Dallas, Texas 6.2 DFW Metro area. First post updated with new info.

Comments

• bitethecurb214bitethecurb214 Joined: Posts: 79
    YO, anyone in the grand prairie/Arlington area wanna come and play sum games every once in a while, just got my own place and needa get better :/ lol
  • galvan2356galvan2356 . Joined: Posts: 257
    pm me the details
  • blockheadblockhead Joined: Posts: 243
    Ignore him. Yeah, a bunch of us play kof13. Wednesday nights at house of goons is the theoretical "KoF Wednesday" however I haven't been able to make it for some time so I can't really say. However, every Friday there's at least one setup with kof going on at goons.

Naw, I bumped an xbox while disk was spinning. It's not the xbox itself, user error.

Cool, I might come sometime. I live in Lower Greenville though, that's kind of a long drive but I'll try to make it out eventually.
    KoF XIII: Kyo/Ash/Ex Iori subs: King or Terry
    ST: Guile
    Alpha 2/3: Akuma
  • RetekinRetekin Joined: Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    There's a couple of guys whom I thiiiink live near there, but whatever, if you travel up on your own it'll take 30 minutes or so, yeah. Considering the DFW metroplex as a whole that's not too bad, it's well worth the drive.
    An uppercut is a thinking man's block.
    Softest hands in Texas.
    "Team White Guys, the least racist out of all of you"
    ~Some ethnic guy
    I want to play some people offline soon because there's so much lag online and the computer is pathetic even at the highest setting.
    Right now Zbeast is crashing at goons (I think) and he seems to be always up for kof. He took 2'nd in an Arkansas tourney last weekend. Zbeast, 2D Tony, and myself actually played kof13 for a couple of hours today. The game's definitely not dead in Dallas. Your best bet is Friday, assuming that goons is being hosted.
    Softest hands in Texas.
    ~Some ethnic guy
    What is house of goons exactly? Is it a bar or a house or an apartment?
  • GBS GiovanniGBS Giovanni Winter's Coming Joined: Posts: 2,961
    To Ian and the BoomGorillas crew, I won't be able to make it down for the tournament in Killeen. People got sick so I couldn't get the time I wanted off. I'll try to hit up the next event thats coming through Dallas or close.
    "One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." - Niccolò Machiavelli
    GiovanniSama | Twitter GetBodiedSonGaming
  • HackumaHackuma Joined: Posts: 5
    What is house of goons exactly? Is it a bar or a house or an apartment?
    Its a guys house in Plano.
  • Jam1kazeJam1kaze Chyeah. Joined: Posts: 233
    We're streaming right now at House of Goons before we go to Killeen in the morning! Come watch some SSF4!

www.boomgorillas.com
    Boom Gorillas
    Producers of high quality streams, and fly graphics.
    www.boomgorillas.com
  • AlixAlix Joined: Posts: 51
    So, I'm guessing nothing much goes on in Denton since I haven't heard from anyone about casuals.

Guess I gotta make it down to Dallas sometime then.
    Hey guys we're finally up and running at Central Texas Brawll III in Killeen! Come check us out! www.boomgorillas.com
    Boom Gorillas
    www.boomgorillas.com
  • Zoidberg747Zoidberg747 Joined: Posts: 59
    House of Goons was fun last night. "HE IS SLIPPERY, SLIP'N'SLIDE"

That shit was hilarious lol
  • mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 274 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    I talked with I.C.E. earlier and let him know that I may be coming through on Friday since I'll be in the Metroplex at First Saturday (computer sale in Downtown Dallas). Hopefully it'll be going down at Goons this Friday!
    So is SCV going to be at Goons this week? If so what console is it going to be on? (Please say xbox, lol)
  • Animefreak6969Animefreak6969 Doesn't Understand Joined: Posts: 1,632
    Ya so like i wanna know this too so maybe like OK can maybe like go to this too maybe?
    PSN = iw2ma
  • FindMyFarmsFindMyFarms Joined: Posts: 1,060
    Ya so like i wanna know this too so maybe like OK can maybe like go to this too maybe?

