Official Problem and Solution Thread

Comments

• Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    1)how are we to know who has positive or negative feedback in the Trading Outlet subforums?

2)PROBLEM:for some reason, in all the avatar boxes (including my own and i'm using srk dark) the very bottom of everyone's avatar box there's is a white line going across that is cutting off everyone's Custom Title statements.

how do i fix this?
    what is the SOLUTION?

*when i was using srk light, there was a black line going across everyone's avatar box covering up not only everyone's Custom Title, but everyone's Username as well.
    then i switched to dark, now can see everyone's username, but now the strip is white and cutting off everyone's custom title in half!?!?
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654
    even after i unchecked the box under settings > preferences "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...and receive email notifications of replies", I still be getting emails when someone replieed to my watched threads.... How do I make that stop?
    You probably need to unwatch and re-watch every thread you've posted in since the forum moved to xenforo.
    紅赤朱
  • networkingyuppynetworkingyuppy RandoMadness. Joined: Posts: 2,321 mod
    Is there any way to lock the threads? I don't see the option in the thread tools.
    Team Spooky | Battle Circuits | Next Level
    GamePAD Inc. | CTF | Support a local game store today!
    Timtiktok. Mole Man City, even the Turtles can't even find you. Fen.
    facebook.com/networkingyuppy
    Twitter: @networkingyuppy
  • JaxelJaxel Community Builder Joined: Posts: 568
    Is there any way to lock the threads? I don't see the option in the thread tools.
    You can lock a thread in the full reply form. Click more options on the quick. reply form.
    Visit a BETTER Soulcalibur Community: http://www.8wayrun.com/

I stream tournaments on the east coast! If you want me to stream your tournament, let me know!
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    For some reason, if a thread contains a YouTube vid, it only loads the content until the vid. The page looks like it's completely loaded though. Sometimes it loads properly if I keep hitting refresh.
    Quoting because I came here to report this.

Let me add that this doesn't seem to be the case for every thread. There are threads with youtube embeds that function perfectly fine.

New problem. Editing a post to add insert links using the Rich Text Editor doesn't display results properly. For example, type a word and highlight it then insert your link. The word stays black, not indicating that what you did is functional. It should turn blue to display that is is a link.

OK, scratch that. I went back to my example thread and it's broken now.
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 4,396
    i dont see a colorchange or any other indicator when a new post was made in a topic, while browsing the forum.
    我道
  • toloretolore Joined: Posts: 1,696
    For some reason, if a thread contains a YouTube vid, it only loads the content until the vid. The page looks like it's completely loaded though. Sometimes it loads properly if I keep hitting refresh.

eg. http://i.imgur.com/lZ8A2.png

There are actually quite a few posts after that on that page but that's the only one that loads for me. Notice how it says "1 more message" at the end of the post.

This is Firefox 4. Seems to work fine in IE.

quoted for importance.
  • pootnanniespootnannies addicted to bad things Joined: Posts: 3,052
    This feature will be coming next week to XenForo.
    thank goodness. i noticed today that some of the douches that are on my ignore list posts were displayed and i freaked out.

also, time stamps do not appear if the poster embedded a youtube video. using the latest firefox.
    visit the HD Sprite Thread- http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/hi-def-sprite-thread-first-post-updated-1-9.32449/

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,134 admin
    making something browser compatible is xenforo's issue, not SRK's
    Shoryuken.com
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    Well can you at least disable image and youtube embeds on the majority of the boards like you did on the old software?

By the way, the embed thing seems to be a NoScript issue. Forbidding Shoryuken.com or Youtube.com will display the pages normally.
  • ploftkaploftploftkaploft Joined: Posts: 723
    When I click "log in to reply" on any of the front page articles, I'm taken back to the front page, instead of the login screen.
  • NakiNaki 「謎のバイカー」 Joined: Posts: 448
    any animated gif i upload doesn't work
    it just becomes a still
    like this post if you want cfe released on psn/xbla
    cvs2 too
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,129 mod
    any animated gif i upload doesn't work
    it just becomes a still
    Needs to be less then 192x192 and 51.2kb in size for non prem (90kb for prem).
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• NakiNaki 「謎のバイカー」 Joined: Posts: 448
    Needs to be less then 192x192 and 51.2kb in size for non prem (90kb for prem).
    your help is very much appreciated
    this is a dream come true
    like this post if you want cfe released on psn/xbla
    cvs2 too
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,568 mod
    Is it me or does logging in take 4 to 5 times before I actually log in?
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
  • miniiminii Mundo posts where he pleases! Joined: Posts: 568
    I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if this has already been posted but I noticed today there's a bug where a thread will only load a few posts on a page instead of all of them. I've had it happen a few times so far in different threads. You have to go to a different page and then go back to make it load properly, simply refreshing will not fix the issue.
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,387
    Just another vote for the post font change.

