The NEW Official Arcade Stick Art Thread NO IMAGE QUOTING!

Comments

• 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 458
    rebrove wrote: »
    I've been looking through this thread at all the nice work folks have done and it finally gave me the inspiration to try my own hand at personalizing my new stick.

PlayingWithPower_zpshhccww8y.jpg

I've seen a few attempts to recapture that look of the NES Advantage, but I've never been totally pleased with any of them, so I figured I'd give it a shot myself. I was pretty thrilled with how well it all came together when completed.

Nes theme stick! Why didn't I think of that?!
    Very cool. Snes theme?
  • rebroverebrove Joined: Posts: 2
    7 5 0 wrote: »
    Nes theme stick! Why didn't I think of that?!
    Very cool. Snes theme?

I think the Super Advantage could lend itself to a slick looking stick if you did the multicolored buttons. I wanted something simpler though, and the NES one was that first real sort of arcade at home experience my generation longed to have.

That being said, I think it would be neat to see a SNES style one. After I get done revamping my Nyko Wand/gun attachment to look like the old NES Zapper I might get another stick for my son to use and try the Super next.
  • everythingWasBeeseverythingWasBees Full of questions Joined: Posts: 159
    edited May 2015
    Since an illustration I was commissioning kinda seems to have fallen through, I decided to put together art for my hitbox from a version of the bee in my avatar, inspired by the CYMK color scheme in this post: http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/comment/10184797/#Comment_10184797

M7tZvOj.png
    It's the first time I've attempted to make stick art, so any criticism would be very welcome. I tried to keep it simple but am not sure if I want to add a few solid lines or something to help balance it out a bit more. I'll need to get a button or two to color match, I think.

edit: I couldn't sleep so I tweaked it a more to make the left side more of a mirror of the right.
    8eBcQPY.png
    Post edited by everythingWasBees on
  • OhhaiariOhhaiari Deathcore Killed The Radio Star Joined: Posts: 181
    I love it, the colors, the bee, everything, keep it up! :]
    Street Fighter since birth, literally.
    Graphic artist by day
    Kawaii pad player by night

Available for commissions.
    Ari♥

"These niggas live to hurt me." - Da Prince
  • waspinat0rwaspinat0r Joined: Posts: 8
    Hi fellas. Long time lurker, just registered. This artwork is not done by me I just found it on the web and I liked it enough to consider putting them on my stick (Atrox). Next up I need to go to focus attack and get some appropriately colored ball tops and buttons.

au6C7xZ.jpg
    GBd2RyX.jpg
  • WendysthememerWendysthememer Joined: Posts: 4
    Hey everyone. I've got my art done but I'm not sure what I have to do now. I know I have to get it printed but what do I get it printed as? Like what kind of sheet for example. Are there any good places in Ontario to get it done? (I was thinking Staples). Also if I do go there do I print off my art from my printer and take it to them? Sorry I'm extremely new to this and don't want to mess it up!! >.<
  • OhhaiariOhhaiari Deathcore Killed The Radio Star Joined: Posts: 181
    I always print my stuff in 300dpi (gloss cardstock and CMYK color modes), I use a locally owned print shop to do it most of the time because I don't like the prices of most print places (Staples included). 300dpi, CMYK, gloss cardstock, can't go wrong.
    Street Fighter since birth, literally.
    Graphic artist by day
    Kawaii pad player by night

Available for commissions.
    Ari♥

"These niggas live to hurt me." - Da Prince
  • IceBerg303IceBerg303 Joined: Posts: 41
    Ohhaiari wrote: »
    I always print my stuff in 300dpi (gloss cardstock and CMYK color modes), I use a locally owned print shop to do it most of the time because I don't like the prices of most print places (Staples included). 300dpi, CMYK, gloss cardstock, can't go wrong.

I've found our local Meijer the most affordable of the super-mart print shops. My local printer wont do one-offs as cheap as meijer will.
    Custom mods available, located in North Central Indiana. Local and mail service available.
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,644
  • merkyofayceMFmerkyofayceMF KING OF THE ANTI-CLUTCH GENE Joined: Posts: 97
    Ha1tvcv.jpg
    There HAS to be a larger image of this. I kinda want to make a Disciple themed stick. It's one of my all time favorite cards. My favorite is my current av.
    DBAC is the code I live by

XBL - merkyofayceMF
    PSN - ever_so_black

one pump chump so I only play ultra for the moment.
  • RodmanSanRodmanSan Joined: Posts: 9
    edited May 2015
    New over here mostly as a lurker...:)

Trying to mod my Mad Catz TE2 Xbone version with some new graphics, but i notice that i suck with templates and getting graphics right.

