Official Problem and Solution Thread

191011121315»

Comments

• LBCLBC KISHISHISHISHI Joined: Posts: 3,681
    Havent logged in a good time, are there mobile layouts as well? Like the dark lay out / theme?
    "LBC once parried Daigo super....I SEEN IT!"- JAY "KILLA Z' TANNER

3rd Strike: Makoto/Q/Alex/Urien
    MvC2: MSP
    SFV: Alex / R.Mika

LBC-GFX
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants Working on it.......... Joined: Posts: 20,493 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What happened to the dark theme?
    What happened to the likes/dislikes............sigs............and join years?

Why does my eyes hurt?
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Frame Data Scientist Joined: Posts: 20,311
    What happened to the dark theme?
    What happened to the likes/dislikes............sigs............and join years?

Why does my eyes hurt?

Looks like they fixed it. I guess SRK just broke for a bit.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Cammy, Ed (maybe?)
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Blazblue: Kokonoe, Makoto
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • appomoappomo uupps Joined: Posts: 3,208
    how can i delete my account here? i cant find the option.

You can't...............I think you could ask an admin to though.

Preppy or MrWizard.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,756 admin
    Yup, PM me. Since that screws with the board history, you'll want to explain why deletion is necessary versus just logging out and moving on.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

So I have to be logged in in order to view the forums via mobile..............is that a thing now?

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    I have to be signed in now too. It's extra garbage considering viewing a thread automatically subscribes you to it, with no way to unsubscribe.
    Preppy wrote: »
    Yup, PM me. Since that screws with the board history, you'll want to explain why deletion is necessary versus just logging out and moving on.

you cant even see the forum when your not logged in anymore....so its doesnt matter anyway.
    is it a bug or intention?

Dunno: I'm not aware of anything that changed there. That'd be a question to Wiz.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 169
    edited June 2016
    appomo wrote: »

you cant even see the forum when your not logged in anymore....so its doesnt matter anyway.

Yeah it's kind of annoying when I just want to quickly browse a section, or send a link to a friend who doesn't have an account now. Everything just comes up blank or if I direct link to a post, it ask me to login. I hope it's a bug and not intended to work like this.
  • hehariothehariot Joined: Posts: 2

Yeah it's kind of annoying when I just want to quickly browse a section, or send a link to a friend who doesn't have an account now. Everything just comes up blank or if I direct link to a post, it ask me to login. I hope it's a bug and not intended to work like this.

Yeah, that is why I created an account recently. I really do hope they change this.
  • WAZAAAAAWAZAAAAA I'M ALEXANDER THE GREAT Joined: Posts: 44
    hehariot wrote: »

Yeah, that is why I created an account recently. I really do hope they change this.
    First they limit account registration to invitations only. Now you are required to login to view the forum.

inb4 monthly subscription to browse SRK and everyone migrates to EH
    YOU'RE NOT ALEXANDER
    I'd rather pay a sub for these forums than go to Eventscrubs................

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,167
    Yeah what the hell? Been wondering for a few days now what happened to the forums, shows just a blank with no discussions found or nothing. Made me login to this clown site to view it, usually I just lurk every now and then, Mr. Wiz up to some janky shit for sure.
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
    Why not just ask @MrWizard yourself?

• ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,800
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    @MrWizard

Been over a week now. What's the deal with this log-in to view board requirement?
  • StockyJamStockyJam roses are red your nuts are blue Joined: Posts: 4,761
    So I have to be logged in in order to view the forums via mobile..............is that a thing now?

this^

i just realized this too. Website wont let me view threads unless logged in.
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,530 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016
    Are there any skins for mobile? I don't use SRK's default (vanilla) skins, google stylish blue steel ftfw
    -Bulldancer
    You get to blaze medical marijuana in peace you lucky motherfucker. RIP bruv

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • TheCrimsonPugilistTheCrimsonPugilist Pugilist Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 95
    edited September 2016
    Whenever I scroll over any of the reaction buttons, the lists go downwards and the lots of white space is generated as a result. Additionally, I can no longer access/view the dark theme for the website, join dates have changed from length of time to actual dates, and the reaction pages on profiles no longer shows the reaction buttons for reference. Pictures below to show what I mean

http://imgur.com/a/8njHm
    "Giving your all is the mark of a true champion."

Steam /Youtube/Twitch: TheCrimsonPugilist
    CFN ID: SuperCaptainAce / CrimsonPugilist
    XBL: SuperCaptainAce

SFV: Ed, Balrog, Guile
    USFIV: Dudley, Fei Long, Cody
    TTT2: Steve Fox & Jin Kazama, Steve Fox & Miguel, Lee Chaolan & Baek Doo San
    KI: Fulgore, Spinal, TJ Combo
    SF3:3S: Dudley, Ryu, Akuma
    UNIEL: Mika, Akatsuki, Gordeau
    KOFXIV: Nelson, Hein, Geese
    GGREV: Johnny
    Now you block bitch!
    You can now Flag :: Report posts. I think is the solution people have been looking for. So far it seems to work well. (Mods, this shows up under the Reported Posts option under Settings. I don't know how to clear them either.)

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 9,211
    I thought you said you resolved the spamming?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    We can never resolve the spamming perfectly. It's 1000x better than it was, and the new Report flag actually works even though mods need to check it. The Report flag is about exactly what the Spam flag should have been.

• LightzLightz Why aren't you holding a bucket of spicy chicken? Joined: Posts: 1,214
    edited October 2016
    I don't know if it's a problem with my PC but lately, sometimes clicking links here opens a new tab to spam/ad websites. I'll do a virus scan to be sure but it's just something that I've noticed.

