The NEW Official Arcade Stick Art Thread NO IMAGE QUOTING!

Comments

• heunnerisbonosheunnerisbonos Joined: Posts: 77
    edited April 2015
    Edit: Accidental Double post
  • SEVEN-UPSEVEN-UP Joined: Posts: 10
    edited April 2015
    original art
    http://cdn.top4top.net/i_065d1a74731.jpg

after editing by me
    i_3a3aa116982.jpg

done!
    i_3a3aa116983.jpg
  • Emig5mEmig5m Joined: Posts: 2
    Working with artwork I bought from the guy that made the reproduction R-Type arcade machine control panel artwork. I can move layers around and delete and remove stuff as I see fit.

rtype.png

I was thinking that maybe it looked better without the instructions but the arcade machine has them. Here's a photo from my actual arcade machine...

20150319_122923-small.jpg

My R-Type Dimensions art came back from Art Hobbies WAY too dark...

20150326_204219-small.jpg

• TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,883
    Yeah seems art almost always gets printed out darker than you see on your screen due to back-lighting etc
    edited April 2015
    printed complet! now i just need waiting my stick come from seller!
    i_f8238c2cfc1.jpg
    Post edited by SEVEN-UP on
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,528
    SEVEN-UP wrote: »
    printed complet! now i just need my stick come from seller!
    http://cdn.top4top.net/i_f8238c2cfc1.jpg
    You should not have printed the holes nor the dustwasher.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    edited April 2015
    oooops i forget this! xD

any another advice about printing? and what the best tool to cut the others holes?

also.. i want to painting the white sides.. what the type of paint i need it?

thnx bro :wink:
  • heunnerisbonosheunnerisbonos Joined: Posts: 77
    oooops i forget this! xD

any another advice about printing? and what the best tool to cut the others holes?

exacto knife, theyre cheap and they work great.
  • IceBerg303IceBerg303 Joined: Posts: 41
    oooops i forget this! xD

also.. i want to painting the white sides.. what the type of paint i need it?

There are several options for painting and it all depends on how much work you want to put into it.

The simple and easiest way is to clean the panels sand them (this allows the paint to ahdear better). I use a high grain sand paper around 600 grit to 900 grit and you just want to sand lightly so the panel are no longer smooth and shiny. Then you want o clean this very well with a degreaser. Some options I've used with success are simple green and soft scrub. After this you then spray paint the panels. Krylon acrylic is a good choice but there are many options. Use as many coats as necessary to have a uniform color but as few as possible but at least 2. Let this cure for about 3 days. If you can put it in direct sunlight for a few hours a day as this will help cure the paint. Paint may be dry but still not cured so 3 days is a good estimate. After that you want to put on a GOOD clear coat. There are lots of clear coat options and they vary in how you use them. This is by far one of the best I have used but once you activate it the can is only good for 48 hours ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/111298452665?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT ).

The other option is to use an airbrush or spray gun. It takes more coats as they are super thin but you get a much more even coverage. Also with airbrushing you are less likely to get paint runs, blistering, wrinkling and other issues common with spray paint. The process is the same [ sand, clean, paint multiple coats, cure time, clear coat].

Another more advanced complex option that I have not personally used is electroplating of plastics. This is expensive and time consuming but if done right will produce far superior results. It's probably far beyond what you want to do but it is an option.

Custom mods available, located in North Central Indiana. Local and mail service available.
  • bL31bL31 Joined: Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Hi guys, i need some help. I wanna make custom hitbox and I need high resolution art without buttons pattern, just cool art with high resolution. My prefers themes: Street fighter yun, street fighter chun li, street fighter cammy, morrigan. But all nice art's good for me. Hitbox layout a bit custom but this is his pick
    3ea07931f032.jpg
    his parameters: 38x23
    Thanks for attention and sorry if i did something wrong.
    Post edited by bL31 on
  • Raptor439Raptor439 Joined: Posts: 2
    anyone found the official mkx wallpapers in hires or is 1920x1080 enough?
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 24,224
    Raptor439 wrote: »
    Whats the DPI of the image?
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • Raptor439Raptor439 Joined: Posts: 2
    72 DPI jpg file
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,883
    Generally 300 DPI is what most people use for nice sharp artwork

