What Stick/Controller Should I Buy? Read the Guide on Pg 1 Before Posting.

Comments

• mortiszmortisz Joined: Posts: 30
    No, because it's not dual compatible out of the box like the I've I linked to. The "easy upgrade" part means you can easily swap in sanwa or Seimitsu parts, which you can do with the v2 as well. Also, the brawl sick art is hideous and way more difficult to swap.
    completely agree with the art being hideous lol just wanted make sure since i remember reading about it. guess the mayflash it is but firs ps store has some deal i need to jump on :D

final question any idea on the weight? since i dont live in the states i gotta use a mail address in usa service and they charge me by the pound would like to know more or less what to expect for shipment
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,455
    Amazon has the shipping weight listed as 6.4 lbs.
    Play Crimzon Clover, or go to hell.
  • CookieSoupCookieSoup Joined: Posts: 80
    Yeah, and unless I'm mistaken those are ready to get from eBay in Europe. Plus they're really cheap.

Yep, like 30$ and most come with their own set of wiring harnesses too. Really cheap.

This sounds most excellent, I'll definitely look into these. Thanks for the advice, guys!
    Thanks for putting up with my questions hopefully ill be purchasing within next 2 weeks
  • KwiskasKwiskas Joined: Posts: 20
    Hello,

I'm looking for advice, I hope I'm posting it to the right place...
    So, to summarize in the way of the first page.

Needs:
    1) Connect on my PC, perfectly, not a bloody driver problem or anything
    2) Connect on a PS3 occasionnaly (If I need adapters/modding, it's fine)
    3) As I was playing on the numpad on PC, I'd like something that looks like it in terms of layout (I guess the best is vewlix?), if this looks reasonable.

Wants:
    Something NEW with no lag. I could solder, but also 3D print, if that's relevant. (Someone tried to do a 3D printed case for a controller ?)
    With what I read, I have the feeling that Full Sanwa is great, and what I'd like to arrive to, if possible.

Budget: A fightstick with a TCO < 150€, including shipping in Belgium (Yeah that small country in Europe!).

Last point:
    Street Fighter IV SE. $59.99 -> Not available in traditional stores (amazon.de/fr/it/co.uk // ebay belgium // standard gaming shops in Belgium) => Impossible to use it as base
    WWE Brawl SE -> Available but ugly => Skip
    Mad Catz Arcade FightStick Korean Edition, Round 1 TE, TE Round 2, Marvel VS Capcom 2 TE, TE "S", MLG TE, TE S, Street Fighter X Tekken Fight Stick Pro -> Unavailable
    TE 2 and variants (like the USFIV edition) => 200€ including shipping => Above budget

Anyone has an idea for out of the box controller, or even DIY ones with these requirements?
    Start from scratch is ok for me, but in that case, which store should I trust? Lots of store were given as links in this forum, but I don't know:
    1) Which ones are delivering in europe without "insane" shipping costs
    2) Which one are still existing (i.e. the company is not out of business)

Thanks for your info!

• LucidMomentumLucidMomentum No Money, No Problems Joined: Posts: 35
    Kwiskas wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks for your info!

If PS3 and PC are all you need, go with this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zero-Delay-USB-Encoder-To-PS2-PS3-PC-Arcade-Joystick-For-5Pin-Happ-Button-Mame-/201244651099?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2edb1dae5b

Pick up a case here:
    http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=12&subcat=&item=120

(The Panzer would be a good option but Jasen is on a break due to service in the military)

Then get whatever joystick and buttons you wish from Paradise Arcade or Focus Attack.

Should cost you around 125$ before shipping. Problem is shipping to Belgium is pretty rough.

You might be able to try somewhere like Playasia for a Qanba arcade stick, as most of those will do PS3/PC/360 and shipping to Belgium may be less expensive.
    What about a Zero Delay Encoder PCB? Don't those work on PC? Could just shove it in the Qanba case and then try to work on the Qanba PCB if you wanted to.