Edit: nevermind. I think it's a problem on my end
    Post edited by Lightz on
    Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.
    edited October 2016
    Browsing to the SRK forums from a Tablet results in this page:

SN1JGEN.png

I'm on Android 6.0.1, using Chrome Stable v53. Toggling the "Request Desktop Version" option still gives the same result.

h5o1PbV.png

This started happening after the recent Dyn DDoS attack has been resolved (and it apparently affected SRK as well)
    Opening the Forums from a phone works, with both Mobile and the Full version
    No issues were present on Desktop

any ideas what's going on @Preppy ?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    edited April 1
    Noticed various issues over the course of recent days

- The forum either doesn't load up at all (and I'm presented with an error message in Chrome), or I'm greeted with Vanilla's "Oops, something went wrong" screen. A refresh or two usually helps, but such errors might happen on complete random
    - Clicking on reaction buttons also sometimes displays "Whoops! There was an error" message. Happens at complete random
    - Same happens when trying to leave a comment, and I'm greeted with a "There was an error performing your request. Please try again" message
    - The forum sometimes automatically logs me out. This happens very rarely, but it does happen nonetheless. Pretty sure during such occasions I'm browing the forum actively and I have the "Keep me logged in" option ticked on the login screen. Might be Chrome-related, couldn't test with other browsers
    - The comment draft system automatically bring up the saved draft even after I post the comment I wanted. This results in me posting that said draft + whatever I wanted to post in respone to somebody else. Can only be fixed by removing the draft, inputting a symbol (like a dot) and clicking save draft
    - The forum's index page (after the recent changes) now displays the forum/subforum name twice. Once in the left (as usual), and second time when displaying who replied in which thread and how long ago. I guess this makes sense for categories with multiple subforums, but other than that it's kinda redundant
    - (not quite a problem but still) The forum doesn't embed https links from Twitch. Only works if you remove the "s" and insert it as http:// ....
    - If somebody uses a BBCode for code, when using the Dark Theme - whatever content inside is invisible as it's displayed in a yellow color

like this
    THIS IS A TEST

SRK's Story Thread Crew:

1/2/3/4/5/7/8 all are Wiz level stuff.
    As regards 6 - can you give me an example or screenshot... ?

OK, everybody Level 2 and higher should now bypass the spam check.

Everybody OG gets Premium access, which is mostly just a nostalgic thing.

New mods.

edited April 2
    1/2/3/4/5/7/8 all are Wiz level stuff.
    As regards 6 - can you give me an example or screenshot... ?

This is what I'm talking about

ptOvcfe.png

See how the index page mentions the category/subforum name twice? It makes sense for subforums with multiple separate categories within (like Regional Matchmaking or Media Outlet), but this also applies to subforums without categoeis within them, like the ones I highlighted on the screenshot, it's simply redundant. I suppose it can't be tweaked per-forum and has to be either turned on or off globally

As for the rest - can you give Wiz the feedback about these issues? They're kinda annoying tbh and I'm sure other people are also experiencing this
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

That's by design, since that indicates where that particular post was made. It's redundant in Categories view but useful in Discussion view. Just ignore it in Categories view.

I already did and cannot help further there. That's a Wiz thing. :bluu:

edited April 27
    So it looks like the Vanilla Forums have again done some changes

The YouTube videos aren't embedding properly, offering no player, and upon clicking the thumbnail you're sent to the main website

For example:

Any idea what's up with that @Preppy ?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

• DaemosDaemos God of Fuck Joined: Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I AM NO LONGER OG?! MY POWERS ARE WEAKENING HELP ME!
    edited April 28
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

The YouTube videos aren't embedding properly, offering no player, and upon clicking the thumbnail you're sent to the main website

For example:

That is a damned good question. No idea.

edited April 28
    Daemos wrote: »
    Sorry, I scrubbed that up. Fix is in progress: probably will take a little bit to reprocess people. :sad:

• DaemosDaemos God of Fuck Joined: Posts: 9,047 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Daemos wrote: »
    Sorry, I scrubbed that up. Fix is in progress: probably will take a little bit to reprocess people. :sad:

59249648.jpg
    center tags arent working anymore :|

edited April 29
    PVL_93_RU wrote: »

For example:

That is a damned good question. No idea.

Also, pretty much all embedding is currently broken on the forum

Youtube, twitter, Twitch, instagram, all of it offers either a thumbnail or just a link. Guess something changed under the hood in the forum engine

Inserting hyperlinks and images works as Intended
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:

Yes embedding is broken. I can't fix it on my side. This is a Vanilla thing.

edited May 4
    OK, confirmed from Vanilla that Embedding is broken on their side and that they are aware of it and plan to patch it "real soon". I can work around the break by switching the site to use WYSIWYG style editing, but that seems like such a headache since I think most of us are used to code-level posting. I can do it if needed, though. Just seems like it would be weird.

• BrooklynBrooklyn breathe water. Joined: Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Just logged in for the first time in a minute and tried to add social but....

http://forums.shoryuken.com/entry/twauthorize/profile

{"errors":[{"code":215,"message":"Bad Authentication data."}]}

any fixes Preppy?
    llgittens
    Ö£d Σçhòò£ Å┼ Ñööñ
    psn/steam: urcreditscore xbox: urcr3ditscor3
    edited May 15
    Were you trying to use Twitter or Facebook login? I think I got Facebook login maybe working. I promise nothing. Twitter login I like less so didn't try fixing that - I just turned that off for now. I could fix that if that's useful to people, though.

Thanks for letting me know - I went to the Social Plugins page and both plugins were clearly marked as non-configured. Whoops for whomever turned them on: at the least I've moved us forward this far. :tup: