Official Problem and Solution Thread

Comments

• Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    This isn't anything to cry about but I thought it was odd. I wasn't logged and I noticed the animated GIFs for avatars didn't show. I logged in and all of a sudden I could view them. I personally I'm not bothered by this I'm just posting anything I find odd or broken.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • JaxelJaxel Community Builder Joined: Posts: 568
    Is there no longer a way to block/ignore users?
    This feature will be coming next week to XenForo.
    Visit a BETTER Soulcalibur Community: http://www.8wayrun.com/

I stream tournaments on the east coast! If you want me to stream your tournament, let me know!
  • ExvarisExvaris Arcade ∞ Joined: Posts: 2,879
    Just making a quick post to thank Mr. Wiz and the rest of the SRK staff for being on top of their game and fixing things quickly!

Also, I do want to echo the thought that posts don't look good in SRK Dark. I think that the fonts are okay (wouldn't mind if they were simpler though, serif fonts are harder to read), but I personally feel that the white text on black background is hard on the eyes. Signature text (that sort of grayish color) is MUCH easier to look at.

Like this, for example. Even lowering the contrast just a little makes it less of a strain to read. I, for one, would really appreciate this since I (like many users, I'm sure) tend to browse while at work and already have to stare at a computer screen for 8+ hours a day. I appreciate any break I can get.
    «勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。»
    "Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    ---
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,097
    VB allowed you to adjust thread replies per page from the default 20. Can you bring that feature back? I used to have my replies set to 50-- 20 is way too short for my taste.

It needs some tweaking ( a lot of tweaking) but it's a really nice layout. Pages load incredibly fast.
  • AbominableKAbominableK A Swell Guy Joined: Posts: 156
    Posting for 4r5.

He changed his email to his gmail account and hasn't received a confirmation email for his account.
    "You can't be Justin Wong; Justin Wong is black."
    -Steve "Angry Black" Harrison
  • 4r54r5 FIGHTAN VIDYA GAEMS Joined: Posts: 2,579
    i'm an idiot, they were just in my spam folder, and i just found out i had a spam folder
    PSN: fourer5 // XBL: fourerfive
    www.youtube.com/user/fourerfive
  • radicaledward101radicaledward101 . Joined: Posts: 805
    In order to see if I could fix my name wrapping onto a second line, I decided to make my custom title as long as possible (50 characters). It did something weird to the interface you get if you click on your username at the top of a forum page.

This is my interface with the custom title:
    mistake.png

I will be simply changing the custom title to something else, but I still thought the text overlap should be noted.

P.S. Scaling down the text size for names longer than 15 characters would fix the text wrapping problem >_>
    -MBAA - Seifuku Akiha (I only play casuals now. No one wants to play...)
    -VS - Demitri (According to Twitter I'm the worst Demitri ever! [My Biggest FGC Accomplishment])
    -VF - Kage
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,003 mod
    all SRK links are broken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-(
    New format means, new links.

If you want to help, do like what I'm doing in Tech Talk and getting everyone to compile the new links for all the old threads that mattered.
  • BMsirhc1313BMsirhc1313 I'm 0ld Joined: Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    looks great. But is the live stream section removed or am i blind?
  • CainMarkoCainMarko The Ubiquitous Mr Lovegrove Joined: Posts: 43
    Looks good in Dark Mode. I'll just need to get used to the pop up bubbles.
    Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist. Keep loving. Keep fighting.
  • smooth assassinsmooth assassin Exellence in a Jar! Joined: Posts: 2,008
    yo i use to have my forum layout to show the new posts first and now i cant seem to find a setting for that and its really pissing me off. Where is it? if its not in there put it in mofos.
    Hello my name is Edgar and im a marvelholic.
    Casual Cartel - "We aren't random, We Improvise!"
    Playing Mvc3 online is like trying to jack off with your left hand. In your head you know what you want to do but it never comes out like you want it to and you feel like you've just been molested.
  • ElvenShadowElvenShadow Bozac Joined: Posts: 1,147
    Is there any way to hide all avatars from being displayed like you can with sigs?
    - The guy called "Bozac" against his will :P

member of team Chicago!

my Japan blog: http://elvenshadowblog.blogspot.com/
  • Missing PersonMissing Person Quickly becoming the Sailor Moon S guy. Joined: Posts: 13,852
    VB allowed you to adjust thread replies per page from the default 20. Can you bring that feature back? I used to have my replies set to 50-- 20 is way too short for my taste.

It needs some tweaking ( a lot of tweaking) but it's a really nice layout. Pages load incredibly fast.

I think the default was 25, and I actually preferred that vs. this now default 20.

