doc Holliday.
    DOC: That's the rumor.
    RINGO: You retired, too?
    DOC: Not me. I'm in my prime.
    Is there a tournament going on this weekend at LP? I've been so busy on the weekends lately so I don't know if I can play but I wouldn't mind stopping by for a lil bit to see whats up and maybe see a few matches.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    I'm gonna be at LP this weekend if anyone wants to get some games in. I'll be there around 1 on Saturday.

Ill play you, see you there
    your a liar you aren't even going to go liar
    If anybody see Burgers around, tell him to get his ass on PSN that there's people that want to kick his ass in old school marvel!!
    your a liar you aren't even going to go liar
    lol your the one lying saying your gonna hang out with your boys this weekend which i HIGHLY doubt man :p
  • NoaNoa Cyberdyne Industries/ Skynet Division Joined: Posts: 1,289

Sounds good.
    RINGO: And you must be Doc Holliday.
    DOC: That's the rumor.
    RINGO: You retired, too?
    DOC: Not me. I'm in my prime.
  • furixfurix Joined: Posts: 1,524
    New SRK is crazy. Feels faster, too.

So what's everyone been playing? I suddenly feel like playing some CvS2.
    Arcana Heart 3~
    I would like to hear the opinions and thoughts of everyones take on "pot splitting" in the competitive community as it stands now. I want to argue about it.
    Argue? Personally I don't care if someone splits the pot if they are good friends. It happens often where 2 players that play each other a lot end up in finals, if that happens, then sure, split the pot. They managed to beat everyone, so they should be able to do whatever with their prize money, right?
    Arcana Heart 3~
    I meant argue in a good way. Guess I should have said debate. I agree with you, Furix. I don't feel that the "integrity" of the game or community is effected what so ever in a situation like that. It isn't the NBA or NFL where one persons actions effect 50-100 people that are directly involved with the team, it is a pure individual sport with pretty much no sponsors. Player's invest their own time, energy and money to get to and from these events, the money awarded is theirs to do with what they wish when earned. If all players were sponsored, they would be obligated to play out the matches to their sponsors. But EG appears to be the biggest sponsor and fine with splitting thus far. I feel like the whole perspective being applied to the SRK and Smash scenes with the card system comes from the longing for mainstream acceptance and corporate assistance. Then another issue comes up if that is really "best" for the community. [MLG has huge sponsors and their top 16 teams are under contract to compete only in MLG sanctioned events. Team America has to send 17th ranked MoB into the WCG because 1-16 were ineligible due to contracts. They lost to Canada...Halo 2 s tuff. That is the best for the community?! Like I said, a whole other subject.]

The main argument is from a pot-monster stance [the masses opinion is not always the logical one] where by their traveling to a major event and paying money to enter gives them the ability to say "We deserve high level final matches and players shouldn't sandbag." The mentality is that they deserve something when I don't believe they really do. Do I deserve to get past second round in tournament? Fuck no, I suck and I got what I put into the game. There are better solutions than making arbitrary rulings over the subjectivity of sandbagging. Although we might see it, it is impossible to prove unless the player admits to it.

This is really only a portion of my thoughts but I need to do some yardwork lol. Thanks for responding Furix.
    I don't mind a chop but I prefer to see a winner. That's just how I've always been with that. I think it really only matters in big tournaments because that is when the big money and sponsors come into play. Also when it gets down to the final few players the person who is not involved with the split of the money can get screwed.

It's happened many times before in the past big tournaments with someone throwing matches in big tournaments it's not anything new it's been around since the beginning of time. It was either Evo2k2 or 2k3 when Seattle was a an MvC2 power house and I can't remember if it was Kuan or Row but supposedly one of them lost on purpose so that the other player could advance further because that player who won had a better chance of beating the next opponent. Accusations were also pointed out many times to Empire Arcadia in the past when one of their players would lose to a person who they usually beat so that person who lost would clean up shop in the endings of the loser bracket so empire can place more people in the money. The most well known one was an an older Midwest Championships. Justin Wong had lost against I wanna say it was Ricky Ortiz in a semi final match (forgot the game) and the loser of that match played against someone who was very capable of beating the remaining members of Empire and of course JWong cleaned up shop and Empire took top 3 money places.

