The NEW Official Arcade Stick Art Thread NO IMAGE QUOTING!

1232233234235236238»

Comments

• CuraeLCuraeL Cherry Blossom Blizzard Joined: Posts: 100
    Dp_May_Cry wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply! I really appreciate the weight of paper and the description you gave, thank you very much for that. I'll have definitely take a look around, especially now that I kind of have an idea of what to look for. Btw, sorry if this is a dumb question, but what's a plotter?

Haha, you're welcome man.

maxresdefault.jpg

That's a "plotter", a high grade printer that uses the CMYK color space. It uses small blobs of hardened paint it heats up. As you can see it uses media on rolls and can print massive sizes. :) But you use A2 and A3 as well, on them. :)

colorwavepearls_orig_large.jpg

I've made my fair share of free artwork - you want, you pay.
    Nothing in this world is free.

SChHzIg.png
  • AtLaS808AtLaS808 A tiger keeps always his stripes ! Joined: Posts: 164
    hello,here is a commission for @hunter88 printed and installed :)

058cfa-1486725752.jpg
    fOXXXFG.png
    PSN : AtLaS808
    Fightsticks Arts,LogoGamer & PS4 Skins.
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Available for Commissions just send me a PM.
    Some of my work
    My Time Zone : GMT+00
  • schteveturboschteveturbo Joined: Posts: 1
    edited February 24
    Just had this delivered today from Arts Hobbies :)

C5Ymk_lWYAI0LEM.jpg

• OkinaSaruOkinaSaru Joined: Posts: 11
    OxgMFjzK.jpg
  • FoxBlazeFoxBlaze Lets get it. Joined: Posts: 64
    edited February 26
    One of my two recent commissions I've had

tumblr_ol4cervfLe1vln0cro1_1280.png

Unfortunately this one won't be used [or maybe it will] as the client for this scammed me of my service like a prick and got me in a bit of a bind on my paypal, but I won't get to much further into that.
    http://foxxcustoms.tumblr.com/
    I take commissions upon request so if interested, Feel free to Hit me up through a PM or contact me through my Email foxblaze2016@gmail.com.

PSN: xeroblazer
    Steam: Blazerken94
    Fightcade: Blazerken94
  • derukunderukun filthy fucking casual Joined: Posts: 449
    edited February 26
    Hey guys, haven't been here in a while but recently acquired a TES+ and wanting to change the artwork on it.

I whipped this up so far, but it feels lacking. Like it needs something more of substance. I was thinking maybe button/dustwasher border designs like on Vewlix/Hori stick art but open to any suggestions.

Here's what it looks like: SRaBXDFg.jpg

Edit: I decided to try using a more neutral colour as a background and using the yellow as an accent. Made some Vewlix style borders for the buttons and dustshaft. Here it is: S1phx18.jpg

Let me know if it still looks lacking. I think some nice effects on the borders would be nice, wondering how to get that sort of metallic looking sheen for the grey, if anyone knows how or has a tut, PM me :P
    Post edited by derukun on
    SFV Fighter ID - blackolives
  • z83420123z83420123 Joined: Posts: 1
    Aruil wrote: »
    First of all, hi to all.

I just finished my first try at making art for my raf4 and I would like to share, so I can benefit from an impartial point of view. Any advice and/or criticism is welcome.

aRLZ0Ah.jpg

I really love it ,could you offer razer atrox version?thanks.
  • ArabelArabel Joined: Posts: 3
    What's going on people? I'm looking to see if someone can help me with some artwork for my HRAP4. My request might be considered a complicated commission.
  • HFXHFX out of practice abel Joined: Posts: 4,729
    Its been YEARS since I last posted in SRK (my av might give some hints lol)

So all my life I've never modded the artwork of my stick, I'm looking for someone that can help me with one for my TE2+ and maybe also for my Qanba Eightarc Synthesis. Just wondering whats the common price range for a commission?
    Kanagawa/Malaysia - Team FRB Japan 2012 Til Infinity
    https://twitter.com/abelity_
    Arabel wrote: »
    What's going on people? I'm looking to see if someone can help me with some artwork for my HRAP4. My request might be considered a complicated commission.

