Fire Emblem thread: Now with more permadeath!

Comments

• BiousBious Seasons Greetings Joined: Posts: 11,511
    With the new update that happened last night, there came a new chapter that, when completed, opens up an option that lets you craft and upgrade Sacred Seals!
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░░▄██░░█░█▀░░▄▄▀█░█░░░▄▄▄▄
    ▄█████░░██░░░▀▀░▀░█▀▀██▀▀▀█▀▄
    █████░█░░▀█░▀▀▀▀▄▀░░░███████▀
    ░▀▀█▄░██▄▄░▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Preppy wrote: »
    Panda Express is an Asian plot to destroy your bowels. Winners Just Say No.
  • IdunoIduno ...what to put here Joined: Posts: 5,303
    Nice, bladetombs just got even better.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    Keep in mind you need Sacred Coins and badges.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,426
    Both GBA fire emblems are way too easy imo.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
    So yeah, Seals are fucking godlike now.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Gonna need a seal primer since I can't seem to get any other good units. Just shitty barst and barte, gwendolyn drops all day XD

fuck this game lol.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
  • RoGE9RoGE9 Joined: Posts: 1,703
    Beat Sacred Stones, now I'm trying out Path of Radiance. I already miss the cool looking gba battle animations :(

Looks like you can shove enemies a tile away in this game, wonder if that'll be useful.
    RoGE9 wrote: »
    Beat Sacred Stones, now I'm trying out Path of Radiance. I already miss the cool looking gba battle animations :(

Looks like you can shove enemies a tile away in this game, wonder if that'll be useful.

You will need that to get a character.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • r00ster22r00ster22 Joined: Posts: 3,938
    BullDancer wrote: »

Sacred Stones is beyond easy and was the FE that ruined the future ones for me because it introduced JRPG style grinding into my strategy game. It was strategy to power up my characters while trying to get the most efficient map victories. Now that you can separate both and rice up lower level characters it loses its edge. The first FE #7 I think with Eliwood, Lyn and Hector isn't that easy if you play it on hardest difficulty and is my favorite FE that I have played yet. It is certainly the hardest I have played out of the English ones. The GC and Wii FE made an ok compromise with me in the after map bonus EXP. I would have liked to see it lowered by quite a bit, but at least I didn't have to grind it felt more like it was part of the game at least.
    Leona Avatar by: Savaii64
    Leona Picture by: .Cobra

"A few people in the scene know how to work on sticks."
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Sacred stones is actually challenging if you go hard and don't grind (and go Ephraim's route).

If you need a hard FE play Thracia 776 or Conquest.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • BullDancerBullDancer Mentos, The Freshmaker Joined: Posts: 9,426
    r00ster22 wrote: »

Sacred Stones is beyond easy and was the FE that ruined the future ones for me because it introduced JRPG style grinding into my strategy game. It was strategy to power up my characters while trying to get the most efficient map victories. Now that you can separate both and rice up lower level characters it loses its edge. The first FE #7 I think with Eliwood, Lyn and Hector isn't that easy if you play it on hardest difficulty and is my favorite FE that I have played yet. It is certainly the hardest I have played out of the English ones. The GC and Wii FE made an ok compromise with me in the after map bonus EXP. I would have liked to see it lowered by quite a bit, but at least I didn't have to grind it felt more like it was part of the game at least.
    Bious wrote: »
    Sacred stones is actually challenging if you go hard and don't grind (and go Ephraim's route).

I don't like having to artificially make a game hard. The Japanese ones on the SNES are fucking merciless and it unfortunately set the bar for how hard I want the games to be. Being able to grind through is stupid.
    "Rock abandoned Neesa there like you were gonna abandon your son and wife and live alone with your TV"~Akuma-HAX
  • Shinkuu TatsumakiShinkuu Tatsumaki Joined: Posts: 6,905
    I've only finished the DS remakes of shadow dragon and new mystery. Tbh playing them on lunatic was kind of annoying, especially trying for no deaths. I like a challenge, but all it is is just keeping track of your unit placements so they don't die the next turn, otherwise you have to start all over. I should have just played it on the normal difficulty for the story and meet the units.

I messed with Genealogy on my phone during a flight, but I will probably get to it and play it on my pc some other time. It seems pretty epic, and it would be great if there was a modern day srpg of this size.

Never finished Lyn's game because every time I started I end up forgetting to finish it and end up losing my saves.

I don't like having to artificially make a game hard. The Japanese ones on the SNES are fucking merciless and it unfortunately set the bar for how hard I want the games to be. Being able to grind through is stupid.

It's not even artificially making it harder. The grind tower was put in for people who wanted to grind. If you use it it's basically admitting the game is hard and you need help.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    edited October 12

If I want a decent challenge in an RPG, I just don't grind. If a game is well made enough, you should be able to get through the game without any sort of grinding.

Complaining about challenge while grinding and playing on normal difficulty (which I hope isn't included in your "artificial difficulty") seems kinda silly to me. What, do you grind to max level, demolish an early boss then go like "Bah! This game is such a joke, why can't this boss fight my over-leveled characters!?" :lol:

• po pimpuspo pimpus Let's Hit the Climax! Joined: Posts: 25,813
    edited October 13
    Conquest is the only actually challenging FE since Radiant Dawn.

Everything else has just been "LOL Ambush spawns", or literally cheating like Awakening's Lunatic+ giving trash mobs ridiculous endgame skills like Miracle and Vantage and having them proc all the time.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
  • EphidelEphidel Old Man SRK Joined: Posts: 14,908 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    edited October 13

For FE7, it depends. Are you trying to S rank HHM? Or, are you just playing the game casually and don't care about gains and losses? HHM is a different animal within itself, but obtaining an S rank here definitely requires a bit of strategy and RNG manipulation. HHM Genesis is a EXTREMELY difficult chapter for most players, once the boss leaves it's open season on your entire army. You only have like 5 turns to prepare for the onslaught, it's fucking retarded.

