The PC gaming Thread. Steam/GOG/Origin/Etc. Game/Software/Hardware talk.

Comments

• KawwKaww ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ Joined: Posts: 509
    Biggzy wrote: »

What's the difference between playing..Age of Empires III for example on Steam? As opposed to going to Gamestop and buying a copy and playing it on like the Microsoft servers or whatever servers?

Having 50%-75% more money in your pocket when steam sales come around
  • BiggzyBiggzy Keep it claussy! Joined: Posts: 2,199
    Kaww wrote: »
    Biggzy wrote: »

What's the difference between playing..Age of Empires III for example on Steam? As opposed to going to Gamestop and buying a copy and playing it on like the Microsoft servers or whatever servers?

Having 50%-75% more money in your pocket when steam sales come around

Seriously? I know Steam has a lot of sales. But I meant gameplay wise and anything else.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Steam is like Netflix for computer games, if that makes any sense. overall, you'll get a similar experience watching a movie over Netflix streaming vs buying the movie from a store; but Netflix can be a better deal, both money-wise and convenience-wise.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    Games don't disappear from your library like they could from Netflix though. Unless you get banned i guess?

That said after i get my paycheck I'm gettin xcom and dust. Super ready for that. I'm still playing mark of the ninja game is really good, I'm working on a quick all silent run.
    gl hf dd ka.
  • Shaft AgentShaft Agent https://discord.gg/F4ZmxDu Joined: Posts: 9,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    yeah, it's not a perfect analogy :rofl: it was just the closest thing i could think of at the time.

i've been playing RAGE on and off for the past week and i enjoy it. i think this weekend i'm going to download all the games i have bought through Humble Indie Bundle and check them out since i have 7+TBs of free space now.
    Forget trying to pass for normal. Follow your geekdom. Embrace nerditude. In the immortal words of Lafcadio Hearn, a geek of incredible obscurity whose work is still in print after a hundred years, “Woo the muse of the odd.” You may be a geek. You may have geek written all over you. You should aim to be one geek they’ll never forget. Don’t aim to be civilized. Don’t hope that straight people will keep you on as some sort of pet. To hell with them. You should fully realize what society has made of you and take a terrible revenge. Get weird. Get way weird. Get dangerously weird. Get sophisticatedly, thoroughly weird, and don’t do it halfway. Put every ounce of horsepower you have behind it. Don’t become a well-rounded person. Well-rounded people are smooth and dull. Become a thoroughly spiky person. Grow spikes from every angle. Stick in their throats like a pufferfish. -Bruce Sterling
  • Squire GrooktookSquire Grooktook The Releaser Joined: Posts: 791
    edited July 2013
    HeaT wrote: »
    it would at least be a nice change of pace instead of only having cave making good shooters.

Cave isn't the only one making shooters. Especially on Pc where there are quite a few.

Qute Corporation, Plantine Dispositif, G-Rev, Astro Port, Zun, Tennen-sozai, all say hi.

Anyway Platinum's style is really great and all their own, I don't think they need to change it for now. But having Pc versions and Vanquish, Bayonetta, and Max Anarchy would be sweet.
    Squire Grooktook: 5 dollars extra and you could have had Skullgirls instead of Divekick.
    Squire Grooktook: You are dead to me.
    [UCF]psychoripper: too bad i wanted divekick more
    Squire Grooktook: YOU SUCK
    [UCF]psychoripper: more of my local friends are playing it
    Squire Grooktook: SOCIAL GAMER
    [UCF]psychoripper: shut up
    Squire Grooktook: NEVER
  • SonicabidSonicabid Mundus VS Devil Trigger Vergil Joined: Posts: 12,195
    yeah, it's not a perfect analogy :rofl: it was just the closest thing i could think of at the time.

i've been playing RAGE on and off for the past week and i enjoy it. i think this weekend i'm going to download all the games i have bought through Humble Indie Bundle and check them out since i have 7+TBs of free space now.

RAGE had awesome gameplay. I snagged the DLC but have yet to play it.

