Super Street Fighter II Turbo, in the house

Comments

• ultracomboultracombo Weakest Loser Joined: Posts: 741
    Yeah, first game with online support FROM NINTENDO, couldn't expect better. I was hoping it would be decent though, it might have gotten some random kids who stumbled upon the game into SF2, or anyone really.
    "If ultracombo misses a low roundhouse, he is likely to continue doing it." - TheMuffinMan
  • oldschool_BRoldschool_BR Projectile spammer Joined: Posts: 2,442
    This is actaully old, but anyway... Star Cup 11 coverage by Aniken, it looks like:

Link: Japanese, Google translate
  • KuroppiKuroppi くろっぴ Joined: Posts: 891
    This tournament flew under the radar but here are the results from today's Youmacon Battle Opera ST (HDR Classic) tournament:

1) Alex Valle (Ryu)
    2) Justin Wong (O. Sagat)
    3) PR Balrog (Boxer)
    4) Mad king (Dictator)
    5) CEO Jebailey (O. Sagat)
    5) Mavrick (Dictator)

Video archive: http://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki/b/337875352
    Shhh... ST in da house!

www.strevival.com | STR Facebook | Twitter
  • eltroubleeltrouble Joined: Posts: 5,720
    I didn't even hear about this tournament until a day or two ago. Did they advertise this ST tournament somewhere?
  • orochizoolanderorochizoolander 2LANDER! Joined: Posts: 15,636
    Wait what the fuck? lol damn like 2 people going to watch this video sadly where was this? And when did PR Rog get so good at ST? Even though it doesn't really count since it was on ps3 with laggy monitors its still impressive he beat Riz One:tup:
    P. gorath said: seriously though, it really crystalized how much better mvc3 is than that game. "Oh look, commando vs. 3 characters...this will be excitin--zzzzzzzzzzzzzZZzzzz"
  • bkfst_sausagebkfst_sausage ST / SRK2k3 OG Joined: Posts: 2,802

That is all.
    I fucking love this matchup, and watching the best Ryu vs. the best Guile... <3
    PSN: M1X4H < click it!
    ^^ That's textbook solid play coming from both masters of their characters. Very patient and methodical. No gimmicks here. All strategy with a sprinkle of good reads mixed in.
    X-MANIA Niigata streaming now:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mikado-00
    Shhh... ST in da house!

I'm continuing to add to the STR results section. I've added all the archived Ko-Hatsu results recently from Osaka and just now, A-Cho from Kyoto.

I know some people have trouble keeping track of who is from where easily so this can help give you a good sense of that, though players will travel from other areas to some of these tournaments, especially the larger ones.

Some of the tournaments have videos for them but a lot of them dont. If I am able to track them down, I will update the links.

http://www.strevival.com/results/japan/
    Shhh... ST in da house!

Nakano Royal 2nd Fighting Spirit Cup Tournament from 12/29. Lots of video footage.

http://www.strevival.com/2013/01/02/nakano-royal-2nd-fighting-spirit-cup-results/
    Shhh... ST in da house!

I'm continuing to add to the STR results section. I've added all the archived Ko-Hatsu results recently from Osaka and just now, A-Cho from Kyoto.

I know some people have trouble keeping track of who is from where easily so this can help give you a good sense of that, though players will travel from other areas to some of these tournaments, especially the larger ones.

Some of the tournaments have videos for them but a lot of them dont. If I am able to track them down, I will update the links.

http://www.strevival.com/results/japan/
    I believe it should be
    1. Otochun
    2. MAO
    3. Tsuji and Mori
    in the last Kouhatsu ST tournament since, IIRC, it was single elimination.
  • psychochronicpsychochronic 5 fingers in a fist Joined: Posts: 1,854
    Hello, I'm streaming an ST casual from my house so come in and say hi! http://www.twitch.tv/psychochronic
    FGC Google Map: https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z7moF_GAiTa4.kxWOHrLkpOgM
    Photobucket: http://www.tinyurl.com/p9eu67p
    Youtube: psychochronic, psychorarity
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    Hello, I'm streaming an ST casual from my house so come in and say hi! http://www.twitch.tv/psychochronic

Canada ST got all my support! I'm watching and drinking lol =O
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,398
    Doesn't nitaku mean "two way mixup", like santaku means "3 way mixup"?
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    I'd like to present (yet another) potentially unsolved ST mystery.

