Official Problem and Solution Thread

Comments

• KashkabaldKashkabald a2 tem mais nível Joined: Posts: 37
    I see, thanks!
  • ExvarisExvaris Arcade ∞ Joined: Posts: 2,879
    Please get the posts per page back to 25 or 40. 60 is far too much for comfortable viewing.
    I think it would be more effective to allow us to pick how many replies per page we want to see.
    «勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。»
    "Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    ---
  • kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654
    I think it would be more effective to allow us to pick how many replies per page we want to see.
    I agree with you, but it doesn't seem Xenforo has that option...
    紅赤朱
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Mr. Wizard has changed it to 60 at the request of people and now they want it to go back down? There needs to be a poll so that people won't complain about it every five minutes. If 60 is too much and 25 is too little... 40 posts per page?
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,135 admin
    i like that idea, 40 it is!
    Shoryuken.com
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Thanks for dealing with all the issues Mr. Wizard.
  • KowtowRobinsonKowtowRobinson TEBOW! TEBOW! TEBOW! Joined: Posts: 6,438
    Is there no longer a way to block/ignore users?

Same question I had, but I heard this was coming in a later version of the forum code. Is this true?

EDIT: nevermind Jaxel already covered that. Hurry up with that shit, I've got a loose end I need to tie up in my local thread.
  • Dr. WilhelmDr. Wilhelm Most call me Doc. Joined: Posts: 1,022
    I guess this would be the right place to ask but I tried to upload a new avatar that's only 46.7kn in size but I'm told it's too large. Anybody else experiencing this?
  • JaxelJaxel Community Builder Joined: Posts: 568
    I guess this would be the right place to ask but I tried to upload a new avatar that's only 46.7kn in size but I'm told it's too large. Anybody else experiencing this?
    46.7kb is not the same as 46.7Kb...
    Visit a BETTER Soulcalibur Community: http://www.8wayrun.com/

I stream tournaments on the east coast! If you want me to stream your tournament, let me know!
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    I know I posted this but I've gotten more questions about one of the threads that is messed up in the southwest section.

The thread titled DTX Thread - Version 5.1 is currently not able to be viewed by anyone not a mod of that section and I'm assuming the moderaters and admins of the whole site. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?forums/southwest.118/ scroll down it's towards the middle and it's the only thread with a little red shield with a white x on it. The players of that area created a new thread since the old one disappeared on them and I was asked if it was possible that I can get it back up for them even if it were to remain locked. They just want to at least view it.

It's stuck on a setting called moderated and if you go in the thread you see at the top "Awaiting moderation before being displayed publicly" If you try to change it to visible (I'm assuming this will make it open to the public again) a red javascript error pops up. Is there another way to go about changing the status or can one of you guys open it back up for me? Thanks in advance.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • crapfacecrapface Joined: Posts: 605
    How do I disable avatars? I don't see the option for that anymore in preferences.
  • ElvenShadowElvenShadow Bozac Joined: Posts: 1,147
    How do I disable avatars? I don't see the option for that anymore in preferences.

yea I already asked this twice but no one seems to know.
    - The guy called "Bozac" against his will :P

member of team Chicago!

my Japan blog: http://elvenshadowblog.blogspot.com/
  • CyricCyric Karma Kramer? Joined: Posts: 32
    How come my avatar is visable in the regular forums but not when I post in the front page articles?
    Judging by the lack of visable avatars there, I'd guess this is affecting a lot of people.
    Cant wait for Saints Row 3, Soul Calibur 5 and Gears 3.
  • No LimitzNo Limitz EXTENDED REALITY Joined: Posts: 850
    I have this really annoying problem when viewing a thread which has an embedded youtube video on the top post.
    Pretty much I can only see the first post and none of the following posts for that whole page.
    Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Just saw the previous posts, glad to know i'm not crazy.
    EDIT#2: To the people having my issues, do you have some form of ad/script blocker running in your browser?
    4jbo.png01rj.png0sh8.png
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,996 mod
    I know I posted this but I've gotten more questions about one of the threads that is messed up in the southwest section.

