Official Problem and Solution Thread

MrWizardMrWizard Supreme CommanderJoined: Posts: 22,135 admin
Please post any problems here, and our staff will do their best to fix them ASAP.

Try to explain steps to recreate the problem if necessary.

Also, be constructive. There is noting accomplished by saying "I hate the new layout or forum software". State your case on why something should change and we will look into it.

Thanks!
Shoryuken.com

Comments

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,738 mod
    SRK Dark theme isn't loading right for me on Chrome.
    The textbox for quick reply cannot be seen and is small (it's now as wide as it is tall).

Running Chrome 11.0.696.068 with AdBlock.
  • AquasharkAquashark Mekong Delta AirRaid Joined: Posts: 1,540
    the font for posts is horrible. also quoted posts are in italics
    hello friends, my name is Drago Umeharevich from CrossCounter Balkans
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    i can't find my profile page, the page that shows infractions, visitor messages, feedback scores, friends list, groups joined list, etc...
    how do i get to see that page?
    thats all i really care about right now because last tuesday i spent time+effort sending like 50 friend requests to a ton of people i know,...and now i can't find my friends listed anywhere!!!

yeah i knew that the website was going into overhaul mode this weekend but not to this drastic extent.

its 100% changed!

and please don't tell me that all of my friend request acceptances on srk got deleted/erased with the upgrade!?!?
    even if the only reason why i even decided to send friend requests and join groups was to spruce up my profile page...still though. still.

if you can tell me how to view my profile page containing my old visitor messages and friends and groups...please post up.