These are not the original wallpapers but they are high enough resolution you might be able to use them for fightstick marque art. The bigger the better as it will print better. Im most cases they need to be pasted into an appropriate file and blended in.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mortal+kombat+x&es_sm=91&biw=1433&bih=757&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=n6g9VeL4J8izogSMp4BQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw#q=mortal+kombat+x&tbm=isch&tbs=isz:lt,islt:4mp

Custom mods available, located in North Central Indiana. Local and mail service available.
    edited April 2015
    IceBerg303 wrote: »

These are not the original wallpapers but they are high enough resolution you might be able to use them for fightstick marque art. The bigger the better as it will print better. Im most cases they need to be pasted into an appropriate file and blended in.

URL SNIP
    Don't give someone wrong advice, did you even check the DPI on these images before hand?
    Most of the larger images are still only 72 dpi. He would want 300 dpi to have a decent print.

I ran quite a few of these images though photoshop to check the DPI, they are all at 72 dpi.
    edited April 2015
    Darksakul wrote: »

URL SNIP
    Don't give someone wrong advice, did you even check the DPI on these images before hand?
    Most of the larger images are still only 72 dpi. He would want 300 dpi to have a decent print.

I ran quite a few of these images though photoshop to check the DPI, they are all at 72 dpi.

Sorry but you are wrong. I'm a professional photographer and graphics designer and dpi it only a reference number.

That number us useless until you goto final print. All you have to do it change the DPI which will make the image smaller, which if you read what I said is why I stated you may have to paste them into a new document. As an example one image of Scorpion is is 4000 × 2657, the 72dpi is pointless at this point, if I were going to print this I'd still print it at high DPI, at 300DPI that is still 13.33 (4000/300) x 8.856 (2657/300) inches. Never look at the DPI in the meta data it will always steer you wrong just look at the pixel data and do the math yourself.
    Alot of people can claim that here. And I shown professionals in other fields that they wrong on something they should have known.
    All a professional means is you get a paycheck for your work, its not a grantee you are actually worth the paycheck.

Claiming you are a professional on a internet forum does not mean squat.

Final print is the product were going for as this isn't going to someones PC wallpaper, were speaking of a end product print that somehow gets applies to someones arcade stick.
    Forcing the DPI to a higher number actually makes the picture smaller (as you already state). So we have to counter with a even bigger image. Makes me wonder why you chose only 4mp or higher for your image search.
    And yes I know what a megapixle is, its a stupid concept created by marketing. Its what should be ignored and instead you look at the image resolution.
    Never look at the DPI in the meta data it will always steer you wrong just look at the pixel data and do the math yourself
    And what is the formula you speak of Mr Professional?
    If I came off snooty it was not my intent. A lot of people get this wrong and it was my intent to provide accurate information.

The formula (assuming inches) is pixels in X / desired dpi = inches in print then do the same for Y pixels in Y / desired DPI = inches in print.

If you are good you can take an image thats just a little too small and do incremental resampling to increase it's size reducing the pixelation factor. This is one of the things you have to experiment with and see if the results are acceptable or not. Some times it comes out ok some times there is just no way to increase the size and have it look decent.

If I can get away with it and I'm doing all original art I use 600dpi but if Im using online art or something I can go as low as 300dpi.
    In my experiences, re-sampling is at best a shot in the dark and that most people can't execute this well.
    Darksakul wrote: »
    In my experiences, re-sampling is at best a shot in the dark and that most people can't execute this well.

True. It's image dependent and dependent on the look you want to achieve and VERY time consuming to get the best possible results.

One method that works some of the time for me is to resample by 102% (thats a 2% increase in size) then apply an unsharp mask, and repeat. As you can see to double the image size your doing this procedure about 35 times, but it's one of the only way to get an acceptable result. You can then retouch the final image. This is usually only worth while if it's a one of a kind image that you cannot attain any other way than the resolution you have and need it larger.
  • marcus32Xmarcus32X twitter @marcus32x Joined: Posts: 57
    I just got my first stick today.
    8ttFdSm.jpg
  • noobernoober Joined: Posts: 270
    can anyone make art for an Icade core?
    Im off the wall like Vega. "wale"
    SRKdot com. cause nigguhs is nerds too.
    noober wrote: »
    can anyone make art for an Icade core?

