The PC gaming Thread. Steam/GOG/Origin/Etc. Game/Software/Hardware talk.

Comments

• MancubMancub Joined: Posts: 632
    Huggy Bear wrote: »
    Just snagged Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition.

Experiencing my first Steam Summer Sale. My wallet is not ready.

Not to derail the thread, but if you see Dragon Age 2 for sale ANYWHERE, do not buy it.

Dragon Age 2 is BioWare's Devil May Cry 2.
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,320
    Mancub wrote: »
    Huggy Bear wrote: »
    Just snagged Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition.

Experiencing my first Steam Summer Sale. My wallet is not ready.

Not to derail the thread, but if you see Dragon Age 2 for sale ANYWHERE, do not buy it.

Dragon Age 2 is BioWare's Devil May Cry 2.

Dragon Age 2 got taken down from Steam a long time ago. No need to worry.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    edited July 2013
    Real quick "Flash Sales" are the cheapest games will get over the sale right?

edit: nevermind Dark Souls just went from 50% to 75% in the course of me typing up that post. EZ pick
    gl hf dd ka.
    Flash sales have daily deal level discounts. So do the community choice deal.
  • RagingDemonStormRagingDemonStorm The power of elevation Joined: Posts: 3,182
    Anybody think The Walking Dead's 5 episodes will be free somewhere down the line? I feel that since it made so much money and took so little to develop that it could work out.
    CVS2 Akuma\Geese\whoevers top tier in that groove
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Exodus. wrote: »
    Real quick "Flash Sales" are the cheapest games will get over the sale right?

edit: nevermind Dark Souls just went from 50% to 75% in the course of me typing up that post. EZ pick

Also, I was going to gift you L4D2, but I see you already bought it lol

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
    Anybody think The Walking Dead's 5 episodes will be free somewhere down the line? I feel that since it made so much money and took so little to develop that it could work out.

I can only see the first episode going free. That's what Telltales did with their Back to the Future game
    <33 Thanks for the thought, but I was extra hyped up for today lol. I'm going to go a bit easier for the rest of the sale though, I think, since DS:PtD was pretty high up on my list of wants. We'll see.

Also, I'm going to the lake this weekend, but whoever wants to do some L4D2 runs add me and we can play next week.
    gl hf dd ka.
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2013
    Metro Last Light for .01 (one penny) at Best Buy get it while you can.

Edit - Just noticed its sold out...got mine right before I posted. bwahaha
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Yeah... I think Dark Souls really needs a controller though, otherwise I'd consider it

e$ports
    Is it me or does the price of Bastion just keeps dropping? When it was first up as flash sale it was 75% off. Then it become 80% and it's now at 85%. T
  • Huggy BearHuggy Bear Scoops Häagen-Dazs® Joined: Posts: 2,149
    I'm overdrawn in my Bank Account so I can't download BL2 and SR3. People always used the tired joke that you need to prepare your wallet for SSS.

I really didn't take it literally
    Logan / Spencer / Gouki

• SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    Shit... can't remember my Steam pass, so I can't check deals out from my phone...
    Flash deals: SR:t3rd won community(5$), Civ5(7.50), DukeNuken3d(3.39), FootballManager13(9.99), and little inferno(2.50)
    gl hf dd ka.
    I picked up Civ5 for my brother as a flash deal, glad I waited... also the ultimate pack (all the DLC + expansions except for the new one) is also 75% off, cheaper than just the expansion itself at 50% off lol

Also, common Steam Sale Problem, I saw Saints Row at $5, said "I'd probably like to try that," tried to buy it.

"You already own saints row the third"

oops. I did buy the entire THQ pack before I think!

SWB, what games where you looking for? You should be able to browse just from the browser, and reset your password if need be, right?

e$ports
    Gonna grab FTL... but still on the fence about XCom...

anybody have any input on Fez? Outside of the indie gamer movie and the guy being kind of full of himself, I haven't heard much about the game

e$ports
    I heard Fez was full of glitches but that was for the 360 version. Don't feel like it's worth $5 anyway.

I'm on fence about getting Just Cause 2.
    edited July 2013
    I'm going to go a bit easier for the rest of the sale though, I think, since DS:PtD was pretty high up on my list of wants. We'll see.
    Goddamn I'm a liar, got XCOM, Chivalry(mostly for my little brother) and Surgeon Simulator (3 bucks plus the trailer makes me :rofl: )

All I know about Fez is from the movie, I was interested then. Not so much anymore :shrug:

And yeah Dark Souls heavily suggests a controller, which I use for most of my games anyways. I can't get used to KB+M and where my computer is set up currently is crazy uncomfortable to type on.
    gl hf dd ka.
  • Holy KnightHoly Knight Above the Heavens Joined: Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Wanted Just Cause 2 since it's so cheap and I can't buy shit on steam right now.
    Strive for perfection, stand for excellence.
    I'm going to go a bit easier for the rest of the sale though, I think, since DS:PtD was pretty high up on my list of wants. We'll see.
    Goddamn I'm a liar, got XCOM, Chivalry(mostly for my little brother) and Surgeon Simulator (3 bucks plus the trailer makes me :rofl: )

All I know about Fez is from the movie, I was interested then. Not so much anymore :shrug:

And yeah Dark Souls heavily suggests a controller, which I use for most of my games anyways. I can't get used to KB+M and where my computer is set up currently is crazy uncomfortable to type on.

lol it's only day 2. Like 9 more days to go. Prepare that wallet : )

e$ports
    Checking out the deals over at gamers gate. They have Kingdoms of Amalur for $7.50. Steam doesn't even have that game on sale so I'll have to get it from there.
    I'm leaving town in an hour and I'll be gone till sunday (with no computer or wifi), so I'll be less ready to buy stuff lol. The bigger issue is the time I'm going to spend playing these games hahaha.
    gl hf dd ka.
    You can still buy stuff using the Steam app on a smart phone.
    Shhhhh.....