So my request would be if somebody could help me out who is experienced with TE2 graphics (i would even like to pay some for your help).

Please PM me for details.
  • CloudTemplarCloudTemplar Joined: Posts: 4
    New here and well to Photoshop. My little brother's birthday is coming up this weekend and he loves his Arcade Stick. I was thinking of making him a custom art with his favourite character Kitana on it. Here's what I have so far in my one hour of Photoshop experiencevcvzq61m4tib.jpg
    . I could use some help from you Photoshop pros!
  • FreedomGundamFreedomGundam Freedom, ikimasu! Joined: Posts: 2,497
    New here and well to Photoshop. My little brother's birthday is coming up this weekend and he loves his Arcade Stick. I was thinking of making him a custom art with his favourite character Kitana on it. Here's what I have so far in my one hour of Photoshop experience
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020525/uploads/editor/8p/vcvzq61m4tib.jpg

Looks good for a first try.
    My notes/recommendations:

1) The MK logo is going to be too close to the mounting bolts

2) The word "Kitana" could use some spicing up, it currently looks a little plain

3) The character image on the left side is out of place; it's just floating there with no lower-body. Either find another piece of art to put there, or remove it entirely; you don't need to fill up every single empty spot on the surface.
    Current at-home stick: Hori VLX Kuro (LS-40-01 + PS-14-K)
    Current portable stick: Mad Catz TvC (LS-40-01 + PS-14-KN)
    Current guest-sticks: custom ABS Modular stick (JLF + OBSN-30), custom Saint-stick (Happ/IL Competition)
    Cabinet: custom "Resistor" cabinet (32" LCD, X360, P1=LS-32-01 + PS-14-KN, P2=JLF + OBSC-30)
    Previous sticks: custom Happ CvS2 Double-sticks, custom Happ Hitomi-stick & Xenosaga-stick, custom Sanwa/Seimitsu Neptune-stick and Sylvia-stick, modded Mad Catz TvC, modded Mad Catz Brawlstick, modded Hori FSVX, modded Exar Exaprize

Looking for:
    CPS2 (green or blue): Hyper SF2
    Naomi GD-ROM: SF Zero3 Upper, Puyo Puyo Fever, Triggerheart Excelica, Ikaruga
    I just found out that I was using the wrong template >.< He has the TE2. I didn't really have time to do what I wanted with the wordart. I was also thinking of adding blood splatter either across the name or on the buttons so I put them on both for now. Also I have no idea why the right image is blurry. It has the same image size as the one on the right. I gtg to work so I'll try again later tonight. Thanks for the help!w549u8phjx8g.jpg
    How about something like this?

u0XhMFM.jpg
  • d3vd3v Coughing DAT PINK SPIT Joined: Posts: 36,733 mod
    New here and well to Photoshop. My little brother's birthday is coming up this weekend and he loves his Arcade Stick. I was thinking of making him a custom art with his favourite character Kitana on it. Here's what I have so far in my one hour of Photoshop experience
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020525/uploads/editor/8p/vcvzq61m4tib.jpg
    That Queen Kitana image on the left is totally out of place.
    waspinat0r wrote: »

u0XhMFM.jpg

Wow that's a really sick background! Do you mind linking it to me or have a tutorial for it?
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,866
    waspinat0r wrote: »

I would move the left mortal kombat up, and the right TE2 up and to the right, the TE2 plexi goes under the bezel around it a bit so it would cut some off your art off.

edited May 2015
    Thanks for the suggestions dudes, but I was really just trying to do @CloudTemplar a solid, so if he doesn't like it or want me to fiddle with it per your suggestions, I probably won't mess with it anymore. @Wendysthememer I just found it on google image search by typing blue background. ;)
    edited May 2015
    Whatcha think doods? Thinking of throwing in transluscent red and smoke buttons for the neato LEDs. Wonder what kind of ball top I could get. Maybe transluscent red?

