Official Problem and Solution Thread

Comments

• Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem Team triple terror for MvCi Joined: Posts: 2,611 mod
    Whole sections of the Dormammu thread have completely disappeared:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-dormammu-thread.125050/

Notably, in the Basics section, all of my headers are gone for each attack before the spoilers...

Also, the text for all of my videos has been changed to a [ MEDIA], which biffed up the formatting; do I simply have to go through and change every single link back to a [ URL] like I had it before?

At least [ SPOILERS] is back.

Can any admin look into this? Karst has been running a gem of a character thread covering lots of things, it would be a real shame if things got lost.
    A lot of character threads have become cluttered due to the forum software change, can the old codes be reinplented?
    Or is it just a permanent change we have to live with?
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    XBL: DiekStiekemSRK
  • azprocazproc ^ loves dem Jingle Bells Joined: Posts: 2,782
    //noob question incoming.
    How do we nominate for front-page article? Use report?
    Sometimes I open SRK and am forced to say: notto disu shitto agen
    I actually don't play Marvel.
  • radicaledward101radicaledward101 . Joined: Posts: 805
    My understanding is that this system didn't even really work before the update. It was the empty shell of an idea that didn't work out.
    -MBAA - Seifuku Akiha (I only play casuals now. No one wants to play...)
    -VS - Demitri (According to Twitter I'm the worst Demitri ever! [My Biggest FGC Accomplishment])
    -VF - Kage
  • ValarisValaris keeping watch over SRK Joined: Posts: 13,078
    No don't. Report is for infractions and mod intervention.
    My understanding is that this system didn't even really work before the update. It was the empty shell of an idea that didn't work out.
    Actually as far as I know it worked quite well. People were just idiot about it, nominating good flame posts and stupid jokes instead of posts with good content.
    I slept with admins so I could get my join date changed. 
  • Pimp WillyPimp Willy "I guarantee we got a rat in the house!" Joined: Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    The flash ads embedded in the upper right can sometimes layer in front of the alerts box, so when I hover over the alerts it ends up underneath the ad. Doesn't happen with every ad but it seems theres a few that are forcing themselves to the top, so I'm not sure if theres actually a way to fix it on your end but it's annoying nontheless

Also I'd like to see the post count feature come back, if it's not available and somebody can point me in the direction of APIs or something for the new forum software I wouldn't mind helping out and creating one

e$ports
    FC: 0018-4935-1331
  • azprocazproc ^ loves dem Jingle Bells Joined: Posts: 2,782
    No don't. Report is for infractions and mod intervention.
    Cool, I haven't used it in this way, which is why I posted here to make sure.
    I can see why it didn't work out in the past due to idiots using it to nominate whatever may be the trash of the day.
    Sometimes I open SRK and am forced to say: notto disu shitto agen
    I actually don't play Marvel.
  • J.ScogzJ.Scogz Bye Joined: Posts: 2,378
    Anyway to not automatically go to the first unread post in the thread? In cases like the Trading outlet, one usually wants to go to the first post.
    It's been real.
  • MitMit Joined: Posts: 343
    I have never been able to post a comment on a front page article.

Enter in comment, hit submit, page refresh, nothing. Check a half hour later. Nothing.

What's the deal
  • KumaOsoKumaOso Trust Your Instincts Joined: Posts: 3,752
    For some reason, some threads indicate that new posts are in a thread, but I can't see these new posts, or mine for that matter, unless I look at the forum via Tapatalk which, by the way, won't let you view more than the last page of a thread even if you try to go to a previous page.

The only thing I can think of causing the invisible posts is that embedded Youtube videos do something to the display as I wanna say this is what all the threads that have this issue have in common.
    TTT2: Xiaoyu/Jaycee
    Virtua Fighter: Come On Eileen
    Avatar Art by Apofiss at DeviantArt.
  • BartStationBartStation Only 1 shade of Grey. Joined: Posts: 2,264
    Anyway to not automatically go to the first unread post in the thread? In cases like the Trading outlet, one usually wants to go to the first post.
    If you go under the main title there are numbers to the last page.
    Wu-Tang taught me 3 things: protect my neck, watch my step, and they ain't nothing to F with.
    SRKSale / TWITCH
    If you go under the main title there are numbers to the last page.
    That's nice... because 1 doesn't show up.
    It's been real.
  • NocturnalNocturnal SNK Supporter Joined: Posts: 2,977 mod
    So I'm having an issue now when trying to edit the first post of the Garou MOTW thread here:

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/get-ready-survive-the-new-garou-mark-of-the-wolves-thread.43248/

I just wanted to edit the smiles and add some new information but it's telling me I've reached the 20k character limit. I took a screen here:

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3545/srkerror.jpg

Does this mean I have to edit the post so it has the character limit now? I put a lot of work into the thread and it would be a shame to have to edit and lose information already posted. Any ideas would be great.
    youtube channel = jaimedl
    twitch channel = jaimedl
    twitter = NocturnalSRK
  • purbeastpurbeast Joined: Posts: 4,891
    so is there ever going to be a way to disable avatars like we previously could?

forum looks so sloppy with avatars showing on the main thread list and the threads themselves.
  • Enk!nduEnk!ndu Team Rox Showboat Joined: Posts: 207
    I am unable to post on the front page. It keeps telling me to "Log in to reply", and I have logged in and it still keeps telling me to log in. I have tried using IE9 and Firefox, both with the same results.
  • radicaledward101radicaledward101 . Joined: Posts: 805
    Actually as far as I know it worked quite well. People were just idiot about it, nominating good flame posts and stupid jokes instead of posts with good content.
    Yeah. So the project was abandoned, and it didn't work.

