The PC gaming Thread. Steam/GOG/Origin/Etc. Game/Software/Hardware talk.

1232233234235237

Comments

  • IanoIano Joined: Posts: 51
    Newegg via eBay has 7700k's for $309 right now, no tax for most. There may not be an "official" MSRP drop, but looks like deals like the Microcenter & Newegg deals might become the norm. I was pretty hyped on Ryzen but I might just jump on this...
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    edited March 5
    Iano wrote: »
    Newegg via eBay has 7700k's for $309 right now, no tax for most. There may not be an "official" MSRP drop, but looks like deals like the Microcenter & Newegg deals might become the norm. I was pretty hyped on Ryzen but I might just jump on this...
    And only on eBay. Newegg does price cuts on eBay for overstock as eBay sales aren't retail sales.

    There no such discounts on Newegg.com, Microcenter, or Amazon.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,265
    Picked up Far Cry Primal cheap on cdkeys.com. I know the series is formulaic, but damned if it isn't fun. The beast master stuff adds a nice twist versus 3 and 4.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,254
    Reticently wrote: »
    The 1700X seems to be benchmarking very close to the 1800X, which makes it a much better value proposition. Also, some of the gaming concerns are getting overblown. Right now, if you are building a very high-end gaming rig but still gaming at 1080p, Intel is a clear winner. That's a pretty specific use-case scenario though, I think most people throwing down for a top end graphics card are probably gaming at 1440 or higher, where Intel's advantage evaporates. And Ryzen is still benchmarking as well or better at most of the non-gaming applications. I just don't think you can say Ryzen is a wrong choice to make right now, unless your PC is going to greatly outclass your monitor.

    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_7_1700x_review,1.html
    It is what it is though, the performance definitely is good enough for what it needs to be, but currently at 1080P with a fast enough GPU the performance lacks a little compared to where it needs to be and can be. For now we will give AMD the benefit of the doubt here, the platform is young and everything is new. The processor certainly is fast enough compared to the Intel 59xx / 69xx counterparts. We will keep an eye on this and when we have to report anything about it we'll update this content. And also in closing on this topic, if you are a little GPU bound or use 2560x1440, this pretty much is a non-issue as perf there is top notch for what the processor needs to deliver.

    New rig will just be gaming in 1080P since I'm running a GTX 1060, so this only further complicates my decision. lol

    With a GTX 1060 it should be your graphics card bottlenecking your framerates more often than not regardless whether you go Ryzen or Intel, even at 1080p.

    You can get close to maxing out a GTX 1060 even with an overclocked FX8350.

    I don't think you'd see a meaningful difference between Intel and Ryzen below a GTX 1070.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited March 5
    From a consumer perspective Ryzen is already doing its job by making Intel lower their prices. (Also, Intel wouldn't be doing this if Ryzen was trash).

    Would personally wait a couple of months before buying either (AMD to get the kinks worked out and Intel to lower prices), but YMMV. Have never been an early adopter.
    verdant0 wrote: »
    I can't find an answer to this but for 4K video editing, how much of it is relying on the CPU or will a quad core do just as fine?
    For gaming it has been better to have a powerful 4-core CPU but for rendering, encoding and other tasks, you're better off with more cores even if they're individually slower.

    edit:
    In this Adobe Premeire video rendering test, the R7 1800x at stock speed is on par with the i7 6900k, which costs twice as much.
    ryzen-r7-1800x-premiere-no-cuda.png
    Ryzen is definitely worth looking at if you're going to be doing a lot of work that benefits from more CPU cores.

    another edit: all that said, GPU also matters in video rendering, not just CPU. For example previews and video effects lean more on the GPU, AFAIK.
    Post edited by TS on
  • CDB2CDB2 Joined: Posts: 2,258
    edited March 5
    Tried out Ghost Recon: Wildlands on PS4 and PC last weekend, the PC version is just leaps and bounds superior!!
    Though I'm going hold out and right for price drop.

    Speaking of, today is the last day for a sale for all of the Marvel games on Steam!!