N. Claw gets de-clawed from Sagat super at 43:45 and the claw seems to disappear for good! I think Riz or someone else may have mentioned an occurrence like this before, but I forget the circumstances. Anyone have any leads?

"See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
    Fudd wrote: »
    N. Claw gets de-clawed from Sagat super at 43:45 and the claw seems to disappear for good! I think Riz or someone else may have mentioned an occurrence like this before, but I forget the circumstances. Anyone have any leads?
    LOL! It's just behind one of the signals which are on the first plane.
  • FuddFudd High Level Parking Joined: Posts: 1,215
    LOL! It's just behind one of the signals which are on the first plane.

But wouldn't the 1P claw icon at least be visible or flashing near the sign? I don't see anything at all. There seems to be no trace of the claw at the end of the round. If you can take a screenshot and circle where the claw is clearly visible, I'd like to see it.
    "See, Super Turbo is a real man's game... But Street Fighter 4's like Chuck-E-Cheese, baby. Y'know what I'm saying? Where a kid can be a kid. I'm a grown-ass man, so clearly I'm not old enough to go in the ball pit." -Steve Harrison (Translation: dat Fo' make you soft)
    Super Turbo Revival
    "Everyone has a plan until they get magnetized." -SpiderDan
    PSN: Metonymous | Battle.net: Noun#1214 | Steam: Noun Proper | YT
    If this disappearing claw trick can be replicated on Russia's stage, I am going to fight ALL claws on that stage ONLY.
  • DNGR S PAPERCUTDNGR S PAPERCUT Joined: Posts: 1,608
    I've seen the 1 player sigh from the claw float away towards the sky before. I think that was playing our 99 games Fudd. I've seen that a few times, but dont' remember if the claw disappeared.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Ah shit..    
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    I only remember seeing the 1p/2p sign from the Claw fly up into the sky on the Dreamcast version. It does it consistently everytime the round ends and the claw is off. It's pretty dope.
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 465
    There might be a toggle setting in the dipswitch menu on the Dreamcast version.
    But wouldn't the 1P claw icon at least be visible or flashing near the sign?
    It should, but it doesn't.
    eltrouble wrote: »
    If this disappearing claw trick can be replicated on Russia's stage, I am going to fight ALL claws on that stage ONLY.
    IMHO, that's a horrible idea. That stage is very fast, so it only helps Claw, in the end.
    IMHO, that's a horrible idea. That stage is very fast, so it only helps Claw, in the end.

Good point. I'll have to request to fight them on Ryu and Honda stage instead.
    edited August 2013
    djfrijoles wrote: »
    djfrijoles- hat is the name of those in japan ?

MysteriousFighter- aa

MysteriousFighter- this is "SHIKOMI"

MysteriousFighter- in japan, it is called so

djfrijoles- shikoni = option select for usa/mexico/euro

djfrijoles- shikoni = so ?

MysteriousFighter- SHIKOMI SHORYU

djfrijoles- ah ok

MysteriousFighter- SHIKOMI upper
    I've found it in video!

Shikomi Reppa, just after 18:55 there.

Edit: Zangief overpowered?
    Post edited by oldschool_BR on
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,626
    I was screwing around with O.Chun yesterday.

How exactly would claw fight her ?

Lightning Legs will shut down most of his poke and general ground game and her SBK should do very well against walldives.

Other than jumping and potentially getting lucky i don't see any consistent gameplan for him against her.
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.
  • standing420standing420 No setplay Joined: Posts: 66
    I've always wondered, how did people originally find out about the existence of old characters? When did they find out? What about Akuma?

Sorry if this has been answered before. I couldn't find anything here or through Google.

Thank you.
    dieminibonxiaohaitanitabashinfiltratihsienchang
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ╯
  • djfrijolesdjfrijoles First ST player to ever moon a live stream baby ! Joined: Posts: 2,054
    wasnt there a contest to beat the game without continues and some famous dict player was the first to do it and then it was released at that event ?
    <garyangel> ceks,cani,robbiers,yito all mexico players dont know where kyouya
    <garyangel> (((((((((((((((
    <djfrijoles> kyouya is with his gf gary
    <Random.Jab.DP.Spamer> his gf is gary ?
    Has anyone ever created a combo vid showing "true" TOD's, ie. TOD combos where the opponent dies before they get stunned?
    ilitirit wrote: »
    Has anyone ever created a combo vid showing "true" TOD's, ie. TOD combos where the opponent dies before they get stunned?

