CvS2 Videos Thread

Comments

• ohayo1234ohayo1234 crazy Joined: Posts: 876
    ino vs otaku went down at this big 5 on 5 tournament back in 2004, where otaku won, but stupid me didnt record that match. Anyway, New vid up, anyone got Kim vs Eric lee from evo?!?!?!?...peace

-Kim
    eLivePro | Kim1234

http://www.elive.pro

Share YO Passion
  • RanevskiRanevski Shin Gamer Joined: Posts: 244
    ohayo1234 wrote:
    ino vs otaku went down at this big 5 on 5 tournament back in 2004, where otaku won, but stupid me didnt record that match. Anyway, New vid up, anyone got Kim vs Eric lee from evo?!?!?!?...peace

-Kim

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Man that woulda been even better than Otaku vs Makoto.
    I intend to live forever. So far so good.
  • CyberguileCyberguile Joined: Posts: 35
    Thanks for the great vids :clap:
    Do you have any freaking vids of nuki's crazy gouki?
    I remember an amazing one from last Sbo's cvs2 tournament. He was raping an a-groove sakura with a little raging demon as a conclusion for the first round. Sooooo impressive :wow:
  • iKlEiTlHiKlEiTlH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Joined: Posts: 1,051
  • SystemSystem Joined: Posts: 20,835 admin
    Nitto is a beast and K-Geese is the fanboy bandwagon character of the moment. Nitto vs Kim on http://www.crazyasskim.com. GO GO GO!

Buktooth also does RC running slash more than I use the restroom at work and then not wash my hands and touch other people's food, and I do that a lot because I like it and think it's funny.
  • SmoothCatSmoothCat ダウンに戻る神 Joined: Posts: 2,111
    damn otk sucks
    Team Hate
    No Wilson! Don't do it!

Xbl: Bossu Smooth.
  • FreddyL0c0FreddyL0c0 Joined: Posts: 1,717
    ok there
    Spencer Dante Hawkeye aka raw tags are the future
    http://www.youtube.com/user/freddyl0c0 (more soon)
    Hi,

I know this isn't an "Ask Kim Something" thread, but Kim, can you give me some tips and general gameplan for C-Rolento against A-Bison? I'll share stuff I have if you can share some of yours.

One gimmick I have is to normal jump in from just outside of Bison's d.HP range. If Bison hit d.HP, he whiffs and I get a free sweep. If Bison did Psycho Crusher, I airblock all the hits and get a free d.HP when I land.

Knives are good when Bison doesn't have his charge (ie. he's jiggling around and trying to hit you with far s.MK).

The rest of my gameplan is always stay at the range where my far s.MP will always work as anti-air. Bison's j.HK on you is the most dangerous move he has and what kills me most often. Anytime Bison gets on top of me, my number one priority is get as far away as possible with a random RC scouter, or keep doing roll back, look for an opportunity to go off the wall.

C-Sagat vs A-Bison:
    -point blank s.LP to set up, counter hit s.LP, d.MK combo attempt, (opponent blocks, you block low in also in case of random scissors or crusher), Sagat is now at the perfect range to punish with either far s.HP xx super, d.HP, or d.MK xx super if Bison is a masher and hits his far s.MP (most common), d.MK, or d.MP respectively.

-The Mago/Shiro trick to anti-air Bison without risking going under him with your dp+HP is to use Sagat jump back HP always. Bison can counter this by doing his j.HK early in the air to stuff you clean. You counter that by using an option select airblock/jump back HP. Hold up back and try to hit j.HP as late as possible when Bison jumps at you. If he tried normal j.HK, you beat him clean with your Sagat jump back fierce. If Bison tried early j.HK, you airblock him and have frame advantage (?) when you both land.

Thanks. I honestly don't know anybody else who plays Rolento good and can speak English so any tips you can share I really appreciate.
    Rolento vs Bison:
    Walk up and block two hit scissor kicks, jump straight up jab once in a while to keep bison from trying to jump away. Slide is good, but use cautiously. Bison's mash on jab alot, cause they wanna combo into CC. So try to press jab quickly after you leave them in blockstun to counter hit bison and combo them. If bison jumps at you from a scary range, it's better to roll away and avoid him them to take the guardbar. Bison can make your guardbar flash quick, then thats most likely where you will eat the custom. And if you play C rolento you must master jab jab jab into lvl 3 tripwire super.

Anytime you play vs any character, you can't just stick to safe gameplans, you must take risks in between your safe stuff. That is when the momentum changes. Every match can't be perfect, but from your posts, I think you expect most to be. Anyway just a random observation.