pm sent.
    fOXXXFG.png
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
    HFX wrote: »
    Its been YEARS since I last posted in SRK (my av might give some hints lol)

So all my life I've never modded the artwork of my stick, I'm looking for someone that can help me with one for my TE2+ and maybe also for my Qanba Eightarc Synthesis. Just wondering whats the common price range for a commission?

pm sent.
    fOXXXFG.png
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 19,750
    I like that paused VHS tape feel to the image
    Never pay double the retail price
  • CuraeLCuraeL Cherry Blossom Blizzard Joined: Posts: 100
    edited March 9
    And the gold sanwa's finally came in from Japan along with the pink Seimitsu top. I replaced the screws with golden ones instead too. So the LINK and the buttons and the screws are now gold. I think it's finally done.
    Unfortunately one of the sanwas has scratches in the plunger. :( The plastic seal that's usually on top fell off in the bag they were in and I think the button hit something on the way here. Really unfortunate. :/ It was wrapped in a lot of bubblewrap so all I can think is that the connections on one of the other buttons has scratched it. I can't be arsed to order ONE button with shipping right now. Maybe some other time.

ei8QhpQ.jpg
    I've made my fair share of free artwork - you want, you pay.
    Nothing in this world is free.

SChHzIg.png
  • BaphomaybeBaphomaybe Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi everyone! I just got my TE2+ (After years of not having a stick) and it's so BEAUTIFUL....besides that stock Ryu art. I'm looking to commission some art for it. I kind of have an idea of what I want, but it might be rather vague....

I do have money tho! So if anyone is willing to help me out, pm me please!
    Baphomaybe wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I just got my TE2+ (After years of not having a stick) and it's so BEAUTIFUL....besides that stock Ryu art. I'm looking to commission some art for it. I kind of have an idea of what I want, but it might be rather vague....

I do have money tho! So if anyone is willing to help me out, pm me please!
    Pm sent

fOXXXFG.png
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
  • kazer64kazer64 Joined: Posts: 9
    edited March 11
    bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Onix_(Pok%C3%A9mon)Im gonna get a rap4 anyone able to make one with onix from pokemon on it maybe have some pokedex information on it to thank you so much.

If able can you also put the symbol next to each button
    Post edited by kazer64 on
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,375
    6a287592bce201d5b8b9c9bbf967b81b.png
    PSN: YukiJudai 100, Steam: SRKTT NNG | Bol Sadguy, NNID: Eren_Jaegerrr, Twitter: @BolSadguy
    Arcade Stick Modder in Ontario, Canada. Official stick modder of YUFGC. Sponsored player for Notice Niche Games.
    Current sticks: Yu Narukami TE2 (HBFS-G2, PS-14-DNK, Hayabusa), Hanayo Koizumi Atrox (PS-14-KN, PS-14-DNK, LS-56), Ryuko Matoi HRAP V3 Kai (OBSF-30, OBSF-24 JLF), Mami Tomoe TE (OBSF-30, OBSF-24, LS-40)
  • FoxBlazeFoxBlaze Lets get it. Joined: Posts: 64
    New piece done for a client recently. This one took a bit longer but I learned a couple of things along the way.
    tumblr_omx4wwpaaP1vln0cro1_1280.jpg
    http://foxxcustoms.tumblr.com/
    I take commissions upon request so if interested, Feel free to Hit me up through a PM or contact me through my Email foxblaze2016@gmail.com.

PSN: xeroblazer
    Steam: Blazerken94
    Fightcade: Blazerken94
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,375
    feb6c97556ac89a627b6378a159a807b.png
    PSN: YukiJudai 100, Steam: SRKTT NNG | Bol Sadguy, NNID: Eren_Jaegerrr, Twitter: @BolSadguy
    Arcade Stick Modder in Ontario, Canada. Official stick modder of YUFGC. Sponsored player for Notice Niche Games.
    Current sticks: Yu Narukami TE2 (HBFS-G2, PS-14-DNK, Hayabusa), Hanayo Koizumi Atrox (PS-14-KN, PS-14-DNK, LS-56), Ryuko Matoi HRAP V3 Kai (OBSF-30, OBSF-24 JLF), Mami Tomoe TE (OBSF-30, OBSF-24, LS-40)
  • genigeni Joined: Posts: 265
    for anyone in Right now that can do a Revising on a current artwork I have message me! i need something possible done by tonight
  • blankaexblankaex Joined: Posts: 53
    Threw this together the other day for a Makestick case. Dunno if the case will actually come, but would be nice if it did. Was thinking of doing outlines around the buttons and lever but I couldn't really make it look good so I left it as it is.

