The NEW Official Arcade Stick Art Thread NO IMAGE QUOTING!

Comments

• Tumbas De SalTumbas De Sal Entre Oceanos De Oro.... Joined: Posts: 4
    hello everyone, I've been reading the forums for a few days now trying to find some artwork for my madcatz wwe brawlstick but I havent decided yet on the artwork. I was thinking of using some artwork that I found that features morrigan but I dont know if it will fit my stick since the template is for the madcatz SFIV TE fightstickmorrigani.png
    ·
  • DonkeyBlonkeyDonkeyBlonkey Part-Time Warrior/Soldier! Joined: Posts: 1,409 ✭✭
    hello everyone, I've been reading the forums for a few days now trying to find some artwork for my madcatz wwe brawlstick but I havent decided yet on the artwork. I was thinking of using some artwork that I found that features morrigan but I dont know if it will fit my stick since the template is for the madcatz SFIV TE fightstick

Well for sure it's not going to fit on the Brawl Stick.

You could use Gimp or Photoshop to find that same wallpaper of Morrigan then slap it on an SE template.
    Bond: Vodka Martini.
    Bartender: Shaken or Stirred?
    Bond: Does it look like I give a damn?
    ·
  • damaja787damaja787 Joined: Posts: 2
    made this dee jay for my friend
    deejaye.jpg
    ·
  • Tumbas De SalTumbas De Sal Entre Oceanos De Oro.... Joined: Posts: 4
    Well for sure it's not going to fit on the Brawl Stick.

You could use Gimp or Photoshop to find that same wallpaper of Morrigan then slap it on an SE template.

ok, thank you very much. I'll try that. Where can I find the SE template?
    ·
  • ExandExand Watching Joined: Posts: 231
    ok, thank you very much. I'll try that. Where can I find the SE template?
    First page / post of this thread.
    Currently Playing:
    SSF4 AE | Dota2
    ·
  • Dr. FaustDr. Faust Charging all day long Joined: Posts: 567
    Hey guys. anyone here got any links to some good and typical brushes and fonts for arcade sticks. Stuff like the "Type-A/Type-B" fonts and strips and stuff like that.
    Steam: J4Dustloop
    Ultra: Vega(Claw), Sub:Dhalsim
    GG:Axl
    KOFXIII: Beni, Ash, Leona
    SSB4:Lil Mac, Robin, Toon Link
    Watch live video from j4dustloop on www.twitch.tv
    ·
  • AurohraloraAurohralora Joined: Posts: 5
    So, my question didn't get answered, so I'll ask again. For the button labels, X, O, Triangle, Square, L2, etc. What should be a safe distance for placing them outside of the button circles on templates without having to worry that when I pop the buttons in, it will cover them up?
    ·
  • Drop OneDrop One Accepting limited commissions Joined: Posts: 425
    you would have to put them very close to have them covered up but that small button lip. give it like 1mm to be safe i guess?
    ·
  • peterthepicklepeterthepickle Joined: Posts: 8
    Hello everyone! First time poster here, but I've been into fighting games for as long as I can remember... recently, I bought an SE to improve my game and I figured I would mod it.. I'm a beginner when it comes to stuff like this, but I would appreciate any feedback/criticism! I need it, heh. Thanks!

hGM3VkL.jpg
    ·
  • lolmarklolmark Joined: Posts: 204
    Does anybody have the Etokki v.3 template? The file on the etokki site doesn't with Gimp. Thanks.
    ·
  • TheLoneWolfTheLoneWolf Joined: Posts: 4
    Just a quick question. I'd like to start making my own stick art, but can't seem to find any high-res pieces to work off of. Everything I've read says never to stretch the art to fit so...where do you guys find good artwork and/or background to use from?
    ·
  • stevestevensonstevestevenson Joined: Posts: 173
    Just a quick question. I'd like to start making my own stick art, but can't seem to find any high-res pieces to work off of. Everything I've read says never to stretch the art to fit so...where do you guys find good artwork and/or background to use from?
    use the search tools in Google image search to show only large images. you will probably still need to expand things a bit, just dont go overboard.
    ·
  • d3vd3v Slide Grab Gyakunitaku Kick Joined: Posts: 27,862 mod
    Draft of what will likely be the new art on OmG_iTz_Andre's TE.
    TE-Full-Panel-Template_OmG-iTz-Andre-3.jpg

