Official Problem and Solution Thread

Comments

• MajinhurricaneMajinhurricane Forced to play super turbo, f%@# Cammy. Joined: Posts: 3,304
    alot of threads are dissapearing!
    But there is no implying that every Rose player picked Rose just so they can go "hur hur hur hur there is nothing you can hur hur hur do about hur hur hur let the spirits guide you hur hur hur hur". -Anton
  • Mr. FlowersMr. Flowers Omega Male Joined: Posts: 2,085 mod
    Anyone know how to change or get rid of the text under your avatar?
    ^ This! I was searching through the settings for 30 mins and gave up. Also, I uploaded a gif and its not animating. Are animated gifs not compatible or is there another way to upload them? On the vbulletin I used to use the option to use URL but on this new forum I can only upload from desktop or use some other weird thing that I don't know.
    Don't nerf me!
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,134 admin
    Ive completely disabled signature changing, because of images. People are abusing them.

Ive enabled title changing.
    Shoryuken.com
    Thanks Mr Wiz. Any chance restrictions can be put on sigs later so they can be enabled again in future? Also, can staff post announcements on this new forum? I was going to post an announcement about the SRK IRC channel in the SSF4 section. I had been discussing it with another member in this thread http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/sakura-irc-chat.133526/
    Don't nerf me!
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,532
    was wondering how to change the title under your name? its still not coming up for me to change it
    Preferences > Personal Details > check under your avatar.
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,633
    I cannot find a field in my account pages to edit my signature.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • MizukiMizuki ayy lmao Joined: Posts: 3,200
    In SRK Dark, when you try to type a title, it's white font on a white background box. Can you change that please?
    www.twitter.com/thenipahhut
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,532
    I cannot find a field in my account pages to edit my signature.
    Read MrWizard's last post.
    Ive completely disabled signature changing, because of images. People are abusing them.
  • craigkellercraigkeller Get blown up Joined: Posts: 418
    Weird. I get "This forum is not available (anymore)". But I'm wondering if I have to wait for the new SRK to be added to tapatalk.
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/tapatalk-xenforo-support-iphone-ipad-android-blackberry-windows-phone-7-webos-nokia-app.14335/
    When I grow up, I wanna play like SkillZ

"...but you don't realize you are the player that they are adding these features for. You need shortcuts trust me I've seen you mash that shitty silver ps2 controller" - Essex

"Alukard is nothing but a little [racial slur] who talks shit and deserves to be punched in the face." - Dont Jump (stay classy bro)
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    Yeah thanks! I checked the tapatalk forums and turns out Xenforo wont work for wp7 until june.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Givin' dat ho ho ho dem eyes. Joined: Posts: 13,633
    Read MrWizard's last post.
    Yeah, I saw that shortly after I posted, and was too lazy to edit. My bad.

On a side note, I kind of like that it shows Facebook-esque alerts when someone quotes your post. Should make it easier to know when I should definitely visit threads.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV | CFN: MissingPerson GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654

Ive enabled title changing.

Signature is shown also on profiles, FFS, don't disable it!
    Just put the "show signature" option for every user on off as default. If someone wants to see them they can just enable them from the control panel.
    紅赤朱
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406
    Alright, thanks for the update Mr. Wizard.
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,568 mod
    - Multiquote button; is it coming back?
    Dang. Some of us were using it as a way to keep their old animated avatars.
    Speaking of which, anyway we can have the animated avatar workaround for xenforo implemented? Even just for premium (heck, I'd but prem for that).
    http://xenforo.com/community/threads/animated-avatars-in-threads.14807/

I second this, it's always been some kind of SRK charm to me.

Besides I miss my animated av :(
    Also, do we still have images like the L M H S A1 A2 thing still? My entire guide's format got ruined because no spoiler tags or those images.

This, character thread managers are already beginning to pm me in the MvC3 subforum.
    Is this temporary due to the switch?
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
    signature editing is re-enabled, images should be disabled now.
    Shoryuken.com
  • luigi182luigi182 Scrubtastic! Joined: Posts: 180
    Cool thanks for the update! :)
    "There will always be Street Fighter!" --Jspot.
  • drew511drew511 Atlanta Dracula Joined: Posts: 107
    I can't find the options to view threads from newest to oldest (or new posts on the front page on top and old posts at the back)
    am I missing something or is it completely gone?
  • BanzboyBanzboy Neo Angelo Joined: Posts: 307
    These aren't really problems but i don't know where to post this. My apologies if someone has posted this before.

-Gifs don't work as avatars(doesn't move)
    -I love that you guys enabled youtube embedding for iphone, but it is on the slow side. I don't know if it's out your hands but i thought you guys ought to know.