Do you have a template for it, or a digital caliper to take measurements?
  • LabanLaban KOF98 Player Joined: Posts: 2,558
    @marcus32X yo, that art is hella sexy. I'm not just talking about Maki, but I like how simple it is and how the logo and Maki art out of the way of the lever and buttons. Gonna get OBSC buttons to put the art cut outs into the button caps or just gonna run with something else?
    [/quote]

Do you have a template for it, or a digital caliper to take measurements?
    [/quote]

I can get a template, I remember seeing one in a message board

I can get a template, I remember seeing one in a message board

If you get the template you can PM me and let me know what you have in mind. I probably wont have free time to pull something together till Saturday though.

• marcus32Xmarcus32X twitter @marcus32x Joined: Posts: 57
    Laban wrote: »
    @marcus32X yo, that art is hella sexy. I'm not just talking about Maki, but I like how simple it is and how the logo and Maki art out of the way of the lever and buttons. Gonna get OBSC buttons to put the art cut outs into the button caps or just gonna run with something else?

I've no idea ATM, This is my very first proper stick (had a hori mini beforehand) and I am handy in photoshop so I decided to do this mockup, where do I go from now ?
  • TerryKazama162TerryKazama162 I'm Otakus, Gamer, Rockers etc. Joined: Posts: 3
    Oh Thanks Very Much :smile:
  • Gorilla WhiteGorilla White Joined: Posts: 118
    Received my artwork from tek-innovations and finally got a chance to put on my PS3 Madcatz VS stick. Still thinking of changing the buttons to red and yellow transparent sanwas and also dual mod it to be compatible with the XB1. [img][/img]IMG_20150503_204841114_zpszpy8vw5b.jpg
    [img][/img]IMG_20150503_204824959_zpsljlww1uz.jpg
    @Gorilla White, That is sexxy! Love it, looks very nice.
  • Gorilla WhiteGorilla White Joined: Posts: 118
    @Gorilla White, That is sexxy! Love it, looks very nice.

Thanks @IceBerg303 .
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 37,103 mod
  • moses057moses057 Joined: Posts: 4
    KrizmKazm on YouTube has made some FREE artwork for the MadCatz TE2 & Razer Atrox Fightsticks.
    You can get it here http://1drv.ms/1cvEsGs then print it out yourself or go to Kinkos and have them print it.
    He will also do custom work for a fee. To contact him just search for KrizmKazm on YouTube and comment on one of his videos.

I just joined and don't know how to post pics otherwise I would.
  • dercetoderceto Joined: Posts: 1
    Recently discovered this place and been browsing the many cool looking layouts for these fightsticks on here. Wanted to post one I made up for my TE2 recently from pictures I gathered online and just get some opinions.

It's not themed after a fighting game, though I am messing around with a few fighting themed ones as well.

dg6gN5x.jpg
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,528
    derceto wrote: »
    Recently discovered this place and been browsing the many cool looking layouts for these fightsticks on here. Wanted to post one I made up for my TE2 recently from pictures I gathered online and just get some opinions.

It's not themed after a fighting game, though I am messing around with a few fighting themed ones as well.

http://i.imgur.com/dg6gN5x.jpg

My main comments:

1) It's too "busy". Feels like you thought you just had to throw EVERYTHING in there wherever there was room. Words, logos, characters, portraits, etc.

2) Squall, Rinoa are there twice, but Edea, Ultimicia and Seifer's only there once?

3) Mismatching art styles: portraits on top are the original FF8 art; Ultimicia is from Dissidia, and the large Squall+Rinoa is some fanart? Try to find matching art styles from the same artist.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    any templates for an Icade core I can't find any
    any templates for an Icade core I can't find any

There is only a PDF which is not especially useful since it has no measurements. Any art done on it would not be guaranteed to fit correctly.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/files/11-10-03-icade-template.pdf

• noober2noober2 Pre 09 member Joined: Posts: 409
    f'n bummer @iceberg1127