The NEW Official Arcade Stick Art Thread NO IMAGE QUOTING!

1302303304305306308»

Comments

• DarkHadou88DarkHadou88 Believe in yourself Joined: Posts: 285
    Looking for someone to help me do a commission for obsidian. it either be something of love live or guilty gear of dizzy/elphelt valentine combo or single. cant make up my mind yet. please let me know. thanks!
    Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.
    --Bruce Lee
  • GrayFoxRJGrayFoxRJ Joined: Posts: 1
    edited October 6
    I'm looking for someone to do a New Netcity overlay for a Mad Catz Soul Calibur V. For now I can't pay, but I accept at leasts looking into comission' estimates - if no free help available - just to know how much a work like this is. Thanks.
  • sharingamsharingam Joined: Posts: 2
    69keab.jpg
  • KuraioKuraio Joined: Posts: 13
    Art dump ahead.

I need some help with what design to choose for my stick. Currently, I'm liking the manga panels/images as the background(hence the multiple variations >_>), but I would like some input from others as my taste in design is really meh. I also think that the plain black on the right needs something more, but I only have a vague idea of what to put there.
    I'm also using translucent buttons so I want to maximize that as much as possible.

Any kind of criticism is fine as I'm hoping to improve. Thanks :)

Loading Screen BG
    H3uDHMK.jpg

Manga Panels BG
    v1
    1v0K5Ie.jpg
    v2
    4irTGD9.jpg
    v3
    ddOHcmt.jpg
    v4
    wAEwAac.jpg

Phantom Thieves BG
    v1
    nl5J0NS.jpg
    v2
    GFJza24.jpg

PoaGUFN.jpg

• OhhaiariOhhaiari Deathcore Killed The Radio Star Joined: Posts: 181
    v2 manga with the blue tint from the bottom three pics would be nice
    Street Fighter since birth, literally.
    Graphic artist by day
    Kawaii pad player by night

Available for commissions.
    Ari♥

"These niggas live to hurt me." - Da Prince
  • GoMorrisGoMorris Joined: Posts: 4
    edited October 8
    I’m no good when it comes to photoshop and designing in photo/art software but I try. I have a custom art work theme I would like someone to improve upon and fix it up for me even spice it up a notch.

I ordered my button and joystick kit weeks ago that just sitting in the box but I’m missing art work before I begin the project I want to be able to replace the artwork while I’m already replacing everything else. I have the MayFlash F500/Venom type layout.

And I will very much so compensate for the work just let me know if you are interested in helping me out.
    Thanks

11816oo.jpg

Post edited by GoMorris on
  • TastyWhiffTastyWhiff Joined: Posts: 11
    edited October 8
    @Kuraio can i ask where you got that background for loading screen? everything i find still has the date on it.
    @Ohhaiari Noted. Will try that once I get back on my PC.

@TastyWhiff I got the BG from https://spriters-resource.com/playstation_3/persona5/sheet/92120/
  • FewtchFewtch Joined: Posts: 2
    2Kzeaz0.png
    I'm a bit at a loss for where to go from here with my Hitbox redesign. This art will be printed in lenticular, so elements that overlap will clearly stand out over their background. Current layers are Background>Stars>A different layer of stars>Button Outline Pattern>VS. Buttons will be Clear Sanwa with silencer, haven't made up my mind about the LEDs yet.
    This is the version without the VS, for comparison. Any ideas would be welcome, thank you!
    zBCDTHt.png
    Tried going with what @Ohhaiari suggested and re-arranged some panels/images to make more room for more Futaba images.
    I'm fairly happy with the result, but I would still like to get some feedback from you guys again :)

Red outline on the Persona 5 logo
    Y6W4IzJ.jpg

No red outline on the Persona 5 logo
    MyoMjMu.jpg
  • FewtchFewtch Joined: Posts: 2
    Kuraio wrote: »
    Tried going with what @Ohhaiari suggested and re-arranged some panels/images to make more room for more Futaba images.
    I'm fairly happy with the result, but I would still like to get some feedback from you guys again :)

Red outline for sure! Might even make it slightly thicker, as it wont be as easy to see once its printed.
  • P3G3DesignsP3G3Designs Artist Of The Century Joined: Posts: 66
    Normally what I would do is when putting black and white in the foreground and color in the background I overlay a texture in the background or use a primary color as a focal point. Unless you were looking for that flat look in the background outline for the persona is nice but a drop shadow with a lower opacity would work better to me
    Project
    Shop
    "Im with my friends doing hood s*&^ "
    Check out the link for inquiries
  • sadboysadboy Joined: Posts: 50
    edited October 10

Don't take this personally, as I think the basic layout looks fine, but the right side with the text and company logos makes it look like a cover or instruction manual.
    Thanks for all the comments and don't worry @sadboy, I welcome all criticisms. It helps me improve :) As to why I added those in - It's because I don't have any idea what to put there and it was empty.
    @P3G3Designs I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time visualizing what you meant. If it's okay with you, could you link me an example? Sorry and I do agree that it looks flat tho.
  • P3G3DesignsP3G3Designs Artist Of The Century Joined: Posts: 66
    @P3G3Designs I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time visualizing what you meant. If it's okay with you, could you link me an example? Sorry and I do agree that it looks flat tho.
    It’s hard to explain in words unless you are kinda familiar with photoshop I guess. If you have the file uploaded I can edit and show you ?
    Project
    Shop
    "Im with my friends doing hood s*&^ "
    Check out the link for inquiries
    It’s hard to explain in words unless you are kinda familiar with photoshop I guess. If you have the file uploaded I can edit and show you ?