All in all, great job. Love the redesign, really professional. Looking forward till it's 100% perfect!
    The Banzboy's champ
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is there no longer a way to block/ignore users?
  • yebyeb AE元是我最喜欢的。 Joined: Posts: 442
    14y1yl4.png
    The latest post text is really hard to read, there just isn't enough contrast. I think changing it to the bold text and lighter color of the character forums would be a big improvement.
    Super Street Fighter 4: Chinese Edition.
    yeb likes this game.
  • FairlySadPandaFairlySadPanda Meditating on Saikyo Joined: Posts: 234
    No stream list on the front page? :(
    - FSP -
    Stream list is a top priority, it is being worked on today.
    Shoryuken.com
  • Corner-TrapCorner-Trap Troll Harder Joined: Posts: 2,683
    The ability to edit thread titles seems to be gone.
  • kitsunisankitsunisan I need alcohol Joined: Posts: 3,231
    Odd issue I'm seeing, there is no time stamp on posts. I've needed to find a specific post in threads before relying on the date/time to get me there. Using the light theme, don't know if it's there on the dark theme.
    DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES. THANK YOU - The Community
  • FulaaniFulaani Of terrorist descent Joined: Posts: 2,555
    Is it me or is it difficult to see what character subforums have new posts and which don't?

Also don't like that it doesn't display how many pages a thread has unless you hover over it
    zoning took an indefinite hiatus
    So images really have been disabled. I personally liked it but whatever the admins/mods say goes I suppose since it's their forum. I respect their decision btw. :)
    I think the dark theme should be the default tbh. I'm really liking the alerts on posts aswell. Great stuff. :cool:
    I'm starting to find my way around quite easily now. To see last post on a thread click the small arrow that points to the right just before the thread title guys.
    Don't nerf me!
  • MaximilianoMaximiliano Joined: Posts: 699
    14y1yl4.png
    The latest post text is really hard to read, there just isn't enough contrast. I think changing it to the bold text and lighter color of the character forums would be a big improvement.
    Hey that's me!
  • R | CR | C Hunter Rank 999 Joined: Posts: 1,495
    signature editing is re-enabled, images should be disabled now.

Thanks Wiz!
  • hagenNORKANOIAhagenNORKANOIA Joined: Posts: 647
    all SRK links are broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-(
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    This isn't anything to cry about but I thought it was odd. I wasn't logged and I noticed the animated GIFs for avatars didn't show. I logged in and all of a sudden I could view them. I personally I'm not bothered by this I'm just posting anything I find odd or broken.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • JaxelJaxel Community Builder Joined: Posts: 568
    Is there no longer a way to block/ignore users?
    This feature will be coming next week to XenForo.
    Visit a BETTER Soulcalibur Community: http://www.8wayrun.com/

I stream tournaments on the east coast! If you want me to stream your tournament, let me know!
  • ExvarisExvaris Arcade ∞ Joined: Posts: 2,879
    Just making a quick post to thank Mr. Wiz and the rest of the SRK staff for being on top of their game and fixing things quickly!

Also, I do want to echo the thought that posts don't look good in SRK Dark. I think that the fonts are okay (wouldn't mind if they were simpler though, serif fonts are harder to read), but I personally feel that the white text on black background is hard on the eyes. Signature text (that sort of grayish color) is MUCH easier to look at.

Like this, for example. Even lowering the contrast just a little makes it less of a strain to read. I, for one, would really appreciate this since I (like many users, I'm sure) tend to browse while at work and already have to stare at a computer screen for 8+ hours a day. I appreciate any break I can get.
    «勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。»
    "Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    ---
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,096
    VB allowed you to adjust thread replies per page from the default 20. Can you bring that feature back? I used to have my replies set to 50-- 20 is way too short for my taste.

It needs some tweaking ( a lot of tweaking) but it's a really nice layout. Pages load incredibly fast.
  • AbominableKAbominableK A Swell Guy Joined: Posts: 156
    Posting for 4r5.

He changed his email to his gmail account and hasn't received a confirmation email for his account.
    "You can't be Justin Wong; Justin Wong is black."
    -Steve "Angry Black" Harrison
  • 4r54r5 FIGHTAN VIDYA GAEMS Joined: Posts: 2,579
    i'm an idiot, they were just in my spam folder, and i just found out i had a spam folder
    PSN: fourer5 // XBL: fourerfive
    www.youtube.com/user/fourerfive
  • radicaledward101radicaledward101 . Joined: Posts: 805
    In order to see if I could fix my name wrapping onto a second line, I decided to make my custom title as long as possible (50 characters). It did something weird to the interface you get if you click on your username at the top of a forum page.

This is my interface with the custom title:
    mistake.png

I will be simply changing the custom title to something else, but I still thought the text overlap should be noted.