Part of the reason that I mention this is because it's disjointed. It's a major disconnect when most of the forum uses one font style, and another section uses a different one.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
  • KashkabaldKashkabald a2 tem mais nível Joined: Posts: 37
    Either search is broken or some good topics were purged, namely in Tech Talk. The topic I was looking for in question was the Datel Arcade Pro topic. Google finds the old link for it, but I can't find the thread using the forum search.
    Either search is broken or some good topics were purged, namely in Tech Talk. The topic I was looking for in question was the Datel Arcade Pro topic. Google finds the old link for it, but I can't find the thread using the forum search.
    SEARCH INDEX has not been rebuilt yet. MrWiz is making sure the import is complete before running the rebuild. It will take several days to rebuild and it would suck for him to have to do it twice.

I stream tournaments on the east coast! If you want me to stream your tournament, let me know!
    Please get the posts per page back to 25 or 40. 60 is far too much for comfortable viewing.
    紅赤朱
  • KashkabaldKashkabald a2 tem mais nível Joined: Posts: 37
    I see, thanks!
  • ExvarisExvaris Arcade ∞ Joined: Posts: 2,879
    Please get the posts per page back to 25 or 40. 60 is far too much for comfortable viewing.
    I think it would be more effective to allow us to pick how many replies per page we want to see.
    «勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。»
    "Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    ---
    I think it would be more effective to allow us to pick how many replies per page we want to see.
    I agree with you, but it doesn't seem Xenforo has that option...
    紅赤朱
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Mr. Wizard has changed it to 60 at the request of people and now they want it to go back down? There needs to be a poll so that people won't complain about it every five minutes. If 60 is too much and 25 is too little... 40 posts per page?
    i like that idea, 40 it is!
    Shoryuken.com
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Thanks for dealing with all the issues Mr. Wizard.
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,415
    Is there no longer a way to block/ignore users?

Same question I had, but I heard this was coming in a later version of the forum code. Is this true?

EDIT: nevermind Jaxel already covered that. Hurry up with that shit, I've got a loose end I need to tie up in my local thread.
  • Dr. WilhelmDr. Wilhelm Most call me Doc. Joined: Posts: 1,022
    I guess this would be the right place to ask but I tried to upload a new avatar that's only 46.7kn in size but I'm told it's too large. Anybody else experiencing this?
    I guess this would be the right place to ask but I tried to upload a new avatar that's only 46.7kn in size but I'm told it's too large. Anybody else experiencing this?
    46.7kb is not the same as 46.7Kb...

• Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    I know I posted this but I've gotten more questions about one of the threads that is messed up in the southwest section.

The thread titled DTX Thread - Version 5.1 is currently not able to be viewed by anyone not a mod of that section and I'm assuming the moderaters and admins of the whole site. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?forums/southwest.118/ scroll down it's towards the middle and it's the only thread with a little red shield with a white x on it. The players of that area created a new thread since the old one disappeared on them and I was asked if it was possible that I can get it back up for them even if it were to remain locked. They just want to at least view it.

It's stuck on a setting called moderated and if you go in the thread you see at the top "Awaiting moderation before being displayed publicly" If you try to change it to visible (I'm assuming this will make it open to the public again) a red javascript error pops up. Is there another way to go about changing the status or can one of you guys open it back up for me? Thanks in advance.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • crapfacecrapface Joined: Posts: 603
    How do I disable avatars? I don't see the option for that anymore in preferences.
  • ElvenShadowElvenShadow Bozac Joined: Posts: 1,147
    How do I disable avatars? I don't see the option for that anymore in preferences.

yea I already asked this twice but no one seems to know.
    - The guy called "Bozac" against his will :P

member of team Chicago!

my Japan blog: http://elvenshadowblog.blogspot.com/
  • CyricCyric Karma Kramer? Joined: Posts: 32
    How come my avatar is visable in the regular forums but not when I post in the front page articles?
    Judging by the lack of visable avatars there, I'd guess this is affecting a lot of people.
    Cant wait for Saints Row 3, Soul Calibur 5 and Gears 3.
  • No LimitzNo Limitz EXTENDED REALITY Joined: Posts: 850
    I have this really annoying problem when viewing a thread which has an embedded youtube video on the top post.
    Pretty much I can only see the first post and none of the following posts for that whole page.
    Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Just saw the previous posts, glad to know i'm not crazy.
    EDIT#2: To the people having my issues, do you have some form of ad/script blocker running in your browser?
    4jbo.png01rj.png0sh8.png
    I know I posted this but I've gotten more questions about one of the threads that is messed up in the southwest section.