I'd like to clear one thing up as my knowledge on PCBs isn't the best. This is a fully functioning substitute, right? Your last sentence kinda confused me.
    Yep! It's a fully functioning PCB for the PC / PS3 / PS2, complete with cables and harness.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/148938/zd-arcade-control-encoder-and-zd-rematch-ps3-ps2-pc-the-most-cost-efficient-pcbs-to-date

I meant you could then take a look at the Qanba PCB and see if you want to try and work on it if it looks like a minor repair job. If not, then you've got the ZD PCB that works fine.

You can find them on Ebay for around $20. Just get the 5-Pin harness ones for the joystick, as those will take the Sanwa JLF sticks and such.

Hell, you could put all this in a briefcase / Tupperware box and it'd still work pretty well. Shipping the case will probably be your most expensive issue.
    edited January 2015
    The Panzer looks really nice.

I'm also thinking to start with a mayflash v2 (I've read in this forum that it was *correct*). Apparently it ships for only 25€ in europe. It's a lower TCO than the tek innovations system.
    Maybe the mayflash v2 should be displayed in the first post? Or it's not ready yet ?

I'll study the difference between Qanba R4 RAF from playasia, and the mayflash v2+sanwa. Thanks for the links!
    Yep! It's a fully functioning PCB for the PC / PS3 / PS2, complete with cables and harness.

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discussion/148938/zd-arcade-control-encoder-and-zd-rematch-ps3-ps2-pc-the-most-cost-efficient-pcbs-to-date

I meant you could then take a look at the Qanba PCB and see if you want to try and work on it if it looks like a minor repair job. If not, then you've got the ZD PCB that works fine.

You can find them on Ebay for around $20. Just get the 5-Pin harness ones for the joystick, as those will take the Sanwa JLF sticks and such.

Hell, you could put all this in a briefcase / Tupperware box and it'd still work pretty well. Shipping the case will probably be your most expensive issue.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. Yeah I'll probably end up sticking to my Q1 and then replace parts step by step, I don't mind the case and it'll allow me to keep my spendings to a minimum instead of just going all out on a new stick just for one faulty PCB.
    CookieSoup wrote: »
    Alright, thanks for clearing that up. Yeah I'll probably end up sticking to my Q1 and then replace parts step by step, I don't mind the case and it'll allow me to keep my spendings to a minimum instead of just going all out on a new stick just for one faulty PCB.

If you like the buttons and stick that currently fit in the Q1, the encoder is literally all you need to buy. The hardest part will be getting the Q1 PCB out and figuring out where to put the new one in the case.

If you like the buttons and stick that currently fit in the Q1, the encoder is literally all you need to buy. The hardest part will be getting the Q1 PCB out and figuring out where to put the new one in the case.

I'll probably end up switching to a Sanwa joystick and buttons as time moves on, so I went ahead and ordered the 5pin PCB. The wait begins
  • StyxStyx Joined: Posts: 14
    edited February 2015
    Nvm.
    Post edited by Styx on
  • DarksakulDarksakul Your lack of faith disturbs me Joined: Posts: 23,823
    Anyone familiar with this stick?

http://www.amazon.de/Playstation-Arcade-Stick-Kabelgebunden-Lizenziert/dp/B00NHDSINS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1422097046&sr=8-2&keywords=arcade+stick

I don't know German so I am not sure if I can make everything out.

I got this out of Google Translate
    Officially licensed by Sony product
    Exclusive dual format for PlayStation 4 PlayStation 3
    Contemporary chic and compactly designed, the perfect addition to any PS4 - and PS3
    Authentic joysticks and buttons in slots quality
    8 button layout with turbo function and the unique PS4 Share Button
    Original layout and components in premium quality
    But still easy to carry desingned for comfort and stability
    4 meter USB cable
    no input lag as Wired
    “Strong people don't put others down... They lift them up.”
    - Darth Vader, Philanthropist
  • PresidentCamachoPresidentCamacho Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho Joined: Posts: 3,455
    edited January 2015
    Darksakul wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with this stick?

http://www.amazon.de/Playstation-Arcade-Stick-Kabelgebunden-Lizenziert/dp/B00NHDSINS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1422097046&sr=8-2&keywords=arcade+stick

I don't know German so I am not sure if I can make everything out.