I didn't mean that it was a failure from a technical standpoint, but it was definitely a failure at the level where we were supposed to participate.
    -MBAA - Seifuku Akiha (I only play casuals now. No one wants to play...)
    -VS - Demitri (According to Twitter I'm the worst Demitri ever! [My Biggest FGC Accomplishment])
    -VF - Kage
  • str[e]akstr[e]ak Friendly Neighborhood Sneaker Ninja Joined: Posts: 2,885
    I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but when you change the title of a thread, I think the links to individual posts also change. Consequently, once you change the title, the old links to individual posts just stop working, and the links just take you straight to the first page of the thread. I can see this being a huge problem for match up threads. Is there a way to fix this inconvenience?
    I enter tournaments as Real Life Bonus Stage:
    Twitter: @eddyRLBS
    YouTube: akaRLBS
    Twitch: sneakerninja

• d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,003 mod
    I'm not sure if anyone has reported this yet, but when you change the title of a thread, I think the links to individual posts also change. Consequently, once you change the title, the old links to individual posts just stop working, and the links just take you straight to the first page of the thread. I can see this being a huge problem for match up threads. Is there a way to fix this inconvenience?
    It seems like that's how Xenforo works.

EDIT:
    Tested it. Even when you rename the thread, the old link works. It just redirects you to the new link.
  • HisNameIsLHisNameIsL Your best friend Joined: Posts: 518
    So... is the incompatibility with all things Apple being looked into?
  • PumpkinBomberPumpkinBomber Troll Hawk Joined: Posts: 3,681
    Please increase the php memory allocation. The current 67MB is not enough and causes relentless javascript errors when trying to post in longer threads as it trys to allocate resources for the new posts. Try 256MB. Thanks.

See this thread for more info:
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/java-script-error.137988/
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." - George Carlin
    "I'm all in." - Phil Ivey
    Noticed a sort of double post glitch. There are times when, after posting, the new post doesn't load, making me think that I didn't click on "Post Reply." When I click on it again, 2 new posts come up.
    I have a question: Why is it that some posts become completely unavailable? Meaning, I see maybe half the posts on a page, then see nothing until a new page appears? I still can't go back and see the last xx amount of posts either. They just disappear.
    It's been real.
  • EinlanzerEinlanzer never feeling good Joined: Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    there's probably nothing you can do about that civic ad going around right now, but that popout ad is annoying as hell.
    "I dont always play fighting games,
    But when I do, I lose to II PiGG II "
  • J FloJ Flo DAT NAWLIDJE Joined: Posts: 301
    there's probably nothing you can do about that civic ad going around right now, but that popout ad is annoying as hell.

Not only is it annoying as hell, but for me, it blocks my alerts drop-down box on the upper right, so I can't even see my alerts because of it. On my home computer this happens to me both in Chrome and Firefox.

EDIT: nvm...looks like somebody already made a thread about this problem
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    Not only is it annoying as hell, but for me, it blocks my alerts drop-down box on the upper right, so I can't even see my alerts because of it. On my home computer this happens to me both in Chrome and Firefox.

EDIT: nvm...looks like somebody already made a thread about this problem

Came in here to post this as well. I also see a thread made. It covers my user controls, alerts, and my inbox. I have 3 alerts I can't get to because the add covers the drop down box. I use Chrome and Firefox and it is on both.

EDIT:
    Did the font colors go away? I had a pretty big post that was color dependent on a few things. I edited this post a few minutes ago and when I saved the edit all the colors went away and everything is black font. I tried to reedit the post to get the colors back but the option to click font color is gone. Is this permanent? a glitch? The colors in my thread signify different things hence why this is important to me.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • NeedlecrashNeedlecrash Back to Basics. Joined: Posts: 2,030
    I am unable to post on the front page. It keeps telling me to "Log in to reply", and I have logged in and it still keeps telling me to log in. I have tried using IE9 and Firefox, both with the same results.