The thread titled DTX Thread - Version 5.1 is currently not able to be viewed by anyone not a mod of that section and I'm assuming the moderaters and admins of the whole site. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?forums/southwest.118/ scroll down it's towards the middle and it's the only thread with a little red shield with a white x on it. The players of that area created a new thread since the old one disappeared on them and I was asked if it was possible that I can get it back up for them even if it were to remain locked. They just want to at least view it.

It's stuck on a setting called moderated and if you go in the thread you see at the top "Awaiting moderation before being displayed publicly" If you try to change it to visible (I'm assuming this will make it open to the public again) a red javascript error pops up. Is there another way to go about changing the status or can one of you guys open it back up for me? Thanks in advance.

-DJ-
    Contact the mods for that forum section and ask them to take it out of moderated status.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

its broken, make a new thread.
    Shoryuken.com
    Just noticed that links to other pages within SRK don't open in a new window/tab anymore. While I'm not sure if this was a requested change, it sure makes navigating around the Tech Talk tutorials/info list thread so much easier. Thanks.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• del1riumdel1rium Hype Junkie Joined: Posts: 1,802
    Middle-click the link. Personally I hate it when a site decides for me that I should have a link in a new window/tab ... bad design.
    East Coast Throwdown 5 Photos
    More tournament photography: rmpaul.com
    Middle-click the link. Personally I hate it when a site decides for me that I should have a link in a new window/tab ... bad design.
    Nah, I actually like that it opens SRK links in the same window, since it makes browsing through the thread I posted less messy (pretty sure this applies to the many match-up threads in SFIV/MvC3/MK9 etc. as well) since clicking on the navigation links simply bring you to the correct post (and don't open the same page on a different window/tab).

That said, ideally, the forum should let the thread creator choose how the link is opened. However, the only site I know that does that is Unity and wahtever forum software One-Site runs for them.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• hapibanana21hapibanana21 Joined: Posts: 10
    why are the arrows gone in the combo thread? look
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/wesker-combo-thread.128815/
    why are the arrows gone in the combo thread? look
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/wesker-combo-thread.128815/
    The old smilies have yet to be implemented.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• hapibanana21hapibanana21 Joined: Posts: 10
    ^alright sir. thanks!
  • del1riumdel1rium Hype Junkie Joined: Posts: 1,802
    Just noticed that links to other pages within SRK don't open in a new window/tab anymore. While I'm not sure if this was a requested change, it sure makes navigating around the Tech Talk tutorials/info list thread so much easier. Thanks.

Just realized I completely misread this. :S Disregard my prior comments.
    East Coast Throwdown 5 Photos
    More tournament photography: rmpaul.com
  • Mr. FlowersMr. Flowers Omega Male Joined: Posts: 2,085 mod
    I can't see the moderator forum. Is ther any kind of disciplinary system on this new forum? Warnings,
    infractions, bans? All I can do now is close threads and delete posts.
    Don't nerf me!
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078 mod
    What he said below.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    I can't see the moderator forum. Is ther any kind of disciplinary system on this new forum? Warnings,

will be implemented this week.
    Shoryuken.com
  • KarsticlesKarsticles Greetings. Joined: Posts: 2,700
    Whole sections of the Dormammu thread have completely disappeared:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-dormammu-thread.125050/

Notably, in the Basics section, all of my headers are gone for each attack before the spoilers...

Also, the text for all of my videos has been changed to a [ MEDIA], which biffed up the formatting; do I simply have to go through and change every single link back to a [ URL] like I had it before?

At least [ SPOILERS] is back.
    "Karst" for short.
    My YouTube Channel, Dedicated to Fighting Games:
    My YouTube Channel, Dedicated to Fighting Games:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8XyfyFtAkiWPRuW6mHB9sQ

My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
    My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    Contact the mods for that forum section and ask them to take it out of moderated status.
    I am a mod for that section.
    its broken, make a new thread.
    That sucks. I already passed word to the DFW players that nothing more can be done. They have already created a new thread.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • NocturnalNocturnal SNK Supporter Joined: Posts: 2,977 mod
    It seems I can't mod the KOF section anymore. I already sent a PM on this issue but wasn't sure if it was just me having this problem.
    youtube channel = jaimedl
    twitch channel = jaimedl
    twitter = NocturnalSRK
    I am a mod for that section.
    That's weird, I was able to "unmoderate" a thread in Tech Talk because some folks weren't able to see it.
    Yeah, been meaning to ask about this myself. Though I just assumed that those features haven't been implemented yet.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara