Official Problem and Solution Thread

Comments

• NeedlecrashNeedlecrash Back to Basics. Joined: Posts: 2,030
    I'm sure that this issue has been aware to everyone. I try to leave a comment on the front page for one of the articles listed (3rd Strike DLC) and it appears as though I am logged in a something else. I have used Firefox 6, and IE8.
    The Gaming Confessions Blog
    Needlecrash's Youtube
    Working on leveling up. Follow me on Twitter @Needlecrash
  • hanzohattori1hanzohattori1 Dust to Dust, Amen Joined: Posts: 945
    I want to delete a conversation, but I'm not able to. If this is a mods only thing, please let me know.
  • True TatsuTrue Tatsu Senpuu or Seppuku Joined: Posts: 1,657
    today I tried to edit my 2 year old signature from 3 lines of text to 1 line of text and well...
    see my current signature below.
    also its link to the rules leads to an error page.
    :sad: tier bending :bluu: the saltiest of techniques :shake:
  • inoekiminoekim You dirty, Universe Joined: Posts: 28
    There was a topic voicing this concern already, but I will say it here.

Whenever I load SRK's front page on Chrome, the whole browser locks up until it finishes loading all shit that's on there. This doesn't happen in Firefox, but I hate using Firefox and won't load another browser just to check the SRK front page.
    SSF4: Bison
    AE: Yang, Bison
    MK9: Kabal, Sektor
  • mustbeh4xmustbeh4x Win! Joined: Posts: 67
    srk_homepage_script_dialog_20110908.jpgI'm running into this annoying problem when visiting your website. It doesn't matter if I click yes or no, the dialog box pops up again after a minute. Internet explorer is completly unresponsive during this time. Please advise...
    "Winning isn't everything; it’s the only thing." - Vince Lombardi
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    that doesn't look like IE9, I get the script messages sometimes also but they never cause continuous popup at least not on here.
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

• deadfrogdeadfrog Joined: Joined: Posts: 6,787
    Is there still a way to view the list of moderators for a particular subforum???
  • igniz13igniz13 Joined: Posts: 31
    I've seen the script issue in older versions of IE. If you press No and then wait for the script to load it will let you in, eventually. I think it has something to do with facebook connectivity but I'm not sure exactly.
  • mustbeh4xmustbeh4x Win! Joined: Posts: 67
    I have this script issue on several Windows XP machines using IE8. Anyone else can test and confirm? When I click No or Yes, IE becomes unresponsive and if I wait it out then the stop script dialog comes up again. I've been having to dodge the frontpage because of this for several days now, please advise.
    "Winning isn't everything; it’s the only thing." - Vince Lombardi
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    Was the ability to use colored fonts disabled?

The option to do it is there and when you are typing the post or editing the post it shows the color change, but the moment you post/save everything goes back to your basic black font.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • versus addictversus addict Casual User Joined: Posts: 622

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t296/stopdropandrock/srk_homepage_script_dialog_20110908.jpg

I'm running into this annoying problem when visiting your website. It doesn't matter if I click yes or no, the dialog box pops up again after a minute. Internet explorer is completly unresponsive during this time. Please advise...

Same here, started out of nowhere about a week ago....front page will 100% crash IE8 explorer on W7. Happens on various PCs same ver.
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,406
    Recently (beginning Wednesday of last week) skins have not been working in Firefox. I don't know what it is, but I'm currently on a White/Blue/Orange SRK Dark skin.

I've cleared the browser cache, deleted all browsing data, etc. It's all the same.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Is it just me or can noone else change their avatars? Mine keeps defaulting back to this Yoshi even when I delete my avatar and upload some random other image...
  • mysticspheremysticsphere Lover of Cakes Joined: Posts: 746
    I am using Firefox, and have had trouble logging in. When I log in sometimes, the screen will just reload the login prompt as if nothing happened. Also, when I do manage to get in, I will be logged out when I try to respond, despite being logged in. I found a workaround this: I click the "stay logged in" and it helps.

