Official Problem and Solution Thread

Comments

• x_tremerx_tremer steam: inphinite Joined: Posts: 452
    Haven't logged in for over a year and It seems none of my posts are goin through. Do i need to be verified?
  • HiyaMayaHiyaMaya Joined: Posts: 567
    Test post. Post getting eaten if i try posting in other places.
  • 武俠派武俠派 燈火闌珊處 Joined: Posts: 589
    Why can't I post anything?
  • bitchesandsakebitchesandsake Joined: Posts: 11
    Had to create a new account because I forgot my info from forever ago. It's been 4 days, I've posted 3-4x (once was a test post). Nothing has been "approved." It still says I have 0 posts in my profile. This is ridiculous.
  • ShockdingoShockdingo Freelance voice actor & Reploid.PHD in Q speculation. Joined: Posts: 1,488
    Not sure if this is an error, but even when I unbookmark a thread I still get emails. I want to unsubscribe from just one thread rather than lose email notifications entirely.
    "Bison drinks DELICIOUS expired milk on tuesdays while driving trucks into wandering fighters." - m121akuma

Warrior's Fate: The identity of Street Fighter's Q. Now in video!

No more Skullo? How I'd bring tokusatsu back to SF.

My StreetFighter voice acting reel
  • DystopianDystopian Joined: Posts: 14
    I want to delete an account, with everything gone and all that. How do I go about doing this/who do I ask?
  • J.DJ.D EVO Staff Joined: Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Bots on the SF5 section are going NUTS!
    Fight For The Future!!
  • ZebsterZebster Joined: Posts: 3,738
    Have comments been disabled on the front page? Disqus doesn't load at all for me on the front page.
    KOF 14 team: Robert/King/K'
  • FrozteyFroztey That British Dude Joined: Posts: 7,950
    Ever thought about any processes to eliminate bots a little easier? Like a thread creation daily allowance, or a 1 week waiting period on accounts before threads can be made or something.

Or hell, just super good human recognition software. Bots seem to be increasing in amounts recently which is why I bring it up. I've seen about 4/5 instances in the past 3 weeks.
    CFN - Froztey
    PSN - daFRZT
    BattleNet - Froztey#2545
  • ajyou003ajyou003 Joined: Posts: 123
    Trying to get my default SRK avatar back but the Remove Picture button does not seem to be working. Any possible solutions?
  • Dangerous JDangerous J Clinicals now!! Joined: Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    A minor problem, but randomly my smartphone will load the desktop version of SRK, not the easier to read mobile version.

It usually corrects itself in a 1/2 days.
    Anything to force it back to mobile?

Thanks
    PSN: DangerousJSRK

"There is no end to the adventures we can have,if only we seek them with our eyes open."
    -Jawaharlal Nehru
  • WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX C.JACKOBE > David Sirloin Joined: Posts: 17,638
    We lost the ability to resize text a week ago.

Example: EVO MVC3 topic in Top 5 drafting a post, but I stopped caring once BBCode tag for size stopped working
    your suggestion is only in the form
    of a complaint, with no suggestions actually

so expect that to get treated like it is

cant change yesterday
    can act to change tomorrow

but go ahead and grandstand like make your own events
    not you but wait until someone with the means and
    that word dont know this second

initiative does it while your lazy ass capitalizes WORDS on the net and this blows over in a week

you want word from those running the site?
    expect not to get any, especially promises from the way youre going about it
    initiative does it while your lazy ass capitalizes [size=6]WORDS[/size] on the net and this blows over in a week

1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

• Raz0rRaz0r Did you really just write that? Joined: Posts: 24,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    You are not a real poster. You are a bot. You don't get to voice your complaints.
    This is offensive.
  • luckyjimluckyjim Joined: Posts: 116
    SRK wiki has been down since at least yesterday, anyone know what's up?

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/

Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.

Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.

(Cannot contact the database server)
    @MrWizard Paging MrWizard if you can help :)
  • KaneKane biding my time Joined: Posts: 388
    luckyjim wrote: »
    SRK wiki has been down since at least yesterday, anyone know what's up?

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/

Sorry! This site is experiencing technical difficulties.

Try waiting a few minutes and reloading.

(Cannot contact the database server)

I second this, there was a lot of useful stuff in there.

Any news about the wiki status?
  • EternalEternal unpleasable perfectionist Joined: Posts: 12,436
    edited September 2015
    Been down I think 4 days now and not even a word on if it's being looked into :/
    http://ink-gaming.com/ono/doku.php The new home of the Ono Tool official wiki.
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,134 admin
    its been looked into.
    Shoryuken.com
    Wiki's still down, but a different error this time:

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
  • Void92Void92 Joined: Posts: 34
    What's the bbcode for hiding stuff with spoilers ?
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,651 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    [-spoiler][/-spoiler] ..................(Get rid of the dashes)
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • MuffinMan123MuffinMan123 Joined: Posts: 93
    Was the forum down today? Couldn't get in here for hours. The main site was working fine, but I couldn't connect to the forum server.
  • Rick RossRick Ross Niggaposi☆Continues Joined: Posts: 5,641
    Forums were down for me too.

dat Manilla Vanilla life tho :coffee:
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,865 admin
    @MrWizard The ":\" smiley is the wrong one. It should be :bluu:, but instead is :confused:. Pls fix.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• rieszriesz キルヒアイスが生きていれば Joined: Posts: 178
    edited January 2016
    Not sure if this goes here but I didn't want to make a new thread. Is there a way to go to the last unread post in a thread via url?