Assuming the opponent is at full health when you start, this is impossible.

• undamnedundamned Wake up! Time to die! Joined: Posts: 1,687

Yeah, probably the closest thing would be properly executed Hawk loops.
    -ud

So the ones in these vids are Training mode only?

Hmmm, first time seeing this. What hardware is he using? Most likely TAC use was involved. It's hard to gauge a true ToD since stun values are fairly random in this game, and I believe there are mods that disable stun.
    edited September 2013
    Ryu vs Boxer one seems easy enough. I'll try to recreate it.
    Maj confirms no dizzy TOD's are possible. He does one with Guile at 7m17s:
    http://www.strevival.com/2013/09/07/newton-x-versus-cup-ranking-battle/

str_nvc_logo.png

Gamespot Versus and Game Newton are teaming up to present the NEWTON X VERSUS CUP (NVC X SUPER STREET FIGHTER II X RANKING BATTLE). Seeding points will accumulate for a final tournament in Spring 2014.

Schedule:

1st Saturday of every month: 2vs2 Tournament @ Ooyama Newton
    2nd Saturday of every month: 2vs2 @ Gamespot Versus
    3rd Saturday of every month: Red vs White Team Tournament @ Ooyama Newton
    4th Saturday of every month: Red vs White Team Tournament @ Gamespot Versus

Rules:

Speed Turbo 3
    Akuma is banned.
    Characters can be switched from week to week but not during a tournament.
    100¥ entry fee.

Point Distribution:

1st – 5 pts
    2nd – 3 pts
    3rd – 2 pts
    4th – 2 pts
    Participation – 2 pts

Streams:

Game Newton
    Gamespot Versus

Official NEWTON X VERSUS CUP website (Japanese):

http://www.game-versus.net/ssf2X_NVC_ranbat.html
    Shhh... ST in da house!

http://www.strevival.com/2013/09/14/newton-x-versus-cup-2on2-ranbat-9-14-13/

Newton X Versus Cup 2on2 Ranbat – 9.14.13

Results from NVC (Newton X Versus Cup) 2vs2 Ranbat from 9.14.13:

1) Nakamura (Cammy) / Choshu (Ken)
    2) VIPER (T. Hawk) / Shuu (Ken)
    3) Shin (Ryu) / Naoki (Boxer)
    3) Palestina (Chun-Li) / T.Akiba (Blanka)

優勝 なかむら@キャミィ / ちょーしゅー@ケン
    2位 VIPER@ホーく / シュウ@ケン
    3位 シン@リュウ / なおき@バイソン
    3位 パレスチナ@春麗 / たき@ブランカ

Video Archive:

Participants: Cellophane, Nikaiten, Nakamura, Choshu, Munaari, PECO, Palestina, T.Akiba, Hiroyan, Keishin, Sashishi, VIPER, Shuu, Shin, Naoki, Numa, Aze

For more info about the Newton X Versus Cup.
    Shhh... ST in da house!

Maj confirms no dizzy TOD's are possible. He does one with Guile at 7m17s
    Some more here:

Not to brag, but I had absolutely no doubt Rog could TOD easily. Just too much damage in everything. As for Chun's TODs, her cl.Jab does huge damage (as much as her strong) for a chain-cancellable move, which is part of the reason they are possible - other being huge super damage + upkicks.

Kuroppi wrote: »
    banzai.jpg
    edited September 2013
    19th Ko-hatsu Super Street Fighter II X GMC tournament (with streaming)
    Date: 2013-09-22 (next Sunday)
    Rules:
    • Three characters per player *(see notes 1 and 3)
    • Format depends on the number of entrants *(see note 2)
    • Rock-paper-scissors
    • First character has to be declared to the referee
    • Cannot repeat characters
    • Akuma/Gouki banned

Note 1: you have to use three different characters each match. Those need not be the same ones you will declare the next match - assuming you win.
    Note 2: The format is single-elimination bracket, usually.
    Note 3: SF2X-only (a.k.a. "X", "ST" or "new") and SSF2 (a.k.a. "S" or "old") allowed, and considered different.

Stream: http://www.ko-hatsu.com/live.htm (only one station is streamed)

Source: ko-hatsu.com/event.htm#sf2
    Info on previous events: http://www.strevival.com/results/japan/ (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
    Post edited by oldschool_BR on