    Tempted to get Ultimate Mahvel 3 and Marvel: UA 2...the first has not aged well.
    SFV: Laura & Akuma...TEAM "DAT AZZ" & MURDER-FACE
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,489 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Reticently wrote: »
    Reticently wrote: »
    The 1700X seems to be benchmarking very close to the 1800X, which makes it a much better value proposition. Also, some of the gaming concerns are getting overblown. Right now, if you are building a very high-end gaming rig but still gaming at 1080p, Intel is a clear winner. That's a pretty specific use-case scenario though, I think most people throwing down for a top end graphics card are probably gaming at 1440 or higher, where Intel's advantage evaporates. And Ryzen is still benchmarking as well or better at most of the non-gaming applications. I just don't think you can say Ryzen is a wrong choice to make right now, unless your PC is going to greatly outclass your monitor.

    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/amd_ryzen_7_1700x_review,1.html
    It is what it is though, the performance definitely is good enough for what it needs to be, but currently at 1080P with a fast enough GPU the performance lacks a little compared to where it needs to be and can be. For now we will give AMD the benefit of the doubt here, the platform is young and everything is new. The processor certainly is fast enough compared to the Intel 59xx / 69xx counterparts. We will keep an eye on this and when we have to report anything about it we'll update this content. And also in closing on this topic, if you are a little GPU bound or use 2560x1440, this pretty much is a non-issue as perf there is top notch for what the processor needs to deliver.

    New rig will just be gaming in 1080P since I'm running a GTX 1060, so this only further complicates my decision. lol

    With a GTX 1060 it should be your graphics card bottlenecking your framerates more often than not regardless whether you go Ryzen or Intel, even at 1080p.

    You can get close to maxing out a GTX 1060 even with an overclocked FX8350.

    I don't think you'd see a meaningful difference between Intel and Ryzen below a GTX 1070.

    Figured as much. Thanks.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bought the pre-order for Marvel 3. Sat out most of the last few console generations (played a little SF4 and dabbled in SF5), hopefully the online in Steam MvC3 isn't garbage and I don't have to try to get a refund. This will be my first shot at the game, despite all of my Marvel 2 love.
  • SonicabidSonicabid This is Jon he Does It Joined: Posts: 11,726
    TS wrote: »
    Bought the pre-order for Marvel 3. Sat out most of the last few console generations (played a little SF4 and dabbled in SF5), hopefully the online in Steam MvC3 isn't garbage and I don't have to try to get a refund. This will be my first shot at the game, despite all of my Marvel 2 love.

    I'll be getting the game on PC as well. I played it a lot last-gen, played it a hell of a lot more than I thought I would on PS4, and I imagine I'll be playing it quite a bit on PC as well. :tup:

    Wesker, man. Wesker.
    Davidstar wrote: »
    Five guys is the worst burger joint ever

    i can see why everybody talks shit about you in the discord i started.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,259
    edited March 6
    Anyone here playing Hollow Knight?
    Stumbled upon someone playing this game by chance when AvoidingThePuddle went offline on Twitch, and it looked intriguing to say the least.

    Bought it two days ago and it's hard for me to stop playing it.
    It's kind of Metroid meets Dark Souls and A Nightmare Before Christmas minus the retarded singing and Christmas.

    It's a lot more on the classic 2d Metroid side though. It has items but no experience points system, and you can customize these items as you see fit with limitations that encourage you to experiment with configurations that suit your style and skill level offering a risk vs reward system.

    You get these "notches" and skill stones that take up a number of notches. So basically you end up with a ton of skills but can only use a couple of them and gotta think about synergies and shit.

    Dying works like in Dark Souls, where you lose your money until you win a fight vs your corpse.
    Healing is done by channeling a spell that consumes mana and which leaves you open to attacks.
    Mana only refills by hitting enemies which rewards you for clean play and learning enemy patterns properly.

    It's a really cool game, though sadly as of writing this, it struggles with frame drops here and there that can cost your life but heck that fucking game deserves to be supported and only costs like €15.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    TS wrote: »
    From a consumer perspective Ryzen is already doing its job by making Intel lower their prices. (Also, Intel wouldn't be doing this if Ryzen was trash).

    Would personally wait a couple of months before buying either (AMD to get the kinks worked out and Intel to lower prices), but YMMV. Have never been an early adopter.
    verdant0 wrote: »
    I can't find an answer to this but for 4K video editing, how much of it is relying on the CPU or will a quad core do just as fine?
    For gaming it has been better to have a powerful 4-core CPU but for rendering, encoding and other tasks, you're better off with more cores even if they're individually slower.

    edit:
    In this Adobe Premeire video rendering test, the R7 1800x at stock speed is on par with the i7 6900k, which costs twice as much.
    ryzen-r7-1800x-premiere-no-cuda.png
    Ryzen is definitely worth looking at if you're going to be doing a lot of work that benefits from more CPU cores.

    another edit: all that said, GPU also matters in video rendering, not just CPU. For example previews and video effects lean more on the GPU, AFAIK.
    Except Intel didn't lower their prices, MSRP for Intel products are the same.