I got this out of Google Translate
    Officially licensed by Sony product
    Exclusive dual format for PlayStation 4 PlayStation 3
    Contemporary chic and compactly designed, the perfect addition to any PS4 - and PS3
    Authentic joysticks and buttons in slots quality
    8 button layout with turbo function and the unique PS4 Share Button
    Original layout and components in premium quality
    But still easy to carry desingned for comfort and stability
    4 meter USB cable
    no input lag as Wired

Looks like the Mayflash V2 casing, which would also mean an easy swap in for Sanwa/Seimitsu. Take a look at the two side by side: http://www.amazon.com/MAYFLASH-XBOX-360-Arcade-Fighting-Stick/dp/B00NOAWLBE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422125791&sr=8-1&keywords=mayflash+v2

Makes sense given that we know of at least one other branding for the mayflash.

Post edited by PresidentCamacho on
    edited January 2015
    @Darksakul‌ How do you even find this one? >< Your arcade buying skills are good!

Thanks to you, I've found the mayflash v2 in europe! ([http://www.amazon.de/Arcade-Fighting-Stick-für-Xbox360/dp/B00NOAWLBE/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1422135710&amp;sr=8-8&amp;keywords=arcade+stick)
    Will wait for your feedback on the new device 'though, before buying the one in link.
    Kwiskas wrote: »
    @Darksakul‌ How do you even find this one? >< Your arcade buying skills are good!

Thanks to you, I've found the mayflash v2 in europe! ([http://www.amazon.de/Arcade-Fighting-Stick-für-Xbox360/dp/B00NOAWLBE/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1422135710&amp;sr=8-8&amp;keywords=arcade+stick)
    Will wait for your feedback on the new device 'though, before buying the one in link.

Someone else asked me about it, I am just crowd sourcing for info.
    Man, I hope we see that model released over here, that would sure beat having to import a FC4 pad if the price point is like the v2.
    edited January 2015
    Any ways don't thank me thank me, thank @noLegenD2199‌ for pointing out the re-brained Mayflash stick the Venom.
  • noLegenD2199noLegenD2199 AnBi2199 Joined: Posts: 6
    Release date is the 16th of february.
    I will post pictures once I get it. That's the least I can do after Darksakul was so kind and asked around for me :smiley:
  • Phobic PandaPhobic Panda Joined: Posts: 8
    'm looking to buy my first arcade stick in the next couple of days. I was wondering if anybody has any suggestions on a stick to get, what I'm looking for is one that has the toggle switch for PS3/PS4. As I currently play games on both.

I really was looking forward to getting the Ultra Street Fighter IV one, but its always sold out.
  • hunnerhunner My ear is constantly ringing. Joined: Posts: 25
    whats the best thing i could get for 180? i mean exactly 180 i dont have enough for a 200 buck stick or id buy a madcatz TE round 2/1 or something. Right now im looking at the eightarc fusion.
    hunner wrote: »
    whats the best thing i could get for 180? i mean exactly 180 i dont have enough for a 200 buck stick or id buy a madcatz TE round 2/1 or something. Right now im looking at the eightarc fusion.
    Too hard to say, prices change constantly. its why I said several times in this thread that you got to do your homework and you got to shop around.
    Make sure you also factor in shipping, tax and any all and applicable fees.
  • TenshoTensho Joined: Posts: 2,873
    hunner wrote: »

Mad Catz TE1 on Ebay, Craigslist etc
    There's a torii stick (dual compatible, sanwa parts, nice metal case with easy swap art) @slaycruz‌ was selling for that price the last time I checked the trading outlet here.
  • Florin85Florin85 Joined: Posts: 7
    What about this stick http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hori-Fighting-Stick-Controller-Xbox/dp/B00J7PVIVO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422717297&sr=8-1&keywords=Xbox360+Fighting+Stick+VX , this wil be my first arcade stick .. im looking forward to USFIV and UMVC3 for the Xbox360 .
  • InfiniteKicksInfiniteKicks Joined: Posts: 3
    Get a pad, sticks are overrated.
    Mains:
    TTT2: Kazuya/Lee
    SSF4: Dudley
    MVC3: Magneto/Zero/Dante
    Get a pad, sticks are overrated.
    Get out!