I too can not post on the front page. I am already logged into the site and I can't post at all. I select login to reply but and a refresh happens but I still can't post.
    The Gaming Confessions Blog
    Needlecrash's Youtube
    Working on leveling up. Follow me on Twitter @Needlecrash
  • DedemaruDedemaru Joined: Posts: 610
    Dumb Question:

I would like to change my avatar picture for comments on articles from the homepage. How do I do that? I changed my avatar for forum posts, obviously, but my comments on articles are still the default image. How can I change this?
  • kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654
    2 weeks later the black theme is still unusable for writing (white text on white background), but we have amazing new advertising, amazing new blocks on the top of the page that take half the screen with useless information, and the bar on the bottom getting higher with every update (new "beautiful" advertising of the cola).
    If your purpose is making the browsing of SRK more annoying every day you're doing it perfectly.
    紅赤朱
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,135 admin
    2 weeks later the black theme is still unusable for writing (white text on white background), but we have amazing new advertising, amazing new blocks on the top of the page that take half the screen with useless information, and the bar on the bottom getting higher with every update (new "beautiful" advertising of the cola).
    If your purpose is making the browsing of SRK more annoying every day you're doing it perfectly.

In IE, the background is black and the text is white. I dont know what you are talking about
    Shoryuken.com
  • TuthurTuthur LK LK LK into LK Joined: Posts: 9
    Dumb Question:

I would like to change my avatar picture for comments on articles from the homepage. How do I do that? I changed my avatar for forum posts, obviously, but my comments on articles are still the default image. How can I change this?

This.
  • kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 654
    In IE, the background is black and the text is white. I dont know what you are talking about
    Look in the previous pages. I brought the problem up multiple times. And another user confirmed it, so it's not like I'm dreaming it.
    Plus, lol IE.
    紅赤朱
  • shiryu22shiryu22 Romeo Joined: Posts: 2,821
    Before, spoilers within spoilers as in

(spoiler= ST Character Movelist)
    (spoiler=Ryu) Hadoken (/spoiler)
    (spoiler=Ken) Shoryuken (/spoiler)
    (/spoiler)

worked fine. As in, if you clicked the 1st spoiler, it would open up the rest of the text inside, but would not open up the subsequent (spoiler) posts. Now, however, clicking the main spoiler will open up all subsequent spoilers, and - even worse - clicking the subsequent spoiler sections will CLOSE the whole section and then you will be unable to open any subsequent spoiler section without essentially refreshing the whole page and having to look at ALL the text in EVERY spoiler tag within a main spoiler.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/june-10th-tapioca-express-ssfiv-ae-mvc3-tournament-in-elk-grove-ca.134187/

Check the previous results in the first post in the thread above to see what I'm talking about. Unspoil one of the games and try to reopen it.

Any way to make spoiler tags function the way they used to on vBulletin?
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Jo Mama Joined: Posts: 8,963
    is gravatar not working yet or is it just me?

I guess with Gravatar you can only use it if the image is rated G.
    Am I the only one not seeing the option for the smilies/emoticons in the quick reply box?
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    I don't see it either same goes for the color palette.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • ~rh~rh ice prince . Joined: Posts: 1,392
    I can't post in my regional thread. Koop recently made a new one for us a few weeks ago, but I haven't been online until recently to figure that out.

So when I try to post in this thread, the boards tell me that I need to be logged in to do that. The first time that this had happened, I simply thought that my log-in had expired (like it did sometimes on the old SRK when i forget to check 'keep me logged in') so I just logged in again and tried to post once more. Immediately I get the same message. I've tried at least 10 times. all in succession.

What's up with this one?

EDIT: It happened in this thread as well while I was typing that message, lol. But somehow I just refreshed and it went through. This is so strange.
  • HFXHFX SMYA Joined: Posts: 4,747
    hmm i just got myself logged out for no reason for about 4 times now, id logged in, and the next link i click, id already be logged out.... any ideas why thats happening?
    Malaysia / Kuching FGC | Twitter @ abelity_ | Facebook @ facebook.com/showmeyourabelity | Youtube @ youtube.com/c/ShowMeYourAbelity
  • MitMit Joined: Posts: 343
    Tried posting a comment on another front page article, this time in Chrome instead of Firefox. Still never showed up :\

Like, can you be banned from front page comments? Not that I can recall anything that would warrant a ban. Just started happening to me with the site revamp.
  • Onslaught2000Onslaught2000 WHEN'S MAHVEL.........2?! Joined: Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I'm also having issues posting. I get the message "you must be logged in to do this" even if I log right in I still get the message.
  • NeedlecrashNeedlecrash Back to Basics. Joined: Posts: 2,030
    I'm in the same boat as ~rh. I'm logged in and I can't seem to post with an error message telling me "you must be logged in to do that.". This happens when I post in my regional forum "The D.M.V" thread.
    The Gaming Confessions Blog
    Needlecrash's Youtube
    Working on leveling up. Follow me on Twitter @Needlecrash
  • KoopKoop SRK - D.M.V. OG™ (⌐■_■) Joined: Posts: 5,487 mod
    I'm also having issues posting. I get the message "you must be logged in to do this" even if I log right in I still get the message.
    I'm in the same boat as ~rh. I'm logged in and I can't seem to post with an error message telling me "you must be logged in to do that.". This happens when I post in my regional forum "The D.M.V" thread.

Um same here...
    Respected... simple as that.