yhwlhQX.jpg
    @blankaex maybe a little blur effect on the background will make thing little bit smoother :)
    fOXXXFG.png
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
  • blankaexblankaex Joined: Posts: 53
    @AtLaS808 Not a bad idea. Wish I'd posted before I ordered lol.
    blankaex wrote: »
    @AtLaS808 Not a bad idea. Wish I'd posted before I ordered lol.
    lol ok man,next time.

fOXXXFG.png
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
  • airdoojieairdoojie Joined: Posts: 16
    Hey guys,

What can I do to make my art look less faded when installing it underneath the plexi? I'm thinking increasing contrast and saturation in photoshop prior to printing would make a difference. Maybe printing on gloss cardstock instead of matte? I'm not sure what to do.

Any suggestions or general advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,608
    airdoojie wrote: »
    Hey guys,

What can I do to make my art look less faded when installing it underneath the plexi? I'm thinking increasing contrast and saturation in photoshop prior to printing would make a difference. Maybe printing on gloss cardstock instead of matte? I'm not sure what to do.

Any suggestions or general advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

dont use card stock, dont even use glossy card stock. dont do laser color printing.

use photo inkjet printer, use photo paper (epson or canon are good brands), glossy if you're being economical, luster if you wanna ball out (looks nice, i do luster on some of mine)

if curious, I have examples of photo paper under plexi prints on my tumblr

it is pricier, but looks better in the long run, if you have access to most consumer 10-color printers, they (canon, epson) usually have inks that are said to be "non fading, non yellowing" or "archival quality", I have art on sticks that have been on the stick for years and it hasn't faded/yellowed so far.
  • airdoojieairdoojie Joined: Posts: 16
    @hibachifinal Thanks for your insightful and informative input. I checked your tumblr page out (very impressive work, by the way!) and you are absolutely right about using photo paper over cardstock. The artwork pops a lot more and definitely presents a higher quality feel.

• STKSTK In...infinite Imagination! Joined: Posts: 310
    @hibachifinal Is this a Noir layout on a mad catz fightstick pro? If so how did you get that button layout and stick placment and how did you get a fanta stick to fit??

http://hibachicandy.tumblr.com/image/148678444532
    Knowledge Is My Power! My Power Is Knowledge

• hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,608
    STK wrote: »
    @hibachifinal Is this a Noir layout on a mad catz fightstick pro? If so how did you get that button layout and stick placment and how did you get a fanta stick to fit??

yup it is Noir (based on Korean Tag2 cabs) , and sorry to say but thats a custom cut panel and plexi from Amp-Up Customs (he stopped making them years ago sadly)
  • killkong1211killkong1211 Joined: Posts: 13
    Hey would anyone be interested in helping me improve a my Noel Vermillion artwork/background for the art I'm making poorly for the stick I'm making poorly :P hahaha
    But seriously if anyone would be interested in helping me fix up the character/background it'd be greatly appreciated.
  • STKSTK In...infinite Imagination! Joined: Posts: 310
    STK wrote: »

yup it is Noir (based on Korean Tag2 cabs) , and sorry to say but thats a custom cut panel and plexi from Amp-Up Customs (he stopped making them years ago sadly)

Oh.
    thanks.
    Knowledge Is My Power! My Power Is Knowledge

• Jinx BrandoJinx Brando New Guy Joined: Posts: 3
    Hello all, I'm looking for someone to help with custom artwork. PM me if you take commissions to do custom artwork. Thanks.
    Hello all, I'm looking for someone to help with custom artwork. PM me if you take commissions to do custom artwork. Thanks.