If I wasn't broke I'd buy Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed for $7 off Steam. I loved the first game, and I hear the sequel is even better.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,320
    When is Steam's summer sale gonna kick in?
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • BiggzyBiggzy Keep it claussy! Joined: Posts: 2,199
    Steam is like Netflix for computer games, if that makes any sense. overall, you'll get a similar experience watching a movie over Netflix streaming vs buying the movie from a store; but Netflix can be a better deal, both money-wise and convenience-wise.

Ahh ok. I'm getting more familiar with it now, thanks Shaft. I downloaded some Age of Empires games and a friend of mine sent me Awesomenauts and DOTA 2.

Guy Above me: Sick Avatar!!!

Awesomenauts is good fun. I haven't played all summer dye to being on a wireless connection. I want to find a good team when i get back to school, paying with randoms sucks
    gl hf dd ka.
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 2,149
    L4D2 for under £4.

I've only been PC gaming for 3 weeks and I've saved so much cash holy shit
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

• SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    What are y'all niggas' Steam IDs?
  • OilforthewinOilforthewin BETTER RED THAN DEAD. Joined: Posts: 1,847
    Huggy Bear wrote: »
    L4D2 for under £4.

Don´t worry, you will even save more cash.
    "LAST WEEK ON MONDAY NIGHT NITRO, EVERYBODY SEE THE MOST HORRIFIC INJURY IN THE HISTORY OF DIS SPORTS, AND I GOT LISTEN TO YOU TWO IDIOTS SAYIN IT'S A FREAK ACCIDENT! WELL WHAT HAPPEN IS SID VICIOUS RAN INTO THE FREAK. SEE SID VICIOUS CAME OFF THE TOP ROPE, HE HIT DA MASSIVE CHEST OF THE GENETIC FREAK, AND HE FELT DA POWER, AND DAT POWER, SENT HIS LEG DOWN TO THE MAT, SHATTERED HIS LEG, AND HIS DREAMS, OF EVER BECOMIN' WORLD CHAMPYEN AGAIN! SO SID VICIOUS, I'M SEND YOU A PRESENT! I'M SEND YOU THESE TWO PRO- JABRONIES TO LAY NEXT TO YOU IN Y'ALL CAN TALK ABOUT THE SAME THING! YA CAN TALK ABOUT ME, DA MAN WHO SENT CHOO THERE! BUT SID VICIOUS, I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR YOU, BECAUSE I GAVE YOU FAIR WARNING, TO WALK AWAY! JUST LIKE I WARNED STING, JUST LIKE I WARNED BOOKER T, AND NOW, KEVIN NASH, I'M WARNIN' YOU, BEFORE YOU SSS- DECIDE TO SHOW UP AT SUPERBRAWL, YOU THINK ABOUT DIS! I'M BIG POPPA PUMP, I DON'T FRAKE IT, I BREAK IT!"
    SWBeta wrote: »

Steam ID: RunawayAvenger.

You will also use a bunch :tup:

Id: ExodusWM
    gl hf dd ka.
  • OilforthewinOilforthewin BETTER RED THAN DEAD. Joined: Posts: 1,847
    Steam ID: AGE_StagedFighter 4