-Kim
    eLivePro | Kim1234

Share YO Passion
  • Nick T.Nick T. Joined: Posts: 3,973
    ohayo1234 wrote:

Anytime you play vs any character, you can't just stick to safe gameplans, you must take risks in between your safe stuff. That is when the momentum changes. Every match can't be perfect, but from your posts, I think you expect most to be. Anyway just a random observation.

-Kim
    I use to do this up until like 2 weeks ago. If you try to keep the game as perfect as possible and as technical as hell, you're going to miss opportunities that most don't see. Took me a while to learn that. But then I started playing with a few risks based on situation and i play 100x better and I feel sooo much more relaxed.
    "It's not your characters' weakness, but weakness in yourself.
    Practice it hard and you can beat anybody." -Kuni
    You guys should be a man like Daigo and walk up half screen and DP against a full meter Bison... thats how he rolls.
    You guys should be a man like Daigo and walk up half screen and DP against a full meter Bison... thats how he rolls.
    and loses
    I dunno 9th place at Evo is higher than you or I... and it was a joke. Most people on SRK seem to get too much into a mindset of playing like a robot. "If he does this, I shall only react and do this, if he does that, I shall only react and do such and such." Go watch all the top players... Choi does psychic DPs, Buktooth does random DPs after low jump early MP w/ Iori, Mago does roll DP/super/RC, Combofiend lives off of random activate, Dan throws fireballs despite them being risky as hell, Bas does one hit scissor kick w/ Bison and then rolls and does random walkup activate, RF lives off of roll CC and dash CC... if you notice... most top players do take risks. Most people on SRK seem to want to play how Ricky and Justin seem to play... which is safe and never taking risks. It seems like the most successful players take risks and know the right time to take them. The only way to learn the right time is actually going for them yourself.
  • OuroborusOuroborus plays 3s just to troll Joined: Posts: 6,982 ✭✭✭✭
    you guys got a good point. recently i too fall in the pattern of playing like a robot. next time, i'm gonna do more psychic activations.
    ssf4ae tier list regarding Gen:

D Proto: and where is Gen?
    oORYUOo: you cannot tier what you cannot see
    I dunno 9th place at Evo is higher than you or I... and it was a joke. Most people on SRK seem to get too much into a mindset of playing like a robot. "If he does this, I shall only react and do this, if he does that, I shall only react and do such and such." Go watch all the top players... Choi does psychic DPs, Buktooth does random DPs after low jump early MP w/ Iori, Mago does roll DP/super/RC, Combofiend lives off of random activate, Dan throws fireballs despite them being risky as hell, Bas does one hit scissor kick w/ Bison and then rolls and does random walkup activate, RF lives off of roll CC and dash CC... if you notice... most top players do take risks. Most people on SRK seem to want to play how Ricky and Justin seem to play... which is safe and never taking risks. It seems like the most successful players take risks and know the right time to take them. The only way to learn the right time is actually going for them yourself.
    I'm aware of that. But I doubt that those guys would do random DP's on a full meter unless they were like two characters ahead and the opponents character was damn near dead.
    But if you watch Daigo play, he's good no doubt about it, but he does stuff at the worst times.
    Yo, what the hell... Stop arguing or take it to the PM's. Daigo is better than anybody here, that's that, and I don't want to read where this conversation is leading to, so cram it already. Thanks.
    kcxj wrote:
    Yo, what the hell... Stop arguing or take it to the PM's. Daigo is better than anybody here, that's that, and I don't want to read where this conversation is leading to, so cram it already. Thanks.
    Shut up.
  • Ratio1BeatDownRatio1BeatDown Drink a 40, Get high.. Joined: Posts: 412
    Playing like a robot doesn't work. Like any game in existence there is a gambling aspect of it, and a robotic aspect of it (i.e. execution, timing, etc)since we cannot know for certain what another opponent is doing/thinking of doing/etc. It just seems that certain players appear "psychic" because they have more experience in particular circumstances. The more you are fimiliar with what normally happens in a circumstance the more you can apply chance to the situation, kind of like an educated guess, since you get used to a more probable outcome. The more you know about characters normals/specials/etc you can apply a more probable move to the situation which covers more options.
  • popoblopopoblo Joined: Posts: 2,141
    any chance you'll finish up the cvs2 evo top 8 log?

peace
    Playing like a robot doesn't work. Like any game in existence there is a gambling aspect of it, and a robotic aspect of it (i.e. execution, timing, etc)since we cannot know for certain what another opponent is doing/thinking of doing/etc. It just seems that certain players appear "psychic" because they have more experience in particular circumstances. The more you are fimiliar with what normally happens in a circumstance the more you can apply chance to the situation, kind of like an educated guess, since you get used to a more probable outcome. The more you know about characters normals/specials/etc you can apply a more probable move to the situation which covers more options.
    I do it a tiny bit different.