pm sent.
    fOXXXFG.png
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
    edited March 22
    fmcu5Ix.jpg

kazer64 wrote: »
    fmcu5Ix.jpg

hardest part is figuring out what color buttons to use was gonna go 6 gray/clear rim, 2black/clear and 24mm being translucent black
    @kazer64 i think if you wanna use clear btns,better put something inside,in the art,like some little Onix spirits,otherwise blue btns with yellow rim or the opposite :)
    fOXXXFG.png
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
  • BjorkOBubbaBjorkOBubba Joined: Posts: 2
    Hello all,

I recently purchased a Madcatz TES+ and was creating some artwork for it. This is what I have so far. Any suggestions on what I can do with this? I'm open to any and all suggestions.
    24zg5ev.jpg

PSN: BjorkO_Bubba
    Twitter: @BigBoiBryant77

SFV, Guilty Gear Xrd: Revalator, Skullgirls, and 3rd Strike
    @BjorkOBubba the art may get darker at printing,consider lighting things up :)
    fOXXXFG.png
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
  • BjorkOBubbaBjorkOBubba Joined: Posts: 2
    AtLaS808 wrote: »
    @BjorkOBubba the art may get darker at printing,consider lighting things up :)

I'll be sure to do that. Is there anything you would suggest in regards to making the design a little less bland? like around the buttons area?
    PSN: BjorkO_Bubba
    Twitter: @BigBoiBryant77

SFV, Guilty Gear Xrd: Revalator, Skullgirls, and 3rd Strike
  • mikeoharamikeohara Old Man Hands Joined: Posts: 231 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    looking for a new commission, it's been a while since I've had some artwork done. I'm looking to have some art done for a Qanba Obsidian that would feature Dizzy and Elphelt from Guilty Gear and my SRK name. For the right artwork, I am willing to pay the artist up to $15 USD from my Paypal account.
    mikeohara wrote: »
    looking for a new commission, it's been a while since I've had some artwork done. I'm looking to have some art done for a Qanba Obsidian that would feature Dizzy and Elphelt from Guilty Gear and my SRK name. For the right artwork, I am willing to pay the artist up to $15 USD from my Paypal account.
    pm sent

fOXXXFG.png
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
    @BjorkOBubba yes would be very nice adding some ornaments to the buttons,and maybe btns labels too.
    fOXXXFG.png
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
  • ArmalyArmaly Joined: Posts: 19
    So I have 3d printed a dustwasher in PLA plastic. What would be the most cost effective way to paint it? I looked into air brushing but decided against it as i'd only ever use it once. Would spray painting then top coating it work out well? Thanks.
  • killkong1211killkong1211 Joined: Posts: 13
    Armaly wrote: »
    What would be the most cost effective way to paint it?
    Your best bet for painting PLA is generally give it a good sand with some high grit sandpaper (I wanna say like 220+, the real fine stuff anyway), as this will help your paint adhere better.
    In terms of paint you have three real options:
    1: Spray paint in a can - Generally works quite well and is quite quick.
    2: Acrylic Paint - Can pick it up from craft stores, goes quite well though you'll need a paintbrush
    3: Model Paint - Same as what they use for tabletop miniatures, honestly it doesn't work as well (at least in my experience) although it probably would given enough time and care, but if you're just doing one solid colour I'd go for either of the above first unless you have model paint on hand.

Hope this helps friendo.
  • ArmalyArmaly Joined: Posts: 19
    edited March 25
    Armaly wrote: »
    What would be the most cost effective way to paint it?
    Your best bet for painting PLA is generally give it a good sand with some high grit sandpaper (I wanna say like 220+, the real fine stuff anyway), as this will help your paint adhere better.
    In terms of paint you have three real options:
    1: Spray paint in a can - Generally works quite well and is quite quick.
    2: Acrylic Paint - Can pick it up from craft stores, goes quite well though you'll need a paintbrush
    3: Model Paint - Same as what they use for tabletop miniatures, honestly it doesn't work as well (at least in my experience) although it probably would given enough time and care, but if you're just doing one solid colour I'd go for either of the above first unless you have model paint on hand.

Hope this helps friendo.

Thanks! A friend directed me to this video since I have raised parts on the dustwasher I want different colors. Would spray painting it gold, then black, and then using a qtip with lighter fluid to rub off the gold parts I want work?

Edit: Would plastic prep before applying the paint help?