Dallas, Texas 6.2 DFW Metro area. First post updated with new info.

Comments

• RetekinRetekin Joined: Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Is this the thread where old men post about how we don't post here anymore?
    An uppercut is a thinking man's block.
    Softest hands in Texas.
    "Team White Guys, the least racist out of all of you"
    ~Some ethnic guy
  • DecaDangDecaDang Pretty Average. Joined: Posts: 107
    Psyro wrote: »

I'm currently living by Lewisville, but i'd be down to play you over the weekend.

Sorry I missed this, haven't been on the forums in a while. Would be swell to play, though I don't have a car atm.
    PSN only, tag is my username.
    UMvC3: Taskmaster/Doom/Vergil, Injustice: Nightwing/Batman/Green Lantern
  • RichterRichter ~~~00~~~ Joined: Posts: 1,872
    Anybody play 3S or MvC2 in DFW, more specifically Denton? The best way to describe my skill level is above beginner level but below average in both games.
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
  • wiskidewwiskidew Joined: Posts: 1
    SSF4ae in McKinney. Can host on xbox 360. gt: wiskidew
  • ebombebomb Joined: Posts: 22
    I'll be in the DFW area for a business trip from Sunday to Wednesday. Any events or sessions going on nearby? I mainly play AE and a little UMVC
  • xKurosakixKurosaki Joined: Posts: 9
    Does anybody still do the fight club stuff?
  • BarumunkBarumunk A / S / L Joined: Posts: 49
    Fight Club is still happening. This thread is pretty much dead so best is to join the DFW Group on Facebook or check out Fight Club's Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW-FIGHT-CLUB/140626315964010
    Xbox - xJinhx
    PSN - Kmartbandit (Inactive due to RLOD)
  • DlentDlent Joined: Posts: 3
    Is there still a FGC at UTA? I know there used to be guys playing Tekken in the pool hall, but the pool hall got shut down.
  • cHaotixcHaotix Keep it classy. Joined: Posts: 757
    You all some stank ass bitches yo. I heard y'all be on the dick and don't even feel bad about it. Dangg. Fuck
    You're not Jop so don't go around pretending that you are!
    Softest hands in Texas.
    ~Some ethnic guy
  • klenerskleners Joined: Posts: 201
    Fight Club is This friday OCT11th.
    Contact me through facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/DFW-FIGHT-CLUB/140626315964010 or text 682-622-6384.
    doors open at 7:30pm free to public. Donations welcome. Community snack and drink table also, just bring something or donate.
    We run a $5 RanBat Tournament Series starting at 10:30p for SFIV and UMVC3.
    Over 12 console setups, 7 fighting game arcade cabinets.
    Its Open house, Dont let my DOG OUT!!
    UCC Presents "DFW Fight Club" check out "DFW FIGHT CLUB!" on facebook.
  • UncleGaryUncleGary Joined: Posts: 185
    edited October 2013
    To anyone who might be around, we're still doing bi-weekly ranbats in Plano for Arc Systems games. Our season continues on October 19th. Starts at 2:00, sign ups for BlazBlue, Guilty Gear, and Persona 4 are $2 each, $3 venue fee. The venue is FX game exchange at 3000 Custer Rd, Plano, TX 75075

PM me if you need more info.
    Rictorxix wrote: »
    Anybody play 3S or MvC2 in DFW, more specifically Denton? The best way to describe my skill level is above beginner level but below average in both games.

I'm originally a 3S player, I have a couple friends here in the Plano/Richardson area that play. Shoot me a PM if you can make it down one Saturday and I'll see if I can get the guys together.
    UncleGary wrote: »

I'm originally a 3S player, I have a couple friends here in the Plano/Richardson area that play. Shoot me a PM if you can make it down one Saturday and I'll see if I can get the guys together.

Thanks, I appreciate the offer. Unfortunately, I recently got surgery on my torn ACL so I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.
    coffee.gifapplaud.gifkarate.gifthumbsup.gifwtf.gifpray.gifsmokin.gifparty.gifcool2.gifchinasmile.gifnunchuck.gifsad.gifeek.pngmad.pngcybot.gif
    Too bad your injured. We have a MVC2 and 3rd Strike cab at fight club along with 12 consoles running sfiv mvc3 injus chaos code jo'jo
    edited October 2013
    kleners wrote: »
    Too bad your injured. We have a MVC2 and 3rd Strike cab at fight club along with 12 consoles running sfiv mvc3 injus chaos code jo'jo
    That sounds like a lot of fun. I'll have to check it out once i get better. Thanks a lot
  • ThisGameizBroknThisGameizBrokn Bad Random Player Joined: Posts: 42
    damn this thread is still active lol
    People gonna bitch about a gif smh
    DFW Fight Club is Friday Night!!! NOV 1st. Doors open 7:30p
    Ranbats start at 10:30p $5 buy in. Stream with be live.
    As Always I provide some drinks and snacks at my cost. So please donate drinks, food, or Money to help cover my house being used for everyone's enjoyment. Come get your Last tournament practice and money matches before AB.

