Fire Emblem thread: Now with more permadeath!

Comments

• BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,498
    edited September 28
    angelpalm wrote: »
    So I got the other Black Knight(5 star), anything else I should be shooting for right now?

Went and did some of the special maps and got two more Olivia's lol.

How exactly does this skill inheretence work? Seems to be super important to making your units powerful.

Depends on your team really. Having about 20 different good 5 star units is a nice goal to aim for.

Skill inheritance is basically when you sacrifice a unit and give 3 of its skills to another unit.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
    edited September 29
    Oh yeah @angelpalm keep doing the Tempest to get that Panic Ploy Sacred Seal. It's a nice free skill.

Edit: Dancer Banner stats:

qB55BZQ.jpg

Looks like Azura and Indigo are the stat winners. Poor Olivia.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,947
    So I got the other Black Knight(5 star), anything else I should be shooting for right now?

Went and did some of the special maps and got two more Olivia's lol.

How exactly does this skill inheretence work? Seems to be super important to making your units powerful.

As already stated, you sacrifice a unit and choose three skills (some character specific ones like dance or unit exclusive weapons like Ryoma's can't be given). It can fill holes in certain characters, that just have crappy skills or need boosts that can make them viable. If you already learned all a unit's moves but there is skill slot blank, there is no reason not to try and fill it with something.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,299
    So basicly snipe green orbs all day lol
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,897
    edited September 29
    Eh, I still wanted Olivia the most and I actually got her with 3 summons during free summon as there were 3 colorless orbs. I was due to finally land a 5* during the free session. Woot!

Since this banner is gonna last a month and people are speculating there could also be another banner mid-october(probably halloween), I'm just gonna save orbs for now.
    Gatcha is bad civilization 70 orbs, jack shit, least they were saved free ones.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    edited September 29
    At least you didn't waste 100 grinded orbs trying to pull Elencia and Nephenee and fail like me.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    True, but at least sniping red/blue gives good inheritance fodder, the amount of barsts and bartres I've sent home now...
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
    All I got were Sophias.

Looks like Indigo is considered the best off this banner.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    I'm going to take a wild guess, the idea is you slap Gronblade+ on him and go to town?
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
    edited October 8
    Iduno wrote: »
    I'm going to take a wild guess, the idea is you slap Gronblade+ on him and go to town?

I think Gronraven+ is his perferred weapon right now. That with Triangle Adept 3 and Bowbreaker let's him counter Pony Lyn and Reinhart, and he's still a great supporter.

That said Gronblade will still do work.
    Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • WellmanWellman Joined: Posts: 3,947
    The amount of Nino's I and green haired mounted wizard lady I won't deem to even remember her name I've had to deal with is heart breaking.

Motherfuckers at IS are cruel, I blew my rebuilt stash after failing to get Ike on failed attempts to get Nephenee, now a axe weilding Azura is right before my fucking eyes and I have less then 20 orbs in stock.

I wish FE Warriors didn't have such a poor roster selection then I wouldn't be so dependent on Heroes to get classic FE character fix.
    You have been weighed.
    You have been measured.
    And you have absolutely...
    Been found wanting.
    Welcome to the New World. God save you, if it is right that he should do so.
    - A Knight's Tale
    Eh Nino isn't too bad, you make your best one 5* and wreck shop with Gronraven+ and then any more you draw give your flyers and other mages draw back and any other green tomb user you might want to use Gronraven (or Gronraven+ if you have feathers to burn)
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
    Nino's one of the best mages in the game thanks to her weapon and stats.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,120 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Cool I just got a 3 star Nino, too bad I don't have any of those items you need to raise their star ranks. I don't even have a clue as how to get them lol
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    Cool I just got a 3 star Nino, too bad I don't have any of those items you need to raise their star ranks. I don't even have a clue as how to get them lol

You need feathers. Doing the Arena and getting the highest score you can in both modes is the easiest way of getting them.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • JGreenJGreen Joined: Posts: 1,676
    edited September 30
    Just getting into Fire Emblem Heroes. I don't know why I didn't keep up with this game back when it first came out. Love it now. How's my team looking? I don't know too much about the intricacies quite yet.

Lady of Ballads Azura
    +spd - def

Reinhardt (working on getting him 5 star)
    +atk -res
    Have a 4 star Hawkeye to transfer Death Blow 3.

Brave Lyn
    Don't know the boon-bane. Didn't find out about that until recently

Blushing Beauty Olivia
    Don't know her boon-bane either.

Any tips for just starting out? Any trash units to just pitch?
    edited September 30
    You don't need 2 dancers on the same team. I'd replace Olivia with a good sword unit. Also give Rein and Lyn reposition: that skill helps units get in to attack or get out of danger.

I suggest doing the Tempest and getting Black Knight as fast as you can.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Yeah I don't understand having two dancers lol. Isn't the whole point to use them to let your other units go twice or some shit?
    Mains:
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    I mean if it was an armor team it'd be more understandable, but he's running ponies so he's better off replacing Olivia with a sword.

His Rein is great though (if it was +Atk-Speed it'd be perfect, but really any +Atk Rein will wreck). Azura's a dancer so all she wants is speed to not get doubled, so she's good.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Yeah my two strongest characters are mounted, so I want to figure out who to use to keep up with them and their crazy mobility. Lyn is fast and has ranged and the Cordelia has the flying mount and crazy range too. Both are 5 stars, I am not sure what I should add to them to make them stronger.
    Mains:
    Yeah, I completely forgot about Olivia and Azura being on the same team since I was so used to having Olivia. Whoops. Looks like Black Knight would be a great fit for a balanced team.
    Bious wrote: »

You need feathers. Doing the Arena and getting the highest score you can in both modes is the easiest way of getting them.

