Official Problem and Solution Thread

Comments

• HisNameIsLHisNameIsL Your best friend Joined: Posts: 518
    I'm having some pretty serious problems with the forum, specifically on Safari on OSX. First of all, almost all of the hyperlinks I click on the forum to get to a specific thread will FREEZE my browser, forcing me to lose everything open, force quit and restart. Secondly, some threads are being threaded horribly wrong. Here is an example:

15btqa.png
  • Mr.NannieMr.Nannie Friends with Kl'rt Joined: Posts: 1,690
    Does anyone have any insight into the BBCode (or whatev its called) issue.
    Im wondering if the old system will be re-integrated or if we are to re-write our combo threads in keypad format.

Anyone have the inside track on this?
    AV by Savaii64
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    When is tapatalk going to work again? Its totally messed up

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,974
    Does anyone have any insight into the BBCode (or whatev its called) issue.
    Im wondering if the old system will be re-integrated or if we are to re-write our combo threads in keypad format.

Anyone have the inside track on this?
    An easy solution right now is to upload the images to photobucket or something and use those to replace your icons (temporarily). For a (rough) example: Here's something I did in MS Paint in like 5 seconds.
    right.gif
  • Mr.NannieMr.Nannie Friends with Kl'rt Joined: Posts: 1,690
    rite on thanks man.
    Im gonna wait till I get some official word. Chances are its implementation is just pending.

But worse comes to worse Ill just use keypad format. but I hate it.
    And I hope its re-instated too, because I dont trust most ppl to go back and re-write entire Combo Threads
    AV by Savaii64
  • zUkUuzUkUu Theory Pro Joined: Posts: 4,396
    again, I don't see ANY indicator when a new post was made. And it isn't fun to compare the dates of every single post. If this doesn't get fixed I'm off forever.
    IE 9. Win 7 64 bit.
    我道
    Ummm I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but look on the right. There's a "New" flag in Grey. See it?
    i don't see anything that's supposed to be "new" you mentioned. I just want a ridiculous EASY thing like in the old board where the topic title was simply bolded when a new post since my last return was made. as simple as that >_>
    我道
    i don't see anything that's supposed to be "new" you mentioned. I just want a ridiculous EASY thing like in the old board where the topic title was simply bolded when a new post since my last return was made. as simple as that >_>
    I'll give you two examples:
    1) Two threads, one of which I've read before and one of which has new posts. Notice one is bolded and one isn't.
    srkex1.jpg
    2) Your reply after mine. Notice the Grey "New" flag right beside your post?
    srkex2.jpg
    ah now i see the "new", but this isn't what I mean. That allready includes me checking every thread again for date. I mean in the overview. - this is a MUST HAVE!

I just noticed another problem. While I highlight the textbox and want to tab around with ctrl + 1,2,3 etc it changes the font instead of lettin me switch.

ty for your effort nonetheless.
    我道
    That first example I gave you isn't what you mean?
    lol yes it is. I simply overlooked it. And THAT is exactly what is missing.
    我道
    i was also able to pin down the problem. in fact, i HAVE that feature aswell, but due to my zooming of my browser it's VERY HARD distinguish. so my argument is still valid. CHANGE that to a degree where it's easy to differ. My suggestion: colorchange from dark to greay/silver or blue or something.

example: http://www.abload.de/img/nanda6fn7.jpg

guess which post was seen >_>
    我道
  • P. GorathP. Gorath @ButtonMashLA Joined: Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    lol yes it is. I simply overlooked it. And THAT is exactly what is missing.
    How is it missing if it's there?

Sounds like you should say goodbye to 1998 and ditch IE
    that was directed at his screenshot number 1.