This will be LAST Fight Club till KILLER INSTINCT WEEKEND NOV 22nd.
  • fakeakagifakeakagi Joined: Posts: 117
    edited February 2014
    jkl;
    Post edited by fakeakagi on
    We have a hyper cabinet
    fakeakagi wrote: »
    Anyone in the area play super turbo? Not really interested in newer games.
    I play Super Turbo. Can't really attend meetups outside of Denton for the time being though. What platform do you prefer? HDR, GGPO, Dreamcast?

• fakeakagifakeakagi Joined: Posts: 117
    edited February 2014
    k'gujl
    Post edited by fakeakagi on
    Hyper street fighter 2
  • TEVALETEVALE Joined: Posts: 60
    anyone in Dallas/Fort worth play third strike? Letting yall kno there is some games going down tonite by the galleria in dallas. message here for details. 3s only!
  • KINGKING あなたの母親の膣 Joined: Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I don't recognize any of you guys.
    "I will be kind enough to give you the hint regarding KOF though: read Iori Yagami's family name in reverse." -- Black Shroud
  • Onslaught2000Onslaught2000 WHEN'S MAHVEL.........2?! Joined: Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    KING wrote: »
    I don't recognize any of you guys.

But I recognize you.

• fabri25fabri25 Joined: Posts: 7
    Does anyone want to play ssf4? I live in highway 635 and 75 area. I have a nice setup with a projector. I only have ps3. Let me know if you wanna meet up for some games. I mostly play Dhalsim. Text 214-708-9192
  • BmanBman Heart of Space Joined: Posts: 725
    fabri25 wrote: »
    Does anyone want to play ssf4? I live in highway 635 and 75 area. I have a nice setup with a projector. I only have ps3. Let me know if you wanna meet up for some games. I mostly play Dhalsim. Text 214-708-9192
    I'm semi-close to that area and still play a bit.
    AE Main: Ken
    3rd Strike Main: Ken
    Guilty Gear Main: Ken
    Soul Caliber Main: Ken
    Barbie Doll Main: Ken
  • irtypoirtypo Joined: Posts: 3
    I just moved to the Dallas area and was looking for some AE. PM me.
  • fabri25fabri25 Joined: Posts: 7
    SORRY FOR THE CAPS BUT THIS IS WHAT'S GOING ON IN DALLAS ON MAY 25: CASUALS AT A BAR AND GRILL IN PLANO. HERE IS THE LINK
    http://www.versusgameplay.com/tournament/vgf05252014/
    I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO FIGHT CLUB IN FORT WORTH BECAUSE IT IS TOO FAR FOR ME BUT I CAN MAKE IT TO PLANO WITH NO PROBLEMS. SO EXCITED, I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL TO MAKE IT A BIWEEKLY THING.
    ALSO THERE'S A TOURNY COMING.. CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR MORE INFO.
    CHEERS!
  • Con_Queso325Con_Queso325 Joined: Posts: 11
    Is there an arcade here to play sf4 on? I'm visiting from out of town and would love to play someone on a cabinet
    Nearest arcade with SF4 is in Austin. Sorry dawg.
    Softest hands in Texas.
    ~Some ethnic guy
  • Con_Queso325Con_Queso325 Joined: Posts: 11
    PC version of ae is absolutely horrible now after the steam conversion. lags when you arent in a game
  • ZeroSumJ1ZeroSumJ1 Joined: Posts: 71
    This thread still exists.
    Does Greg still post his Sakura cosplay pics?
    PSN: ZeroSumJ1
    Twitter: @5Robots

"You will never know your limits until you push yourself to them"
  • Jo0Jo0 Joined: Posts: 85
    Man it's been awhile. I know I didnt stick around long when I first entered the scene, but I'm back again for who knows how long. I'm guessing the fightnights at the house off of Ohio is done for? What's left to do in the plano/richardson area?
  • pkrstdntpkrstdnt Joined: Posts: 802
    There is a tournament going on next Saturday called Texas Bar Fights. Its the 15th one.
    DFW Fight Club
    ***UCC***
    uppercutcircuit.com
  • rolorolo I Joined: Posts: 9
    Any 3s or IV gaming in the plano area? Been playing IV on Xbox with a damn 360 controller and it sucks...
  • EmericaRREmericaRR Bite It You Scum Joined: Posts: 139
    rolo wrote: »
    Any 3s or IV gaming in the plano area? Been playing IV on Xbox with a damn 360 controller and it sucks...

