The NEW Official Arcade Stick Art Thread NO IMAGE QUOTING!

Comments

• UryuRNKUryuRNK Joined: Posts: 9
    And here without the glow on the text.
    1lP88dG.jpg
  • AteThePrincessAteThePrincess Joined: Posts: 29
    edited May 19
    EDIT: Found the art request thread.

Hopefully this isn't the wrong place. Hoping someone can finish up and provide some polish to the art I've been working on for my new Panzer coming in. It's missing something (textured background? stripes? something), and I'm no artist. Have all the source files, and the psd I've cobbled together along with the template. If you can help, please send me a PM with your rate! :bee:

If not, please point me to the requests thread?
    Post edited by AteThePrincess on
  • MourningIIstarMourningIIstar Joined: Posts: 36
    Not sure if this is the right thread, but does anyone have or know of step by step instructions on swapping the art on a Razer Panthera? Would like visuals especially when taking off the glued plexi.
  • djb1gedjb1ge '09er - aka "Big E" of Big E's Customs Joined: Posts: 198
    More recent designs/commissions

Silver Surfer Design (MadCatz TE2+)
    jQdt9aE.png

SFIII: 3S Gill Design (Qanba Q4)
    PFxx9uH.png

Noel Vermillion Design (Hori SCV/ TTT2)
    AnGbSjb.png

Skullgirls Eliza Design (Qanba Q4)
    5qHBfI6.png

Egret II Mimic/Repro (Hori RAP 3)
    lrfTmO6.png

X-Men vs. Street Fighter Design (MadCatz SFxT Pro)
    b36AAR6.png
  • deadxobbitdeadxobbit Joined: Posts: 43
    Hi, does anybody know how MadCatz SCV artwork template (or any other template) from Tek-innovations is supposed to be cut - inside the cutout guides or outside? It's quite pricey for me to purchase their plexi cover, so I was lucky enough to find a local plexiglass workshop where they can lasercut custom templates. The thing is that they only work with CorelDraw vector image files. So I was thinking about tracing those artwork cutout lines in CorelDraw and giving their workshop a try, but I'm not entirely sure about the tracing - should I do it inside or outside the lines.
  • Jasen HicksJasen Hicks JasensCustoms.com Joined: Posts: 2,293
    edited May 27
    deadxobbit wrote: »
    Hi, does anybody know how MadCatz SCV artwork template (or any other template) from Tek-innovations is supposed to be cut - inside the cutout guides or outside? It's quite pricey for me to purchase their plexi cover, so I was lucky enough to find a local plexiglass workshop where they can lasercut custom templates. The thing is that they only work with CorelDraw vector image files. So I was thinking about tracing those artwork cutout lines in CorelDraw and giving their workshop a try, but I'm not entirely sure about the tracing - should I do it inside or outside the lines.

This is a bad plan. It's not going to be accurate and you are going to waste money trying to perfect it. Trying to recreate an accurate vector file from a raster file is going to leave you angry and with less money in your pocket than just ordering it from Tek. His rasters (and any rasters provided) are setup to match his particular laser setup and may not translate properly to another (yes, processes can differ drastically across machines).

I would be surprised if he shared his business specific information with anyone on how he set them up since now a days it seems that a lot of templates being used in the commercial space started from his hardwork to begin with (they did what you want to do, except they bought a laser to do it).

To be accurate, you should measure the panel itself and create it from there.
    2014 SRK Tech Talk Company of the Year Jasen's Custom Creations - Custom Joysticks, SuperGuns, Vinyl Graphics
    2014 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick - Retired
    2015 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 2.0 - Hiatus
    2016 SRK Tech Talk New Arcade Stick of the Year Panzer Fight Stick 3 - Order Now!
    2016 SRK Tech Talk Member of the Year Co-Recipient

- Jasen's Customs Facebook, it's where the pictures are: Facebook
    - Follow me on Twitter to see what new things I am adding: Twitter
    - Learn something? I try to publish all of my creations and tutorials at: The TechBlog
  • jjsparxjjsparx Joined: Posts: 74
    Latest commission for a Panzer Fightstick III in a gunmetal finish:

wW3JuTv.jpg
    What am I, chopped liver?
  • deadxobbitdeadxobbit Joined: Posts: 43
    deadxobbit wrote: »

This is a bad plan. It's not going to be accurate and you are going to waste money trying to perfect it. Trying to recreate an accurate vector file from a raster file is going to leave you angry and with less money in your pocket than just ordering it from Tek. His rasters (and any rasters provided) are setup to match his particular laser setup and may not translate properly to another (yes, processes can differ drastically across machines).

I would be surprised if he shared his business specific information with anyone on how he set them up since now a days it seems that a lot of templates being used in the commercial space started from his hardwork to begin with (they did what you want to do, except they bought a laser to do it).

To be accurate, you should measure the panel itself and create it from there.