FE8 is pretty easy just like everyone said, the whole 0% growths playthroughs you see on youtube started with this game. I believe the Towers/Ruins were added to explore content outside of the game, and the reason for this is because the game features a map system where you can go virtually anywhere. This also creates the dilemma on how the player should build their army, for example, the character Lute. Mage Knight Lute is best suited for ingame, but Sage Lute is best for CC.
    Sacred stones is actually challenging if you go hard and don't grind (and go Ephraim's route)

Nah FE:SS is still too easy, even on Ephraim route hard. The problem is that Seth is not even considered a Jaigen archtype with his solid growths, so there is no opportunity cost if you use him. The game can turn Paladin heavy where 8 movement slides for half of your army comes really in handy, in addition to that, the mains are mounted and have solid supporting options (every FE Lord does). It becomes too easy after that, the maps are nowhere near as aggravating as they were in 6 or 7 too.

Conquest is....challenging. I don't think it ranks up there with Thracia 776 or FE6 Hard Mode though. I liked Birthright much more now that I think about it, imo it contained better weapons and characters I like.
    Fightcade: Ephidel
    Steam: Ephidel

Birthright has better characters, but my God, do they do some stupid ass shit...

Thracia 776 is a crucible though... I don't think things will ever get that tough ever again.
    "Capcom should listen to their fans... Mega Man is a cool character." -2048 President Elect Kevin at Age 10
    edited October 13
    776 is debatable, but the only thing hard about FE6 hard mode is 5-staring all rankings.

Most Bullshit FE is still and will always be Awakening Lunatic+. If I have to restart at the prep screen cause some jackass hammer fighter randomly has Luna+, you did a bad job designing your game mode.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    edited October 13
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Damn, started playing Echoes again and after making sure to keep everyone alive in missions Claire just fucking murdered Grey in their B support.

No way he coming back from that.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."
    -Stephen Fry

"I know crackheads that could sneak into a house better than an 8th century shinobi."
    -Jimmy1200
    Sigurd! About fucking time.
    Damn Dierdre milfy asf.... unfortunately I don't really need any of them. Gonna save orbs til final days.
    edited October 13
    Oh shit I didn't even notice but they got Ayra in there too.
    Damn Dierdre milfy asf.... unfortunately I don't really need any of them. Gonna save orbs til final days.

I would try for Sigurd at the least. Dude is gonna be a mage murderer.
    Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    I'll think about it. Still need to get a p azura. And then I rather get a Dierdre before a Sigurd. I mainly play infantry teams cuz I think they are more fun. I use cav/flier teams for AA and stuff only.
    So far I've been pity broken by 2 Iniagos and a Julia, this banner really don't want me to have p Azura.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
    Iduno wrote: »
    So far I've been pity broken by 2 Iniagos and a Julia, this banner really don't want me to have p Azura.

Give me one of your Indigo's :(
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    edited October 13
    Fuck this vote Gauntlet. My F Corrin side won two times (barely against A Tiki) and now she's getting raped by the OG Dragon waifu Ninian.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Could be worse, started off team Nowi, lost first round thinking "At least I can go with OG Tiki round 2 if Nowi loses, no way she's losing to M Corrin".

Fuck.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
    Could be even worse, you could have been team Lyn on Lyn vs Camilla.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    I went Lucina for that one. :coffee:
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
    I went Hector :coffee:
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    So I got 5 orbs again and go to try and pull Indigo again...

I PULL ANOTHER AXEURA.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    Soooo Team Corrin may win this thanks to an 11th hour upset.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    How y'all gonna lose to people with no shoes and the deductive reasoning of a hamster?

No, wait... the hamster has more awareness.
    edited October 15
    I'm on Team Female Corrin bud. If this goes right we bout to kill Ninian worse than Eliwood did.

Edit: Fuck.
    Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
    I would say the dream is dead but mine were since the end of round 1.
    -Stephen Fry

-Jimmy1200
    edited October 16
    New unit stats:
    https://m.imgur.com/a/Wzkg2

Valflame: [Weapon] At start of turn, all foes in cardinal directions with Res 1 or more lower than unit suffer Atk/Res-4 until the end of foe's next action.

Also has a skill that restores 10HP to him every turn.

So yeah, Arvis is good... but Ayra?

Ayra's Blade: Grants Spd+3. If unit's Spd - foe's Spd ≥ 1, gain\nSpecial cooldown charge +1 per attack. (If similar\nskill also used, only highest value applied.)

Regnal Astra
    Boosts damage dealt by 40% of unit's Spd.(Skill cannot be inherited.)

And she's a TT award.
    Post edited by Bious on
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░
  • angelpalmangelpalm Stop enjoying things Joined: Posts: 24,130 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Cool now I can actually get another good unit since I wasted all my orbs on trash ass dupes.
    Mains:
    Blazpoo -Continual Shit: Tiddy Witch
    Crapcom Big foot Sex simulator V - Pc muscle mod edition: That dude that slaps his ass.
    Aggressors of Koliseum Kombat: Kisarah
    Rapelay: Kimura
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/19/opinion/alt-right-white-supremacy-undercover.html?smid=tw-share
    http://helloracist.com/
    So yeah Sigurd is strong as hell.
    ░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█▀▀▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░▄█████▄▄█▄░░░░
    ░░░░░▄▄▄▀██████▄▄██░░░░
    ░▄████████▀▀▀▄▀░░░░
    ██████░▀▀█▄░░░█▄░░░░
    ░▀▀▀▀█▄▄▀░██████▄░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░