Official Problem and Solution Thread

191011121315»

Comments

• LBCLBC KISHISHISHISHI Joined: Posts: 3,681
    Havent logged in a good time, are there mobile layouts as well? Like the dark lay out / theme?
    "LBC once parried Daigo super....I SEEN IT!"- JAY "KILLA Z' TANNER

3rd Strike: Makoto/Q/Alex/Urien
    MvC2: MSP
    SFV: Alex / R.Mika

LBC-GFX
  • Geese PantsGeese Pants RIP Shatta........ Joined: Posts: 20,088 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    What happened to the dark theme?
    What happened to the likes/dislikes............sigs............and join years?

Why does my eyes hurt?
    The Prince of Masturbation.........

"Please do not use such strong words...........it makes you look weak."
    -Traitor Aizen Souske
  • LordWilliam1234LordWilliam1234 Frame Data Wizard Joined: Posts: 19,394
    What happened to the dark theme?
    What happened to the likes/dislikes............sigs............and join years?

Why does my eyes hurt?

Looks like they fixed it. I guess SRK just broke for a bit.
    PSN/Steam/NNID/CFN: LordWilliam1234
    SFV: Chun-li, Juri
    Smash 4: Fox, Cloud, Corrin
    Pokken: Braixen
    Guilty Gear: Ky, Dizzy
    Smash 4 Frame Data
    SFV Frame Data
    SFV SRK Lounge Bingo! (Season 2)

VGFC - Worlds Collide (Fan-made fighter made by me)
  • appomoappomo Joined: Posts: 2,632
    how can i delete my account here? i cant find the option.

You can't...............I think you could ask an admin to though.

Preppy or MrWizard.

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • PreppyPreppy act like you're used to it Joined: Posts: 13,488 admin
    Yup, PM me. Since that screws with the board history, you'll want to explain why deletion is necessary versus just logging out and moving on.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

MvC2 for Xbox One/PS4 pls

So I have to be logged in in order to view the forums via mobile..............is that a thing now?

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    I have to be signed in now too. It's extra garbage considering viewing a thread automatically subscribes you to it, with no way to unsubscribe.
  • appomoappomo Joined: Posts: 2,632
    Preppy wrote: »
    Yup, PM me. Since that screws with the board history, you'll want to explain why deletion is necessary versus just logging out and moving on.

you cant even see the forum when your not logged in anymore....so its doesnt matter anyway.
    is it a bug or intention?

Dunno: I'm not aware of anything that changed there. That'd be a question to Wiz.

http://zachd.com/mvc2 : My giant archive of fighting game videos, centered around MvC2.
    "If you don't feel like killing yourself every time you lose you will never be good. Apologyman is going to be a monster someday as long as he keeps staying miserable." --Brightside6382

• MonkeyGovernorMonkeyGovernor Joined: Posts: 146
    edited June 2016
    appomo wrote: »

you cant even see the forum when your not logged in anymore....so its doesnt matter anyway.

Yeah it's kind of annoying when I just want to quickly browse a section, or send a link to a friend who doesn't have an account now. Everything just comes up blank or if I direct link to a post, it ask me to login. I hope it's a bug and not intended to work like this.
  • hehariothehariot Joined: Posts: 2

Yeah it's kind of annoying when I just want to quickly browse a section, or send a link to a friend who doesn't have an account now. Everything just comes up blank or if I direct link to a post, it ask me to login. I hope it's a bug and not intended to work like this.

Yeah, that is why I created an account recently. I really do hope they change this.
  • WAZAAAAAWAZAAAAA I'M ALEXANDER THE GREAT Joined: Posts: 44
    hehariot wrote: »

Yeah, that is why I created an account recently. I really do hope they change this.
    First they limit account registration to invitations only. Now you are required to login to view the forum.

inb4 monthly subscription to browse SRK and everyone migrates to EH
    YOU'RE NOT ALEXANDER
    I'd rather pay a sub for these forums than go to Eventscrubs................

-Traitor Aizen Souske
  • yomipoweryomipower not a legendary game designer Joined: Posts: 1,167
    Yeah what the hell? Been wondering for a few days now what happened to the forums, shows just a blank with no discussions found or nothing. Made me login to this clown site to view it, usually I just lurk every now and then, Mr. Wiz up to some janky shit for sure.
    Yomi, which is the Japanese word for the underworld. Also a brand of vitamins for children.
  • ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,612
    Why not just ask @MrWizard yourself?

