The NEW Official Arcade Stick Art Thread NO IMAGE QUOTING!

Comments

• chaoticmicahchaoticmicah Metsu Shoryuken Master! Joined: Posts: 80
    Just thought I throw this on here
    ed1874390d8e91c1be590a7cb168787ea947c982.jpg
    ·
  • BoneSaw1BoneSaw1 Now Taking Commissions Apon Request Joined: Posts: 357 ✭✭
    Here is a stick i just finished up for a client
    MadCatz_SEScottPillFinalrs_zps05573f11.jpg
    IMAG0062_zps446cfb58.jpg
    Commissions Available On Request
    Cobra Templates is now open
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/cobra-templates-now-open.164911/
    ·
  • monkeyMixmonkeyMix LVL:1 HP:999 MP:999 Joined: Posts: 46
    edited February 2013
    I was just wondering what the difference between the Original Madcatz SE Template and d3v's Madcatz SE Template?
    Post edited by monkeyMix on
    UMvC3: Magneto/Dante, Doctor Doom, Spencer/Magneto
    SFIV: Guile, Seth
    SFxTK: Hwoarang, Lili
    PSN: DavidXHa

Lili so S-Tier
    ·
  • KaboXxKaboXx Soon2bKoopaKing Joined: Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    D3v made some tweaks to the template to make it more accurate, since the original template was off a bit.
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
    ·
  • HyperGadokenHyperGadoken Disciple of the Saikyō-ryū Style Joined: Posts: 64
    @Bonesaw ; Do you know who made that 8 Ball Balltop?
    ·
  • BoneSaw1BoneSaw1 Now Taking Commissions Apon Request Joined: Posts: 357 ✭✭
    I do not sorry
    Commissions Available On Request
    Cobra Templates is now open
    http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/cobra-templates-now-open.164911/
    ·
  • ChaoticMonkChaoticMonk Shut The Front Door Joined: Posts: 888 ✭✭
    Hey all. Trying to put together a simple gouken template for a hori SCV. It'll have clear with black plunger sanwas and clear balltop so was trying to keep it simple/sleek

Any input would be greatly appreciated :)
    ·
  • Domo is specialDomo is special Joined: Posts: 12
    edited February 2013

Just finished the art i'm putting on my eightarc :p

Post edited by Domo is special on
    ·
  • peterthepicklepeterthepickle Joined: Posts: 8
    edited February 2013

Hey everyone! I just finished a theme based on the lovable prinnies from the Disgaea series... what do you all think of it?

Edit: I think the slight blurriness was caused by the place I used to upload this theme... so it's not a big deal.

Post edited by peterthepickle on
    ·
  • kitsunisankitsunisan I need alcohol Joined: Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    It looks like one of the ball tops from Paradise Arcade.
    Yup, just checked, Paradise has them. Now I remember why I didn't order one from them, shipping costs as much as the item itself, need to hold out for a larger order.
    Post edited by kitsunisan on
    DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES. THANK YOU - The Community
    ·
  • RyukyuRyukyu Joined: Posts: 5
    appreciate all the help my stick is completed now,

·
  • akthamaktham Big Boss Joined: Posts: 453
    I'm going to buy a second control panel for my viewlix. I'll make current control panel into the "silent version" with silent sticks and buttons for the late night sessions. I have an idea for the art that I would like to use for the second. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask (if somebody could point me in the right direction), but I'd like somebody to create the artwork for me please. I would like it to look like the Sega New Net City control panel in the picture below.

·
  • SofaduelSofaduel Joined: Posts: 11
    edited February 2013
    aktham said:
    I'm going to buy a second control panel for my viewlix. I'll make current control panel into the "silent version" with silent sticks and buttons for the late night sessions. I have an idea for the art that I would like to use for the second. I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask (if somebody could point me in the right direction), but I'd like somebody to create the artwork for me please. I would like it to look like the Sega New Net City control panel in the picture below.
    d3v's got ya covered. http://www.d3vlicious.com/arcade-stick-art/2011/3/6/sega-new-net-city-lookalike.html
    And I believe there's a separate thread for requests.
    Post edited by Sofaduel on
    UMvC3: Phoenix Wright, Sentinel, and Dormammu.
    SSFIV: AE: Dan
    Divekick: Kenny
    ·
  • GenericasterGenericaster Stupid Newbie Joined: Posts: 30
    Latest request work...

(KILL CASSHERN EAT CASSHERN)
    ^(SCV TE)
    That looks friggin' awesome, and I like how it coordinates with that particular TE's side panels.
    ·
  • bpunkbpunk Joined: Posts: 20
    edited February 2013
    This is a piece I just finished for a madcatz soul 5 fightstick.
    Post edited by bpunk on
    ·
  • KaboXxKaboXx Soon2bKoopaKing Joined: Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    @deathzerozx That casshern template sexy!!
    3ds Fc-3797-6411-3706
    My Gallery and works!
    http://kaboxx.deviantart.com/
    ·
  • genigeni Joined: Posts: 198
    hey for anyone who is skilled in making stick art, i will pay them to help create something for me
    ·
    geni said:
    hey for anyone who is skilled in making stick art, i will pay them to help create something for me
    There's a separate thread for requests.
    ·
  • Kid DizzyKid Dizzy i'm a nub Joined: Posts: 135
    Sofaduel said:
    geni said:
    could you direct me to this thread? @_@. I can't find anything on this new version of srk...
    DizzyDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~! ATL HO!

