The NEW Official Arcade Stick Art Thread NO IMAGE QUOTING!

Comments

• JohnnY_BoIJohnnY_BoI Joined: Posts: 4
    what program do you use to make the button borders?
  • killkong1211killkong1211 Joined: Posts: 21
    BolSadguy wrote: »
    Would spray painting it gold, then black, and then using a qtip with lighter fluid to rub off the gold parts I want work?
    It should, I haven't tried to get a 2 tone effect or gone multi colour before, so do let us know how it turns out.
    Alternatively, painters tape and just spray should work if it's two solid colours.
    BolSadguy wrote: »
    Would plastic prep before applying the paint help?
    Oh yeah, as I said before, I wouldn't do it without sanding it back first etc.
    Pla isn't too bad but it's worth doing.
    JohnnY_BoI wrote: »

You can honestly use any image editing software (personally I like photoshop), hell you could even use ms word (though it probably won't look great haha).
    Cause you know the diameter of the butttons you make a circle that size which will be your cutout, then make a bigger one and that's your border.
    From there you just make them all the same size.
    There are some templates for certain sticks here which should help if you need to work out placement, alternatively there are a bunch of templates for diy sticks on slagcoin.
  • JohnnY_BoIJohnnY_BoI Joined: Posts: 4
    JohnnY_BoI wrote: »

You can honestly use any image editing software (personally I like photoshop), hell you could even use ms word (though it probably won't look great haha).
    Cause you know the diameter of the butttons you make a circle that size which will be your cutout, then make a bigger one and that's your border.
    From there you just make them all the same size.
    There are some templates for certain sticks here which should help if you need to work out placement, alternatively there are a bunch of templates for diy sticks on slagcoin.

thanks for the info
  • AtLaS808AtLaS808 A tiger keeps always his stripes ! Joined: Posts: 183
    An other commission,thx to the creator of Toakaka art,i got inspired from.

mqHhQ6J.png
    PSN : AtLaS808
    Fightsticks Arts,LogoGamer & PS4 Skins.
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Available for Commissions just send me a PM.
    Some of my work
    My Time Zone : GMT+00
  • DamanyeDamanye Joined: Posts: 6
    AtLaS808 wrote: »
    An other commission,thx to the creator of Toakaka art,i got inspired from.

mqHhQ6J.png

I absolutely love it man
    @Damanye thanks a lot, really appreciated dealing with you.
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
  • HFXHFX out of practice abel Joined: Posts: 4,737
    latest commissions:

abel artwork

thanks for the artwork, there's still that problem with printing it to the correct size but other than that thanks alot, its my first time customizing my stick artwork
    Kanagawa/Malaysia - Team FRB Japan 2012 Til Infinity
    https://twitter.com/abelity_
  • kazer64kazer64 Joined: Posts: 15
    @kazer64 i think if you wanna use clear btns,better put something inside,in the art,like some little Onix spirits,otherwise blue btns with yellow rim or the opposite :)

im not really sure how to do that yet for the time being im just use some basic buttons till i find a way to print what i need because sadly i dont own a printer

HFX wrote: »
    latest commissions:

abel artwork

thanks for the artwork, there's still that problem with printing it to the correct size but other than that thanks alot, its my first time customizing my stick artwork

focusattack does the printing go to there website and you can upload the psd file for the print
    anyone able to make custom dustwasher art i have no money and just need some simple stuff put on it for me
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 20,269
    kazer64 wrote: »
    anyone able to make custom dustwasher art i have no money and just need some simple stuff put on it for me

Not for Free.
    Never pay double the retail price

Go Prv.
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
  • chapelchapel Joined: Posts: 12
    So, I was thinking of doing a send up based on the Street Fighter 2 CE board (similar to this) - http://s978.photobucket.com/user/djb1ge/media/Eddie Cordova - SFII CE Mimic - TE2 Plus.png.html

Are there downloadable assets available to build off of? I was going to commission my friend who is a cartoonist to do goofy caricatures and then rework all the wording into stupid stuff and change out the CAPCOM logo for CHAPEL in the same font.
    HFX wrote: »
    latest commissions:

abel artwork

focusattack does the printing go to there website and you can upload the psd file for the print

Yeah I happened to be buying some stuff from FA, and decided to let them print the stuff for me. Was really excited and all until I received an email last night, they cancelled/refunded my order, apparently due to suspicion of fraud of something I was like wtf lol
    chapel wrote: »
    then rework all the wording into stupid stuff and change out the CAPCOM logo for CHAPEL in the same font.

Without knowing for certain, if you look around online there are usually well known fonts recreated in full on various font websites.
    Not sure if you'll find a capcom one but I have found warcraft/starcraft II/etc fonts in the past so chances are good.
    You can either type the words you want out in a test or install the font if you're using image editing software (like photoshop) and add it that way.