lol. logged in this morning & SRK blew me up like GIANT AKIHA GOD RUSH MODE

edit:
    i figured it out...how to view my profile page, but my visitor messages seem to have been erased.
    at least my friends list is still intact

~~~~~*at least pages load waaaaaaaay faster now.*~~~~
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • AceKombatAceKombat (́◕◞౪◟◕‵) ”WINNERS DON’T USE ALMIGHTY.” Joined: Posts: 2,067
    Main page crashed my firefox after few seconds after loading . Also Media page doesn't exist :(
    With all the hope combined... there can be a chance in SFV that Ken can, one day, walk again. #TeamWheelchair
    If interested in SFEX2+ matchmaking: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SFEX2P
    CFN: AceKombat Steam: xAceKombatx
  • Trouble BrewingTrouble Brewing Super Coffee Fighter V Joined: Posts: 5,174 mod
    - The mod section appears to have vanished.

- All the Chinese characters in the Beijing thread were eaten in the transfer (they were replaced by question marks). I can enter new Chinese posts with no problem.

- Whenever I try to edit the Chinese back in, I get a message stating I've exceeded the maximum words per post. Was this lowered?

Here is the post for reference:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/street-fighter-in-beijing.34005/

Things look great though. It will be awesome once things get settled.
    The artist formerly known as Starcade RIP
  • TaikiTaiki OH HO HOHOHOHOHO Joined: Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Okay, two things. First, i can't set it so that way 100 posts = 1 page anymore. I like reading damn it. can this be reenabled?

Two, all the damn links are broken and the URI changed entirely so there's no simple UPDATE `table` SET `posts` = REPLACE('shoryuken.com/blahblahblah', 'blahblahblah); fix either.
  • TaikiTaiki OH HO HOHOHOHOHO Joined: Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    one other problem, all of the site's UI elements are friggin' TINY. I rock a 1080p monitor. was this designed for 1024x768?

Also why is there no reply button up top? At first when I started browsing i thought i was banned somehow.
  • farplanerfarplaner Joined: Posts: 636
    Accessing the forums via Tapatalk doesn't work anymore?
  • DemiiPoetDemiiPoet Joined: Posts: 92
    All the links are black (makes it a tad difficult to easily distinguish them from normal text).
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,388
    Can't find the link to go to the last message in a thread. Clicking on the date underneath the name of the last poster takes me to http://shoryuken.com/forum/posts/0/

Also, is there a way to disable avatars?
    Drop down options for thread sorting aren't visible in Chrome. Font is white on a white background.

http://i.imgur.com/EcIO5.jpg
    Can't find the link to go to the last message in a thread. Clicking on the date underneath the name of the last poster takes me to http://shoryuken.com/forum/posts/0/

Also, is there a way to disable avatars?
    That only happens to threads that haven't have new posts ever since the upgrade.
  • VeseriusVeserius Hold Down Back Joined: Posts: 11,491
    on the front page there is a word press admin bar http://i.imgur.com/rwYTb.png

The search is nifty, but the urls point at wordpress admin specific links, and this bar only appears on the home page.

Also where can the text under your name be changed? I don't see it anywhere in the options.
    Vuh-sair-ee-us or just Ves I guess | Twitter | Youtube  | Maj's Footsie Handbook  | My TMNT:TF Netplay Guide
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    - The portion at the bottom of the page with mod names is gone.
    - I have a thread in the Southwest section with a bunch of links to tournaments here on the SRK Tournament forum and none of the links work. (will the link problem be fixed or do they all have to be found again)
    - Can't change that little title under our username
    - I have found the section for modding individual posts but I'm having difficulty finding the mod section for closing and deleting threads. (NEVERMIND I FOUND IT)
    - This is just me nit picking but the icon next to the thread is from the person who created it. I really liked this icons that said if the thread had a new post or that you have posted in it.
    - I don't have any personal experience on this but someone told me that bookmarked links that go directly to a said thread/section come up with the same error as when you click on a link that was posted before the move. Same error I posted above. I can't verify this so this is speculation right now because I didn't have anything bookmarked other then the front page.

If I find more I'll post them.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078
    Accessing the forums via Tapatalk doesn't work anymore?

Do you also get the "Not available (Anymore)" message?
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • farplanerfarplaner Joined: Posts: 636
    Do you also get the "Not available (Anymore)" message?

"Cannot connect to forum" - This forum is either restricting access from Tapatalk or the installed Tapatalk plugin is not working. Please contact your forum administrator.
    BB Code mode in SRK Dark is unusable.

http://i.imgur.com/MKduO.jpg

The insert URL and image windows also have the same problem.
    "Cannot connect to forum" - This forum is either restricting access from Tapatalk or the installed Tapatalk plugin is not working. Please contact your forum administrator.

Weird. I get "This forum is not available (anymore)". But I'm wondering if I have to wait for the new SRK to be added to tapatalk.
  • STORMSSTORMS TestYourMight! Joined: Posts: 91
    Please post any problems here, and our staff will do their best to fix them ASAP.

Try to explain steps to recreate the problem if necessary.

Also, be constructive. There is noting accomplished by saying "I hate the new layout or forum software". State your case on why something should change and we will look into it.

Thanks!

I am viewing from my phone but the SRK logo is absent for me on the front page also what happened to the 100plus pages of the front page?

Looks SICK though guys. :)
    TestYourMight.com - ClassicMK.com - UltimateMK.com
    NO other MK site has the dedication to tournament-play like us.
    The best MK site? YOU make that call.
  • MomochuuMomochuu Little ♥ Monster Joined: Posts: 14,430
    This default post font hurts my eyes. Is there any way to change it?
    Dante Combo Thread | Youtube Channel | Dante Tech Thread | @HelloKarinachuu
    UMvC3: Morrigan (α)/Dante (α)/ Doctor Doom (β)| Persona 4 Arena: Mitsuru/Shadow Labrys
    XBL Gamertag: Hello Momomo
  • del1riumdel1rium Hype Junkie Joined: Posts: 1,802
    Old ignore list didn't carry over ... and I don't see a way to ignore anymore.