The other thing is that the Recent Forum Posts section seems to have disappeared completely since yesterday, not sure if this is a bug or intended.
  • vVv ChiboSempaivVv ChiboSempai Joined: Posts: 111
    Can someone direct me to someone who can change an email address on an account? My old ChiboSempai has a problem with it, it says there is an error when I try to view any page (forums, events, preferences, contact info, anything). It looks as if I was banned, but have absolutely no idea how, especially seeing that I almost never post. This account of mine is registered to my college email address, which may be expiring soon after graduating and wanted to switch it to my primary address if possible.
  • DR JayDR Jay Joined: Posts: 22
    I keep getting logged out everytime I go to a new page and attempted to change avatar but not letting me do so.
    SSF4AE: Ryu, E.Ryu, Ken, Bison;
    BlazBlue: Ragna;
    MVC3: Wolverine/Akuma/Phoenix or Dante/Wesker/Zero;
    3SO: Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Yun;
    AH3: Nazuna
  • splurgendiisplurgendii Every match-up, has a solution! Joined: Posts: 1,221
    why was COLOR removed from font?
    splurrrr
    "gen" like the character
    Deeeeeeee
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,116 mod
    Was the ability to use colored fonts disabled?

The option to do it is there and when you are typing the post or editing the post it shows the color change, but the moment you post/save everything goes back to your basic black font.

-DJ-
    Probably because of idiots using light coloured fonts giving people on the Light theme a hard time reading them and people using dark fonts giving people on the Dark theme a hard time reading them.
  • Laughter 7Laughter 7 Joined: Posts: 564
    Why is it that when I click on a thread on the SRK forums that the page won't load 4 times out of 5?
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    Two things:

Sometimes when I go to access GD from my home computer I get coding errors, and it won't let me in. Every other area I visit is fine, just that particular one or threads within it.

Second is Tapatalk related: I keep getting this message over and over "Permission Error: security error, you may not acces this content". This happens when I do anything: enter an area, open a thread, refresh, check convos, etc. And not like once or twice, I tried to refresh a page earlier and the error popped up four times before I got a chance to.

If I have to (once again) delete SRK and re-add it let me know, just aggrivating.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,165
    having a problem with firefox/aurora when it comes to starting a conversation. the conversation box does not appear. not using No Script or ABP either. it works with IE though so i just used that but... i hate using IE :(

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • Eep1337Eep1337 Stream Monster Joined: Posts: 17
    I am having an annoying problem. I use opera. When I visit the site, go to a forum, click on a thread, and lets say I want to go back to the forum by pressing the BACK button..

I have to hit back TWICE in order to get back. Why is that? Is there any way to fix this?
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    what happened to the BOLD and UNDERLINE option thingy? I can't seem to space out my post to make them more coherent, it's all forced into one big paragraph.
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

• True TatsuTrue Tatsu Senpuu or Seppuku Joined: Posts: 1,657
    It seems that the option to edit your signature is gone?
    I've mentioned this before, :bluu: with no followup reply...

Also... pretty sure this is a bot with it's own thread
    :sad: tier bending :bluu: the saltiest of techniques :shake:
  • AYO?!AYO?! Strong Style Hips. Joined: Posts: 19,032
    Another problem: on my home computer under Firefox yesterday the main forum page wouldn't load correctly. I'd have Premo, Newbie, and half of SFIV and the rest was just weird script and text lines. Clicking on one of the threads would fix everything and load up the nedia bar at the top but returning to the main page it'd still be messed up.

Going to see if it's been resolved when I get home, I can see it's not a mass problem but wanted to report nonetheless.
    PSN tag: AYO_Merc, XBOne: AYO Merc, Steam: AYO_Merc.
    Lover of all things Jojo's, WRRRRY!
    New AV: Savaii64. Former AV's: Streak, LBC, Csp4here, Tuna Fish Riot, goodm0urning, and Aria.
  • MissJonelynMissJonelyn Assassin Julia Joined: Posts: 140
    Anyone else having issues with the forums in terms of navigating? Everything seems to be running slower than usual.
    I play on both XBL and PSN. E-mail me if you what someone to practice with.
  • ToodlesToodles da Fetus of Gawd! Joined: Posts: 10,778
    Anyone else having issues with the forums in terms of navigating? Everything seems to be running slower than usual.
    Oh hell yeah. Server response from Shoryuken.com is tragically slow for me right now.

Edit: Back to normal for me now.
  • MissJonelynMissJonelyn Assassin Julia Joined: Posts: 140
    Oh hell yeah. Server response from Shoryuken.com is tragically slow for me right now.

Edit: Back to normal for me now.

