The PC gaming Thread. Steam/GOG/Origin/Etc. Game/Software/Hardware talk.

1305306307308309311»

Comments

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    When installing my new stuff over the weekend, I decided to clean the case. Holy shit at the size of some of the dust bunnies in there. A whole can of air couldn't clean it all so I just wiped it down before installing the new guts.

Aside from fans, I also need to set up some mesh guards to prevent any dust from getting in and make cleaning easier.
    This is offensive.
  • Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 25,850 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 18
    Never mind. I found something pretty solid for $90. More than I want to spend but gives me lots of options, including limiting the connection of one of my roommate's to shit since her and her friends hog up all the bandwidth.
    Post edited by Raz0r on
    This is offensive.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,320
    Civilization III is free on Humble Bundle for 2 days
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/sid-meiers-civilization-iii-complete
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,402
    Civilization III is free on Humble Bundle for 2 days
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/sid-meiers-civilization-iii-complete

Good, I need like a 3rd Copy
    po pimpus wrote:
    That's sad as fuck.
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,905
    edited October 22
    So uhhh... once in awhile I get that windows 10 error with the blue screen(is this the windows 10 bsod?) where the PC tries to recover, then once the PC reboots all is fine. Yesterday PC didn't recover, it restarts and then I get an error saying boot manager not found. Turned off the PC and turned it back on and everything was fine. Today same thing happens only powering off and on didn't fix it. Now it goes to a blue screen that says I need to use repair tools.

Edit: apparently it's a removable storage problem. I had my external hdd connected at the time, but after removing it I still get the error.

Edit 2: I reformatted.... but why the hell is everything so damn slow? Opened up Edge to dl Chrome and edge just keeps crashing. Is it updating my pc or something? I checked updates and nothing is running.
    Post edited by Shinkuu Tatsumaki on
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Break ya neck Joined: Posts: 1,547
    edited October 22
    So uhhh... once in awhile I get that windows 10 error with the blue screen(is this the windows 10 bsod?) where the PC tries to recover, then once the PC reboots all is fine. Yesterday PC didn't recover, it restarts and then I get an error saying boot manager not found. Turned off the PC and turned it back on and everything was fine. Today same thing happens only powering off and on didn't fix it. Now it goes to a blue screen that says I need to use repair tools.

Edit: apparently it's a removable storage problem. I had my external hdd connected at the time, but after removing it I still get the error.

Edit 2: I reformatted.... but why the hell is everything so damn slow? Opened up Edge to dl Chrome and edge just keeps crashing. Is it updating my pc or something? I checked updates and nothing is running.

Run a chkdsk (check disk) on the boot drive. Is it a HDD? How old is it? You might have a lot of bad sectors. Also is your anti-malware/virus up to date.
    Ok yeah the taskbar and stuff was sluggish asf cuz windows was updating. Just had to wait a bit.

Everything is good now. Fresh start.
  • Fatal Error XIFatal Error XI Break ya neck Joined: Posts: 1,547
    Ok yeah the taskbar and stuff was sluggish asf cuz windows was updating. Just had to wait a bit.

Everything is good now. Fresh start.

That might have been the new fall update. I just checked Windows Update right now because something was using all my bandwidth. Sure enough, it's pushing out a new Windows version 1709. I was hoping I would be on the later side of the roll out.
    edited October 23
    Well... now my start menu is not working. I left click and nothing happens.

Wtf is this bs. I've googled it and tried some things, but no luck.

Edit: Sometimes upon startup it works, sometimes it doesn't. Idk what the issue is.
    Post edited by Shinkuu Tatsumaki on
  • Spirit JuiceSpirit Juice 「HATES EVERYTHING」 Joined: Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Well... now my start menu is not working. I left click and nothing happens.

Wtf is this bs. I've googled it and tried some things, but no luck.

Edit: Sometimes upon startup it works, sometimes it doesn't. Idk what the issue is.

I have this issue every time I boot up Xsplit to stream. Seems to be a common bug. Not sure what causes it or how to fix it though.