XB1 TE2:

bKc0lIl.jpg
    edited May 2015
    Here is my new and improved art. I was asking one of my friends who's an artist and he was saying there's too much blue and that the other background I posted above was better. He was also saying to maybe add colours around the buttons like a Purple, Jade, or Orange along with the word Kitana. What do you guys think?
    1pcconljhtpr.jpg
    I gotta say man, it looks like it's going to come out a blurry mess. No offense intended.
    So back to the old background then!
  • LordGlyphLordGlyph Joined: Posts: 63
    So can someone tell me how to attach images from my computer to a post?? I know to grab images from the web, but I've taken my own images via camera etc... and want to show them, but I can't seem to figure this out. Would someone be nice enough to explain step by step?? I would appreciate it
    Yeah, man. Just upload the image to Imgur.com and the copy/paste the BBCode section of your uploaded image and it will insert the image into the post for you.
  • LordGlyphLordGlyph Joined: Posts: 63
    Thanks I appreciate it
    Very nice! I really like the Oni piece.
  • hibachifinalhibachifinal 後方互換性 Joined: Posts: 1,644
    etched mirror plexi
    tumblr_noi1bot0Ms1rmse96o1_r1_1280.jpg
  • IceBerg303IceBerg303 Joined: Posts: 41
    etched mirror plexi

I really want to see how this looks when you get it done and installed, Looks very cool so far.

Custom mods available, located in North Central Indiana. Local and mail service available.
    edited May 2015
    Well, LED board is still on its way to me, but I got the art, buttons, octo-gate, balltop. and 2lb spring put in. Pleased so far! (Forgive potato quality phone pic)

z1lLTY0.jpg
  • kikimaru024kikimaru024 Mid-tier scrub Joined: Posts: 1,693
    edited May 2015
    Got linked a pretty neat image upscaler.
    http://waifu2x.udp.jp/

zFht9z1.png
    Seimitsu & K-sticks > Sanwa JLF.
    This truth is not universally acknowledged.
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,366
    I do feel you loose some detail.
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
    Hey @waspinat0r where did you get your art printed? I'm not sure where or how to do it. I know all the things you have to get it printed as like 300dpi and all that but do I have to print it out on a normal white sheet and bring it to Staples and they do it there? Someone else was saying Kinko's which leads to a Fed Ex site. Do they ship to your address? I'm so confused. I'm more of a step 1 step 2 kind of guy :P
  • kogyarukogyaru Joined: Posts: 54
    edited May 2015
    6ZQTqUW.jpg

Finally done; now to wait for my TE2 and new plexi to arrive.
    Post edited by kogyaru on
  • dukmunkydukmunky Joined: Posts: 6
    Hey everyone! I love all the art on this forum- I have looked at almost all of it at this point and it is making me want to put together some art for my TE2.

Problem is I know absolutely nothing about Photoshop. Is there anyone who would be willing to help me out with a relatively straight forward design if I have some images to blend/layer? It's a red/black design for MKX involving some combination of Kano,Ermac,Ferra/Torr and Erron Black.

• djb1gedjb1ge '09er - aka "Big E" of Big E's Customs Joined: Posts: 200
    dukmunky wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I love all the art on this forum- I have looked at almost all of it at this point and it is making me want to put together some art for my TE2.

Problem is I know absolutely nothing about Photoshop. Is there anyone who would be willing to help me out with a relatively straight forward design if I have some images to blend/layer? It's a red/black design for MKX involving some combination of Kano,Ermac,Ferra/Torr and Erron Black.

How's this?

mksrk.jpg
  • halfamhalfam Joined: Posts: 1
    edited May 2015
    All of your artwork is great. It's sad because I know how to use photoshop but my creativity is gone. Only if one of you could help me put my ideas into play :( Like that Morrigan and Poison up above are perfection but I wanted to have a Chuunibyou (Rikka) themed art and a Vega(claw)/Bison(dictator) themed one. I guess I really look for artwork that isn't too crowded and artwork that isnt too minimalistic.
  • Mr_FlamencoMr_Flamenco Joined: Posts: 6
    Hi there everyone,
    this is my first attempt to do a fight stick artwork.

Art%20Hobbies%20TE%202%20SFV_Template2_7Flattened_zpspltuqb8i.jpg

above was the final design in photoshop.

20150521_223458_zpsqwthycxt.jpg
    this was a test to how the actually artwork fits.. the final design is sent to tek-innovation to get proper cutouts and better quality print.. (hopefully)

please feel free to leave a constructive critique