The NEW Official Arcade Stick Art Thread NO IMAGE QUOTING!

Comments

• FoxBlazeFoxBlaze Lets get it. Joined: Posts: 78
    edited July 2
    @mhugh003 you could also add the render image from google that you want to use as a layer and have it set as an overlay.
    Post edited by FoxBlaze on
    https://arcadiacustoms.tumblr.com/
    I take commissions upon request so if interested, Feel free to Hit me up through a PM or contact me through my Email foxblaze2016@gmail.com.

PSN: ArmadaBeatz
    Steam: Armada
    Fightcade: Armada101
  • mhugh003mhugh003 Joined: Posts: 101
    edited July 2
    You guys are awesome, I looked up pattern overlays and it's exactly what I needed.

It looks like I can define anything as a pattern and add it as a new layer to the image.

Edit:

I think I like this.. teetering back and forth on it being too busy though:

9duSKdY.jpg
    Post edited by mhugh003 on
    -Mikael
  • CypenCypen Joined: Posts: 1
    Hello,

May I request a commission of a Rainbow Mika custom using the Razer Panthera layout?

Please and Thank you.
    Cypen wrote: »
    Hello,

May I request a commission of a Rainbow Mika custom using the Razer Panthera layout?

Please and Thank you.

PM'd
    I take commissions upon request so if interested, Feel free to Hit me up through a PM or contact me through my Email foxblaze2016@gmail.com.

• guillesickguillesick Joined: Posts: 1
    Hello, artists! May I request a commission of a Metroid artwork with black, green, and blue as predominant colors (in that order) using the Razer Atrox for xbox360 layout?
  • DAyalaDAyala Joined: Posts: 21
    Greetings,

I am curious if anyone has the New Ryu/Akuma Razer Panther Graphic in png format? Or can do something similar for me for a Arcade PC Custom VLX Case that I will be getting in the near future?

My other option would be a sick Cammy design for the same case which will mostly be the color black.

Thanks for anyone that takes the time to help me.
  • jjsparxjjsparx Joined: Posts: 93
    New commission for a Fantastic Four piece on the back of a custom stick (so no pesky buttons to design around):

EMtN9He.jpg
    What am I, chopped liver?
  • TheMysteriousDocTheMysteriousDoc Joined: Posts: 1
    edited July 7
    Hey so I'm thinking about upgrading my very first arcade stick. I have had a rap 4 Kai for like a year and a half now and I want to replace the gate, buttons, and the default artwork. Can I possibly request/commission a persona 5 protagonist or a JoJo's bizarre adventure one? I am not sure how this thread works so any help would me much appreciated. Thanks again.
  • j3ypsj3yps thejphimself Joined: Posts: 11
    anybody have a link or file for the Hori Fighting Stick V3/VX template? the link on the first page isn't working anymore :(
    A noob trying to learn

Hori Real Arcade Pro V Silent (DIY Octa-gate)
    Mad Catz TE2+ (DIY Octa-gate insert)
    Twitter: thejphimself
    YouTube: JP Himself
    FB Group: Arcade Stick Aficionado Philippines
  • j3ypsj3yps thejphimself Joined: Posts: 11
    jjsparx wrote: »

Nope, that template is for the HRAP and i'm looking for the Fighting Stick V3/VX.

Like this one
    IMG_3086_zps24fbfeed.jpg

:)
    A noob trying to learn

Hori Real Arcade Pro V Silent (DIY Octa-gate)
    Mad Catz TE2+ (DIY Octa-gate insert)
    Twitter: thejphimself
    YouTube: JP Himself
    FB Group: Arcade Stick Aficionado Philippines
    Ah, I see - there's just too many of these God damn sticks!
  • eyeamg0dlyeyeamg0dly Joined: Posts: 1
    new stick, requesting artwork ;)
  • pantherbrujahpantherbrujah Joined: Posts: 1
    edited July 10
    Looking for someone to help me get some art of my new main Katarina onto my TES+

Thanks in advanced XOXO

EDIT: Someone has been commissioned for the art!
    Thanks!
    Post edited by pantherbrujah on
    psn:Objection_OXOX

• deadxobbitdeadxobbit Joined: Posts: 46
    @jjsparx Woah, that looks gorgeous! Great job!
  • genigeni Joined: Posts: 302
    Holy shit!!! That's so nice!!!!!!!
    @deadxobbit @geni Thanks for the feedback guys. It was definitely a collaborative effort with @eyeamg0dly who commissioned it. Lots of alternative versions before we came to this!
    @jjsparx for your work is thier currently anyone in que?
  • SakamotoSakamoto No Mames Guey! Joined: Posts: 14
    edited July 12
    The Hori FSV3/VX template link isn't working. :( can't seem to find it anywhere else.
    Anyone have a working template link?
    edited July 13
    Trying to figure out a way to make the bottom right Holo not look like a cheap cutout. I'm going to screen that layer to get the brightness closer to the BG first, but..

The edges on the render show up really jagged without adding "inner glow" but it still doesn't look right after that.

Do you you guys use feather or something? Then outer glow to blend into the background?

MqrDQ67.jpg
    -Mikael
    @mhugh003 how big is the original image and what method are you using to scale it up / down in Photoshop?

There's a version of your image that's 2000 x 1600 px here: http://imgur.com/bRazVLC which is more than large enough to use without scaling up. I've had a quick look at it in PS and it looks OK to use.

You won't see a lot of these issues when printed unless you look under a magnifying glass.
    @jjsparx thanks.

That's the image I'm using actually.

It's 72dpi, so I ctrl + alt + i (forgot what this is called) and change to to 300dpi after checking the resample box to keep it from increasing in size.