I would IDEALLY like 40, since that's what I'm used to on other forums.
    XBL: WatCnBrwnDo4U | PSN: LanierIsPlusEV/FORpowerfulGame | CFN: MissingPerson/YddeDdeDe GGPO/FightCade: Missing Person | Steam: [TAS] Missing Person | Battle.net: MissingPersn#1365
    Twitter: JTMMissingPersn | Instagram: jtmmissingperson | Twitch: twitch.tv/missingpersonsrk
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    The ability to edit thread titles seems to be gone.
    This is pretty important imo.

Also, are link names permanent? Is there no way for old links to redirect to new ones? I'd prefer to not update my long list of bookmarks (and other megathread creators will have to fix every single one of their links as well).

Also, multi-quote only works on a per-page basis. Trying to quote the last post on one page and the first post on the next is impossible if you don't do it manually.
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,097
    I turned off rich text input in settings (rich text mode does something weird whenever I post a link or quote on another site, like add the text color, font,and HTML hyperlink codes) . Now in regular input mode, whenever I type a message,the window is white text and white background. This only happens in the SRK Dark skin-- in the Light skin it's the same light background but black tezt. Pls fix.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 6,398
    For some reason, if a thread contains a YouTube vid, it only loads the content until the vid. The page looks like it's completely loaded though. Sometimes it loads properly if I keep hitting refresh.

eg. http://i.imgur.com/lZ8A2.png

There are actually quite a few posts after that on that page but that's the only one that loads for me. Notice how it says "1 more message" at the end of the post.

This is Firefox 4. Seems to work fine in IE.
  • RisingChurchRisingChurch Bass Bass Wub Wub Wub Joined: Posts: 456
    While the main search input works, "Search This Forum" doesn't work at all for me, also the ability to search a thread is completely gone, and I feel that it's a very important feature. Another thing with the search is you can't search for Dee Jay because both strings are too short, and adding quotes to it doesn't work. And for example if you search 'Dee Jay Matchup', as of now the first result is a thread about the Taskmaster matchup and team building. This will of course apply to anyone with a 3 letter name like Ryu, Ken, Yun, etc.

This isn't as important but I hope there will be more styles to choose from because aspects of the current ones really bug me like the lack of borders, makes things feel unstructured to me, all floaty. I don't know if that's supposed to make it feel more like twitter or facebook or whatever, but it isn't very forum like.
  • HFXHFX SMYA Joined: Posts: 4,747
    even after i unchecked the box under settings > preferences "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...and receive email notifications of replies", I still be getting emails when someone replieed to my watched threads.... How do I make that stop?
    Malaysia / Kuching FGC | Twitter @ abelity_ | Facebook @ facebook.com/showmeyourabelity | Youtube @ youtube.com/c/ShowMeYourAbelity
  • PhreakazoidPhreakazoid Turkey Legs Incoming! Joined: Posts: 3,477
    The ability to edit thread titles plzkthx

Also, can we expect the 5 image limit to be lifted at all? it's really something that hurts areas that have FAQs and tutorials.
    Cerberus, easy dual mod for your TE ->www.phreakmods.com/products/cerberus
    Link JLF Detachable Joystick Shaft! -> www.PhreakMods.com/products/the-link
    Available @ FocusAttack.com -> http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-link/
    Available @ JasensCustoms.com -> https://www.jasenscustoms.com/PhreakMods-The-Link.html
    Available @ ParadiseAracadeShop.com -> http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/fgc-featured/1124-the-link-jlf.html
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    If you are a mod click edit to change the title of the thread. Don't be inside the thread you have to be looking at it as if your about to click it to get into it.

-In the Southwest section the DTX (dallas, fort worth) thread says its moderated and is a little bit greyed out. I tried changing the thread to visible to get their thread back up but an error pops up telling me it's a javascript error.

-It seems the option to hit enter multiple times to create more space between lines or whatever is limited to one. I'm gonna hit enter 5 times after this and put my normal sign off and it should only pop up in the post as just 1 line of space.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • Axl_m4sterAxl_m4ster This is how I look like, don't make fun Joined: Posts: 2,423
    1)how are we to know who has positive or negative feedback in the Trading Outlet subforums?

2)PROBLEM:for some reason, in all the avatar boxes (including my own and i'm using srk dark) the very bottom of everyone's avatar box there's is a white line going across that is cutting off everyone's Custom Title statements.

how do i fix this?
    what is the SOLUTION?