An Early Access game on sale, Starforge. Does anybody here have experience with it?
    "LAST WEEK ON MONDAY NIGHT NITRO, EVERYBODY SEE THE MOST HORRIFIC INJURY IN THE HISTORY OF DIS SPORTS, AND I GOT LISTEN TO YOU TWO IDIOTS SAYIN IT'S A FREAK ACCIDENT! WELL WHAT HAPPEN IS SID VICIOUS RAN INTO THE FREAK. SEE SID VICIOUS CAME OFF THE TOP ROPE, HE HIT DA MASSIVE CHEST OF THE GENETIC FREAK, AND HE FELT DA POWER, AND DAT POWER, SENT HIS LEG DOWN TO THE MAT, SHATTERED HIS LEG, AND HIS DREAMS, OF EVER BECOMIN' WORLD CHAMPYEN AGAIN! SO SID VICIOUS, I'M SEND YOU A PRESENT! I'M SEND YOU THESE TWO PRO- JABRONIES TO LAY NEXT TO YOU IN Y'ALL CAN TALK ABOUT THE SAME THING! YA CAN TALK ABOUT ME, DA MAN WHO SENT CHOO THERE! BUT SID VICIOUS, I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR YOU, BECAUSE I GAVE YOU FAIR WARNING, TO WALK AWAY! JUST LIKE I WARNED STING, JUST LIKE I WARNED BOOKER T, AND NOW, KEVIN NASH, I'M WARNIN' YOU, BEFORE YOU SSS- DECIDE TO SHOW UP AT SUPERBRAWL, YOU THINK ABOUT DIS! I'M BIG POPPA PUMP, I DON'T FRAKE IT, I BREAK IT!"
  • Squire GrooktookSquire Grooktook The Releaser Joined: Posts: 791
    SWBeta wrote: »

Squire Grooktook

I been playing Dark Souls, and Awesomenauts lately. I would love to also play AirMech or Unreal Tournament 2004 with anybody (I suck at both). I also use Steam as a handy IM chat that can be used while playing games.
    Squire Grooktook: 5 dollars extra and you could have had Skullgirls instead of Divekick.
    Squire Grooktook: You are dead to me.
    [UCF]psychoripper: too bad i wanted divekick more
    Squire Grooktook: YOU SUCK
    [UCF]psychoripper: more of my local friends are playing it
    Squire Grooktook: SOCIAL GAMER
    [UCF]psychoripper: shut up
    Squire Grooktook: NEVER
    L4D2 for under £4.

You'll soon discover that the main problem with PC gaming is not the lack of money, but the lack of time to play all the shit you buy for 5 bucks.

That and HDD space. Goddamn is HDD space important, same with console games that need installs on PS3. I have to delete installs/PSN games all the time to make room for new games.
    Yeah, good point. I need some OG's on Steam, add me

MyAwesomeAfro
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

My Steam ID is the same as my SRK tag, same with my PSN tag/GGPO.

@HuggyBear I haven't beaten L4D2 yet, so if you need a coop partner, let me know. L4D1 skills transfer right over, but the community seems so small these days.
  • SadQuotesSadQuotes Begging for Thread Joined: Posts: 4,536
    Anyone here play Killing Floor?
    This is what it feels like.
  • Holy KnightHoly Knight Above the Heavens Joined: Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm on that borderlands 2 crack atm. Already logged 18 hours this weekend.
    Strive for perfection, stand for excellence.
    SadQuotes wrote: »

I have Killing Floor. Been a while since I last played. I'm up for some games

• xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,457
    My Steam Id is: FadedRevolution
    I have the unreal pack, borderlands 2, l4d2, shank 2, marvel heroes, team fortress 2. I'm always looking to play Unreal with anybody still trying to get used to mouse and keyboard.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
    I got

Killing Floor
    L4D 1 & 2
    Monday Night Combat
    Castle Crashers
    Skydrift
    Torchlight II

I'll get Borderlands 2, and Rush Bros when they go on sale.
    2nd on Borderlands 2. I need that game when it goes on sale. Also looking into getting more MMO's. They're all skiffy, though.
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

• SadQuotesSadQuotes Begging for Thread Joined: Posts: 4,536
    SadQuotes wrote: »

I have Killing Floor. Been a while since I last played. I'm up for some games
    You should check out the Summer Update, it added a new mode.
    This is what it feels like.
    edited July 2013
    2nd on Borderlands 2. I need that game when it goes on sale. Also looking into getting more MMO's. They're all skiffy, though.