Yeah just give a heads up, as long as they know ahead of time they'll be down. Keep in mind since it's a 3d game they're alot more serious compared to the 2d side of things. JOP will not train with you if you're casual or half assed, only if you have intentions to win majors/evo/etc.
    "you all some stank ass bitches yo. i heard yall be on da cock and dont even feel bad about it. danng. fuck"

-JOP
    Does anyone live near Greenville avenue in Dallas? I plan to come to House of Goons when I can but I've been having car trouble so I'll have to take the DART rail. I'm just looking for someone that lives a bit closer to train with. My main game is KOF 13 but I also play MvC3 (I only have vanilla), HD Remix, 3rd Strike, MvC2 and Super Street Fighter 4.
  • takeurlife2takeurlife2 Joined: Posts: 129
    I just moved to Denton and live at City Parc. I saw that other Denton thread so I know there's other people here. Anyone have regular casuals?
    We only really play marvel in Denton. But if youre into KoF or SF4, you can try talking to dances with ninjas
    Noah
    Stu Pickles
    Denton House of Marvel.
    Who do you use for your team in Marvel? Is seems like everyone uses at least one person from team trenchcoat because they're so overpowered.
  • BowserkickBowserkick Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey guys, I'm new and just looking to find someone to play UMvC3 with. None of my friends really play the game that much. I'm around Arlington/Fort Worth. I also have AE, but haven't played that game much since UMvC3 came out. I would love to hang out at House of Goons or Fight Club once in a while, but I really wouldn't know anyone there.

My PSN name is bowserkick.
    Hey guys, I'm new and just looking to find someone to play UMvC3 with. None of my friends really play the game that much. I'm around Arlington/Fort Worth. I also have AE, but haven't played that game much since UMvC3 came out. I would love to hang out at House of Goons or Fight Club once in a while, but I really wouldn't know anyone there.

My PSN name is bowserkick.

best thing that you can do is call up I.C.E (he heads up House of Goons I do believe), or the guy who runs fight club (I think Jeff's his name?) and tell him you want to stop by on Friday or Saturday. That info is on page 1 of the thread. I'm stopping in from out-of-town this weekend, and I don't know anyone either so I'll be introducing myself to damn near everyone.

edit: my psn name is my SRK name, so I'm easy to figure out.
    Yeah just give a heads up, as long as they know ahead of time they'll be down. Keep in mind since it's a 3d game they're alot more serious compared to the 2d side of things. JOP will not train with you if you're casual or half assed, only if you have intentions to win majors/evo/etc.
    I like this heads up but it is unwarranted lol. I made it to nationals for SCIV and even defeated both EP and Jop at TiT in it. Sure they may not have liked the game but hey, i did that.
    Also not saying i can repeat this, all im saying is im in there.
    PSN = iw2ma
    I talked to Jop the other day, he said that he wasn't going to be playing anybody in Soul Calibur for a week or so until he feels comfortable/confident in the game.
    Softest hands in Texas.
    ~Some ethnic guy
    I like this heads up but it is unwarranted lol. I made it to nationals for SCIV and even defeated both EP and Jop at TiT in it. Sure they may not have liked the game but hey, i did that.
    Also not saying i can repeat this, all im saying is im in there.

With regards to your abiltiies, I don't know your player history, and I wasn't making a statement on whether you're good or not, just putting it out there the type of people they like to train with. As for the heads up, it has nothing to do with merit, or skill, it's just a courtesy call to let them know you'll be coming into town for the weekend. They were a little caught off guard last time waking up and seeing 7 dudes passed out on the floor lol. But yea they're always down for training of course.
    "you all some stank ass bitches yo. i heard yall be on da cock and dont even feel bad about it. danng. fuck"