• ElderGODElderGOD GOD Joined: Posts: 9,612
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    @MrWizard

Been over a week now. What's the deal with this log-in to view board requirement?
  • StockyJamStockyJam Joined: Posts: 4,068
    So I have to be logged in in order to view the forums via mobile..............is that a thing now?

this^

i just realized this too. Website wont let me view threads unless logged in.
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,497 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited July 2016
    Are there any skins for mobile? I don't use SRK's default (vanilla) skins, google stylish blue steel ftfw
    -Bulldancer
    You get to blaze medical marijuana in peace you lucky motherfucker. RIP bruv

-Javi
    02’s can never be OG
  • TheCrimsonPugilistTheCrimsonPugilist Pugilist Enthusiast Joined: Posts: 94
    edited September 2016
    Whenever I scroll over any of the reaction buttons, the lists go downwards and the lots of white space is generated as a result. Additionally, I can no longer access/view the dark theme for the website, join dates have changed from length of time to actual dates, and the reaction pages on profiles no longer shows the reaction buttons for reference. Pictures below to show what I mean

http://imgur.com/a/8njHm
    "Giving your all is the mark of a true champion."

Steam /Youtube/Twitch: TheCrimsonPugilist
    CFN ID: SuperCaptainAce / CrimsonPugilist
    XBL: SuperCaptainAce

SFV: Balrog, Alex, Necalli
    USFIV: Dudley, Fei Long, Cody
    TTT2: Steve Fox & Jin Kazama, Steve Fox & Miguel, Lee Chaolan & Baek Doo San
    GGXRD: Slayer, Leo Whitefang
    SF3:3S: Dudley, Ryu, Akuma
    UNIEL: Mika, Akatsuki, Gordeau
    KOFXIV: Nelson, Hein, Geese
    GGREV: Johnny
    Now you block bitch!
    You can now Flag :: Report posts. I think is the solution people have been looking for. So far it seems to work well. (Mods, this shows up under the Reported Posts option under Settings. I don't know how to clear them either.)

• PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 8,725
    I thought you said you resolved the spamming?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...
    We can never resolve the spamming perfectly. It's 1000x better than it was, and the new Report flag actually works even though mods need to check it. The Report flag is about exactly what the Spam flag should have been.

• LightzLightz Bangkok Bastard Joined: Posts: 1,210
    edited October 2016
    I don't know if it's a problem with my PC but lately, sometimes clicking links here opens a new tab to spam/ad websites. I'll do a virus scan to be sure but it's just something that I've noticed.

Edit: nevermind. I think it's a problem on my end
    Post edited by Lightz on
    Just when you think you have all the answers, I change the questions.
  • PVL_93_RUPVL_93_RU SRK's Capcom Pro Tour Ambassador Joined: Posts: 8,725
    edited October 2016
    Browsing to the SRK forums from a Tablet results in this page:

SN1JGEN.png

I'm on Android 6.0.1, using Chrome Stable v53. Toggling the "Request Desktop Version" option still gives the same result.

h5o1PbV.png

This started happening after the recent Dyn DDoS attack has been resolved (and it apparently affected SRK as well)
    Opening the Forums from a phone works, with both Mobile and the Full version
    No issues were present on Desktop

any ideas what's going on @Preppy ?
    SRK's Story Thread Crew:
    • bakfromon, Miðgarðsorm, & Lord Vega - Translations and Lore info
    • just5moreminutes - Story Mode v2.0
    • Doctrine Dark - Character Bios and Endings
    • Shockdingo - The paragraph writer
    • YagamiFire & Darc Requiem - The thread MVPs
    • Cestus - the Dolls endorser
    • The Shakunetsu - The character concept machine
    • Caio_Lins - The CFN profile cropper
    • Daemos - The thread dictator, also a Bison fanboy
    • DarthEnder - The bullshit caller

Also starring (but not limited to):
    Mykka, Scotia, Hawkingbird, TrueBackLash, Chun-Li_Forever, Kecka, ruthless_nash, mikros, ...