Official Problem and Solution Thread

Comments

• NikashiNikashi Joined: Posts: 6
    I am getting a "The following error occurred
    The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console." message trying to post in the 604 thread.

The error itself is :

PHP <br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 84 bytes) in <b>/home/shoryu/public_html/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php</b> on line <b>304</b><br />

Unsafe JavaScript attempt to access frame with URL http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/604-bc-players-thread.9314/page-1036 from frame with URL http://cdn.complexmedianetwork.com/cdn/agenda.complex.com/assets/Q22011/drpepper/dpvideo.html. Domains, protocols and ports must match.
    Sorry just to clarify, using Chrome, and posting in the Canada/604 thread. Can post in this thread fine for some reason.
  • Syxx573Syxx573 Jo Mama Joined: Posts: 8,963
    Aren't people getting re-directed to the main page of the forums almost every time they click a link? And have pages not load on a regular basis? I can't possibly be the only person seeing as I've had the same issue on several different computers...
  • recon_zerorecon_zero Joined: Posts: 5
    When looking from google, says that the site cannot find the thread. It makes things very annoying sometimes. Something wrong on my end?
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,937
    Finally someone else who's having the same problem. I have never been able to post a comment on front page stories. The comment gets created (or the URL for it gets created anyways...), but it doesn't show. Ever.

Hopefully we can get some help on this now that the logout error or whatever is fixed :O

Well, my case has a twist. It sounds like the front page recognizes you when you're logged in. For me... I log in on the forums, go over to the front page, and get asked to log in when I want to comment. I have no idea why, but... that's what happens.
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
    Still getting the Javascript error today when trying to make any post in the 604 thread, exact same error as last night, cleared cache, and tried both Chrome and (ugh) IE. Worst part is that even if I get the error, it locks out posting anywhere else for the same 75 seconds.
  • jeffrey caldwelljeffrey caldwell Joined: Posts: 38
    is it just me or is the search broken? everytime i try to search it comes up with nothing and then i look like a noob cuz i cant find a thread lol...ive tried on multiple computers and nothing even for the simpliest searches like "mvc2 combos" or "rom infinite"...hell even "t5 hori" lol
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 35,129 mod
    Any chance we can get this thread renaming (for regular users) addon added sometime in the near future?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/lgbthreadrenamer.10958/

I believe 8WayRun is already running this.
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• JaxelJaxel Community Builder Joined: Posts: 568
    I believe 8WayRun is already running this.
    We do not. 8WayRun.Com does not run any mods not written by me. We've seen too many times with vB4 and vB3 where mods added to the forum just bring everything down with bad coding and memory issues. Therefore, if I need something, I write it myself.
    Visit a BETTER Soulcalibur Community: http://www.8wayrun.com/

I stream tournaments on the east coast! If you want me to stream your tournament, let me know!
  • Ken's eyebrowsKen's eyebrows Joined: Posts: 49
    Well, my case has a twist. It sounds like the front page recognizes you when you're logged in. For me... I log in on the forums, go over to the front page, and get asked to log in when I want to comment. I have no idea why, but... that's what happens.

I'm having the very same issue
    Gou*, *Ken. That's 6 eyebrows in total
    Noel. That's another 2. Plus a possible vertical. Pussibly.
    We do not. 8WayRun.Com does not run any mods not written by me. We've seen too many times with vB4 and vB3 where mods added to the forum just bring everything down with bad coding and memory issues. Therefore, if I need something, I write it myself.
    Hmm... do you have a "edit thread title" mod for 8WR that could possibly be applied here as well?
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

Everyone (should) be mindful that if there isn't a new generation after my generation, the FGC (fighting game community) will basically become extinct, so it's important to think about the future.
    -Daigo Umehara

• mIRCmIRC GOD OF SMPTE Joined: Posts: 7,445
    Since last night, I can't log out manually. This is what I get when I click it.

Shoryuken - Error
    Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.
  • KeepiTClassy909KeepiTClassy909 Joined: Posts: 15
    I cant post any of my pics on here HALP!!
    I cant post any of my pics on here HALP!!
    Where are you hosting your images? Are you sure you're using the direct links to the images to post them?
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• DedemaruDedemaru Joined: Posts: 610
    Put it on gravatar and it will show on the comments.