-JOP
    With regards to your abiltiies, I don't know your player history, and I wasn't making a statement on whether you're good or not, just putting it out there the type of people they like to train with. As for the heads up, it has nothing to do with merit, or skill, it's just a courtesy call to let them know you'll be coming into town for the weekend. They were a little caught off guard last time waking up and seeing 7 dudes passed out on the floor lol. But yea they're always down for training of course.
    Is there anyone at House of Goons or in the are that will be down to train with me in some KOF 13 or 3rd Strike? Maybe SF4 too if no one is up for the other ones. I have little to no interest in Marvel 3 because it's so broken and I hate the simplified control scheme and inputs. Capcom is trying way too hard to appeal to casuals with it.
    Is there anyone at House of Goons or in the are that will be down to train with me in some KOF 13 or 3rd Strike? Maybe SF4 too if no one is up for the other ones. I have little to no interest in Marvel 3 because it's so broken and I hate the simplified control scheme and inputs. Capcom is trying way too hard to appeal to casuals with it.

If you have facebook, pm me your name and I'll add you to the DFW fighting game group, that's where the 100+ members of the community actively post and where I (along with other peeps) regularly update for games/tourneys/etc. anyone else too for that matter.

Anyhows, to answer your question, there's a pretty active community for KoF13, and I typically host KoF Wednesdays at Goons. I don't live there, but I am in the area along with a lot of other players. It's on hiatus for this week though since Soul Calibur just came out yesterday.

If you're interested in 3rd strike, you're going to be disappointed because it's a dead scene(also historically dfw was a cvs2 town and 3s was kind of hated). However, nmbr1krush does keep the dream alive and is always down to play against anyone. At regular gatherings, if you really wanted to I'm sure people would be down to play 3rd strike on the side for fun. Most everyone in the community played the game competitively in the past, so they'll play it for shits and giggles, but we've all moved on and no one is going to "train" with you aside from krush and maybe.....a gentleman by the name of Yuuki. He's a top tier player in the game and loves it but I'm not sure how active he is right now, you'd have better luck with regards to that messaging krush.

edit - I forgot, orochi_ryu would also be down for 3s. Along with krush's brother.

-JOP
    If you have facebook, pm me your name and I'll add you to the DFW fighting game group, that's where the 100+ members of the community actively post and where I (along with other peeps) regularly update for games/tourneys/etc. anyone else too for that matter.

Anyhows, to answer your question, there's a pretty active community for KoF13, and I typically host KoF Wednesdays at Goons. I don't live there, but I am in the area along with a lot of other players. It's on hiatus for this week though since Soul Calibur just came out yesterday.

If you're interested in 3rd strike, you're going to be disappointed because it's a dead scene(also historically dfw was a cvs2 town and 3s was kind of hated). However, nmbr1krush does keep the dream alive and is always down to play against anyone. At regular gatherings, if you really wanted to I'm sure people would be down to play 3rd strike on the side for fun. Most everyone in the community played the game competitively in the past, so they'll play it for shits and giggles, but we've all moved on and no one is going to "train" with you aside from krush and maybe.....a gentleman by the name of Yuuki. He's a top tier player in the game and loves it but I'm not sure how active he is right now, you'd have better luck with regards to that messaging krush.

edit - I forgot, orochi_ryu would also be down for 3s. Along with krush's brother.

I sent you a PM with a link to my FB.

13 is my first KOF but I've been playing the various Street Fighters pretty seriously since 2007 so I'm not new to fighting games. I'm above average but I'm not totally insane at fighters. I know some combos, BnBs, can beat the game on Very Hard pretty easily and play 3-5 hours a day online, doing trials, time attack and survival. I also make sure to beat Arcade mode at least once a day. What I'm wondering is everyone that plays at House of Goons totally insane and almost pro level at KOF? Are people not going to want to play me if I'm not totally amazing at it? I'm not bad by any means and I don't mind losing but I'm just worried people won't want to play me if I"m not really really good.

I'm probably better at Street Fighter because I've been playing it longer. I play HD Remix, 3rd Strike, Alpha 2 and 3 and SSF4. I asked abut 3rd Strike because I was thinking about getting back into it and buying online edition. It's not a big deal that it's not popular with you guys as long as there's KOF and SSF4.