edit: Thanks!
    Post edited by riesz on
    Add #latest to the thread URL.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

Why are moderation notes hidden from public view now? I used to enjoy reading ban messages the mods left for people on their warnings page.
    "I don't think women in video games and anime are hyper sexualized. I think they're Mexican women who occasionally speak Japanese." - Tekno Virus, sharing his words of ethnic wisdom.
    edited January 2016
    Those are different things meant so mods can leave notes on user profiles that only mods can see. The feature still seems kinda beta to me.

edit: This is as opposed to Bans and Warnings which TMK should still show up on profiles for all users. But we moved over to a new Warning system, so all previous warnings should be expired at this point.

What's up with these banned people coming back with alt names and being allowed to post again?

This is getting really goddamn exhausting, especially since we are only allowed to ignore 20 names.

Maybe it's time to start implementing IP bans by county.
    This is offensive.
    Any specific references here... ? PM me if that's a better medium.

I forgot the person's name already, but he posts numerous times in the Lounge. I'll just flag his shit or something next time I see him posting.

This is offensive.
    Flagging doesn't do anything you want it to do except for bots. Do not use it nor abuse it to flag users. If you need a mod to deal with something, either @ or PM the/a mod.

What's so hard about it? You'll see my face in the flag and think "Oh, this must be that motherfucker Raz0r said was possibly an alt account."

Seems cake to me.
    This is offensive.
    That's not how it works currently. Based upon our previous conversations, you're aware of that. Spam flags need to solely be used for bot spam. That is the only thing that they are good for. I've mentioned this to you previously. For any other moderation level concern, either @ or PM a mod.

Menschenopfer

That's the name of the perpetrator.
    This is offensive.
    Raz0r wrote: »
    What's up with these banned people coming back with alt names and being allowed to post again?

This is getting really goddamn exhausting, especially since we are only allowed to ignore 20 names.

Maybe it's time to start implementing IP bans by county.
    Hm. I thought I'd take a step back and look at this. I don't know how the Ignore plugin works: looks like 20 slots is the current default(?) and I don't see further settings.

I checked around a little further to see if I could bump your personal Ignore list limit. You now have 19 free Ignore slots to work with. You're welcome. :)

• WTF-AKUMA-HAXWTF-AKUMA-HAX C.JACKOBE > David Sirloin Joined: Posts: 17,638
    So, 'Right Clicking a Quote to open in a new tab' gives you the page

but its blank with no quote.

Sigs randomly disappearing from pages too. But are there right after you make the post.
    1999 = "A Game with Parries isn't Street Fighter"
    2016 = "Releasing a Complete Game isn't Street Fighter"
    You wouldn't even understand if I told you.
    People will forget what you said.
    People will forget what you did.
    But, people will never forget how you made them feel.

How do I look at a list of the 42 users who pressed LOL at one post. I'm wondering if Beta senpai pressed lol to the Tylone roasting.
  • STKSTK In...infinite Imagination! Joined: Posts: 322
    how do you unsubscribe from threads?
    Knowledge Is My Power! My Power Is Knowledge

Click on the little star at the top of the thread on the page.

• STKSTK In...infinite Imagination! Joined: Posts: 322
    didnt work. still getting updates from a thread i have not posted in for years.
    Knowledge Is My Power! My Power Is Knowledge

forgive my ignorance, but what is the plugin or application name that enables the reaction bar (lol's, like, agree, etc) for Vanilla forums?
    "Reactions".

• calil_bfrcalil_bfr Joined: Posts: 47
    edited April 2016
    Are there icons for punch (any punch, like :k:) and charged directions?

cidbahamut wrote: »
    Every time I think I'm improving I inevitably end up facing an opponent who thoroughly confirms that that is not the case.
    :lp: :mp: :hp: :b: :f: :punch: ?

We're using the Shoryuken Emoticons set. I don't know how to browse into or edit that. I think that's a Wiz thing and I believe he's out of town until early next week.

edited April 2016
    Preppy wrote: »
    :lp: :mp: :hp: :b: :f: :punch: ?

We're using the Shoryuken Emoticons set. I don't know how to browse into or edit that. I think that's a Wiz thing and I believe he's out of town until early next week.

I meant a white punch icon, meaning "any punch" (just like :k: means "any kick").
    If there's colon-k-colon for generic kick, I don't know why there isn't colon-p-colon for generic punch.

These are normal directions, not charged directions.
    Every time I think I'm improving I inevitably end up facing an opponent who thoroughly confirms that that is not the case.
    I'm unaware. Looks like you want to hit up Wiz once he's back.

edited April 2016
    Preppy wrote: »
    I'm unaware. Looks like you want to hit up Wiz once he's back.

'Kay. Then I'll just mention @MrWizard here and wait for him to show up. Thanks!

Post edited by calil_bfr on
    This new intrusive Complex Media bar is pissing me off. :mad:
  • pheraipherai LIVE FOREVER Joined: Posts: 11,879 mod
    yeah, is there no way to have it from expanding to full screen width after EVERY page refresh? its almost a joke there is a close button on it.
    pherai gouki dated gwen stefani in HighSchool. Thats why today she likes all things Japan. smokin.gif