The NEW Official Arcade Stick Art Thread NO IMAGE QUOTING!

Comments

• hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,642

This is the most i could do without making the dirt at the bottom raise up too much.

pressing start on the boobie
  • Wade GarrettWade Garrett Joined: Posts: 149

any critique on my latest shindig?

ready for print IMO

• VegeasVegeas Way of Jashin Joined: Posts: 501
    @Vegeas Very nice, but the main problem is that the paint splatter is super-sharp and crisp, whereas your artwork is (understandably) not.
    I'd recommend inking your artwork and coloring it digitally (even in grayscale), so that it can be just as sharp.
    Thanks. It was my first time trying to make art using photoshop. So I was just playing around until I found something nice.

Will try your advice, though.
  • poisonmarpoisonmar Joined: Posts: 436
    Vegeas wrote: »
    Tried to make my own artwork. What do you guys think? I just couldn't think of any background at all so I just splatted paint. Any tips or advice?

http://i.imgur.com/aul4fsi.jpg?2

Why not fade out the background or just drop the transparency drastically, It distracts from your artwork, which is really good and should be the main focus.
  • OhhaiariOhhaiari Deathcore Killed The Radio Star Joined: Posts: 177
    @Vegeas That's pretty clean bro
    Street Fighter since birth, literally.
    Graphic artist by day
    Kawaii pad player by night

Available for commissions.
    Ari♥

"These niggas live to hurt me." - Da Prince
    poisonmar wrote: »
    Why not fade out the background or just drop the transparency drastically, It distracts from your artwork, which is really good and should be the main focus.
    Thanks. Forgot about using transparency. Never really came to my mind.
    Ohhaiari wrote: »
    @Vegeas That's pretty clean bro
    Thanks.

• Feargus001100Feargus001100 Joined: Posts: 989
    @d3v PM sent.
    #MAS_Preservation_Society
  • LRoqueLRoque Joined: Posts: 47
    What do you guys think?

HFaILkX.jpg

I'm planning to mod my hori stick. I will extend the plexi area (removing the control panel and the start compartment) and put the start/select in the front.
    It will look something like this:
    ObT3IYE.jpg

• SkaFox64SkaFox64 Sucks at Ultra. Loves Fightsticks. (is now user jigglypurin) Joined: Posts: 26
    Hey im back.
    made kind of a minimalist luka thing.
    i like it.
    Image is kinda low quality because imgur makes colors muddy on big ones.
    hKktQ2e.png
    ((I do shitty stick art for fun, so. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested.Here's an album.))
  • trippalhealickstrippalhealicks Joined: Posts: 157
    edited March 2015
    poisonmar wrote: »
    I just wanted to keep my VX SA as simple as possible and I really liked the new SFV Ryu image. Plus the original art on my stick is turning yellow and starting to peel. I guess I'm going to have to spend $25 at Tek-Innovations for a plexi and artwork :smiley: Are they still a good option?

http://i59.tinypic.com/usjkg.jpg/

Hah! I actually designed the EXACT same thing for my TE2. :)
    PSN: BODY_HAMR
    YouTube channel: www.YouTube.com/trippalhealicks
  • merkyofayceMFmerkyofayceMF KING OF THE ANTI-CLUTCH GENE Joined: Posts: 97
    DBAC is the code I live by

XBL - merkyofayceMF
    PSN - ever_so_black

one pump chump so I only play ultra for the moment.
  • poisonmarpoisonmar Joined: Posts: 436
  • supremekaisupremekai Joined: Posts: 2
    http://imageshack.com/a/img673/1756/o6iVS5.jpg

First real try on making my own design any thoughts?
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,474
    @supremekai Good first try.

My comments:
    - Background is too blurry, try to find something sharper. Either that, or maybe you can apply some filter onto it so that you enhance/smooth-out the blurriness.
    - Better sizing/placement of your characters will avoid having that much of them getting cut off the left/bottom edges.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
  • supremekaisupremekai Joined: Posts: 2
    Thanks the characters are my crutch when it comes to this can not either size them correctly or end up cutting some of the characters off
    tumblr_nlchcuaDl41tv50pio1_1280.png
    Finished this one out not too long ago
    Graphic artist by day

Ari♥

• TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    If that's a TE2 template your bottom right Japanese text will most likely be cut off under the bezel a bit.
    @SkaFox64 Das tight
    Graphic artist by day

Ari♥

• PsyChoTicKsPsyChoTicKs Joined: Posts: 3
    Hello guys,

this is going to be my first '' art '' my ps level is below adverage.

9xMLOYH.jpg

what u think about it? anything i could do better?
    Has anyone already made a template for the Chun-Li TE?
    Graphic artist by day

Ari♥

Hello guys,

this is going to be my first '' art '' my ps level is below adverage.

http://i.imgur.com/9xMLOYH.jpg

1) Different art styles: your Ryu, Ken, Blanka and Juri all come from different sources, and their art style clashes. Try to find pictures of your characters from the same game, artist, or source.

2) Proportions: your Ryu and Ken (at least) are not sized with the proper aspect ratio; it looks like you flattened/squashed them when resizing. Always hold SHIFT when resizing so that you maintain aspect ratio

3) Too busy: do you really need a pretty random (IMO) subset of characters on your stick? Ryu+Ken makes sense, but Blanka and Juri are just... there.

4) What is that thing in the background?...