I kind of make situations, calculated situations. Then I play based on that. It mostly revolves around damage output comparison between the 2 characters. Then I factor in character weakness(ex. no anticrossup etc.)

I'll give a basic situation, A Blanka vs. C Cammy.
    Blanka can take more risks when Cammy doesn't have meter because she can't do any serious damage outside of like a cannon spike.
    So I take some chances to get in and RC Elec. If I miss, I get hit once. If I land it, then she gets hit and I build meter. I would back off a bit in the begining to build enough meter. Then when I land it activate, dead Cammy. At best she could keep me out. But, I can cr. Rh just outside of her RH range and trip her then go for a RC Elec setup. If she AC's, her guard meter goes down, which just makes it worse because not only would I be giving her more options of getting hurt but she's losing meter and risking getting hit with CC.

Yeah I do this type of stuff in every match.
    kcxj wrote:
    Nitto is a beast and K-Geese is the fanboy bandwagon character of the moment. Nitto vs Kim on http://www.crazyasskim.com. GO GO GO!

Buktooth also does RC running slash more than I use the restroom at work and then not wash my hands and touch other people's food, and I do that a lot because I like it and think it's funny.

K-Geese is the fanboy bandwagon
    :confused: ? Since when?
  • GuardcrushGuardcrush Joined: Posts: 166
    Ever since kcxj started using him.
    Haha, I'd use Geese if I could do the raging storm. Well, I guess I just hafta practice if I have time. Then actually doing it when someone jumps, thats another thing.

On the topic of risk taking. Everyone has to take risks when playing the game, you can be as technical as you want but when it comes down to the line, you have to be able to read your opponent and be like "Ok, hes gonna mash on some random normal so I'll super/DP/Activate" Being the robot (execution, timing, etc.) is something you work on at home, learning to be psychic is what you do at the Arcade.
  • epsilon_epsilon_ helpful Joined: Posts: 3,582
    man kim...thats the best advice ive heard in a WHILE. ...shit. i really need to apply this in cvs2 and 3s too. thanks alot man.
    i don't care what the critics say, violence is a beauuutiful thing!
    Can someone explain how all the comboes in the cvs2.lzh was done? Like that athena one...or the Ken one ( I think it's something with f + RH, dp + Fp).
  • YMDSLTSACYMDSLTSAC Joined: Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭
    On the opposite end of the coin, I think playing like a robot can reap benefits at times. A lot of it is just situational(character mathups, player archetypes).

I've watched some Dan vids and it seems like sometimes he plays really technical and at others I can't tell if I'm watching him or Daigo play.

It seems that playing really unorthodox or playing robotically is secondary to being able to adjust to what your opponent is doing. This only comes with loads of experience however...

P.S. Shit look at Justin Wong. That dude makes computer A.I. Ryo look like a freak of nature and he wins/does well in hella tournaments.
    "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
    -Buddha

"Don't let it happen to you like it did to me, I was a black zombie."
    C Blanka vid up o_O.
    eLivePro | Kim1234

Share YO Passion
  • FullMetalRossFullMetalRoss That Hurt! Liar... Joined: Posts: 3,743 ✭✭✭
    haha, awesome links in that vid man, and the hop super after the lvl 2 shout of the earth was sexy.
    <<>>
  • gig4lsgig4ls Joined: Posts: 339
    It looks like the Ken combo in cvs2.lzh was done like this:
    {dp hk, lp (a kara cancel of f hk) dp + hp]*N
    As for the Athena one, since the a groove bar wasn't flashing, I just assumed that it was on training mode infinite ^_^
    My cat has better footsies than me.
  • Mr.SNKMr.SNK . . . . -B Joined: Posts: 1,809 mod
    Haha, I'd use Geese if I could do the raging storm. Well, I guess I just hafta practice if I have time. Then actually doing it when someone jumps, thats another thing.

Meh he doesnt Need his RS its just a caution for other person your playing just do it once and He wont jump at you anymore.
    A article on how to get better at fighting games, give it a read you might learn something.
    http://shoryuken.com/blogs/mr-snk/learning-how-get-better-fighting-games-1456/#comments
    Random E.Honda footage/My Youtube page.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSNK
  • popoblopopoblo Joined: Posts: 2,141
    ohayo1234 wrote:
    C Blanka vid up o_O.

very good shit. and those shiro vids are off the hook as well. keep up the good work!
  • wepeelwepeel Blanka is my only hope Joined: Posts: 1,180
    Thanks for the C-Blanka video. Maybe NOW someone will believe my second bounce theory...