Thanks for providing some food for thought. I actually tried tracing Art's file using CorelDraw's "Centerline Trace" option. I think I'll give the workshop a shot, since according to their pricelist making this plexi cover (piece of 1mm thick plexi + lazer cutting) is about $3,5(!) converted from my local currency. 1mm is a bit thicker than what Tek-Innovations are offering, but I do not think it will be much bothersome. If it comes out messed up in some way, I'll probably try measuring the panel and creating a vector file myself.

Thinking about particular setups, does that mean that there's a chance of getting messed up atwork print while using one of Art's templates and printing it at some local printing workshop? Or does this only concern raster to vector conversion? Sorry if I that sounds stupid, I'm not very knowledgeable of the whole graphic design things.

That's why I asked my question here instead of bothering them directly. Thankfully you were kind enough to respond :)
  • JPs3JPs3 Joined: Posts: 7
    edited June 7
    Venom
    -Venom Template Square Lights
    -Venom Template Circle Lights

I'm confused, what's the difference between the two templates? Is it just the way the lights are covered for the '1', '2' etc. controller LEDs.

Edit - Seems so, but I think on the Venom templates they have 6th light even though there are only 5 needed.

Post edited by JPs3 on
  • Drex_7Drex_7 Joined: Posts: 1
    I know I'm a bit late, but can anyone make me a template for the qanba q1? My computer has some problems making the template. Thanks.

Picture Link: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/97/16/69/9716691060bbd1aac6b52f442a835ed3.jpg
  • JPs3JPs3 Joined: Posts: 7
    Drex_7 wrote: »
    I know I'm a bit late, but can anyone make me a template for the qanba q1? My computer has some problems making the template. Thanks.

Picture Link: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/97/16/69/9716691060bbd1aac6b52f442a835ed3.jpg

Do you need the template itself, or just putting the image with it?
  • RikuaRikua Joined: Posts: 1
    Hello! New here and I recently stripped my old wii Madcatz TvC SE and am looking to get some artwork commissioned and possibly some tips on where to get said art printed. I'm pretty much looking for the classic arcade "group" image concepts. I have made a few of those concepts by using paint shop pro, so the layering is non existent.

stick5.png
    stick3.png
    stick2.png
    stick1.png

But what I REALLY want is some stick art using this unique MvC piece:
    31b5f392a0a69e7c9a0f104180d38aec1341954014_full.jpg

I, however, cannot find any more artwork of this style. If you are interested please drop me a PM with your rates, artwork, and possible ideas to make this a reality! Thanks for looking!
  • lord80078lord80078 Joined: Posts: 2
    Hi

I would like to request for two artworks

1- Madcatz TE2+
    2 Qanba Obsidian

Please PM me if any is willing to take this order & please share your price as well as your artwork

Thanks
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,469
    QeMQXIw.jpg
    Some slight alterations from the version I previously posted, and finally put on a stick.
  • Tigerman_5000Tigerman_5000 Joined: Posts: 2
    edited June 5
    So I've been trying to get some ideas on a stick art and need some help. I've been wanting to doing something along the lines of Dragonball Gt. If anyone has any ideas i would be appreciated. I have a starting image but Im not sure how to upload images on here....

35komro.jpg
    Post edited by Tigerman_5000 on
  • KYO_FARINATIONKYO_FARINATION Joined: Posts: 1
    edited June 4
    Hi, I'm new here but I love the arcade stick and I wanted to ask if anyone can create an art for a madcatz versus edition with something related to the bullet club, king of fighters or or macatz himself
    Here I leave an image of my arcade stick
    Cr4h7o4VUAAzVxI.jpg

greetings from Chile n_n
    Post edited by KYO_FARINATION on
  • 108Shiki108Shiki Joined: Posts: 1
    Hey everyone! I have a template that I've been trying to work on with some images I found, but I have zero photoshop skills...the fact that I was able to get this far in GIMP was a true triumph. Anyone willing to lend a hand for some of that sweet commission money? PM for the actual file .xcf file!c7TA6PP.jpg
    Concept piece for Persona 4 and 5 merged. I quite like the colours and overall effect of the faded faces - any thoughts from Persona fans?

nKPrMD9.jpg
  • ArugulaZArugulaZ Uses Dan w/o Irony Joined: Posts: 129
    So... uh... (clears throat)

I've got plans for an arcade stick, using a wooden box. Maybe it'll work out for me, maybe it won't. I was just wondering what would be the most attractive yet cost efficient way to decorate it. I can make my own artwork, but I'm just not sure how to put it on the stick. Cricut has printable vinyl pages... two of them put together should be more than enough to cover the front of this stick. It'd be cheap, but would using a home ink printer on printable vinyl yield acceptable results? I've also considered Lexan set over card stock. Professional printing isn't out of the question, but it's pretty costly and I'm not sure if it would be worth it for a first effort.

If anyone's got suggestions or advice, I'd love to hear it. Thanks.
    Dude, that's not Pringles! That's barely even Munchos!

Visit The Gameroom Blitz:
    http://www.lakupo.com/grblitz
  • GromberGromber Joined: Posts: 7
    edited June 5
    F300
    128e1d551891063.jpg

12f46e551915301.jpg
    Post edited by Gromber on
  • CybernetikCybernetik Skynet HQ Joined: Posts: 56
    I would like some help/commission getting art done for my TE2! If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. I suck at photoshop but some of the work I see here is amazing! I am whiling to paypal if necessary due to how specific I want my stick art.