JFI, it's the same problem on morzilla aswell. So stop being a dickhead. also, IE 9 > FF all day long. FF was lazy and IE just went steps ahead.
    我道
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,996 mod
    Mod issue, the text on the page to issue infractions is set to black, meaning it's nigh impossible to read it while in the SRK Black theme.
    http://i.imgur.com/f0xRX.jpg
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Jo Mama Joined: Posts: 8,963
    is gravatar not working yet or is it just me?
  • kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654
    is gravatar not working yet or is it just me?
    Gravatar is working for me.
    紅赤朱
  • TNBTNB Bye. Joined: Posts: 1,180
    so um, how do you delete threads on this new forum layout? I have some old threads I need to clean up.
    Skills and attitude prove worth as a player, not the internet.
  • kingofkodkingofkod Da Patster's Disciple Joined: Posts: 5,643

It may only be on my iPhone. But each post cascades farther and farther to the right until each line has only 1 letter on it like Cities' is doing. So it's unreadable. And I'm guessing it's the reason most pages won't load. Whatever. If someone could post this in the new site problems area. I would appreciate it. Since I can't seem to load it.
    A friend of mine wanted me to post this here. He's having a lot of trouble posting.
    amano jakyu (3:15:13 AM): what exactly is "the chewin"?
    Kingofkod (3:15:17 AM): ......
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    There are two "View Results" buttons on polls. The middle one does nothing while the rightmost works perfectly fine. The former has a better button graphic though.

http://i.imgur.com/QsrgC.jpg

Also the Regional Matchmaking and Media Outlet forum link text color is black when using SRK Light. Should be blue like the rest I assume.
    Help:
    The issue of the white box with white text in the dark theme when clicking the reply box still persists:
    whiteonwhite.th.jpg
    紅赤朱
  • BartStationBartStation Only 1 shade of Grey. Joined: Posts: 2,264
    The coding from the TO was not carried over. It seems that people who do not reach the requirement are able to post. Now people are making transactions and not following the rules.
    Wu-Tang taught me 3 things: protect my neck, watch my step, and they ain't nothing to F with.
    SRKSale / TWITCH
  • AvariceXAvariceX Joined: Posts: 2,621
    Any time a video is embedded on a thread page I can't see any of the posts on that page below the video...it's like the thread just ends with that post, even when new posts are actively being added to the thread. Is this happening to anyone else? I still see all of the forum tools at the bottom of the page, just none of the posts that should be between those tools and the video embed.

Firefox 4.0.1 btw

edit1: Not sure if anything was done in the 29 minutes since this was posted, but it seems to be fixed now...

edit2: Never mind, it's back again...the hell?
    UMvC3: Zero/Dante/Strider | MvC2: MSP
    SFIV: Juri | 3S: Yun | ST: O.Ryu
    BB: Rachel, Makoto, u-12 | GGXrd: I-No
  • mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    Avarice, it's a NoScript issue. Forbid shoryuken.com and things will work find. You'll have to allows videos on a case by case basis though. Also the news scroll and whether or not a stream is live will not work on the front page.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,996 mod
    The issue of the white box with white text in the dark theme when clicking the reply box still persists:
    whiteonwhite.th.jpg
    Help:
    Yes please, this is quite annoying, especially since it also affects the other dialogue boxes (insert URL, insert Image, etc.).
  • Onizuka1Onizuka1 THE TAR PIT CLUB Joined: Posts: 136
    1.The ComplexMediaNetwork links to shoryuken.com/forum/ for me in Chrome and to shoryuken.com for me in Opera

2. Threads with (I'm assuming) embedded videos, such as http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/laurens-birthday-party-the-c-viper-video-thread.130705/ . Come up as blank

3. Our forum avatar doesn't carry over to posting replies on the front page, is there somewhere else we have to upload an image to for that?

Thanks
    Crash! Into the rolling morning~ Flash! I'm in the coolest driver's high~
  • RoTeNdORoTeNdO The 'Hardcore Gamer' Joined: Posts: 4,516
    Cannot select [] Create Events Thread without getting Error message. Not selecting it will create your event, but will not allow you to go back and edit to select that option.