Main advice is try to maintain some sort of unity on the art. You want it to look like you put some though into how each piece fits in with the flow, and not that you just plastered your favorite things together haphazardly without considering what was already there.
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 22,878
    You also want to factor where the holes for your buttons and Joystick will take on your stick art.

Way too busy.
    "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance."
  • merkyofayceMFmerkyofayceMF KING OF THE ANTI-CLUTCH GENE Joined: Posts: 97
    edited March 2015
    Ohhaiari wrote: »
    Has anyone already made a template for the Chun-Li TE?

Just use the standard template, as the Chun stick has the same panels as the round 1/2 TEs. I just wanted the colors to look good with the case.

edit: could you keep the button holes? I'd like to use inserts.

that background looks pretty legit imo outside of that random C4D. You could definitely do much better with making sure your art is properly scaled, and probably getting rid of Juri and Blanka. Having two different styles of Ryu and Ken hurt your composition, but with a few distortion layers [apply image > duplicate layer > filter (honestly you could use whatever, distort with some blurring would probably be best) > soft brush erasing what doesn't look good], photo filters (use varying layer options/opacity), better blending and lighting, you could make it work. it wouldn't hurt to add a bit of textures. Keep working at that red/blue scheme.

Mixed media pieces are hard, but doable.
    Post edited by merkyofayceMF on
    DBAC is the code I live by

XBL - merkyofayceMF
    PSN - ever_so_black

one pump chump so I only play ultra for the moment.
  • PsyChoTicKsPsyChoTicKs Joined: Posts: 3
    Roger that guys, thanks! :)

and if i added blanka and juri is bc i play em aswell.. :P
  • heunnerisbonosheunnerisbonos Joined: Posts: 77
    Does anyone have a template for the mayflash v2?
  • DarkCatDarkCat Rushdowninator Joined: Posts: 149 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    Does anybody have a template for Kraylix v3: Marquee, Panel, and movelist?
    Darkcat no function games well without.
  • SkaFox64SkaFox64 Sucks at Ultra. Loves Fightsticks. (is now user jigglypurin) Joined: Posts: 26
    Bump.
    Also, I'd like to ask if anybody has a HRAP4 Kai template.
    ((I do shitty stick art for fun, so. Just shoot me a PM if you're interested.Here's an album.))
  • InknailInknail alert the lame police Joined: Posts: 193
    edited March 2015
    Recently got a PS3 MadCatz KE stick in a bogo deal with a friend, and wanted to try to put some art on it. Went back to trying a Solatorobo design. Any advice on if this is too busy, dull, or needs work? I'd be going for clear buttons, possibly adding button labels on the art.
    7n27VPq.jpg
    Post edited by Inknail on
    Jam Instant Kill.

EwCq498.jpg

• sir-luffysir-luffy Joined: Posts: 1
    hay guys

where can i find some one to Commission for some custom art, can some one help ?
  • heunnerisbonosheunnerisbonos Joined: Posts: 77
    sir-luffy wrote: »
    hay guys

where can i find some one to Commission for some custom art, can some one help ?

PMing now
    Vegeas wrote: »

1) Images used are too low resolution

2) The left and middle ones look distorted; make sure you maintain aspect ratio when resizing

3) Your "drop shadow" on the middle one on the leg is overlapping the triangular frame

Looking for:
  • Lunchbox956Lunchbox956 Joined: Posts: 20
    I am looking for someone to make me a template for Balrog with a grey and light blue color scheme. It is for a sf4 se figjtstick. Would anybody on here be willing to help me out?
  • dtgodmage22dtgodmage22 Joined: Posts: 346
    Can anyone make me some hajime no ippo artwork for te 2
  • withadeafeningcrywithadeafeningcry A long-time fan looking to learn. Joined: Posts: 7
    Hey guys! I'm looking for a tutorial on how to start making artwork
    as I want to customize my Mayflash stick. I got the template from
    the front page so thank you guys for that. Any and all help
    is welcome and appreciated. Please and Thank you.
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,435 mod
    Hey guys! I'm looking for a tutorial on how to start making artwork
    as I want to customize my Mayflash stick. I got the template from
    the front page so thank you guys for that. Any and all help
    is welcome and appreciated. Please and Thank you.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/91541/making-your-stick-pretty-a-custom-stick-art-guide-tutorial/p1
    You can't ask for well-thought-out changes off day 1, week 1, or mostly even month 1 play...and that's when the game is out and everyone's in the lab.
    -Mike_Z

If there's anything we do best, it's breaking games and then making everyone suffer with all the cheapness.
    -PersiaXO
    Thanks for the advice. I just wish I could've found bigger pictures of her. And you maintain the same ratio of a picture by holding down the shift key when transforming the image, right?
  • ChaveloChavelo Ants in the Sky Joined: Posts: 172
    Does anyone happen to have the 6 button Noir/Viewlix template for Foe Hammer's Stealth series? If so, can ya upload it somewhere? Been trying to look for it for ages, and have asked Foe Hammer Joysticks several times through facebook/twitter and gotten no response. Any help would be appreciated!
  • mattboxmattbox Joined: Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    I'm putting together a dope arcade stick. This is my first custom artwork and i'm not good at the photoshop so I was hoping to get some pointers. Is the image too small? I stretched out the background and I'm not really sure how to make it look better. The right is a little plain, I want to add some boarders and labels around the buttons. What's the best way to do that?

http://i.imgur.com/T2wSf8I.jpg
    Post edited by mattbox on