I'm gonna take you up on that offer :), but the psd file is on my PC at home. I'll upload/sent it as soon as I get back! Thanks!

edited October 11
    @Kuraio digging the progress, remember that one of the super awesome things about Persona is how stylish the HUD and user interface actually are. I would find some explosive font for her name similar to what they use in the game and maybe expand the thieves guild logo so the right side has a certain flow to it and doesn't just look thrown together like a subway footlong. Not that I'm saying yours are I'm just extremely critical and obsessive compulsive about these things
    Graphic artist by day

Ari♥

@Ohhaiari Thanks for your input! I've started looking for a way to copy the way they write the calling cards in-game and use that to make/write Futaba's name and replace the "Navi/ The Hermit" that's currently on the design. I was also thinking of just copying how it's designed on the official page here atlus.com/persona5/characters-futaba.html or maybe like this gamersheroes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Persona-5-Confidant-Guide-Futaba.jpg.

As for the logos on the bottoms, I'm definitely keeping the Persona 5 as well as the Thieves Guild(I might look for a higher quality one instead) and maybe the protags mask while discarding the others. I also found this and thought it might be a good addition or a replacement if I were to go and remove everything on the right side.
    32746386444_d112cef7bf_z.jpg

@P3G3Designs I've sent you the psd file. Thanks!
    The second image or maybe some alternatives to said font could definitely work, let me know how it goes!
    Graphic artist by day

Ari♥

• dela04dela04 Joined: Posts: 27
    I just wanted to put this here. This is from a long time ago d3v and I made this knock off asian TE background:
    13zvnn.jpg
    If any one would like to get the .psd for this feel free to hit me up. Or if you'd like this adjusted for other templates or in different colors hit me up. I'm sure an old background would look good on a newer stick.

30 posts to go.
  • dela04dela04 Joined: Posts: 27
    edited October 12
    Somehow my last posted comment was placed in this thread accidentally.

29 posts to go.
  • FoxBlazeFoxBlaze Lets get it. Joined: Posts: 93
    Quite a few pieces that I've done thus far.

Persona F300
    DJ5ehdaWAAAAYUl.jpg

Birdie SFV TE2+
    DKHiA25X0AE_7Wz.jpg

Baiken HRAP4 Kai
    DLFjbdxW0AUuPTU.jpg

Chun li X Cammy Panthera
    DLLIwlcXkAEyY79.jpg

Gengar Qanba Dragon
    DLfTD-_X0AA4xAg.jpg

Street Fighter Panthera
    DLonL3IXUAAUoct.jpg

https://arcadiacustoms.tumblr.com/
    I take commissions upon request so if interested, Feel free to Hit me up through a PM, Visit my Twitter Page (https://twitter.com/ArcadiaCustoms) or contact me through my Email foxblaze2016@gmail.com.

PSN: ArmadaBeatz
    Steam: Armada
    Fightcade: Armada101
  • SnubnozeSnubnoze Joined: Posts: 48
    edited October 16
    Fewtch wrote: »
    I'm a bit at a loss for where to go from here with my Hitbox redesign. This art will be printed in lenticular, so elements that overlap will clearly stand out over their background. Current layers are Background>Stars>A different layer of stars>Button Outline Pattern>VS. Buttons will be Clear Sanwa with silencer, haven't made up my mind about the LEDs yet.
    This is the version without the VS, for comparison. Any ideas would be welcome, thank you!
    I'd recommend NOT using the "VS" as the other version looks much cleaner and better.
    Post edited by Snubnoze on
  • djb1gedjb1ge '09er - aka "Big E" of Big E's Customs Joined: Posts: 201
    Another Commissions/Design Dump

NES Advantage Mimic
    sIY2lUY.png

SFV Akuma Design
    i6RPYJs.png

Lili X Asuka Design
    NxooUJf.png

Rick and Morty Design
    7TN79lF.png

Super Street Fighter II Design
    Dd18u9n.png

I AM open for more commissions! DM me if interested.
  • jadflatjadflat Joined: Posts: 18
    @djb1ge I'm really digging these designs, nice work!
    Hey for those of you looking for commissions I'm gonna be designing stickart for $10 this week. I have a portfolio ready too!
    Graphic artist by day

Ari♥

• jadflatjadflat Joined: Posts: 18
    @Ohhaiari that's a great offer, you're tempting me :)
  • LLeg3ndLLeg3nd Always Eating Joined: Posts: 266
    Ohhaiari wrote: »
    Hey for those of you looking for commissions I'm gonna be designing stickart for $10 this week. I have a portfolio ready too!