    Never pay double the retail price
  • FatalSeabassFatalSeabass Seabass is lethal! Joined: Posts: 960
    Yeah I plan on buying Hollow Knights. It looks really good and the Metroidvania style games are some of my favorite.
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,265
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Except Intel didn't lower their prices, MSRP for Intel products are the same.
    Don't know about the official MSRP, but the actual prices have come down already.
    http://hothardware.com/news/intel-reacting-to-amd-ryzen-apparently-cutting-prices-on-core-i7

  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    edited March 7
    TS wrote: »
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Except Intel didn't lower their prices, MSRP for Intel products are the same.
    Don't know about the official MSRP, but the actual prices have come down already.
    http://hothardware.com/news/intel-reacting-to-amd-ryzen-apparently-cutting-prices-on-core-i7

    That is a old and very incorrect article from February 26, 2017.
    It is March 6th, Ryzen was released March 2nd. Last Month may as well be the dinosaur age when talking about a new architecture launch like Ryzen.
    And review scores been out and Intel has yet to drop MSRP.

    All the price drops been Microcenter, Amazon and eBay sales.
    Intel has yet to lower any prices.

    Read out loud with me
    Microcenter prices is not Intel MSRP prices. Microcenter under price all their CPUs.

    Stores like Microcenter, Frys and Newegg can charge what ever they feel like, it's called doing buisness. They buy the shit at wholesale bulk prices, and sell under the retail price.
    Microcenter is even known to give away CPUs with Motherboard purchases.

    They do so knowing you most likely have to buy a CPU cooler, thermal paste, Ram, ect.

    The eBay and Amazon price of $309 is without a cooler, you most likely lose the price difference buying a decent CPU cooler like a Hyper 212 EVO from Cooler master or an equivalence from another brand.

    Don't shit your pants over Intel prices until Intel themselves drop the MSRP.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • TSTS pbbbbbbt... Joined: Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Sure thing, thank you for your input.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    TS wrote: »
    Sure thing, thank you for your input.
    If you are really concern with prices, you wouldn't even look at a i7.

    You be in the market for an Intel i3, i5 or a older AMD AM3 socket processor and if your CPU didn't come with a cooler you get the $10 (or less) bargain bin special.
    Maybe a APU or a motherboard with on-board graphics so you can skip in the Graphics card and get the cheap ram thats sans heat spreaders and a cheap PC case made from aluminium or plastic that comes with it's own free el-cheapo power supply. Fans, if not included are optional.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • SlurmzSlurmz I got John Blaze shit. Joined: Posts: 597
    gog.com is having a spring sale.
    "So what's the reason for the hating, niggas with dreads/Calling they self gods with white girls named Caitlin/And I'm cool with interracial dating, but I ain't about/To hear no fucking speeches cause I wanna have some bacon" - Phonte
  • RampageRampage Lurkin' Joined: Posts: 4,981
    edited March 7
  • drawpdrawp Joined: Posts: 31
    Looks like Ryzen is forcing Intel's hand a little...
    <-- Get the shirt @ http://drawp.com/
    I SHIP WORLDWIDE
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    edited March 7
    Rampage wrote: »
    Couple of sales that I spotted today:
    i7 6700k (Not the newest generation Kaby Lake, but still phenomenal for gaming) - $300 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-8M-Skylake-Quad-Core-4-0-GHz-BX80662I76700K-Processor-/371717261626?rmvSB=true

    Ryzen 1700 - $310 http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AMD-Ryzen-7-1700-8-Core-3-0GHz-Desktop-Processor-AM4-65W-YD1700BBAEBOX-/351996487464?rmvSB=true

    Hope this helps someone.

    Both sound like great deals.
    My only concern is the 2nd link the Ryzen processor is sold by GeekDeals with a mere 98.1% feedback rating, for eBay that actually really low. 98.5% is already a bad score.
    drawp wrote: »
    Looks like Ryzen is forcing Intel's hand a little...
    How? Intel has yet to drop MSRP on any of their SKUs.