Surprisingly, this time we're dropping any mentions of "Swag" on the stick.
    ·
  • ukyo_rulzukyo_rulz Joined: Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭✭
    HI'm a beginner when it comes to stuff like this, but I would appreciate any feedback/criticism! I need it, heh. Thanks!

For the center image, you could probably get someone to remove that "DVD Video" logo and the "5" as well if you wanted. There's an image modification thread over at 4chan where they take simple requests like that, or you could ask someone on this thread. Or you could do it yourself.
    "Being degrading or insulting is not the same as being hype." - Mike Z
    ·
  • peterthepicklepeterthepickle Joined: Posts: 8
    Ahh, yeah.. that picture's a scanned DVD cover, heh. I guess I was so concerned with the placement of the pictures that I kind of glossed over those... I'll look into cleaning that center picture up. Thanks for the help!
    ·
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    Is there a template for the Hori DOA5 stick? It looks like the Hori Soul Calibur V stick, but the button placement appears to be different...
    My Buy/Sell/Trade Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174629/wts-360-ps3-hrap-3-buttons-ball-tops/p1
    Currently selling: Used Hori HRAP 4 Kais for PS3/PS4 (Very Good Condition) - $140 shipped
    ·
  • RyukyuRyukyu Joined: Posts: 5
    Any chance anyone has the Hori Sould Calibur V template? i want to try a few art pieces and see where the button, stick, etc line upso a .psd would be helpful, thanks in advance to anyone who has the time.

R/s
    Ryukyu
    ·
  • SmokeMaxXSmokeMaxX T.O. of A.R.K. Joined: Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    Any chance anyone has the Hori Sould Calibur V template? i want to try a few art pieces and see where the button, stick, etc line upso a .psd would be helpful, thanks in advance to anyone who has the time.

R/s
    Ryukyu
    That's on the first post near the bottom. The Hori DOA5 template is not...
    My Buy/Sell/Trade Thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/174629/wts-360-ps3-hrap-3-buttons-ball-tops/p1
    Currently selling: Used Hori HRAP 4 Kais for PS3/PS4 (Very Good Condition) - $140 shipped
    ·
  • RyukyuRyukyu Joined: Posts: 5
    Thank you, didn't see the one at the bottom at first glance, only saw the grouped hori templates at mid at first, but i have it now! appreciate it! :)
    ·
  • monkeyMixmonkeyMix LVL:1 HP:999 MP:999 Joined: Posts: 46
    I just finished some artwork for myself using d3v's SE template, what do you guys thinkmFbp2vI.jpg?
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dante, Doctor Doom, Spencer/Magneto
    SFIV: Guile, Seth
    SFxTK: Hwoarang, Lili
    PSN: DavidXHa

Lili so S-Tier
    ·
  • GlitchGlitch Kill'em All Johnny Joined: Posts: 204
    I just finished some artwork for myself using d3v's SE template, what do you guys think?
    looking good. The image isnt too covered up by the button placements and the major parts of the image are actually shown too, so all in all pretty good.
    ever seen fire in zero gravity, it's like liquid...slides all over everything..comes with the waves...wave after wave..it's beautiful
    ·
  • GalthrojhGalthrojh Joined: Posts: 184
    Dun really like that BG. It's kinda unclean? Or too rough. Maybe this?
    http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/401028
    ·
  • InknailInknail alert the lame police Joined: Posts: 178
    I just finished some artwork for myself using d3v's SE template, what do you guys think?
    I like its simplicity. My only issue at first glance is that the Zero image could use a little cleaning up if possible, just removing the remaining visible white areas that remain around some of his hair and saber. Honestly, the saber part might take a bit of fiddling, since it's glow gives it a bit of a difficult shape and color to work with for cutting it from a white background, someone on here probably knows better than me how to work with that, but I would probably put your Zero image with transparency over a plain red background, zoom in, and play around with getting it how you like it.
    ·
    Thanks for feedback, Galthrojh, do you have a background that you think would work with this art? if you do, I would really appreciate it.