    East Coast Throwdown 5 Photos
    More tournament photography: rmpaul.com
  • ElvenShadowElvenShadow Bozac Joined: Posts: 1,147
    is there any way to disable avatars being displayed? its much better to have them turned off when im on srk while at work
    - The guy called "Bozac" against his will :P

member of team Chicago!

my Japan blog: http://elvenshadowblog.blogspot.com/
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Jo Mama Joined: Posts: 8,963
    is the media section gone for good?
    This default post font hurts my eyes. Is there any way to change it?
    I agree, the serifed fonts do go well with the rest of the site.

That said, just noticed that the font colours for SRK Black are fixed now. Thanks guys.
    I agree, the serifed fonts do go well with the rest of the site.

That said, just noticed that the font colours for SRK Black are fixed now. Thanks guys.
    Just do you know, images in sigs are going away as soon as it's fixed (thank fucking Christ).
  • PumpkinBomberPumpkinBomber Troll Hawk Joined: Posts: 3,681
    Using iPhone: with dark theme, reply box is white one white. This makes seeing what you are typing difficult.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
    "I'm all in." - Phil Ivey
  • LiquidMetalLiquidMetal Joined: Posts: 3
    I wasn't able to log in using my regular account. I had to create a separate account just to see what was wrong.

I mean, I was able to log in, but wasn't able to go anywhere or do anything in the forums. Everywhere I tried to go it told me that I'd encountered an error - I couldn't even view my profile or my alerts. I got a confirmation email to confirm my new account when I created this one just now, but never got any such confirmation for the new forums on my other email that is associated with my other account. Could that maybe be the problem?
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/srk-lounge-11-petition-to-get-rockbs-black-card-back.134192/page-15#post-5343245

Any chance attachements can get resized automatically?

Edit; Already handled! Nice work guys!
  • BartStationBartStation Only 1 shade of Grey. Joined: Posts: 2,264

With the new forum, is there any way to get the feedback we had on the Trading Outlet? Since that was the best way to avoid scammers and other sorts of shady people.
    Wu-Tang taught me 3 things: protect my neck, watch my step, and they ain't nothing to F with.
    SRKSale / TWITCH
    Just do you know, images in sigs are going away as soon as it's fixed (thank fucking Christ).
    Dang. Some of us were using it as a way to keep their old animated avatars.

Speaking of which, anyway we can have the animated avatar workaround for xenforo implemented? Even just for premium (heck, I'd but prem for that).
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/animated-avatars-in-threads.14807/
  • CarparkCarpark DIE JOB DEATH CAR? Joined: Posts: 835
    Spoiler tags, how do you do them now? Do they even exist?
    I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow in the knee.
  • MaximilianoMaximiliano Joined: Posts: 719
    How do you change your subtitle under your username? Mine glitched during the change.
  • kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654
    Please port the subscribed topics we had in vbulletin to the watched topics here. I was following quite a few topics, and now I have no idea where to find them.
    紅赤朱
    Figured out why the links to an SRK thread or post aren't working if they were posted before the update.

If I click the link to a tournament I had posted I get this
    http://shoryuken.com/f7/comicpalooza-$2000-grand-prize-marvel-vs-capcom-3-tournament-269334/

If I browse to the actual thread of what it is now, I get this in the address bar
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/comicpalooza-2000-marvel-vs-capcom-3-tournament-houston-tx-may-27-29th.130641/

As you can see, 2 completely different links. Are the new addresses gonna stick or will there be reverting to the old scheme? Replacing all the link I have is gonna be a pain.

This would also lead me to believe that the same thing will happen to anyone who bookmarked a specific page. Again I don't have a specific thread bookmarked so I can't test this.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Sorry to spam but I just discovered this glitch while posting the above post.

If you click edit to edit your post and then click more options you get a broken edit page. The glitch happens if you hit back on your browser while in the edit page (the arrow to let you go to the previous page). I hit back and the site kept me from doing anything. It said I need to be logged in to do whatever but it shows me as logged in. If you refresh or click out of the page it then shows you as logged out and you have to log in again.

Also spoiler tag not working.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
  • VegamanVegaman Soak in your own blood! Joined: Posts: 3,572
    Search isn't working for me.

same
    "Nothing cheaper than something free."
    "You must wait at least 28623 seconds before performing this action."
    Jun 16, 2011 -- 12:28PM, DarthEnderX wrote:
    Makoto is about to have the best day ever.
  • MomochuuMomochuu Little ♥ Monster Joined: Posts: 14,430
    Also, do we still have images like the L M H S A1 A2 thing still? My entire guide's format got ruined because no spoiler tags or those images.
    Dante Combo Thread | Youtube Channel | Dante Tech Thread | @HelloKarinachuu
    UMvC3: Morrigan (α)/Dante (α)/ Doctor Doom (β)| Persona 4 Arena: Mitsuru/Shadow Labrys
    XBL Gamertag: Hello Momomo
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Anyone know how to change or get rid of the text under your avatar?
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • KYJellyDonutKYJellyDonut Custom Stick Junkie Joined: Posts: 860
    Re: Tapatalk...

I get "This forum is either restricting access from Tapatalk or the installed Tapatalk plugin is not working."

Hopefully that gets taken care of as well.
    The Dark Knight Byrdo Custom (JLF (LS-32 Spring), Sanwa, PS2)
    Hori VLX (LS-32, Sanwa, PS3/XB360/XBone)
    Madcatz R1 TE (LS-32, Sanwa, PS3/XB360)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/23277275@N08/sets/72157622163260622/
  • alvarealvare c.RH Joined: Posts: 201
    In this front page article http://shoryuken.com/2011/05/22/topanga-tv-tokido-and-mago-play-mvc3/ I see this in comment #14: "Warning: call_user_func(wpn_gamenow_comment) [function.call-user-func]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback in /home/shoryu/public_html/wp-includes/comment-template.php on line 1333"

I highly doubt he wrote that, so I guess it's a bug. Also,I repliedright there, and the \[QUOTE\] tag didn't work. I'm using Opera 11.10 on Arch Linux.
    <alvare> How do I sex?
    <wartortle> BLARGHA BLARGGHHAA