MMO's are pretty shit-tier imo.

pathofexile.com F2P Action RPG that'll fill all your MMO needs and then some.
  • GraphicGraphic Waifu Fighter V Joined: Posts: 660
    My ID:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197983098582/
    Anyone know how to join the SRK Steam group?
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I can invite you. Same with anybody else who needs an invite let me know

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,425
    Decided that between emulation and the stuff on Steam, PC is the way to go. I'm looking forward to Lords of Shadow and Lords of Shadow 2 coming out. Seems like a lot of companies are starting to make PC versions of a lot of their console games.
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
    edited July 2013
    DoctaMario wrote: »
    Decided that between emulation and the stuff on Steam, PC is the way to go. I'm looking forward to Lords of Shadow and Lords of Shadow 2 coming out. Seems like a lot of companies are starting to make PC versions of a lot of their console games.

Yup.

I can't wait for Lords of Shadows on PC either. LoS ran like ass on consoles, so it should be really interesting to play the game at a stable framerate. What's your Steam account, DM? Do you still post on the CV Dungeon forums? Are they whining about LoS/Mirros of Fate over there as much as @Rugalitarian does here?

My ideal world would have IGA still doing 2D Metroidvania/classic-style CV games, with MercuryS developing the 3D games.

twitch.tv/sonicabid/b/427435547

^ Streamed some DOOM II.
    Post edited by Sonicabid on
  • DoctaMarioDoctaMario Sometimes It Snows In April... Joined: Posts: 3,425
    Sonicabid wrote: »
    DoctaMario wrote: »

Yup.

I can't wait for Lords of Shadows on PC either. LoS ran like ass on consoles, so it should be really interesting to play the game at a stable framerate. What's your Steam account, DM? Do you still post on the CV Dungeon forums? Are they whining about LoS/Mirros of Fate over there as much as @Rugalitarian does here?

My ideal world would have IGA still doing 2D Metroidvania/classic-style CV games, with MercuryS developing the 3D games.

twitch.tv/sonicabid/b/427435547

^ Streamed some DOOM II.

I was really excited when they announced the LoS2 would be on PC. And I'm sure the differences between LoS on PS3 and PC will be pretty apparent and I've been loving that game (almost got a complete 110% game save!) so I'm looking forward to having it on my PC. My Steam account should the TheDoctaMario Look me up dude!

Yeah I still post at the Dungeon and yeah there are still some folks complaining about LoS, but there are folks like me who really dig the game to balance it out a bit. I understand some of the criticism (God Of War stuff) but I still think it's a great game. LoS2 looks like it's going to be even better!

I'll have to check out that stream! Doom II was the first Doom game I ever really played BACK IN THE DAY! :D
    "Money matches are against the law in Japan. They can never be good at Marvel." -4r5
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG

@HuggyBear I haven't beaten L4D2 yet, so if you need a coop partner, let me know. L4D1 skills transfer right over, but the community seems so small these days.

I don't know why but I thought you were part of the group of us that played L4D2 back at launch... I loved that game. I remember we tried to beat expert/hardcore and we could just not make it past certain levels, shit was a bitch and a half. But yeah I would reinstall to give that game another go again

e$ports
    Pimp Willy wrote: »

I don't know why but I thought you were part of the group of us that played L4D2 back at launch... I loved that game. I remember we tried to beat expert/hardcore and we could just not make it past certain levels, shit was a bitch and a half. But yeah I would reinstall to give that game another go again

I was part of the OG crew that ran through L4D1 on the hardest difficulties with mic assist for hilariously good times.

I ran with @Amordien @m00b and @GeesePants

There were some others but I can't remember.
    Yeah, I didnt play much L4D1, but I had built a gaming computer and did L4D2, a lot of the same players it seems, in fact I don't think I ever beat all the L4D1 missions

e$ports
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197963858797

i will always post this.

i need to post the other ones up. i have about 50 of them
  • JoezorzJoezorz Certified Ninja Joined: Posts: 195
    call the ASPCA, Kenmore idgaf. i stay washin my pocket frogs.
    THEY DIRTY! mad20000.gif
    -Shaft Agent
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197963858797

i will always post this.

i need to post the other ones up. i have about 50 of them

Why does Source have to have such shitty, shitty hitboxes and hit detection? :(

Did they fix that shit in CS: GO? Or is it still Marvel 3 Vergil normal-esque hitboxes where headshots are more common than anything else, to a point where you can get headshots without even trying to aim?