The thread titled DTX Thread - Version 5.1 is currently not able to be viewed by anyone not a mod of that section and I'm assuming the moderaters and admins of the whole site. http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?forums/southwest.118/ scroll down it's towards the middle and it's the only thread with a little red shield with a white x on it. The players of that area created a new thread since the old one disappeared on them and I was asked if it was possible that I can get it back up for them even if it were to remain locked. They just want to at least view it.

It's stuck on a setting called moderated and if you go in the thread you see at the top "Awaiting moderation before being displayed publicly" If you try to change it to visible (I'm assuming this will make it open to the public again) a red javascript error pops up. Is there another way to go about changing the status or can one of you guys open it back up for me? Thanks in advance.

-DJ-
    Contact the mods for that forum section and ask them to take it out of moderated status.
    its broken, make a new thread.
    Shoryuken.com
    Just noticed that links to other pages within SRK don't open in a new window/tab anymore. While I'm not sure if this was a requested change, it sure makes navigating around the Tech Talk tutorials/info list thread so much easier. Thanks.
  • del1riumdel1rium Hype Junkie Joined: Posts: 1,802
    Middle-click the link. Personally I hate it when a site decides for me that I should have a link in a new window/tab ... bad design.
    East Coast Throwdown 5 Photos
    More tournament photography: rmpaul.com
    Middle-click the link. Personally I hate it when a site decides for me that I should have a link in a new window/tab ... bad design.
    Nah, I actually like that it opens SRK links in the same window, since it makes browsing through the thread I posted less messy (pretty sure this applies to the many match-up threads in SFIV/MvC3/MK9 etc. as well) since clicking on the navigation links simply bring you to the correct post (and don't open the same page on a different window/tab).

That said, ideally, the forum should let the thread creator choose how the link is opened. However, the only site I know that does that is Unity and wahtever forum software One-Site runs for them.
  • hapibanana21hapibanana21 Joined: Posts: 10
    why are the arrows gone in the combo thread? look
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/wesker-combo-thread.128815/
  • hapibanana21hapibanana21 Joined: Posts: 10
    ^alright sir. thanks!
  • del1riumdel1rium Hype Junkie Joined: Posts: 1,802
    Just noticed that links to other pages within SRK don't open in a new window/tab anymore. While I'm not sure if this was a requested change, it sure makes navigating around the Tech Talk tutorials/info list thread so much easier. Thanks.

Just realized I completely misread this. :S Disregard my prior comments.
    East Coast Throwdown 5 Photos
    More tournament photography: rmpaul.com
  • Mr. FlowersMr. Flowers Omega Male Joined: Posts: 2,089 mod
    I can't see the moderator forum. Is ther any kind of disciplinary system on this new forum? Warnings,
    infractions, bans? All I can do now is close threads and delete posts.
    Bring back Sakura.
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078
    What he said below.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
    I can't see the moderator forum. Is ther any kind of disciplinary system on this new forum? Warnings,

will be implemented this week.
    Shoryuken.com
  • KarsticlesKarsticles Greetings. Joined: Posts: 2,700
    Whole sections of the Dormammu thread have completely disappeared:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-dormammu-thread.125050/

Notably, in the Basics section, all of my headers are gone for each attack before the spoilers...

Also, the text for all of my videos has been changed to a [ MEDIA], which biffed up the formatting; do I simply have to go through and change every single link back to a [ URL] like I had it before?

At least [ SPOILERS] is back.
    "Karst" for short.
    My YouTube Channel, Dedicated to Fighting Games:
    My YouTube Channel, Dedicated to Fighting Games:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8XyfyFtAkiWPRuW6mHB9sQ