I signed up for Gravatar and set it up in SRK and it's still not working :(
  • Mr. BastosMr. Bastos Joined: Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I cannot view text in frontpage articles after a paragraph because of the background gradient getting darker and the text blends in unless I highlight it, but it's still an eyesore. I set it to SRK light and that doesn't change the fronpage for me, just the forums.
    "I have nothing to lose but my life, and I got that for free."
    -Setzer FFVI

"Why did God give me a brain and a penis, but not enough blood to use them both at the same time?" -Robin Williams
  • puconovpuconov Joined: Posts: 20
    I cannot view text in frontpage articles after a paragraph because of the background gradient getting darker and the text blends in unless I highlight it, but it's still an eyesore. I set it to SRK light and that doesn't change the fronpage for me, just the forums.

I have the same problems! I use the latest version of firefox...
  • Gen2KGen2K Joined: Posts: 4

I'm too having the same problem. Front Page articles is completely unreadable to me unless I highlight everything.

I tried to changing Style to SRK Light but it doesn't affect anything on the front page, just the forums. Using Firefox too if that matters.
  • DoofenshmirtzDoofenshmirtz Joined: Posts: 470
    Theres something wrong with the time on my account.
    Its 12:08 am where I am but has the time on the forums as 8:08.
    It was okay the last time I was on but now its not. Is there a way to change the timezone of my account?
  • EastEast Break Through Joined: Posts: 901
    It was okay the last time I was on but now its not. Is there a way to change the timezone of my account?

I double checked, and my time zone setting is correct, and the time is still wrong.
  • CJ FenixCJ Fenix Joined: Posts: 5
    What's wrong with SRK at the moment?

After lurking the forums for a long time, I finally decided to create an account yesterday, only to find that the registration link was completely broken. Now my account keeps logging itself out whenever I decide to click anything.
  • KudistosMegistosKudistosMegistos I'm a cute little girl Joined: Posts: 261
    What's wrong with SRK at the moment?

After lurking the forums for a long time, I finally decided to create an account yesterday, only to find that the registration link was completely broken.

This was the case for me too; God knows how many times I tried to register before it actually worked. It just took me here. The problem was browser independent (the same thing happened in Chromium, Firefox 5 and IE 6,8 and 9) and happened regardless of whether I had any cookies for the site. Chromium's "inspect element" tool gave the console output "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined" and "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'cmd' of undefined". However, this does not seem to be the reason for the problem, since it gives this error for all the site's pages..

I would have made a thread about it here, but it was impossible because I couldn't sign up to post.
    I'm unable to post in the Street Fighter X Tekken thread. For some reason, I keep getting a server error when I try.
    Same here, the time on the doesn't seem to reflect actual time.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• k4polok4polo Your Lethal Assassin Joined: Posts: 4,539
    Well I got banned I think.

Seems I got banned from the error since it kept popping up for me. I am using chrome.
    No infractions or anything. Maybe not a bann but something like that.
    "Where there is light, there's a shadow"
    SFV: Nash, Cammy, Urien
    Injustice 2: Poison Ivy, Super Girl, Wonder Women
  • GaijinblazeGaijinblaze fingerlicans Joined: Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    For me, the box at the top of the forum that previews the front page articles and recent posts isn't updating, and the time issue is making new posts show up as being posted earlier than older posts. I'm also assuming that numerous new posts are either not viewable or not being recorded, because some of the most popular threads don't seem to have had anything posted in them for several hours.
    This message will self-destruct.
    Seems that the server had some problems with the time. Now there are a couple of threads who's last posts have timestamps putting them a some time in the future. I believe this is what's causing server errors as well.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

• Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 20,239
    I haven't able to post since before Unity did the UMvC3 tourney. Most recent posts thing at the top hasn't updated since then either and they all said July 24, 2011 2:XX AM since this afternoon.
    You did not go back in time, this is how the forums look.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
    PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
    I haven't able to post since before Unity did the UMvC3 tourney. Most recent posts thing at the top hasn't updated since then either and they all said July 24, 2011 2:XX AM since this afternoon.
    You're going to have to wait until the latest timestamp passes to be able to post. I was finally able to post in the SFxT thread.
    -Mike_Z

-Daigo Umehara

It wasn't just threads either. I couldn't post on walls or PMs.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • G0F0RBR0KEG0F0RBR0KE Shun Goku Satsu Joined: Posts: 2,710 mod
    Thanks to Mr. Wiz for fixing this issue. If you're still encountering this. Please wait till the next day or clear cache/cookies and hopefully it resolves.
    Shun Goku Satsu :)
    www.battle-ground.net [Website is up and running]
  • MitMit Joined: Posts: 343
    So can I get ANY possible explanation as to why I have NEVER been able to post comments on front page articles ever since the re-design?