*when i was using srk light, there was a black line going across everyone's avatar box covering up not only everyone's Custom Title, but everyone's Username as well.
    then i switched to dark, now can see everyone's username, but now the strip is white and cutting off everyone's custom title in half!?!?
    LOGIC AND REASON ARE OVERRATED VIRTUES.
  • kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654
    even after i unchecked the box under settings > preferences "Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...and receive email notifications of replies", I still be getting emails when someone replieed to my watched threads.... How do I make that stop?
    You probably need to unwatch and re-watch every thread you've posted in since the forum moved to xenforo.
    紅赤朱
  • networkingyuppynetworkingyuppy RandoMadness. Joined: Posts: 2,322 mod
    Is there any way to lock the threads? I don't see the option in the thread tools.
    Team Spooky | Battle Circuits | Next Level
    GamePAD Inc. | CTF | Support a local game store today!
    Timtiktok. Mole Man City, even the Turtles can't even find you. Fen.
    facebook.com/networkingyuppy
    Twitter: @networkingyuppy
    Is there any way to lock the threads? I don't see the option in the thread tools.
    You can lock a thread in the full reply form. Click more options on the quick. reply form.

I stream tournaments on the east coast! If you want me to stream your tournament, let me know!
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    For some reason, if a thread contains a YouTube vid, it only loads the content until the vid. The page looks like it's completely loaded though. Sometimes it loads properly if I keep hitting refresh.
    Quoting because I came here to report this.

Let me add that this doesn't seem to be the case for every thread. There are threads with youtube embeds that function perfectly fine.

New problem. Editing a post to add insert links using the Rich Text Editor doesn't display results properly. For example, type a word and highlight it then insert your link. The word stays black, not indicating that what you did is functional. It should turn blue to display that is is a link.

OK, scratch that. I went back to my example thread and it's broken now.
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 4,396
    i dont see a colorchange or any other indicator when a new post was made in a topic, while browsing the forum.
    我道
  • toloretolore Joined: Posts: 1,700

eg. http://i.imgur.com/lZ8A2.png

There are actually quite a few posts after that on that page but that's the only one that loads for me. Notice how it says "1 more message" at the end of the post.

This is Firefox 4. Seems to work fine in IE.

quoted for importance.
  • pootnanniespootnannies mr. negative Joined: Posts: 3,157
    This feature will be coming next week to XenForo.
    thank goodness. i noticed today that some of the douches that are on my ignore list posts were displayed and i freaked out.

also, time stamps do not appear if the poster embedded a youtube video. using the latest firefox.

“... keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.”

psn: pootnannies
    ggpo: whodat?
    CFN: JawnPolygon
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,135 admin
    making something browser compatible is xenforo's issue, not SRK's
    Shoryuken.com
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    Well can you at least disable image and youtube embeds on the majority of the boards like you did on the old software?

By the way, the embed thing seems to be a NoScript issue. Forbidding Shoryuken.com or Youtube.com will display the pages normally.
  • ploftkaploftploftkaploft Joined: Posts: 723
    When I click "log in to reply" on any of the front page articles, I'm taken back to the front page, instead of the login screen.
  • NakiNaki 「謎のバイカー」 Joined: Posts: 448
    any animated gif i upload doesn't work
    it just becomes a still
    like this post if you want cfe released on psn/xbla
    cvs2 too
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,003 mod
    any animated gif i upload doesn't work
    it just becomes a still
    Needs to be less then 192x192 and 51.2kb in size for non prem (90kb for prem).
  • NakiNaki 「謎のバイカー」 Joined: Posts: 448
    Needs to be less then 192x192 and 51.2kb in size for non prem (90kb for prem).
    your help is very much appreciated
    this is a dream come true
    like this post if you want cfe released on psn/xbla
    cvs2 too
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,611 mod
    Is it me or does logging in take 4 to 5 times before I actually log in?
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
  • miniiminii Mundo posts where he pleases! Joined: Posts: 568
    I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if this has already been posted but I noticed today there's a bug where a thread will only load a few posts on a page instead of all of them. I've had it happen a few times so far in different threads. You have to go to a different page and then go back to make it load properly, simply refreshing will not fix the issue.
  • bmckaybmckay Sword/Triplets/Dog/Raoh Joined: Posts: 3,402
    Just another vote for the post font change.

Part of the reason that I mention this is because it's disjointed. It's a major disconnect when most of the forum uses one font style, and another section uses a different one.
    "...and everything I say comes natural, and it's a thing of beauty like a Alicia Keys' face"
    -Robert Leroy Parker, 1902
  • KashkabaldKashkabald a2 tem mais nível Joined: Posts: 37
    Either search is broken or some good topics were purged, namely in Tech Talk. The topic I was looking for in question was the Datel Arcade Pro topic. Google finds the old link for it, but I can't find the thread using the forum search.
    Either search is broken or some good topics were purged, namely in Tech Talk. The topic I was looking for in question was the Datel Arcade Pro topic. Google finds the old link for it, but I can't find the thread using the forum search.
    SEARCH INDEX has not been rebuilt yet. MrWiz is making sure the import is complete before running the rebuild. It will take several days to rebuild and it would suck for him to have to do it twice.

• kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654
    Please get the posts per page back to 25 or 40. 60 is far too much for comfortable viewing.
    紅赤朱