Hope that helps you some amount haha
  • TimmyDXTimmyDX Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey guys im amazed by all the artistic talent here and i have a question.
    I finally bought my first fight stick after wanting one for years and i have been practicing
    as much as i can. I would love to customize the artwork on it but i have no experience with photoshop at all.
    Id like to order the art at tek-innovations.com but they require you to send a psd file with the art.
    I have a Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai and i would love a variation of the TE2+ SFV art of Ryu with the white/red motif.
    Is there anyone willing to share or point me in the right direction ? Im also willing to pay for a commission if necessary.
  • FoxBlazeFoxBlaze Lets get it. Joined: Posts: 70
    TimmyDX wrote: »
    Hey guys im amazed by all the artistic talent here and i have a question.
    I finally bought my first fight stick after wanting one for years and i have been practicing
    as much as i can. I would love to customize the artwork on it but i have no experience with photoshop at all.
    Id like to order the art at tek-innovations.com but they require you to send a psd file with the art.
    I have a Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 Kai and i would love a variation of the TE2+ SFV art of Ryu with the white/red motif.
    Is there anyone willing to share or point me in the right direction ? Im also willing to pay for a commission if necessary.

PM Sent
    http://foxxcustoms.tumblr.com/
    I take commissions upon request so if interested, Feel free to Hit me up through a PM or contact me through my Email foxblaze2016@gmail.com.

PSN: xeroblazer
    Steam: Armada
    Fightcade: Armada101
  • LiamITGLiamITG Joined: Posts: 2
    Hey everyone! First time posting here. I've had my TE2+ for a half a year or so and I'm looking to get some new artwork. Is there any Astro City themed artwork out there already and if not, would someone be willing to make some (would pay for it of course)? Thanks!
  • NCK_FeroceNCK_Feroce Left behind Joined: Posts: 2,396
    edited April 2
    Guys, where I can find the replica artwork of the Hrap V?
  • butterojbutteroj You Are Luminous Joined: Posts: 1,548
    With Tekken 7 coming soon I need to makle a K-Stick. What do you think of this for a Makestick enclosure?

fa-IST-makestick-template2%20copy_zpsypnw8leb.jpg

butteroj wrote: »
    With Tekken 7 coming soon I need to makle a K-Stick. What do you think of this for a Makestick enclosure?

I love it,but i think that the red is too red.
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
    butteroj wrote: »

I love it,but i think that the red is too red.

Better yet....

ISTBLACK_zpsfxpx10ax.jpg

• jigglypurinjigglypurin official pinkorb princess Joined: Posts: 25
    We need more Vaporwave stick art

theyre so fun to make tbh...
    hey im tia. open for fightstick commissions if you're interested. psn: jigglypurin
  • panda86panda86 Joined: Posts: 1
    J.D.E. wrote: »
    Here it is. Done.

My%20Stick%20mod_zpsm5bgj97p.jpg

Hello, do you have the PSD for this? Thanks! Got something similar in plan as well.
  • Ghost CobraGhost Cobra Lever Execution Joined: Posts: 334 ✭✭✭✭✭ OG
    AFS WIP
    hmm dat carbon
    58e49e1a22c3920a976cbe7e.jpg
    or dat scansline
    58e49e1e22c3920a976cbe7f.jpg

I think the carbon design looks better IMO.
    I take commissions upon request so if interested, Feel free to Hit me up through a PM or contact me through my Email foxblaze2016@gmail.com.

• locusT_locusT_ Joined: Posts: 1
    edited April 6
    hey guys i made a simple Astro City design for my qanba carbon. (would also fit a Q1) i made this because i found a bunch of astro city templates but none specifically for qanba carbon or Q1 so i made one.

Qanba_Carbon_Astro_City.png

(big post im sorry)
    It's been awhile since i posted in here, but im starting to get into guilty gear bc baiken.
    Here's a few pieces ive made, and i cant decide which to use. considering going 6 button.
    I'm sorry im vaporwave/retrowave trash

oh my lovin all of em, would love to have one vaporwave art on my stick as well.. still waitin for my very first custom artwork to arrive (from printing).. maybe we can work something out soon
    edited April 6
    Maybe use some Seimitsu Keikou buttons?

n3hIVC8.jpg

• FishyyFishyy Joined: Posts: 1
    Looking to get some minimalistic guilty gear art commissioned!
    Fishyy wrote: »
    Looking to get some minimalistic guilty gear art commissioned!

pm sent.
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
  • LiamITGLiamITG Joined: Posts: 2
    Just wanted to give a quick thanks to AtLaS for doing my artwork. It came out great, didn't take long at all, and he fixed all of my nitpicky issues. Definitely recommend getting work done from him.
  • 1jzGTE1jzGTE Joined: Posts: 83
    edited April 10
    I have a HORI SCV (PS3) stick and i'm looking to change my art work again.

