The PC gaming Thread. Steam/GOG/Origin/Etc. Game/Software/Hardware talk.

Comments

• Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    SWBeta wrote: »
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    @SWBeta Hey so GTAIV is on sale again for $5 as a daily deal instead of a flash sale

also not sure I have you on my steam friends list beta

I copped that shit with the quickness as soon as the deals changed :tup:

What's your Steam ID?

https://steamcommunity.com/id/pimpwilly

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • xiceman191xiceman191 Joined: Posts: 1,457
    edited July 2013
    I downloaded dark souls and tried to play it but everytime I ran the game it crashed and wouldn't start. I'm pretty sure that my computer can run the game even though my video card is pretty weak. Could it be that since I'm on Windows 8 I would have a problem running the game? I just deleted the game and trying to download it again to see if I just had a problem with the install process.
    Psn: Datdudeiceman191
    Umvc3: Main team: Nova/Spencer/Mags, Secondary: Dormammu/Strange/Magneto
    twitch.tv/datdudeiceman191
  • drizzt360drizzt360 In the shadows I hide-ppd Joined: Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Does it crash right when it starts up? Are you able to get to the options menu and such?
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    but so, too, the fuel of faith
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
    dirzzt360 wrote: »
    Does it crash right when it starts up? Are you able to get to the options menu and such?
    it crashes as soon as it starts up I dont see anything but a black screen it doesn't even go full screen before closing.
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    PC port of Dark Souls is ass.
    STOMP!
    Indeed...

Anyhow, its probably windows 8. Here is a thread that may help you get it running.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2900179
    when I die... may there be friends who will grieve for me,who will carry our shared joys and pains, who will carry my memory
    This is the immortality of the spirit, the ever-lingering legacy, the fuel of grief.
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

"Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do."
  • FunkyPFunkyP Chicks with Guns Joined: Posts: 1,545
    I run DS on Win8 using the DSfix and 60fps unlocker and it is far better than the console versions.
  • KawwKaww ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ ゴ Joined: Posts: 509
    edited July 2013

With DSFix it becomes better than the console versions. 60 fps in blight town #1

Then theres mods

295-1-1361482346.jpg

ANNNNNNND

you can opt to make the game look even better within DSFix if you got a decent computer. From there it surpasses console versions graphically and framerate wise.

PC port is ass only without DSFix/Mouse fix for keyboard and mouse users *very much playable with it*
    can I get an invite to the srk group?
    My steam Id: FadedRevolution
  • ZeroZero Ruler of Dimension X Joined: Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Can I get an invite too?
    Drzerogi
    "Dont call it a comeback / I've been here for years"

Steam ID: drzerogi

Aura Crusher:
    www.geocities.com/xybaz (this site is dead, BTW)
  • Exodus.Exodus. Joined: Posts: 7,016
    ^should be sent, guys
    gl hf dd ka.
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    @dirzzt360.... lol, actually..... yeah, I do have a Dell.... fml.

I prob need to build a rig from scratch just for gaming. Fuark.... Don't have the cash to blow on that right now. I'm definitely gonna bookmark the links @Sonicabid posted though. They'll be useful for when it's time.

Thanks, peeps.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,634
    Spent $92 on:

Alan Wake franchise
    Antichamber
    Capsized
    Dark Souls
    Deadlight
    The Longest Journey+Dreamfall
    Fez
    Half-Life
    Penumbra: Overture
    Strike Suit bundle
    Super House of Dead Ninjas
    Syberia 1+2
    System Shock 2
    They Bleed Pixels
    Thomas Was Alone
    Ultra bundle

My friend who only plays Halo, COD, and GTA said I spent way too much, I told him I made a smart investment.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • Holy KnightHoly Knight Above the Heavens Joined: Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Get me in that srk group.

sh00g
    Strive for perfection, stand for excellence.
  • LouiscipherLouiscipher Joined: Posts: 8,177
    Kaww wrote: »

With DSFix it becomes better than the console versions. 60 fps in blight town #1

Then theres mods

ANNNNNNND

you can opt to make the game look even better within DSFix if you got a decent computer. From there it surpasses console versions graphically and framerate wise.

PC port is ass only without DSFix/Mouse fix for keyboard and mouse users *very much playable with it*

I tried it and it didn't work at all.
    STOMP!
    edited July 2013
    After playing Infinite I'm super ready to get started on System Shock 2 but...

I can't pry myself away from Dark Souls yet. I'm 2 bosses behind my PS3 file with like 50 less hours. But the last thing I did last night was permanently lose a bunch of humanity :mad:
    Get me in that srk group.

sh00g
    I'll get you when I get home, if nobody does beforehand.
    gl hf dd ka.
    Maybe you didnt apply it right. Maybe you just have a crappy computer. Dsfix makes the game run great on my pc, 60+ fps and it looks so much better than its console counter part.
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

• ZeroZero Ruler of Dimension X Joined: Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    @Exodus
    Exodus. wrote: »
    ^should be sent, guys

Thanks a lot man.

I mostly play Civ V on Stream, but I just bought Baston and Mark of the Ninja. I have a very powerful PC, so I've desided to focus more of my gaming time on this than my consoles (except for fighters). That way, I can have my fun and patiently wait for better deals on whichever next-gen console I eventually buy.
    "Dont call it a comeback / I've been here for years"

Steam ID: drzerogi

Aura Crusher:
    www.geocities.com/xybaz (this site is dead, BTW)
    Zero wrote: »
    @Exodus
    Exodus. wrote: »
    ^should be sent, guys

Thanks a lot man.

I mostly play Civ V on Stream, but I just bought Baston and Mark of the Ninja. I have a very powerful PC, so I've desided to focus more of my gaming time on this than my consoles (except for fighters). That way, I can have my fun and patiently wait for better deals on whichever next-gen console I eventually buy.
    NP.