Lili so S-Tier
    ·
    Thanks for feedback, Galthrojh, do you have a background that you think would work with this art? if you do, I would really appreciate it.
    Honestly man I know very little about Megaman, so I just googled that hi-res image of a Zero background in my last post. There might be some quick photoshop tutorials around on working with gradients and whatnot. It's not bad what you've got, I just think it could be cleaner. No offense meant at all :)

Gimme five minutes though and I'll try to scratch something simple together.
    ·
    Honestly man I know very little about Megaman, so I just googled that hi-res image of a Zero background in my last post. There might be some quick photoshop tutorials around on working with gradients and whatnot. It's not bad what you've got, I just think it could be cleaner. No offense meant at all :)

Gimme five minutes though and I'll try to scratch something simple together.
    Your willing to make something for me? Wow thanks!

Lili so S-Tier
    ·
    Your willing to make something for me? Wow thanks!
    maverickhunterzeron.jpg
    Sorry man. I really don't know much about Megaman. And the stuff I put together is pretty basic (not that versed in image editing) I'm tired though, and I'll try to find a better image to go on top of the BG tomorrow. The link is up a couple posts though if you wanna download it. If I find something better to put on this image tomorrow I'll link it to you or something.

Edit: Yeah. Thank top image art doesn't match. I'll look for something in the next day :3 Or with clear buttons and that awesome BG, you could do without it altogether ;)
    ·
    Sorry man. I really don't know much about Megaman. And the stuff I put together is pretty basic (not that versed in image editing) I'm tired though, and I'll try to find a better image to go on top of the BG tomorrow. The link is up a couple posts though if you wanna download it. If I find something better to put on this image tomorrow I'll link it to you or something.

Edit: Yeah. Thank top image art doesn't match. I'll look for something in the next day :3 Or with clear buttons and that awesome BG, you could do without it altogether ;)
    Thanks, if it's too much work and stress for you, it's fine if you don't wanna do it. I would really like it if you could find a background that I could put under the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Zero kind of like what I did before. Thanks!

Lili so S-Tier
    ·
    Ahhh. So that's how I find that version of Zero. I shall try!
    ·
    Tried it out again with just a dark red background, tell me what you think!Ahv96TA.jpg

Lili so S-Tier
    ·
    Ahhh. So that's how I find that version of Zero. I shall try!
    Yeah, if you just search "ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 zero high res" you can find it. It's the one that's 5312x1515

Lili so S-Tier
    ·
    Yeah, if you just search "ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 zero high res" you can find it. It's the one that's 5312x1515
    I can send you this if you want it. I know it's kinda cheesy.
    maverickhunterzero.jpg
    I tried it with a couple of the umvc3 ones but it didn't really match up :( Sorry bud.
    ·
    I can send you this if you want it. I know it's kinda cheesy.

I tried it with a couple of the umvc3 ones but it didn't really match up :( Sorry bud.

The thing is, is that the buttons cover up a lot of the picture and I was planning to get Sanwa buttons that aren't transparent. I think i'll use my template, thanks for all the help. Do you think using the template with the dark red background would be okay?

Lili so S-Tier
    ·
    Persona 4 Golden Yukiko Artwork for a friend.

I just love the P4 art style and wanted a go at it. I tried to find the signature colorful P4 Rainbow stripe but I just ended up making my own.