Anybody have a Sega Lindbergh design that replicates the cabinet that would fit my sticks template?

And if so please PM for price and if not this is an open commission job for any artists out there interested in doing one for me.

Thank you,

-1jz.

EDIT: Forgot to mention this is for an 8 button layout.
  • KillerandUndertakerKillerandUndertaker Joined: Posts: 58
    There is an art contest where you can win arcade cabinets.

Ultimate 7 Arcade Cabinets Competition! - WORLDWIDE
  • daimdaimsandaimdaimsan Joined: Posts: 4
    so im almost done building my custom arcade stick and about to decide what artwork i want to have on my stick. can any1 here help me create an artwork? or donate me any 1 of your previous artworks?
  • guyvin_juyvin_83guyvin_juyvin_83 Joined: Posts: 28
    Modded my venom ps4 stick with sanwa parts.

The buttons looked like they'd purple but turned out to be a dark pink ish colour instead.

Was thinking of getting some awesome custom art to put in, was thinking 'Morrigan' from darkstalkers as it can be purple/pink, anyone have a venom art like this?

Or any other decent venom stick art which is of pink/purple colours ?

Thanks
  • FrankCastleAZFrankCastleAZ SRKTT Modder of the Year 2014 & AZHP Gaming Founder Joined: Posts: 898
    What do you think of when you hear "Dragon" ?

I thought Bruce Lee.

2017-dragon-brucelee05.png

Detail view

2017-dragon-brucelee06.png

I'm still in the process of putting artwork inside OBSC plungers, installing a secondary artwork inside of the dragon replacing the fabric/material in the interior, and installing a Switchcraft B to A panel mount. Once I do that i'll take some glamour shots and post them in the Post Your Stick Thread. For now, you can see a bunch of it in the review I did-

SRK Tech Talk Modder of the Year 2014 - Best retail sticks of all time = Onyx/Pearl, TE1, Dragon, VLX
    AZHP Gaming - Providing casual and tournament video gaming services at events and conventions since 2006
    Paradise Arcade Shop <-- Buy all of your arcade parts from here
    Eightarc <-- Buy all of your arcade sticks from here (Code AZFGC2015 for $10 off $50+ or AZHPGAMING for $15 off $100+)
  • jjsparxjjsparx Joined: Posts: 45
    Latest commission:

4JXEYgq.jpg
    What am I, chopped liver?
  • VarmintBabyVarmintBaby Joined: Posts: 254
    My Hori Hitbox VLX with portrait of me and my fighting game handle. Art was done by Liz Steinworth. You can find her on Facebook.com.
    2n20bid.jpg
    "Play the game to learn not to win. Do this and winning will start to come all on its own." - some smart guy
    edited April 18
    Hello everyone,

I would like to use this thread to kindly caution potential customers looking for a commissioned artwork piece from forum user @AtLaS808.

As of today, my complaint was reviewed and approved and he is now part of the wall of shame:

forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214443/new-wall-of-shame-info-on-scammers-thieves-time-wasters#latest

Thank you,

-1jz

anyone able to do art for a IST MAKEStick Pro?
    1jzGTE wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I would like to use this thread to kindly caution potential customers looking for a commissioned artwork piece from forum user @AtLaS808.

As of today, my complaint was reviewed and approved and he is now part of the wall of shame:

forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/214443/new-wall-of-shame-info-on-scammers-thieves-time-wasters#latest

Thank you,

-1jz

what a shame i got art from him it looked ok to me
    anyone able to do art for a IST MAKEStick Pro?

PM Sent.

for the user @1jzGTE i have all the logs, if you ask for a commission and make people go back and forth playing them so at the end make them faulty, you should really have a damn cheek.
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
    @kazer64 why is that a shame ? have you got any problem dealing with me ?
    Twitch/Stream Boxes.
    Some of my work
    edited April 19
    @AtLaS808 I had both the complaint and the logs reviewed by moderators, approved and placed you on the Wall of Shame yet you are still trying to defend yourself?

You are the most unprofessional freelance artist I have ever met. I hope the money you've kept from me is worth jeopardizing your brand and that you never do business on these forums again.

EDIT: I just realized that you also posted on the Wall of Shame thread. That's your problem, same with my concerns and the direction of the artwork, you're just not listening. Like I said before, it was REVIEWED and APPROVED by moderators WITH PROOF.

@kazer64 A real shame it is.The main issue wasn't even about the quality of the artwork but his business practices and handling of the situation towards a dissatisfied customer.
    Post edited by 1jzGTE on