Both of these games are in the top 3 or 5 of games I've bought on my PC, its only like 8 months lol but still.... those games :tup:

Supergiant, Bastion dev, are working on a cyberpunk ARPG: Transistor. Which I am hype as shit for. Klei (i think), specifically the team that worked on Mark, are working on a stealth/information heavy tactical rpg that I just learned about yesterday. Also hype [despite not remembering the name :sweat: ]
    gl hf dd ka.
    Transistor looks pretty dope.
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

• Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Man Im still not sure if I wanna drop $10 on XCom, but Im guessing this is the lowest its gonna go

Probably will pick up TL2 though... but not sure if I should bother.

If you don't have Binding of Isaac, pick that shit up. Especially if you liked Rogue Legacy, Binding of Isaac is a punishing game where you only get better through skill. Love that game.

e$ports
  • BIG BAD MOGBIG BAD MOG Tough, yet Fluffy Joined: Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Soundtrack to that game is awesome as well.
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 1,913
    Maybe you didnt apply it right. Maybe you just have a crappy computer. Dsfix makes the game run great on my pc, 60+ fps and it looks so much better than its console counter part.

I have a laptop with Nvidia Optimus and after copying the files, game looks significantly better but doesnt reach 60 fps due to laptop hardware. More about 20-30 frames, except in few places without many environments. On the desktop it will play smooth definitely.

you just have to disable antialiasing from withing the game.

Game reminded me of Moonstone during the MS-DOS days....
    too slow!
    petran79 wrote: »

I have a laptop

Problem Found!

Also guys, I posted an announcement about it, but I wanna get some L4D2 in. If we can get 4 people, we can do Single Player, if we can get 8, we can do Multi Player : )

e$ports
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,320
    I haven't touched L4D2 in a long time. I wouldn't mind dusting it off and doing some runs
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
    I would be down for some L4D2. I havent played that shit in a long time. I dont really care for vs. though.
    -Drizzt Do'Urden

I'll be down to play. Just send me a message. I should probably see how my wireless connection is before I try though, my room is on the total other side of the house as the router...
    gl hf dd ka.
    Just made room on my SSD and installed L4D2. Aw yeah.

e$ports
  • BIG BAD MOGBIG BAD MOG Tough, yet Fluffy Joined: Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I remember when the left 4 dead thread started I was trying my best to get the specs low enough to have it work on my laptop. By the time I finally got a computer that could run games well everyone had stopped T_T
  • RagingDemonStormRagingDemonStorm The power of elevation Joined: Posts: 3,182
    Anybody play UT3? it's about to be $5 and $10 for the Unreal Pack. I aslo got Castle Crashers.

Steam:SevenForce987
    UT3:RDS777
    CVS2 Akuma\Geese\whoevers top tier in that groove
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird I am thou...thou art I Joined: Posts: 26,320
    So when is the L4D2 session gotta happen? I'll have to re-download the game
    PSN: Hawkingbird
    FC: 0834-1564-0151
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/runawayavenger
  • SWBetaSWBeta Joined: Posts: 12,770
    Anybody play UT3? it's about to be $5 and $10 for the Unreal Pack. I aslo got Castle Crashers.

Is UT3's ost as godlike as og UT's? This is what I will weigh my choice of buying it on.
    SWBeta wrote: »

Is UT3's ost as godlike as og UT's? This is what I will weigh my choice of buying it on.

i don't think any shooter can have as godlike of an ost like the original UT.

@RagingDemon Storm I play all the Unreal tournaments but it would be god like if we can get a srk group going in ut
    I decided to skip XCom, since I kickstarter backed Shadowrun, and it comes out in a few weeks. Seems to fill the same gameplay style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UFYsQ0M2Jrg

e$ports
    Pimp Willy wrote: »
    I decided to skip XCom, since I kickstarter backed Shadowrun, and it comes out in a few weeks. Seems to fill the same gameplay style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UFYsQ0M2Jrg

I preordered that game because I like the snes version so I can't wait until iit comes out next week
    edited July 2013
    So in dsfix I should definitely unlock the frame rate then? Even though there are warnings and shit?
    gl hf dd ka.
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,634
    Add me you jerks: Zoolanderbeast.
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • m00bm00b Joined: Posts: 613
    So.. returning from the dead. Seems like SRKGD / the Steam group has kind of fallen off a little. I just started playing games again and looking to revive the PC group a little. I see a lot of us still play, just not together seems like. Open to any suggestions on how to get some more interaction within the group. Game night(s)? Player of the Week / Month with ~$20 Steam gift? Let's toss around some ideas and make it feel like a community again, not just a big friends list.
    <TG> Leave me alone I'm jerkin' to Boots
    <TG> Still jerking to Boots.. eyesight blurry
  • SonicabidSonicabid Mundus VS Devil Trigger Vergil Joined: Posts: 12,195
    I wish I had UTIII on PC instead of console. I might just play Quakelive instead or something.
    m00b wrote: »
    So.. returning from the dead. Seems like SRKGD / the Steam group has kind of fallen off a little. I just started playing games again and looking to revive the PC group a little. I see a lot of us still play, just not together seems like. Open to any suggestions on how to get some more interaction within the group. Game night(s)? Player of the Week / Month with ~$20 Steam gift? Let's toss around some ideas and make it feel like a community again, not just a big friends list.

@m00b I'm down for some L4D2 games if you want to re-create the old L4D1 group again. Who else was always in the group other than Amordien and Geese Pants?
  • m00bm00b Joined: Posts: 613
    I don't even remember it was so long ago... Pimp Willy sounds like he would be in...
    <TG> Leave me alone I'm jerkin' to Boots
    <TG> Still jerking to Boots.. eyesight blurry