...i know,I'm still going to be checking prices
    gl hf dd ka.
    edited July 2013
    I have a beta key for final fantasy 14 if anyone wants it.

edit - gone
    Post edited by drizzt360 on
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
    I'm leaving town in an hour and I'll be gone till sunday (with no computer or wifi), so I'll be less ready to buy stuff lol. The bigger issue is the time I'm going to spend playing these games hahaha.

I have 137 games on my account, I doubt I've played half of them... damn you steam

e$ports
    I was gonna buy GTA4 for $5 yesterday, then Steam kept getting errors because fuckers kept hammering their servers. When I could finally get back on, price jumped up to $10.

So far, fuck this Steam sale. This is my first ever Steam sale and it sucks ass :tdown:
    The GTA deal was up for 8 hours, and their servers weren't hammered the entire time : P

What flash deals did I miss overnight? Anything good?

e$ports
    Xcom, i can't remember any others tbh. I'm hoping system shock gets voted up, though i feel like a lot of people will have it already
    gl hf dd ka.
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    The GTA deal was up for 8 hours, and their servers weren't hammered the entire time : P

What flash deals did I miss overnight? Anything good?

I logged onto my PC, saw GTA for $5, added it to my Cart, clicked My Cart, got the error. Tried every 15 to 30 minutes after that until the sale ended. Wasn't able to get in up to the last 15 mins of the sale, so I said fuck it.

If RPG Maker VX Ace was like 80% off, I'd cop it. I used to be big into the homebrew traditional RPG development scene. Worked on a few games, and it was a blast. I was heavy into the XP version back in 2005/2006, and kinda fell out of the scene right when the original VX came out. The community is kind of crappy, but the RPG Maker software itself if a powerful tool. If you are good at coding/programming and can create your own resources, you can make whatever you want. Even MMOs. And if your final product is a hit, you can go commercial. Maybe even sell that sumbitch on Steam.
    This is me:
    HePTsXP.png
    gl hf dd ka.
    edited July 2013
    @SWBeta Hey so GTAIV is on sale again for $5 as a daily deal instead of a flash sale

also not sure I have you on my steam friends list beta

e$ports
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,457
    How is dark souls its on sale and wondering if its worth getting.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
    I would say if you have a passing interest in it you should pick it up. I have it for PS3 (probably like 60ish hours there) and got it when it went on sale for the first time. I think it has the best combat of any ARPG I've seen, that's just an opinion of mine the 'endurance meter' makes every fight super tense. If you want to read more we've got a thread for it: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/83388/demon-s-dark-souls-thread-dark-souls-ii#latest

Also my buddy, who has some pretty good taste in games imo, messaged me the minute he saw me log onto it saying its his favorite single player game of the last 10 years.

It depends on what you like. Combat and stat&equipment customization are top tier imo. I am still a newb in terms of DS though so I would ask for people's opinions in the thread
    gl hf dd ka.
    I would get Dark Souls for ten bucks or less, in fact, I did. But I would suggest playing it with a controler and downloading dsfix.
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

Pimp Willy wrote: »
    @SWBeta Hey so GTAIV is on sale again for $5 as a daily deal instead of a flash sale

also not sure I have you on my steam friends list beta

I copped that shit with the quickness as soon as the deals changed :tup:

What's your Steam ID?
    dirzzt360 wrote: »
    dsfix.
    I had no idea about this. Will have to check it out when I get home.
    gl hf dd ka.
    Yo, holy shit, I think I need to upgrade my graphics card. My stock PC can barely run Tomb Raider at Normal settings on fullscreen 1080p.

I don't know shit about computers and/or upgrading them, but I have a buddy that does. What's a recommended gfx card to get to run TR buttery smooth at Normal settings at fullscreen 1080p?

Let me know if you need any info. Thanks in advance :china:
    edited July 2013
    What kinda computer you got? Not some dell or something right? Anyhow, there are all kinda graphics cards. Look at newegg and read the feedback and shit.

I need to upgrade my ram.

Exodus - dsfix is great. Game ran like crap then I applied that fix and it runs great.
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

• SonicabidSonicabid Mundus VS Devil Trigger Vergil Joined: Posts: 12,195
    dsfix made Dark Souls have better graphics and such too, right?
    SWBeta wrote: »
    Yo, holy shit, I think I need to upgrade my graphics card. My stock PC can barely run Tomb Raider at Normal settings on fullscreen 1080p.

I don't know shit about computers and/or upgrading them, but I have a buddy that does. What's a recommended gfx card to get to run TR buttery smooth at Normal settings at fullscreen 1080p?

Let me know if you need any info. Thanks in advance :china:

Normal settings? GTFO. Might as well play it on console for the same experience.

All jokes aside, drop your resolution. Run that shit in 480/720p, turn off V-sync and maybe some Direct X11 features if possible to get a huge boost in performance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130937

^ Most bang for your buck card right now imo. I linked it on the last page too, it's a top-of-the-line card without breaking the bank @ 500-1000 bucks.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130826
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130910

^ Really solid cards for 150-200 bucks. These days, more games rely on a really good processor to keep framerates high. This is something I wish I knew before I skimped on my processor.