If you actually paid attention to any of the threads you notice there is lack of quality game pads for fighting games on the market for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii, Wii U and PC.
  • love84love84 Joined: Posts: 10
    so after reading this post, ive found out, that im lf an HORI Real Arcade PRO.EX VLX but the problem is, noone is selling this stick in germany. any idea how to get this stick ?
    love84 wrote: »
    so after reading this post, ive found out, that im lf an HORI Real Arcade PRO.EX VLX but the problem is, noone is selling this stick in germany. any idea how to get this stick ?
    You might have to ship from overseas, find a US or Japanese seller.
    dont wanna wait 1 month for the stick. ill buy a TE2 stick for the xbox one, but it aint working on pc, and im gonna use the fightstick on pc. so i rly dont know what stick to buy.
    dont wanna wait 1 month for the stick. ill buy a TE2 stick for the xbox one, but it aint working on pc, and im gonna use the fightstick on pc. so i rly dont know what stick to buy.
    It does work, just not the RT and LT buttons, but that the fault with the drivers from Microsoft and not Mad Catz.
    If you want a TE 2 for the PC you should look towards the PS3/PS4 version, just set the stick to PS3 mode.
    the TE2 isnt out for the ps3/ps4. i could only find the madcatz pro fightstick, but the quality is too low for me.
    sorry for double post, ive decided to buy the razer atrox for the xbox one, but im not sure what kind of restrictor plate is inside, im lf the 8way octagonal one. anyone knows somethink more?
    Fightsticks almost always come with square gate because it's the standard, Atrox comes with a JLF with a square gate so you'll need this
    http://www.focusattack.com/jlf-gt-y-octagonal-restrictor-plate-insert/
    I rather not recommend to new players a octagonal gate
    switching to a octagonal gate does not guarantee better game play.
    Some people actually become worst.

The misnomer is square gates equal 4 way which is not true.
    a Square gate on a JLF do not become 4 way until you rotate your inner portion of the gate 45 degrees
    sorry for double post, ive decided to buy the razer atrox for the xbox one, but im not sure what kind of restrictor plate is inside, im lf the 8way octagonal one. anyone knows somethink more?
    Also the Razer Atrox for the Xbox One will have the exact same issues as the Mad Catz TE 2 for the Xbox One with PC game play.

haha too bad i didnt read ur post yesterday, ordered the razer atrox for xbox one and got it one hour ago, everythink seems top quality comparing to my first stick, hori sc4. the buttons are extremly sensitive. anyway, LT and RT aint working with it. but ive switchted the cables from LB to RT and got 6 buttons working. Now i know the atrox got a 4way gate, im mainly playing usf4 so i think an octagonal gate + a oversized actuator would be better for me, since im a total noob when it comes to fightstick, ive used a pad my whole life. any recommendations ?
  • Florin85Florin85 Joined: Posts: 7
    Hello , so i bought an arcade stick for ps3 , 50 euros .. Its the Wiiu arcade stick modded with this PCB http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/pc-and-ps3-1-player-arcade-controller-interface.html . Im asking is it good for my first stick ? Also has a http://www.arcadeworlduk.com/products/Sanwa-GT-Y-Octagonal-Gate.html .
    edited February 2015
    You didn't specify the stick, only the gate and PCB, a good stick would have parts like Sanwa, Seimitsu, American, Korean parts etc that are known in my opinion, but if you're happy and the stick does what you want it to then it's a good first stick.