    Post edited by Darksakul on
    Never pay double the retail price
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,265
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    JayzTwoCents on Ryzen


    AMD Ryzen Naples Server CPU


    Never pay double the retail price
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,259
    edited March 8

    Buy Dragon's Dogma and save the $17 for a real game.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    edited March 9
    Got my Asus X370 Pro Mother board in.

    Here are the specs and results of a quick benchmark.

    Old system specs
    CPU: AMD FX 6300 @ 4.1Ghz Overlock
    MB: Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 (latest Bios)
    Ram: Two sets of DDR3 G Skill 8GB (2 x 4GB) Dual Channel Ram, 16GB Total
    Video: Radeon R9 380
    Drives: PNY 480 GB SSD, Toshiba 4TB HDD
    OS: Windows 10, 64 Bit

    1IE29JX.png

    New System Specs
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700X @ 3.77 Ghz Overlocked
    MB: Asus X370-Pro (Bios ver 0504)
    Ram: DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB)
    Video: Radeon R9 380
    Drives: PNY 480 GB SSD, Toshiba 4TB HDD
    OS: Windows 10, 64 Bit

    ors62G6.png
    Never pay double the retail price
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,265
    edited March 9
    Upgrayedd.

    Also, I thought you had a 390.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    Upgrayedd.

    Also, I thought you had a 390.

    I did said that at one time, didn't I.
    That was a mistake on my Part.

    Whats up with that particular spelling of upgrade?
    Never pay double the retail price
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,265
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • ReticentlyReticently Joined: Posts: 3,254
    Re: Ryzen gaming performance issue explained:

  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    Reticently wrote: »
    Re: Ryzen gaming performance issue explained:


    We all know Microsoft is in bed with Intel
    Never pay double the retail price
  • ManxManx Rafaga <3's joo! Joined: Posts: 21,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

    If it's still not 100% clear... that's where is hilarious AV and username is also from. :rofl:

    The saddest funny futuristic true story comedy movie for our times ever!

    :tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

    My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 1,913
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Reticently wrote: »
    Re: Ryzen gaming performance issue explained:


    We all know Microsoft is in bed with Intel

    Question is, how come AMD didn't catch this themselves sooner?
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

    SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Reticently wrote: »
    Re: Ryzen gaming performance issue explained:


    We all know Microsoft is in bed with Intel

    Question is, how come AMD didn't catch this themselves sooner?

    I think AMD knew of this for a little while, they probability keep quiet about the Windows bug to use as leverage.
    Think of it as black mail.

    But since its out into the public, maybe we start getting a public outcry to force M$ to change their minds.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • ManxManx Rafaga <3's joo! Joined: Posts: 21,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    LOL 136MB cache. I wish.

    :tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

    My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,265
    Newegg has a 4gb RX480 for $144 after rebate, comes with a code for Doom. Hell of a good deal, but do note that it's a flash sale that ends in 7 hours.
    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137082&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=11552995&PID=6361382&SID=pcg-1624006041
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • Holy KnightHoly Knight Above the Heavens Joined: Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Anyone here playing Hollow Knight?
    Stumbled upon someone playing this game by chance when AvoidingThePuddle went offline on Twitch, and it looked intriguing to say the least.

    Bought it two days ago and it's hard for me to stop playing it.
    It's kind of Metroid meets Dark Souls and A Nightmare Before Christmas minus the retarded singing and Christmas.

    It's a lot more on the classic 2d Metroid side though. It has items but no experience points system, and you can customize these items as you see fit with limitations that encourage you to experiment with configurations that suit your style and skill level offering a risk vs reward system.

    You get these "notches" and skill stones that take up a number of notches. So basically you end up with a ton of skills but can only use a couple of them and gotta think about synergies and shit.

    Dying works like in Dark Souls, where you lose your money until you win a fight vs your corpse.
    Healing is done by channeling a spell that consumes mana and which leaves you open to attacks.
    Mana only refills by hitting enemies which rewards you for clean play and learning enemy patterns properly.

    It's a really cool game, though sadly as of writing this, it struggles with frame drops here and there that can cost your life but heck that fucking game deserves to be supported and only costs like €15.