I will probably hit you up for something!
    twitch.tv/lleg3nd
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo Joined: Posts: 5
    edited October 20
    Hey guys, I got bored to death at work and made bunch of "Artwork" for the current PS4/XBONE/PC Hitbox. I used the template provided by FA.

It's nothing special, really. It's mostly high resolution weebs pictures taken off various websitse with some minor adjustments. If you're interested in some of them let me know, I'll share the .PSD (all .PSD are in 300 DPI, uncensored and ready for printing).

6n05fKu.jpg

Lb6JoQy.jpg

fdlvklX.jpg

s80Cf2m.jpg

9lGi5Rn.jpg

zo9qBWA.jpg

wLnpV23.jpg

a9BYrui.jpg

SzlKs5M.jpg

S6LZKuD.jpg

2bcsSCD.jpg

XdtDin3.jpg

9Omm1Ho.jpg

pM3IoUQ.jpg

k5v4cfy.jpg

Hgx9VLy.jpg

Ds8956Z.jpg

1Hzrmfg.jpg

8quZFHB.jpg

JQV7YJB.jpg

gMUs43r.jpg

Y2TIgmd.jpg

5JsBWfO.jpg

hmiqxBR.jpg

8hL7svR.jpg

nThcWEW.jpg

Post edited by squiddlydoo on
  • FoxBlazeFoxBlaze Lets get it. Joined: Posts: 93
    Had posted this on my twitter so I'd figure I should here as well. with the ideas that be coming across my mind nowadays, I'm Gonna be giving away custom graphics for certain fight sticks every now and then and to start that off, if anyone is interested Im giving away this Panthera Art I put together not to long ago seeing as I have no use for it.
    DMHZZiuWsAYwVor.jpg
    If interested and want it for yours, PM me and I'll send over the PSD.
    https://arcadiacustoms.tumblr.com/
    I take commissions upon request so if interested, Feel free to Hit me up through a PM, Visit my Twitter Page (https://twitter.com/ArcadiaCustoms) or contact me through my Email foxblaze2016@gmail.com.

PSN: ArmadaBeatz
    Steam: Armada
    Fightcade: Armada101
  • ykdykd Tekken Player Joined: Posts: 60
    Ohhaiari wrote: »

Hey man, fire me a link to your portfolio if you don't mind, curious to see some of your work !
  • ykdykd Tekken Player Joined: Posts: 60
    edited October 20
    Hey guys, I got bored to death at work and made bunch of "Artwork" for the current PS4/XBONE/PC Hitbox. I used the template provided by FA.

It's nothing special, really. It's mostly high resolution weebs pictures taken off various websitse with some minor adjustments. If you're interested in some of them let me know, I'll share the .PSD (all .PSD are in 300 DPI, ready for printing)

Whoever is in #7,8 here, wow. I need to know more lol. Very nice templates though! Don't know many of the characters, but you're doing a great job.
    Post edited by Preppy on
  • squiddlydoosquiddlydoo Joined: Posts: 5
    edited October 19
    ykd wrote: »

It's nothing special, really. It's mostly high resolution weebs pictures taken off various websitse with some minor adjustments. If you're interested in some of them let me know, I'll share the .PSD (all .PSD are in 300 DPI, ready for printing)

Whoever is in #7,8 here, wow. I need to know more lol. Very nice templates though! Don't know many of the characters, but you're doing a great job.

This is Widomaker from the game Overwatch. Also, be careful when quoting a post with tons of images ;)
  • mobbdeepmobbdeep king of srk Joined: Posts: 417
    edited October 23
    can anybody do some laura type obsidian custom artwork for me.
    Beast_Mode552 capcom fight id
  • CuraeLCuraeL Cherry Blossom Blizzard Joined: Posts: 105
    JxtQHod.jpg

New stick art. Just got demoted 3 ranks with Josie, STILL gonna put her on the stick, if you know what I mean. :D You can check out the final stick over in the New Arcade Stick thread.
    I've made my fair share of free artwork - you want, you pay.
    Nothing in this world is free.

SChHzIg.png
  • djb1gedjb1ge '09er - aka "Big E" of Big E's Customs Joined: Posts: 201
    More designs!

SFV M. Bison - MadCatz SFIV SE
    jllCNPF.png

Black Panther Design - Hori RAP 4 Kai
    wXHueO5.png

GG Rev 2 Baiken - MadCatz TE-S+
    L28vsur.png

SFV Akuma Design - MadCatz TE-S+
    Sy0XOll.png