UMVC3: Zero/Vergil/Hawkeye
    ·
  • chuuchuu Fan of the female form Joined: Posts: 3,492
    Kid Dizzy said:
    Sofaduel said:
    geni said:
    could you direct me to this thread? @_@. I can't find anything on this new version of srk...
    http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/54180/the-stick-art-request-thread-read-the-op/p53
    ·
    Made this for a client. 
    ·
  • chuuchuu Fan of the female form Joined: Posts: 3,492
  • PatbackPatback Joined: Posts: 4
  • Ikagi-chanIkagi-chan Loves his HRAP2SA! <3 Joined: Posts: 1,963
    I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to ask, but I figured if not, then someone can redirect me or tell me to post a new thread. 

I've actually got a question regarding the printing process and material that art gets printed on.  Does anyone know the process that Mad Catz and Hori use for getting their artwork on their sticks?  I'm specifically thinking about how art gets printed and placed on the Mad Catz Tournament Edition sticks and the older Hori Real Arcade Pro sticks (the ones that came before the V3 and VX), and to be even more specific than that, the kind of art you'd find on this older Hori Fighting Stick design.

For those that don't know, the artwork that's on these sticks feels almost like it's a plastic.  I don't even know if it's a method of printing that's even accessible to the general public.  Anyone able to shed some light on this or able to suggest a durable alternative?
    ·
  • .Cobra.Cobra Winds Of Madness Joined: Posts: 2,553
    Art from Tek-Innovations is the closest i've had to something of that quality. Not sure about it though, I'd love to know myself.

PGFX Kiu, AKA "Wesker".
    ·
  • deathzerozxdeathzerozx CLOUDWALKER Joined: Posts: 1,666
    Ikagi-chan wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to ask, but I figured if not, then someone can redirect me or tell me to post a new thread. <br />
    I've actually got a question regarding the printing process and material that art gets printed on.  Does anyone know the process that Mad Catz and Hori use for getting their artwork on their sticks?  I'm specifically thinking about how art gets printed and placed on the Mad Catz Tournament Edition sticks and the older Hori Real Arcade Pro sticks (the ones that came before the V3 and VX), and to be even more specific than that, the kind of art you'd find on this older Hori Fighting Stick design.<br />
    For those that don't know, the artwork that's on these sticks feels almost like it's a plastic.  I don't even know if it's a method of printing that's even accessible to the general public.  Anyone able to shed some light on this or able to suggest a durable alternative?

They're printed on vinyl. Go to your local signs/printer shop but be prepared to spend some cash. They will need a cutting template as well. I was going to have a shop do it for me but they estimated about $50-60 and I decided its not worth it. Also, it's permanent and does not give you the endless possibilities that plexi glass allows.
    ·
  • Ikagi-chanIkagi-chan Loves his HRAP2SA! <3 Joined: Posts: 1,963
    They're printed on vinyl. Go to your local signs/printer shop but be prepared to spend some cash. They will need a cutting template as well. I was going to have a shop do it for me but they estimated about $50-60 and I decided its not worth it. Also, it's permanent and does not give you the endless possibilities that plexi glass allows.

Thanks for that info deathzero!  Wow, I knew it'd probably be more expensive, but I didn't expect it to be THAT expensive.  Egads!  D:
    ·
  • Neo0MJNeo0MJ You are a big fool! Joined: Posts: 330
    So, I've decided on a stick art, I just need to know wether to keep the phrase at the bottom right. What do you guys think?

·
    Heihachis head will be cut off. I'd adjust that image placement
    ·
    I

Actaully I'm not going to cut the turbo space, so Heihachi's face is safe.
    ·
    Oh ok. If you do keep the text, I would place it to the left of the corner screw hole either centered between kuma's foot and the screw hole or both screw holes on the bottom center and bottom right
    ·
  • RadiantRadiant Joined: Posts: 1
    I haven't been on these forums in 4 years (had to remake my account) but I'm finally getting around to modding my own stick.

Here is where I'm at currently with my template. It's for an SE stick.
    ?idl=713626319039&out=1

·
    Radiant wrote: »
    I haven't been on these forums in 4 years (had to remake my account) but I'm finally getting around to modding my own stick.

Here is where I'm at currently with my template. It's for an SE stick.