-Rotendo
    ===The few, the proud, the Marines!===
    *EVO Judge 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Central Texas Brawl Tournament Director
  • Jae The OneJae The One Resolution Joined: Posts: 1,338
    When i try to post a comment on a front page article it asks me to login to post comment even though i already am. then once i click on login in it just takes me back to the front page.
    twitch.tv/noctisluna
  • JaxelJaxel Community Builder Joined: Posts: 568
    Cannot select [] Create Events Thread without getting Error message. Not selecting it will create your event, but will not allow you to go back and edit to select that option.

-Rotendo
    What error message?

If you're talking about the "Please enter a value of 100 characters or less" error, it means your thread title is too long! I have just added some error checking about 5 minutes ago so the event wont be created if the title is too long. The title INCLUDES the event date and location.
    Visit a BETTER Soulcalibur Community: http://www.8wayrun.com/

I stream tournaments on the east coast! If you want me to stream your tournament, let me know!
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078
    Is that Recent activity box here to stay? Any chance it comes with a minimize option?
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • ExvarisExvaris Arcade ∞ Joined: Posts: 2,879
    Is that Recent activity box here to stay? Any chance it comes with a minimize option?
    I have the same concern.

It's kind of annoying and a bit of a space-hog, especially considering most of the topics in Recently Active probably aren't going to appeal to most users.
    «勝兵先勝而後求戰,敗兵先戰而後求勝。»
    "Victorious warriors win first, then go to war; defeated warriors go to war first, then seek to win."
    - Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    ---
  • kingofkodkingofkod Da Patster's Disciple Joined: Posts: 5,643
    I went about 3 days without getting the java script error but it seems to be randomly back again. Is there a fix for this? I'm using google chrome right now but it happens in IE8 as well.
    amano jakyu (3:15:13 AM): what exactly is "the chewin"?
    Kingofkod (3:15:17 AM): ......
  • RoTeNdORoTeNdO The 'Hardcore Gamer' Joined: Posts: 4,516
    What error message?

If you're talking about the "Please enter a value of 100 characters or less" error, it means your thread title is too long! I have just added some error checking about 5 minutes ago so the event wont be created if the title is too long. The title INCLUDES the event date and location.

I even tried a word or two in the text field, but will try again. Thanks.

-Rotendo
    ===The few, the proud, the Marines!===
    *EVO Judge 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
    Central Texas Brawl Tournament Director
  • Jae The OneJae The One Resolution Joined: Posts: 1,338
    getting multiple posts
    twitch.tv/noctisluna
  • JaxelJaxel Community Builder Joined: Posts: 568
    I even tried a word or two in the text field, but will try again. Thanks.

-Rotendo
    getting multiple posts
    Okay, I have changed the way event threads are created. Now the system will automatically truncate event titles BEFORE making threads.
    Visit a BETTER Soulcalibur Community: http://www.8wayrun.com/

I stream tournaments on the east coast! If you want me to stream your tournament, let me know!
  • ShariShari Overestimated. Joined: Posts: 2,626
    Disabling adblock solved the "youtube post dissapearance" bug for me.
    Haunts: Is it lag or just impeccable footsies and spacing, I don't know.
    MiloDC: I beat YuuVega -- yes, that YuuVega -- the first time I played Claw seriously in my entire life.
    Help:
    whiteonwhite.th.jpg

And, also, put the "recent news articles" and "recently active threads" only in the homepage, not on every page.
    紅赤朱
  • Jcool813Jcool813 twitch.tv/freej4y Joined: Posts: 3,180
    Many posts are not a available on tapatalk. The characters specific threads and some of the other regional threads. Using my browser to access SRK crashes my phone.

I'm using the Motorola Droid if that helps.
    Jcool: the most jaded DJ on SRK.
  • Seven215Seven215 Joined: Posts: 13
    character specific threads lock up (crashes) safari on my ipad. also.. character specific threads only load one topic in tapatalk. all this leads me to believe that there is a problem with sub forums.