Color theme: vermillion(type of orange, I go by the coloring of the buttons and layout) and white, using Cammy (battle outfit) and Juri (default) with the TE2 and SFV logo.

I have no clue where to start but any tips appreciated!
    AE: E.Ryu/Yang/Cody/Ryu/Seth 3S: Yang
    KOFXIII: Kyo/Duo Lon/Andy
    Hey, anyone know if the Ultimate Street Fighter 4 TE2 Madcatz stick has the same button layout (in terms of where the design would go) as the TE2+.

It's this stick here:

1.jpg

Just want to make sure the template for the TE2+ artwork will be the same before I start a new project.

Many thanks in advance.
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 778
    They use the same layout
    @jopamo - excellent! Thank you for the quick response.
    Recently finished commission for a Persona 4 Golden / Persona 5 design on a TE2+

fLpQKz5.jpg
  • shoto1699shoto1699 Joined: Posts: 4
    Can anyone do a commission for me for a Hori Real Arcade Pro 4? Looking to customize it make a star wars themed stick.
    Recent commission for a Blue Exorcist design on a Qanba Obsidian:

QvUCyc5.jpg
  • ChaoticMonkChaoticMonk Shut The Front Door Joined: Posts: 999
    Looking for advice on how to finish this...
    Its a clear stick (X1) but there's a lot of empty space.

LhAZzD1.jpg
  • BubbledotjpgBubbledotjpg Joined: Posts: 233
    edited June 11
    I actually like how that looks with all the blank space. Get some dank green buttons and you're set.
    @ChaoticMonk I think you could add a textured background of some description (maybe plants, foliage at 40-50% transparency) or a gradient fill going from grey to the cream colour, or you could add an effect to the grey like a print effect or some other kind of subtle pattern to break it up.
  • Cossie1300Cossie1300 Joined: Posts: 62
    edited June 11
    What site does everyone use to upload artwork and pictures on here
    Post edited by Cossie1300 on
  • TastyWhiffTastyWhiff Joined: Posts: 6
    For you love live fans out there, I recently made this art since i got a new stick. It was rushed but its pretty okay i guess.
    ih4yOzC.png
    8YzXUFW.jpg
    Heres my tekken 7 venom artwork i got it printed at instantprint uk cost £11.99 on 250 gsm silk paper they were fantastic
    @Cossie1300 I use IMGUR.com - just don't make your pictures public and use the BBCODE link they provide for these forums.
    @TastyWhiff I like it - clean and simple.
    @Cossie1300 - Nice! I like the colours in the design. Nice balltop too!
    Just spare parts i had lying around for the venom
  • TastyWhiffTastyWhiff Joined: Posts: 6
    jjsparx wrote: »
    @TastyWhiff I like it - clean and simple.

Thank you. I think i could have done better but my ideas come to me when i work with limited time lol.
    @ChaoticMonk

Here's a very rough idea of what I mean - obviously I don't have access to the layered files so this is a mock up from your image:

CEbuVBH.png
    Without print effect:

sUaOaTm.png
  • OhhaiariOhhaiari Deathcore Killed The Radio Star Joined: Posts: 158
    edited June 11
    I think you could find a happy medium between the first and the last as far as the pattern overlay goes, or maybe change the pattern to a diagonal transparent and lower the opacity to give the bg a good texture so it won't look so plain
    Street Fighter since birth, literally.
    Graphic artist by day
    Kawaii pad player by night

Available for commissions.
    Ari♥

"These niggas live to hurt me." - Da Prince
    @Ohhaiari - agreed, good points. I'm just throwing some ideas out there quick and nasty.

I think I still have the file open and will try the diagonal overlay. The only reason I chose the print overlay was because of his comic book origins, I think if it was my design I might add another image or face into the mix as a transparent layer just to break it up a bit more.
    Very rough idea with diagonals - the lines could be thinner or more transparent depending on the effect:

QHZKRyn.png
    edited June 11
    HELLA ROUGH version with Swamp Thing peering through the buttons and a lighter print overlay:

That's it from me on this, hopefully it will give @ChaoticMonk some ideas!

zyspFYA.png

Post edited by jjsparx on
    edited June 11
    edited - gone
    Post edited by jjsparx on
  • BolSadguyBolSadguy Just a Bol of Sadguys Joined: Posts: 1,469
    Can you use the edit function instead of multi posting please and thank you
    @BolSadguy - Thanks for your input. I was throwing this all together on the fly. Edited my post now or use your super powers to remove that post.
    Sorry, I also thought this was the image thread? Are we not allowed to put images in here - they were different after all! Confused face.
    I'm not doing this again - I post images as they are needed to give examples. I'm just posting my commissions from now on. If you don't want multiple images in a thread about images then I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.
  • ChaoticMonkChaoticMonk Shut The Front Door Joined: Posts: 999
    @jjsparx wow! thanks for taking the time to put those together, very much appreciated :)