The CvS2 blog is good stuff too, I hope you find some time to finish it up. Oh BTW quick question, would you ever consider playing runaway in a tournament match? It might help in the Rolento vs. Blanka situation if you manage to get a lead. I know most players have too much pride to play that runaway game, even during tournament matches, but it is actually pretty useful given Rolento's mobility...
    do you believe I would take such a thing with me, and give it to a police man

-find the truth on page 318 of the Thinking Out Loud Thread V.2
    Kim:

Can you talk about the Rolento vs Blanka match some more? I feel very weak in that match and I want to learn. The stuff you wrote about anti-airing Blanka with your RC jumps is useful and I admire that you're bold enough to use Rolento as your main R2 as well.
    Not sure whatelse I can talk about. I haven't played in a while, so my minds not clear of any obstacles I encounter when I play vs a Blanka. BUT, on the side note, can someone record a A-Vega combo on rolento, that involves him landing his grab super. I think this should be possible, since you can otg grab rolento/dan only. But I haven't had any success.... yeah!

-Kim
    eLivePro | Kim1234

Share YO Passion
  • TehBooGiEMaNTehBooGiEMaN MVP Joined: Posts: 345
    hmm, for some reason i can't download the vids...

any help?
    Twitter: ChrisSchmidt559
  • iKlEiTlHiKlEiTlH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Joined: Posts: 1,051
  • Hail And KillHail And Kill Who is Gene Wong? Joined: Posts: 3,263
    Great vids. havent gotten to comment you yet. Welcome to california! how do you like it? Anyways, keep up the good work, ill try to do that grab shit later on. I think its a 3 frame link grab, like akuma's OTG demon flip grab.
    What is life?
    ...to find who you truely are and to make yourself stronger.
    Make no mistake I twist the limb until it breaks,
    prune you off your family tree,
    i'll snap you in half like a chicken wing inbetween my teeth.
    If that was fuckin heat rocks, you're gonna go crazy over the new sagat clip. Peep it!
    eLivePro | Kim1234

Share YO Passion
  • wepeelwepeel Blanka is my only hope Joined: Posts: 1,180
    ohayo1234 wrote:
    If that was fuckin heat rocks, you're gonna go crazy over the new sagat clip. Peep it!

Wow, even more good stuff! Thanks very much for sharing these neat tricks, especially during these times of CvS2 drought. Is this Sagat trick old or new? I've never seen this trick before.
    do you believe I would take such a thing with me, and give it to a police man

-find the truth on page 318 of the Thinking Out Loud Thread V.2
  • PhilthPhilth I <3 4 $ Joined: Posts: 689
    Thats a pretty fuckin dope crossup... what strength knee were you using?
    Next time I go to the arcade imma try usin it...
    Prolly a lil trickyer since im gonna be runnin instead of dashing into it.
    Make no mistake I twist the limb until it breaks,
    prune you off your family tree,
    i'll snap you in half like a chicken wing inbetween my teeth.
  • vasAZNion13vasAZNion13 Thank you Gene. Joined: Posts: 2,368
    does it still work if rolento is crouching?
    SSBB friend code: 2449-4333-1879
    This sagat trick isn't new, but I remember trying to do it years ago, and never got it. I think Buktooth told me about it, but I'm not sure how he found out about it. I used the roundhouse tiger knee. I'm pretty sure if you duck you can avoid getting hit, but I think if I was to use the short tiger knee, it would then work on crouching rolento. Anyway, it's pretty difficult to do, and isn't realistic, just cool.

-Kim
    eLivePro | Kim1234

Share YO Passion
    Holy shit. that shits tight. Im gonna practice it later.

Kim - I tried out the vega CC, the one where you try to wall OTG super grab rolento. It will only work if you are at mid screen. I didnt actually connect with it because its pretty damn hard to do, but thats all the info i can give you: to do it midscreen. If you do it in the corner; when you wall dive, the body will block you from going to the wall as soon as possible.

so its like this:

c.mk, c.hp x2, slide, s.lp, sj up hp hp lp, Let them fall, Super, grab.

EDIT:

I have tested out if rolento was crouching, and here is what happens: either hk strength or lk strength tiger knee, it will cross him up BUT not knock him down. It leaves you open(i think, it looks like he would be.).

CONCLUSION: it will cross him up, but no knockdown, leaves you open.
    What is life?
    "You'd be better off falling asleep with the taste of my crotch in your mouth." - Miyavi

"no no! it don't hurt if spoon is greasy!" - Zangief Chronicles.
    http://www.crazyasskim.com/cvs2_vids.htm Where dreams come true.

Sagat/Rolento vid up
    eLivePro | Kim1234

Share YO Passion
    shit i didn't even know rolento could do pogo -> j. attack -> pogo again
    Omg. i go shit my pants now.

Seriously though, GOOD SHIT KIM. Im curious, how do you find out about all this stuff? Is it from vids, players you see do this, combo vids, your brain? How do you do this?! its incredible, i love it. Goooood shit.
    What is life?
    eLivePro | Kim1234

Share YO Passion