    Game is great but the random input lag is killing it for me. I'm going to put it down until its fixed.
    Strive for perfection, stand for excellence.
  • ArtVandelayArtVandelay Architect Joined: Posts: 4,259
    @Holy Knight Try the public beta on Steam. Didn't have any framedrops when I played yesterday with the beta patch.
    They are actually doing a good job at fixing bugs and inconveniences in a timely matter.
    Pretty sure this game gonna be close to perfect in a couple of month.
    CFN: NaughtySenpai
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    Important to know the difference

    Why your 1TB HDD is giving you 930 GiB

    Never pay double the retail price
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,489 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Good mobos for the R7 1800X?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    For enthusiast class, get the X370 Chipset.
    Gamers, Overlockers and other Enthusiasts

    The MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM is the most expensive X370 mobo at $299.99.
    Great with open air test rigs as it has board mounted Power and Reset buttons.

    Other pricy boards include the ASUS CROSSHAIR V1 HERO and the AORUS (Gigabyte) GA-AX370-Gaming 5

    I use the ASUS Prime X370-Pro, price at $159.99

    If you are going for the 1800X get the MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM, ASUS CROSSHAIR V1 HERO, or the AORUS GA-AX370-Gaming 5


    The BIOSTAR X370GT5 is the only X370 board that supports legacy PCI cards (it has 1 regular PCI slot )

    B350 chipset for mainstream users
    Not ideal with multiple video cards as it has fewer PCI-e lanes, does retain overclocking support

    A320 / A300 (Bare basics board, no overlock).
    Low end boards, this is the mobo you pair with an Ryzen R3 or wait for the Ryzen APUs (and skip on the Graphics card) so that Grandma can browse the Internet, use face book and check emails.
    The kind of boards you expect to be put in a cheap office machine or something you give to your parents.

    Never pay double the retail price
  • Bomberman3000Bomberman3000 The Headshaker Joined: Posts: 1,913
    I'm now kinda wondering if I should go on and get a 1700x Ryzen or wait until Micro$oft fixes their shit. Again.
    "What Strength!!
    But Don't forget,
    There are many guys like you, all over the world!!!"

    SteamID: BombermanGOLDEN
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    I'm now kinda wondering if I should go on and get a 1700x Ryzen or wait until Micro$oft fixes their shit. Again.
    With the supply issues, I know boards been selling out fast I say if your got the opportunity pull that trigger.
    Never pay double the retail price
  • ManxManx Rafaga <3's joo! Joined: Posts: 21,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The boards I want are all sold out. Probably going to build once the hype stirs down, since I don't really play many high end games anyway.

    But still.... having a nice PC was never a gaming only consideration for me. I like nice PCs because I love PCs.

    Will probably start my build next week.

    :tup:
    ... and I'm out like I stole somethin'
    SRK thieves lasted about 5 mins until "tha man" locked me up. Even on SRK a thief's gotta hit the underground!
    "So I just realized the crip walk is just black people's version of the riverdance." - Havatchu
    "Brittany Spears gave me a leg job in an Alabama gas station bathroom" - Shaft Agent

    My blog, where I write like it means something or some shit: http://manxbladesake.wordpress.com/
    Official 'Kevin Witness'
    Achievement unlocked! Offered drugs to a SRKer in real life
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    Manx wrote: »
    The boards I want are all sold out. Probably going to build once the hype stirs down, since I don't really play many high end games anyway.

    But still.... having a nice PC was never a gaming only consideration for me. I like nice PCs because I love PCs.

    Will probably start my build next week.

    :tup:

    I think Newegg can auto notify when boards are back in stock
    Never pay double the retail price
  • SadQuotesSadQuotes Begging for Thread Joined: Posts: 4,447
    Game Developers need to SERIOUSLY stop putting shit like Built-In motion blur, Mouse Acceleration, etc.

    What fucking benefit is there? Jesus christ
    This is what it feels like.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,748
    edited March 16
    SadQuotes wrote: »
    Game Developers need to SERIOUSLY stop putting shit like Built-In motion blur, Mouse Acceleration, etc.

    What fucking benefit is there? Jesus christ
    Motion blur is to simulate what our eyes do naturally in real environments.
    Motion blur is actually useful in VR and racing games as it reduce eye strain and motion sickness.

    Mouse Acceleration isn't bad if used correctly. Hence why some games allow this to be adjustable.
    Post edited by Darksakul on
    Never pay double the retail price
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 14,489 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Motion blur is also used to make your shitty locked 30 FPS console game look better.
  • Ki ShimaKi Shima This tiger isn't dead.... Joined: Posts: 7,875
    edited March 16
    1080ti is 100% faster than 980ti

    Post edited by Ki Shima on
    "The telephone is virtual reality in that you can meet with someone as if you are together, at least in the auditory sense."

    Ray Kurzweil
Sign In or Register to comment.