I am from the Allen area and those are the only games I play. I only have one stick though but yeah hit me up if you wanna play sometime

• rolorolo I Joined: Posts: 9
    EmericaRR wrote: »
    rolo wrote: »

I am from the Allen area and those are the only games I play. I only have one stick though but yeah hit me up if you wanna play sometime

Sounds good, I'll just need to get a stick first
  • DoctorZoidberg747DoctorZoidberg747 Joined: Posts: 4
    Does anyone know if there is the biweekly at the End Zone this weekend?
  • Exceed^Exceed^ Slangin' Yogurt Joined: Posts: 849
    There's an VGP event going on this Sunday. It might be the one you're thinking about... Not sure what Reggie and co are up to these days.

https://www.facebook.com/events/671505069600214/

You should join the DFW FGC group on Facebook. Lemme know if you want an invite if you're not already a part of it.
  • EmericaRREmericaRR Bite It You Scum Joined: Posts: 139
    Was thinking about hosting some games possibly bi-weekly at my house if anyone was interested. I live in the allen/plano area. I play mostly just ultra but I can fuck around on marvel or whatever somebody else wants to play as well. Really wanna level up in ultra but online play ass. Wasn't really sure if people played offline anymore as I haven't been active in the community since the 3s days. Anybody interested?
  • Exceed^Exceed^ Slangin' Yogurt Joined: Posts: 849
    edited August 2014
    EmericaRR wrote: »
    Was thinking about hosting some games possibly bi-weekly at my house if anyone was interested. I live in the allen/plano area. I play mostly just ultra but I can fuck around on marvel or whatever somebody else wants to play as well. Really wanna level up in ultra but online play ass. Wasn't really sure if people played offline anymore as I haven't been active in the community since the 3s days. Anybody interested?

Post in the DFW FGC Community group on Facebook. If you need an invite, send me a PM with your Facebook info.
  • WavyFLATLINEWavyFLATLINE The OG - Old Gamer Joined: Posts: 33
    This is nothing like I remember. I stopped posting here three years ago. Looks like everyone else stopped, also.
    "It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations." - Winston Churchill
  • BadtzmaruBadtzmaru dumps Joined: Posts: 10
    what the heck this thread is still open
  • KINGKING あなたの母親の膣 Joined: Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Badtzmaru wrote: »
    what the heck this thread is still open

Mike VOOOOO!!!!!
    "I will be kind enough to give you the hint regarding KOF though: read Iori Yagami's family name in reverse." -- Black Shroud
  • jaytoojaytoo Joined: Posts: 750
    We're also not dead, just moved to facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/dallasfgc/

Closed group, but you can PM me for an invite as well.

Upcoming events:

Just-opened LAN center is trying to start weekly or bi-weekly FG tournaments. First one is this Friday. Check it out, meet people (if anyone's in here, lol)

https://www.facebook.com/events/827821903937324/

https://www.facebook.com/EpicGamingLounge
  • KaboXxKaboXx FIGHTING CAT Joined: Posts: 3,935
    To anyone in the Arlington area. The parks mall just opened Round 1 Bowling alley. The interesting part of it. It has 6 Street fighter cabs. SAdly its just Ae atm hopefully they'll update to ultra. They also have Tekken Tag2 and various other fighter's :D
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
  • xFuneralxxFuneralx Joined: Posts: 85
    KaboXx wrote: »
    To anyone in the Arlington area. The parks mall just opened Round 1 Bowling alley. The interesting part of it. It has 6 Street fighter cabs. SAdly its just Ae atm hopefully they'll update to ultra. They also have Tekken Tag2 and various other fighter's :D
    Thanks for the info. Sitting here in Oak Cliff as usual.
    No salt in these tears!
    DFW, Texas
    xFuneralx
    Twitch
  • bitethecurb214bitethecurb214 Joined: Posts: 79
    Yea here at parks mall in Arlington right now and these cabs are nice, hopefully can meet up with some folks sometime and play some games,
  • xFuneralxxFuneralx Joined: Posts: 85
    @bitethecurb214 Nice. I need to get out there. Just been busy with other things.
    No salt in these tears!
    DFW, Texas
    xFuneralx
    Twitch