If I make comments, I get a link to the comment I just made, but it's never there. Here's a link to a comment I just tried to make:

http://shoryuken.com/2011/07/24/discussing-the-price-and-timing-of-ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/#comment-26653

Does it actually exist? Did it get created in the database but is just not being shown on the article for some reason? This really bugs me. It's not cookies. It's not browser. It's not a specific computer. It's not a specific operating system. They don't post or show up no matter what I try.
  • <Insert Name Here><Insert Name Here> No wonder with people like me SRK Marvel is dead Joined: Posts: 7,937
    Front page still can't recognize that I'm logged in.
    Xrd: Axl || UMvC3: Magneto/Dante/Frank West
    Give me attention: @ LaziestNameEver
    PSN: Laziest_ID_Ever (I don't really play online)
    "3) LIMITLESS (myself) --Those of you who have played me, will agree with this.. By far the most aggressive safe/style Wolverine." - Limitless, 3rd best Wolvie player in the world
  • MrWizardMrWizard Supreme Commander Joined: Posts: 22,134 admin
    try a different browser.
    Shoryuken.com
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    Will SRK be down this weekend for EVO like it was last year? (it wasn't really down it was just routing everybody to the EVO stream, as I think it was I could have dreamt this up LOL)

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • Maze MakerMaze Maker LOV thy neighbor~ Joined: Posts: 94
    Evo 2011 Pool Check-In Error

I've tried several times to check in and look up my pool for Evo, using Name, email or both, and I've gotten no results. My registration fees were paid and I recieved a confirmation page as well as statements telling me the money was taken from my account, both from my bank and Paypal. I need to know why I can't check my pools. The e-mail given to ask about problems, on the error message page didn't work for me.

What could be the problem?
    Mahvel: Cable, Sent, Doom
    SBX: Oichi
    3s: Urien, Remy
    GG: Testies
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • LvangundyLvangundy Joined: Posts: 791
    The Complex Media bar is causing problems with the browser's (IE9) history and back button function. The Complex MEdia bar puts entries in the history, so hitting back doesn't do anything. When I hover over Back I see this:

http://stats.complex.com/cmn_toolbar/blank.html
    My heart is in SF, but my genetics aren't.
    http://99secondfight.blogspot.com
  • MadoneMadone Joined: Posts: 3
    I cannot view threads in Firefox (latest stable).
    Some threads appear with only a single post, and then when I refresh, more posts appear. But usually not all of them. I have tested and everything seem to work in IE.
    I have tried deactivating my plugins, but nothing happens.
  • Crown ClownCrown Clown Joined: Posts: 39
    I cannot view threads in Firefox (latest stable).
    Some threads appear with only a single post, and then when I refresh, more posts appear. But usually not all of them. I have tested and everything seem to work in IE.
    I have tried deactivating my plugins, but nothing happens.

I am having same issue will got to post and only half the page shows up and the forums shows that there are new post in thread only having problem with firefox 5.0 works fine in Chrome and IE9
    Seems that the server had some problems with the time. Now there are a couple of threads who's last posts have timestamps putting them a some time in the future. I believe this is what's causing server errors as well.
    Happening again today.

Some post jumped to Aug 11, 11:XX PM got error a few times trying to post but seems I can again.

Can't post in topics where the time is screwed up.
    NO STREAM = DEAD GAME
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 9,904
    cant post anywhere but in select threads. time is off too. right now the last post is from 11:30 later tonight
  • Dr. WilhelmDr. Wilhelm Most call me Doc. Joined: Posts: 1,022
    Seems a small crew of people have been having this timestamp problem. I frequent the PS3 thread a lot and the most recent time for it is about an hour ahead of me so I'm assuming that's why I can't post. Couldn't respond to PM's earlier either until a certain time.