P.S. Scaling down the text size for names longer than 15 characters would fix the text wrapping problem >_>
    -MBAA - Seifuku Akiha (I only play casuals now. No one wants to play...)
    -VS - Demitri (According to Twitter I'm the worst Demitri ever! [My Biggest FGC Accomplishment])
    -VF - Kage
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,084 mod
    all SRK links are broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-(
    New format means, new links.

If you want to help, do like what I'm doing in Tech Talk and getting everyone to compile the new links for all the old threads that mattered.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    looks great. But is the live stream section removed or am i blind?
  • CainMarkoCainMarko The Ubiquitous Mr Lovegrove Joined: Posts: 43
    Looks good in Dark Mode. I'll just need to get used to the pop up bubbles.
    Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist. Keep loving. Keep fighting.
  • smooth assassinsmooth assassin Exellence in a Jar! Joined: Posts: 2,008
    yo i use to have my forum layout to show the new posts first and now i cant seem to find a setting for that and its really pissing me off. Where is it? if its not in there put it in mofos.
    Hello my name is Edgar and im a marvelholic.
    Casual Cartel - "We aren't random, We Improvise!"
    Playing Mvc3 online is like trying to jack off with your left hand. In your head you know what you want to do but it never comes out like you want it to and you feel like you've just been molested.
  • ElvenShadowElvenShadow Bozac Joined: Posts: 1,147
    Is there any way to hide all avatars from being displayed like you can with sigs?
    - The guy called "Bozac" against his will :P

member of team Chicago!

my Japan blog: http://elvenshadowblog.blogspot.com/
    VB allowed you to adjust thread replies per page from the default 20. Can you bring that feature back? I used to have my replies set to 50-- 20 is way too short for my taste.

It needs some tweaking ( a lot of tweaking) but it's a really nice layout. Pages load incredibly fast.

I think the default was 25, and I actually preferred that vs. this now default 20.

I would IDEALLY like 40, since that's what I'm used to on other forums.
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    The ability to edit thread titles seems to be gone.
    This is pretty important imo.

Also, are link names permanent? Is there no way for old links to redirect to new ones? I'd prefer to not update my long list of bookmarks (and other megathread creators will have to fix every single one of their links as well).

Also, multi-quote only works on a per-page basis. Trying to quote the last post on one page and the first post on the next is impossible if you don't do it manually.
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,096
    I turned off rich text input in settings (rich text mode does something weird whenever I post a link or quote on another site, like add the text color, font,and HTML hyperlink codes) . Now in regular input mode, whenever I type a message,the window is white text and white background. This only happens in the SRK Dark skin-- in the Light skin it's the same light background but black tezt. Pls fix.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,373
    For some reason, if a thread contains a YouTube vid, it only loads the content until the vid. The page looks like it's completely loaded though. Sometimes it loads properly if I keep hitting refresh.

eg. http://i.imgur.com/lZ8A2.png

There are actually quite a few posts after that on that page but that's the only one that loads for me. Notice how it says "1 more message" at the end of the post.

This is Firefox 4. Seems to work fine in IE.
  • RisingChurchRisingChurch Bass Bass Wub Wub Wub Joined: Posts: 456
    While the main search input works, "Search This Forum" doesn't work at all for me, also the ability to search a thread is completely gone, and I feel that it's a very important feature. Another thing with the search is you can't search for Dee Jay because both strings are too short, and adding quotes to it doesn't work. And for example if you search 'Dee Jay Matchup', as of now the first result is a thread about the Taskmaster matchup and team building. This will of course apply to anyone with a 3 letter name like Ryu, Ken, Yun, etc.

This isn't as important but I hope there will be more styles to choose from because aspects of the current ones really bug me like the lack of borders, makes things feel unstructured to me, all floaty. I don't know if that's supposed to make it feel more like twitter or facebook or whatever, but it isn't very forum like.
  • HFXHFX out of practice abel Joined: Posts: 4,738
    even after i unchecked the box under settings > preferences "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...and receive email notifications of replies", I still be getting emails when someone replieed to my watched threads.... How do I make that stop?
    Kanagawa/Malaysia - Team FRB Japan 2012 Til Infinity
    https://twitter.com/abelity_
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,477
    The ability to edit thread titles plzkthx

Also, can we expect the 5 image limit to be lifted at all? it's really something that hurts areas that have FAQs and tutorials.
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    If you are a mod click edit to change the title of the thread. Don't be inside the thread you have to be looking at it as if your about to click it to get into it.

-In the Southwest section the DTX (dallas, fort worth) thread says its moderated and is a little bit greyed out. I tried changing the thread to visible to get their thread back up but an error pops up telling me it's a javascript error.

-It seems the option to hit enter multiple times to create more space between lines or whatever is limited to one. I'm gonna hit enter 5 times after this and put my normal sign off and it should only pop up in the post as just 1 line of space.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director