EDIT: Friend wanted "Priestess" changed to "Princess". Princess Amagidyne
    2h4lv7t.jpg
    ·
  • SofaduelSofaduel Joined: Posts: 11
    Made this one based off the anime Chuunibyou. d3v's templates are amazing. ^-^ It's not for anyone; I just got inspired. Any opinions?
    Chuu2stick_zps82510394.jpg?t=1359938533
    UMvC3: Phoenix Wright, Sentinel, and Dormammu.
    SSFIV: AE: Dan
    Divekick: Kenny
    ·
  • deathzerozxdeathzerozx CLOUDWALKER Joined: Posts: 1,666
    Made this one based off the anime Chuunibyou. d3v's templates are amazing. ^-^ It's not for anyone; I just got inspired. Any opinions?
    That template's real estate is very limited around the buttons so that image will look horrible the way it's positioned. I would try flipping the image and rotating it so that the characters are facing up and to the right.
    ·
  • vdfritzvdfritz Joined: Posts: 2
    i'll be giving my custom stick a new much smaller and much lighter case (and much thinner, main objective here)
    no room even for those connecting things for the buttons (seimitsu screw in), it'll be all soldered together

so with that, a new art!
    artarcade27.jpg
    ·
    Persona 4 Golden Yukiko Artwork for a friend.

I just love the P4 art style and wanted a go at it. I tried to find the signature colorful P4 Rainbow stripe but I just ended up making my own.

EDIT: Friend wanted "Priestess" changed to "Princess". Princess Amagidyne

I think it looks rather official (compliment), though I'm not too familiar with the Persona franchise.
    That template's real estate is very limited around the buttons so that image will look horrible the way it's positioned. I would try flipping the image and rotating it so that the characters are facing up and to the right.

I definitely get what you're saying now that I think about it. Since it wasn't for anyone, I didn't think too deeply about the buttons, but you're right.
    Do you think using the template with the dark red background would be okay?

I don't see why not. It looks good enough to me (albeit simple, which isn't a bad thing). I kinda like the one you put up first (mainly the vertical red/dark red stripes behind Zero). Ultimately, it's your stick, and your preference.
    ·
    I think it looks rather official (compliment), though I'm not too familiar with the Persona franchise.

Thank you ^_^
    ·
  • deathzerozxdeathzerozx CLOUDWALKER Joined: Posts: 1,666
    I would have loved to see clear buttons and bubble top on there... still really cool design though
    ·
    I would have loved to see clear buttons and bubble top on there... still really cool design though

I agree.

LED's would have probably set it to another level of badass.
    ·
  • OrehRatiugOrehRatiug Joined: Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    Since I have a cheap SE coming in I thought I'd take a shot, thoughts?
    5lgDAAB.jpg
    ·
  • kingof09erskingof09ers Joined: Posts: 33
    Matt C. said:

R6Xc3.jpg O.K. I can't stop , messing with it. Been getting some inspiration and instruction from you guys, thanks. Does anybody know if there are specific colors in photo shop to match the sanwa buttons that typhoon01 is hooking me up with? I can't wait for this stick to get here now! *For whatever reason the jpg file always looks brighter than the psd does. whats up with that?

is there any way you could upload this in a te template?
    ·
    Made a Phoenix Wright one and a Doom one. The former is kinda basic, but I like it well enough.
    ·
  • TenmarangerTenmaranger Henshin! Joined: Posts: 24
    I made some fightstick art for Valentine.

valentinestick_zpsb25d1922.png
    Not a pro just a dedicated amateur.

Follow me on Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/leolikespizza
    ·
  • lastravenlastraven Joined: Posts: 11
    Finished a new akuma design

akuma_zps08525b47.jpg
    akuma_stick_zps3b788cc8.jpg
    My completed design / stick gallery <a href="http://s1279.beta.photobucket.com/user/csegnitz/library/Designs" /a>
    ·
  • wigsplitterwigsplitter Joined: Posts: 130
    edited February 2013
    does anyone have this pds? I know I saw it here before but I have been looking for the last 45min trying to find it. I just got the Nubytech stick ( Im about to put a PS360 pcb in it) and would love to put this pic on it.

thanks in advance.

Never mind I found one very close to this.

IMG_4439.jpg
    Post edited by wigsplitter on
    ·