Yeah, it's fine now more or less.
    I play on both XBL and PSN. E-mail me if you what someone to practice with.
  • Spinning BeatSpinning Beat Mr. creampie your girl Joined: Posts: 3,973
    I have an issue involving avatars.

When I upload one, the new one doesn't take the place of the old avatar. My old avatar just stays. What does this mean?
    The most beautiful rose is cultivated in the blood of those who fall before me.
    SFV: Vega.
    3S:Ibuki, Yang, Ryu
    KOF 98:Kyo/Iori/O.Chris
    I play to learn, because you can't win if you don't know shit.
    July, 16 1991: That's when the beat dropped.
    CFN:weedandwater
    R.I.P Bankroll Fresh
  • AlidfeAlidfe Joined: Posts: 969
    complex media bar won't close on Chrome for the past week or so. Up until today, I couldn't get it to close on Firefox either.

The problem spontaneously fixed itself.

New issue though:

About one out of every ten times I go to the SRK homepage, the homepage is using a dark theme ( black background, white text, yellow-ish links ). How do I make it consistently do one or the other?

To clarify, I know about the buttons on the bottom of the page to change themes, but my problem is that the webpage seems to spontaneously switch between the two on occasion.
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    It seems the forum is now automatically embedding youtube links. Can we undo that?
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
  • Corner-TrapCorner-Trap Troll Harder Joined: Posts: 2,683
    Why does the site keep forcefully changing my signature. It's supposed to say:

[Dec 9, 2011] Elite Zone Weekly (Fayetteville, NC)
    [Dec 17, 2011] Elite Zone Monthly (Fayetteville, NC)

I read the rules and I'm clearly not breaking anything. It's less than 4 lines, less than 1000 characters and I'm not changing the color, font or size. I've seen other signatures breaking every single one of those rules so why is mine being forcefully altered?
  • piskooooopiskooooo anime swag Joined: Posts: 4,386

I read the rules and I'm clearly not breaking anything. It's less than 4 lines, less than 1000 characters and I'm not changing the color, font or size. I've seen other signatures breaking every single one of those rules so why is mine being forcefully altered?
    Keeps happening to me too.
  • Corner-TrapCorner-Trap Troll Harder Joined: Posts: 2,683
    Keeps happening to me too.

What the hell why is my post different now? I originally posted saying:

Instead it says:

Elite Zone Monthly (Fayetteville, NC)
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.

So why is that second part omitted now in my post?
  • SpoRSpoR SpoR Joined: Posts: 350
    When I read news posts on the main page, I see people double, triple, and even up to as much as penta posting identical posts in a row. Whenever I try and log in and post anything I am logged out anywhere from instantly to a minute and have to relog a half a dozen times every time I want to post,edit, or reply. Also the site sometimes lags out/freezse and/or is just generally slow to respond all the time. Since I'm trying to F5 to relog back in it sometimes just doesn't even do anything.

I have firefox 8.0 on windows xp

ps- forgot to mention that I also cannot comment on the any news articles/front page stuff.
    Zerg!
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Certified Geese.... Joined: Posts: 21,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I noticed I can't seem to see if a thread is locked or not...................
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • Jon SlaytonJon Slayton Consistently Inconsistent Joined: Posts: 4,305
    I'm having issues with the embedded videos in the news working. I can go to the youtube page for the links and watch but I just have a black youtube box with a play arrow in the middle, clicking it does nothing. It was working a few days ago so I'm not sure if it's the website or something wrong on my end.
    "You know that sinking feeling when Zero hits you?" - MTP

You can only be as good as those you copy, those who you seek to emulate. If you want to be great then be yourself.
  • konkretekonkrete NCV Joined: Posts: 2,380
    I'm having the same signature problem, although it won't change when I put a new sig in.
  • xlxlxlxlxlxlxlxl Joined: Posts: 2,008
    I laughed at this a bit harder than I should have.
    b08ca26475.jpg
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Steam: xlxlxlxl123 (Path of Exile, USIV, Awesomenauts, Dota 2)
  • Predacon RampagePredacon Rampage Skullgirl Blood Joined: Posts: 404
    If I wanted to go about changing my username or making a new account because I no longer like my name, how would I do this? Am I permanently stuck with it?
    Skullgirls: Painwhee/Marie
    KOF: Iori, K', & Shen
    VS: Lilith Sub: Jedah & Demitri
    BB: Hazama Sub: Tager