I'm trying to get better at KOF (and AE on the side) and would love to play and train with some of you guys. I probably wont' be able to make it up to House of Goons for a few weeks because I'm having car problems. I live in Dallas on lower Greenville avenue. I may be able to take the DART rail up there. If anyone lives near me and is willing to give me a ride I can give them gas money . I also have a PS3 and copies of KOF13, SSF4 and MVC3 (like said, I rarely play it) I can bring. My ps3 has MvC2, SF alpha 2, HD Remix and KoF '99 on it if for some reason we ever need copies of them.

I appreciate you answering my questions and I look forward to playing with you guys.
    So who is everyone maining in SCV(so far)?

Im thinking either Aeon or Mitsurugi.
    stuff

Nubbas on here is also from lower greenville I believe, but don't quote me on that. Maybe you can have a carpool going, otherwise you at least have someone to run games with in a close vicinity.

Also, with KoF being the niche game that it is, we are anything but pros at the game LOL.

-JOP
    Thanks, I'll PM him and see if he wants to play some games. Good to know we'll be close to similar skill level too haha.

Does anyone in the area know how to repair arcade sticks? I've been having problem my Hori FS3. It shorted out a while back and the lights won't come on when I plug it in and the controls are unresponsive. I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the USB cable because it's frayed where it connects to the base. I disconnected the cable to try to solder the wires back together but I don't have the proper tools/don't know how to fix it.

If not, is anyone willing to sell a PS3 compatible stick? I can trade Zelda: Skyward Sword and the wii motion plus accessory as part of the deal or pay all cash.
    Nah i didn't take it that way lol, im just saying i can NOT WAIT TO GOONS IT UP. However i am not going to be coming down anytime soon i don't think lol.

Also need to level in my KoF game since it's by far my weakest game.
    PSN = iw2ma
  • Dest556Dest556 wake up dizzy Joined: Posts: 550
    Dumb Adnan words.

There was actually a nice group of people that played 3s every week at SNF that didn't "hate" the game and actually enjoyed it. But what would an 09'er know.
    AMIRITE?!

I'll play 3s at any gathering, it's a fun game. As far as "training", John USA is the guy to hit up.
    -- JOP
    The fucks a snf? gg for life. broken sticks.
    Softest hands in Texas.
    ~Some ethnic guy
    No hay en realidad era un buen grupo de personas que han jugado 3s cada semana en SNF queno 'odio' el juego y realmente me gustó. YO SOY KOF.
    AMIRITE?!
    Jugaré 3s en cualquier tipo de reunión, es un juego divertido. En la medida de lo "formación",Juan USA es el chico de golpear.

What he's trying to say is that he really loves KoF

-JOP
    Will there be any KoF at Goons this Friday? What system do you guys play it on and should I bring my pad with me?
    I'm sure that someone will want to play KOF with you. Not sure what system they play KOF on, but if you play on pad, bring it.
    Boom Gorillas
    www.boomgorillas.com
    Will there be any KoF at Goons this Friday? What system do you guys play it on and should I bring my pad with me?

From what I understand, it's gonna be mostly SCV. Maybe someone will have KOF13 on a setup, if not I'm more than willing to bring my PS3 and monitor and my copy of KOF13 (I have Billy unlocked, but not Saiki).
  • FullScheduleFullSchedule @FullScheduleMvC Joined: Posts: 96
    Dallas,

I'm from northwest Florida and I'm going to be visiting your area on a business trip next week. I may have some free time after 5pm to play some UMVC3. Could you tell me who your best players are and if we can set up a 3-4 hr session with them. Let me know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Follow me on Twitter @FullScheduleMvC
    From what I understand, it's gonna be mostly SCV. Maybe someone will have KOF13 on a setup, if not I'm more than willing to bring my PS3 and monitor and my copy of KOF13 (I have Billy unlocked, but not Saiki).
    If you bring it I'll play with you. I have Saiki and Ash but I never use them .