Wouldn't it be better to flip the art? Even though you can use clear parts I feel that it would look better if Chun Li is on the left.
    Oh ok. If you do keep the text, I would place it to the left of the corner screw hole either centered between kuma's foot and the screw hole or both screw holes on the bottom center and bottom right

Might do that. so, you think it looks better with the text?
    ·
  • DonkeyBlonkeyDonkeyBlonkey Part-Time Warrior/Soldier! Joined: Posts: 1,409 ✭✭
    Neo0MJ wrote: »
    I

Actaully I'm not going to cut the turbo space, so Heihachi's face is safe.

So what's the reason/alternative to why you are not going to use the turbo panel?

Bond: Vodka Martini.
    Bartender: Shaken or Stirred?
    Bond: Does it look like I give a damn?
    ·
  • JusticeJustice Joined: Posts: 46
    I was thinking of using this for my Q4 Kindvu Pink stick but I'm too afraid to take the stick apart to install it :'(

arthobbiesqanbatemplate.png
    ·
    edited March 2013
    Mother......
    Post edited by Justice on
    ·
    edited March 2013
    Not my night...
    ·
    edited March 2013
    Stoopid lag....
    ·
  • Karanja BroomfieldKaranja Broomfield Joined: Posts: 67
    edited March 2013
    Is anybody taking commissions right now or know of anybody taking commissions? I don't have a template, but I have pics I've Googled that I want to put into a theme. If anybody can help me out it much appreciated!
    Post edited by Karanja Broomfield on
    Typical yaard maan
    ·
    So what's the reason/alternative to why you are not going to use the turbo panel?

I messed up the turbo panel the first time I took my controller apart so there's no point in leaving a turbo panel that can't be used. Plus now I have more space for art!
    ·
    Is anybody taking commissions right now or know of anybody taking commissions? I don't have a template, but I have pics I've Googled that I want to put into a theme. If anybody can help me out it much appreciated!
    I'm far from the best but always willing to helps :D
    ·
  • TostakiwiTostakiwi Joined: Posts: 5
    Hi.

I'm looking for an art template for my madcatz fightpad Street Fighter X Tekken.
    There is this thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/109309?threads/tutorial-how-to-mod-a-madcatz-fightpad-internal-external-mods.109309/ but the SFxTK is smaller than the original fightpad.

Any help ? Thx.
    ·
    Tostakiwi wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm looking for an art template for my madcatz fightpad Street Fighter X Tekken.
    There is this thread: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/109309?threads/tutorial-how-to-mod-a-madcatz-fightpad-internal-external-mods.109309/ but the SFxTK is smaller than the original fightpad.

Any help ? Thx.

Tek Innovation should have a PS temp. for it.

http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/index.cfm?loc=about&sub=templates
    ·
  • TostakiwiTostakiwi Joined: Posts: 5
    I don't see anything here.
    ·
    Tostakiwi wrote: »
    I don't see anything here.

Isn't this what you were looking for? They have several templetes so find the one that fits your stick.

NEW Madcatz Street Fight x Tekken V.S. and Pro Templates
    SFxT V.S. Top Panel Template
    SFxT V.S. Bottom Regular Panel Template
    SFxT V.S. Bottom Full Panel Template
    SFxT V.S. Side and Back Panel Template

SFxT Pro Top Panel Template
    SFxT Pro Bottom Regular Panel Template
    SFxT Pro Bottom Full Panel Template

All of these are in the link. Unless you mean you were looking for art.
    ·
  • GraymalkinGraymalkin Staggeringly tedious Joined: Posts: 634 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Neo0MJ wrote: »
    Isn't this what you were looking for? They have several templates so find the one that fits your stick...

He's looking for the SFxTK fightpad (and, as a result, I'm afraid I have no idea where a template might be)...

Post edited by Graymalkin on
    USFIV - Rose | UraGraymalkin | Mitsurugi - SCV
    "So I broke into the palace, with a sponge and a rusty spanner..."
    ·
    Graymalkin wrote: »
    He's looking for the SFxTK fightpad (and, as a result, I'm afraid I have no idea where a template might be)...

Oh, damn. I never noticed that! Yeah, I have no idea how to help with that.
    ·
  • NerdsterNerdster Joined: Posts: 4
    Is there a print template floating around for the HORI Fighting Stick VX? I didn't seem to find one on the first page or Art's website. It's the Microsoft stick with the 6 button layout and the Start, Select & Mode button up top by the Home button.
    ·
  • InknailInknail alert the lame police Joined: Posts: 175
    Nerdster wrote: »
    Is there a print template floating around for the HORI Fighting Stick VX? I didn't seem to find one on the first page or Art's website. It's the Microsoft stick with the 6 button layout and the Start, Select & Mode button up top by the Home button.
    There used to be a template and plexi offered for this purpose, but it was through The Game Surgeons, which I believe is presently down (even their website is gone). You just reminded me though, I still have a .psd file for their template. Should work with the HORI VX and V3 (for 360 and PS3, respectively) controllers. I can probably email you the template if you would like. Someone in this thread might be able to help with the details of appending art to this stick.

Well, I've been itching to work with this concept again and have a new stick for it. Thanks to D3vlicious for the template.
    ddt7c.png

Any advice would be appreciated.
    ·