I have enough feathers to do it but says I need 20 of some other thing. Look like badges of a color I don't have lol. Seems like they change daily. Shit
    Mains:
    edited October 1
    Bious wrote: »

I have enough feathers to do it but says I need 20 of some other thing. Look like badges of a color I don't have lol. Seems like they change daily. Shit

Oh, those you get from fighting in the training tower. The top levels usually drop more than the lower levels..
    Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Yeah I don't understand having two dancers lol. Isn't the whole point to use them to let your other units go twice or some shit?

Tbh if you get them its worth keeping a dancer of each type, that way whenever "Beat x level with a sword/spear/axe unit on your team" missions pop up you can just slot a dancer of the required type into your team for it.

Speaking of that the quest for the new Azura continues, got spooked by iniago twice now, desire senser too strong.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
    edited October 1
    Any tips for grinding tempest trials? Only getting a couple hundred or so per run. I did however try my luck at a couple summons on the tempest trial banner and got Ike +spd -def. Not ideal, but the other one I got was -atk +HP which didn't seem good. Do you guys feed 5 stars into each other or use them for skill inheritance? I heard something about a merge bonus for units which keeps with their star level.

Running: YM Ike, LoB Azura, Brave Lyn, and Rein now. Seems like a solid team to start.
    edited October 1
    JGreen wrote: »
    Any tips for grinding tempest trials? Only getting a couple hundred or so per run. I did however try my luck at a couple summons on the tempest trial banner and got Ike +spd -def. Not ideal, but the other one I got was -atk +HP which didn't seem good. Do you guys feed 5 stars into each other or use them for skill inheritance? I heard something about a merge bonus for units which keeps with their star level.

Running: YM Ike, LoB Azura, Brave Lyn, and Rein now. Seems like a solid team to start.

Best way to run tempest is simply to have a good team to run through it on Lunatic with and to use the bonus units. Tempest grades you in two areas: Speed (How many turns you use) and Survivors (How many units you lose.) Having a team that can get through maps quickly without dying alot will net you a high grade (and in case they do die having strong backups helps too.) Units that can counter ranged attackers (Like Ike), can tear units apart in one attack (Like Rein), and can draw ranged enemies to them without dying (Brave Lyn can draw mages if she needs to, Ike can draw bows and daggers) are extremely useful. You also may want to bring along a unit that can heal your other units (either a healer, a Breath of Life attacker, or a unit with Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid.) Your team seems fine but Lunatic Black Knight may give you some problems, so have a good backup of strong blue units.

Merging 2 units of the same rank together will increase the stats of the unit you are not sacrificing (think of them as bonus levels). It's best to do this at 5 stars, as ranking up a unit removes the bonus levels.
    Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    edited October 1
    JGreen wrote: »

Not sure what you have at your disposal so I'll just post up how I've been doing it.

Team 1:
    Ike with base set
    Nowi with vantage and bonfire
    Fae with Lightning Breath+ and Quick Repost
    Any healer will do

These will often last at least halfway, sometimes even to the end

Team 2:

2 Blade tomb mages
    Erika
    Wellfare Lucina with Regenerate and Ardent Sacrifice

Semi-throwaway team just to make progress without risking having nothing left to take out stage 7

Team 3:

Olivia with Ruby Sword and Wings of Mercy
    Tharja with draw back and desperation
    Nino with Rage, draw back, desperation and glimmer
    Bridal Ceader but any blue mage should work, has rally speed

Mages nuke everything

Team 4:
    Never needed one.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
    Pulled two Gordon's and a bad Leon, fuck this game and fuck colorless hell.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Thanks to Heroes glitching and not letting Arena Assault work for a bit, everyone gets free orbs sometime soon.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    I got a Brave Heroes Ike...everything else has been poo. I got a couple of more Nino's.

How was it we determined their IV's again?

His stats at level 1 right now are

hp 18 atk 26 spd 6 def 9 res 4
    Mains:
    I got a Brave Heroes Ike...everything else has been poo. I got a couple of more Nino's.

How was it we determined their IV's again?

His stats at level 1 right now are

hp 18 atk 26 spd 6 def 9 res 4

Assuming it's 5 Star, yours is +HP - RES.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Yeah it's a 5 star
    Mains:
    edited October 5
    -RES +Anything Brave Ikes are wonderful. You're good.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    I just used this site to find out the IVs: https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/hero/performing-azura
    Fuck yes finally got Tiki from the banner, slapped lighting breath+ and vantage on her with the quickness.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,703
    So I just recently got into this series starting with Fire Emblem GBA. Really fun/frustrating game, the last few chapters made me salty but I'm sure it'd not that bad if I knew what I was doing lol. I didn't like restarting after a unit died, I ended up saying screw it towards the end of the game and let units just stay dead.

Now I'm playing sacred stones and I am enjoying it so far.
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,895 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 7
    Although the game came out years ago, I wish more people would visit my castle in Fates. MY MIDORI FARMS GOLD!!! :33 (...and all stats 99. Some guy hacked and I got her from another castle)

Because of school and work, I haven't had time to check out the newer emblem games.

I'm sorry. Humor me!!
    Fightcade: Ephidel
  • DrellyFishDrellyFish Joined: Posts: 4,459
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    So I just recently got into this series starting with Fire Emblem GBA. Really fun/frustrating game, the last few chapters made me salty but I'm sure it'd not that bad if I knew what I was doing lol. I didn't like restarting after a unit died, I ended up saying screw it towards the end of the game and let units just stay dead.

Now I'm playing sacred stones and I am enjoying it so far.

Sacred Stones is good and way easier if I recall. i was almost done but had a corrupt save file smh.

and I too just let units die when near the end shit not worth it sometimes to restart
    Got 5 orbs and I figured I;d pull cause I needed something to get pissed off at. Got 5 Star Axezura.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░