Again it depends on the calibur of the tournament. That shit wouldn't fly at EVO now but nobody would care if it was a local tournament.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
  • Shizuma_15Shizuma_15 Cowboys 2-6 :( Joined: Posts: 2,241
    If anybody see Burgers around, tell him to get his ass on PSN that there's people that want to kick his ass in old school marvel!!
    lol ill hit you up later on tonight i have thursday off and a steady supply of motivation for a marvel session :)
    "what happend i won, fuck your mag"

"Bitches Be Thirsty" DJWheat
    lol ill hit you up later on tonight i have thursday off and a steady supply of motivation for a marvel session :)

Ever since you posted on mvc2 forum that you wanted peeps to play you online, I told the world to send you messages to play you and that you wanted to get whooped!! :D

I'll be on tonight!!
  • kwfangkwfang Still the original kwfang Joined: Posts: 31
    Who hear plays MvC3 out of curiosity?
    Training everyday to become a champ one day
    The majority of us do. Just a hand few of people from each city don't but it should be very easy to find games for MvC3.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
  • Al FrappAl Frapp Joined: Posts: 5

Ill probably stop by also.
    don't be a putz.
    Elvis Horse will be God Tier just wait and see.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/25/china-prisoners-internet-gaming-scam?cat=world&type=article

The next time you have to fight some guy in WoW for some really rare item or gold or w/e... Think about it, by letting him have it, you might save the guy from getting physically beat up...!
    Arcana Heart 3~
  • bane3789bane3789 3S CHUN OWNS YOU Joined: Posts: 779
    im off saturday, ill be at the lan center all day since theres a melee tourney, but if anyone stops by ill be more then happy to play mvc3 :) also dan, pot splitting is fine imo but unless ur tight on time i think you should play just for the fans, they may not be entitled to high level matches per say, but as someone who wins there fair share of tourneys i think it helps the lower level players learn alot as well as the top 2 players thanking the rest of the entrants for making there pot bigger =)
    I pick bison cause hes overpowered, all i do is psycho crusher my way to money
    Jive: What's your new school schedule look like?

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    Jive: What's your new school schedule look like?

-DJ-
    ill tell you for a dollar :)
  • FedoraFedora Joined: Posts: 204
    I believe this is what your looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-q29hbEP04
    Anybody wanna play marvel? I am available any time really.
    Arcana Heart 3~
    Anybody wanna play marvel? I am available any time really.

sure why not :D
  • RoTeNdORoTeNdO The 'Hardcore Gamer' Joined: Posts: 4,516
    Get ready! The first ***UCC*** event of the new season takes place the following week after the next City Meet-Ups in Killeen.
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?events/ucc-proving-grounds-so-it-begins-mvc3-ssfiv-mk9-killeen-tx-6-18-11.99/

City Meet-Ups takes place in the same venue as the tourney, so be sure to hit it up to get a feel of the setups :tup:

-Rotendo
    ===The few, the proud, the Marines!===
    *EVO Judge 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Central Texas Brawl Tournament Director
    sure why not :D

You wanna play? You are free to come over any time. I don't really like playing online, so i'd rather have offline lol.
    Arcana Heart 3~
  • LuizLuiz smh Joined: Posts: 1,234
    Furix is DTF.
    D:

Luiz, let's play
    Arcana Heart 3~
    I am just going to leave this here....still some updates to come, but hype for the most part.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jul-8-2011-nexus-500-pot-bonus-for-ssfiv-ae-mcallen-tx-july-8th-9th-mcallen-tx.137880/
    I am just going to leave this here....still some updates to come, but hype for the most part.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/jul-8-2011-nexus-500-pot-bonus-for-ssfiv-ae-mcallen-tx-july-8th-9th-mcallen-tx.137880/

If this event/tournament is going to be held at the McAllen Convention Center, then I think it would be wise if someone post this event or ad on the newspaper since it's going to be held at a big venue!! Posting an ad on the monitor will no doubt bring larger audiences and spectators to this event.

Excitement :D
    If this event/tournament is going to be held at the McAllen Convention Center, then I think it would be wise if someone post this event or ad on the newspaper since it's going to be held at a big venue!! Posting an ad on the monitor will no doubt bring larger audiences and spectators to this event.

thanks for the heads up EZ, we have two community members that work at the monitor...so i will see if they can pull some strings!
    Well it's official my girl and I will be moving into our new place on Friday. Will start some of my move tomorrow but most of it will be done Friday. I will be with out internet till Monday:sad: till the cable guy comes by. I'm still in Harlingen just not where I've been since forever.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    Well it's official my girl and I will be moving into our new place on Friday. Will start some of my move tomorrow but most of it will be done Friday. I will be with out internet till Monday:sad: till the cable guy comes by. I'm still in Harlingen just not where I've been since forever.

-DJ-
    HOUSE PARTY