I think I shrunk it down 2 inches from that point, but it was just the default bicubic setting in the dropdown box.

You're probably right though, I bet you can't really tell after its come out of the printer. I should just stop looking at 100%

I'm going to lighten that layer a bit, then just get it printed.

Thanks again for your help, your work is awesome. I've learned a lot from looking at your posts and trying to mimic certain things.
    -Mikael
    @mhugh003 yeah the resolution is a bit low, but it should still work OK once printed. You can spend hours tidying up the tiniest details when you're zoomed in and then when it's printed you can't even tell you've worked on tidying anything up!

For future reference, Bicubic Sharpner is best for size reduction, but if the original is half decent it doesn't normally affect the result that much anyway. Putting those kind of images on a decent background also helps hide any imperfections pretty well. Outer / inner glow, feathered layer mask and other tricks also help.

It's also worth noting that some subtle background effects and colours need to be exaggerated and made more visible sometimes so they actually appear on the final print, it's hard to work out what's going to show and what isn't, especially as it also depends on the printer and inks used.

Thanks for the feedback - no design is ever 100% original, it's all been done before and we take bits and pieces that inspire us from other designs we like and use them in our own work.

Hope your pint comes out OK!
  • HFXHFX out of practice abel Joined: Posts: 4,739
    edited July 14
    I've pre-ordered an etokki omni stick and thinking of commissioning something zato(guilty gear) related, i have the zato image that i want to use, am more looking for someone that can design a nice background + small details/tweaks to make it look sick

p/s: not rushing, i'd like to see your works so far first... thanks
    Post edited by HFX on
    Kanagawa/Malaysia - Team FRB Japan 2012 Til Infinity
    https://twitter.com/abelity_
  • SinfulBankaiSinfulBankai Get ready to die!!!!!!!!! I like Jin and Urien Joined: Posts: 7
    Can any post some Yoshikage Kira stick art?
  • KlitzKlitz Joined: Posts: 27
    edited July 14
    Hello. Looking for some help with some Zangief art for a SFxT fightstick pro. I kinda have an idea of what I would like and have some pics set aside but also wouldn't mind some input/ideas. Thanks in advance :)

Edit: Found someone. Thanks again
    Post edited by Klitz on
  • OhhaiariOhhaiari Deathcore Killed The Radio Star Joined: Posts: 166
    Beautiful. ♥♥
    Street Fighter since birth, literally.
    Graphic artist by day
    Kawaii pad player by night

Available for commissions.
    Ari♥

"These niggas live to hurt me." - Da Prince
  • Bulvine420Bulvine420 Joined: Posts: 3
    I have made a template art for my mayflash f500. How should I print this? If this is not the place to ask these questions please send a link my way.
    @Cubits now that really is a piece of art!
    does anyone know the Image Size of the 24mm semitsu buttons cutouts? for my start select and guide buttons i wanted twitch logos
  • CubitsCubits Australian Stick Maker Joined: Posts: 75
    Thanks everyone! I'm rubbish with photoshop, but autocad is my life. :p
    geni wrote: »
    does anyone know the Image Size of the 24mm semitsu buttons cutouts? for my start select and guide buttons i wanted twitch logos

17mm diameter. I just calipered one of the white inserts to check.
  • OhhaiariOhhaiari Deathcore Killed The Radio Star Joined: Posts: 166
    I'm pretty sure that stickart alone makes that pad worth $2-$300
    Street Fighter since birth, literally.
    Graphic artist by day
    Kawaii pad player by night

Available for commissions.
    Ari♥

"These niggas live to hurt me." - Da Prince
    im struggling with the sizing, could someone size these images for me to fit in the inserts

https://seeklogo.com/images/T/twitch-tv-logo-51C922E0F0-seeklogo.com.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp2w22d8eQ1r0qqddo1_250.png

• LynariahLynariah Joined: Posts: 1
    edited July 16
    Hello Guys :)

I suck @ Photoshop so I came to the question if I could request a Artwork for the Madcatz TE2+ ? Artwork should go with the new Elphelt from GGXrd Rev2 - I'm amazed by the Dizzy Stick Artwork by mhugh003 earlier in this Thread - should be something like that. Can give a gratuity for the Artist aswell ! For Questions just PM me :)

so far
    Lynariah

Edit : Got someone !!! But many Thanks for the requests !
    Post edited by Lynariah on
  • KuraioKuraio Joined: Posts: 5
    edited July 16
    Hi o/
    First time poster so I don't know if this would pass, but I was wondering if I could also request an artwork for the Hori RAP V? Would like the design to be Kanna (the dragon loli) or just loli themed... If anyone would like to help me with my request, then please do PM me. Thanks guys!

Edit: Already talking with someone. Thanks for the PMs!
    Post edited by Kuraio on
  • ScombiesScombies Joined: Posts: 1
    edited July 18
    Looking to commission art for my Panzer 3. Wanting to do a Guilty Gear Raven stick but the only thing really set in stone is button colours, haven't even settled on any sort of art. If you're up for a bit of creative freedom, hit me up.
    Post edited by Scombies on
  • SoftShocksSoftShocks Joined: Posts: 75
    My current stick
    15541315_1166799993367222_8420941862717038320_n.jpg?oh=be9e47741094fac05271b6a6f752a05c&oe=59F9DAB9
  • jopamojopamo Stuck in Silly-con Valley Joined: Posts: 906
    SoftShocks wrote: »
    My current stick

Nice. Although it might be better to post that HERE instead.

Latest commission for another Elphelt design (bit different to the last one) on a TE2+:

AUT7Ol9.jpg
    Speaking of Guilty gear, Did one myself for a client recently themed around Milia for the Mayflash F300.
    NJLEA3Z.jpg