My Ultimate Dormammu Guide: http://tinyurl.com/6mr4lhv
    My UMvC3 Team Building Guide: http://tinyurl.com/8x865ra
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    Contact the mods for that forum section and ask them to take it out of moderated status.
    I am a mod for that section.
    its broken, make a new thread.
    That sucks. I already passed word to the DFW players that nothing more can be done. They have already created a new thread.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • NocturnalNocturnal SNK Supporter Joined: Posts: 2,977 mod
    It seems I can't mod the KOF section anymore. I already sent a PM on this issue but wasn't sure if it was just me having this problem.
    youtube channel = jaimedl
    twitch channel = jaimedl
    twitter = NocturnalSRK
    I am a mod for that section.
    That's weird, I was able to "unmoderate" a thread in Tech Talk because some folks weren't able to see it.
    Yeah, been meaning to ask about this myself. Though I just assumed that those features haven't been implemented yet.
    Just encountered this while trying to go to the main forum page on Chrome.
    Fatal error: Class 'EWRcustom_Model_PageContainer' not found in/home/shoryu/public_html/forum/library/EWRcustom/Listener/Template.php on line 36
    Just encountered this while trying to go to the main forum page on Chrome.
    I was uploading the file... so there was a temporary moment where the file did not exist as it was getting replaced by a new version.

EWR = 8WayRun (functions cant start with a number)

I stream tournaments on the east coast! If you want me to stream your tournament, let me know!
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,097
    So what is the relationship with 8WR and SRK now? Is it a just a partnership or is it something more?
    So what is the relationship with 8WR and SRK now? Is it a just a partnership or is it something more?
    No relation... I'm just helping out. I write a LOT of mods for XenForo (the software SRK is now running), as you can see on 8WR.

The Portal, Events, Media, Wiki (yes, I even wrote my own wiki suite) and Chat sections of 8WR were all written by me.

• kingofkodkingofkod Da Patster's Disciple Joined: Posts: 5,643
    I keep getting an "error in the java script console" when trying to post and I have to delete my temporary internet folder to be able to post again. Happens everytime i leave the site and come back. Happens in chrome and ie8.
    amano jakyu (3:15:13 AM): what exactly is "the chewin"?
    Kingofkod (3:15:17 AM): ......
  • TaitoTaito Great Thing Joined: Posts: 7,097
    No relation... I'm just helping out. I write a LOT of mods for XenForo (the software SRK is now running), as you can see on 8WR.

The Portal, Events, Media, Wiki (yes, I even wrote my own wiki suite) and Chat sections of 8WR were all written by me.
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Please do something about giving users access to posts per page setting.
  • ZembarZembar Joined: Posts: 15
    For some reason, if a thread contains a YouTube vid, it only loads the content until the vid. The page looks like it's completely loaded though. Sometimes it loads properly if I keep hitting refresh.

eg. http://i.imgur.com/lZ8A2.png

There are actually quite a few posts after that on that page but that's the only one that loads for me. Notice how it says "1 more message" at the end of the post.

This is Firefox 4. Seems to work fine in IE.

Have this issue myself, seems to be linked to something with NoScript add-on in Firefox 4 for me. Disabling it(or "enabling scripts globally") and things worked. Odd thing was I enabled all blocked scripts that showed up in the drop down menu of NoScript, and that did not fix the issue.
  • PumpkinBomberPumpkinBomber Troll Hawk Joined: Posts: 3,681
    I keep getting an "error in the java script console" when trying to post and I have to delete my temporary internet folder to be able to post again. Happens everytime i leave the site and come back. Happens in chrome and ie8.

I also get this. And many others are getting it as well.

Edit: this is the error if I turn off Javascript.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 79 bytes) in /home/shoryu/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
    "I'm all in." - Phil Ivey
  • TiggyTiggy j.B loop > Skittles Joined: Posts: 2,060
    How would I go about getting rid of email notifications for watched threads? I've searched through all the options but I couldn't find anything that actually turned the email notifications off. The only thing I can thing of right now that would work is unwatching the thread, but I would still like to be subscribed to the thread. I'm fine with alerts on SRK, but I'm not ok with having an email notification every single time someone replies to a thread
    Kludge: i don't think it's fair to compare professionnal fighting games to doujins like sfxt

<BiGgOvDoInThAnGs> thats the goal of ah3
    <BiGgOvDoInThAnGs> stay out of jail long enough to be the best
    How would I go about getting rid of email notifications for watched threads? I've searched through all the options but I couldn't find anything that actually turned the email notifications off. The only thing I can thing of right now that would work is unwatching the thread, but I would still like to be subscribed to the thread. I'm fine with alerts on SRK, but I'm not ok with having an email notification every single time someone replies to a thread
    Click on the "watch thread" link on the thread itself and change it there.