Good to know this should eventually fix itself though.
  • HNIC MikeHNIC Mike Joined: Posts: 9,904
    it seems to fix itself after all the future times have past
  • JaxelJaxel Community Builder Joined: Posts: 568
    The timestamp issue is related to the Content Delivery Network using "Cloudflare".

I dont think Cloudflare is good, especially since it seems the servers within the network don't seem to respect timezones correctly. I've had some major issues dealing with this problem with the XenAtendo mod on this forum... events will randomly popup at random times on the calendar (its also why a day may say it has 15 events, and then when you click on it, it actually only has 10; because 5 of them were random false positives).

Cloudflare is like the "lowest bidder" of Content Delivery Networks. It's not good, but its fine for most since its supposed to appeal to websites which are FAR smaller than SRK. But SRK is huge, it should have a much better CDN than Cloudflare.
    Visit a BETTER Soulcalibur Community: http://www.8wayrun.com/

I stream tournaments on the east coast! If you want me to stream your tournament, let me know!
  • EcKo Zero CoolEcKo Zero Cool lolz Joined: Posts: 802
    on my laptop when i try and check my alerts ( like if someone replied to your thread or someone qoutes you etc,) they will go behind the add,and the add will block them and i cant see them :(
    These things are good: ice cream and cake, a ride on a Harley, seeing monkeys in the trees, the rain on my tongue, and the sun shining on my face.
    These things are a drag: dust in my hair, holes in my shoes, no money in my pocket, and the sun shining on my face.
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,158 mod
    I have 2 things to report.

When I try to modify a post I have made I can't hit enter to add a new line or space between paragraphs. I hit enter and nothing happens. This is with Firefox.

The second things is I needed to move a thread a little while ago in the Southwest area so I selected the thread. The thread options did not open automatically like it usually does. I manually tried to open thread options and still could not get the menu to open. I noticed that right above thread options it is telling me 0 threads selected even though the thread is check marked/selected. I'm assuming the thread options won't open since it views no thread as being selected. I don't know if this is effecting any other mod.

I'm using Chrome as my browser.

EDIT: I just used Internet Explorer and I was able to move the thread. I just tested out the thread options again with Chrome and I got the same thing.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • Saikyo JoeSaikyo Joe that awkward moment Joined: Posts: 2,458
    Am I the only one getting a false Windows Security Alert when I go to SRK? This is the second time this has happened, I don't know if its some ad, or something installnig Malware, or something from my computer from before. I reformatted my computer about a week ago, so I doubt its that. Its only on this site that I've had that happen.
    Saikyo Joe does whatever the hell Saikyo Joe wants to do - Luc

The answer to your question is no.
  • YannickYannick Max Range Panta Rhei Joined: Posts: 4,464
    :eek: I've been getting malware alerts as well, but only very recently. Over the course of the past week, I'd say.
    The Sunset Studio // Destiny: Rise of Iron, Fighters, Development, Mechanics, Strategy, Media.
  • yimaxiyimaxi Joined: Posts: 170
    For the past few weeks, when I clicked the forum, I will sometime get redirected to download some Malware. I was using IE8.
  • xlxlxlxlxlxlxlxl Joined: Posts: 2,008
    I'm using Firefox 6, and I can't edit posts, view alerts, or do anything that makes that gray rectangle appear in the upper right corner of the screen. I don't have the problem on other forums.

Edit: Seems to be fixed.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    Steam: xlxlxlxl123 (Path of Exile, USIV, Awesomenauts, Dota 2)
  • MrFTWMrFTW Shazbot Joined: Posts: 1,169
    While viewing SRK on my HTC Inspire 4G's native browser outside of mobile mode, the bar that's supposed to be at the bottom of the screen get's stuck halfway and the text box to quick reply is black and I cannot enter text. I have to view this site as a mobile version to get it to cooperate (and the bar doesn't show).
    "Mike has this amazing ability to answer a rhetorical question, and make you feel dumber for asking it" - Andy
    "I don't enjoy people yoinking my junk" -Ron

I went slow once and it was horrible.